pi_144160392
zie ondertitel :)
  zondag 21 september 2014 @ 10:09:04 #277
172669 Papierversnipperaar
Cafeïne is ook maar een drug.
pi_144746063
quote:
Teenage peace activists among dead in Libya 'black Friday'

Militants assassinate rights workers and army officers while mystery jets launch raids on Tripoli

Two popular young peace activists were among ten prominent Libyan civil rights workers and senior army officers assassinated in the eastern city of Benghazi on Friday, a day that has swiftly become known as Black Friday.

The coordinated killings, a vivid demonstration of the power of militants, took place at a time when the country is in chaos: an Islamist-led coalition is holding Tripoli and the UN has reported that 250,000 have fled the fighting.

Benghazi, Libya's eastern capital, is used to violence after a four-month campaign by a former general, Khalifa Hiftar, against an Islamist militia, Ansar al-Sharia, which is blamed by Washington for the killing two years ago of their ambassador, Chris Stevens. But Friday's mass killing is unprecedented.

The teenage campaigners, Tawfik Ben Saud and Sami Elkawafi, were known for their cheerful efforts to promote peace and democracy and were being mourned by friends yesterday. "I knew Elkawafi, he was a dedicated campaigner. This obviously has the fingerprints of Ansar al-Sharia," said Hasan al-Emin, a Libyan politician who was himself forced to flee to Britain after death threats from a militia. "To kill so many like this, it is really a disaster."

Other victims included five senior army officers; three more officers and a popular moderate imam survived assassination attempts. Some victims were shot from cars, others murdered at fake checkpoints. Ansar al-Sharia, which rejects democracy and proclaimed Benghazi an Islamic emirate in June, has yet to comment on the killings, which have caused sorrow on social media.

"Fighting the urge to just break down and sob. Benghazi drowning in blood and Tripoli drowning in chaos," tweeted Sarah Hussein, a student. An anonymous tweet read: "The reality is if you speak against Islamists in Libya you will get killed."

Libya's parliament – which was obliged to flee to the eastern town of Tobruk after the Islamist-led militia calling itself Libya Dawn captured the capital – called for international help at a conference of western and Arab leaders in Madrid last week. "We are in desperate need, we have a terrible humanitarian situation," said deputy speaker Mohammed Ali Shuhaib. "We want [outside powers] to understand the threat to their countries if Libya becomes a failed state. After the terrorists destroy us they will come for you."

Libya Dawn's leaders insist that they are not a terrorist group, saying they are true to the original aims of the 2011 revolution that overthrew Muammar Gaddafi, and that the newly elected parliament is loyal to Gaddafi.

Western powers, their hands full combating Islamic State (Isis) in Iraq and Syria, are reluctant to contemplate military intervention, but help for Libya's government is arriving. Last week Libya Dawn's positions near Tripoli were bombed by mystery jets: US sources told the New York Times that the jets are sophisticated bombers from the United Arab Emirates via bases in Egypt, something both states deny. But Cairo has warned that it will not tolerate an Islamist takeover of Libya.

Ansar al-Sharia dominates Benghazi but a ring of government forces around the city is tightening: the Islamists are running short of fighters and ammunition and being bombed by the Libyan air force. Some think militant weakness, rather than strength, is behind the mass assassinations, a warning to the government not to launch its threatened offensive to retake the city.

"What [Ansar al-Sharia] is trying to do is decrease pressure on them, especially from the air attacks," said al-Amin. "They are frightening the people who are inside the city."
Free Assange! Hack the Planet
[b]Op dinsdag 6 januari 2009 19:59 schreef Papierversnipperaar het volgende:[/b]
De gevolgen van de argumenten van de anti-rook maffia
pi_144746373
quote:
11s.gif Op maandag 1 september 2014 07:42 schreef Blue_Panther_Ninja het volgende:
The last speech of Muamar Qaddafi

In the name of Allah, the …beneficent, the merciful…

For 40 years, or was it longer, I can’t remember, I did all I could to give people houses, hospitals, schools, and when they were hungry, I gave them food. I even made Benghazi into farmland from the desert, I stood up to attacks from that cowboy Ronald Reagan, when he killed my adopted orphaned daughter, he was trying to kill me, instead he killed that poor innocent child. Then I helped my brothers and sisters from Africa with money for the African Union.

I did all I could to help people Understand the concept of real democracy, where people’s committees ran our country. But that was never enough, as some told me, even people who had 10 room homes, new suits and furniture, were never satisfied, as selfish as they were they wanted more. They told Americans and other visitors, that they needed “democracy” and “freedom” never realizing it was a cut throat system, where the biggest dog eats the rest, but they were enchanted with those words, never realizing that in America, there was no free medicine, no free hospitals, no free housing, no free education and no free food, except when people had to beg or go to long lines to get soup.

No, no matter what I did, it was never enough for some, but for others, they knew I was the son of Gamal Abdel Nasser, the only true Arab and Muslim leader we’ve had since Salah-al-Deen, when he claimed the Suez Canal for his people, as I claimed Libya, for my people, it was his footsteps I tried to follow, to keep my people free from colonial domination – from thieves who would steal from us.
Now, I am under attack by the biggest force in military history, my little African son, Obama wants to kill me, to take away the freedom of our country, to take away our free housing, our free medicine, our free education, our free food, and replace it with American style thievery, called “capitalism” ,but all of us in the Third World know what that means, it means corporations run the countries, run the world, and the people suffer.
---
Artikel gaat verder

Fucking VS,NATO en NWO. Ironie dat een 'dictator' voor niks is gestorven vanwege zogenaamde "democratie". :')
saladin was een koerd, geen arabier...
Ik heb Hem niet uit vrees voor de hel noch uit liefde voor het paradijs gediend, want dan zou ik als de slechte huurling zijn geweest; ik heb hem veeleer gediend in liefde tot Hem en in verlangen naar Hem.
-Rabia Al-Basri
pi_144799759
quote:
What It Means To Be Libyan

Yes, it’s another culture post. I’m a Libyan who’s obsessed with the intellectual revival of my country, okay? While political flame wars are fun, it’s the artistic manifestations of this unstable and contrasting country that piques my interest. I’ve written about our cultural bankruptcy and Libya’s lost literature. And yes, I’ve revisited this topic several times before.

What really pushed me to write about it again was a book, namely Chewing Gum, by Mansour Bushnaf. I stumbled on this book almost by accident. There was a BBC report called “killing books in Libya” in which the author himself describes the dismal state of publishing in the country. My compulsive googling habits led me to discover his recently published book, and my rage at being unable to attain a copy led naturally to a prolonged Twitter rant at the injustice of not being able to buy books written by people in the same country they come from.

But a good samaritan noticed my twitter tirade and compassionately bought me the Kindle version of the book, which you can get here by the way. I won’t review the book here since I’ve already done so on Goodreads, but I do want to highlight my reaction upon reading and finishing it.

First off, since I have the unfortunate habit of underestimating Libyan talent, I was taken aback at the literary prose of the book. This is a translated book by the way, a fate that leaves many a written word stripped of the beauty and context of the original language. But the English prose here is even superior to many native English novels I’ve read. Picking my jaw up off the floor, I continued.

The subject matter, whoa. Prostitution, alcohol, love affairs, class division. Libyans like to pretend that this dark underbelly of society doesn’t exist, despite the overwhelming majority of society having some connection to it. But for someone to write about it, and sympathetically no less, was akin to revelation. Why don’t we talk about it? Why are Libyans so afraid of admitting that our social structure is unhealthy and unjust? If you thought ‘systematic repression that has become too ingrained into our subconscious’, then we’re on the same wavelength.

The novel was also, surprisingly, feminist. The repeated symbol of a woman whose intense passions have broken her down because of society’s inability to support her, was refreshing without being too preachy. And the heroine, Fatma, is a symbol of sacrifice for higher aspirations. Relatability, man.

An aged Libyan man wrote a strong female lead. Take a moment to let that sink in.

The story is actually a novelette, and left me with a thirst for more Libyan storytelling. The raw emotion and honesty in Chewing Gum presents a strong impression of one of the many facets of Libyan identity. Our identity is shaped by our surroundings, which is in turn formed from history. We don’t know much about our history because half of it is buried and the other half is being manipulated for political leverage.

Never mind history books, Libya has virtually no books, let alone some kind of widely available, neutral source of history where we can all read up on the path that led us to this crumbling wasteland of a country. “Those who don’t read history are doomed to repeat it.” I know it’s a trite, overused cliche, but it’s also true.

Libyans wouldn’t be apathetic (I hope) towards these new entities insistent on forcing an Islamist or Western identity if they had read Libya’s history and realized that we’re not insane fundamentalists who obsessively segregate genders or openly engage in debauchery. But the truth is painfully obvious when someone posts a picture of a younger Libya, where, for example, women and men both engage in social activities together, and people quote “Wow, I can’t believe this used to be Libya.”
DSC_0403

We can’t believe it because we don’t know anything about it apart from aged photographs and our grandparent’s vague recollections. Without books, without history, Libyans will be mired in this identity crisis, trying on different cultural standards and discovering that none of them fit just right. We need to know who we are as a people and not wait for someone to tell us, because, news flash, Libya is a tempting place for several countries to manipulate and screw us over.

When you ask a Libyan to describe their society, you’ll often get the answer “we’re conservative”. People mistake this for being religious, when it actually just means that Libyans care about what other people think, which is most certainly not a Islamic trait. And it’s sad that we don’t have a more comprehensive answer, or that we limit ourselves to a very narrow political/religious identity. Even the attempts to describe the current conflict as ‘Islamist vs. Liberal’ is way off the mark, since the average Libyan is more moderate than anything else.

For the last three days there has been a cultural gallery here. I went to see the books available, but was sad to find that that section was gone (I went late on the third day). Instead I perused through the artwork and photography. There was some very impressive stuff (again, underestimated). Ask the average Libyan about famous artists and you might get one or two names at best.

One of the artists told us about a disagreement he had with his father. “He told me that I was wasting my time by painting,” he said, echoing a common reaction in Libya towards the arts and humanities. This is just my opinion, but I strongly, strongly believe that it’s the arts that will help us form a more national identity than any other pursuit.

Religion has played a large role in Libyan identity. So has tribalism, regionalism, politics, and our long history of invasion and occupation. The 2011 revolution provided a chance for us to finally show the world who we are, and in my opinion, we stuttered. Libyan culture is, among other things, an amalgam of outside influences. This will continue to be our predominate image until we start looking back through our history and start forging our own unique identity. One thing that needs to stop is our desperate cling to one homogeneous Libya. We can be united while still being diverse.
Incelfrikandel
  donderdag 25 september 2014 @ 01:45:20 #280
421524 SadPanda
#FreePalestine #FreeBahrain
pi_144881536
quote:
In Post-Qaddafi Libya, It's Stay Silent or Die
On Sept. 19, Benghazi witnessed a string of assassinations that seemed to be coordinated. The assassins targeted military and security personnel as well as civilians. Among those killed were two teenage civil society activists, Sami al-Kawafi and Tawfik Bensaud. They were 17 and 18 years old respectively. Their murders have capped off more than two years of extremist attacks on peace activists and journalists, killings that are endangering any remaining freedoms Libyans still have.
Despite their young age, Tawfik and Sami were described as giants of Libya's nascent civil society. They, like many other activists in Libya, believed in a civil state that guarantees basic human rights and justice for all -- and for speaking their minds about such beliefs, they paid the ultimate price. Other activists of their ilk continue to be kidnapped and are now fleeing the country in search of a sense of safety that they could not find in Libya. Libya's civil society is extremely disorganized and activists usually have nothing to fall back on when their lives and livelihoods are being threatened.
Leaders of the Islamist militias that have been wreaking havoc across Libya have unleashed an army of loyal, unemployed, and mostly uneducated followers to carry out a campaign of intimidation. They are threatening, kidnapping, and targeting the relatives of politicians and civil society activists. "Militia leaders are now using an army of young people who will carry out their orders without any questions," said prominent activist Ahmed Ghedan, who had to flee Libya to Tunisia after he spoke out against the militias.
These foot soldiers have been bribed into joining the militia-gang culture. For activists, dealing with this army of brainwashed criminals is much harder than dealing with the militia bosses, who are leading from behind. The new recruits are clueless about the intent and consequences of their actions, and their loyalty simply lies with those who pay their checks. Political groups with links to the militias are taking advantage of this chaos to take out their opponents one by one.
These same groups are also targeting journalists and activists, who have found their lives and livelihoods threatened in myriad ways. For example, their movement is being restricted, and they have been unable to travel around or out of the country, since airports are still under the control of the militias. Not only does this threaten their reporting ability -- a blow to press freedom -- but the detours require them to travel by land through areas in which they could be stopped, identified, and either prevented from traveling or kidnapped.
Even before being kidnapped or killed, activists live in fear for their lives and the lives of their loved ones. After they leave Libya, they still aren't necessarily safe. Activists and journalists who flee usually struggle financially once they reach safety, and can focus only on survival. That's precisely what these militias and their supporters want -- to force dissenters into silence any way they can. Lately, the very same militias and their leaders have been tracking these activists once they leave the country; the message to the fleeing activists is clear: We know where you are, and we can still get you. And, so far, these tactics seem to be working, based on conversations and meetings that I had this month with activists who fled to Tunisia and Egypt.
This is the grim truth of what Libya has become. As the conflict in the country spirals out of control, the freedom of expression has come under serious attack. A few days before he was killed, Tawfik tweeted something disturbing on his Twitter page: "People are starting to whisper again when they talk about politics or discuss the situation in Libya." That was how it was under Qaddafi. But back then, an activist from Benghazi explained, "if you spoke your mind you could get jailed -- but now, you get killed or have to flee the country. You just live in fear for your life and the lives of your family."
Meanwhile, the international media has utterly failed to take up the mantle and report sufficiently on this issue, while international leaders neglect to address the country's downward spiral. The international community intervened in Libya in 2011 to safeguard civilians and protect human rights from being violated and abused; this is what the international community should be doing now as well. It should hold the perpetrators of these attacks responsible. The Western countries that helped overthrow the Qaddafi regime are now debating whether or not Libya is a failed state. But what better proof could there be of the Libyan state's failure than the cold-blooded murder of these two teenage activists? Their killers walk free, and are unlikely to face justice any time soon. In all likelihood, they have gone right back to their campaign of terror. If this harsh reality is to be changed, the Libyan authorities and the international community that are trying to negotiate a peaceful resolution to the current crisis need to embrace the cause for which Tawfik, Sami, and countless others have died. (In the photo above, two men embrace during Tawfik's funeral on Sept. 20.)
In some of his many social media conversations, Tawfik received suggestions that he should give up and keep silent or leave the country. His response was always something along those lines of "But to whom would we be leaving Libya?" This is the question that the silent majority of Libyans should be asking. It is also the question that the international community and especially Libya's friends in the West should be asking. The answer is simple: We would be handing Libya over to those who violently oppose everything that Tawfik believed in. We would be leaving Libya to extremist groups that would not hesitate to brutally murder anyone for believing in a Libya that respects human life.
http://transitions.foreig(...)&utm_campaign=buffer
Wat een vrijheid heeft de 'revolutie' gebracht. _O_ Nog slechter dan onder Gaddafi. ^O^
Anti-Turkije
  donderdag 25 september 2014 @ 06:39:15 #281
172669 Papierversnipperaar
Cafeïne is ook maar een drug.
pi_144881975
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 25 september 2014 01:45 schreef SadPanda het volgende:

[..]

Wat een vrijheid heeft de 'revolutie' gebracht. _O_ Nog slechter dan onder Gaddafi. ^O^
Je hebt gelijk. Het is veel beter om jarenlang gemarteld te worden dan meteen afgeschoten te worden :')
Free Assange! Hack the Planet
[b]Op dinsdag 6 januari 2009 19:59 schreef Papierversnipperaar het volgende:[/b]
De gevolgen van de argumenten van de anti-rook maffia
  zondag 28 september 2014 @ 12:00:46 #282
421524 SadPanda
pi_144977678
UNSMILibya twitterde op donderdag 25-09-2014 om 17:32:44 Ban Ki-moon on #Libya: More than 300,000 people are displaced. Airports, Govt. buildings & other vital infrastructure have been destroyed reageer retweet
hananHRW twitterde op donderdag 25-09-2014 om 17:21:38 pt #UN: #Tunisia FM says 2 million #Libyans now in his country, putting pressure on limited resources, asks intl' community for help reageer retweet
Anti-Turkije
  dinsdag 30 september 2014 @ 18:13:22 #283
421524 SadPanda
pi_145061428
Anti-Turkije
  zaterdag 4 oktober 2014 @ 18:46:28 #284
421524 SadPanda
  woensdag 8 oktober 2014 @ 20:01:31 #285
421524 SadPanda
pi_145341075
borzou twitterde op woensdag 08-10-2014 om 17:09:24 #Egypt & #Libya PMs in Cairo today agreed to Egyptian training for Libyan forces fighting against Islamic extremists, state TV reporting reageer retweet
Anti-Turkije
  donderdag 9 oktober 2014 @ 19:59:07 #286
421524 SadPanda
pi_145374082
Zinvor twitterde op donderdag 09-10-2014 om 19:56:21 There have been 1859 violent deaths in #Libya in 2014 according to a website that tracks near daily killings. http://t.co/VDfrxH8q3J reageer retweet
Anti-Turkije
  vrijdag 10 oktober 2014 @ 13:39:44 #287
343860 UpsideDown
Baas Boven Baas
pi_145393921
quote:
Libiërs massaal op de vlucht voor geweld Tripoli

Ongeveer honderdduizend mensen zijn de afgelopen weken op de vlucht geslagen voor het aanhoudende geweld bij de Libische hoofdstad Tripoli.

Dat meldde VN-vluchtelingenorganisatie Unhcr vrijdag. Ook op andere plaatsen in het Noord-Afrikaanse land zoeken Libiërs massaal een veilig heenkomen.

''Doordat het aantal gevechten tussen rivaliserende groepen toeneemt in een aantal Libische gebieden, zien we steeds meer ontheemden'', aldus de VN-organisatie. Het zou gaan om 289.000 mensen.

De meeste vluchtelingen zouden onderdak vinden bij familieleden. Andere ontheemde Libiërs slapen noodgedwongen in parken, scholen en andere gebouwen.

Door: ANP
Say what?
pi_145430231
Eljarh twitterde op zaterdag 11-10-2014 om 15:47:28 #Confirmed: Ban Ki Moon arrived in #Tripoli to meet with boycotting HoR members before heading to #Tobruk to meet with HoR. #Libya reageer retweet
Eljarh twitterde op zaterdag 11-10-2014 om 15:53:23 HoR member Saleh Hashim: Ban Ki Moon's visit is to reaffirm UN & Intl community's commitment to dialogue & help resolve #Libya's crisis. reageer retweet
Eljarh twitterde op zaterdag 11-10-2014 om 15:56:25 High level meeting in #Tripoli including HoR's 1st deputy Emhemed Shaib, UN SG & boycotting HoR members along with other diplomats. #Libya reageer retweet
Eljarh twitterde op zaterdag 11-10-2014 om 15:57:39 Ki Moon's tour is supposed to include the following stops in #Libya: 1-Tripoli 2-Misrata 3-Tobruk. Part of UN's recent dialogue initiative. reageer retweet
Incelfrikandel
  woensdag 15 oktober 2014 @ 18:22:08 #289
343860 UpsideDown
Baas Boven Baas
pi_145575772
quote:
Veldslag in tweede stad van Libië

Toegevoegd: woensdag 15 okt 2014, 17:37

In de tweede stad van Libië, Benghazi, woedt al de hele dag een felle strijd tussen radicaal-islamitische milities en troepen van oud-generaal Haftar. Die kondigde gisteren aan de stad te gaan heroveren op de islamisten.

Benghazi is sinds deze zomer in handen van de radicale milities, die zich hebben verenigd binnen één coalitie. Alleen kleine delen van de stad en de luchthaven van Benghazi zijn nog in regeringshanden.

Egypte
Inwoners van de stad melden tegen internationale persbureaus dat er in verschillende wijken wordt gevochten. Ook zouden er gevechtsvliegtuigen over de stad vliegen. Volgens persbureau AP zijn het Egyptische toestellen.

Egypte, Saudi-Arabië en de Verenigde Arabische Emiraten zouden de milities actief steunen; Turkije en Qatar staan juist aan de kant van de regering.

Strijders van Ansar al-Sharia, een van de milities, zouden vanmiddag een legerbasis hebben aangevallen. Ansar al-Sharia wordt door de VS verantwoordelijk gehouden voor de aanval op het Amerikaanse consulaat in Benghazi in 2012, waarbij de ambassadeur en drie andere Amerikanen omkwamen.

Parlement gevlucht
De gewapende milities in Libië maken een centraal bestuur van het land onmogelijk sinds de val van oud-dictator Kadhafi. Ook in de hoofdstad Tripoli heeft de regering niets meer te zeggen. Een militie afkomstig uit Misrata, een stad ten oosten van Tripoli, maakt daar de dienst uit.

De Libische regering en het parlement zijn naar Tobruk gevlucht, in het noordoosten van het land bij de grens met Egypte.
Say what?
pi_145582826
Hoe kan het dat rebellen en/of opstandelingen het na eeuwen dezelfde geschiedenis strijd nog altijd niet begrijpen dat je met wapens en terreur juist een volgende tiran aan de macht helpt?
Aangezien je bezig bent volk aan zijde te winnen (eerst de strijdlustigste), dus ontstaan er verzetshaarden, bewegingen in de bevolking. Die bewegingen gaan op een dag via de politiek worden doorgeorganiseert achter een nieuwe leiderfiguur.

Dit soort herhalende revolutionaire bewegingen gaan weer tot een tiraniek regiem leiden, maar dan veel sterker georganiseert als onder Ghadaffi.
Met vallen en opstaan (dus een revolutionair proces, via verzet en een strijd) krijg je nooit vrijheid te zien als bevolking, maar een oorlog via massa-organistie via politiek of een opvolgende revolutie.

Je kan wel raden wie er achter de rebellengroepen zitten (wapens en geld volop), heersers, aangezien de geschiedenis in en rond het Midden Oosten de meeste imperia ooit heeft gekent.
De rebellen helpen al lachende (soms euforisch) de heersers, geloven blijkbaar werkelijk dat zij dadelijk de bevolking hebben bevrijdt, maar zonder het te beseffen organiseren zij de bevolking voor de heersers.
  zondag 19 oktober 2014 @ 13:16:55 #291
421524 SadPanda
pi_145696828
Libya PM: Military forces united to recapture Tripoli, Benghazi
http://english.al-akhbar.(...)Al+Akhbar+English%29
Anti-Turkije
pi_145698183
quote:
VS en EU-landen veroordelen geweld in Libië

De Verenigde Staten en vier andere landen hebben in sterke bewoordingen het geweld in Libië veroordeeld. De VS, Frankrijk, Italië, Duitsland en Groot-Brittannië roepen op tot een onmiddellijk einde van alle vijandigheden.

In de gezamenlijke verklaring schrijven de naties dat de hard bevochten vrijheid in het Noord-Afrikaanse land op het spel staat als terreurbewegingen Libisch grondgebied straffeloos kunnen gebruiken als toevluchtsoord en uitvalsbasis. De landen zeggen klaar te zijn om sancties op te leggen aan iedereen die de vrede, stabiliteit en veiligheid in Libië bedreigt.

Er wordt al dagen in en rondom de stad Benghazi gevochten tussen islamistische milities en troepen die trouw zweren aan generaal Khalifa Hifter. De afgelopen drie dagen zijn tientallen mensen door het geweld om het leven gekomen. Ook elders in het land woeden gevechten tussen islamistische en regeringsgezinde strijders.
Bron: VS en EU-landen veroordelen geweld in Libië

Poe.. sancties. Dat zal die moslim extremisten leren :')

[ Bericht 6% gewijzigd door #ANONIEM op 19-10-2014 13:57:49 ]
  zondag 19 oktober 2014 @ 15:24:13 #293
408238 Gabrunal_2013
this is my home
pi_145700750
Absurd dat men het nog steeds heft over verworven "vrijheid" .. De vrijheid was er onder khadaffi, dit is de mensen juist ontnomen.. Ik denk dat er een westerse interventie zit aan te komen overigens. De grote vluchtelingenstromen, het extremisme zullen gestopt moeten worden. Impliciet zal men hier de fout van het wegbombarderen van khadaffi erkennen, maar men kan niet anders meer. Let op mijn woorden, ikvoorspel binnnen nu en 3 maanden westerse troepen in Libie.
  maandag 20 oktober 2014 @ 10:09:01 #294
421524 SadPanda
pi_145725586
Benghazi clashes leave 75 dead in five days
Nine people were killed Sunday in new violence in Benghazi where pro-government forces have launched an offensive against Islamist militias, raising the toll to 75 dead in five days, medics said.

In the latest violence a woman was killed in a bomb attack that targeted the vacant house of former general Khalifa Haftar, the commander of the offensive launched Wednesday, a military source said.

The woman was walking past the house with her daughter, who was wounded in the bombing, said the Benghazi Medical Centre, adding that it had also received the bodies of eight other people including two soldiers.

Fierce fighting raged in several parts of Libya's second city between pro-government forces led by Haftar and Islamist militias, an AFP correspondent and witnesses said.

Air raids carried out by units of the air force loyal to Haftar pounded Islamist positions.

Abdullah al-Thani, Libya's internationally-recognized prime minister, expressed Saturday his frustration over a lack of support from the international community, calling for foreign weapons and assistance in the fight against the Islamists.

"All military forces have been placed under army command to liberate Tripoli and Benghazi soon, inshallah (God willing)," Thani told AFP in a telephone interview from the eastern town of al-Baida.
http://english.al-akhbar.(...)Al+Akhbar+English%29
Anti-Turkije
pi_145732744
quote:
1s.gif Op zondag 19 oktober 2014 15:24 schreef Gabrunal_2013 het volgende:
Absurd dat men het nog steeds heft over verworven "vrijheid" .. De vrijheid was er onder khadaffi, dit is de mensen juist ontnomen.. Ik denk dat er een westerse interventie zit aan te komen overigens. De grote vluchtelingenstromen, het extremisme zullen gestopt moeten worden. Impliciet zal men hier de fout van het wegbombarderen van khadaffi erkennen, maar men kan niet anders meer. Let op mijn woorden, ikvoorspel binnnen nu en 3 maanden westerse troepen in Libie.
Daar zou je weleens gelijk in kunnen hebben.
pi_145735064
quote:
0s.gif Op maandag 20 oktober 2014 14:10 schreef J0kkebr0k het volgende:

[..]

Daar zou je weleens gelijk in kunnen hebben.
Ik heb tot op heden weinig verantwoordelijkheidsbesef kunnen bespeuren bij de humanitaire bommengooiers van toen. Het is ook niet zo dat ze tot verantwoording worden geroepen door kritische media of zo. Een ingrijpen zal dan ook afhankelijk zijn van directe belangen die in het geding zijn.
Wees gehoorzaam. Alleen samen krijgen we de vrijheid eronder.
  maandag 20 oktober 2014 @ 17:26:30 #297
421524 SadPanda
pi_145740602
Libya's parliament allies with renegade general, struggling to assert authority
Libya's beleaguered elected parliament has declared a formal alliance with a renegade former general, as it struggles to assert some authority in a country many fear is sliding into outright civil war.

Three years after the overthrow of Muammar Gaddafi, the oil-producing desert state is in chaos, with Islamists and other militias fighting for territory and influence and the regular armed forces reduced to near-impotence.

One faction has seized Tripoli, setting up its own assembly and administration in the capital and forcing the internationally-recognised government to take refuge in the east of the country.

Khalifa Haftar, a former general under Gaddafi, is one of dozens of commanders of irregular forces calling the shots in the country. Last week, his forces launched a new offensive against Islamist militias in the eastern city of Benghazi.

The House of Representatives, Libya's elected parliament which has relocated to Tobruk in the far east, has endorsed Haftar's Operation Dignity against Islamists, giving him an official role, parliament spokesman Farraj Hashem said.

"Operation Dignity is leading officers and soldiers of the Libyan army ... Operation Dignity is an operation of the Libyan army," he said late on Sunday.

The move appears in contradiction to past calls from the House of Representatives for all militias to be disarmed to help restore order and rebuild the state.
http://uk.reuters.com/art(...)d&utm_medium=twitter
Anti-Turkije
  maandag 20 oktober 2014 @ 21:52:58 #298
421524 SadPanda
pi_145753682
Gaddafi cousin hopes to participate in Libyan peace talks
http://www.reuters.com/ar(...)dUSKCN0I91TM20141020
Anti-Turkije
  maandag 20 oktober 2014 @ 22:01:05 #299
421524 SadPanda