abonnement Unibet Coolblue
  donderdag 29 juni 2017 @ 13:06:27 #226
295722 Euribob
Plus 150 Basispunten
pi_172041849
En even de bezem door het topic heengehaald.
Choking on those tossed salads and scrambled eggs
pi_172042101
Stukje over 'pro-life Democrats':

quote:
What Pro-Life Democrats Want from the DNC
Democrats for Life of America is asking the Democratic National Committee to alter its pro-choice party platform and make clear it supports candidates who oppose abortion.

A group of pro-life Democrats met with Democratic National Committee Chair Tom Perez at DNC headquarters in Washington, DC on Tuesday, according to Kristen Day, the executive director of pro-life group Democrats for Life of America. Day said that members of her organization as well as other Democrats who identify as pro-life, including Democratic congressman Daniel Lipinski of Illinois and other current and former elected officials, attended the meeting, which takes place as the party is struggling to win back power in Washington.

Democrats for Life of America delivered a list of requests to Perez that the group wants the DNC to fulfill in order to reach out to, and welcome, more pro-life Democrats into the party, according to Day.

A copy of the list shared with The Atlantic calls for “a public statement on the Democratic National Committee website and a letter from the chairman to all state and local party chairs explaining that the party does not support an abortion litmus test and pressuring people to change their position on life” as one in a series of actions the pro-life group wants to see from the DNC. The group also wants the party to drop the section of its platform opposing the Hyde Amendment, which bars federal funding of abortion in most circumstances.

Asked for comment on the meeting, the DNC did not explicitly address any of the requests. “Our party has always welcomed different opinions on several issues and Tom is committed to listening to all Democrats as we work to rebuild our party. Our party platform makes clear that Democrats trust women to make their own choices about their body and their health and Tom stand by this,” DNC spokeswoman Xochitl Hinojosa said.

“At a time when 13 Republican men are making decisions about women’s health care and women and families are under historic threat, we must come together and speak as loudly as ever to fight for dignity and justice for everyone,” Hinojosa added.

The meeting was set up at the request of Democrats for Life. A spokesman for Representative Lipinski confirmed that he attended Tuesday’s meeting.

An aide to Perez added that the DNC chair also met with more than 30 women leaders in May to “discuss the future of the Democratic party and working together to protect women’s reproductive health.”

Following the 2016 presidential election, the Democratic Party’s stance on abortion has come under scrutiny and has been the subject of controversy and debate.

The Democratic Party’s current platform is unequivocal in its support for “safe and legal abortion.” In the wake of the election, however, party leaders have attempted to walk a fine line between affirming the official party platform and suggesting that there is still a place in the party for pro-life Democrats at a time when the party has been shut out of power in the White House, Congress and state legislatures across the country.

In April, Perez suggested that the Democratic Party should not “demand fealty on every issue,” including abortion. Not long after, however, NARAL Pro-Choice America criticized the DNC over its support for a Nebraska mayoral candidate who identified as “personally pro-life,” as “not only disappointing” but “politically stupid.”NARAL president Ilyse Hogue said in a statement that “if Democrats think the path forward following the 2016 election is to support candidates who substitute their own judgement and ideology for that of their female constituents, they have learned all the wrong lessons and are bound to lose.”

Following that backlash, Perez issued a statement that was widely viewed within the party as a litmus test on abortion. “Every Democrat, like every American, should support a woman’s right to make her own choices about her body and her health” the chair said. “That is not negotiable and should not change city by city or state by state.”

House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi responded to the controversy in April by saying “of course” it’s possible to be pro-life and have the support of the Democratic Party. Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer said that the Democrats are a “big-tent party,” but, he added that Democrats are “let’s make no mistake about it, we’re a pro-choice party, a strongly pro-choice party.”

The DNC has since sought to clarify its stance. “The party does not believe in a litmus test,” Hinojosa told The Atlantic in May. An aide to Perez told The Atlantic in April that the DNC Chair had never said he did not support pro-life candidates.

Evidently, however, some pro-life Democrats do not feel the party has made it clear where the chair stands. As part of a push for additional clarification, Democrats for Life wants the party to make other commitments to pro-life Democrats as well, though the DNC has so far given no public indication it will comply.

In addition to ​a request for a statement direct from Perez that the party does not ​​have a litmus test, Democrats for Life’s ​list calls for t​he party to make resources available to support pro-life Democrats. The list asks for “the establishment of a Democratic Pro-Life Political Action Committee to be used specifically to support pro-life Democratic candidates.” It also requests that the 2020 Democratic Party platform be “inclusive to Democrats who oppose abortion,” and calls for eliminating language currently in the 2016 platform “opposing the Hyde Amendment.”

In an interview on Wednesday, Day emphasized that she hopes Tuesday’s meeting will be just the start of a broader conversation within the party over how to expand its coalition to include more pro-life Democrats.

“I think it’s fair to say that we still have a lot of work to do to educate people within the party on what it means to be a pro-life Democrat, and how to win races as a pro-life Democrat,” she said, adding that the meeting was “productive” and that the DNC “heard our concerns on the DNC platform and the DNC message on abortion.”

Democrats for Life board member Charles Camosy wrote in Crux on Wednesday that the meeting with Perez “suggests the party may be ready to rethink its approach, at least in terms of tolerance for pro-life voices.” Camosy described the focus of the meeting as a conversation about: “How Democrats can open the big tent and start winning again” and added: “the Democratic Party needs to fundamentally rethink its relationship with NARAL-style abortion orthodoxy. It has killed the party in the past, it is killing the party today, and spells doom for the party’s future with young people as well.”

In response for a request for comment, NARAL’s senior vice president for campaigns and strategies Sasha Bruce said: “The Democratic Party has and will always include people who don’t personally believe that abortion is an option for them or their families. But the Democratic Party should draw the line on supporting legislators or candidates who seek to impose those personal views on their constituents and the country. Autonomy over our own bodies is a human right and we can’t have economic security without it.”
bron
Volkorenbrood: "Geen quotes meer in jullie sigs gaarne."
pi_172042262
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 28 juni 2017 09:17 schreef WhiteBeard1965 het volgende:

[..]

En de meesten durven niet eens hun ware gezicht hier te tonen, zoals jij en ik
Russche trollen tonen nooit hun gezicht maar hun post geschiedenis spreekt boekdelen!
  donderdag 29 juni 2017 @ 14:25:22 #229
295722 Euribob
Plus 150 Basispunten
pi_172043894
Laten we ook niet gaan roddelen over users die hier niet meer komen, mensen.
Choking on those tossed salads and scrambled eggs
pi_172045002
realDonaldTrump twitterde op donderdag 29-06-2017 om 14:52:17 I heard poorly rated @Morning_Joe speaks badly of me (don't watch anymore). Then how come low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe, came.. reageer retweet
realDonaldTrump twitterde op donderdag 29-06-2017 om 14:58:23 ...to Mar-a-Lago 3 nights in a row around New Year's Eve, and insisted on joining me. She was bleeding badly from a face-lift. I said no! reageer retweet
Wtf is dit nu weer.
Elke keer denk je toch weer dat de bodem bereikt is, maar dit is toch weer een tandje lager.
pi_172045031
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 29 juni 2017 15:07 schreef archito het volgende:
realDonaldTrump twitterde op donderdag 29-06-2017 om 14:52:17 I heard poorly rated @Morning_Joe speaks badly of me (don't watch anymore). Then how come low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe, came.. reageer retweet
realDonaldTrump twitterde op donderdag 29-06-2017 om 14:58:23 ...to Mar-a-Lago 3 nights in a row around New Year's Eve, and insisted on joining me. She was bleeding badly from a face-lift. I said no! reageer retweet
Wtf is dit nu weer.
Dit is nu de leider van de vrije wereld, die mensen die kritiek hebben afzeikt op Twitter.
Hoeren neuken, nooit meer werken.
pi_172045091
quote:
9s.gif Op donderdag 29 juni 2017 15:08 schreef Ludachrist het volgende:

[..]

Dit is nu de leider van de vrije wereld, die mensen die kritiek hebben afzeikt op Twitter.
Dit is weer een nieuw dieptepunt
Before I die, I’m going to eat a bag of unpopped popcorn. That should make the cremation a little more interesting.
pi_172045132
quote:
Wtf is dit nu weer.
Elke keer denk je toch weer dat de bodem bereikt is, maar dit is toch weer een tandje lager.
_O- Ongekend treurig.
Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
Far across the moonbeam I know that's who you are
  donderdag 29 juni 2017 @ 15:12:33 #234
384435 klappernootopreis
Pleens treens en ottomobile
pi_172045155
quote:

[..]

als je naar de tijdsindex kijkt zit hij gewoon op de plee te twitteren.
Mag ik je vandaag weer eens irriteren?
  Moderator donderdag 29 juni 2017 @ 15:14:03 #235
54278 crew  Tijger_m
pi_172045193
quote:

[..]

Nee hoor, de leider van de vrije wereld woont in Berlijn tegenwoordig. Oh, de ironie.
"The enemy isn't men, or women, it's bloody stupid people and no one has the right to be stupid." - Sir Terry Pratchett.
pi_172045315
quote:
Wtf is dit nu weer.
Kompromat noemen ze dit toch in goed Russisch?
Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind.
- Rudyard Kipling
pi_172045362
quote:
Wtf is dit nu weer.
Die man heeft iets teveel ja-knikkers om zich heen. ;)
pi_172045363
quote:

[..]

De President hoopt dat de betreffende personen iets positiefs met die kritiek gaan doen.
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”
― C.S. Lewis
  Moderator donderdag 29 juni 2017 @ 15:21:53 #239
54278 crew  Tijger_m
pi_172045405
quote:
14s.gif Op donderdag 29 juni 2017 15:20 schreef Eficaz het volgende:

[..]

De President hoopt dat de betreffende personen iets positiefs met die kritiek gaan doen.
Welke kritiek is dat precies? Ik zie namelijk geen kritiek.
"The enemy isn't men, or women, it's bloody stupid people and no one has the right to be stupid." - Sir Terry Pratchett.
pi_172045521
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 29 juni 2017 15:21 schreef Tijger_m het volgende:

[..]

Het is een beetje of je zit te kijken naar de 'Knoop in je zakdoek'-variant van de echte politiek. Helaas trekt het ook bijbehorende users aan.
Volkorenbrood: "Geen quotes meer in jullie sigs gaarne."
  donderdag 29 juni 2017 @ 15:29:18 #241
384435 klappernootopreis
pi_172045558
quote:
1s.gif Op donderdag 29 juni 2017 15:20 schreef VEM2012 het volgende:

[..]

Die heeft hij zelf heel zorgvuldig rond zich verzameld, idd.
  Moderator donderdag 29 juni 2017 @ 15:32:46 #242
54278 crew  Tijger_m
pi_172045641
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 29 juni 2017 15:29 schreef klappernootopreis het volgende:

[..]

Die heeft hij zelf heel zorgvuldig rond zich verzameld, idd.
Heh, en sommigen beginnen hun eigen regering zonder Trump lijkt het. Of dat beter of slechter is laat ik in het midden
  donderdag 29 juni 2017 @ 15:33:04 #243
344884 monkyyy
Myers-Briggs: INTJ
pi_172045645
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 29 juni 2017 15:21 schreef Tijger_m het volgende:

[..]

1) Betere ratings krijgen
2) Een hoger IQ krijgen
3) Niet psychopathisch zijn
4) Meer vitamine K eten zodat het bloeden sneller stopt.

Ondertussen:

You can learn anything, the secret lies in discipline.
"What the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve"
You will make mistakes. Forgive yourself. Move on. Start rebuilding.
pi_172045667
quote:

[..]

Wat is mis met de vrijheid van meningsuiting? Zeker naar degene toe die er een dagtaak van maken anderen zoals Trump te beledigen en te belasteren? De hypocrisie druipt er weer vanaf. Gekke anti-Trumpies. _O-

Dankzij Trump is de geloofwaardigheid van de mainstream-media eindelijk eens fatsoenlijk aangepakt. Natuurlijk mag dat via de social media. Wie immers de bal kaatst krijgt hem terug.

Go Trump! ^O^
  donderdag 29 juni 2017 @ 15:34:34 #245
384435 klappernootopreis
pi_172045669
quote:
9s.gif Op donderdag 29 juni 2017 15:33 schreef monkyyy het volgende:

[..]

1) Betere ratings krijgen
2) Een hoger IQ krijgen
3) Niet psychopathisch zijn
4) Meer vitamine K eten zodat het bloeden sneller stopt.

Ondertussen:

[ afbeelding ]
:D
  Overall beste user 2022 donderdag 29 juni 2017 @ 15:34:46 #246
3928 Ulx
you aint no punk you punk
pi_172045674
quote:
1s.gif Op donderdag 29 juni 2017 15:20 schreef VEM2012 het volgende:

[..]

Dat noemt hij loyaliteit.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
pi_172045695
quote:
1s.gif Op donderdag 29 juni 2017 15:34 schreef Ulx het volgende:

[..]

Dat noemt hij loyaliteit.
Nee, humor. :)
  donderdag 29 juni 2017 @ 15:35:46 #248
384435 klappernootopreis
pi_172045699
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 29 juni 2017 15:34 schreef Elzies het volgende:

[..]

Wat is mis met de vrijheid van meningsuiting? Zeker naar degene toe die er een dagtaak van maken anderen zoals Trump te beledigen en te belasteren? De hypocrisie druipt er weer vanaf. Gekke anti-Trumpies. _O-

Dankzij Trump is de geloofwaardigheid van de mainstream-media eindelijk eens fatsoenlijk aangepakt. Natuurlijk mag dat via de social media. Wie immers de bal kaatst krijgt hem terug.

Go Trump! ^O^
:{w ik hoopte op een ban. Trollt die gast hier weer..
pi_172045710
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 29 juni 2017 15:34 schreef Elzies het volgende:

[..]

Go Trump! ^O^
Ik zou denken dat een president wel iets beters te doen had dan dit soort sneue berichtjes plaatsen, maar goed, blijkbaar hou je veel tijd over als je maximaal een A4'tje of drie per dag leest.
Hoeren neuken, nooit meer werken.
  donderdag 29 juni 2017 @ 15:36:39 #250
384435 klappernootopreis
pi_172045725
quote:
14s.gif Op donderdag 29 juni 2017 15:36 schreef Ludachrist het volgende:

[..]

Ik zou denken dat een president wel iets beters te doen had dan dit soort sneue berichtjes plaatsen, maar goed, blijkbaar hou je veel tijd over als je maximaal een A4'tje of drie per dag leest.
met Fox approval.
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')