abonnementen ibood.com bol.com Gearbest
  Moderator woensdag 19 juli 2017 @ 12:26:13 #101
27682 crew  Bosbeetle
terminaal verdwaald
pi_172524013
registreer om deze reclame te verbergen
Today we’re tripping out to ‘Gone & Passes By’. Despite their obvious Rolling Stones fixations, vintage TV footage of the Chocolate Watchband shows glassy-eyed singer Dave Aguilar performing in the kind of heightened state that even Jagger & Co. woulda saved for AFTER their performance! Genuinely psychedelic but manipulated every which way by Machiavellian producer Ed Cobb, the Watchband you hear on disc is often not the Watchband at all, being instead several of Cobb’s associates getting down while the real band was out fulfilling tour commitments. Nevertheless, their three studio LPs all demand proper attention, and their debut LP NO WAY OUT – whence comes this classic – is especially recommended for its robust riffage and musical consistency.

En mochten we vallen dan is het omhoog. - Krang (uit: Pantani)
My favourite music is the music I haven't yet heard - John Cage
Water: ijskoud de hardste - Gehenna
LPs | CDs
  Moderator donderdag 20 juli 2017 @ 09:38:34 #102
27682 crew  Bosbeetle
terminaal verdwaald
pi_172544222
Vandaag herinneren we ons de dood van dieter moebius

DEATH OF DIETER MOEBIUS
The communal aspects of Krautrock have ensured that most of the greatest output of that genre will always be perceived as acts of union, as beautiful collective statements. It is fitting, therefore, that it is upon the slender shoulders of Dieter Moebius that representing all of Krautrock for the SydArthur Festival has fallen. It is righteous indeed, for like so many of his immediate contemporaries, Moebius was a multi-tasking, multi-genre-splitting high achiever of the first order. He always chose his collaborators well: Tangerine Dream’s Conrad Schnitzler, Can’s Holger Czukay, Neu’s Michael Rother, legendary Krautrock producer Conny Plank and of course his Cluster colleague Hans-Joachim Roedelius. Aspirational in everything, Moebius even gave away his own art credits – never laying claim to some of those pop art classics we most adore: Harmonia’s debut and Cluster II included.

It was written by Werner Pieper, former manager of Amon Düül II, that Krautrockers – as the children of “Adolf Hitler’s footfolk” – were musicians who needed to create music so intense and cleansing that it absolved them all of their forefathers’ sins. This demand for freedom within their art was both righteous and deliberate: it should never be forgotten, for it is at the very heart of what constitutes “Krautrock”. And out of this need and demand, Krautrockers created their own medicines and meditations with which to sooth their tortured souls. How this music has endured. Its pop art ingredients being so all-pervasive – industrial sounds, urban traffic noise, western TV, the weather itself – has ensured that however visceral the genre became, it has by this time in the 21st century continued to serve the musical underground through the sheer powerdrive of its execution. Whether soft or hard, Krautrock is always extreme.

The incendiary collective power of Krautrock and those involved was achieved only at the expense of Europe’s sanity. For without Hitler’s World Fuck Up, there would never have been a need for future German youth to create such a vivid musical dance. Unless the world is enduring similar problems, we cannot therefore hope to witness artists of such calibre in the future.

en luisteren we naar pärson sound

Today we’re listening to the still-futuristic ‘Tio Minuter’. Making their music not in the rock’n’roll clubs but from the la-de-da surroundings of Sweden’s Modern Museum, the slow-burning career of Pärson Sound was the result of a mid-60’s collaboration between avant-garde composers Terry Riley and Bo Anders Persson, the latter assembling suitable musicians for the project from Stockholm’s underground scene. When Riley moved on, Andy Warhol moved in … to his 1967 Swedish exhibition, for which he commissioned Persson to provide an appropriate soundtrack. Earlier even than Tokyo’s Taj Mahal Travellers, Pärson Sound cannibalized the tumult of the Velvet Underground’s ‘All Tomorrow’s Parties’ even more thoroughly than MONSTER MOVIE-period Can. Strung out, burned out, inchoate and stumbling – Pärson Sound was a full three decades ahead of their time. How bothersome for them!
LPs | CDs
  donderdag 20 juli 2017 @ 09:55:22 #103
226981 Gehenna
Volksmenner
pi_172544556
hehe ik vind dat Pärson Sound juist typisch jaren '60 en daardoor lekker nostalgisch klinken :P
  Moderator donderdag 20 juli 2017 @ 10:01:05 #104
27682 crew  Bosbeetle
terminaal verdwaald
pi_172544658
registreer om deze reclame te verbergen
quote:
10s.gif Op donderdag 20 juli 2017 09:55 schreef Gehenna het volgende:
hehe ik vind dat Pärson Sound juist typisch jaren '60 en daardoor lekker nostalgisch klinken :P
Denk dat meneer cope niet iets meer krautig klinkends kon vinden uit 1967 :D
LPs | CDs
  Moderator vrijdag 21 juli 2017 @ 09:23:08 #105
27682 crew  Bosbeetle
terminaal verdwaald
pi_172568111
Today let’s celebrate the extravagant sound of Circus Maximus, whose debut LP combined the traditional songs of Jerry Jeff ‘Mr Bojangles’ Walker and the mighty guitar of avant-garde artist Bob Bruno. But while the raga-spew avalanche of ‘Travellin’ Around’ ensured that no listener could ever forget, the poor distribution of the band’s label Vanguard Records guaranteed that few even got the chance to hear. Indeed, J. Cope bought his mint unplayed copy for 80p a full 11 years after its release!

LPs | CDs
abonnementen ibood.com bol.com Gearbest
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')