abonnement Unibet Coolblue
  dinsdag 10 april 2018 @ 16:12:28 #176
280416 Whiskers2009
Maak dat de kat wijs!!
pi_178428372
Nog een (opinie)stuk uit de WaPo over de inval bij Cohen (is al wel wat ouder, want volgens mij is inmiddels bekend waar Cohen van verdacht wordt): https://www.washingtonpos(...)a%3Ahomepage%2Fstory
"He who gives up freedom for safety deserves neither" Benjamin Franklin
pi_178428421
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 10 april 2018 16:07 schreef Szura het volgende:
Hoe zijn die Noord-Koreaanse diplomaten dan onlangs naar Zweden gereisd?
Zweden heeft (relatief) goede banden met NK, omdat ze bijvoorbeeld ook niet in de NATO zitten. Tevens een van de weinige westerse landen met een ambassade. Die hebben het transport geregeld. Maar als Kim in zo'n kapitalistische Learjet naar Europa moet komen, is de vernedering compleet.
  dinsdag 10 april 2018 @ 16:18:15 #178
280416 Whiskers2009
Maak dat de kat wijs!!
pi_178428506
En een opiniestuk uit de WaPo over de reactie(s) van Trump op de inval bij Cohen: https://www.washingtonpos(...)m_term=.2325b7229c83
  dinsdag 10 april 2018 @ 16:19:37 #179
187810 Szura
Kijk eens aan!
pi_178428540
WH Homeland Security Advisor Bossert stapt op
Lekker zuipen, lekker dansen en daarna lekker neuken.
pi_178428610
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 10 april 2018 16:19 schreef Szura het volgende:
WH Homeland Security Advisor Bossert stapt op
Maak daar maar ontslagen van. Bolton maakt schoon schip op zijn eerste werkdag.
  dinsdag 10 april 2018 @ 16:24:18 #181
280416 Whiskers2009
Maak dat de kat wijs!!
pi_178428655
En nog een opiniestuk uit de WaPo "Firing Mueller would only make thing worse for Trump": https://www.washingtonpos(...)m_term=.b26585bc1ac4

Edit: De titel is overigens zojuist aangepast.
pi_178428719
quote:
1s.gif Op dinsdag 10 april 2018 14:46 schreef westwoodblvd het volgende:

[..]

Anno 2018 is het feit dat de President van de VS een nepuniversiteit heeft opgericht om mensen geld uit te kloppen (in feite gewoon oplichting) derderangs nieuws. 8)7
To be fair, Trump licenseert alleen zijn naam aan dit soort initiatieven, hij heeft er verder niets mee te doen.
Ja, je kunt hem kwalijk nemen dat hij het bedrijfsmodel van zo'n toko niet goed leest, maar goed, hij mist sowieso het intellect en het geduld om dat goed te snappen.
beter een knipoog dan een blauw oog
pi_178428765
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 10 april 2018 16:27 schreef Knipoogje het volgende:

[..]

To be fair, Trump licenseert alleen zijn naam aan dit soort initiatieven, hij heeft er verder niets mee te doen.
Ja, je kunt hem kwalijk nemen dat hij het bedrijfsmodel van zo'n toko niet goed leest, maar goed, hij mist sowieso het intellect en het geduld om dat goed te snappen.
Niet Trump University. Dat was volledig in eigen handen. Jij denkt aan die protserige torens in ontwikkelingslanden.
  dinsdag 10 april 2018 @ 16:31:22 #184
280416 Whiskers2009
Maak dat de kat wijs!!
pi_178428804
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 10 april 2018 16:27 schreef Knipoogje het volgende:

[..]

In dit geval niet hoor. Dit was wel een project van Trump zelf: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_University

"Owned and operated by the Trump Organisation". "It was founded bij Donald Trump and his associates".
pi_178428876
quote:
1s.gif Op dinsdag 10 april 2018 16:28 schreef westwoodblvd het volgende:

[..]

Niet Trump University. Dat was volledig in eigen handen. Jij denkt aan die protserige torens in ontwikkelingslanden.
I stand corrected.
beter een knipoog dan een blauw oog
  Overall beste user 2022 dinsdag 10 april 2018 @ 16:53:46 #186
3928 Ulx
you aint no punk you punk
pi_178429231
Zou Cohen de belastingaanslagen van Trump ergens hebben?
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
pi_178429452
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 10 april 2018 15:40 schreef klappernootopreis het volgende:

[..]

En wat zal oligarch Victor Pinchuk die een bom duiten aan Cohen heeft overgemaakt in paniek zijn financiële sporen proberen te wissen!
Waarom zou ie? Hij is pro-Westers, vriend van Bill Gates en de Clintons, denk dat ie weinig te vrezen heeft.
Ich glaube, dass es manchmal nicht genügend Steine gibt und
Ich bin mir sicher, dass auch schöne Augen weinen
  Redactie Frontpage / Sport dinsdag 10 april 2018 @ 17:11:02 #188
426493 crew  PippenScottie
pi_178429552
quote:
1s.gif Op dinsdag 10 april 2018 16:53 schreef Ulx het volgende:
Zou Cohen de belastingaanslagen van Trump ergens hebben?
Zouden er meer NDA’s en betalingen zijn?
  dinsdag 10 april 2018 @ 17:21:27 #189
44703 ExtraWaskracht
Laat maar lekker draaien
pi_178429750
Er gaat weer eentje het veld ruimen:

quote:
Homeland Security advisor Tom Bossert is resigning (Axios)

Tom Bossert, White House homeland security advisor, is resigning, the White House confirmed Tuesday.

The White House statement: “The President is grateful for Tom’s commitment to the safety and security of our great country," said Press Secretary Sarah Sanders. "President Trump thanks him for his patriotic service and wishes him well.”

The backstory, per Axios' Jonathan Swan: Senior staff were initially worried about former National Security Advisor Mike Flynn and thought somebody was needed to "keep an eye on him." Bossert was partly brought in to fulfill that role and focus more on domestic terrorist threats — but it never worked out that way as Flynn was gone in a matter of weeks. H.R. McMaster's entrance further essentially stripped Bossert of his terrorism work. Bossert ended up playing an important role on natural disasters, but that was a very different job than what he was brought in to do.
Bossert also didn't have much of a relationship with the president until last summer's hurricanes — on which he briefed Trump. POTUS thought he did a good job and, for the most part, was good on TV, but Bossert wasn't a staffer who spent a lot of time in the Oval Office.

A source who's worked with Bossert in the White House tells Swan: "His primary role ended up being the point person responding to the natural disasters, of which there were many. He invested a lot of time, effort and energy in that."
"[W]hen McMaster came in he essentially took away [Bossert's] counter-terrorism portfolio. He never lost the title but in reality he was frustrated with the fact that whole half of his portfolio got taken away."
Bossert also tried to lead efforts on cyber security, which never fully came to fruition, thanks to a huge interagency process.
  dinsdag 10 april 2018 @ 17:22:51 #190
8369 speknek
Another day another slay
pi_178429783
Michael Cohen is the most important non-Trump in the Trump business world.

He oversaw nearly all the foreign deals as the Trump Org shifted its focus to sketchy third-tier overseas oligarchs.

1/
He was not part of the Trump Org legal team in any real sense. Trump Org lawyers either set up contracts for deals others had brought or they handled litigation.

Cohen did neither. He was a deal maker. The only non-Trump deal maker doing all those international deals.

2/
He, Ivanka, and Don, Jr., were the entire global development team at a time when the company was exploring dozens of deals all over the world.

If he were to flip, it would be Ivanka and Don, Jr. who should be most worried.

3/
We know, of course, that the Trump Org did business with corrupt politicians, sanctions-violators, money launderers, etc. The only open question is how much they knew about their partners' activity.

Cohen knows how much they knew. He knows what he told them.

4/
He is also the most obvious link between Trump and Russia. He oversaw the deal in Georgia which was, explicitly, a first attempt at a former Soviet deal with the goal of a ring of Trump properties all over the CIS.

5/
Cohen flew to Kazakhstan and negotiated the failed deal there with Timur Kulibayev, a close ally of Putin's.

Cohen then worked on the Trump Moscow deal in 2015/2016.

6/
In none of these deals was he acting like a traditional lawyer--simply advising, writing contracts, etc. He was in the country, meeting with the partners, structuring the deal, going back to NY and explaining the deal to the big boss and his kids.

7/
Other than the President, nobody knows as much as Cohen. (And Cohen does seem to have a good memory).

It was stunning that Trump made Cohen his sole personal attorney post-election. Cohen left the Trump Org to form a firm with one client: the President.

8/
But Cohen had never acted as a regular attorney for Trump. He had always been the fixer/deal-maker. So, the move to his new private firm seems solely designed to provide attorney-client privilege. To get his documents out of the Trump Org and into a private office.

9/
This moment is what Trump has been terrified of and trying to avoid since long before Comey was fired and Mueller appointed.

Short of Ivanka or Don, Jr. flipping, Cohen is the key witness.

10/
He knows way, way more than Manafort or Gates.

Also key: it's been a rough year-plus for Cohen. He lost his place in Trump's inner-circle, didn't get the big ticket to the WH.

11/
He has been loudly/vocally loyal, But, in my experience, nobody in Trump-world is truly loyal. It's all transactional and a grand performance. (People have actually told me: I don't care how you make Trump look, just make me look like I am defending him.)

12/
I'd guess the probability of a Cohen-pardon is high and the likelihood of Mueller being fired has grown.

I would also guess that there are NY state charges.

Mueller, of course, knows all this and much more and referred the raid anyway.

It's on now.

13/end

Aldus Adam Davidson van de New Yorker.

Het blijft echt bizar hoe snel dit allemaal gaat. Als je naar de tijdlijnen van de vorige special counsel onderzoeken kijkt.

(Overigens was Obama de enige sinds Nixon die nooit onderzocht werd)

En nu dus al gewoon de feitelijke nummer 2 die alle geheimen weet (en vermoedelijk weet Mueller daar straks ook een gedeelte van), die waarschijnlijk een lokale aanklacht aan zijn broek heeft waar de president hem niet een pardon voor kan verlenen. Dus hij zou hoedanook de gevangenis in gaan, tenzij, tenzij..
They told me all of my cages were mental, so I got wasted like all my potential.
  Overall beste user 2022 dinsdag 10 april 2018 @ 17:36:13 #191
3928 Ulx
pi_178430011
quote:
1s.gif Op dinsdag 10 april 2018 17:11 schreef PippenScottie het volgende:

[..]

Zouden er meer NDA’s en betalingen zijn?
Zeker weten. Zodra die van Stormy nietig wordt verklaard komen die uit alle hoeken en gaten tevoorschijn.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
  dinsdag 10 april 2018 @ 17:50:37 #192
187810 Szura
Kijk eens aan!
pi_178430235
https://www.nytimes.com/2(...)ller-rosenstein.html

quote:
Rod Rosenstein Personally Approved F.B.I. Raid on Trump Lawyer, Officials Say

WASHINGTON — Rod J. Rosenstein, the veteran Republican prosecutor handpicked by President Trump to serve as deputy attorney general, personally signed off on Monday’s F.B.I. decision to raid the office of Michael D. Cohen, Mr. Trump’s personal attorney and longtime confidant, three government officials said.

The early-morning searches enraged Mr. Trump, associates said, setting off an angry public tirade Monday evening that continued in private at the White House as the president fumed about whether he should fire Mr. Rosenstein. The episode has deeply unsettled White House aides, Justice Department officials and lawmakers from both parties, who believe the president may use it as a pretext to purge the team leading the investigation into Russia meddling in the 2016 election.

Searching a lawyer’s files is among the most sensitive moves federal prosecutors can make as they pursue a criminal investigation. Mr. Rosenstein’s personal involvement in the decision signals that the evidence seen by law enforcement officials was significant enough to persuade the Justice Department’s second-in-command that such an aggressive move was necessary.

Mr. Trump’s advisers have spent the last 24 hours trying to convince the president not to make an impulsive decision that could put the president in more legal jeopardy and ignite a controversy that could consume his presidency, several people close to Mr. Trump said. The president began Tuesday morning with a pair of angry tweets, calling the raids “A TOTAL WITCH HUNT!” and venting that “attorney–client privilege is dead!”

Etc
Tot zover het gelul van de narcistische mafklapper over een heksenjacht
  dinsdag 10 april 2018 @ 17:52:35 #193
280416 Whiskers2009
Maak dat de kat wijs!!
pi_178430261
quote:
Dat lijkt me een open deur intrappen. Uiteraard is Mueller naar Rosenstein gestapt, dat is de geëigende weg.
  Overall beste user 2022 dinsdag 10 april 2018 @ 17:53:32 #194
3928 Ulx
pi_178430279
Rosenstein trollt Trump wel even bigly.
  dinsdag 10 april 2018 @ 17:53:57 #195
66825 Reya
Fier Wallon
pi_178430287
quote:
1s.gif Op dinsdag 10 april 2018 17:50 schreef Szura het volgende:
https://www.nytimes.com/2(...)ller-rosenstein.html

[..]

Tot zover het gelul van de narcistische mafklapper over een heksenjacht
Op /r/The_Donald zullen ze het wel op "deep state" gooien.
  dinsdag 10 april 2018 @ 17:54:44 #196
187810 Szura
Kijk eens aan!
pi_178430302
quote:
1s.gif Op dinsdag 10 april 2018 17:52 schreef Whiskers2009 het volgende:

[..]

Dat lijkt me een open deur intrappen. Uiteraard is Mueller naar Rosenstein gestapt, dat is de geëigende weg.
Lees het artikel eerst eens dan, dan lees je dat het inroepen van Rosenstein in dit geval niet perse noodzakelijk was.
  dinsdag 10 april 2018 @ 17:56:37 #197
15221 Falco
Afleidingsmanoeuvre
pi_178430332
Het beste wat Trump nou kan doen, is Sessions, Rosenstein en Müller ontslaan. En vervolgens afwachten op het moment dat ie a la Scarface tenonder gaat.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIl_jGh-LWE" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Afleidingsmanoeuvre</a>
  dinsdag 10 april 2018 @ 17:57:33 #198
187810 Szura
Kijk eens aan!
pi_178430348
@jonkarl
SCOOP: ABC News has learned Geoffrey Berman, the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, is recused from the Michael Cohen investigation. He had no role in raid of Cohen's office. Another recusal that will make @realDonaldTrump unhappy.

Informatie uit de replies:
  dinsdag 10 april 2018 @ 17:58:23 #199
280416 Whiskers2009
Maak dat de kat wijs!!
pi_178430361
quote:
1s.gif Op dinsdag 10 april 2018 17:54 schreef Szura het volgende:

[..]

Lees het artikel eerst eens dan, dan lees je dat het inroepen van Rosenstein in dit geval niet perse noodzakelijk was.
Dat het niet strikt noodzakelijk is, doet er niets aan af dat het de geëigende weg is en dat het logisch en verstandig was van Mueller om die te nemen. Lees anders de artikelen even die ik over deze materie gepost heb ;)
  dinsdag 10 april 2018 @ 17:59:11 #200
280416 Whiskers2009
Maak dat de kat wijs!!
pi_178430374
quote:
2s.gif Op dinsdag 10 april 2018 17:56 schreef Falco het volgende:
Het beste wat Trump nou kan doen, is Sessions, Rosenstein en Müller ontslaan. En vervolgens afwachten op het moment dat ie a la Scarface tenonder gaat.

[ afbeelding ]
Dat is dus het stomste wat hij kan doen, zoals jij ook best weet :P
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')