abonnement Unibet Coolblue
pi_94807364
Het is net leesbaar en het gaat trouwens over With The Beatles (zoals ook al in de URL staat).

Edit:

"Police constables" John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr may have disguised themselves as officers of the law to escape their fans at Birmingham on Sunday, but it wouldn't take a detective to forecast the reaction to their second LP!

"With The Beatles" advance orders already hover on the brink of 300,000, and it's a certain bet that they'll be more than doubled before the last copy is sold.

The new album is almost a complete contrast to the Beatles' first album, "Please Please Me". This was recorded in one day - and frankly, the group weren't as happy with it as they might have been. I'm not saying they disliked it. It was simply that they would have liked more time to polish up their arrangements, particularly on their self-penned numbers.

It's a tribute to their talent that this one session has already produced two numbers which have found a place in the Top Thirty - the "Twist and Shout" classic, and "I Saw Her Standing There," the lead track on the "Beatles Vol. 1" EP, which entered the NME charts this week.

The highlight of "With The Beatles"? To my mind, "All My Loving." This John Lennon-Paul McCartney original has an instantly recognisable melody line, taken at mid-tempo. Paul handles most of the vocal, with vocal accompaniment by John and George.

The opening number is a strident shouter, "It Won't Be Long," sung by John and written by the prolific Lennon-McCartney team.

Incidentally, several of the songs featured on the LP were hardly written before the Beatles entered the recording studio.

George told me: "In some cases we'd just got the general idea for a number. For instance, the middle bit might be missing! Our recording manager, George Martin, would pop out for a drink or something, and in the meantime we'd finish it off. When he came back we'd have added words and a bit more tune. And so on!"

Not all the Lennon-McCartney songs featured are new. One example is "Hold Me Tight", which they were singing at the Cavern Club in Liverpool some time ago. It's a gripping track, although the melody seems to go slightly "off" at one point. But I'm not sure whether this is the group's fault, or due to a "warp" in my advance copy!

Remember "Boys," the number with which Ringo made his debut on the "Please Please Me" album? It turned out to be so succesful that there was almost a demand for him to record another vocal. John and Paul obliged by writing one for him - "I Wanna Be Your Man," now waxed by the Rolling Stones as a single and in the chart at No. 21! Ringo handles the insistent rhythms with more polish, in fact, than in "Boys." He shows sign of becoming a first-rate beat vocalist, even though he's had little experience of it so far.

CHUCK BERRY

No mention of this terrific album could go by without including Chuck Berry's "Roll Over Beethoven." It's an out-and-out rocker which the Beatles have been performing for a long time. In fact, it's one of their most requested songs.

George makes one of his rare vocal appearances on this one, [...] with himself while the others add to the exciting atmosphere by clapping in time.

Another track is "Little Child," a number which was considered for a single release by ex-Springfields Mike Hurst. On the Beatles' version Paul McCartney plays piano, dubbed on after he and John had recorded the vocal. And after this, John dubbed on the Beatles' famous harmonica trade-mark!

Most of the material on "With The Beatles" is wild and up-tempo, with one really distinctive contrast. This is "Till There Was You," the Peggy Lee hit which Paul has been using in the group's stage act for several months. Perhaps the biggest "plug" for it came when he sang the number in last week's Royal Command show.

The remaining tracks - a completely different interpretation of "Please Mister Postman" to that of the Marvelettes; the Miracles' "You Really Got A Hold On Me," "Devil In My Heart," "Not A Second Time" (Lennon-McCartney), on which George Martin plays piano, and the wild screamer "Money."

"Money" was being featured by the Beatles back in the days when they were appearing in Hamburg, and they've been waiting to record it ever since. And as the last climatic track, it [...] the [...] with which "Twist And Shout" brought the first album to a [...] finish.

If there are any Beatle-haters left in Britain, I doubt they'll remain [...] after hearing "With The Beatles." It's a knock-out.

I'll even go this far: if it doesn't stay at the top of the NME LP Chart for at least eight weeks I'll walk up and down Liverpool's Main Street carrying an "I Hate The Beatles" sandwich-[...]!

---

[...] betekent onleesbaar. Vooral op het einde komen er hier nog wel wat van voor.

[ Bericht 48% gewijzigd door psychedelicate op 30-03-2011 19:57:31 ]
pi_94815400
quote:
1s.gif Op woensdag 30 maart 2011 14:01 schreef psychedelicate het volgende:
Het is net leesbaar en het gaat trouwens over With The Beatles (zoals ook al in de URL staat).

Edit:

"Police constables" John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr may have disguised themselves as officers of the law to escape their fans at Birmingham on Sunday, but it wouldn't take a detective to forecast the reaction to their second LP!

"With The Beatles" advance orders already hover on the brink of 300,000, and it's a certain bet that they'll be more than doubled before the last copy is sold.

The new album is almost a complete contrast to the Beatles' first album, "Please Please Me". This was recorded in one day - and frankly, the group weren;t as happy with it as they might have been. I'm not saying they disliked it. It was simply that they would have liked more time to polish up their arrangements, particularly on their self-penned numbers.

It's a tribute to their talent that this one session has already produced two numbers which have found a place in the Top Thirty - the "Twist and Shout" classic, and "I Saw Her Standing There," the lead track on the "Beatles Vol. 1" EP, which entered the NME charts this week.

The highlight of "With The Beatles"? To my mind, "All My Loving." This John Lennon-Paul McCartney original has an instantly recognisable melody line, taken at mid-tempo. Paul handles most of the vocal, with vocal accompaniment by John and George.

The opening number is a strident shouter, "It Won't Be Long," sung by John and written by the prolific Lennon-McCartney team.

Incidentally, several of the songs featured on the LP were hardly written before the Beatles entered the recording studio.

George told me: "In some cases we'd just got the general idea for a number. For instance, the middle bit might be missing! Our recording manager, George Martin, would pop out for a drink or something, and in the meantime we'd finish it off. When he came back we'd have added words and a bit more tune. And so on!"

Not all the Lennon-McCartney songs featured are new. One example is "Hold Me Tight", which they were singing at the Cavern Club in Liverpool some time ago. It's a gripping track, although the melody seems to go slightly "off" at one point. But I'm not sure whether this is the group's fault, or due to a "warp" in my advance copy!

Remember "Boys," the number with which Ringo made his debut on the "Please Please Me" album? It turned out to be so succesful that there was almost a demand for him to record another vocal. John and Paul obliged by writing one for him - "I Wanna Be Your Man," now waxed by the Rolling Stones as a single and in the chart at No. 21! Ringo handles the insistent rhythms with more polish, in fact, than in "Boys." He shows sign of becoming a first-rate beat vocalist, even though he's had little experience of it so far.

CHUCK BERRY

No mention of this terrific album could go by without including Chuck Berry's "Roll Over Beethoven." It's an out-and-out rocker which the Beatles have been performing for a long time. In fact, it's one of their most requested songs.

George makes one of his rare vocal appearances on this one, duetting with himself while the others add to the exciting atmosphere by clapping in time.

Another track is "Little Child," a number which was considered for a single release by ex-Springfields Mike Hurst. On the Beatles' version Paul McCartney plays piano, dubbed on after he and John had recorded the vocal. And after this, John dubbed on the Beatles' famous harmonica trade-mark!

Most of the material on "With The Beatles" is wild and up-tempo, with one really distinctive contrast. This is "Till There Was You," the Peggy Lee hit which Paul has been using in the group's stage act for several months. Perhaps the biggest "plug" for it came when he sang the number in last week's Royal Command show.

The remaining tracks - a completely different interpretation of "Please Mister Postman" to that of the Marvelettes; the Miracles' "You Really Got A Hold On Me," "Devil In My Heart," "Not A Second Time" (Lennon-McCartney), on which George Martin plays piano, and the wild screamer "Money."

"Money" was being featured by the Beatles back in the days when they were appearing in Hamburg, and they've been waiting to record it ever since. And as the last climatic track, it occupies the spot with which "Twist And Shout" brought the first album to a rousing (?) finish.

If there are any Beatle-haters left in Britain, I doubt they'll remain unmoved after hearing "With The Beatles." It's a knock-out.

I'll even go this far: if it doesn't stay at the top of the NME LP Chart for at least eight weeks I'll walk up and down Liverpool's Main Street carrying an "I Hate The Beatles" sandwich-board!

---

[...] betekent onleesbaar. Vooral op het einde komen er hier nog wel wat van voor.
Bleuh.
  woensdag 30 maart 2011 @ 18:58:30 #278
159761 Arn0
Abbey Road
pi_94819679
Wow, allebei enorm bedankt _O_ Vind het persoonlijk erg geinig om zo'n oude reviews te lezen. En op zich verschilt deze review nog niet eens zoveel van hedendaagse reviews..

Oh en:
"Remember "Boys," the number with which Ringo made his debut on the "Please Please Me" album? It turned out to be so succesful that there was almost a demand for him to record another vocal. "

O+
By hook or by crook, I'll be last in this book.
pi_94862221
In navolging van deze post over de mogelijkheden voor de aanstaande deluxe-editie van "McCartney I", hier wat diezelfde insider over de voorbereidingen van "McCartney II" te weten is gekomen:

quote:
Work in progress, from February 20111, for McCartney II

Bonus Disc number 2

Coming Up ( Wings Live Version )
Robbers Ball
Waterfalls ( Original Demo, made at Waterfalls , May 1979 )
Front Parlour ( Long Version )
Summer's Day Song ( Instrumental )
Blue Sway ( Instrumental )
All You Horse Riders
Darkroom ( Different take, 11mn long )
Check My Machine
Secret Friend
Wonderful Xmas Time

Bonus Disc 3

Coming Up ( long version )
Temporary Secretary ( Different take )
You Know i'll get you baby
No Values ( Waterfalls Demo )
Seems like Old Time ( Waterfalls Demo )
Mr H Atom
Check My Machine ( Long Version )
Frozen Jap ( Long Version )
Darkroom ( Longer version, from the commercial take )
Attention ( Waterfalls Demo )
Private Property ( Waterfalls )Demo )

2 Tracks are reserved to be given free for deluxe buyers

Bogey wobble
Boggey Music ( long version )

For the dvd :

Waterfalls video
Coming Up live
Coming up video
Making of Coming up ( 12 minutes )
Cannes May 1980 Home Made Trip movie ( with Attention and This is the Man ( without M Jackson ) demos from May ), with a great sequence with Ringo at a french restaurant
Wonderful Xmas Time

The mccartney interview can be used too, if mpl and concord want to keep some unreleased tracks for a box set of rarities, so disc 3 would be the interview
"Bogey Wobble" als 'exclusive' bij pre-orders, dat ik dit nog mag meemaken _O-.

Ik ga er trouwens niet van uit dat al deze outtakes en onuitgebrachte nummers daadwerkelijk op de deluxe-editie verschijnen, maar dat deze bewaard worden voor een eventuele boxset. Hetzelfde als met "Band On The Run", al kun je ook weer niet al te veel uit die release afleiden, als je kijkt naar welk outtake-materiaal er beschikbaar was. We zullen zien: 3 juni ligt het in de winkels als 2-CD digipack en dubbel-LP. Voor "McCartney" komt er een deluxe-editie met 100-pagina tellend boek, met 2 CD's en 1 DVD. "McCartney II" krijgt hetzelfde, maar dan maar liefst 3 CD's.
pi_94862623
Oh, ik vergeet iets te posten wat interessant en wederom zeer plausibel is:

quote:
The choice of the rereleases of the 2 mccartney solo albums will be linked to the opening of the HP Cloud in June, and the hope for mccartney to release a new solo album, called McCartney 3, recorded beetween England and New York, totally solo and without strings and horns, just macca on instruments. The album has a possible date of release in autumn 2011, around the opening of the new ballet in New York. In November, Ram and Venus & Mars would be the next deluxe remasters with great bonuses too.
  donderdag 31 maart 2011 @ 17:45:48 #281
159761 Arn0
Abbey Road
pi_94862724
De outtakes kunnen me niet zoveel interesseren maar McCartney 3 is geweldig nieuws _O_
pi_94893144
Macca naar Arnhem in september. Schijnt bij Giel te zijn verteld. Ik hoop het zo. :Y
pi_94899778
quote:
1s.gif Op vrijdag 1 april 2011 10:16 schreef awijmans het volgende:
Macca naar Arnhem in september. Schijnt bij Giel te zijn verteld. Ik hoop het zo. :Y
En dat wordt zeker nog vandaag bekend gemaakt ;)?
pi_94901494
quote:
10s.gif Op vrijdag 1 april 2011 13:26 schreef Aisumasen het volgende:

[..]

En dat wordt zeker nog vandaag bekend gemaakt ;)?
_O-
pi_94902694
Ik had het geplaatst en ineens wist ik dat ik er met 2 benen heel diep in ben getrapt. ^O^ Waarschijnlijk niet eens bij Giel geweest, maar wel goed bedacht door een vriend van mij. _O-

Ik ben er ook zo slecht in.

Mijn vrouw zei tegen mijn zoon: "heb je vannacht nog gemerkt dat de auto voor de deur ontploft is?" Met grote ogen springt hij op, doet het gordijn opzij en kijkt naar buiten. "1 april!" Een uurtje later sms-t die vriend bovenstaand bericht. Zo slecht ben ik er dus in. Wel veel gelachen dus en daar gaat het allemaal om. :D Ik was wel zelf weer zo slecht dat ik niet hier meteen ging vertellen dat het een grap was. Misschien zou er nog iemand in trappen. Dat is dus duidelijk niet zo, ik ben weer de enige sul die hier rondloopt ;)

Veel plezier vandaag iedereen.
pi_94946604
quote:
1s.gif Op vrijdag 1 april 2011 14:40 schreef awijmans het volgende:
Ik had het geplaatst en ineens wist ik dat ik er met 2 benen heel diep in ben getrapt. ^O^ Waarschijnlijk niet eens bij Giel geweest, maar wel goed bedacht door een vriend van mij. _O-

Ik ben er ook zo slecht in.

Mijn vrouw zei tegen mijn zoon: "heb je vannacht nog gemerkt dat de auto voor de deur ontploft is?" Met grote ogen springt hij op, doet het gordijn opzij en kijkt naar buiten. "1 april!" Een uurtje later sms-t die vriend bovenstaand bericht. Zo slecht ben ik er dus in. Wel veel gelachen dus en daar gaat het allemaal om. :D Ik was wel zelf weer zo slecht dat ik niet hier meteen ging vertellen dat het een grap was. Misschien zou er nog iemand in trappen. Dat is dus duidelijk niet zo, ik ben weer de enige sul die hier rondloopt ;)

Veel plezier vandaag iedereen.
Ik had al zo'n idee, anders had ik de grap ook niet verklapt :P.
pi_94946671
Heb hier al meerdere keren gepost dat het een must-see is voor elke McCartney-liefhebber, maar zie nu dat het na tweeënhalf jaar eindelijk op YouTube geupload is. McCartney aan het werk in zijn thuisstudio tijdens de opnames van "Electric Arguments".

pi_95004491
quote:
1s.gif Op dinsdag 22 maart 2011 14:07 schreef awijmans het volgende:

[..]

Paul vond het wel leuk in Z-Amerika volgens mij. Ik hoor steeds meer geluiden dat Paul daar in 2011 weer zal gaan optreden: Brazilie, Argentinie, Peru, Chili, Mexico 8-)
Zoals altijd daar zijn de concerten alweer allang aangekondigd in de landen zelf, terwijl McCartney's PR-team zich in zwijgen hult. Peru op 9 mei, Chili op 11 mei, en terug naar Brazilië voor Rio de Janeiro op 23 en 24 mei, is wat lokale media naar buiten heeft gebracht. Een persconferentie zou aanstaande dinsdag plaatsvinden. We zullen zien.
pi_95118464
quote:
1s.gif Op zondag 3 april 2011 23:09 schreef Aisumasen het volgende:

[..]

Zoals altijd daar zijn de concerten alweer allang aangekondigd in de landen zelf, terwijl McCartney's PR-team zich in zwijgen hult. Peru op 9 mei, Chili op 11 mei, en terug naar Brazilië voor Rio de Janeiro op 23 en 24 mei, is wat lokale media naar buiten heeft gebracht. Een persconferentie zou aanstaande dinsdag plaatsvinden. We zullen zien.

Nog meer officieel krijg je het niet ;).
pi_95176569
quote:
Paul's Up and Coming Tour Gets Back to Brazil with new run of South American shows

9th May – Lima, Peru
11th May – Santiago, Chile
22nd May – Rio, Brazil

Paul’s headline making visit to South America last year resulted in Macca-mania as makeshift 'McCartney villages' were built by fans in Brazil and Argentina, camping outside stadiums waiting days for the doors to open to get themselves the best possible position at the front of the crowd. Paul’s Up and Coming Tour played to over a quarter of a million people in just five shows last November, creating an even larger appetite for the McCartney live experience. Earlier in the year Paul smashed box office records in Mexico for the fastest ever selling live show in Mexico City.

Now, following weeks of feverish speculation, Paul today announces that his record breaking Up and Coming Tour will be returning to South America in May for three massive shows in Peru, Chile and Brazil. It’s expected that these shows will contain some special unique moments.

9th May will see Paul’s first ever show in Lima, Peru at the Estadio Monumental. The tour then travels to Santiago, Chile, returning there for the first time since 1993 with a show on 11th May at Estadio Nacional. The run of shows will finish in Rio de Janeiro at the Estadio Olimpico Joao Havelange on the 22nd of May with Paul being the first ever artist to perform at this venue. The last time Paul played in Rio, 21 years ago, a World Record was set for the ‘Largest Stadium Attendance’ in history.
pi_95251815
quote:
1s.gif Op zaterdag 2 april 2011 17:57 schreef Aisumasen het volgende:
Heb hier al meerdere keren gepost dat het een must-see is voor elke McCartney-liefhebber, maar zie nu dat het na tweeënhalf jaar eindelijk op YouTube geupload is. McCartney aan het werk in zijn thuisstudio tijdens de opnames van "Electric Arguments".

The master at work :)

Ik houd wel van dit soort filmpjes. Waar komt dit vandaan?
  zaterdag 9 april 2011 @ 10:28:50 #292
67174 Dos37
Come on Twente
pi_95252062
Van Youtube
Premier League toto winnaar 2007-2008 en [b]2008-2009[/b]
Held Blaise NKUFO [b]All time topscoorder in Enschede[/b]
[b]WE WON IT ELEVEN TIMES![/b]
pi_95260370
quote:
1s.gif Op zaterdag 9 april 2011 10:18 schreef awijmans het volgende:

[..]

The master at work :)

Ik houd wel van dit soort filmpjes. Waar komt dit vandaan?
De DVD bij de deluxe-editie van "Electric Arguments". Het leuke aan deze beelden is dat McCartney íetsje minder zelfbewust overkomt in de nabijheid van camera's.
pi_95415280
quote:
1s.gif Op vrijdag 18 maart 2011 18:56 schreef Aisumasen het volgende:

[..]

Ben juist blij dat hij niet op die toer gaat. Afschuwelijk hoe Ray Davies de laatste tijd zijn eigen klassiekers verkracht. En geforceerde samenwerkingen met gehypte acts doet McCartney gelukkig ook niet aan. [..]
http://www.thesun.co.uk/s(...)p-with-The-Cure.html :|W
  dinsdag 12 april 2011 @ 21:39:56 #296
159761 Arn0
Abbey Road
pi_95416011
Tja.. The Sun. Is dat diezelfde krant die vorige week nog zei dat er gegarandeerd een reünie tour kwam van The Stone Roses? :P
pi_95416780
quote:
1s.gif Op dinsdag 12 april 2011 21:39 schreef Arn0 het volgende:
Tja.. The Sun. Is dat diezelfde krant die vorige week nog zei dat er gegarandeerd een reünie tour kwam van The Stone Roses? :P
Afgelopen zomer op de Facebook-pagina van Kiss:

quote:
After being invited, we chose and sang Venus and Mars/Rockshow for the McCartney tribute album. Other performers include Billy Joel, Garth Brooks, BB King and Paul Rodgers. The backing tracks were all recorded by Paul McCartneys touring band. We consider it an honor to be asked to participate on a tribute to one of the most influential and greatest singer/songwriters of all time. Not to mention, a major force in the most important band of all time, The Beatles. Wow!
  dinsdag 12 april 2011 @ 21:51:24 #298
159761 Arn0
Abbey Road
pi_95416910
He, bah. Slecht nieuws :r Sowieso tenenkrommend dat McCartney zijn zoon (die muzikaal toch niet zo fantastisch is, om het vriendelijk uit te drukken) laat meespelen met _O_ The Cure _O_
pi_95417642
Húh :P.

Hoe dan ook, het raarste is nog dat 'The Cure' en 'Kiss' volgens dit bericht dus de tour-band van McCartney is met (aannemelijk) de frontmannen van elke band.

Zou trouwens wel eens een heel solo-album van McCartney met zijn huidige band willen horen. Die tracks op "Driving Rain" rocken stevig.
pi_95448672
quote:
1s.gif Op woensdag 19 januari 2011 00:20 schreef Aisumasen het volgende:

[..]

Enige gerucht wat nu gaat is dat McCartney een tour in de planning heeft staan voor....Noord-Amerika :'). Hij speelt sowieso in juni een privé-concert in Las Vegas, dus het kan niet uitblijven dat daar iets omheen gebouwd gaat worden.
Officieel: 10 juni, MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas. Dit staat los van het besloten optreden op een HP-congres in Las Vegas die maand. Zoals vorig jaar voorspeld dus Zuid-Amerika in mei en Noord-Amerika in juni.
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')