abonnement Unibet Coolblue
pi_62298662
Dragen de kandidaten trouwens altijd een kogelvrij vest? Ik heb een tijd terug een foto gezien waar Obama een kogelvrij vest lijkt te dragen, maar verder is het me nooit zo opgevallen. Op foto's van de laatste dagen lijkt Palin echter ook een opvallend rechte rug te hebben.

FOK!-Schrikkelbaas vrijdag 10 oktober 2008 @ 22:21:54 #177
862 Arcee
Look closer
pi_62299375
quote:
Op vrijdag 10 oktober 2008 22:16 schreef Majar het volgende:
Dragen de kandidaten trouwens altijd een kogelvrij vest? Ik heb een tijd terug een foto gezien waar Obama een kogelvrij vest lijkt te dragen, maar verder is het me nooit zo opgevallen. Op foto's van de laatste dagen lijkt Palin echter ook een opvallend rechte rug te hebben.

[ afbeelding ]
Yup .. als het goed is altijd tijdens publiekelijke verschijningen. Zie ook de donkerdere refiëf-lijn op haar rug.

PS.: Ik zie 2 postertjes ondersteboven ... wie biedt er meer?
Calm down, please!
  vrijdag 10 oktober 2008 @ 23:25:39 #179
207353 Wheelgunner
Met de Noorderzon...
pi_62300105
quote:
Op vrijdag 10 oktober 2008 22:16 schreef Majar het volgende:

[ afbeelding ]
Zou me niet verbazen eerlijk gezegd, vind ik ook verstandig. Voor alle kandidaten.
  vrijdag 10 oktober 2008 @ 23:26:17 #180
65394 Montov
Dogmaticus Irritantus
pi_62300117
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/10/10/1529529.aspx

Hoe durft Obama de angry mob van McCain te bekritiseren! Ik weet niet hoe dieper McCain nog kan zinken...
Géén kloon van tvlxd!
  vrijdag 10 oktober 2008 @ 23:28:36 #181
10763 popolon
Fetchez la vache!
pi_62300162
En die Wallace is best wel een cutie. What a waste....
Patience is not one of my virtues, neither is memory. Or patience for that matter.
pi_62300377
ik dacht dat mccain op een gegeven moment wel zou zeggen dat hij ook niet echt blij was met die schreeuwers.
maar hij verdedigt ze nu dus...

ik snap het werkelijk niet.
kiezers die zulke taal waarderen zullen toch al op mccain stemmen omdat ze zo'n hekel hebben aan obama.
zwevende kiezers die zulke taal niet waarderen zullen nu juist niet op mccain stemmen.

wat ze ook nog kunnen proberen: democraten beschuldigen van infiltratie in hun menigte - die dan die zaken gaan schreeuwen.

lijkt er op dat hij niet op een waardige manier z'n politieke carriere wil beëindigen.
ok, hij is nog senator voor 2 jaar hier na. maar ik vermoed dat hij niet vaak meer in de senaat zal verschijnen.
Dostojewski: "Je kunt je niet van je eigen gezond verstand overtuigen door je buurman op te sluiten."
pi_62300560
New York county prints ‘Barack Osama’ on ballots

http://politicalticker.bl(...)rack-osama%e2%80%99/
Dostojewski: "Je kunt je niet van je eigen gezond verstand overtuigen door je buurman op te sluiten."
pi_62300582
Net zapservice bij pauw & witteman een persoon uit het publiek bij Palin & McCain die hun dist. Iemand dat filmpje al ergens gelokaliseerd op youtube?
lollig
pi_62300647
quote:
Op vrijdag 10 oktober 2008 23:49 schreef Caesu het volgende:
[ afbeelding ]
Typefoutje, kan gebeuren.

*kijkt waar de s en b zitten op het toetsenbord*

Of misschien toch niet...
As long as I gaze on Waterloo sunset I am in paradise.
pi_62300654
quote:
[ afbeelding ]
Meteen gevangenisstraf voor degene die hier verantwoordelijk voor is. Afstraffen... 1 keer in de 4 jaar moet je je werk doen.
Calm down, please!
pi_62300768
quote:
[ afbeelding ]

Even Apeldoorn bellen.
pi_62300910

Weer wat hoger voor Obama
Calm down, please!
pi_62301027
On the Road: Dueling Rallies, Ohio

On a day when the Dow plunged another 678 points, we had the opportunity to cross paths with another Barack Obama rally and another Sarah Palin rally here in west-central Ohio. Obama did five rallies here in two days: Dayton, Cincinnati, Portsmouth, Chillicothe, and Columbus, while Palin did events in Wilmington (home of the DHL plant closing that David Plouffe promised to highlight in local radio ads) and Cleveland. The events were a study in contrasts.

Barack Obama spoke to a crowd of approximately 8,500 in Dayton's Fifth Third (Eighth?) Field for 40 minutes, and immediately launched into a detailed discussion of the economy. Titled the "American Jobs Tour Rally," Obama managed the subtle stagecraft of physically morphing from a suit-coated politician to a coatless, sleeves-rolled-up problem-solver.

Palin's rally featured the more impressive entrance, with giant video screens showing the crowd the slowly turning campaign bus as it approached the cavernous inside venue. Finally, the fog machines hit high blast, the huge blue curtain parted, and the bus drove right inside the hall. As "Eye of the Tiger" blasted over the loudspeakers, Palin bounded on stage to a full-throated roar. It was some pretty sweet stagecraft, (even if had Obama tried it he'd have been ridiculed for behaving as a "celebrity").

Palin's comments were entirely general. There were few specifics on the economy besides freezing spending and a pledge to balance the budget. Despite brief allusions to economic worries, there was no discussion of how America finds itself in this mess. To do so, she explicitly argued, was to dwell on the past rather than look to the future.

She spoke for longer than her brief Carson City rally we saw September 13 -- just under 30 minutes -- and her crowd was larger and louder here. She spent about 10% of the time talking about Bill Ayers. "Ambition explains launching your political career in the living room of an unrepentant terrorist," Palin said, punctuated by four or five loud shouts of "Terrorist!' from the crowd.

Obama's rally featured the chant, "Obama! Obama!" Palin's crowd chanted "Nobama!" twice. With brio. It struck me that the big chant in Carson City was "Drill Baby Drill!" but here when that chant came up it was soft, half-hearted, and uncoordinated. "Nobama!" had the juice. Not even "Sarah!" could trump "Nobama!"

The language that the two candidates used on yet another rough economic day showed contrast. For Obama's part, threaded through an extensive discussion of economic policy were repeated phrases: "I have confidence," "I believe in you," "we can do this," "we're in this together," and "together, we cannot fail." On the other hand, Palin's comments were directed at Obama -- she was in full hockey agitator mode -- "terrorist," "judgment," "ambition." As for DHL shutting down 8,000 jobs in Wilmington, "we're gonna do something about it." Obama is afraid of mavericks. And Obama is a very dangerous guy who can't be trusted. Big disconnect from the day's events. While most of the 10,500 or so people cheered loudly, I noticed a number of people who stood with arms folded as the attacks unrolled.

The coup de grace was her closing statement, a direct assertion that Obama was a coward.
quote:
So you know, Ohio, from now until Election Day, you're gonna hear our opponents go on and on about how they'll, quote, fight for you. But since my running mate won't say this on his own behalf I will say it for him. And that is, in this campaign there is only one man who has every really fought for you. The only man who has ever really fought for you and the only man with courage.
Contrast with Obama's closing message:
quote:
Together, we cannot fail. Not now. Not when we have a crisis to solve and an economy to save. Not when there are so many Americans without jobs and without homes. Not when there are families who can’t afford to see a doctor, or send their child to college, or pay their bills at the end of the month. Not when there is a generation that is counting on us to give them the same opportunities and the same chances that we had for ourselves.

We can do this. Americans have done this before. Some of us had grandparents or parents who said maybe I can’t go to college but my child can; maybe I can’t have my own business but my child can. I may have to rent, but maybe my children will have a home they can call their own. I may not have a lot of money but maybe my child will run for Senate. I might live in a small village but maybe someday my son can be president of the United States of America.

Now it falls to us. Together, we cannot fail.
Obama spent almost his whole speech talking about the economy. Palin showed she was capable of talking specifics, but only when breaking down the exact whens and wheres of Obama meeting Ayers, and who said what when, on what interview. Very, very detailed. It was jarring -- the absence of detailed economic discussion. Most people think we're heading for another depression. I think it works well on people already sold on voting Republican but not as well on undecided voters or independents.

There was good news. We'd heard reports that the media was becoming the target of angry crowds at McCain-Palin events, and while that might or might not be true for others, we can't report anything but helpfulness by the McCain-Palin staff nor can we report feeling uncomfortable in the crowd. Most everyone was friendly and happy to let Brett take their pictures, and we had a privileged political day.
Calm down, please!
  zaterdag 11 oktober 2008 @ 00:19:30 #190
1986 Jane
agnostic dyslexic insomniac
pi_62301181
Ik zit naar Situation Room op CNN te kijken en daar lieten ze net een stukje zien van McCains townhall meeting in (ik dacht) Michigan vandaag. In reactie op vragen benadrukte hij daar een paar keer dat Obama een 'decent person' was en vroeg de mensen respectvol te zijn.

Nou nou, hoe dit nu ineens? Toch een beetje geschrokken van de agressieve reacties van sommige rednecks? Of gewoon geschrokken van de afkeurende reacties in de media m.b.t. de dubieuze manier van campagnevoeren?
Lying awake, wondering if there is a Dog...
Tijn won het Morlvision Songfestival 2023
pi_62301265
quote:
Op zaterdag 11 oktober 2008 00:19 schreef Jane het volgende:
Ik zit naar Situation Room op CNN te kijken en daar lieten ze net een stukje zien van McCain's townhall meeting in (ik dacht) Michigan vandaag. In reactie op vragen benadrukte hij daar een paar keer dat Obama een 'decent person' was en vroeg de mensen respectvol te zijn.

Nou nou, hoe dit nu ineens? Toch een beetje geschrokken van de agressieve reacties van sommige rednecks? Of gewoon geschrokken van de afkeurende reacties in de media m.b.t. de dubieuze manier van campagnevoeren?
Allemaal kwestie van opzwepen van het publiek om daarna te doen alsof je de wijze bent.
Calm down, please!
pi_62301273
"Would you guys stop it already?! Did you ever think that maybe there's more to life than being really, really, really, ridiculously good looking?"
pi_62301358
quote:
Bush was toch beter

sry ... kon het niet laten
Calm down, please!
pi_62302598
pi_62302674

"I read about him, he's an Arab"
"Would you guys stop it already?! Did you ever think that maybe there's more to life than being really, really, really, ridiculously good looking?"
pi_62302721
quote:
Op zaterdag 11 oktober 2008 02:46 schreef Scandalous het volgende:

"I read about him, he's an Arab"
Ja, hier lachen we er om, maar vergeet niet dat een flink deel van de Amerikanen dat gewoon voor zoete koek slikt.
  zaterdag 11 oktober 2008 @ 02:55:12 #197
123869 Merkie
Surprisingly contagious
pi_62302723
quote:
Ah oh, lage veertigers worden hoge dertigers voor McCain-Palin?
2000 light years from home
pi_62302767
Obama stijgt verder in de peilingen, wat Fox News ook probeert. Nu de affaire rondom Palin naar buiten komt - Palin heeft haar macht in Alaska misbruikt - lijken deze verkiezingen mij wel een gelopen race. Alleen een heel groot schandaal kan Obama nog van de winst af houden, lijkt me zo.

Het heeft er alle schijn van dat Amerika na 8 jaar Republikeins wanbeleid eindelijk zijn verstand heeft teruggevonden.
  zaterdag 11 oktober 2008 @ 03:10:56 #199
10763 popolon
Fetchez la vache!
pi_62302773
quote:
Op zaterdag 11 oktober 2008 02:55 schreef gelly het volgende:

[..]

Ja, hier lachen we er om, maar vergeet niet dat een flink deel van de Amerikanen dat gewoon voor zoete koek slikt.
Hier?

Als ik hier in NWS kijk zie ik mensen die in Wilders de nieuwe Hitler zien of dat elke marokkaan een zware crimineel is.

Idioten heb je overal, zelfs hier.
Patience is not one of my virtues, neither is memory. Or patience for that matter.
pi_62302776
quote:
Op zaterdag 11 oktober 2008 02:55 schreef gelly het volgende:

[..]

en een flink deel van die Amerikanen is hij nu kwijt.
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')