abonnement Unibet Coolblue
pi_181976581
Trump Jr. :')

DonaldJTrumpJr twitterde op zondag 16-09-2018 om 14:57:07 It’s a shame that CNN’s ratings are down 41%. What’s worse is there’s a simple solution that they refuse to accept. Stop Lying to try to make @realDonaldTrump look bad. https://t.co/O3XyWchsJh https://t.co/BCUCxKnOvO reageer retweet
“The fundamental cause of the trouble in the modern world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.”— Bertrand Russell
pi_181976883
Latest U.S. tariffs won’t affect Apple, but China’s retaliation might

Smartwatches, earbuds avoid tax, but iPhone production may be vulnerable to China’s next moves

quote:
Apple Inc. dodged stinging duties on its smartwatches and wireless earbuds after the U.S. excluded those gadgets from tariffs on $200 billion in Chinese goods, though the tech giant still faces retaliatory measures being weighed by China that could strike iPhone production there.

The trade tensions are rattling companies in a range of industries, but Apple’s heavy dependence on the U.S. and China makes it especially vulnerable as the world’s two largest powers escalate their economic feud. Because Apple AAPL, -2.66% assembles almost all of its gadgets in China, its watches, AirPods and other devices are vulnerable to the Trump administration’s plans to widen the scope of tariffs on Chinese imports — a risk Apple warned about earlier this month.

That reliance also could make the iPhone and other devices vulnerable if Chinese officials follow through on retaliatory moves to restrict sales of materials, equipment and parts key to U.S. manufacturers — measures The Wall Street Journal on Sunday reported that Beijing is considering.

The timing of the countries’ new measures could be especially bad for Apple, which this week starts shipping two of its three new iPhones and a new smartwatch. Those new devices are expected to help fuel the company’s sales in the final three months of the year, when Christmas shopping helps deliver about one-third of Apple’s annual revenue.
“The fundamental cause of the trouble in the modern world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.”— Bertrand Russell
  Overall beste user 2022 dinsdag 18 september 2018 @ 06:34:05 #203
3928 Ulx
you aint no punk you punk
pi_181976926
Goedemorgen.

quote:
McConnell complains that Democrats aren’t following “standard bi-partisan process” and “regular order” on Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court
https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/1041775273203642369?s=19

Koekoek!
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
pi_181977020
Mogge!

Donald Trump, Jr. Posts Instagram Apparently Mocking Kavanaugh's Accuser

quote:
Donald Trump, Jr., son of President Donald Trump, posted an image to his Instagram account on Sunday appearing to mock the woman who accused Supreme Court nominee Judge Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault.

The image shows a piece of scrap paper with childish handwriting reading: “Hi Cindy, will you be my girlfriend,” followed by two boxes marked “yes” and “no.” “Love, Bret [sic]” the note ended.

The image references Christine Blasey Ford’s allegation that Kavanaugh had assaulted her when they were both teenagers.

“Oh boy… the Dems and their usual nonsense games really have him [Kavanaugh] on the ropes now,” wrote Trump Jr. in the image’s caption. “Finestein [sic] had the letter in July and saved it for the eve of his vote … honorable as always. I believe this is a copy for full transparency.”
pi_181977161
quote:
6s.gif Op dinsdag 18 september 2018 06:25 schreef Kijkertje het volgende:
Latest U.S. tariffs won’t affect Apple, but China’s retaliation might

Smartwatches, earbuds avoid tax, but iPhone production may be vulnerable to China’s next moves

[..]

Krijgen andere in China geproduceerde telefoons in amerika dan ook geen heffingen?
pi_181977265
Ik denk niet dat we ooit zullen weten of de beschuldigingen kloppen of niet. Wat voor mij wel tekenend is, is hoe figuren als Trump (jr) en McConnel hiermee omgaan. Hypocrisie ten top.
pi_181977614
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 18 september 2018 07:29 schreef archito het volgende:
Ik denk niet dat we ooit zullen weten of de beschuldigingen kloppen of niet. Wat voor mij wel tekenend is, is hoe figuren als Trump (jr) en McConnel hiermee omgaan. Hypocrisie ten top.
Zo hypocriet is het niet, Trump heeft volgens mij nog nooit direct de kant van een vrouw gekozen bij dit soort zaken.
Hoeren neuken, nooit meer werken.
pi_181977639
quote:
7s.gif Op dinsdag 18 september 2018 07:56 schreef Ludachrist het volgende:

[..]

Zo hypocriet is het niet, Trump heeft volgens mij nog nooit direct de kant van een vrouw gekozen bij dit soort zaken.
True, al klagen ze graag over smerige Dems toch? En McConnel met zijn opmerking over dat de Democraten de procedures/gewoontes niet volgen is ook aardig hypocriet.
pi_181977911
quote:
1s.gif Op dinsdag 18 september 2018 07:59 schreef archito het volgende:

[..]

True, al klagen ze graag over smerige Dems toch? En McConnel met zijn opmerking over dat de Democraten de procedures/gewoontes niet volgen is ook aardig hypocriet.
McConnell is weer een ander verhaal, maar dat die niet vies is van wat gedraai als het in zijn voordeel is was ook al wel een tijdje duidelijk.

Maar ik kan me eigenlijk niet voorstellen dat ze die benoeming nu niet gaan uitstellen. Los van het feit of er daadwerkelijk iets gebeurd is of niet lijkt het me wel relevant om er wat opheldering over te hebben. Beetje kut voor de Republikeinen als ze dan een meerderheid verliezen in November, maar goed, je kan niet altijd zes gooien.
Hoeren neuken, nooit meer werken.
  Overall beste user 2022 dinsdag 18 september 2018 @ 08:31:21 #210
3928 Ulx
pi_181978080
quote:
7s.gif Op dinsdag 18 september 2018 08:16 schreef Ludachrist het volgende:

[..]

McConnell is weer een ander verhaal, maar dat die niet vies is van wat gedraai als het in zijn voordeel is was ook al wel een tijdje duidelijk.

Maar ik kan me eigenlijk niet voorstellen dat ze die benoeming nu niet gaan uitstellen. Los van het feit of er daadwerkelijk iets gebeurd is of niet lijkt het me wel relevant om er wat opheldering over te hebben. Beetje kut voor de Republikeinen als ze dan een meerderheid verliezen in November, maar goed, je kan niet altijd zes gooien.
Zelfs al verliezen ze de meerderheid is dat tot januari geen belemmering om gewoon een benoeming door te drukken.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
  dinsdag 18 september 2018 @ 08:47:00 #211
384435 klappernootopreis
Pleens treens en ottomobile
pi_181978251
https://edition.cnn.com/2(...)tion-room/index.html

De ironie. IEDEREEN in het WH moet zich schikken naar nieuwe regels mbt het telefoonverkeer vanwege die OP-ed, terwijl er elke morgen een orang-oetan op de plee zit om Twitter munitie af te vuren die tegen zichzelf gebruikt kan worden.
Mag ik je vandaag weer eens irriteren?
  dinsdag 18 september 2018 @ 08:47:40 #212
384435 klappernootopreis
pi_181978256
quote:
1s.gif Op dinsdag 18 september 2018 08:31 schreef Ulx het volgende:

[..]

Zelfs al verliezen ze de meerderheid is dat tot januari geen belemmering om gewoon een benoeming door te drukken.
Ze mogen het proberen ;)
  Overall beste user 2022 dinsdag 18 september 2018 @ 08:59:00 #213
3928 Ulx
pi_181978350
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 18 september 2018 08:47 schreef klappernootopreis het volgende:

[..]

Ze mogen het proberen ;)
De nieuwe senaat wordt toch pas in januari geïnstalleerd? Ik zie McConnell er wel voor aan om gewoon als lame duck senaat zoiets te doen.
  dinsdag 18 september 2018 @ 08:59:27 #214
384435 klappernootopreis
pi_181978353
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 18 september 2018 08:59 schreef Ulx het volgende:

[..]

De nieuwe senaat wordt toch pas in januari geïnstalleerd? Ik zie McConnell er wel voor aan om gewoon als lame duck senaat zoiets te doen.
Hij is er glibberig genoeg voor.
  dinsdag 18 september 2018 @ 09:02:55 #215
384435 klappernootopreis
pi_181978383
pi_181978453
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 18 september 2018 08:59 schreef Ulx het volgende:

[..]

Ik neem mijn woorden terug. Dát zou het toppunt van hypocrisie zijn.
  dinsdag 18 september 2018 @ 09:50:38 #217
384435 klappernootopreis
pi_181979156
quote:
1s.gif Op maandag 17 september 2018 18:39 schreef westwoodblvd het volgende:

[..]

Dan moet Dr. Ford wel met specifieke details komen. Waarop Kavenaugh kan worden ondergevraagd. Als het bij "ergens begin jaren '80" blijft, heeft hij wel een redelijke plausible deniability.
Misschien komt Dr Ford wel met foto's van dat feestje op de proppen of is er een gastenlijst. Dan is zijn ontkenning dat hij niet op dat feestje aanwezig was gelijk onderuitgehaald.
  Overall beste user 2022 dinsdag 18 september 2018 @ 10:02:08 #218
3928 Ulx
pi_181979320
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 18 september 2018 09:50 schreef klappernootopreis het volgende:

[..]

Misschien komt Dr Ford wel met foto's van dat feestje op de proppen of is er een gastenlijst. Dan is zijn ontkenning dat hij niet op dat feestje aanwezig was gelijk onderuitgehaald.
Of getuigen.
  dinsdag 18 september 2018 @ 10:03:11 #219
384435 klappernootopreis
pi_181979335
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 18 september 2018 10:02 schreef Ulx het volgende:

[..]

Of getuigen.
En met name vrouwelijke getuigen.
pi_181979487
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 18 september 2018 09:50 schreef klappernootopreis het volgende:

[..]

Twijfelachtig, ze weet zelfs niet in wiens huis het was, dacht ik.
Ich glaube, dass es manchmal nicht genügend Steine gibt und
Ich bin mir sicher, dass auch schöne Augen weinen
  Overall beste user 2022 dinsdag 18 september 2018 @ 10:16:37 #221
3928 Ulx
pi_181979501
https://www.huffingtonpos(...)20f6e4b013b0977defff

quote:
We Know Brett Kavanaugh Has Lied Already

This nation is suffering a significant breakdown of civility, bipartisanship and ethical behavior. For the Trump administration and the Republican leaders who enable it, truth is no longer a cherished value. To them, lying seems to be part of the strategy, a cynical weapon to be used against their opponents.

This week, we are witnessing the full depth of that cynicism, as the White House and its supporters smear a woman who makes credible, significant accusations of sexual assault against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh. At the same time, another fact has become clear: Kavanaugh himself has a casual relationship with the truth ― and in that, he fits right in with the way President Donald Trump and his party behave.

At the White House event announcing Kavanaugh’s nomination, the appellate judge offered a remark that seemed odd. Praising Trump, he said, “No president has ever consulted more widely, or talked with more people from more backgrounds, to seek input about a Supreme Court nomination.”

I personally found this hard to believe. How would Kavanaugh know that? Why would he be so sure and definitive about it? I did what we all do these days with the overwhelming list of lies coming out of this White House — I figured that Republicans were all “in on it,” that this comment would stand as just another obviously false spin in the process of getting another illegitimate seat on the Supreme Court for a conservative judge. But it turns out this was only a glimpse into the nominee’s disturbing willingness to avoid the truth.

In fact, there’s clear evidence showing that Kavanaugh lied under oath during the 2006 confirmation hearing for his spot on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit. I should know: I was one of the senators on the Judiciary Committee who questioned him.

I asked Kavanaugh about his involvement as White House staff secretary in the highly controversial 2001 nomination of Charles Pickering Sr. to the 5th Circuit. Many of us were concerned about a 1994 hate crimes case in which Pickering decided that a 25-year-old, who had participated with two others in a cross burning, was deserving of a reduced sentence.

During the Senate’s consideration of Pickering’s nomination, we had also learned that the federal trial judge solicited and collected letters of support from lawyers who had appeared in his courtroom, some of whom had cases still pending before him. This was a clear breach of judicial ethics, so I asked Kavanaugh about it:

Sen. Russ Feingold: My first question is this. Did you know that Judge Pickering planned to solicit letters of support in this manner before he did so? And if not, when did you become aware that Judge Pickering had solicited these letters of support?

Brett Kavanaugh: The answer to the first question, Senator, is no. This was not one of the judicial nominees that I was primarily handling.

But newly released emails show that Kavanaugh appeared to be the primary person handling Pickering’s nomination, at least by 2003, and was heavily involved in pushing for his confirmation as early as March 2002. There are emails showing that Kavanaugh coordinated meetings with and about Pickering; that he drafted remarks, letters to people on the Hill and at least one op-ed for then-White House Counsel Alberto Gonzales about Pickering; that he advised Gonzales on Pickering strategy; and much more.

One Department of Justice official even asked for Kavanaugh’s “blessings and instructions” before calling the nominee.

Others may have been involved, but Kavanaugh played a decisive leadership role in managing Pickering’s nomination and then lied to me about it.

In another example, Kavanaugh had worked to advance multiple controversial judicial nominations from President George W. Bush during a time when a Republican Senate staffer named Manuel Miranda accessed and downloaded thousands of computer files belonging to Democratic senators. Because Kavanaugh could have been in receipt of the stolen documents, he was grilled by senators of both parties on the matter at his first confirmation hearing in 2004 and he denied any involvement.

But emails released this year show that Kavanaugh received material from numerous emails, draft letters and memos laying out the legal arguments Democrats were going to make regarding Bush’s judicial nominees, including talking points written by a staffer to Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.). One email even had the subject line “Spying” on it. Kavanaugh not only received that message, which mentioned a “mole,” but forwarded it to Gonzales. Leahy asked Kavanaugh about this regrettable episode in the 2004 confirmation hearing, and Kavanaugh’s responses were both unsatisfying and evasive.

Taking all his testimony together, we see a clear pattern emerge: Brett Kavanaugh has never appeared under oath before the U.S. Senate without lying.

As a onetime member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, I considered the truthfulness of judicial nominees as a non-negotiable quality. Lying under oath cannot and must not be rewarded with a seat on the nation’s highest court, and lies cannot remain unchallenged.

So as an illegitimate administration goes to work attacking the credibility of a brave woman recounting her assault, let’s recognize the enormously cynical hypocrisy: The nominee they’re desperate to protect is a calculated liar who uses dishonesty to advance his own career. And any denial of these accusations by Kavanaugh before the committee must be viewed in the context of his multiple earlier lies under oath to that same committee.

This nomination can and must be withdrawn. Nominees to the U.S. Supreme Court must be held to a higher standard, and it is the job of determined senators to do just that.

Russ Feingold served as a United States senator from Wisconsin from 1993 to 2011 and is the founder of @LegitAction.
  dinsdag 18 september 2018 @ 10:18:01 #222
384435 klappernootopreis
pi_181979521
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 18 september 2018 10:15 schreef crystal_meth het volgende:

[..]

Misschien kan Kavanaugh daar duidelijkheid over geven, als ze het hem vriendelijk vragen..
  Overall beste user 2022 dinsdag 18 september 2018 @ 10:20:02 #223
3928 Ulx
pi_181979550
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 18 september 2018 10:15 schreef crystal_meth het volgende:

[..]

We zullen zien of ze alle details al in die brief heeft gezet.
  Overall beste user 2022 dinsdag 18 september 2018 @ 10:32:08 #224
3928 Ulx
pi_181979714
  dinsdag 18 september 2018 @ 10:32:16 #225
384435 klappernootopreis
pi_181979717
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 18 september 2018 10:20 schreef Ulx het volgende:

[..]

We zullen zien of ze alle details al in die brief heeft gezet.
Als andere gasten die brief onder ogen krijgen dan kunnen die best wel met een confirmatie op de proppen komen dat hij wél op dat feestje is geweest. Kavanaugh vertelde het congres met klem dat hij daar NIET aanwezig was. Indien dit als onwaar wordt bewezen dan heeft hij wéér gelogen tegen de senaat en is het over en uit.
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')