abonnement Unibet Coolblue
  vrijdag 4 mei 2018 @ 00:03:13 #301
44703 ExtraWaskracht
Laat maar lekker draaien
pi_178926230
quote:
14s.gif Op donderdag 3 mei 2018 23:53 schreef Fir3fly het volgende:

[..]

Misschien kunnen we het nog een keertje over Seth Rich hebben.
Ook zoiets ... dit leeft in bepaalde kringen nogsteeds trouwens he!

Hoe dan ook, er was gister een artikel bij PBS Newshour over iemand die Russisch propagandaknaaal Sputnik gevolgd heeft .. die raakte aardig van de leg, hoewel het waarschijnlijk wel wat hyperbolisch gesteld was. Klaarblijkelijk wordt het daar uitgezonden alsook in bepaalde delen van Europa. Hier het artikel:

Althans, waarschijnlijk zijn mensen als als OllieA en brokjespoes hier ook in geinteresseerd.. dus het is goed dat te vermelden en dat als je het leest bij de bron er talloze links naar bronnen staan en enkele plaatjes enzo:
quote:
After a week of Russian propaganda, I was questioning everything (PBS)

One day this past fall on my morning commute from D.C. to Virginia, I tuned the radio to 105.5 FM, expecting to hear my usual bluegrass. But instead of fiddles and guitar, I heard a voice in Russian-accented English announce: “This is Radio Sputnik.”

I had no idea then what Radio Sputnik was. What came to mind was Sputnik 1, the first artificial satellite, which triggered the Space Race between the U.S. and Soviet Union during the Cold War. The beach-ball sized satellite, once launched, didn’t do much besides orbit the Earth beeping, but it played on American fears and anxieties about being technologically behind, serving as powerful Soviet propaganda.

Enter Radio Sputnik. Like its sister outlet RT, Sputnik is a Russian government-funded media outlet, widely seen by Russia experts as a vehicle to disseminate disinformation for the Kremlin, and, like its space-dwelling namesake, to make the West look bad. While RT is television, Sputnik lives on the radio, a wire service and website. Both RT and Sputnik are under the banner of the news agency “Rossiya Segodnya,” which means “Russia Today,” and which was created in December 2013 by presidential decree by Vladimir Putin.

Both outlets, according to Ben Nimmo, an information defense fellow with the Atlantic Council, a Washington think tank, put out propaganda intended to polarize and confuse, and “attack the facts rather than report them.”

For a recent example, see Sputnik’s coverage since the April 7 chemical attack in Douma, Syria. While Western powers say Syrian president Bashar al-Assad’s government forces were behind the attack, Sputnik has pushed a narrative that the attack was faked, orchestrated by the humanitarian search-and-rescue group the White Helmets. According to Sputnik, the White Helmets, which was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2017, is a Western-funded construct, and had turned an ordinary instance of dust and smoke inhalation into a chemical attack. Sputnik’s main source for this coverage was a 9/11 truther.

(Snopes, the fact-checking site, said that images being used to discredit the White Helmets are stills from a movie set. According to the Washington Post, statements by medics saying that children in Douma suffered from asthma attacks instead of a chemical attack may have been coerced.)

“The whole point is to make you doubt, to induce paralysis,” Nimmo said. When compared to the better-known RT, he said, Sputnik is “much more regressive and much more pernicious.”

SPOILER
Om spoilers te kunnen lezen moet je zijn ingelogd. Je moet je daarvoor eerst gratis Registreren. Ook kun je spoilers niet lezen als je een ban hebt.
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')