abonnement Unibet Coolblue
  donderdag 13 december 2007 @ 15:06:55 #176
145755 kahaarin
You are my sunshine......
pi_55245660
quote:
Op donderdag 13 december 2007 14:59 schreef Suko het volgende:
Zucht, ik weet het echt niet, maar kennelijk heeft zich binnen de familie van Kate een eerdere 'ontvoering' voorgedaan. "Apparently some forums are saying that a cousin of Kate McCann had her daughter abducted a few years ago (not sure when). She was later found at an airport a short while after.(it is not clear if she was really abducted and found or just got lost and found).

Later las ik dat de McCanns een doel nodig hadden, dus the Children's Centre, om hun fonds onder charity te kunnen laten functioneren, iets wat nog steeds niet gelukt is. Van de McCanns-site: 'Madeleine’s fund is a non charitable not-for-profit company, which has been established to help find Madeleine McCann and to support her family and bring her abductors to justice. Any surplus funds will be used to help families and missing children in the United Kingdom, Portugal and elsewhere in similar circumstances. If there are surplus funds Madeleine’s Funds can be converted into a charity.'

Ik geloof niet in een bedachte ontvoering voor geld. Dan zouden ze Madeleine al die tijd niet hebben gezien, dat doe je een kind niet aan, wetend dat ze ergens anders is. Alle topics hierover zijn op het Mirror-forum gedelete. Maar eigenlijk geloof ik alleen de 'theorie' dat ze per ongeluk is gestorven (door een val/te harde klap oid), mogelijk eerder dan 3 mei, en dat een aantal van die Tapas-lui (misschien met behullp van Murat) heeft geholpen om het lichaampje voorgoed te laten verdwijnen. Ook de kerk speelt een rol, waarom anders is de priester nu zo upset? Maar men zou zich kunnen afvragen waarom er vrijwel vanaf het begin van de 'ontvoering' de site is opgezet, de media die nacht nog hebben ingelicht, iedereen op het hart gedrukt dat het een ontvoering betreft, er zoveel big shots (ook Gordon Brown e.d.) er bij zijn gehaald, ze de wereld zijn rond gegaan etc etc etc. En waarom nou net dat apartement gekozen die het meest onveilig was qua ligging? Eerder was een stel met kind daar uitgetrokken, die voelde al gelijk de onveiligheid. Ik ben vast nog een aantal feiten vergeten maar ze hebben alles gedaan wat een gewone ouder nou net niet zou doen, nog afgezien van het feit dat ze niet schroomden de kids zowat de hele dag op de crèche achter lieten maar 's avonds was er niemand om op te passen, avond aan avond... Nee, something fishy is going on, very fishy indeed! Overigens is Richard Branson wel een vrijmetselaar dacht ik, zie eerdere post hierover, maar of het daar iets mee te maken heeft, denk ik 't niet.

(Justice for Madeleine)
Ik denk niet dat de vrijmetselaars er iets mee te maken hebben, ik denk ook niet dat Maddy al eerder is omgekomen en dat haar ouders haar hebben laten verdwijnen, ik geloof best dat ze ontvoerd is en daarvoor leg ik de schuld bij de ouders omdat ze het de ontvoerders wel heel erg makkelijk hebben gemaakt.
Maar al dat geld in dat fonds en niemand die er zicht op heeft, het zou me ook niet verbazen als de McCanns binnenkort van de aardbodem zijn verdwenen en dat het fonds leeg is, al dan niet met medeweten van al die advisors.
be nice or go away
pi_55246225
"I talk of certainties because we know which group may have her or could have kidnapped her to then sell her on to others."

[i]"you left me standing here, a long long time ago"[/i]
  donderdag 13 december 2007 @ 15:32:29 #178
145755 kahaarin
pi_55246285
quote:
Op donderdag 13 december 2007 15:30 schreef milagro het volgende:
"I talk of certainties because we know which group may have her or could have kidnapped her to then sell her on to others."

Samen met 'sources close to' de grootste onzin die er bestaat, welke erger is weet ik zo1-2-3 niet.
be nice or go away
  donderdag 13 december 2007 @ 16:16:04 #179
71480 zoalshetis
eerlijk=eerlijk
pi_55247495
ik geloof de mccans nog steeds. zo'n schattig dochtertje is een waardevol bezit. kan me niet voorstellen dat ze hun eigen dochter hebben vermoord.
hoofdletters kosten teveel tijd
don't avoid pain to gain pleasure
niet iedereen is iedereen
pi_55255095
Het is toch te erg voor woorden zulke uitspraken van die Metodo 3-druiloor Francisco Marco. Het voelt aan alsof Madeleine nog even moet wachten, tot de kerst, dan komen we je halen. Nog even volhouden meidje, we come and get you, nou ja, strakjes dan...Verdomme, iedereen zou toch direct opstomen naar die plek (of in de buurt) en dat kan best zonder dat iemand dat merkt. Maar ja, Metodo 3 heeft nog een contract tot maart lopen. 'The agency is believed to charge up to £2,000 a day and, with a six-month contract that will include expensive travel and technology costs, the final bill is likely to be as much as £750,000.' telegraph.co.uk

Uit het Daily Mail-artikel: 'Francisco Marco said the missing four-year-old has been kidnapped by a paedophile ring and is being held in north Africa or the Iberian Peninsula.'

Maar ook: '"We have proof of her movements after her kidnap and we know she was alive the day after her disappearance. We are not certain she left Portugal. "I talk of certainties because we know which group may have her or could have kidnapped her to then sell her on to others."

En The Mirror: "We know who kidnapped her. We believe she is in an area not very far from the Iberian peninsula and north Africa. And we have a fairly certain idea of who she is with.

"I cannot say who she is with because we are putting together conclusive proof we can present to the authorities so they can proceed with their arrests."

Eigenlijk zou de PJ die flapdrol Francisco Marco moeten gijzelen en net zolang ondervragen totdat hij eindelijk wel moet bekennen dat het allemaal bullshit is... Je moet er toch niet aan denken dat straks Madeleine met de kerst levend en wel opduikt en dat alles één grote scam is geweest! Behalve natuurlijk dát ze nog leeft maar dan wel al die tijd zonder haar paps, mams en de tweeling. Die gedachte gaat er bij mij niet in hoor. Dit soort hoop kweken is gewoon een misdaad op zich naar mijn mening, ten koste van Madeleine.

---------------------------------------------------

En dit commentaar van een poster beschrijft deze gekte (althans voor mij) perfekt:
quote:
'Of course I don’t really believe we’re part of a mass gullibility experiment (I’m not into conspiracy theories at all) but at times the amount of stupidity on evidence in this case makes me wonder if we’ve crossed some stupidity threshold and have entered a new world of i d i o c y where just about anything goes, and no-one bats an eyelid.

Just take a random number of stupid things that have come up in the course of this case, and which we are expected just to meekly accept unquestioningly: For the first time in history, parents of a disappeared child (now suspects) were immediately just handed one of the top government spokespeople, and still have him 7 months down the line.

A seriously dodgy Spanish agency invents increasingly absurd and implausible stories on a daily basis, none of them connected up to any other of their ridiculous stories, all of which are po-facedly repeated uncritically by the tabloids. The agency loudly keeps announcing it’s closing in on the abductors, in different places.

The public are deemed to have the memory span of a goldfish (ie several seconds). Apart from Metodo3’s nonsense, we are given conflicting stories by the tabloids and by Team McC on a daily basis, all with no reference to previous stories. History as a concept has been airbrushed out.

A group of supposedly intelligent people decide to meet up with the clear intention of trying to get their hopelessly muddled and conflicting stories straight. This is described as an emotional friends reunited scenario and we are expected to believe it.

Excuses that are so absurd as to be amusing have been put out on practically daily basis as a way of countering rumours about evidence. Dirty nappies, rotting meat, cadaver scent on holiday clothes which were worn to work by a very part-time GP, etc.

The main suspects can’t even be bothered to try to act sad properly.
A pink-shirted man with a terminally silly name stands up every day and spouts increasingly bizarre rubbish - no witness will ever change their story, there’s an innocent explanation even for stuff which hasn’t yet been found, etc. etc. Wildly changing testimony, none of which still fits with others’ testimony, even those supposedly “on the same side”. Gradually this testimony changes to exclude all possibility of involvement by Tapas 9.

A holiday meal turns into an impossibly complicated dance in which no-one seems to have been at the table for longer than 5 minutes at a time. Bare-faced abuse of the Fund - attempts to use it to pay the mortgage, money being thrown away on obviously bogus campaigns to track down their daughter.

The bare-faced sudden adoption of devout Catholicism, despite comments from family members that they were never religious before. The ridiculous adoption of Cuddle Cat for crudely ostentatious emotional manipulation (like the adoption of Christmas, now), calculatedly having it visible in all photo-ops.

I could go on and on (already have). You can no doubt think of lots more examples. What it all adds up to is an insult to our intelligence - have we really become so stupid, as a society, that we accept all this nonsense, and worse, that we’re expected by supposedly intelligent people to accept it? We might well not accept it, but the point is we’re clearly expected to.'
pi_55267768
Spin in optima forma in dit artikel op de Guardian, alles is gecoverd qua gebeurtenissen, dwz > gladgestreken, verklaard, geprezen etc etc. Aan het woord is Bridget O'Donnell (BBC TV director and writer. She co-produces, and has worked in both drama and documentary at the BBC (Crimewatch) en vrouw van Jeremy Wikins (television producer), de man die Gerry McCann ontmoette met tennissen en op 3 mei elkaar 's avonds even spraken terwijl Jane Tanner hen passeerde. Lees en oordeel zelf. Wat mij betreft is hier PR-man van de McCanns Clarence Mitchell aan het woord, omdat in dit artikel vele omstandigheden worden beschreven die eerder nogal slecht in het nieuws zijn geweest.

Eén stukje waarin ik zowat van m'n stoel donderde, over dat alleen laten van je kids: 'He (Gerry) told us they were leaving theirs sleeping in the apartments. While they chatted on, I ruminated on the pros and cons of this. I admired them, in a way, for not being paranoid parents, but I decided that our apartment was too far off even to contemplate it.'

En nogmaals een gladstrijker: 'Gerry was relaxed and friendly. They discussed the babysitting dilemmas at the resort and Gerry said that he and Kate would have stayed in too, if they had not been on holiday in a group.'

En hoe de McCanns worden beschreven: She and her partner Jeremy Wilkins saw Gerry and Kate McCann by the pool hours before Madeleine disappeared. "We watched them idly - they had a lot of time for people, they listened," Ms O'Donnell said. "Kate was calm, still, quietly beautiful. Gerry was confident, proud, silly, strong." (en hen gelijk maar een alibi verschaffen over die middag)

Maar dan over Robert Murat: "A policeman called with a translator, who turned out to be Robert Murat - soon to be the first official suspect in the case. He "had a squint and sweated slightly," said Ms O'Donnell. "He was breathless, perhaps a little excited... He reminded me of a boy in my class who was bullied." Daily Mail.

Nee, hier trap ik niet in Clarence Mitchell, alles laten goedpraten door deze Bridget O'Donnell, bovendien wil haar man Jeremy helemaal niet praten zo schrijft The Times. Dit verhaal in de Guardian is voor mij doorslaggevend deze so-called onafhankelijke krant van z'n voetstuk te meppen, wederom...zum kotzen.

(Justice for Madeleine)
  vrijdag 14 december 2007 @ 13:09:09 #182
145755 kahaarin
pi_55267998
quote:
Op vrijdag 14 december 2007 13:00 schreef Suko het volgende:
Spin in optima forma in dit artikel op de Guardian, alles is gecoverd qua gebeurtenissen, dwz > gladgestreken, verklaard, geprezen etc etc. Aan het woord is Bridget O'Donnell (BBC TV director and writer. She co-produces, and has worked in both drama and documentary at the BBC (Crimewatch) en vrouw van Jeremy Wikins (television producer), de man die Gerry McCann ontmoette met tennissen en op 3 mei elkaar 's avonds even spraken terwijl Jane Tanner hen passeerde. Lees en oordeel zelf. Wat mij betreft is hier PR-man van de McCanns Clarence Mitchell aan het woord, omdat in dit artikel vele omstandigheden worden beschreven die eerder nogal slecht in het nieuws zijn geweest.

Eén stukje waarin ik zowat van m'n stoel donderde, over dat alleen laten van je kids: 'He (Gerry) told us they were leaving theirs sleeping in the apartments. While they chatted on, I ruminated on the pros and cons of this. I admired them, in a way, for not being paranoid parents, but I decided that our apartment was too far off even to contemplate it.'

En nogmaals een gladstrijker: 'Gerry was relaxed and friendly. They discussed the babysitting dilemmas at the resort and Gerry said that he and Kate would have stayed in too, if they had not been on holiday in a group.'

En hoe de McCanns worden beschreven: She and her partner Jeremy Wilkins saw Gerry and Kate McCann by the pool hours before Madeleine disappeared. "We watched them idly - they had a lot of time for people, they listened," Ms O'Donnell said. "Kate was calm, still, quietly beautiful. Gerry was confident, proud, silly, strong." (en hen gelijk maar een alibi verschaffen over die middag)

Maar dan over Robert Murat: "A policeman called with a translator, who turned out to be Robert Murat - soon to be the first official suspect in the case. He "had a squint and sweated slightly," said Ms O'Donnell. "He was breathless, perhaps a little excited... He reminded me of a boy in my class who was bullied." Daily Mail.

Nee, hier trap ik niet in Clarence Mitchell, alles laten goedpraten door deze Bridget O'Donnell, bovendien wil haar man Jeremy helemaal niet praten zo schrijft The Times. Dit verhaal in de Guardian is voor mij doorslaggevend deze so-called onafhankelijke krant van z'n voetstuk te meppen, wederom...zum kotzen.

(Justice for Madeleine)
En wederom niets over Maddy, alleen maar mensen die de kont van de ouders schoonpraten, .
quote:
Ms O'Donnell, who worked as a producer on BBC1's Crimewatch, revealed that she had debated with the McCanns the childcare arrangements at the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz and recalled admiring them for leaving their children to sleep in their apartment as they ate at a tapas restaurant nearby.
Hoe toevallig dat een producer van Crimewatch met de McCanns over de kinderopvang gesproken zou hebben, dit is een stukje boven wat jij aanhaalt te lezen in de link, hoe duidelijk wil je het hebben?
Dit is gewoon een botte leugen imho, alleen om de McCanns in een goed daglicht te zetten, wat heeft zij in vredesnaam met de zaak te maken en waarom wordt dit nu naar buiten gebracht?
Gewoon een rookgordijn.
be nice or go away
pi_55268490
quote:
Op vrijdag 14 december 2007 13:09 schreef kahaarin het volgende:

[..]

En wederom niets over Maddy, alleen maar mensen die de kont van de ouders schoonpraten, .
[..]

Hoe toevallig dat een producer van Crimewatch met de McCanns over de kinderopvang gesproken zou hebben, dit is een stukje boven wat jij aanhaalt te lezen in de link, hoe duidelijk wil je het hebben?
Dit is gewoon een botte leugen imho, alleen om de McCanns in een goed daglicht te zetten, wat heeft zij in vredesnaam met de zaak te maken en waarom wordt dit nu naar buiten gebracht?
Gewoon een rookgordijn.
Het begint echt op een wanhoopspoging te lijken, de McCanns en natuurlijk ook Clarence Mitchell worden onderhand nergens meer geloofd, zelfs de Daily Mail laat de anti-McCann-comments nu staan...

En prachtig stuk wordt beschreven door ene Spudgun, zijn artikel werd eerder op het Mirror-forum geplaatst en nu ook op anorak.co.uk: Madeleine....A Media Tragedy...an Anorakian View. Een lang (even gaan zitten, koffie en peuk erbij) maar excellent geschreven stuk... Ook een overzicht op video van hem: http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=2296203136219895848&hl=en-GB
  vrijdag 14 december 2007 @ 13:50:49 #184
145755 kahaarin
pi_55269021
quote:
Op vrijdag 14 december 2007 13:30 schreef Suko het volgende:

[..]

Het begint echt op een wanhoopspoging te lijken, de McCanns en natuurlijk ook Clarence Mitchell worden onderhand nergens meer geloofd, zelfs de Daily Mail laat de anti-McCann-comments nu staan...

En prachtig stuk wordt beschreven door ene Spudgun, zijn artikel werd eerder op het Mirror-forum geplaatst en nu ook op anorak.co.uk: Madeleine....A Media Tragedy...an Anorakian View. Een lang (even gaan zitten, koffie en peuk erbij) maar excellent geschreven stuk... Ook een overzicht op video van hem: http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=2296203136219895848&hl=en-GB
quote:
As to what really happened at the Ocean Club resort on or around that day in May, perhaps we shall never learn. How this sad case will conclude, IF it ever concludes at all, remains to be seen. Madeleine McCanns disappearance has become, perhaps, the most famous and mysterious missing person case of all time. But it needn’t have been. For both the British Police and the Polícia Judiciária are rightly regarded as being amongst the finest crime fighting units in the world.

Whatever crimes that took place involving Madeleine may forever go unsolved.

Whatever crimes that threaten to alienate and divide two countries, whose shared beliefs, mutual respect and loyalty is, since 1373 the oldest alliance in the world, must NOT be allowed to remain unsolved; for the sake of both countries, for Madeleine McCann and for us all.
Hier ben ik het helemaal mee eens, deze man rekent in zijn column vierkant af met die heldenverering van de ouders en met de diabolisering van de Portugezen, goed er zijn domme fouten gemaakt en dingen nagelaten, ik vond en vind de houding van de politie aldaar op zijn minst twijfelachtig, maar om Portugal neer te zetten als pedofiele schurkenstaat en de McCanns als heiligen is ook niet helemaal juist.
Verder lijkt het me ook erg belangrijk dat de beide politieapparaten hun haantjesgedrag moeten laten varen en in stilte buiten de media de handen ineen moeten slaan om Maddy te vinden, de poppenkast heeft lang genoeg geduurt en het is tijd voor samenwerken en constructief werken aan deze verschrikkelijke zaak.
be nice or go away
pi_55270499
fantastisch stuk idd, Suko, als je niet al misselijk was van het hele McCann Media Circus, dan wel na deze opsomming/beschrijving vh geheel..
  vrijdag 14 december 2007 @ 15:48:19 #186
798 voyeur
bemoeit zich
pi_55271599
Kudoos to Suko maar weer eens. Ik wist niet dat er een Story lezer in mij schuil ging, maar jouw (en andere) bijdrages zie ik altijd naar uit. Keep up the good work.
Here we are now, entertain us.
pi_55279642
Yes indeed een goed artikel Milagro en Voyeur, ik heb het nu twee maal tot mij genomen en je vind er zeker onderdelen in terug die ook hier op FOK! zijn gepost, dat is ook al prettig lezen. Ik vermoed dat Spudgun wel vaker zulke artikelen heeft geschreven, mogelijk een columnist met een journalistieke achtergrond, helaas is deze uiteenzetting alleen op blogs en fora gepost, maar gelukkig veel gelezen.

--------------------------------------------------------

En verder een stukje van één van mijn favobloggers, Transfattyacid:

The Shambles that is Sleazy Gordon's Administration

The shambles in Downing Street is clearly worse than we were led to believe.

Regular readers may recall that I made a freedom of information request, to know how many times Gordon Brown and David Milliband have spoken to the McCann's, their immediate family, Clarence Mitchell and those connected to the McCann's limited company.

Today I recieved a reply.

"Thank you for your e-mail of 16 November asking for details of phone calls, letters or e-mails between the Prime Minister and the family or representatives of the missing child Madeleine McCann.

Your request has been handled under the Freedom of Information Act

We do not hold any recorded information in relation to your request. We do hold the following extract from the Prime Minister's press conference with the Portuguese Prime Minister on 9 July 2007:

Question: There are some reports this morning that there maybe progress in the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann this week. Have you been discussing the case and can you tell us about anyprogress at all?

Prime Minister: Well Ihave raised the case with thePortuguese Prime Minister. I thanked him for the work that thePortuguese authorities have done, this has been a very detailed investigation and it is one that has involved not just the authorities in Portugal but the authorities right across Europe and in some cases beyond Europe. So we are grateful to the Portuguese authorities for the time and the effort and the dedication that is being put into this investigation. I have talked to Madeleine McCann's parents, I have heard from them their appreciation of the work that has been done in this investigation. Obviously there are issues that they want to be assured about and I have raised these with thePortuguese Prime Minister. He has assuredme that everything that can be done will be done and obviously we look for progress in what is something that is heart-rending in its sadness that a young child should be separated from her parents for so long with so little news of what has happened to her and at such a tender age.

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office provides consular assistance in cases involving British children missing abroad. FCO consular officials, both in London and Portugal, are providing all appropriate consular assistance to Madeleine's family. Consular officials continue to follow Madeleine's case closely and provide on-going assistance as they would for any British national in these circumstances. At the same time the UK and the Portuguese authorities are working closely together and remain focussed on their joint objective - to return Madeleine safely to her family."

Ok, it was expected, the brush off with a straight bat (to mix metaphors).

However in it's own way it is enlightening.

As it would seem to suggest that contacts between Gordon Brown have been far more involved and numerous than we have been led to believe. After all, if there had been the single call, as the Prime Ministers spokesman claimed in September; which contradicted a statement made in May, when Gordon Brown was attempting to use the case fro his own political advantage; then whay not just say that?

And it is also disingenuous because it was Clarence Mitchell who claimed in November that contacts between Team McCann and the government had ceased in September. Indeed this was the reason why I made the Freedom of Information request.

Is it really reasonable that the British government does not keep a record of phone conversations? Or that no one has the ability or facility to check the email system to find out how many times senior government ministers have intervened in an on going criminal investigation to correspond with the suspects?

Therefore it is only reasonable to conclude that the government has something to hide.

One wonders how much more sleazy this government can get?
Bron

-----------------------------------------------------

Dat sluit mooi aan hoe PM Gordon Brown gisteren omging wat betreft het Verdrag van Lissabon, de ondertekening en de fotoshoot met de andere EU-leiders. Bij ontvangst door de Portugese premier zag je hem horen vragen aan (twee uur te laat) minister Milliband, waar de Britse PM was, zo was te zien op het BBC-journaal van gisteren.

De datum van dit gebeuren stond al maanden vast maar Gordon Brown wist het toch te flikken dat agenda's botsten waardoor hij in z'n eentje ondertekende en niet op de foto staat welke belangrijk is voor de geschiedschrijving. Vandaag doet hij dat af met, "a fuss over nothing."

Mr Brown signed the treaty hours after fellow EU leaders.

Natuurlijk meldt de oppostie de laffe houding alleen met betrekking tot het weigeren van een referendum, dat zal best maar de houding van Brown tegenover de Portugese premier is natuurlijk 'a total snub'...

(Justice for Madeleine) <-> (A must read: Madeleine....A Media Tragedy...)
pi_55308391
quote:
Op vrijdag 14 december 2007 13:30 schreef Suko het volgende:

[..]

McCanns en Mitchell 'worden onderhand nergens meer geloofd'? Waaruit concludeer jij dat?
En dat artikel van Spudgun, ik moet er een beetje van gapen hoor.
I´m back.
pi_55314527
quote:
Op zondag 16 december 2007 10:02 schreef Ryan3 het volgende:

[..]

McCanns en Mitchell 'worden onderhand nergens meer geloofd'? Waaruit concludeer jij dat?
En dat artikel van Spudgun, ik moet er een beetje van gapen hoor.
Och, als je een beetje gaat rondbloggen en fora bezoekt dan zou ik het wel begrijpen als de heer C. Mitchell vandaag of morgen plostseling met de Noorderzon lijkt te zijn vertrokken... Het verhaal van Spudgun is misschien iets te breedsprakig maar inhoudelijk naar mijn mening de spijker op de kop geslagen, maar zoals altijd, het is voor een ieder vrij er anders over te denken.

Een opmerkelijk artikel van telegraph.co.uk, voorheen toch echt wel pro-McCann:
quote:
A homecoming too far for the McCanns
Of all the cruel and unusual headlines generated by the McCann case, it is simply the cruellest; Madeleine, we learned on Friday, could be "home for Christmas".

They were words of hope, untainted by the horror, grief and controversy occasioned by her disappearance. Contained in them was the promise that the four-year-old was just days away from being reunited, safe and well, with her parents. For the first time in seven months, I found my support for Kate and Gerry McCann wavering.

Journalistic hyperbole was not to blame for the happy-ever-after headline. The words accurately reflected claims made by the private investigator hired by the McCanns. The couple turned to Francisco Marco in September, after they became arguidos themselves and feared the Portuguese police were no longer pursuing anyone else in connection with their daughter's abduction.

I have always said publicly Madeleine is alive," Marco told a Spanish newspaper. "God willing, I hope she'll be back with her parents before Christmas." He knew who the kidnapper was, he added.

It wasn't Señor Marco's first offence. Last month, he assured us that he would find Madeleine "within five months". Next, he was telling CBS television in America that his agency, Metodo 3, was "100 per cent sure she is alive". Then he popped up on BBC1's Panorama, claiming that he knew who the kidnappers were and that "we are very, very close to catching them".

It is not the strategy one expects from a professional investigator, but discretion is not one of Señor Marco's attributes. The head of the "family-run" Spanish agency - a bizarre concept given the nature of their business - he relishes media attention. He courts the kind of sensational publicity guaranteed to have any kidnapper or paedophile heading for the hills.

Marco claims Metodo has returned 23 missing children to their families, though details of these successful cases have not been forthcoming - so far - despite requests from British journalists.

So why do the McCanns still believe Metodo 3 can deliver? The couple have suffered hellishly at the hands of a police force of such astounding incompetence that Clouseau would blush. Now, £50,000 a month from the Find Madeleine Fund is being paid to an agency which promises much and delivers little.

Following Señor Marco's latest claims, the McCanns issued a statement reiterating their confidence in Metodo's "operational capacity" to find Madeleine. At the same time, "sources" close to the family let it be known they were not entirely happy with the "level of certainty" Marco was expressing.

Kate and Gerry are intelligent people, doctors trained to deal in facts and probabilities, to face the reality of a diagnosis and deal with it. Their apparent refusal to accept, in the absence of a body, that their daughter is dead is, I suspect, for public consumption only.

In private, I'd be surprised if they persisted in denial. However, they also know that if they acknowledge the likelihood of her death publicly, then Madeleine's name will slip from the agenda, donations to the fund will stop, and all hope would truly wither.

Did the McCanns ever expect Metodo 3 to find her? I doubt it.
But what the agency is doing, courtesy of its outrageous claims, is keeping her in the news. Was it only coincidence that Señor Marco's remarks emerged two days after claims that police in Praia da Luz were to abandon the case, and that the seaside town that has been at the eye of the storm since May 3 was ready to move on, too?

Faded posters and photographs of Madeleine are disappearing from around the resort, as are the symbols of hope we became familiar with during the long, painful summer - the candles and the now bedraggled green and yellow ribbons.

I don't blame the McCanns for their desperate attempts to keep Madeleine in our minds. But the latest twist in the saga is unsettling. The Find Madeleine Fund was set up to do what it says, to discover what happened to her and bring her abductor to justice. Any surplus is to be used to help the families of other missing children. Instead, it appears to be funding publicity stunts.

"Home for Christmas" is such an evocative phrase, expressing a sentiment that most of us subscribe to. In Basra last week, the Prime Minister sympathised with those troops who would "not be home for Christmas". We all do.

Linking Madeleine to this cosy celebration of family life highlights the fresh agony Kate and Gerry face over the next two weeks. Last year, their beautiful little girl was there to help decorate the tree with her brother and sister. This year, short of a Christmas miracle - which is what every sane person prays for - she won't be and it was wrong to suggest otherwise. The McCanns should think again about Señor Marco.'
--------------------------------------------------------------

Inmiddels lijkt het er idd op dat de McCanns Metodo 3 een beetje zat is, Daily Mail, een stukje: 'Furious Kate and Gerry McCann have told their private detectives to stop making wild claims about the recovery of their daughter...."The couple have now warned the controversial detective firm that its £50,000-a-month contract is being reviewed, as the boasts could have jeopardised the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance. John Bateman, a former detective who runs UK-based P&D Investigations, said: "This is crazy. You should never make this kind of announcement, firstly for the security of the child and, secondly, you are alerting the offender."

-------------------------------------------------------

Maar 'gelukkig' zijn er ook kranten die vierkant achter de McCanns staan en schaamteloos hun verdriet publiceren.
News of the World: Twins ask Santa to bring Maddie back
Sunday Mirror: McCanns tell of twins' tearful plea
Sunday Express: NEW EVIDENCE ON MADDIE "The FBI has been asked to examine CCTV footage of three men acting suspiciously near the Algarve apartment that Madeleine McCann disappeared from. The night before she vanished, two men were seen acting nervously near the complex and on the evening she went, the same men were seen with a third man."
Sunday Star: CHRISTMAS PLEA TO MADDIE WITNESSES
En Sky News niet te vergeten: McCanns Plan Xmas Without Madeleine Met een toevoeging van 'onze' Clarence Mitchell ""I would ask that the media now respect Kate and Gerry's request for a private Christmas." Zou dat ook andersom gelden, dat het gepeupel verschoond blijft van volkomen voorspelbaar geleuter vanuit Rothley???

People: QUEEN'S MADDIE 'TRIBUTE'
The Queen is considering talking about Maddie in her Christmas speech.
She is said to be deeply saddened at the tot's disappearance and thinks a mention of her would strike a chord with the nation. Parents Kate and Gerry are "deeply touched" by Her Majesty's concern.

But the Queen will take advice about whether it is appropriate to refer to Maddie while the McCanns are still official "aguidos" - suspects. A Royal source said: "The case of Madeleine has touched the hearts of people everywhere and the Queen is no different.

"There's not one parent or grandparent who isn't hoping for Madeleine's safe return. It helps the public to know their monarch has the same hopes, fears and wishes as they do. "The Queen wants to give words of comfort to those affected but is still discussing whether it will be appropriate."

Maddie will have been missing for 236 days when the Queen broadcasts on Christmas Day. A Palace spokesman said last night: "We cannot comment on the contents of the speech."

Geloof ik persoonlijk niks van, volgens mij zijn de McCanns nog steeds Formeel verdachten.

----------------------------------------

Moet ik verder nog lezen, alvast een stukje uit de TheTimes: 'They were first to the table at the restaurant at 8.35 and spent some minutes talking to a couple from Hertfordshire – two more tennis players – at the next table, who were eating with their young children. As they chatted, Gerry thought how lucky he was, his children asleep nearby, he and Kate free to come and enjoy some adult time at the restaurant and not have to sit with their children, as this couple were.' Een lang artikel en zeeeeeeeeer pro-McCann, met enkele er-toe-doen verschillen als je de docu BBC-Panorama over de 'vermissing' hebt gezien.

pi_55329830
quote:
Op zondag 16 december 2007 16:14 schreef Suko het volgende:

[..]

Och, als je een beetje gaat rondbloggen en fora bezoekt dan zou ik het wel begrijpen als de heer C. Mitchell vandaag of morgen plostseling met de Noorderzon lijkt te zijn vertrokken... Het verhaal van Spudgun is misschien iets te breedsprakig maar inhoudelijk naar mijn mening de spijker op de kop geslagen, maar zoals altijd, het is voor een ieder vrij er anders over te denken.
Ik heb alleen niet zo'n hoge pet op van de weblogcultuur. Het trekt nutcases aan. .
Overigens zou ik ook niet weten waarom de bedenkingen tav de Portugese politie, waarvan ongetwijfeld een deel nog gefunctioneerd heeft in een dictatuur, gelaakt zou moeten worden, en zeker niet op de manier waarop de auteur dat doet.
I´m back.
  maandag 17 december 2007 @ 11:01:18 #191
798 voyeur
bemoeit zich
pi_55331586
Moet ik verder nog lezen, alvast een stukje uit de TheTimes: 'They were first to the table at the restaurant at 8.35 and spent some minutes talking to a couple from Hertfordshire – two more tennis players – at the next table, who were eating with their young children. As they chatted, Gerry thought how lucky he was, his children asleep nearby, he and Kate free to come and enjoy some adult time at the restaurant and not have to sit with their children, as this couple were.' Een lang artikel en zeeeeeeeeer pro-McCann, met enkele er-toe-doen verschillen als je de docu BBC-Panorama over de 'vermissing' hebt gezien.

[/quote]

Lees nog maar eens goed dan. De ironie druipt er hier en daar vanaf en het is al met al behoorlijk kritisch.
pi_55331854
Als je die Piers Merchant bedoelt heb je gelijk, hij wijt 'het falen van de Portugese politie' aan de nog jonge democratie en zijn elementen van het dictatorschap nog niet helemaal verdwenen. Maar Spudgun kan de objectiviteit opbrengen, gegeven de beschreven omstandigheden, om het prachtig samen te vatten: "For both the British Police and the Polícia Judiciária are rightly regarded as being amongst the finest crime fighting units in the world. Whatever crimes that took place involving Madeleine may forever go unsolved. Whatever crimes that threaten to alienate and divide two countries, whose shared beliefs, mutual respect and loyalty is, since 1373 the oldest alliance in the world, must NOT be allowed to remain unsolved; for the sake of both countries, for Madeleine McCann and for us all."

------------------------------------------------------------------

Ondertussen nog even een verschil wat betreft Gerry McCann, de uren in de namiddag op 3 mei, in The Times: "Gerry had knocked up at the start of the 4.30pm tennis-drills session, but had decided not to exacerbate an injury to his Achilles tendon, so had dropped out and waited around by the courts until the children came back from the kids’ clubs at 5pm for tea. That had been one of the most enjoyable times of the holiday, all the children together for tea, then the adults playing with them afterwards.

Gerry was in his apartment at 7pm, had a glass of water, then a beer, while the children sat with Kate on the couch having stories with a snack. The children were clearly shattered – the last thing any of them needed was a sedative and, anyway, it was not something the McCanns ever did. They put them to bed after a last story. The twins were asleep virtually the moment they lay down, Madeleine not far behind them.

These days it was rare for Madeleine to wake up at all once she was in bed. If she did, she’d normally wander into her parents’ bed, whether they were there or not. At home in Rothley, sometime earlier, they had begun a star chart for Madeleine staying in her own bed. The chart, still on display in the kitchen, was full of stars. At about 7.30pm, Kate and Gerry showered and changed and sat down to have a quiet glass of the sauvignon blanc.

BBC-Panorama: At 6 Gerry McCann has his third tennis lesson of the day so he leaves the flat. He says as a family they talked about bringing the children back out to play in the area by the courts. At 6.30 Gerry McCann asks a friend, David Payne, to pop in on Kate to see if the children are coming down. He goes to the flat, he says all is well, but the children are too tired and are already in their pyjamas. At 7, lesson over, Gerry McCann goes back to the apartment. He says he reads the children a story and all three are asleep by 7.30. The couple say they have a glass of wine before at half past eight they leave for the tapas restaurant, it's on the complex about 70 metres away.

Merkwaardig dat zowel de docu Panorama alswel het stuk in The Times door het McCann-kamp geautoriseerd is...

-----------------------------------------------------------

En plotseling wordt weer een 'waiter' van de Tapasbar opgevoerd. Hij beweerd: 'Contrary to what Kate McCann told police, the tapas restaurant worker also said that Kate McCann did scream: "They've taken her, they've taken her" when she learnt Madeleine was missing. He said instead of running back to the tapas bar where she was dining with her husband Gerry and friends, Mrs McCann raised the alarm from the balcony of their holiday apartment in Praia da Luz.' The mother's precise words have become a pivotal issue in the case, with Portuguese police questioning why she would automatically assume Madeleine had been abducted.' Daily Mail

Ook in de Daily Express: "A series of other witnesses have since come forward to back his evidence, including British nanny Charlotte Pennington, 20. Kate’s first words became a central issue as they appeared to indicate she had already rejected the possibility that Madeleine had simply wandered off. Police questioned why the 39-year-old GP was so certain that her daughter had been abducted, and regard it as possible evidence that she was already engaged in a cover-up. In contrast, friends insisted that rather than shouting from the balcony, Kate ran straight back to the restaurant crying: “Madeleine’s gone. Madeleine’s gone.”

Ook volgens The Times van gisteren: "Finally, at 10pm, it was Kate’s turn to check the apartment. She only became alarmed when she reached out to the children’s bedroom door and it blew shut. Inside the room the window was open, the shutter was up and Madeleine’s bed was empty. Kate quickly searched everywhere and ran back down the hill and into the restaurant: “Madeleine’s gone, somebody’s taken her” or “Madeleine’s gone, someone’s taken her.” Gerry stood up. “She can’t be gone.” “I’m telling you she’s gone, someone’s taken her.” It was reported that Kate had said “They’ve taken her,” as if it was someone that she knew. She did use those words, but only later, back in the apartment, in her despair, as she said: “We’ve let her down. They’ve taken her.”

Overigens lijkt die 'waiter' wel dezelfde als in in dit verhaal, ook in de Daily Express October 24 2007, hier heet hij Jose Baptista en was inderdaad al twee keer gehoord. Hij verteld over het reilen en zeilen van de McCanns van voor en vlak na de 'vermissing.'

----------------------------------------------------------------

Maar ze slaan terug! Suspect Murat translated as police questioned Tapas Nine

'The first suspect in the Madeleine McCann case sat in on police interviews with some of the Tapas Nine, it emerged last night. Robert Murat, 34 - who later became an arguido or official suspect - was allowed to act as a translator for police during crucial questioning of Kate and Gerry McCann's holiday friends.'

'Friends of the McCanns reacted with disbelief and anger to the news. There were also fears that Mr Murat could have influenced the police's understanding of the statements of the Tapas Nine. Rachael Oldfield, 36, who was dining with the couple on the night Madeleine vanished from her apartment at the Ocean Club complex, revealed yesterday how she spoke to police through Mr Murat.'

His lawyer said: "My client did not preside over police interviews of multiple witnesses. The only interview of which he translated was that of Dianne Webster." But last night one of the McCanns' friends: "It beggars belief. It's absolutely outrageous that someone who a few days later is declared an arguido was aware of much of what initial witnesses said." >>> Daily Mail En in The Sun en in The Mirror enzovoorts etc, und so weiter....whatever.

@ Voyeur, ik vind het onbehoorlijk pro-McCann maar het kán zijn dat men het op meerdere wijze kán intepreteren... De schrijver van het stuk zit vast te wachten op een boekopdracht, heeft hij al vaker gedaan en niet onverdienstelijk zo zegt men.

[ Bericht 0% gewijzigd door Suko op 17-12-2007 11:27:39 ]
pi_55331860
Teruglezend, dat stukje over die BBC presentatrice Bridget O'Donnell

"Kate was calm, still, quietly beautiful. Gerry was confident, proud, silly, strong."

wtf, quietly beautiful..... en dan die vieze smerige zwetende manke Murat natuurlijk

of dat latere artikel, de tweeling wil hun zusje terug voor Kerst, hebben ze aan de Kerstman gevraagd... right " mummy, what I would really really really like for Xmas is Maddie to come home "... twee jaar oud
pi_55332196
quote:
Op maandag 17 december 2007 11:15 schreef Suko het volgende:
Als je die Piers Merchant bedoelt heb je gelijk, hij wijt 'het falen van de Portugese politie' aan de nog jonge democratie en zijn elementen van het dictatorschap nog niet helemaal verdwenen. Maar Spudgun kan de objectiviteit opbrengen, gegeven de beschreven omstandigheden, om het prachtig samen te vatten: "For both the British Police and the Polícia Judiciária are rightly regarded as being amongst the finest crime fighting units in the world. Whatever crimes that took place involving Madeleine may forever go unsolved. Whatever crimes that threaten to alienate and divide two countries, whose shared beliefs, mutual respect and loyalty is, since 1373 the oldest alliance in the world, must NOT be allowed to remain unsolved; for the sake of both countries, for Madeleine McCann and for us all."
Hoezo behoren de British Police en de PJ tot de beste politiecorpsen van de wereld dan? De Britse politie heeft, volgens mij, in verschillende zaken, die vrij beroemd zijn, laten zien dat zij zeer zeker in staat is tot tunnelvisie. Van de PJ is niets bekend eigenlijk, maar ik schat in, mede door dat dictatoriaal verleden dat zij wrs niet beter uit de bus komt dan de Britse politie op dit punt. Die Spudgun gaat in zijn verhaaltje verder af op het goedaardse karakter van het gastvrije Portugese volk enz. enz., hij ziet zichzelf als half Portugees/half Brits. Kul argumentatie natuurlijk. Dat het volk goedaardig of gastvrij zou zijn, zegt niets over wat individuen uitpeuteren natuurlijk. Zegt ook niets over de reactie van autoriteiten als door deze zaak bekend zou worden dat de Algarve een speeltuin zou zijn voor allerhande pedofielen en men als gevolg daarvan bang is een groot deel van de inkomsten uit toerisme te moeten missen.
I´m back.
pi_55333746
quote:
Op maandag 17 december 2007 11:16 schreef milagro het volgende:
of dat latere artikel, de tweeling wil hun zusje terug voor Kerst, hebben ze aan de Kerstman gevraagd... right " mummy, what I would really really really like for Xmas is Maddie to come home "... twee jaar oud
wat is daar vreemd aan ? Kleine kinderen vragen wel vaker of een missend familielid met de kerst weer thuis is, zo vroeg mijn jochie van destijds 2 of zijn vader er weer zou zijn ..
pleased to meet you
pi_55334675
quote:
Op maandag 17 december 2007 11:31 schreef Ryan3 het volgende:

[..]

Hoezo behoren de British Police en de PJ tot de beste politiecorpsen van de wereld dan? De Britse politie heeft, volgens mij, in verschillende zaken, die vrij beroemd zijn, laten zien dat zij zeer zeker in staat is tot tunnelvisie. Van de PJ is niets bekend eigenlijk, maar ik schat in, mede door dat dictatoriaal verleden dat zij wrs niet beter uit de bus komt dan de Britse politie op dit punt. Die Spudgun gaat in zijn verhaaltje verder af op het goedaardse karakter van het gastvrije Portugese volk enz. enz., hij ziet zichzelf als half Portugees/half Brits. Kul argumentatie natuurlijk. Dat het volk goedaardig of gastvrij zou zijn, zegt niets over wat individuen uitpeuteren natuurlijk. Zegt ook niets over de reactie van autoriteiten als door deze zaak bekend zou worden dat de Algarve een speeltuin zou zijn voor allerhande pedofielen en men als gevolg daarvan bang is een groot deel van de inkomsten uit toerisme te moeten missen.
Oh, maar dat van de Algarve qua pedofielen-paradijs heb ik allang al eens gepost, dit ivm ver achterlopende wetgeving qua sex met minderjarigen, wat dat betreft moeten Portugese wetten vet worden aangepast. Andersom vind ik het zelf ook moeilijk bv de Schotten te veroordelen, ik kan even het accent niet aanhoren. Maar het is en blijft voor mij het mooiste land (wil er zelfs ooit gaan wonen) wat ik ooit heb gezien met zeer vriendelijke mensen, maar nu even niet. Die plotselinge solidariteit als een landgenoot in het nauw is (her)ken ik niet. (zou mij een rotzorg zijn als een kaaskop wordt verdacht in het buitenland) Het blad The Scotsman heeft o.a. Gerry McCann (naast de maandenlange gevangen gehouden Alan Johnston) genomineerd voor Scot of the Year 2007.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ondertussen is het nummer van Metodo 3, die beroemde PI's weet u wel, out of office, kennelijk...

Hotline out of service
The telephone line Metodo 3, installed by the private detective agency hired by the McCann, in order to receive information from potential witnesses, has been out of service in recent days.

Several attempts to call the number had no result and Clarence Mitchell, contacted by telephone, confirmed that the contract with Metodo 3 has been canceled, but he admits that the difficulties in getting an answer via the telephone hotline could be due to the fact that Metodo 3 has recently changed its offices.

Despite the fact that the line is out of service, in his latest message on the official website of Madeleine, Gerry McCann has once again called on potential witnesses to contact the Spanish phone line: "We still appeal to all those that may have any information that might be important to contact your local police or our private investigators to +34.902300213 if they have any information that might be important." Bron

Inderdaad blijven de McCannetjes (blog) achter Metodo 3 staan, gewoon blijven bellen als men Madeleine heeft gezien, zo blijft men ook prominent in het nieuws, wordt weer eens tijd voor een sighting!
  maandag 17 december 2007 @ 14:52:12 #197
145755 kahaarin
pi_55336992
@Suko: Wanneer zou ze thuis komen?
Ze waren vorige week toch al bijna achter haar verblijfplaats?
Maar nee, ze maken zich hier druk om, ik mag toch hopen dat die verhoren opgenomen zijn, er is vast nog wel iemand daar de Engelse taal machtig, die verhoren kunnen dan toch nagekeken worden?
quote:
The first suspect in the Madeleine McCann case sat in on police interviews with some of the Tapas Nine, it emerged last night.

Robert Murat, 34 - who later became an arguido or official suspect - was allowed to act as a translator for police during crucial questioning of Kate and Gerry McCann's holiday friends.

It meant that he had an extraordinary insight into the investigation during the vital early days after May 3 when Madeleine, then aged three, disappeared from the Portuguese holiday resort of Praia da Luz.

Friends of the McCanns reacted with disbelief and anger to the news.

There were also fears that Mr Murat could have influenced the police's understanding of the statements of the Tapas Nine.
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23428074-details/Madeleine%3A+Suspect+Murat+sat+in+as+police+questioned+Tapas+Nine/article.do?ito=newsnow&
be nice or go away
  maandag 17 december 2007 @ 17:16:49 #198
798 voyeur
bemoeit zich
pi_55340270
quote:
Op maandag 17 december 2007 14:52 schreef kahaarin het volgende:
@Suko: Wanneer zou ze thuis komen?
Ze waren vorige week toch al bijna achter haar verblijfplaats?
Maar nee, ze maken zich hier druk om, ik mag toch hopen dat die verhoren opgenomen zijn, er is vast nog wel iemand daar de Engelse taal machtig, die verhoren kunnen dan toch nagekeken worden?
[..]

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23428074-details/Madeleine%3A+Suspect+Murat+sat+in+as+police+questioned+Tapas+Nine/article.do?ito=newsnow&
Nou Kahaarin, ik denk dat het meer om de cover up van de tegenstrijdige verklaringen van de tapas 9 gaat. Die laatste meeting waar ze elkaar emotioneel zo goed gesteund hebben en waar al hun adviseurs bij moesten zijn om te voorkomen dat ze het per ongeluk over de alibi's zouden hebben is vast heel vervelend geweest. Hoe rijm je al die verschillen? Wel 'There were also fears that Mr Murat could have influenced the police's understanding of the statements of the Tapas Nine. '
  maandag 17 december 2007 @ 17:26:05 #199
798 voyeur
bemoeit zich
pi_55340517
Overigens opmerkelijk dat de Tapas nine zich nu pas beseffen dat de toenmalige tolk nu de verdachte is.'The first suspect in the Madeleine McCann case sat in on police interviews with some of the Tapas Nine, it emerged last night.

Die moeten een mega kater van die veertien flessen wijn gehad hebben als je daar een half jaar later pas achter komt terwijl dat vanaf het begin in de krant stonden en zijzelf Murat soms identificeren als the possible abductor. Maar hem nooit herkend hebben als de toenmalige tolk en daar alle duizend keer over heen gelezen?

Ik zou niet graag door het Tapas 9 / Wijn 14 Alheizer medisch genootschap behandeld worden.
pi_55340534
quote:
Op maandag 17 december 2007 12:43 schreef moussie het volgende:

[..]

wat is daar vreemd aan ? Kleine kinderen vragen wel vaker of een missend familielid met de kerst weer thuis is, zo vroeg mijn jochie van destijds 2 of zijn vader er weer zou zijn ..
maar natuurlijk, moussie
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')