abonnement Unibet Coolblue
pi_140830214
quote:
0s.gif Op zondag 8 juni 2014 13:37 schreef SuperHarregarre het volgende:

[..]

Challenge accepted. :P Ik check alleen de reviews die onderaan de main page staan.

The Forest:

[..]

op dezelfde pagina:

quote:
-First Day Reviews-

Journal Entry 1

After crash landing I have gathered all resources at the plane, walked a short distance from the crash and found a nice hill to build fire and setup camp.

Journal Entry 2

I went down to the beach and started fishing, found lots of beer bottles in the sand, I even found a tent pitched on the beach... where is everyone??

Journal Entry 3

While setting up camp I saw a group of 3 tribesmen doing a beach patrol in the area where I was fishing, I didn't engage only observed them. Its getting dark now and I know now that im not alone. I'm not sure of these tribesmen's intentions but Its starting to rain and I need to build a shelter. I'm going to the woods to collect some logs.

Journal Entry 4

While heading back with a fresh cut log I noticed multiple lit torches heading towards my camp, about 12 of them from what I counted, Indeed it appears there are many more tribesmen than I originally thought. They appear to be scanning my camp looking for survivors.

Journal Entry 5

After observing the tribesmen for 10 or so mins I approached one of the females of the pack, she stared at me in shock for about 30 seconds then screamed and ran away. She did not attack... perhaps they are a friendly people after all!

Journal Entry 6

I should have just left them alone, apparently the female ran back to get the rest of the tribe.... I was attacked and chased, I was able to kill three of them before accidentally backing up off a cliff and falling to (what I thought was my death).

Journal Entry 7

I have awoken in a cave of hanging bodies, I am badly injured from my cliff fall and only have my terribly lit Bic lighter to guide my way through the cave.... this may be my last journal entry as I am starving and going to die soon.... Thank you... Endnight games.

10/10
quote:
WOW!!!

Got out of the plane and ran away as quickly as I could(first time I played they attacked the plane like 3 minutes in the game) So I figured they were attracted by the crash.

Found a quiet place, I built a shelter and made a fire. Cooked a rabbit, but it started raining so I couldn't keep the fire up, so I found some berries and luckely, they were not poisenous.

Went to sleep woke up early morning and there was 3 naked guys stalking me outside, they attacked me and I ended up slaying all of them. I built one statue with their heads and legs.

Later in the morning, 3 other naked guys came near my shelter, I burned the statue and they ran away. They came back 5 minutes later with 3 more. I couldn't handle their attacks, so they kidnapped me. I woke up in a dark cave with only a lighter to show me the way. I heared a distant shouting that scared the living crap out of me and I saw about 30 passengers hanged upside down above me.

I tried to find my way out of the cave, I almost couldn't see anything and I could hear them, I know they were watching me. Then after a lot of stress and sweating, I found the exit. I was so glad to finally see the sun, then some extremelly weird texture rendering just started spawning trees, flowers and life in front of me.

Then went on a run trying to find my shelter but I was very low health. Got cold. I got jumped on by a naked girl who were on top of a tree. She took me by surprise, I shouted in real life, I saw my cat running out of the room scared of me.

Finally, I take a close look at the naked girl just before she gives me the final blow, the last comment I have before to die: '' Hey!!! I can see her tities''.

I survived 2 days.

This game has a lot of bugs, they still have a ton of work to do on this game. But if you are not the kind of person that expect a finished game when you play an early release, you know this game is going to be great. Keep supporting it, make your friends play it and this could be without a doubt the best survival game ever.
quote:
31/05/2014 - 10 hours played, survived 23 days before dying. Loving it, bought a copy for a mate so he could enjoy it as well.

***THIS IS A PRE-ALPHA. The public early-access stage/state comes mid-June according to the countdown on the menu. I'm assuming a lot of things will be changing, so this review should be taken with a grain of salt!***

Main Menu & Options
http://imgur.com/a/Dqypy

The Forest is a unique survival game that pits the player against a bunch of mutants in a forest. Chopping down trees, foraging food and staying warm are just some of the survival aspects that can be found within this game.

[4.5/5] Gameplay - For an early access game, you're spoiled for choice when it comes to building. It's interesting to note that every plane crash/new game puts you in a different location, at a different time of hour. I found pleasure in cutting down the trees in the game, as well as carving off the flesh of animals and wearing it as armour. The backpack system is pretty neat, especially how it's laid out. What's interesting is how you can get infected from having blood on your body, and needing to wash it off. I thought that was a pretty neat feature. Stealth actually works if you aren't already seen, and I've snuck up on my fair share of mutants and initiating....

[3.5/5] Combat - NO, there are no conventional guns (only a flare gun) and never will be (although bows are something that might be implemented I hope). I can see how that would ruin gameplay. Now that's out of the way, I feel as though this could be improved or at least more forgiving. It takes a considerable amount of hits to kill each one, so it's best to tackle one at a time or run if there's a group. The mutants are pretty aggressive when in close proximity, and god forbit you attack one and more will come. Whether or not this is a feature or a bug is beyond me, but in it's current state I can say it's not as fleshed out as I would have thought. In addition, blocking is not implemented, or if it is I don't know what the controls are because...

[3.5/5] Controls - Are not shown anywhere! Yeah this game doesn't hold your hand (which is great, but at the very least provide a control scheme or something!) I checked the options menu as well as the in-game survival guide for instructions but to no avail. Hopefully they do patch this into the game, and I will update the review accordingly. From what I've deduced from button mashing and relying on other games for a template, the controls are pretty accessible. In the future I wouldn't mind rebinding them however. On the forums, I hear of mouse input going awry or latency issues, but I haven't experienced any as of yet so I cannot comment on that. What I can comment on though is the...

[4.5/5] AI - Which I might say is very polished. I didn't expect much from the alpha, but everything the developers said about them was true. Sadly I haven't seen any mutants other than the naked female/male and tribes ones, no "ugly mofos" as of yet (probably due to a distinct fear of delving into these caverns). They travel in pairs, attack/go toward manmade structures, climb trees (which freaked the ♥♥♥♥ out of me at first, pardon my French). If you get close, they will aggro and may call for reinforcements. They WILL watch you from afar, they WILL hide in tall grass. And god forbid, you will most certainly die if you don't hide from them. Vulnerability is key, which leads to...

[4/5] Immersion - This is a survival horror game. You can survive, and it has spooky elements that makes it a horror game. One minute you're building a base and nightfall comes, the next you hear sounds of leaves crunching around you. Night time really does shine in the sense that you truly feel more alone. What does fail to bring me to more of a heightened experience is the lack of ability to toggle/remove the HUD. I wanted to be able to feel like it was first person, not like Dead Island. Another issue at the moment is clipping through some objects in the world, but that's more focused on the...

[4.5/5] Map - It's big, even for the "little area" they confine you to in the Alpha. Jesus, I feel like I've only seen 1/3-1/4 of it, because I hear people talking about there being an ocean they're living on but I've hauled my ♥♥♥ through the woods only to find berries and potential death from mutants. Map design wise, it really feels like a forest. Extensively, the cave systems are really fleshed out, and light sources work beautifully within. There are bugs in the ground and rocks where you can fall/clip through, but it's not game-breaking unless you are intentionally clipping through them. Especially if you spend your time noticing the...

[5/5] Graphics - For a four-person team (2-3 programmers, 1-2 artists), the attention to detail really shines. Day/night, lighting, shadows, even the flora/fauna are amazing. It really goes to show how much effort they've put into it, and how much it will in the long run. Not only this but damn, the...

[4.5/5] Audio - Perfectly orchestrated in most areas. I say most because there are some issues such as the intro scene not synchronising with the cinematic. You really have to play for a few hours to not develop anxiety issues, trying to differentiate between mutants footsteps and animals scurrying on the floor. I have to give my applause to Endnight Games for making me yell "whatthe♥♥♥♥" at my screen every once in a while. What I DON'T like are the chimes when a tree breaks into chunks of logs, that doesn't feel right. I also believe a bit more ambience might be necessary, whether it's wind or chirping or something else.

[NA/5] Developers - I don't want to rate this category as it's not relative to the gameplay or other attributes. EndNight Games have been developing this game for years now, and this release was worth the wait. Deducing from Q&A, feedback and input from developers, you can tell this studio really cares both about the consumer base and the game. I feel as though they are handling complaints and bugs very well, and have already stated bug fixing has commenced, with a patch out very soon! I always purchase early access games for reasons both in receiving continuous content updates to games for fresher experiences, and for determining whether the game will succeed or otherwise. This is one of the fewer rather than latter from what I've gathered.

Final verdict: If you were expecting a polished game with little to no bugs and fleshed out AI, you thought wrong. And if you purchased it and complain (read:whine in an entitled sense) about this, you have the right to be ridiculed. The game promises on what it currently delivers, and although the game is riddled with bugs, you get what you pay for, and then some over the course of the game. If you understand what "early access" is, and have faith in the developers, I can safely say that $15 now will be a worthy investment (for both parties involved).

However, if you don't want to deal with bugs, provide feedback and travel this journey from early access to full release, I would not recommend the game in its current state. Although the game is very much playable, do not feel obliged to give up 15 dollars, because for some people that's a lot, and you want to get value for money from it, which is understandable.

I give the game 4.25/5, based on what I think of all the categories combined. I will leave the review in a recommended state because most people are deterred from reading/looking into a game if it has even 1-2 not recommended reviews. This game at least deserves some recognition, don't you?

EDIT: If anyone has made a well-done introductions video, I'd be happy to put it up in this review.
3 inhoudelijke, lange reviews vs 2 grap reviews...

ik heb ook dayz. stoming land nagekeken en daar is hetzelfde beeld te zien
quote:
Ik wil niet zeggen dat er geen normale reviews zijn maar het staat echt gewoon vol met dit soort uitgemolken grapjes.
vast, maar die zijn veruit in de minderheid en worden ook steeds minder
quote:
Ik merk ook dat ik voor de grapjes naar de positieve reviews onder een spel kijk. Daarna check ik meestal de negatieve reviews omdat die wel serieus zijn. Als die wel meevallen check ik meestal of er een youtube review is.
dat vind ik een verkeerde manier van benaderen maar ieder zo z'n ding..
pi_140830479
quote:
0s.gif Op zondag 8 juni 2014 13:37 schreef SuperHarregarre het volgende:

[..]

Challenge accepted. :P Ik check alleen de reviews die onderaan de main page staan.

The Forest:

[..]

[..]

DayZ:

[..]

[..]

The Stomping Land:

[..]

[..]

Rust:

[..]

[..]

[..]

Tropico 5:

[..]

Wolfenstein:

[..]

[..]

Space Engineers:

[..]

[..]

[..]

Europa Universalis IV

[..]

[..]

[..]

Ik wil niet zeggen dat er geen normale reviews zijn maar het staat echt gewoon vol met dit soort uitgemolken grapjes. Ik merk ook dat ik voor de grapjes naar de positieve reviews onder een spel kijk. Daarna check ik meestal de negatieve reviews omdat die wel serieus zijn. Als die wel meevallen check ik meestal of er een youtube review is.
Haha, dit heb ik niet eerder gezien :P Geniaal. Maar ik speel dan ook hele andere spellen :Y
  zondag 8 juni 2014 @ 16:02:41 #178
64521 SuperHarregarre
Semipositief.
pi_140833992
quote:
0s.gif Op zondag 8 juni 2014 13:54 schreef mschol het volgende:

[..]

op dezelfde pagina:

[..]

[..]

[..]

3 inhoudelijke, lange reviews vs 2 grap reviews...

ik heb ook dayz. stoming land nagekeken en daar is hetzelfde beeld te zien

[..]

vast, maar die zijn veruit in de minderheid en worden ook steeds minder

[..]

dat vind ik een verkeerde manier van benaderen maar ieder zo z'n ding..
Ik vind die eerste twee nog steeds geen echte reviews. Dat zijn beschrijvingen.Geen kritiek, geen analyse, niks.

Maar goed, dat geeft verder ook niet. Ik beschouw ze ook niet als reviews maar meer als persoonlijke impressies van spelers. Er valt alleen zo weinig waarde aan te hechten.
Baat 't niet, schaadt 't niet. Dus slikken, kreng.
  Forum Admin zondag 8 juni 2014 @ 18:33:38 #179
58651 crew  murp
murp
pi_140838257
quote:
10s.gif Op zondag 8 juni 2014 11:29 schreef BurnaBoy het volgende:

[..]

Het is jammer dat ik adblock aan moet zetten om van dat kloteplaatje van je af te zijn :(
idd ;( :')
  zondag 8 juni 2014 @ 20:09:33 #180
349086 ClapClapYourHands
Gurbansoltanedzhe
  maandag 9 juni 2014 @ 13:28:53 #181
64521 SuperHarregarre
Semipositief.
pi_140867925
quote:
0s.gif Op zondag 8 juni 2014 20:09 schreef ClapClapYourHands het volgende:
[ afbeelding ]

_O- _O- _O-

Iemand heeft die naam expres opgegeven _O-
Check z'n bio. Denk trouwens van niet, meestal hebben die andere gezichten.
pi_140869521
quote:
0s.gif Op zondag 8 juni 2014 20:09 schreef ClapClapYourHands het volgende:
[ afbeelding ]

_O- _O- _O-

Iemand heeft die naam expres opgegeven _O-
Welk spel is dat?
Gegroet!
pi_140869760
quote:
0s.gif Op maandag 9 juni 2014 14:16 schreef Zspirit het volgende:

[..]

Welk spel is dat?
Prison Architect.
pi_140869932
quote:
0s.gif Op maandag 9 juni 2014 14:22 schreef Rogan het volgende:

[..]

Prison Architect.
Thanks ga het eens checken!
Gegroet!
  maandag 9 juni 2014 @ 14:51:07 #185
64521 SuperHarregarre
Semipositief.
pi_140870871
Trouwens, twee prisoners samen in solitary? Niet erg solitary dan. :P
  maandag 9 juni 2014 @ 19:04:56 #187
409815 spambot31
#deadprez4mod
pi_140879996
Humble heeft weer eens een tabblaadje bijgevoegd :P E3 Digital Ticket
  maandag 9 juni 2014 @ 20:13:59 #188
56633 JimmyJames
Unspeakable powers
pi_140884857
quote:
11s.gif Op maandag 9 juni 2014 19:04 schreef spambot31 het volgende:
Humble heeft weer eens een tabblaadje bijgevoegd :P E3 Digital Ticket
wtf is deze
Please Move The Deer Crossing Sign
pi_140885928
Voor de mensen die de E3 digital ticket kopen en de twitch code niet gebruiken ik koop ze graag over :)
🔒
pi_140887316
Ik mis even wat dat digitale E3 digital ticket precies is? Je kunt toch al gewoon via Twitch/andere websites kijken?
pi_140887994
quote:
0s.gif Op maandag 9 juni 2014 20:49 schreef MaxMark het volgende:
Ik mis even wat dat digitale E3 digital ticket precies is? Je kunt toch al gewoon via Twitch/andere websites kijken?
ik denk dat de streams die je nu kan zien beperkt in content en kwaliteit zijn..
zo'n ticket zal dat wel opheffen oid?

je krijg zo te zien ook nog een zooi spellen en enkele dlc
pi_140888454
quote:
0s.gif Op maandag 9 juni 2014 20:59 schreef mschol het volgende:

[..]

ik denk dat de streams die je nu kan zien beperkt in content en kwaliteit zijn..
zo'n ticket zal dat wel opheffen oid?

je krijg zo te zien ook nog een zooi spellen en enkele dlc
Meh, ik schaf 't wel aan. Dan weet ik ook meteen wat het is :Y)
pi_140904030
Bij gebrek aan een pc topic dan maar hier:
GTA5 voor pc confirmed.
Doe eens niet.
  Redactie Games dinsdag 10 juni 2014 @ 09:46:49 #194
52557 crew  Mr.Noodle
Offtopic in geleuter...
pi_140905910
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 10 juni 2014 04:59 schreef Necrodeath het volgende:
Bij gebrek aan een pc topic dan maar hier:
GTA5 voor pc confirmed.
Goh, eindelijk!
How do you get precisely 4 Gallons of water with a 3 Gallon and 5 Gallon Can...
  dinsdag 10 juni 2014 @ 10:19:26 #195
136 V.
Fuck you and your eyebrows
pi_140906564
Ah... binnenkort gaan we in games weer terug naar 8-bits bliepjes en bloepjes omdat de Amerikaanse muziekvakbond games niet een waardig medium vinden om muziek voor te maken. Dus is het leden verboden om gamesmuziek te produceren, in wat voor capaciteit dan ook:

V.
Ja inderdaad, V. ja.
  dinsdag 10 juni 2014 @ 10:29:55 #196
56633 JimmyJames
Unspeakable powers
pi_140906782
Please Move The Deer Crossing Sign
  dinsdag 10 juni 2014 @ 11:01:39 #197
27193 The_Substitute
Pinch-Hitter/ Breekijzer
pi_140907537
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 10 juni 2014 10:19 schreef Verbal het volgende:
Ah... binnenkort gaan we in games weer terug naar 8-bits bliepjes en bloepjes omdat de Amerikaanse muziekvakbond games niet een waardig medium vinden om muziek voor te maken. Dus is het leden verboden om gamesmuziek te produceren, in wat voor capaciteit dan ook:

V.
Waar slaat dit nou weer op?

De AFM-vakbond stelt, zonder haar leden te hebben geïnformeerd, een nieuw contract op met de bedoeling Game-developers/uitgevers gedwongen aan tafel te krijgen. Wat dus compleet en unaniem afgewezen werd door developers en uitgevers. Maar het geldt nog altijd, waardoor de game-arm van de AFM-leden al 2 jaren geen gamescores meer hebben kunnen maken. En nu wil de AFM hèm beboeten, omdat hij gewoon wil werken, i.p.v. die overeenkomst aan te passen die duidelijk niet werkt?

:') x 1000

[ Bericht 0% gewijzigd door The_Substitute op 10-06-2014 15:10:47 ]
'Three angry deathclaws make for a lotta reconstructive surgery.'
  dinsdag 10 juni 2014 @ 11:34:17 #198
106133 SpankmasterC
BOOMSHAKALAKA
pi_140908519
quote:
5s.gif Op dinsdag 10 juni 2014 11:01 schreef The_Substitute het volgende:

[..]

Waar slaat dit nou weer op?

De AFM-vakbond stelt, zonder haar leden te hebben geïnformeerd, een nieuw contract op met de bedoeling op Game-developers/uitgevers gedwongen aan tafel te krijgen. Wat dus compleet en unaniem afgewezen werd door developers en uitgevers. Maar het geldt nog altijd, waardoor de game-arm van de AFM-leden al 2 jaren geen gamescores meer hebben kunnen maken. En nu wil de AFM hèm beboeten, omdat hij gewoon wil werken, i.p.v. die overeenkomst aan te passen die duidelijk niet werkt?

:') x 1000
Ja iedere gezonde rechter kijkt daar dwars doorheen, maar het kost hem wel weer enorm veel tidj en toch ook stress. Maar het is echt belachelijk, juist een vakbond hoort voor zijn leden op te komen en dat doen ze overduidelijk niet.
Op woensdag 30 juli 2014 17:12 schreef Nebo het volgende:
Jouw lul is jongvolwassen en in de bloei van zijn leven Spankster.
  dinsdag 10 juni 2014 @ 11:58:42 #199
136 V.
Fuck you and your eyebrows
pi_140909279
En hij maakt zulke mooie muziek O+

V.
Ja inderdaad, V. ja.
  dinsdag 10 juni 2014 @ 12:01:59 #200
27193 The_Substitute
Pinch-Hitter/ Breekijzer
pi_140909392
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 10 juni 2014 11:34 schreef SpankmasterC het volgende:
Ja iedere gezonde rechter kijkt daar dwars doorheen, maar het kost hem wel weer enorm veel tidj en toch ook stress. Maar het is echt belachelijk, juist een vakbond hoort voor zijn leden op te komen en dat doen ze overduidelijk niet.
Het is een mooi voorbeeld om te zien wat er kan gebeuren als een vakbond te machtig wordt. En ik hoop voor hem, uiteraard, dat dit effect gaat hebben.
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 10 juni 2014 11:58 schreef Verbal het volgende:
En hij maakt zulke mooie muziek O+

V.
Jep. Misschien zou je een PS3 aan moeten schaffen zodat je Journey kan spelen. 8-)
'Three angry deathclaws make for a lotta reconstructive surgery.'
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')