abonnement Unibet Coolblue
pi_177475920
Scientists have discovered the key psychological differences that can make you liberal or conservative

quote:
Politically, Americans are more divided than ever.

When it comes to issues of race, immigration, national security, and environmental protection, they disagree about how the government should handle things like never before.

Relative to polls in the 1990s, Republicans are now much more likely to say poor people have it easy, while Democrats are less likely to say so. Conservatives are also more likely to say that environmental regulations are costing the US too many jobs. Liberals now seem less convinced that peace can be achieved through military strength than they were decades ago.

The Pew Research Center reports that the country's political divisions now far exceed "divisions along basic demographic lines, such as age, education, gender and race." The share of Americans who sit in the middle of the political spectrum is lower, too.

Russian bots are taking advantage of these widening differences on Facebook and Twitter in an attempt to drive Americans' opinions further apart.

But what in the brains of conservative and liberal voters actually drive their belief systems? Scientists have been researching the psychological differences between people with different stances, and there are a few key ways that people on opposite ends of the political spectrum see the world. Here's what the data shows:

[..]
“The fundamental cause of the trouble in the modern world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.”— Bertrand Russell
pi_177475958
quote:
1s.gif Op maandag 26 februari 2018 17:23 schreef Szura het volgende:
@ZekeJMiller
Trump rips Fla. Deputies for not going into school. "I really believe I'd run in there even if I didn't have a weapon."

https://twitter.com/zekejmiller/status/968155353912369152
Ik hoop dat iemand op het idee komt om wat voetzoekers af te steken, om te zien in welke richting Trump rent...
Ich glaube, dass es manchmal nicht genügend Steine gibt und
Ich bin mir sicher, dass auch schöne Augen weinen
  Overall beste user 2022 dinsdag 27 februari 2018 @ 06:00:25 #128
3928 Ulx
you aint no punk you punk
pi_177475961
Rennen? Met bonespurs?

Hij scheurt weg in zijn golfkarretje.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
  FOK!-Schrikkelbaas dinsdag 27 februari 2018 @ 08:53:23 #129
862 Arcee
Look closer
pi_177476856
CaseyCagle twitterde op maandag 26-02-2018 om 20:02:28 I will kill any tax legislation that benefits @Delta unless the company changes its position and fully reinstates its relationship with @NRA. Corporations cannot attack conservatives and expect us not to fight back. reageer retweet
Dat is nog 'es kleur bekennen. Gewoon toegeven dat de NRA gelijk staat aan conservatives. Daarnaast moet de invloed van de regering natuurlijk altijd minimaal zijn voor de Reps, tenzij je die in je eigen voordeel kunt gebruiken zoals hier. Alsof een bedrijf niet zelf bepaalt met wie het zaken doet.
pi_177477190
kindNotWeak2017 twitterde op dinsdag 27-02-2018 om 02:20:36 Trump today: "I'd take on the shooter even if I didn't have a gun!" . Trump tonight: "you're crazy if you think I'll take on Wayne Lapierre and Dana Loesch!" reageer retweet
pi_177477249
Wel prettig dat Trump nu een hoop bullshit spuit waar zelfs zijn aanhang van zal denken, yeah right!
Question authorities, fuck religion, educate yourself, Viva el individualismo!
There's only one way of life, and that's your own!
  Overall beste user 2022 dinsdag 27 februari 2018 @ 09:24:06 #132
3928 Ulx
pi_177477384
Was deze al langs gekomen ?

Skepticism reigns about putting Trump's pilot in charge of FAA

Blijkbaar heeft zijn pilotenvriendje ook nog een mooie beloning nodig van de overheid. Benieuwd wie hij tot Chief-of-Staff van het leger gaat maken.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
pi_177477414
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 27 februari 2018 09:13 schreef truthortruth het volgende:
Wel prettig dat Trump nu een hoop bullshit spuit waar zelfs zijn aanhang van zal denken, yeah right!
De enthousiasm gap wordt steeds groter, hoewel hij netto weinig terrein verliest onder zijn supporters zijn er steeds minder mensen die zeggen dat ze "strongly" zijn beleid goedkeuren. Dat is stap 1.
pi_177477438
Voor degenen die dol zijn op alle kanten opvliegende wartaal, hier Trumps gehele speech van gisteren (WaPo):
quote:
Today, I want to hear your ideas on a number of critical issues. But most importantly, we want to discuss the public safety in schools and public safety generally. But school safety — we can't have this go on.

I'm grateful that Governor Rick Scott is here, and we thank him for his leadership in the aftermath of the terrible tragedy in Parkland, Florida. Horrible. Our nation is heartbroken. We continue to mourn the loss of so many precious, innocent young lives. These are incredible people. I visited a lot of them.

But we'll turn our grief into action. We have to have action. We don't have any action. It happens, a week goes by, ‘Let's keep talking.’ Another week goes by. We keep talking. Two months go by, all of a sudden everybody is off to the next subject. And when it happens again, everybody is angry, and ‘Let's start talking again.’ We've got to stop.
SPOILER
Om spoilers te kunnen lezen moet je zijn ingelogd. Je moet je daarvoor eerst gratis Registreren. Ook kun je spoilers niet lezen als je een ban hebt.
  Overall beste user 2022 dinsdag 27 februari 2018 @ 09:35:38 #135
3928 Ulx
pi_177477504
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 27 februari 2018 08:53 schreef Arcee het volgende:
CaseyCagle twitterde op maandag 26-02-2018 om 20:02:28 I will kill any tax legislation that benefits @Delta unless the company changes its position and fully reinstates its relationship with @NRA. Corporations cannot attack conservatives and expect us not to fight back. reageer retweet
Dat is nog 'es kleur bekennen. Gewoon toegeven dat de NRA gelijk staat aan conservatives. Daarnaast moet de invloed van de regering natuurlijk altijd minimaal zijn voor de Reps, tenzij je die in je eigen voordeel kunt gebruiken zoals hier. Alsof een bedrijf niet zelf bepaalt met wie het zaken doet.
Er werken 80.000 man bij Delta. Wat een sukkel.
pi_177477530
iets uitgebreider: Georgia’s Lieutenant Governor Tells Delta To Give NRA Back Its Discounts, Or Else (HuffPo)

Stel je voor, een bedrijf dat zelf beslist met welke bedrijven ze zaken willen doen! :o
quote:
Georgia’s lieutenant governor said on Monday he would work to derail a multimillion-dollar tax cut that would benefit Delta Air Lines unless the company reinstated its relationship with the National Rifle Association.

Lt. Gov. Casey Cagle, who also serves as president of the Georgia state Senate, intimated in a tweet he would “kill any tax legislation” as punishment to Delta, which last week said it would end its discount program for members of the NRA. Delta, headquartered in Atlanta, is one of more than a dozen companies that have distanced themselves from the gun lobby following the massacre of 17 people at a Florida high school on Feb. 14.

“Corporations cannot attack conservatives and expect us not to fight back,” Cagle, a leading Republican candidate to replace Gov. Nathan Deal, wrote on Monday.
SPOILER
Om spoilers te kunnen lezen moet je zijn ingelogd. Je moet je daarvoor eerst gratis Registreren. Ook kun je spoilers niet lezen als je een ban hebt.
pi_177477708
Washington Governor Confronts Trump: ‘Less Tweeting ... More Listening’ (HuffPo)
quote:
Washington state Gov. Jay Inslee (D) on Monday urged President Donald Trump to lay off Twitter and instead listen to Americans and back away from one of his suggestions for dealing with mass shootings. Inslee directly challenged Trump as he and other governors met at the White House with the president and several senior administration aides.

“I’ve listened to the biology teachers and they don’t want to [be armed] at any percentage,” the former U.S. House member said. “I’ve listened to the first-grade teachers who don’t want to be pistol-packing first-grade teachers. I’ve listened to law enforcement, who have said they don’t want to train teachers [on firearm use]. ... Educators should educate, and they should not be foisted upon this responsibility of packing heat in first-grade classes.”

Inslee ended his remarks by saying, “So I just suggest we need a little less tweeting here, and a little more listening, and I just suggest we take [Trump’s proposal] off the table and move forward.”
SPOILER
  Overall beste user 2022 dinsdag 27 februari 2018 @ 09:51:03 #138
3928 Ulx
pi_177477733
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 27 februari 2018 09:37 schreef brokjespoes het volgende:
iets uitgebreider: Georgia’s Lieutenant Governor Tells Delta To Give NRA Back Its Discounts, Or Else (HuffPo)

Stel je voor, een bedrijf dat zelf beslist met welke bedrijven ze zaken willen doen! :o

[..]

SPOILER
Goeie foto!

pi_177477760
Ik weet niet wat die man gesnoven heeft, maar *ik* hoef het in ieder geval niet. :P

Oja, en er stapt weer iemand op die we volgens mij niet zo heel erg goed kunnen missen...

State Department’s Top Diplomat On North Korea Is Retiring (HuffPo)
quote:
Joseph Yun, the State Department’s top diplomat on North Korea policy, will retire at the end of the week, the agency said Monday.

Yun, a former ambassador to Malaysia, currently serves as the special representative for North Korea policy and has served with the foreign service since 1985. He has been instrumental in crafting U.S. policy on the Korean peninsula since his appointment by President Barack Obama in 2016 and helped secure the release of gravely ill American student Otto Warmbier last year.

“It was completely my decision to retire at this time,” Yun told CNN about his departure.
SPOILER
  Overall beste user 2022 dinsdag 27 februari 2018 @ 10:04:39 #140
3928 Ulx
pi_177477932
Fed-Ex kiest wel voor de NRA.

https://www.huffingtonpos(...)86a8e4b01f65f5995fc8

Ik ben benieuwd naar de backlash.

quote:
David Hogg, a Parkland survivor advocating for gun reform after the shooting, has specifically been calling on FedEx and other companies to cut ties with the NRA.

“No matter who you are or what organization are I’d be a huge help if you changed your shipping service over to @USPS or @DHLUS or @UPS in support of us. In fact tweet out at companies that use only use @FedEx and demand action! Let’s get this done!” Hogg tweeted Monday before FedEx issued its statement.
  Overall beste user 2022 dinsdag 27 februari 2018 @ 10:22:12 #141
3928 Ulx
pi_177478169
  Redactie Games dinsdag 27 februari 2018 @ 10:46:41 #142
436761 crew  Puddington
Ja, die nerd!
pi_177478535
quote:
Waarom is die gast nog relevant? Hij heeft verloren.
Don't weep for the stupid, you'll be crying all day
pi_177478537
quote:
Nou die is ook het spoor bijster. Wat een figuur :{
Nu is het tijd om de democratie te verdedigen.
  Overall beste user 2022 dinsdag 27 februari 2018 @ 10:51:28 #144
3928 Ulx
pi_177478590
quote:
1s.gif Op dinsdag 27 februari 2018 10:46 schreef Puddington het volgende:

[..]

Waarom is die gast nog relevant? Hij heeft verloren.
Dat is nog niet duidelijk toch? Het hertellen loopt.
  Redactie Games dinsdag 27 februari 2018 @ 10:55:19 #145
436761 crew  Puddington
Ja, die nerd!
pi_177478632
https://mobile.twitter.com/Acosta/status/968289131234234368

Want dat stuk stront zal maar eens een ruggengraat krijgen.
  Redactie Games dinsdag 27 februari 2018 @ 10:56:04 #146
436761 crew  Puddington
Ja, die nerd!
pi_177478651
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 27 februari 2018 10:51 schreef Ulx het volgende:

[..]

Dat is nog niet duidelijk toch? Het hertellen loopt.
Had Jones niet met zo'n verschil gewonnen dat dat niet nodig was?
  Overall beste user 2022 dinsdag 27 februari 2018 @ 11:00:28 #147
3928 Ulx
pi_177478707
quote:
1s.gif Op dinsdag 27 februari 2018 10:56 schreef Puddington het volgende:

[..]

Had Jones niet met zo'n verschil gewonnen dat dat niet nodig was?
Niet volgens Moore.
pi_177478753
quote:
Heb die Courtland Sykes al vaker langs zien komen. Hij is echt hilarisch. Soort slechte parodie op wat de Republikeinen zijn geworden, maar dan echt :')

En hij ziet er uit als een uitgerangeerde quizhost op de regionale TV :')
  Overall beste user 2022 dinsdag 27 februari 2018 @ 11:09:26 #149
3928 Ulx
pi_177478819
Nou je het zegt.

thistallawkgirl twitterde op donderdag 25-01-2018 om 20:48:09 Courtland Sykes is what happens when you let Jesus take the wheel and he crashes into a tanker truck full of Axe body spray. reageer retweet
pi_177478945
Laten we hopen dat hij de primary won't want dan is het voor McKaskill easy peasy.
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')