abonnement Unibet Coolblue
  donderdag 31 mei 2018 @ 18:35:56 #287
104871 remlof
Europees federalist
pi_179517717
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 31 mei 2018 18:20 schreef Tocadisco het volgende:

[..]

Was het dat maar, als Trump dit allemaal op eigen houtje kon doen zonder dat iemand hem kon tegenhouden zou het het allemaal nog enigszins dragelijk maken. Maar het Congres heeft gewoon de mogelijkheid om in te grijpen: https://www.businessinsid(...)ernational=true&r=US
If Republicans in Congress think Trump has a bunch of dumb, destructive ideas about trade, they should pass new laws that strip him of that power.

Maar dat doen ze vast niet.
pi_179518017
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 31 mei 2018 18:20 schreef Tocadisco het volgende:

[..]

Was het dat maar, als Trump dit allemaal op eigen houtje kon doen zonder dat iemand hem kon tegenhouden zou het het allemaal nog enigszins dragelijk maken. Maar het Congres heeft gewoon de mogelijkheid om in te grijpen: https://www.businessinsid(...)ernational=true&r=US
Dat zijn wel twee verschillende zaken. Ja, hij kan volledig op eigen houtje tarieven instellen. Het congres kan dat wel weer voorkomen. Er zullen genoeg Republikeinen helemaal niet zo blij zijn met dit soort plannen, maar partijen gaan sowieso niet heel snel op een dergelijke wijze tegen hun eigen president in.
Volkorenbrood: "Geen quotes meer in jullie sigs gaarne."
  donderdag 31 mei 2018 @ 18:49:56 #289
65394 Montov
Dogmaticus Irritantus
pi_179518055
quote:
10s.gif Op donderdag 31 mei 2018 18:35 schreef remlof het volgende:

[..]

If Republicans in Congress think Trump has a bunch of dumb, destructive ideas about trade, they should pass new laws that strip him of that power.

Maar dat doen ze vast niet.
Ik ben benieuwd of ze volgend jaar de macht van de president gaan verkleinen via wetgeving, als ze het gevoel hebben dat er na Trump weer een Democraat komt.
Géén kloon van tvlxd!
  donderdag 31 mei 2018 @ 18:53:22 #290
56724 Wombcat
rent wiel
pi_179518164
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 31 mei 2018 18:49 schreef Montov het volgende:

[..]

Ik ben benieuwd of ze volgend jaar de macht van de president gaan verkleinen via wetgeving, als ze het gevoel hebben dat er na Trump weer een Democraat komt.
Eerst maar eens afwachten of ze dan nog de meerderheid in het Congres hebben.
in a crowd you lose humanity
pi_179518680
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 31 mei 2018 18:49 schreef Montov het volgende:

[..]

Hebben ze wel een handje van. Deed de GOP in North Carolina ook toen er onverwacht een Democraat werd gekozen. Toen werden er met bloedspoed allemaal wetten doorheen gejast die zijn bevoegdheden inperkten.
  donderdag 31 mei 2018 @ 19:32:36 #292
65394 Montov
Dogmaticus Irritantus
pi_179519048
Drain the Swamp was al dood door gratieverzoeken van politieke vrienden, en het patroon wordt stevig doorzet:

quote:
Trump offers pardon to conservative pundit Dinesh D’Souza, suggests others could be coming

(..)

The president, who has issued several pardons in recent months, said he is also considering clemency in number of other cases, including those of former Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich (D) and Martha Stewart, the author and television personality.

(..)

Trump also relayed that he is considering commuting the remainder of the sentence of Blagojevich, who was convicted in 2010 on charges relating to the selling of President Barack Obama’s former Senate seat.

“What he did does not justify 18 years in a jail,” Trump said. “If you read his statement, it was a foolish statement, there was a lot of bravado. But . . . plenty of other politicians have said a lot worse. And . . . he shouldn’t have been put in jail.”

Trump also cited the case of Stewart, who was convicted in 2004 of obstructing justice and lying to investigators about a well-timed stock sale.

“I think to a certain extent Martha Stewart was harshly and unfairly treated,” Trump said. “And she used to be my biggest fan in the world . . . before I became a politician. But that’s okay, I don’t view it that way.”

(..)

The former Illinois governor was a contestant on “Celebrity Apprentice,” Trump’s reality show on NBC, in 2010, after he was indicted but before his convictions. Trump praised Blagojevich at the time for having “a lot of guts” to appear on the program.

Bron: WaPo
Het verkopen van een senaatszetel, rechtsgang belemmeren en insider trading. Trump normaliseert corruptie en wetteloosheid met deze gratie-verzoeken, en neemt misschien al een voorschot om zichzelf of zijn moerasmonsters te verdedigen.
Géén kloon van tvlxd!
pi_179519087
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 31 mei 2018 19:32 schreef Montov het volgende:
Drain the Swamp was al dood door gratieverzoeken van politieke vrienden, en het patroon wordt stevig doorzet:

[..]

Het verkopen van een senaatszetel, rechtsgang belemmeren en insider trading. Trump normaliseert corruptie en wetteloosheid met deze gratie-verzoeken, en neemt misschien al een voorschot om zichzelf of zijn moerasmonsters te verdedigen.
Zijn allebei mensen die met de Apprentice hebben meegedaan. Sluit niet uit dat dat de belangrijkste motivator is hier. :')
pi_179519274
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 31 mei 2018 19:32 schreef Montov het volgende:

[..]

In Nederland zou Trump een VVD'er zijn. :P
Volkorenbrood: "Geen quotes meer in jullie sigs gaarne."
pi_179519942
White House stonewalling government watchdog, agency says

quote:
The White House is not cooperating with requests from the government's chief watchdog, House Democratic lawmakers said, calling for a hearing to look at the administration's "dramatic decision" to ignore inquiries from the oversight agency.

Government Accountability Office general counsel Thomas Armstrong said in a letter earlier this month to White House counsel Don McGahn that he understood that "attorneys from your office and the National Security Council will not respond to inquiries or otherwise engage with GAO staff during the course of our reviews."

Armstrong asked for a response from McGahn by May 25 — a request that was not met, according to a separate letter dated Tuesday from Democrats on the House Oversight Committee.

The lawmakers, led by ranking member Elijah Cummings (D-Md.), asked committee Chairman Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) to hold a hearing to shed light on “why the Trump Administration has so severely reversed course to deny GAO access to information it has obtained for years.” The lawmakers made both letters public this week.

Armstrong wrote in his letter to McGahn that the White House's refusal to comply with the watchdog's requests "represents a clear departure from past practice.”

He said the GAO has sought information on the cost of presidential travel and security measures, vacancies in the office of the inspector general and the role of the NSC in conflict-prevention efforts abroad. He said staff “have either refused to have any discussion … or not responded at all.”

Armstrong said he was “concerned” that the White House’s “new policy” will hinder the agency from carrying out its work, which is aiding Congress in carrying out its “constitutional oversight.”

Gowdy has not yet responded to the request for a hearing on the oversight issues. His office did not immediately respond to a request for comment Thursday.
“The fundamental cause of the trouble in the modern world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.”— Bertrand Russell
  donderdag 31 mei 2018 @ 20:25:59 #296
44703 ExtraWaskracht
Laat maar lekker draaien
pi_179520422
pdmcleod twitterde op donderdag 31-05-2018 om 20:19:42 Wow. Trudeau says Canada felt a NAFTA deal was close and offered to come down to Washington to get it done. Mike Pence called him Tuesday and said a 5-year sunset clause of NAFTA was a pre-condition of such a visit. Trudeau refused. No meeting. reageer retweet
Lol, die is gek. Elke 5 jaar opnieuw nafta ff onderhandelen.
pi_179520516
Sam Bee komt met excuses voor haar beledigingen aan het adres van Ivanka.
AndrewKirell twitterde op donderdag 31-05-2018 om 20:14:50 Sam Bee apologizes, via TBS: “I would like to sincerely apologize to Ivanka Trump and to my viewers for using an expletive on my show to describe her last night. It was inappropriate and inexcusable. I crossed a line, and I deeply regret it.” reageer retweet
pi_179520542
quote:
1s.gif Op donderdag 31 mei 2018 19:41 schreef Monolith het volgende:

[..]

In Nederland zou Trump een VVD'er zijn. :P
Trump is wat Jos van Rey had willen zijn ;)
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
pi_179520550
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 31 mei 2018 20:29 schreef Nintex het volgende:
Sam Bee komt met excuses voor haar beledigingen aan het adres van Ivanka.
AndrewKirell twitterde op donderdag 31-05-2018 om 20:14:50 Sam Bee apologizes, via TBS: “I would like to sincerely apologize to Ivanka Trump and to my viewers for using an expletive on my show to describe her last night. It was inappropriate and inexcusable. I crossed a line, and I deeply regret it.” reageer retweet
Nou en.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
pi_179520751
Wie?
  donderdag 31 mei 2018 @ 20:39:40 #301
44703 ExtraWaskracht
Laat maar lekker draaien
pi_179520851
Fin.
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop: