Radio Espantoso
  dinsdag 22 februari 2022 @ 07:48:23 #277
279682 theguyver
Sidekick van A tuin-hek!
pi_203776509
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 22 februari 2022 07:21 schreef Basp1 het volgende:

[..]
Nog even tot eind maart wachten totdat het truth social netwerk helemaal werkt.

Je hebt je als obsessieve trumpvolger toch wel al aangemeld, wat is je user naam daar?
Wat ik begrijp is het al live en alleen voor Amerikanen, en heeft al de nodige aanmeld issues..
Maar goed dat gebeurt wel vaker bij launch.

Nja ik ga me aanmelden.
Als ik me depressief voel kan ik daar even terecht om te zien hoe zwaar die arme Trump het wel niet heeft en dan zal ik me wel een stuk beter voelen :)
Er staat nog een vraag voor u open!!
pi_203777748
Alleen voor amerikanen wat een woke gedrag van die republikeinen. :D
  Overall beste user 2022 dinsdag 22 februari 2022 @ 11:03:23 #279
3928 Ulx
you aint no punk you punk
pi_203778417
Ze censureren er op TS wel een partij op los. Je mag er helemaal niks.

twitter
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
pi_203778445
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 22 februari 2022 11:03 schreef Ulx het volgende:
Ze censureren er op TS wel een partij op los. Je mag er helemaal niks.

[ twitter ]
Het is net Twitter.
pi_203778559
Het is me ook wat, Amerikaans Links en hun raciaal essentialistische gedachtegoed. Dit bizarre artikel verscheen vorige week in de NYT. Door bepaalde toelatingscriteria te verwijderen op een gerenommeerde middelbare school, zakte het aandeel Aziatische studenten met meer dan twintig (!) procent.
quote:
Conservatives Open New Front in Elite School Admission Wars

The Pacific Legal Foundation is behind lawsuits that challenge elite public high schools that are changing their admissions policies to diversify their student body.

When school started last fall at one of the nation’s most competitive and prestigious public high schools, the incoming freshman class looked different by design.

Compared with previous classes at Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology in Alexandria, Va., there were more Black and Hispanic students, as well as white students — but fewer Asian students.

That is because standardized testing that had once been the key to admission was eliminated. Top students were admitted from a cross-section of schools, and weight was given to poorer students, as well as to students learning the English language.

Now, those policies are at the center of a federal lawsuit filed by an organization called Coalition for TJ, with the aid of the Pacific Legal Foundation, a conservative group that is taking on public high school admissions and has filed similar lawsuits in New York and Montgomery County, Md.

The organization argues that the school’s new admissions process was designed to racially balance the student body at the expense of Asian American students. The group is pushing for the school’s new process to be scrapped, saying that it discriminates along racial and ethnic lines.

If the lawsuit prevails, it could block future efforts at elite public high schools that are trying to diversify their students by race and income.

Wen Fa, a senior attorney with the Pacific Legal Foundation, said the changes made to the admissions criteria for the class of 2025 were merely proxies for race.

“They’ve completely revamped the admissions system, and they’re covertly doing that by the use of proxies,” Mr. Fa said.

Julie Moult, a spokeswoman for the school system, disagreed, saying the new admissions system was “merit based and race blind.” The race and ethnicity of applicants, largely drawn from the top 1.5 percent of each school, are unknown to the review panel, she said.

The decision, which could be issued sometime soon, will occur at an already volatile time for elite schools that are considering how to admit students. The Supreme Court is set to hear arguments on the question of whether Harvard and the University of North Carolina can consider race as a factor in admissions.

The case in Virginia, however, could break new ground. Unlike Harvard or the University of North Carolina, Thomas Jefferson never even mentions race as an admissions criterion; it instead uses other measures — like where the student went to middle school — to boost diversity.

Justin Driver, a Yale law professor, called the lawsuit aggressive because the plaintiffs were taking on a practice that no current Supreme Court justice had ever stated was a problem — the use of what school administrators say are race-neutral criteria to pick students.

The issue, he said, is “the next battle in the aftermath of a Supreme Court decision that would eliminate affirmative action.”

“These cases,” he continued, “are the next wave in this effort.”

Mr. Driver, author of a 2018 book on the Supreme Court and education, said Thomas Jefferson’s new policy shared similarities with the University of Texas plan that guarantees admission to the top students from each of the state’s high schools.

But the Pacific Legal Foundation and some parents say that the new admissions criteria is hardly race neutral, and that it deliberately targets Asian American students, many of whom score well on admissions tests.

Hemang Nagar, an Indian immigrant whose son was admitted to Thomas Jefferson in the class of 2025 despite the changes, is among the parents behind the lawsuit.

“This had nothing to do with the George Floyd murder, but that incident was used to push this down everybody’s throat,” Mr. Nagar said. “I think the case will go to the Supreme Court, and I think we will win.”

Asian Americans were the only racial group to see their numbers decrease under the new admissions system, to 54 percent from 73 percent.

The percentage of Black students increased to 7 percent from no more than 2 percent. Hispanic students increased to 11 percent from 3 percent. White students increased to 22 percent from 18 percent.

Overall in the Fairfax County school system, about 37 percent of students are white, 27 percent are Hispanic, 20 percent are Asian and 10 percent are Black.

Damilola Awofisayo, a senior who heads Thomas Jefferson’s Black Student Union, said she noticed an immediate change when the new class arrived.

“We have so much engagement and community,” said Damilola, 18, describing how the club’s previously sparse membership had grown. Its meetings now include vibrant discussions about current affairs through an African American lens.

As a freshman, she met students who seemed ignorant about Black people and made inappropriate comments. “My freshman year, I got comments that ‘You’re only at the school because of affirmative action,’” Damilola said, even though she had taken the same rigorous test as everyone else.

While she is reserving judgment on the new admissions system, she said that certain parts of it — including the geographic diversity requirement — were improvements. “It just makes things more equitable overall for everyone,” said Damilola, who is Nigerian American.

The Pacific Legal Foundation was founded in 1973, during Ronald Reagan’s tenure as California governor, by his supporters who envisioned a conservative version of the American Civil Liberties Union.

Since then, the organization, based in Sacramento, has expanded greatly. Its most recent annual budget was $17 million. Critics point to the group’s well-heeled donors and partners, including the Kochs, the Atlas Network and the Uihlein family, who operate the large business products supply company Uline, as proof that it is heavily influenced by business interests. The foundation says its support comes from 6,400 donors.

The foundation has a successful track record: 14 victories in Supreme Court cases. It is also known as a prolific filer of “friend of the court” briefs, including in support of Students for Fair Admissions, the Virginia-based group waging a legal battle against affirmative action at Harvard and North Carolina.

Mr. Driver, the Yale professor, noted that those cases pitted various ethnic groups against one another in ways that sowed division. At Thomas Jefferson, the controversy over class selection dates back decades, according to Jorge Torrico, a 1998 graduate.

When he attended, Mr. Torrico was an undocumented Bolivian immigrant who gained admission with the help of a foundation program that coached students through the application and testing. When he arrived, he said “classmates immediately accused me of getting in through affirmative action.” He is now part of a group devoted to mentoring students to increase diversity at Thomas Jefferson.

In the early 2000s, the school ended an affirmative action program based on legal advice, according to Daniel A. Domenech, the former superintendent of Fairfax County schools.

His efforts to push through an alternate plan met political backlash, he said. And when he left the post in 2004 he felt a sense of frustration over that failure.

“This is a big issue in education right now,” said Dr. Domenech, currently executive director of the School Superintendents Association. “The whole issue of equity and lack of equity in our school systems is a glaring one.”

The controversy over Thomas Jefferson’s racial makeup flared once again in June 2020, when Black Lives Matter protests swept the country. The school’s principal, Ann Bonitatibus, wrote a soul-searching message to families. Why, she asked, did the school of about 1,800 students include only 32 Black students and 47 Hispanic students?

It was a call to action during a national period of racial reckoning, she said, urging families, “Please think of the privileges you hold that others may not.”

Spurred on by questions from the state’s education department about racial equity, as well as the concerns of other Democratic politicians, Thomas Jefferson revised its admissions policies.

Documents later released in court revealed that one school board member worried in a text that the new admissions policy had “an anti-Asian feel.”

Perhaps signaling the future of the lawsuit, the U.S. district judge presiding over the case, Claude M. Hilton, expressed skepticism about the school system’s claim that its revised admissions policy is race neutral.

“Everybody knows the policy is not race neutral, and that it’s designed to affect the racial composition of the school,” said Judge Hilton, a Reagan appointee. “You can say all sorts of good things while you’re doing others.”
'I moved to Peru and shaved half my head and wrote for Teen Vogue. If I can come back from the depths of leftism, trust me, anyone can.' - Gina Florio
  Overall beste user 2022 dinsdag 22 februari 2022 @ 11:15:06 #282
3928 Ulx
pi_203778629
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 22 februari 2022 11:04 schreef Chivaz het volgende:

[..]
Het is net Twitter.
Op Twitter mag je jezelf gewoon DevinCow noemen hoor.
Maar doe je dat op TS MOEHten ze je dan gelijk bannen
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
pi_203778767
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 22 februari 2022 11:15 schreef Ulx het volgende:

[..]
Op Twitter mag je jezelf gewoon DevinCow noemen hoor.
Maar doe je dat op TS MOEHten ze je dan gelijk bannen
Hoe weet jij nou wat wel en niet mag op Twitter, de regels zijn op allerlei manieren te interpreteren.
pi_203778831
quote:
10s.gif Op dinsdag 22 februari 2022 11:10 schreef HowardRoark het volgende:
Het is me ook wat, Amerikaans Links en hun raciaal essentialistische gedachtegoed. Dit bizarre artikel verscheen vorige week in de NYT. Door bepaalde toelatingscriteria te verwijderen op een gerenommeerde middelbare school, zakte het aandeel Aziatische studenten met meer dan twintig (!) procent.
[..]

Is dat gek? Als je gaat corrigeren op inkomsten ga je veel Aziatische studenten, die veelal uit bovengemiddeld rijke gezinnen komen, verliezen.
Hoeren neuken, nooit meer werken.
pi_203778843
quote:
10s.gif Op dinsdag 22 februari 2022 11:10 schreef HowardRoark het volgende:
[..]

De titel van NYT dekt de lading niet echt.
Een betere titel zou zijn “Equity destroys equality in school admissions” of zoiets.
pi_203779005
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 22 februari 2022 11:29 schreef Ludachrist het volgende:

[..]
Is dat gek? Als je gaat corrigeren op inkomsten ga je veel Aziatische studenten, die veelal uit bovengemiddeld rijke gezinnen komen, verliezen.
Ja, dat is gek. Uiteindelijk zou altijd merit de doorslag moeten geven, niet huidskleur.
'I moved to Peru and shaved half my head and wrote for Teen Vogue. If I can come back from the depths of leftism, trust me, anyone can.' - Gina Florio
pi_203779109
quote:
14s.gif Op dinsdag 22 februari 2022 11:43 schreef HowardRoark het volgende:

[..]
Ja, dat is gek. Uiteindelijk zou altijd merit de doorslag moeten geven, niet huidskleur.
De vraag is dan of dat bij standardized testing wel het geval is. Rijke kinderen hebben veel meer mogelijkheden om bijles te volgen, tijd vrij te maken voor huiswerk en hebben doorgaans ook ouders die schoolprestaties meer stimuleren. Als die hoger scoren op een standaardtest dan kinderen die deze voordelen niet hebben, betekent dat dan automatisch dat zij ook betere scholieren gaan zijn?
Hoeren neuken, nooit meer werken.
pi_203779300
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 22 februari 2022 11:51 schreef Ludachrist het volgende:

[..]
De vraag is dan of dat bij standardized testing wel het geval is. Rijke kinderen hebben veel meer mogelijkheden om bijles te volgen, tijd vrij te maken voor huiswerk en hebben doorgaans ook ouders die schoolprestaties meer stimuleren. Als die hoger scoren op een standaardtest dan kinderen die deze voordelen niet hebben, betekent dat dan automatisch dat zij ook betere scholieren gaan zijn?
Dat is inderdaad bij standardized testing het geval ja. Kwaliteit geeft hier daar de doorslag. Dat situaties in huishoudens niet gelijk zijn zul je altijd houden. En een bepaalde cultuur en mindset is daar dan bepalend, niet financiën. Aziatische Amerikanen zijn namelijk ook niet pas gaan presenteren toen men eenmaal de groep was met het hoogste inkomen, dit is juist een resultaat van de cultuur waarin zij opgroeien. En overigens is binnen deze groep de inkomensongelijkheid ook enorm toegenomen. Dat wil dus zeggen dat echt niet elke Aziatische student uit een rijke familie komt.
pi_203781419
quote:
14s.gif Op dinsdag 22 februari 2022 12:04 schreef HowardRoark het volgende:

[..]
Dat is inderdaad bij standardized testing het geval ja. Kwaliteit geeft hier daar de doorslag. Dat situaties in huishoudens niet gelijk zijn zul je altijd houden. En een bepaalde cultuur en mindset is daar dan bepalend, niet financiën. Aziatische Amerikanen zijn namelijk ook niet pas gaan presenteren toen men eenmaal de groep was met het hoogste inkomen, dit is juist een resultaat van de cultuur waarin zij opgroeien. En overigens is binnen deze groep de inkomensongelijkheid ook enorm toegenomen. Dat wil dus zeggen dat echt niet elke Aziatische student uit een rijke familie komt.
Dankzij de Linkse filosofie dacht ik juist dat Pakistanen, Chinezen, Thai, Vietnamezen, Japanners enz allemaal hetzelfde waren.
  Overall beste user 2022 dinsdag 22 februari 2022 @ 14:24:47 #290
3928 Ulx
pi_203781509
twitter

Ik gok dat de situatie nu anders is.
  dinsdag 22 februari 2022 @ 14:46:54 #291
279682 theguyver
Sidekick van A tuin-hek!
pi_203781702
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 22 februari 2022 10:17 schreef Basp1 het volgende:
Alleen voor amerikanen wat een woke gedrag van die republikeinen. :D
In maart voor de rest van de planeet zover ik begreep.
  dinsdag 22 februari 2022 @ 14:48:43 #292
279682 theguyver
Sidekick van A tuin-hek!
pi_203781721
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 22 februari 2022 11:24 schreef Chivaz het volgende:

[..]
Hoe weet jij nou wat wel en niet mag op Twitter, de regels zijn op allerlei manieren te interpreteren.
https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies

Ze zijn best duidelijk.
pi_203781847
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 22 februari 2022 14:46 schreef theguyver het volgende:

[..]
In maart voor de rest van de planeet zover ik begreep.
Dat gaat dan een groot trollfeest worden lijkt me. Zou china juist deze site wel door hun erg strenge vuurmuur laten gaan? :D
pi_203782383
quote:
Kan jij verklaren hoe gehacked materiaal van GiveSendGo over Twitter verspreid kon worden maar het verhaal over Hunter Bidens laptop niet eens gedeeld mocht worden?
  dinsdag 22 februari 2022 @ 16:16:33 #295
279682 theguyver
Sidekick van A tuin-hek!
pi_203782637
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 22 februari 2022 15:54 schreef Chivaz het volgende:

[..]
Kan jij verklaren hoe gehacked materiaal van GiveSendGo over Twitter verspreid kon worden maar het verhaal over Hunter Bidens laptop niet eens gedeeld mocht worden?
Kom ik straks op terug!
  dinsdag 22 februari 2022 @ 16:17:32 #296
279682 theguyver
Sidekick van A tuin-hek!
pi_203782647
BTW schijnbaar is nu Rusland dus de Oekraïne binnen gevallen onder het mom van een vredesmissie.

Kan iemand mij vertellen hoe dit NU de schuld van Biden is?
pi_203782893
twitter

Rittenhouse is goed bezig, nadat deze jongen zoveel shit over zich heen heeft gekregen omdat hij zichzelf verdedigde tegen mensen die “protesteerden” voor de goede zaak start hij een project om slachtoffers van laster bij te staan.
Uiteraard zal hij zelf net als Sandman een hoop mensen voor de rechter slepen.
Ik hoop voor Rittenhouse met miljoenen wegkomt zodat hij in alle rust verder kan gaan met zijn leven.
pi_203783357
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 22 februari 2022 16:45 schreef Chivaz het volgende:
[ twitter ]
Rittenhouse is goed bezig, nadat deze jongen zoveel shit over zich heen heeft gekregen omdat hij zichzelf verdedigde tegen mensen die “protesteerden” voor de goede zaak start hij een project om slachtoffers van laster bij te staan.
Ik hoop voor Rittenhouse met miljoenen wegkomt zodat hij in alle rust verder kan gaan met zijn leven.
Stelling nemen tegen laster en dan bij Tucker Carslon aanschuiven.

Man man man, ironie is dood.
Op maandag 3 februari 2014 08:10 schreef Enchanter het volgende:[/b]
In discussie gaan met Koos Vogels :') , een grotere mongool is er niet :r
pi_203783403
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 22 februari 2022 17:38 schreef KoosVogels het volgende:

[..]
Stelling nemen tegen laster en dan bij Tucker Carslon aanschuiven.

Man man man, ironie is dood.
Maar wat vind je van Rittenhouse zijn plannen? Terecht of niet dat hij stelling neemt tegen laster?
  dinsdag 22 februari 2022 @ 17:43:14 #300
279682 theguyver
Sidekick van A tuin-hek!
pi_203783411
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 22 februari 2022 16:45 schreef Chivaz het volgende:
[ twitter ]
Je weet dat als West Allis hem had neergeschoten hij op de zelfde grond had kunnen worden vrijgesproken..
Zo krom zijn de wetten daar.
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')