abonnement Unibet Coolblue
pi_160542825
Paul's mooie woorden op zijn website over George Martin:

quote:
I’m so sad to hear the news of the passing of dear George Martin. I have so many wonderful memories of this great man that will be with me forever. He was a true gentleman and like a second father to me. He guided the career of The Beatles with such skill and good humour that he became a true friend to me and my family. If anyone earned the title of the fifth Beatle it was George. From the day that he gave The Beatles our first recording contract, to the last time I saw him, he was the most generous, intelligent and musical person I’ve ever had the pleasure to know.

It’s hard to choose favourite memories of my time with George, there are so many but one that comes to mind was the time I brought the song 'Yesterday’ to a recording session and the guys in the band suggested that I sang it solo and accompany myself on guitar. After I had done this George Martin said to me, "Paul I have an idea of putting a string quartet on the record". I said, “Oh no George, we are a rock and roll band and I don’t think it’s a good idea”. With the gentle bedside manner of a great producer he said to me, "Let us try it and if it doesn’t work we won’t use it and we’ll go with your solo version". I agreed to this and went round to his house the next day to work on the arrangement.

He took my chords that I showed him and spread the notes out across the piano, putting the cello in the low octave and the first violin in a high octave and gave me my first lesson in how strings were voiced for a quartet. When we recorded the string quartet at Abbey Road, it was so thrilling to know his idea was so correct that I went round telling people about it for weeks. His idea obviously worked because the song subsequently became one of the most recorded songs ever with versions by Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Ray Charles, Marvin Gaye and thousands more.

This is just one of the many memories I have of George who went on to help me with arrangements on 'Eleanor Rigby', 'Live and Let Die' and many other songs of mine.

I am proud to have known such a fine gentleman with such a keen sense of humour, who had the ability to poke fun at himself. Even when he was Knighted by the Queen there was never the slightest trace of snobbery about him.

My family and I, to whom he was a dear friend, will miss him greatly and send our love to his wife Judy and their kids Giles and Lucy, and the grandkids.

The world has lost a truly great man who left an indelible mark on my soul and the history of British music.

God bless you George and all who sail in you!

Paul
http://www.paulmccartney.(...)ney-on-george-martin
  woensdag 9 maart 2016 @ 15:28:48 #52
228665 Peter88Online
You may say I'm a dreamer
pi_160543030
Ik ben het er mee eens dat hij zeker de titel 'Fifth Beatle' verdient. Al kan ik mij herinneren dat Paul eerder over Brian Epstein zei: 'If anyone earned the title of the fifth Beatle it was him'.
“Tomorrow there’ll be sunshine, And all this darkness past”
  woensdag 9 maart 2016 @ 17:35:33 #53
228665 Peter88Online
pi_160546020
Eindelijk is er mee bekend over een nieuwe tournee getiteld 'One On One'.

http://www.paulmccartney.(...)n-one-tour-confirmed

quote:
PAUL McCARTNEY 'ONE ON ONE'
First Dates Of New Tour Confirmed

NORTH AMERICA:
13th April: SaveMart Arena - Fresno, CA
15th April: Moda Center - Portland, OR
17th April: Key Arena- Seattle, WA
19th April: Rogers Arena - Vancouver, BC
20th April: Rogers Arena - Vancouver, BC
30th April: Verizon Arena - Little Rock, AR
02nd May: Denny Sanford Premier Center - Sioux Falls, SD

GERMANY:
28th May: Esprit Arena - Dusseldorf
10th June: Olympic Stadium - Munich
14th June: Waldbuhne - Berlin

Paul McCartney has confirmed the first dates of his brand new 'One On One' tour.

As with the launch of every new Paul McCartney tour, 'One On One' promises to unveil a dazzling re-designed set, dozens of classics from the most beloved catalog in popular music, spanning Paul's entire career - as a solo artist, member of Wings and of course as a Beatle - and no shortage of surprises.

'One On One' will open 13th April with Paul's first ever appearance in Fresno, CA at the SaveMart Arena. On 15th April, Paul will play the Moda Center in Portland, OR, ending the near-11-year stretch since his last show in the Rose City on the US Tour in 2005. The 'One On One' tour will then proceed to Seattle, WA, for an April 17 evening at the Key Arena, a return engagement Seattle has been anxiously awaiting since the last notes of the encore featuring the living members of Nirvana that wrapped Paul's sold out Safeco Field extravaganza in 2013. On 19th April, Paul will roll into the Rogers Arena in Vancouver BC, returning to Vancouver for the first time since the magical evening at the BC Place Stadium during the final week of his 'On The Run' tour in 2012. And on 30th April and 2nd May, Paul will visit two more U.S. cities for the very first time, appearing respectively at the Verizon Arena in Little Rock, AR, and the Denny Sanford Premier Center in Sioux Falls, SD.

'One On One' will then travel to Dusseldorf, Germany on 28th May with Paul's first appearance there since 1972. On Friday 10th June Paul will return to Munich, over ten years since his last visit. His final German date will take him back to Berlin for the first time since 2009 on 14th June.

'One On One' is the first new Paul McCartney tour since the juggernaut that was 'Out There' came to its stunning conclusion on 22nd October, 2015 with Paul's first ever concert in Buffalo, NY. Out There's finale capped off an incredible 2015, in which the tour played 27 shows in 22 cities throughout the world, with highlights including Paul's historic debut in South Korea--where the crowd at Seoul Olympic Stadium's refusal to stop singing the refrain to 'Hey Jude' literally forced Paul to reprise the song in the first encore, playing that signature bassline live for the first time--three nights at the Tokyo Dome and one at Budokan, a sold out stand at Paris' majestic Stade de France, more than a dozen packed arena shows across the U.S., UK and Europe, and triumphant headlines at festivals such as Firefly, Roskilde, and Lollapalooza in Chicago--the latter a tour de force performance for a 100,000-strong crowd featuring a guest appearance from Alabama Shakes' Brittany Howard on 'Get Back'.

The Paul McCartney live experience is everything any music lover could ever want from a rock show--and so much more: Nearly three hours worth of the greatest moments from the last 50 years of music, dozens of songs that have formed the soundtracks of our lives. Paul and his band have played an unparalleled range of venues and locations: outside the Coliseum in Rome, Moscow's Red Square, Buckingham Palace, The White House, a free show in Mexico for over 400,000 people, the last ever show at San Francisco's Candlestick Park where The Beatles played their final concert in 1966, and even one performance broadcast live into Space! Featuring Paul's band of the last 10+ years - Paul "Wix" Wickens (keyboards), Brian Ray (bass/guitar), Rusty Anderson (guitar) and Abe Laboriel Jr (drums) - the show is never anything short of life-changing.

The 'One On One' Tour will debut a brand new production, as always utilizing state of the art audio and video technology and to ensure an unforgettable experience from every seat in the house. Employing massive screens, lasers, fireworks and, of course, a staggering selection of the best songs ever written or performed, every Paul McCartney show promises a once in a lifetime evening that transcends and elevates the potential of live music.
Ik neem aan dat er nog meer datums bij komen voor de Europese tour?
  woensdag 9 maart 2016 @ 17:57:03 #54
119165 satecl
Dorpsidioot.
pi_160546484
Is er een kans op Nederlandse locaties?

Ik ga niet naar het altijd slecht georganiseerde PP. :@
Dit is mijn uitspraak en daarmee zult u het moeten doen.
  woensdag 9 maart 2016 @ 19:22:46 #55
228665 Peter88Online
pi_160548325
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 9 maart 2016 17:57 schreef satecl het volgende:
Is er een kans op Nederlandse locaties?

Ik ga niet naar het altijd slecht georganiseerde PP. :@
Ik denk niet dat er dit jaar nog een extra Nederlandse datum komt.
pi_160559814
Nope, er zit helemáál geen lijn in :P. Berlijn, natuurlijk. München, logisch. Maar Düsseldorf in een voetbalstadion met 2 uit te verkopen festivaldagen relatief dichtbij? Gezien het persbericht bijna een kopie is van de vorige tournees is dit simpelweg weer een extensie van de afgelopen tournee met een nieuwe omlijning, iets waar we eerlijk gezegd al dankbaar genoeg voor mogen zijn.
pi_160562223
Ik ben er bij in Düsseldorf, vak A3 rij 7 *O* (maar wat een prijzen :o )
pi_160563582
Ben ik blij dat ik vorig jaar naar de Ziggo Dome geweest ben. Stadion in Dusseldorf is zo massaal en kil, twee jaar geleden The Rolling Stones daar gezien, geluid was best ruk. Behoorlijke prijzen ook nu voor Paul.
pi_160565331
Oh ja, nog iets: de website die de champagnepakketten regelt geeft zoals altijd weer onaangekondigde data weg en heeft als kop "Paul McCartney Tour Dates UK and Europe 2016". Madrid (2 juni) en UK dus tba.

[ Bericht 2% gewijzigd door Aisumasen op 11-03-2016 04:30:34 ]
pi_160583977
Ik heb het niet gezien, ik wil het ook niet zien, maar grappig hoe het ondertussen zo gewoon is geworden dat we de onwetendheid van onze publieke omroep over The Beatles al niet eens meer benoemen alhier. Het bleek weer raak deze week: http://www.volkskrant.nl/(...)32cafda8da925f452e7e
pi_160584767
quote:
0s.gif Op vrijdag 11 maart 2016 07:39 schreef Aisumasen het volgende:
Ik heb het niet gezien, ik wil het ook niet zien, maar grappig hoe het ondertussen zo gewoon is geworden dat we de onwetendheid van onze publieke omroep over The Beatles al niet eens meer benoemen alhier. Het bleek weer raak deze week: http://www.volkskrant.nl/(...)32cafda8da925f452e7e
Die twee over Strawberry Fields en While My Guitar Gently Weeps was echt beschamend inderdaad. Alsof dat belachelijk slechte nummers waren als Martin zich er niet mee had bemoeid _O-
pi_160585062
quote:
0s.gif Op vrijdag 11 maart 2016 09:10 schreef Xrenity het volgende:

[..]

Die twee over Strawberry Fields en While My Guitar Gently Weeps was echt beschamend inderdaad. Alsof dat belachelijk slechte nummers waren als Martin zich er niet mee had bemoeid _O-
Exact, haha. Van die eerste nota bene een hele berg thuisdemo's beschikbaar waarin je de song hoort ontstaan van kop tot staart. En het is jammer, want zulke uitspraken doen afbreuk aan hoe veel George Martin wél heeft weten te betekenen voor de muziek van The Beatles.
pi_160594472
Had Leo Blokhuis erbij gezeten, dan had -ie dit wel recht gebreid. Maar helaas. Ik zat me ook behoorlijk op te vreten voor de tv. :')
Nintendo 3DS Vriendcode: 0259-0280-4485
pi_160630892
Ik heb het niet gezien op tv, maar blijkbaar niks gemist.

George Martin was echt heel goed, en echt wel een 5e beatle (Brian Epstein, Stuart Sutcliffe, Pete Best waren ook 5e beatles), maar zonder goede band als de Beatles zelf was het nooit zo'n succes geweest.

George Martin werkte niet als een Stock, Aitken & Waterman die van elk tienertje een tijdelijke wereldhit wisten te knutselen.

RIP George Martin
pi_160630932
quote:
0s.gif Op maandag 7 maart 2016 07:42 schreef awijmans het volgende:
Blijkbaar ga ik ook naar pinkpop. Ik houd niet van Festivals, dus ik had geen kaarten gekocht. Nu heb ik 2 kaarten gekregen. Dan is het toch zonde om niet te gaan :P

Blijkbaar ga ik toch niet naar Pinkpop. Ik heb Pinkpop ZONDER backstage omgeruild voor Düsseldorf MET backstage kaarten. Ja, jullie mogen jaloers zijn. Vorig jaar Brian & Wix ontmoet, aardige gasten. Nog 3 bandleden te gaan ;) En ik ga samen met mijn zoon van 12 jaar, onderdeel van zijn opvoeding :D
  maandag 14 maart 2016 @ 09:51:26 #66
228665 Peter88Online
pi_160654948
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 10 maart 2016 13:26 schreef Aisumasen het volgende:
Oh ja, nog iets: de website die de champagnepakketten regelt geeft zoals altijd weer onaangekondigde data weg en heeft als kop "Paul McCartney Tour Dates UK and Europe 2016". Madrid (2 juni) en UK dus tba.
Madrid op 2 juni is vanochtend bevestigd. Schijnbaar komen er nog steeds data bij.
pi_160686637
quote:
1s.gif Op maandag 14 maart 2016 09:51 schreef Peter88Online het volgende:

[..]

Madrid op 2 juni is vanochtend bevestigd. Schijnbaar komen er nog steeds data bij.
Jazeker:

Geen verrassing dat Pinkpop verre van exclusief in de regio bleek. Wat een spuuglelijke nieuwe ontwerpen trouwens, en die promoposter in Madrid was nog wel zo mooi.
  dinsdag 15 maart 2016 @ 17:27:06 #68
228665 Peter88Online
pi_160687708
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 15 maart 2016 16:30 schreef Aisumasen het volgende:

[..]

Jazeker:

[ afbeelding ]

Geen verrassing dat Pinkpop verre van exclusief in de regio bleek. Wat een spuuglelijke nieuwe ontwerpen trouwens, en die promoposter in Madrid was nog wel zo mooi.
Wel apart dat hij weer dan naar Parijs komt nadat hij daar vorig jaar ook al heeft opgetreden.
pi_160687813
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 15 maart 2016 17:27 schreef Peter88Online het volgende:

[..]

Wel apart dat hij weer dan naar Parijs komt nadat hij daar vorig jaar ook al heeft opgetreden.
Ik begon een eerdere post over Europese tour voorspellingen voorzichtig met iets als "er zit geen enkele lijn in, maar"... maar... laat die "maar" maar... weg :P. Een stadion vorig jaar terwijl hij 10 jaar bijna geen stadions had gedaan, nu aldaar nog geen jaar later weer een arena als Bercy zoals in 2009 en 2011... Laten we zo denken, als we een patroon in z'n tours gevonden hebben, dan weten we zeker dat hij iets anders gaat doen, haha.
pi_160705932
http://concertguidelive.c(...)oon-the-coach-house/

Rusty Anderson: As a matter of fact, we’re going to be doing some recording coming up here soon for Paul’s new record.

Het lijkt dat McCartney het gehele jaar door wel in en uit de studio is, maar specifiek "new record" klinkt veelbelovend. Hopelijk met één producer - en ik geloof The Sun of The Mirror noemde laatst al de producer van Adele - uit dezelfde sessies.
  donderdag 24 maart 2016 @ 17:27:27 #71
228665 Peter88Online
pi_160914528
Zou het?

quote:
Paul McCartney to appear in new Pirates of the Caribbean film

The character of Captain Jack Sparrow is heavily inspired by The Rolling Stones’ Keith Richards. However, it’s another famous UK rocker who will have a prominent role in the forthcoming installment of Disney’s billion-dollar franchise.

Deadline reports that Sir Paul McCartney will appear in Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales. The details of his role are unknown, but Deadline notes “this is not a re-shoot, but rather an extra scene” in the film.

In recent years, McCartney has made cameos on TV shows like BoJack Horseman and 30 Rock. However, he hasn’t appeared on the silver screen since the 1987 British black comedy Eat the Rich.

Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, out in theaters on May 26th, 2017, stars Johnny Depp, Javier Bardem, Geoffrey Rush, and Orlando Bloom.
http://consequenceofsound(...)-the-caribbean-film/
pi_161030228
Wat is dit? Aankondiging voor een nieuw album?

Nintendo 3DS Vriendcode: 0259-0280-4485
pi_161042958
quote:
11s.gif Op dinsdag 29 maart 2016 19:35 schreef nomar83 het volgende:
Wat is dit? Aankondiging voor een nieuw album?

Zou me niks verbazen. Aankondiging voor NEW was ook in het begin met iets vaags komen.

Ik dacht eerst dat digibeet Paul misschien persoonlijk een YouTube filmpje aan het uploaden was geweest :P Upload niet helemaal goed gelukt.
pi_161043000
Gaat Paul een remix album doen? Is bovenstaand filmpje 1985?

http://www.superdeluxeedi(...)-to-mix-it-up-again/
  woensdag 30 maart 2016 @ 18:12:39 #75
228665 Peter88Online
pi_161053502
Vandaag weer zo'n filmpje. Zou het niet een nieuw verzamelalbum kunnen zijn? Gezien hier ook titels worden genoemd als de remix van Say Say Say. Ergens zou ik het niet eens zo vreemd vinden, want er zijn maar 3 verzamelalbums van zijn solomateriaal, en allemaal met nummers van voor 1987.

abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')