abonnement Unibet Coolblue
  Trouwste user 2022 zondag 8 november 2015 @ 15:55:52 #201
7889 tong80
Spleenheup
pi_157403522
Ik noem een Tony van Heemschut,een Loeki Knol,een Brammetje Biesterveld en natuurlijk een Japie Stobbe !
  dinsdag 10 november 2015 @ 13:45:08 #202
134533 donroyco
dus niet Donroyco
pi_157447485
quote:
Influential songwriter, producer Allen Toussaint has died

Allen Toussaint, the legendary songwriter, producer, arranger and performer hailed by the Grammys, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and musicians and fans worldwide as one of the most influential figures in New Orleans music, died Monday while on tour in Europe, his family confirmed. He was 77.

Toussaint was on tour in Spain and died after performing Monday. Having performed frequently in his hometown over the past several weeks, Toussaint left last Thursday on a tour that was to include stops in Madrid, Belgium and London, according to his Facebook page.

Just last week, it was announced that Toussaint and longtime friend Paul Simon would perform at a Dec. 8 benefit for New Orleans Artists Against Hunger and Homelessness, a charity he helped create.

Though always soft-spoken, humble and most often preferring to stay behind the scenes, the list of those who benefited from Toussaint's touch as a producer and arranger is staggering. It ranges from the 1950s to the present day: from Irma Thomas, Aaron Neville, Art Neville, Dr. John, the Meters, Paul McCartney, Joe Cocker and Glen Campbell to the late Ernie K-Doe, Chris Kenner, Lee Dorsey, Jessie Hill, Benny Spellman and Al Hirt, to name but a few.

"His greatest contribution was in not allowing the city's old-school R&B traditions to die out but by keeping pace with developments in the rapidly evolving worlds of soul and funk. In addition, he brought the New Orleans sound to the national stage, and it remains a vital and ongoing part of our musical heritage to this day," proclaimed the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, which inducted Toussaint as a member in 1998.

Many of Toussaint's songs became familiar not just for their original versions,s but by cover versions as well, including "Ruler of My Heart," "Working in the Coal Mine," "Ride Your Pony," "Fortune Teller," "Southern Nights," "Get Out of My Life, Woman," "Sneaking Sally Through the Alley" and "Mother-in-Law." The diverse list of artists who covered Toussaint songs, all the while holding him in high regard, runs the gamut from The Rolling Stones, The Who, Jerry Garcia, Robert Palmer and Warren Zevon to The Doors, Ringo Starr, The Pointer Sisters and Little Feat.

Touring and performing onstage himself was a relatively new facet of Toussaint's career, mostly a result of his newfound success after Hurricane Katrina, which devastated his New Orleans home and studio. His stepping into the spotlight represented a change for the music legend.

"I prefer writing for artists than writing for myself. I get more inspiration from artists, from other people, than I do myself," he said in a 1998 WWL-TV interview with Hoda Kotb, the year he was honored by the Hall of Fame.

But after relocating to New York following Katrina, while the piano genius collaborated with other musicians (notably Elvis Costello and Eric Clapton), he released CDs of his original work, performed a solo act frequently and even wrote a ballet. He was nominated for a Grammy award and in 2013, was honored with the National Medal of Arts, the highest honor given to an American artist.

"After his hometown was battered by Katrina and Allen was forced to evacuate, he did something even more important for his city -- he went back," said President Obama at the award ceremony. "And since then, Allen has devoted his musical talent to lifting up and building up a city. And today, he's taking the stage all over the world, with all kinds of incredible talent, doing everything he can to revive the legendary soul of the Big Easy."

[...]
Op maandag 29 september 2008 11:45 schreef HostiMeister het volgende:
Dat is zeg maar de Nederlandse taal op een vuige keukentafel voorover buigen en hem dan zonder glijmiddel anaal verkrachten. :'(
  woensdag 11 november 2015 @ 17:14:16 #203
6990 golfer
Ouwe jongere
pi_157472540
Nog maar eentje van grootheid Toussaint:
There is no greater joy than be taken for an imbecile by an idiot. (Oscar Wilde)
Poef.....gone! ©golfer
pi_157478611

quote:
Drummer Andy White, die Ringo Starr verving voor de opnames van het nummer Love Me Do, is op 85-jarige leeftijd overleden.
Dat meldt de BBC woensdag. White is aan de gevolgen van een beroerte gestorven.

In september 1962 werd White uitgekozen als vervanger van Ringo Starr. Daarnaast is de overleden drummer te horen op de b-kantjes van de single, waaronder P.S. I Love You.

Ook wordt er door verschillende fans beweerd dat hij ook bij de opnames van het nummer Please Please Me betrokken was. Hierdoor wordt hij gezien als de zogenoemde 'vijfde Beatle'.
Bron: http://www.nu.nl/muziek/4(...)me-do-overleden.html
pi_157484603
Love Me Do _O_
standaarddrinker
  donderdag 12 november 2015 @ 07:52:59 #206
43584 Beregd
absolutely inch perfect
pi_157485351
Sessiemuzikant op een drietal nrs en je wordt de vijfde beatle :D

De hoeveelste vijfde beatlé was hij eigenlijk?

[ Bericht 0% gewijzigd door Beregd op 12-11-2015 08:01:59 ]
  donderdag 12 november 2015 @ 07:54:38 #207
28030 Grobbel
In Toffee We Crust!
pi_157485364
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 12 november 2015 07:52 schreef Beregd het volgende:
Sessiemuzikant op een drietal nrs en je wordt de vijfde beatle :D

De hoeveelste vijfde Nestlé was hij eigenlijk?
Hij mag een nummertje voor de rij trekken inderdaad: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth_Beatle
pi_157485365
Volgens mij maakte Billy Preston meer aanspraak op die titel.
"Bijna niemand durft de islam te bekritiseren en te bespotten zoals dat met het christendom werd en wordt gedaan, terwijl daar gezien het totalitaire en onderdrukkende karakter van de islam toch alle reden toe is." ~ H.Heeresma
  donderdag 12 november 2015 @ 08:05:45 #209
43584 Beregd
absolutely inch perfect
pi_157485471
The 4th 5th beatle. :D

Ik leest net dat hij ook meespeelt op "It's not unusual". Toch een betere popsong dan die genoemde beatlessongs.
pi_157485492
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 12 november 2015 07:54 schreef Ferdo het volgende:
Volgens mij maakte Billy Preston meer aanspraak op die titel.
Stu Sutcliffe staat voor mij bovenaan, zeker omdat de single met Preston bewust als "The Beatles with Billy Preston" werd gecrediteerd. Was Buddy Holly een Cricket? Sir Cliff een Shadow?
A gentleman is a man who can play Jump on an Oberheim and chooses not to.
  FOK!-Schrikkelbaas donderdag 12 november 2015 @ 17:05:35 #211
2057 Tokus
www.metalfan.nl
pi_157494667
Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change
  † In Memoriam † donderdag 12 november 2015 @ 18:10:51 #212
4036 crew  Cynix ®
Verzuurde hork
pi_157495838
Vertel het me en ik zal het vergeten. Laat het me zien en ik zal het onthouden. Laat het me ervaren en ik zal het me eigen maken.
De toekomst hangt af van wat je nu aan het doen bent.
  donderdag 12 november 2015 @ 21:08:59 #213
1124 Mark
Awesome dad from hell
pi_157500097
RIP Philty ;(
We used to hate people - Now we just make fun of them - It's more effective that way
Elk jaar Towel Day!(2)](3)
Dommage arachide-fromage
pi_157501747
Motörhead was niet hetzelfde geweest zonder hem en Fast Eddie ;(
A gentleman is a man who can play Jump on an Oberheim and chooses not to.
  vrijdag 13 november 2015 @ 09:28:29 #216
81329 MadMaster
Schots en scheef...
pi_157508846
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
  vrijdag 13 november 2015 @ 11:33:21 #218
226981 Gehenna
Volksmenner
pi_157515115
Phil "the Hammer " Taylor R.I.P.
pi_157540885
Remko Scha, Nederlandse gitaar experimentalist.

http://www.thewire.co.uk/news/39422/remko-scha-dies-at-70
Semi0n is dead, long live Stress Techniques. New project: LLB - JG
http://http://llbinc.bandcamp.com/
  dinsdag 17 november 2015 @ 22:12:06 #221
134533 donroyco
dus niet Donroyco
pi_157635857
quote:
'Eve of Destruction' songwriter P.F. Sloan dies

P.F. Sloan, a songwriter known for penning tracks like Johnny Rivers’ “Secret Agent Man” and Barry McGuire’s “Eve of Destruction,” died Sunday evening after receiving a pancreatic cancer diagnosis just weeks ago. He was 70.

Sloan signed his first record deal when he was 13 and went on to write songs for artists including the Turtles and Grass Roots. He also recorded eight albums of his own, the most recent being 2014’s My Beethoven, and published a memoir, What’s Exactly The Matter With Me?, which also came out last year and chronicled his life and music credits.

“Phil was a key element on the music that became the sound of the Sunset Strip,” Howlin’ Wuelf Media said in the statement announcing Sloan’s death. “Phil was a true prodigy … The world has lost one of its great talents.”

Op maandag 29 september 2008 11:45 schreef HostiMeister het volgende:
Dat is zeg maar de Nederlandse taal op een vuige keukentafel voorover buigen en hem dan zonder glijmiddel anaal verkrachten. :'(
pi_157640828
Schreef toch het ultieme babyboomer nummer. RIP.
standaarddrinker
pi_157641475
quote:
0s.gif Op zaterdag 14 november 2015 11:24 schreef bartrid het volgende:

Helemaal gemist. Ik had hem een paar keer gepost in het wtf topic :{
nee, jij dan!
  Moderator woensdag 18 november 2015 @ 08:59:23 #224
27682 crew  Bosbeetle
terminaal verdwaald
pi_157641776
quote:
0s.gif Op zaterdag 14 november 2015 11:24 schreef bartrid het volgende:

Was die al weer 70 :o wel briliant werk gemaakt.
En mochten we vallen dan is het omhoog. - Krang (uit: Pantani)
My favourite music is the music I haven't yet heard - John Cage
Water: ijskoud de hardste - Gehenna
pi_157688763
Oh nee de held met rode haren.

http://www.nu.nl/muziek/4(...)nd-69-overleden.html

Armand.
Well, what possible harm could one insane, mutant tentacle do?
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')