abonnement Unibet Coolblue
pi_134190974
Ranford On Jones’ Development
For those who may be wondering where Jones came from, he did not appear out of the blue in the Kings organization to suddenly come in and light the NHL on fire.
Jones went undrafted while playing for the Calgary Hitmen of the Western Hockey League, but the Kings signed him as an unrestricted free agent on October 2, 2008.
“I knew Martin from [him] playing with the North Shore Winter Club,” said Kings goaltender coach Bill Ranford. “My nephew played there. The reputation was there, and I think the issue we had was that we didn’t know a lot about [him]. We saw him a little bit with the Calgary Hitmen, but he wasn’t playing a lot at that point.”
“For me, sometimes, pedigree and resume sometimes comes into play, and all I knew about this kid was that he won at every level,” added Ranford. “I just felt that with his size, and such a strong technical package, that he already had in his game, that this is something I felt comfortable [with]. I thought [it] was a real good challenge to work with someone like that.”
“It was actually [former Kings head coach] Marc Crawford’s son—they grew up playing together. Martin was the number one [goalie], and Crow’s son was the number two, most of the time, so when Crow approached me about him, that’s where we knew the resume was already there, and through my nephew, I knew that he had been successful at every level.”
When Jones was signed by the Kings back in 2008, goaltending was not a strength of the organization, as it is now. Instead, it was a serious problem, as it had been throughout the vast majority of the franchise’s history. To illustrate, seven players manned the goal crease for the Kings, at one time or another, during the 2007-08 season, one season after five players guarded their net in 2006-07.
Ranford indicated that Jones had the look of a kid who was ahead of the game, in terms of having the necessary mindset to reach the professional level.
“We were at a point where we needed somebody,” Ranford noted. “I liked his professionalism, right off the bat. He was the kind of kid who was in the gym, stretching, getting prepared for practice, and didn’t really know anybody. But his professional approach, for a kid out of junior, who was still playing junior hockey at the time, on a [professional] tryout? That really impressed me.”
“That went a long way [to me thinking that] this guy has the [mindset] that he wants to be a pro, and can be a pro, and now, he’s proven it,” Ranford added.
Jones had his ups and downs while playing for the Manchester Monarchs, the Kings’ American Hockey League affiliate, raising some concerns about his future. Nevertheless, Ranford was not overly concerned.
“I’ve always been comfortable with Martin’s game, and his composure,” said Ranford. “Throughout your career, you’re going to go through some ups and downs, as a young individual at the pro level. Being away from the structure of, whether you’re living at home, or [living with a billet family], and now you’re out on your own, there’s always going to be times when you’re going to have to deal with some adversity.”
“The one thing, good or bad, he’s always been a very composed goalie,” added Ranford. “He very rarely gets rattled about anything, even when he’s not playing necessarily well, and I think that’s just a strong component of what he’s about.”
Ranford also noted the areas in which Jones has made the most improvement since he was acquired by the Kings.
“Urgency in his game, flexibility has always been a big part, and being able to come out of the box and compete on pucks,” Ranford noted. “When he was in Calgary, he didn’t have to do that, so we didn’t know if he could. He had such a strong team in front of him. That was the biggest thing he had to learn.”
“There are times when you have to come outside of the technical box—throw a pad, throw a stick, whatever it takes to stop the puck,” Ranford added. “Those are three areas where he has just grown immensely, and can continue to get better at.”

Pence die 2 jaar voor hem stond in Calgary ging via de CIS(Universiteit league in Canada, meestal voor spelers die junior speelden en niet goed genoeg zijn als prof) naar een lager niveau in Finland
"We moeten ons bewust zijn van de superioriteit van onze beschaving, met zijn normen en waarden, welvaart voor de mensen, respect voor mensenrechten en godsdienstvrijheid. Dat respect bestaat zeker niet in de Islamitische wereld".
  donderdag 12 december 2013 @ 17:13:48 #177
130412 Katth
I wanna do bad things with you
pi_134195588
quote:
Hahaha, en nog iets van de Capitals, een gewéldig kerstfilmpje. _O-
Ward op een opblaassaxofoon :D http://deadspin.com/happy(...)-capitals-1481917272
  donderdag 12 december 2013 @ 17:56:57 #179
154052 RobertVH
I am your father
pi_134195613
quote:
Die update ook _O-
quote:
UPDATE: An alternative thought - this is the trainer's measure stick, used to measure the Capitals' gear. In which case Alex Ovechkin may, in fact, be the mother [expletive] that touched it.
  donderdag 12 december 2013 @ 18:09:23 #180
130412 Katth
pi_134195981
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 12 december 2013 17:56 schreef emokid het volgende:

[..]

Ward op een opblaassaxofoon :D http://deadspin.com/happy(...)-capitals-1481917272
Omg :')

Edit:

[ Bericht 4% gewijzigd door Katth op 12-12-2013 19:03:38 ]
History will be made, history will be red - Russian Machine Never Breaks
pi_134196895
Zó, niet echt verrassend maar toch ook weer wel: Calgary Flames GM Jay Feaster ontslagen. Assistent idem.
pi_134201342
Feaster is één van de slechtste GM's in de league, dusja.
Barcelona CF ~ Club Brugge ~ Tampa Bay Lightning
pi_134201522
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 12 december 2013 20:24 schreef Saviola het volgende:
Feaster is één van de slechtste GM's in de league, dusja.
De Sabres zijn nu mensen aan het interviewen voor de GM positie. Jay Feaster kan bij gezond verstand daar niet in aanmerking voor komen. Met Buffalo weet je het echter nooit.. :')
pi_134204511
Als ze dat doen kunnen ze best hun club gewoon opdoeken _O-
pi_134207927
Wacht voor de sabres nog maar 2 a 3 jaar
"We moeten ons bewust zijn van de superioriteit van onze beschaving, met zijn normen en waarden, welvaart voor de mensen, respect voor mensenrechten en godsdienstvrijheid. Dat respect bestaat zeker niet in de Islamitische wereld".
pi_134208334
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 12 december 2013 17:56 schreef emokid het volgende:

[..]

Op YouTube?
pi_134214371
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 12 december 2013 22:25 schreef DiegoArmandoMaradona het volgende:

[..]

Op YouTube?
Op YT kan ik hem helaas niet vinden.

Rangers stonden na 12 minuten 3-0 achter thuis tegen Columbus. Lundqvist gepulled, maakt niet eens een period af.
  vrijdag 13 december 2013 @ 09:13:29 #188
130412 Katth
pi_134216045
Lundqvist, mijn 1st overall pick in de fantasy league.... zo slecht dit seizoen....
pi_134220492
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 12 december 2013 18:09 schreef Katth het volgende:

[..]

Omg :')

Edit:
[ afbeelding ]
Die van die ref is al vrij oud, de rest is wel grappig :D
Vicariously I live while the whole world dies
  vrijdag 13 december 2013 @ 16:13:16 #190
130412 Katth
pi_134228468
quote:
0s.gif Op vrijdag 13 december 2013 12:24 schreef nyny83 het volgende:

[..]

Die van die ref is al vrij oud, de rest is wel grappig :D
Ja, maar was bedoeld dat je zo'n video niet kan maken :')
pi_134246611
Oh zo, ik snap hem :')
pi_134248406
Jimmy Howard 2-4 weken uitgeschakeld.. Dan gaan we wellicht 'The Monster' in doel zien bij Detroit op de Winter Classic van 1 januari.
pi_134256688
Matige goalie, Howard gaan ze hard missen.
pi_134257290
quote:
0s.gif Op zaterdag 14 december 2013 12:00 schreef nyny83 het volgende:
Matige goalie, Howard gaan ze hard missen.
Dat dacht ik dus ook.. maar zie Gustavvsson stats:
W8-L1, SV% .933, GAA 1.93

Hier overigens een nieuwe teaser van de serie:

Gaat zó tof worden. Ik hoop op veel Datsyuk. _O_

Edit: Vandaag in de VS al de première. Morgen dus een torrentje erbij zoeken.

[ Bericht 3% gewijzigd door emokid op 14-12-2013 14:42:41 ]
pi_134268443
Stamkos vandaag..

https://vine.co/v/h2DjjM7bdUF

staat alweer op schaatsen 8)7 hoop maar dat ie niet teveel ineens doet
  zaterdag 14 december 2013 @ 20:19:38 #196
154052 RobertVH
I am your father
pi_134268727
Lightning star Stamkos on ice at morning skate
In Stamkos we trust :7

Die kunnen we wel weer gebruiken in Tampa.. vanavond tegen NJ is alleen nog net te vroeg :+

/edit
of zoals hierboven al vermeld, was een beetje laat :')
pi_134269630
Shawn Thornton 15 wedstrijden geschorst.
pi_134269729
Goedzo
pi_134273403
Had van mij ook met pensioen mogen gaan
pi_134275028
quote:
0s.gif Op zaterdag 14 december 2013 22:17 schreef DiegoArmandoMaradona het volgende:
Had van mij ook met pensioen mogen gaan
Inderdaad.. Ik vind 15 wedstrijden niets oplossen.
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')