abonnement Unibet Coolblue
pi_88548244
even wat anders tussen door hoor nou ja de eerste 2 minuten, de rest is ook goed

woensdag 10 november 2010 @ 13:15:53 #252
280382 MJ44ever
Thank You Michael...
pi_88552432
Op MJstar staat een interview met Teddy Riley en hij zegt een hoop rake dingen maar eigenlijk snap ik er niks van. Heeft iemand dit ook gehoord en dan ook begrepen? :D
You will allways be my hero...
pi_88555882
WTF, wat een chaos zeg.

Die a capella klinkt wel als Michael, maar jezus, dat had hij zelf niet uit willen brengen hoor.
A man said to the universe: 'Sir, I exist.'
'However', replied the universe. 'This fact has not created in me a sense of obligation.'
pi_88563011
Op http://www.mjstar.com/ staat gedeeltelijk 3 gelekte nummers.

all i need
carry on
much to soon

Ook staat er dat breaking news versie die nu op michaeljackson.com staat iets anders is dan voorheen, dus meer dat het klinkt als michael.

verder las ik op mjjcommunity dat het nummer met akon hold my hand de eerste single dus wordt maar met meer zang van michael erin verwerkt dan die al 2 jaar op internet te horen is.
Ook komt het nummer gangsta/no friend op mine maar dan volledig met michael jackson zang en heet het officeel blue gangsta. Ook las ik iets over een nummer getiteld Monster.

[ Bericht 7% gewijzigd door JOO op 10-11-2010 18:44:01 ]
pi_88563277
Ook van MJSTAR:

Breaking News Support Vocalist Revealed
The first of the Cascio tracks to be released Breaking Newsobviously isnt a perfect realization of Michael Jacksons abilities. Receiving the most critical attention are Jacksons vocals, the veracity of which even some family and fans are questioning.

There are understandable reasons for this. This certainly isnt a typical Jackson recording: there werent extensive warm ups with longtime vocal coach Seth Riggs, no layering and polishing by Jackson himself, no Bruce Swedien and world-class studio technology to capture the original vocal.

This was a guide demo, supplemented by the supporting vocals of James Porte (for which he is credited).

It was also specifically verified that the vocals did not belong to well-known Jackson impersonator, Jason Malachi.

--

Legendary producer Teddy Riley called into The Gyantunplugged Show and for the first time revealed the next official Michael Jackson album project DUETS.

The next album coming is the Duets album, with lot of great artists where Michael only sung the first verseGreat artists, artists with substanceMaybe Dre.

--

Dre?! Zou die voor MJ geproduceerd hebben?

all i need
carry on
much to soon

Drie mierzoete ballads overigens. Maar wel MJ. Zou er op dat duetalbum misschien MJ samen met Ray Charles staan. Dan ga ik out namelijk. :D

[ Bericht 13% gewijzigd door Zapato op 10-11-2010 17:55:05 ]
'However', replied the universe. 'This fact has not created in me a sense of obligation.'
pi_88563799
MJ met Ray Charles is inderdaad ziek. Maar was dat niet slechts een instrumental destijds?
pi_88563915
quote:
1s.gif Op woensdag 10 november 2010 17:59 schreef Rnnz het volgende:
MJ met Ray Charles is inderdaad ziek. Maar was dat niet slechts een instrumental destijds?
Weenie, maar heb het wel s in een lijstje zien staan.
pi_88564566
Luister hier vanaf 2:42

Luister hier vanaf 3:13

precies dezelfde lange gil
bron: mjjcommunity

Overigens las ik dat de nummers die door Eddie Cascio zijn geproduceerd dat daar onduidelijkheid over is of het wel of niet altijd michael is die zingt, de rest is dus waarschijnlijk gewoon zeker 100 procent michael.

dit zijn de nummers van Cascio die waarschijnlijk op het album komen:
Breaking News
Monster
Keep your head up
all i need (een stukje is op http://www.mjstar.com/ te vinden, is echter door Burt Bacharach al bevestigd dat dit nummer niet op het album komt )

[ Bericht 4% gewijzigd door JOO op 10-11-2010 18:56:35 ]
pi_88565557
quote:
1s.gif Op woensdag 10 november 2010 14:31 schreef Zapato het volgende:
WTF, wat een chaos zeg.

Die a capella klinkt wel als Michael, maar jezus, dat had hij zelf niet uit willen brengen hoor.
Dat is dus wat ik de hele tijd denk. Ik bedoel, die tracks zijn niet voor niets niet uitgekomen. Michael wilde het niet. Vind het niet leuk dat ze nu achter zijn rug om nog geld aan hem aan het verdienen zijn.
pi_88565959
Het is trouwens heel eng hoe die Jason Malachi op de stem van michael lijkt, begrijplijk dus dat je kan denken dat het michael niet is in breaking news (Hij zingt ook het nummer let me let go, waarvan mensen denken dat het michael is)
  woensdag 10 november 2010 @ 22:08:35 #261
33350 Janena
To boldly go where no one has
pi_88574629
hier iemand met een interessante kijk op breaking news:

My letter to Sony:

"I was so disappointed hearing Breaking News yesterday. It was instantly clear that a song had been built around an incomplete and unprofessionally recorded vocal line sung by MJ. Why you would choose to have incomplete vocal lines turned into songs rather than release MJ's own demos or previously recorded but unreleased work is beyond my understanding. As a fan, I am interested in Michael. If I wanted Teddy Riley's music, I would purchase albums by Teddy Riley. But, I want Michael Jackson's music, not a Teddy Riley cover of a Michael Jackson vocal line. Personally, I will not buy the album. I would however, buy anything that is truly a product from Michael, whether unfinished or not.

Rather than have you think I am complaining about Michael's voice being authentic or not, let me clarify what I heard and why I object to the song:

When MJ used media clips in the past in his songs, he used the voices in a rhythmic way, layering them so a word here or there would pop out and catch the listener's attention and the other words would fade into a rhythmic tapestry. That is not the case in this song. One pundit's line is followed by the next with no resemblance to spoken music at all. MJ would never do anything that amateurish and it instantly marked the song as someone else's work.

In addition, it is irritating to listen to that introduction more than a couple of times, which never occurs when MJ uses the spoken word as musical rhythm. I now skip over the first 36 seconds of the song.

Michael never used a flat rhythm section. By flat, I mean a rhythm section that sets up a beat and keeps that beat front and center, unvarying, for the whole song. That is a trademark of standard pop songs, but not one that MJ ever used. He was a master at creating a contrapuntal tapestry that moved in and out of focus in terms of musical importance. Having a drum beat in your face for the whole song immediately signifies another artist and not Michael.

In addition, Michael gave meticulous attention to sonic personality & the soundbox. He placed his complex rhythms (which this song also does not have) all over the soundbox & front, back, left and right, and top and bottom. This song has a left-right pan and nothing else. There is no depth or height. As I said, it is flat, two dimensional. Also, the quality of sound in MJ's songs is exceptional, lots of warmth and depth. This song does not have that.

When Michael used other instruments he used the best players in the business. The string and brass players on this song are woefully inadequate. They enter late on the beat, play out of tune, and the first trumpet even splats his line. Los Angeles is a brass town. They have the best trumpeters in the world in the studios. C'mon. You could have done better than that! The lack of quality of playing on this song is demeaning to Michael's name.

The song's arrangement is also questionable. The chromatic passages sound out of place. The balance between instruments is two-dimensional again, it is off. Again, it is an issue of inadequate production. Musical decisions about what to bring to the foreground to hold interest are amateurish and sound like they were made in a hurry. I guess quality was sacrificed for speed and cost, also something Michael would never do.

Michael was also a sound innovator. He constantly explored the world of sound and prided himself on using sounds that had never been heard before and could not be duplicated by anyone. But he did not do that randomly. The sounds he chose for each song made musical sense. They were not chosen for their uniqueness only, but for how their uniqueness contributed to the whole musical experience.

The sounds in this song seem to have been pulled out of a sound catalogue for the sake of using other sounds and not for the sake of creating new and vibrant musical color.

And, perhaps the most important musical issue that caused a pit to form in my stomach when I listened to this song for the first time was the noise. In my opinion, Michael was a symphonic genius. It has been almost a hundred years since the world has had a composer who has known how to layer melodic lines in a complex contrapuntal tapestry, building up to powerful climaxes of sound. His songs are as rich as late-romantic symphony composers. But, this song is just too busy. It has a lot going on all at once and that produces just a loud noise effect. Perhaps that is common in the pop world (and by pop I mean all popular music), but Michael never did that, ever. One of the things that keeps me listening to Michael's songs over and over is that I always hear something new in the complexity of textures, timbres, melodies and rhythm. What fantastic creativity! All of that is lacking in this song. It is tiresome to listen to because of the noise factor.

I actually cried hearing Breaking News for the first time. It made me feel like Michael had died all over again.

The Estate and Sony have a wonderful opportunity here. You have one of the world's greatest artists' legacies to preserve. I think you are taking the wrong approach. It is not your job to try to create a "current" MJ or a "mature" MJ. If that doesn't exist in his vault already finished or almost finished, don't try to manufacture it as you did on this song. There is no reason to "upgrade" Michael Jackson and no person on earth who could do so. By trying, you are only showing the inadequacies of the people involved with writing songs around MJ's vocal lines. I'm sure that Teddy Riley did not expect the backlash he received. That must have been terribly disappointing to him as well as you. But, it is not a stretch to realize that no one can create another Michael Jackson. Why try?

As a fan, I would buy demos. I can't imagine why you don't want to put out an album of demos if that is what you have. Michael Jackson's brand was mystery and magic. But now that he is gone, I am curious about how he worked as an artist. He told Oprah that, given the opportunity, he'd want to know what made Michelangelo tick. I would like to know what made Michael Jackson, the artist, tick.

I have listened to every demo available on YouTube. I love listening to the progression of work on a song like Billie Jean. And personally, I think the demo of Working Day and Night is far better than the album version. Demos help us to see into Michael the musician. Armond White said we became "unmoored" as a society with MJ's death. Hearing how he worked musically would help to stabilize us again.

Also, you have innumerable hours of film documentation of Michael recording and working. You probably have material for several documentaries. Why not issue something like that if you don't have enough completed songs to release? The fans want Michael, not someone else. Please accord us more respect than you have with Breaking News.

And what about songs from previous albums that were completed but not used because they didn't fit into the flow of the album? Streetwalker was fantastic. Surely there are more like that?

I hope you will realize that you can do far better by Michael Jackson. As a potential customer of yours, I would rather have you take the time you need to do it right. Perhaps you have realized that what you thought would be good did not turn out the way you hoped. There is no shame in going back to the drawing board and starting again. Michael deserves no less. "

http://www.huffingtonpost(...)781364.html#comments
Live now. Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again. JL Picard
pi_88575939
quote:
Op woensdag 10 november 2010 22:08 schreef Janena het volgende:
hier iemand met een interessante kijk op breaking news:

My letter to Sony:

"I was so disappointed hearing Breaking News yesterday. It was instantly clear that a song had been built around an incomplete and unprofessionally recorded vocal line sung by MJ. Why you would choose to have incomplete vocal lines turned into songs rather than release MJ's own demos or previously recorded but unreleased work is beyond my understanding. As a fan, I am interested in Michael. If I wanted Teddy Riley's music, I would purchase albums by Teddy Riley. But, I want Michael Jackson's music, not a Teddy Riley cover of a Michael Jackson vocal line. Personally, I will not buy the album. I would however, buy anything that is truly a product from Michael, whether unfinished or not.

Rather than have you think I am complaining about Michael's voice being authentic or not, let me clarify what I heard and why I object to the song:

When MJ used media clips in the past in his songs, he used the voices in a rhythmic way, layering them so a word here or there would pop out and catch the listener's attention and the other words would fade into a rhythmic tapestry. That is not the case in this song. One pundit's line is followed by the next with no resemblance to spoken music at all. MJ would never do anything that amateurish and it instantly marked the song as someone else's work.

In addition, it is irritating to listen to that introduction more than a couple of times, which never occurs when MJ uses the spoken word as musical rhythm. I now skip over the first 36 seconds of the song.

Michael never used a flat rhythm section. By flat, I mean a rhythm section that sets up a beat and keeps that beat front and center, unvarying, for the whole song. That is a trademark of standard pop songs, but not one that MJ ever used. He was a master at creating a contrapuntal tapestry that moved in and out of focus in terms of musical importance. Having a drum beat in your face for the whole song immediately signifies another artist and not Michael.

In addition, Michael gave meticulous attention to sonic personality & the soundbox. He placed his complex rhythms (which this song also does not have) all over the soundbox & front, back, left and right, and top and nbottom. This song has a left-right pan and nothing else. There is no depth or height. As I said, it is flat, two dimensional. Also, the quality of sound in MJ's songs is exceptional, lots of warmth and depth. This song does not have that.

When Michael used other instruments he used the best players in the business. The string and brass players on this song are woefully inadequate. They enter late on the beat, play out of tune, and the first trumpet even splats his line. Los Angeles is a brass town. They have the best trumpeters in the world in the studios. C'mon. You could have done better than that! The lack of quality of playing on this song is demeaning to Michael's name.

The song's arrangement is also questionable. The chromatic passages sound out of place. The balance between instruments is two-dimensional again, it is off. Again, it is an issue of inadequate production. Musical decisions about what to bring to the foreground to hold interest are amateurish and sound like they were made in a hurry. I guess quality was sacrificed for speed and cost, also something Michael would never do.

Michael was also a sound innovator. He constantly explored the world of sound and prided himself on using sounds that had never been heard before and could not be duplicated by anyone. But he did not do that randomly. The sounds he chose for each song made musical sense. They were not chosen for their uniqueness only, but for how their uniqueness contributed to the whole musical experience.

The sounds in this song seem to have been pulled out of a sound catalogue for the sake of using other sounds and not for the sake of creating new and vibrant musical color.

And, perhaps the most important musical issue that caused a pit to form in my stomach when I listened to this song for the first time was the noise. In my opinion, Michael was a symphonic genius. It has been almost a hundred years since the world has had a composer who has known how to layer melodic lines in a complex contrapuntal tapestry, building up to powerful climaxes of sound. His songs are as rich as late-romantic symphony composers. But, this song is just too busy. It has a lot going on all at once and that produces just a loud noise effect. Perhaps that is common in the pop world (and by pop I mean all popular music), but Michael never did that, ever. One of the things that keeps me listening to Michael's songs over and over is that I always hear something new in the complexity of textures, timbres, melodies and rhythm. What fantastic creativity! All of that is lacking in this song. It is tiresome to listen to because of the noise factor.

I actually cried hearing Breaking News for the first time. It made me feel like Michael had died all over again.

The Estate and Sony have a wonderful opportunity here. You have one of the world's greatest artists' legacies to preserve. I think you are taking the wrong approach. It is not your job to try to create a "current" MJ or a "mature" MJ. If that doesn't exist in his vault already finished or almost finished, don't try to manufacture it as you did on this song. There is no reason to "upgrade" Michael Jackson and no person on earth who could do so. By trying, you are only showing the inadequacies of the people involved with writing songs around MJ's vocal lines. I'm sure that Teddy Riley did not expect the backlash he received. That must have been terribly disappointing to him as well as you. But, it is not a stretch to realize that no one can create another Michael Jackson. Why try?

As a fan, I would buy demos. I can't imagine why you don't want to put out an album of demos if that is what you have. Michael Jackson's brand was mystery and magic. But now that he is gone, I am curious about how he worked as an artist. He told Oprah that, given the opportunity, he'd want to know what made Michelangelo tick. I would like to know what made Michael Jackson, the artist, tick.

I have listened to every demo available on YouTube. I love listening to the progression of work on a song like Billie Jean. And personally, I think the demo of Working Day and Night is far better than the album version. Demos help us to see into Michael the musician. Armond White said we became "unmoored" as a society with MJ's death. Hearing how he worked musically would help to stabilize us again.

Also, you have innumerable hours of film documentation of Michael recording and working. You probably have material for several documentaries. Why not issue something like that if you don't have enough completed songs to release? The fans want Michael, not someone else. Please accord us more respect than you have with Breaking News.

And what about songs from previous albums that were completed but not used because they didn't fit into the flow of the album? Streetwalker was fantastic. Surely there are more like that?

I hope you will realize that you can do far better by Michael Jackson. As a potential customer of yours, I would rather have you take the time you need to do it right. Perhaps you have realized that what you thought would be good did not turn out the way you hoped. There is no shame in going back to the drawing board and starting again. Michael deserves no less. "

http://www.huffingtonpost(...)781364.html#comments
Ik heb het helemaal doorgelezen en ben het er totaal mee eens.
Breaking News heeft niet de perfectie die MJ wel heeft.

Wat betreft de demo's.
Ik zelf vind het wel een goed idee om de demo's uitbrengen (remastered oid).
Die CD zou ik zeker halen.
pi_88575995
Zo. Wat een adequate beschrijving van de situatie.

Hoewel de beste man Michael misschien iets te hoog heeft zitten, verwoordt hij precies wat wij fans voelen bij het horen van Breaking News.

quote:
I would like to know what made Michael Jackson, the artist, tick.
Spijker op de kop.
pi_88576409
Ook ik ben het er compleet mee eens. Goed geschreven en een waarheid als een koe. Dit is precies wat mij dwars zit (meer nog dan of het nou wel of niet Michael's echte vocals zijn): dat dit geen MJ nummer is.

Elk nummer van Michael dat wij kenden was of door hem geproduceerd of mede door hem geproduceerd. Hij was er altijd van begin tot eind bij. Om nu een paar opgenomen vocals (een demo mag je het misschien nog niet eens noemen?) af te stoffen en er een hele track omheen te bouwen, dat is alsof je één zin geschreven door Shakespeare verwerkt in een Sinterklaasgedicht en dan zegt dat het een nieuw sonnet van Shakespeare is.

Het is gewoon geen Michael, het is alleen zijn stem met een hoop poep eromheen ;( En misschien is het zelfszijn stem niet eens :(
  woensdag 10 november 2010 @ 22:43:04 #265
279726 Robijn48
Music was my first love
pi_88576428

[ Bericht 100% gewijzigd door Robijn48 op 10-11-2010 22:44:17 ]
Leef en Laten Leven
pi_88576506
quote:
1s.gif Op woensdag 10 november 2010 22:42 schreef gifkwal het volgende:

Het is gewoon geen Michael, het is alleen zijn stem met een hoop poep eromheen ;( En misschien is het zelfszijn stem niet eens :(
Het is wel Michael denk ik. In de a capella in ieder geval. Maar het is zo duidelijk dat er gewoon wat muziek omheen is gepleurd, dat het pijnlijk is om te luisteren.
  woensdag 10 november 2010 @ 22:45:17 #267
279726 Robijn48
Music was my first love
pi_88576524
quote:
1s.gif Op woensdag 10 november 2010 22:33 schreef R4m0n_46 het volgende:

[..]

Ik heb het helemaal doorgelezen en ben het er totaal mee eens.
Breaking News heeft niet de perfectie die MJ wel heeft.

Wat betreft de demo's.
Ik zelf vind het wel een goed idee om de demo's uitbrengen (remastered oid).

Die CD zou ik zeker halen.
Dat zou zeker tof zijn...maar dan moeten de demo's wel goed genoeg zijn qua kwaliteit.
En wie weet was dat nou niet het geval bij Breaking News. En is daarom de zang-van wat blijkt- die ander erbij gehaald.
Leef en Laten Leven
pi_88576581
quote:
1s.gif Op woensdag 10 november 2010 22:45 schreef Robijn48 het volgende:

[..]

Dat zou zeker tof zijn...maar dan moeten de demo's wel goed genoeg zijn qua kwaliteit.
Hoeft geeneens. Ik zou juist de rauwe demo's waarin hij gewoon een beetje improviseert en uitprobeert pareltjes vinden, waar ik nog geld voor zou betalen ook.

Of studiobeelden van opnames. :9~
  woensdag 10 november 2010 @ 22:48:18 #269
279726 Robijn48
Music was my first love
pi_88576655
quote:
1s.gif Op woensdag 10 november 2010 22:46 schreef Zapato het volgende:

[..]

Hoeft geeneens. Ik zou juist de rauwe demo's waarin hij gewoon een beetje improviseert en uitprobeert pareltjes vinden, waar ik nog geld voor zou betalen ook.

Of studiobeelden van opnames. :9~
Heb nog wat toegevoegd :)
Oh ik ook, zeker! Zou er gek op zijn...gewoon dat rauwe werk.
Leef en Laten Leven
pi_88576975
Sony zit in een soort impasse.. gaan ze wat onafgemaakte demo's uitbrengen die alleen door een select clubje fans gekocht worden of gaan ze voor het grote publiek en mixen ze wat ze hebben af (en stoten de fans tegen het hoofd want het is geen pure MJ meer) en maken het 'radio friendly'.
Zoals het er nu voor staat gaan ze voor de tweede optie.
standaarddrinker
pi_88577047
quote:
1s.gif Op woensdag 10 november 2010 22:55 schreef DrDentz het volgende:
Sony zit in een soort impasse.. gaan ze wat onafgemaakte demo's uitbrengen die alleen door een select clubje fans gekocht worden of gaan ze voor het grote publiek en mixen ze wat ze hebben af (en stoten de fans tegen de borst want het is geen pure MJ meer) en maken het 'radio friendly'.
Alsof er niet genoeg nummers zijn die niet zo verschrikkelijk verbouwd hoeven te worden om radio-friendly te zijn.

Daarnaast kan allebei ook gewoon. De Hold My Hand's breng je uit, maar de demo's ook. Desnoods in twee versies.
pi_88577241
Maar waarom komen ze dan met zo'n verneukte versie? Als de nieuwe MJ wereldhit er ligt breng je die toch gewoon uit. Snap er niks van hoor.
standaarddrinker
pi_88577307
quote:
Op woensdag 10 november 2010 22:55 schreef DrDentz het volgende:
Sony zit in een soort impasse.. gaan ze wat onafgemaakte demo's uitbrengen die alleen door een select clubje fans gekocht worden of gaan ze voor het grote publiek en mixen ze wat ze hebben af (en stoten de fans tegen het hoofd want het is geen pure MJ meer) en maken het 'radio friendly'.
Precies, en uiteraard is die tweede optie gunstiger. Ik stel mijn verwachtingen van het album maar bij, dan kan het wellicht niet zo tegenvallen ;(
Op woensdag 21 maart 2012 19:42 schreef Drassss het volgende:
Ben ik de enige die steeds Sideboobie leest ipv van Sideshowbobbie
pi_88577352
quote:
Op woensdag 10 november 2010 23:01 schreef DrDentz het volgende:
Maar waarom komen ze dan met zo'n verneukte versie? Als de nieuwe MJ wereldhit er ligt breng je die toch gewoon uit. Snap er niks van hoor.
Misschien gevalletje ''You ain't seen nothing yet'' ?

:')
Op woensdag 21 maart 2012 19:42 schreef Drassss het volgende:
Ben ik de enige die steeds Sideboobie leest ipv van Sideshowbobbie
pi_88577375
quote:
1s.gif Op woensdag 10 november 2010 23:04 schreef Sideshowbobbie het volgende:

[..]

Misschien gevalletje ''You ain't seen nothing yet'' ?

:')
'Keep 'em guessing'
standaarddrinker
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')