abonnement Unibet Coolblue
pi_13557051
quote:
Op dinsdag 30 september 2003 21:06 schreef MasterDisaster het volgende:

[..]

idd, Ik heb Prodigy - The fat of the land en Music for the jilted generation weet iemand welke cd's nog meer

Experience uit 1991 of 1992 - die moet ik ook nog een keer aanschaffen...
Bleuh.
  dinsdag 30 september 2003 @ 22:20:31 #127
44745 Ixnay
On The Hombre
pi_13558424
Maar die eerste cd is toch meer voor echte dance liefhebbers.

Fat Of The Land trok ook veel alternatief publiek. En die zijn daarna ook Music For The Jilted Generation gaan luisteren.
Maar die is toch heel anders als Fat Of The Land, al is het wel relaxte muziek.

donderdag 2 oktober 2003 @ 14:22:42 #128
68950 arievdw
one man army
pi_13596660
quote:
Op dinsdag 30 september 2003 16:38 schreef Mr.Tear het volgende:
Hier wil ik zelf "In the Jungle" , als het goed is is dat de titel van de track, (maar als dat niet zo is weten de fans wel welke track ik bedoel) aan toevoegen. Dat nummer is ook echt dope.
Het nummer wat je bedoeld heet Ruff In The Jungle Bizness en kun je vinden op het album The Prodigy Experience. Op de single van Out Of Space staat een remix van dit nummer, de Uplifting Vibes Remix. Zowel het genoemde album als de single zijn gereleased in november 1992 en zijn beiden nog te krijgen.
[url]http://www.the-prodigy.org[/url]
pi_13624498
quote:
Het nummer wat je bedoeld heet Ruff In The Jungle Bizness en kun je vinden op het album The Prodigy Experience. Op de single van Out Of Space staat een remix van dit nummer, de Uplifting Vibes Remix. Zowel het genoemde album als de single zijn gereleased in november 1992 en zijn beiden nog te krijgen.
Aaight, thanx, dat brengt duidelijkheid in de zaak. Ik ben dan ook een van degenen die Experience naog aan moet schaffen.
Wat ik hier doe?
Uit me nek lullen!
  vrijdag 3 oktober 2003 @ 15:56:15 #130
17051 HAL9000S
you can become gitano...
pi_13624918
Ik kocht experience toen ie net uit was in 1991 geloof ik, nog steeds een van de beste albums allertijden, Jilted vond ik ook nog erg goed en na een tijdje luisteren kon ik fat ook waarderen.
Cop killer
Kill all the cops tonight
Kill them, cop killer
Kill all the cops in sight
pi_13908291
quote:
In april mochten we nog schrijven dat de nieuwe cd van The Prodigy nog voor het jaareinde in de winkels zou liggen. Schrap dat maar al uit jullie agenda's, want de cd is voor onbepaalde tijd uitgesteld. Hoewel de plaat eerst zelfs aangekondigd werd voor mei 2003, liet frontman Liam Howlett weten dat de productie pas een maand of vier geleden begonnen is. Liam hoopt de plaat nu kort na Nieuwjaar te kunnen releasen, maar een vaste datum heeft hij nog niet. The Prodigy's vorige cd 'Fat of the Land' dateert al van 1997. In juli 2002 brak de groep nog even de stilte met de single 'Baby's Got a Temper', maar verzuimde vervolgens voor aansluiting te zorgen. Zanger/weirdo Keith Flint houdt zich intussen onledig met zijn eigen band Flint.
http://www.uptomusic.com/nl/nieuws/

http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/1479749/20031014/prodigy.jhtml?headlines=true

Wat een drama.

pi_13911854
Als die CD net zo gaat worden als 'Baby Got A Temper' dan laat ik 'm al bij voorbaat in de schappen staan. Welke idioot samplet nou zijn eigen nummer?
pi_13911881
quote:
Op donderdag 16 oktober 2003 04:44 schreef PDOA het volgende:
Als die CD net zo gaat worden als 'Baby Got A Temper' dan laat ik 'm al bij voorbaat in de schappen staan. Welke idioot samplet nou zijn eigen nummer?
De oudere (Drum & Bass) nummers van The Prodigy zijn al tig keer gesampled door anderen, dus waarom zouden ze niet een keer iets van zichzelf samplen?
En ik vind het ook geen slecht nummer, perfecte mix van de stijlen van Music For The Jilted Generation en Fat of the Land.
Hoewel ik er geen bezwaar tegen zou hebben als ze op hun nieuwe album ook wat meer terugkijken op hun briljante soundscapes zoals bijvoorbeeld in het nummer The Weather Experience.
"History teaches us that humans behave wisely only once they have exhausted all other alternatives."
pi_15451911
Cool interview met Liam Howlett
Reason!
quote:
A six year hiatus, why?
Well it wasnt a conscious decision or a plan, really; it just happened. We knew there would be downtime after The Fat of the Land we felt we had reached the pinnacle of what Prodigy was, and I myself had my mind set on taking a couple of years off. And then time just flew by, know what I mean?

About 2 years ago I started working again, but soon realized I needed to shift myself out of the formula Id gotten into from working in the same environment all the time. Id written everything in Cubase from 1993 onwards, with a bunch of hardware synths and Akai samplers as my main setup. I sat down and I thought, well... this is just so boring. How can I ever get inspired doing the same old thing? How am I gonna write a fresh, inspired album? Im not enjoying it, its not going anywhere, I hate my studio, I hate all the equipment in it.

For a man with a hardware gear list the size of a small town phone directory, thats a lot of equipment to hate. Liams winding road through the world of music making is one which many of his generation can relate to; he started out with a simple 4-track portastudio and turntables in the 1980s, soon got into synthesizers, and eventually found himself using a Roland W-30 workstation with a whopping 16 seconds worth of sampling time. The entire first album, The Prodigy Experience, was created on just this one keyboard. As the royalties started rolling in, so did the gear and soon enough Liam found himself immersed in a machine park with enough electronics to fill a space cruiser. But, as anyone whos been-there-done-that will know, that can be more of a curse than a blessing.

What got you back on track again?
I bought myself a laptop, which completely reanimated my creative process because I was able to write anywhere I went. At one point someone told me to check out this program Reason, its really back to basics, you should check it out just for fun, you know? So I did I started out just writing beats on it and approached it in a sort of recreational sense, like you would a computer game. Then Id go off somewhere like Scotland or New York and Id take my laptop with me, with all my samples on the hard drive... and then it all just started happening. Reason was just like... it totally refreshed me, it was just amazing. It was like going back to how it was in the beginning. All of a sudden I was writing two or three songs a week, just messing around and having a laff again. I started something with it and got it rocking in ten minutes. That took a lot of pressure off of me. So, to summarize: What got me back on track was A) the laptop, and B) a program that let me feel Ive gone back and taken all the complication out of writing music.

A lot of people feel that way; Reason is like a lifesaver for the bored gearhead musician. You?
Yeah, I couldnt live without it. If Reason hadnt come along I would probably still be in my studio, depressed, going aww bloody ell, dont know what Im gonna do, you know? I dont want to pat Propellerhead on the back too much, but... Reason has literally changed my life, getting me back in the studio and enjoying it all again. Its taken the monotony out of music making and put it into a format where music should be these days no big deal, just something that should be fun to do. Creation is always painful, but this is the least painful way I know of.

What do you think it was in the old days that ultimately sucked the life out of creativity?
It was all so time consuming back then, we were all bogged down in cumbersome processes. Im not very technical I come from a hip hop sort of cut-and-paste background and Im not this big studio guy, its just all in my head. The technology available now frees the mind in the creative sense; Im able to think about the actual song a lot more, rather than just going its gonna take me an hour to do this or that. Music for me these days is quite punk rock, its very DIY, very throwaway. I know Im not creating something thats gonna be around forever. For me and for Prodigy its all about the quick punch in the face, you know?

So, Reason is pretty much the meat of the sound on the new album?
Literally everything youll hear on the new album has been written on Reason. Everything starts there. Eventually we get to a stage where the song is written, and then we thats my producer Neil McClennan and I move it into Tools where we finish off everything, and that works great since Reason integrates with ProTools really well. Everything that comes out of Reason sounds really good, its got this sound, I think a kind of certain... everything sounds like it locks in really good, you know? And that sound we got out of Reason is something that we now and again had to go back to Reason to duplicate; sometimes wed do a thing in ProTools and it just didnt rock it like Reason did, so wed take it out of ProTools and try to duplicate it in Reason instead.

What are your favorite Reason devices?
That would have to be the drum machine and the Dr. REX. I use the REX player all over the place and I just love the way you can mess around with a loop, and I love the way you can sync the LFO to tempo and route it to the filter, we use that on the album a lot. As for the effects, the Scream 4 unit is just the best thing for the type of music Im writing. Definitely the high point of version 2.5 for me. The tape distortion is very good for bass, to give it the edge, its warm...

What, specifically, dont you use Reason for?
When it comes to bass sounds, Im pure analog and I dont use soft synths for bass at all. Theres just no substitute for analog. Instead, Ill take an Oberheim, Moog, Korg MS-20 or something, sample a sequence of it playing, rex it up and then bring that back in Reason and lock it in there. I do occasionally use the softsynths to put melodies down Id say maybe 50% of the synths, the top line and high end stuff, is Reason. I cant as of yet use it for everything obviously you cant record vocals into it but ultimately, what Reason does have by way of limitations is also one of its strong points. It forces your imagination to be more on the board, you have to dig it out of your head rather than just going well, I just cant do that in there. I never saw it that way, I mean if something you want to do is completely off limits then just use another program, no big deal.

Liam has a wish list for things hed like to see in future versions of Reason. One would be the ability to automap non-tonal samples to individual key zones in the NN-XT, for creating drum maps on the fly.

My end note on Reason is, its got this humour about it, its like when somebody showed it to me the first time and said you can keep on building the rack up... I was all, what rack, whatre you on about? I couldnt believe it, it was just such a simple and genius idea. Its so obvious now, isnt it? Love it.

The new Prodigy album Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned is slated for a spring/summer 2004 release."

Source: Propellerheads

pi_15452114
Hij gebruikt gewoon fucking reason voor het nieuwe album!
pi_15452372
quote:
Op dinsdag 16 december 2003 12:13 schreef haaahaha het volgende:
Hij gebruikt gewoon fucking reason voor het nieuwe album!
En dan al die producers maar beweren dat je geen vette sounds eruit krijgt.
  dinsdag 16 december 2003 @ 16:40:09 #137
18413 Summoner
Posterboy of the Apocalypse
pi_15458906
Heh, wie weet hoe dat album gaat klinken...
pi_15459016
quote:
Op dinsdag 16 december 2003 16:40 schreef Summoner het volgende:
Heh, wie weet hoe dat album gaat klinken...
Vast enorm goedkoop, want ik denk dat Liam niet zoveel verstand heeft wat goede muziek is.
  dinsdag 16 december 2003 @ 16:46:56 #139
18413 Summoner
pi_15459153
Ik hoop eigenlijk op een voortzetting van het zware geluid van "The Fat of the Land", misschien wat rockachtige invloeden zoals op "Serial Thrilla" en zo. Maar bovenal hoop ik dat het nieuwe album minstens zo veelzijdig is als de vorige, lekker veel verschillende nummers.
pi_15459414
quote:
Op dinsdag 16 december 2003 16:46 schreef Summoner het volgende:
Ik hoop eigenlijk op een voortzetting van het zware geluid van "The Fat of the Land", misschien wat rockachtige invloeden zoals op "Serial Thrilla" en zo. Maar bovenal hoop ik dat het nieuwe album minstens zo veelzijdig is als de vorige, lekker veel verschillende nummers.
Ik hoop daarintegen dat ze een beetje af gaan stappen van die alternatieve sound en meer de dancesound opzoeken, zoals dat bij Experience en Music For The Jilted Generation de boventoon voerde.

Want vooral nummers zoals Breathe en Firestarter heb ik nou wel gehad, de laatste single vond ik trouwens beroerd. Maar stijl is wat anders dan hoe goed het geproduceerd is, en dat is nog nooit tegengevallen. Het zit allemaal enorm goed in elkaar en ik ben ervan overtuigd dat het komende album ook zo zal zijn.

dinsdag 16 december 2003 @ 17:00:56 #141
18413 Summoner
pi_15459571
Ik vond die laatste single ook beroerd... oninteressante variatie op een oud thema.
pi_15482642
reason
pi_15562246

pi_15562299
quote:
Op zaterdag 20 december 2003 13:18 schreef ruk het volgende:
[afbeelding]

[afbeelding]

[afbeelding]

[afbeelding]

pi_15562336
Dat klopt, MaartenHG.
  zondag 21 december 2003 @ 01:09:57 #146
18413 Summoner
pi_15571450
Leuk om dat nu weer eens terug te lezen.
pi_15583646
Ja, dat is inderdaad leuk om nog eens te lezen, Summoner.
pi_15593225
quote:
Op zaterdag 20 december 2003 13:18 schreef ruk het volgende:
[afbeelding]

[afbeelding]

[afbeelding]

[afbeelding]

leuk om te lezen!
pi_16040612
wie weet of er weer een concert van the prodigy komt? en wie weet wanneer de nieuwe cd uitkomt?
pi_16050801
Intervieuw met Liam, ziet er veelbelovend uit
http://212.67.202.86/~theprod/bb/viewtopic.php?t=687&sid=8214093aee8fc3b4e7c46cc26dd563e4
en
http://www.nekozine.co.uk/3enter.html

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door Vogelman op 07-01-2004 22:03]

abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')