abonnement Unibet Coolblue
pi_149488991

Dit is het topic voor alles wat met tennissen te maken heeft. Hier wordt de algemene info van het tennis besproken en de gewone toernooien. Maar natuurlijk wel van het

Mannentennis.

Het vrouwentennis bespreek je in het WTA Topic.

De Masters toernooien en de Grand Slams bespreek je hier niet. Die krijgen altijd een eigen topic.

Officiele Site ATP Tour Klik
Toernooien + Datums 2010: Klik
Informatie over toernooien: Klik
ATP Rankings: Klik
Spelers Profielen: Klik
NOS Teletekst: Pagina's 649 t/m 657

ATP Bracket: Klik

Australian Open
Roland Garros
Wimbledon
US Open

Indian Wells
Miami
Monte Carlo (niet verplicht)
Rome
Madrid
Montreal / Toronto
Cincinnati
Shanghai
Paris
London

Poll: Wie is je favoriete speler?

Roger Federer
Rafael Nadal
Novak Djokovic
Andy Murray
Andy Roddick
David Nalbandian
Nikolay Davydenko
Lleyton Hewitt
Marat Safin
Mikhail Youzhny
Stanislas Wawrinka
Richard Gasquet
Radek Stepanek
Iemand anders, namelijk..
Tussenstand:

Ook een poll maken? Klik hier

Roger Federer
Rafael Nadal
Novak Djokovic
Andy Roddick
David Nalbandian
Andy Murray
Teimuraz Gabashvili
Robin Haase
Martin Verkerk
Matwé Middelkoop
Donald Young
Thiemo de Bakker
Michel Koning
Dick Norman
Juan Martin Del Potro
Radek Stepanek
Radek Stevanek
Hesse Huta Galung
Jan Silva
Igor Sijsling
Jo Wilfried Tsonga

De OpeningsPost van dit topic is ---- hier ---- te vinden.

Game On!
"Some guys they just give up living and start dying little by little piece by piece"
last.fm | Rate Your Music | MusicMeter | top 100 nummers | top 100 albums | top 50 2013 | top 100 jazz | Onze-blog: pat-sounds
pi_149489012
Met een eerbetoon aan de oudste first-time ATP winnaar ooit!!! *O* *O*

Estrella Burgos _O_ _O_
"Some guys they just give up living and start dying little by little piece by piece"
last.fm | Rate Your Music | MusicMeter | top 100 nummers | top 100 albums | top 50 2013 | top 100 jazz | Onze-blog: pat-sounds
pi_149489014
Eerste ATP-titel op je 34e
pi_149490609
Vrij bijzonder wat hier is gebeurd hoor:

quote:
By BEN ROTHENBERG AUG. 2, 2014

WASHINGTON — The longest road to the biggest stages of tennis started where no road had before.

Victor Estrella Burgos, who turned 34 on Saturday, will be the oldest player ever to make his debut in the main draw at the United States Open when it begins Aug. 25. He will also be the first from the Dominican Republic to participate in the 128-player draw. In February, he became the first Dominican to crack the ATP top 100 after he won a Challenger tournament in Salinas, Ecuador.

“I won the tournament, and finally it means that my dream is true, to make top 100,” he said last week. “This day I’m not going to forget because it’s unbelievable how I wanted so much to show the world that in Dominican, we can play tennis. We have the athleticism for this; just we have to work hard.”

Ranked 87th, Estrella Burgos is projected to reach a career-best No. 80 this week after reaching the third round of the Citi Open in Washington. His ascent has been steep: At this time last year, he was ranked outside the top 300.

No one else in Estrella Burgos’s family played tennis, but his father was friendly with a coach at a tennis club in their city, Santiago. With 8-year-old Victor frequently fighting with his two older brothers, his father sent him to the club to stay out of trouble, and the coach channeled Victor’s hyperactivity into work as a ball boy.

“My first time, nobody was teaching me,” he said. “I think I saw, I copied from other people, how they played, and then I start to play. Thank God the club allowed me to play, because I was a hyper kid, but I never made trouble.”

Though small for his age (even now he is only 5 feet 8 inches), Estrella Burgos began playing against older teenagers and adults.

“The first time I played an adult tournament, I was 14 years old,” he said. “They don’t want to let me play because I’m so short, so small. I was like 5 feet, maximum. They don’t want me to play because the tournament had an alcohol sponsor, Heineken. They said, ‘No, he cannot play.’ I was crying; I was fighting with them, ‘Please, I want to play.’

“And then they let me play in my city. I made the semifinals, in Santiago. After that, they let me play all the alcohol tournaments.”

But because he had little money, Estrella Burgos largely delayed his career at the ages when most players are making their biggest pushes to reach the tour. He worked at the club in Santiago as a coach, competing only occasionally in tournaments and for the Dominican’s Davis Cup team.

In 2006, after a brief stint working as a sparring partner for the Puerto Rican Davis Cup team in Miami, Estrella Burgos, at the urging of a coach, decided to try to make a living in Futures and Challenger events in the Americas. His results were largely unimpressive until a year ago, when he was inspired by a surprisingly successful recovery from an injured elbow ligament.

“I still have the level,” he remembered thinking, “and I’m going to keep it.”

After moving into the top 100 in February, Estrella Burgos played in the main draw of Grand Slam events for the first time, at the French Open in May and at Wimbledon in June, losing in the first round both times.

In July, Estrella Burgos had his best result at the ATP level, reaching the semifinals of a tournament in Bogotá, Colombia, by ousting 14th-ranked Richard Gasquet in the quarterfinals. He lost to the eventual champion, Bernard Tomic, in a third-set tiebreaker.

Along with an ability to summon better tennis against tough competition, Estrella Burgos attributes much of his rapid rise to a focus on conditioning. Instead of playing tournaments, he is taking the next two weeks off for a training regimen designed to put him in peak shape for the Open.

Though he wants to keep playing, Estrella Burgos plans to start a foundation to provide equipment to promising young players and increase the number of public courts in Santiago (population 550,753), where there were only nine public courts, most in disrepair.

“This is making me very sad,” he said of the lack of opportunities. “A lot of little guys, I think they can have talent, but they cannot play because they don’t have memberships.”

Estrella Burgos said that more children in his country, a world power in baseball, had been motivated to play tennis by his success.

“They are motivated because I’m the first one,” he said. “I receive every times a lot of messages from the kids and everything. But it’s not going to be easy. They have to be very interested and working hard.”

Estrella Burgos hopes the excitement of his playing at the Open will inspire even more children, especially with the crowds he hopes will support him in New York, home to more than 650,000 Dominicans.

At his second-round victory in Washington last week, the contingent was small but boisterous, which he said reflected the outsize energy of his nation.

“If here we have 10 Dominican people,” he said after that match, “it’s going to be like 100, for sure.”

Estrella Burgos _O_
  zondag 8 februari 2015 @ 22:58:53 #5
408982 1239758715981
Mijn PIN is 4207
pi_149493605
VEB had twee graveltoernooien nodig om zijn eerste graveltitel te pakken.

Rafael Nadal? Elf toernooien.

Wie is hier nou de gravel GOAT :7
  zondag 8 februari 2015 @ 23:02:05 #6
187810 Szura
Kijk eens aan!
pi_149493832
En Rooowwwbbbiiinnn?
Lekker zuipen, lekker dansen en daarna lekker neuken.
pi_149494434
quote:
0s.gif Op zondag 8 februari 2015 23:02 schreef Szura het volgende:
En Rooowwwbbbiiinnn?
eerste keer kitzbuhel was het meteen raak
pi_149500542
Die OP uit het jaar Tupac :')

VEB trouwens _O_
Hopelijk harkt hij nog flink wat doekoe binnen in de herfst van zijn carriere die eigenlijk pas zijn lente is.
U MAD?
pi_149500696
Hoezo doet Slice niet mee in Rotterdam? :o
pi_149500979
quote:
7s.gif Op maandag 9 februari 2015 09:51 schreef Norrage het volgende:
Hoezo doet Slice niet mee in Rotterdam? :o
Omdat ie niet de zekerheid van een main draw had
pi_149501016
quote:
0s.gif Op maandag 9 februari 2015 10:05 schreef luckass het volgende:

[..]

Omdat ie niet de zekerheid van een main draw had
Waar speelt die wannabe dan?
pi_149501794
quote:
7s.gif Op maandag 9 februari 2015 10:07 schreef Norrage het volgende:

[..]

Waar speelt die wannabe dan?
Memphis
  maandag 9 februari 2015 @ 12:20:52 #13
13546 XL
In de zin van Extra Lars
pi_149504353
Ben benieuwd wat Zverev tegen RBA kan!

Is het eigenlijk een broer van Michael Zverev?
Die Scheiße bleibt gleich, nur die Fliegen ändern sich| Kurt Cobain sagte mir, Ich soll kommen wie ich bin
en de kikker zei: "Je moet me nog kussen!" en ik stak de kikker terug in mijn binnenzak en zei: "Nee, ik heb veel liever een babbelende kikker!"
  maandag 9 februari 2015 @ 12:28:27 #14
209676 knijn1985
Einhorn maakt nog geen zomer
pi_149504534
quote:
99s.gif Op maandag 9 februari 2015 12:20 schreef XL het volgende:
Ben benieuwd wat Zverev tegen RBA kan!

Is het eigenlijk een broer van Michael Zverev?
Nickname is "Sascha"…Speaks German, English and Russian...Father, Alexander, was a former pro player and is now his coach; mother, Irena, is a tennis coach; older brother, Mischa, is also a pro…Family moved to Germany in 1991…Started playing tennis aged five...Former junior World No. 1, won 2014 Australian Open junior title (d. Kozlov); had finished runner-up at 2013 Roland Garros juniors (l. to Garin)…Idol growing up was Roger Federer. Hobbies include watching NBA basketball...Favourite sporting personality is Lebron James...Trains in Hamburg and Saddlebrook, Florida...Physical trainer is Jez Green (since 2013).
  maandag 9 februari 2015 @ 12:40:45 #15
13546 XL
In de zin van Extra Lars
pi_149504838
Ja dus, heb grote broer wel al een tijd niet meer gezien.... waarschijnlijk afgegleden naar de Challengers. Kleine Alex lijkt veelbelovender....
Die Scheiße bleibt gleich, nur die Fliegen ändern sich| Kurt Cobain sagte mir, Ich soll kommen wie ich bin
en de kikker zei: "Je moet me nog kussen!" en ik stak de kikker terug in mijn binnenzak en zei: "Nee, ik heb veel liever een babbelende kikker!"
pi_149505124
quote:
99s.gif Op maandag 9 februari 2015 12:40 schreef XL het volgende:
Ja dus, heb grote broer wel al een tijd niet meer gezien.... waarschijnlijk afgegleden naar de Challengers. Kleine Alex lijkt veelbelovender....
Een goeie run gehad in Hamburg, verder vind ik het (vooralsnog) niet veel.
  maandag 9 februari 2015 @ 12:58:31 #17
13546 XL
In de zin van Extra Lars
pi_149505376
quote:
0s.gif Op maandag 9 februari 2015 12:52 schreef luckass het volgende:

[..]

Heel erg jong voor zo'n run! Zelfs met goede loting, mazzel, wind mee, bier in zicht enz.
  maandag 9 februari 2015 @ 13:14:35 #18
414990 Immerdebestebob
Frikandellenfetisjist
pi_149505873
quote:
99s.gif Op maandag 9 februari 2015 12:58 schreef XL het volgende:

[..]

Heel erg jong voor zo'n run! Zelfs met goede loting, mazzel, wind mee, bier in zicht enz.
Je vergeet thuisbaan.
pi_149506030
quote:
0s.gif Op maandag 9 februari 2015 12:52 schreef luckass het volgende:

[..]

Die run was niet alleen goed, die was tamelijk bijzonder. Was ook helemaal geen makkelijke loting eigenlijk, goede spelers (voor dat toernooi).

Maar ja, sindsdien weinig van vernomen. Verloor zelfs ergens van Slice, dat is geen goed teken.
pi_149506151
quote:
7s.gif Op maandag 9 februari 2015 13:19 schreef Norrage het volgende:

[..]

Die run was niet alleen goed, die was tamelijk bijzonder. Was ook helemaal geen makkelijke loting eigenlijk, goede spelers (voor dat toernooi).

Maar ja, sindsdien weinig van vernomen. Verloor zelfs ergens van Slice, dat is geen goed teken.
Hij veegde wel Haase toen :D
pi_149507399
quote:
7s.gif Op maandag 9 februari 2015 13:19 schreef Norrage het volgende:

[..]

Raonic ook wel eens. Heeft wel aangegeven dat dat zijn slechtste wedstrijd ooit was.
pi_149508402
Ernie heeft z'n startgeld weer binnen?
pi_149508407
Slice mag nu tegen Tomic. Die vernietigde hem nog eerder dit jaar, maar dat was wel in Australie
pi_149508580
quote:
0s.gif Op maandag 9 februari 2015 14:52 schreef luckass het volgende:
Ernie heeft z'n startgeld weer binnen?
Kon je verwachten toch ?
pi_149510727
Onderweg naar Rotterdam. Kunnen best leuke potjes worden *O*
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')