Hometown: Bridgeport, CT, USA

DISCOGRAPHY

Albums
Inside Wants Out (EP)
Room For Squares
Heavier Things (tevens als Dual Disc)
Any Given Thursday (live-record)
As/Is (live record)
TRY! (credit als John Mayer Trio, live-record)
Continuum

DVD
Any Given Thursday

Singles (Nederland)
No Such Thing
Your Body is a Wonderland
Bigger Than My Body
Clarity
Daughters
Clarity (re-release)
Waiting On The World To Change

Trivia
* De platen worden voornamelijk geplugged door 3FM.
* John is eenmaal in Nederland verschenen, namelijk bij Claudia de Breij in de uitzending.
* Waiting On The World To Change is de eerste single van het album Continuum.
* Hij staat 17 oktober 2006 in een uitverkochte Melkweg te Amsterdam.

Upcoming
CONTINUUM
Release is 16 oktober 2006

Tracklist:
Waiting On The World To Change
I Don't Trust Myself (With Loving You)
Belief
Gravity
The Heart of Life
Vultures
Slow Dancing in a Burning Room
Stop This Train
Bold As Love
Dreaming With A Broken Heart
In Repair
I'm Gonna Find Another You
quote:

"With any trilogy," says John Mayer, "the third in the series blows it open."

On CONTINUUM the singer/songwriter/guitar slinger meets that challenge head-on. Mayer's third studio album follows the multi-platinum ROOM FOR SQUARES (2001) and HEAVIER THINGS (2003) and marks his first turn as producer. It is his most soulful, cohesive collection yet and he says it's no accident that this project is where all of his efforts, his potential, and his disparate influences fully come together.

"The night I was recognized for 'Daughters' at the Grammys was the night this record started," he says. "I knew I had bought the time to learn everything I needed before I started this one. CONTINUUM is not a shot in the dark, it's not a guesstimation. This is the first endeavor in my entire life, music or otherwise, that I did not cop out for a second on."

The last few years have seen Mayer maintaining a frantic pace. In addition to his own writing, recording, and touring, he has collaborated with icons and contemporaries alike - Eric Clapton, B.B. King, Buddy Guy, and Herbie Hancock, as well as Kanye West, the Dixie Chicks, and Alicia Keys. In doing so, Mayer says his own interests have grown and his perspectives expanded.

Mayer also credits his collaboration with Steve Jordan and Pino Palladino (collectively known as the John Mayer Trio) and the intimate-venue tour that produced the 2005 live album TRY! with helping to recalibrate his musical priorities. "As a songwriter, the Trio helped me focus on being more raw," he says. "As a guitar player, it helped me get a lot out of my system. If it wasn't for the Trio, CONTINUUM would have been less accessible. It let me settle up with my needs as a musician, and get to a point somewhere between the Trio record and ROOM FOR SQUARES - and that's a really good place to be."

While the Trio tour showcased Mayer's blazing fretwork, he says he learned lessons from those shows about restraint. "When I made my first record, there was no trust in space because it was all me, everything was just on those six strings," he says. "With Steve and Pino, it was all about space, using a whole different palette. When your tone is good on the guitar you need, like, four notes. The more concise and right you have it, the less you need around it."

Mayer points to one song in particular as the turning point for CONTINUUM. "I wrote 'Gravity' last summer, and it changed everything," he says. "You talk less when you trust that people understand you. 'Gravity' had to be sparse. And when I listened to it - for the first time, holding back - then it was a whole new game. That might be the most important song I ever wrote."

Armed with this outlook, Mayer knew CONTINUUM would tackle larger ideas than those that defined his previous albums. "A big challenge was writing about big themes," he says. "I'm not a better writer in terms of sitting down in front of a pad, but I'm better in terms of receiving inspiration and converting it into something 'real' quicker. I'm better equipped to deal with those moments."

With "Waiting on the World to Change", Mayer shot for something even more ambitious - something like an attempt to explain his generation's attitudes about politics. "It's meant to shed a little light on inactivity and inaction," he says, "because I don't believe that inaction is disinterest, I think inaction is preservation – nobody wants to get involved in a debate in which the rules and the facts will change so that they'll lose. So we end up with this other option, which is, I guess we'll just have to wait for things to get better.

Having just announced a co-headlining tour with Sheryl Crow to help launch CONTINUUM, Mayer is raring to start playing his new material for an audience. "This record is infinitely playable," he says. "I built so many corners into these songs I cannot wait to play them live."

Ultimately, CONTINUUM represents maturity, both musically and thematically, for John Mayer – a concept that he wasn't comfortable with until now. "A lot of these songs are about coming to terms with getting older," he says. "My generation was never told we were going to get older. We thought we were going to hear our names on 'Romper Room' for the rest of our lives. For a long time, I was really upset about getting older, worried that things were just going to level out.

"But then I realized that everyone around me was all getting older at the same time. We're all fighting it together, and we're always going to be those kids, the first really emotionally aware generation. When I realized that, I could relax about it a little bit. And I thought that maybe I can be the guy to sing about it."

www.johnmayer.com
SITES
www.johnmayer.com (officiele site)
www.j-mayer.org (fansite)
www.mystupidmouth.com (fan forum)
www.myspace.com/johnmayer
www.local-83.com (official fanclub)
www.score1more4me.com (fansite en downloads)

[ Bericht 1% gewijzigd door Numbie op 20-09-2006 14:49:05 (Score toegevoegd!) ]
pi_41982390
En je had gelijk nemesis; weer geen nummer van John. Ik zal toch echt eens mijn archief in moeten duiken wat dat betreft...
pi_41982566
Ik zit ook nog steeds te wachten ja..

Tot er een goedkoop kaartje op Markplaats komt
pi_41982688
Another kind of Green
"Vanity, definitely my favorite sin. . . ."
  woensdag 20 september 2006 @ 14:26:05 #5
17113 annoh
Beating hearts baby
pi_41982760
Leuke topic titel
I'm just a girl in the world.
pi_41983202
Ga eens niet zo hard potverdorie
pi_41983401
En wacht nog steeds op de andere datums voor Nederland !
pi_41983511
quote:
Op woensdag 20 september 2006 14:18 schreef JeroenV het volgende:
Ik zit ook nog steeds te wachten ja..

Tot er een goedkoop kaartje op Markplaats komt
Als je daar op blijft wachten kun je wel alvast beginnen te dreamen met een broken heart, om vervolgens heel lang in repair te zijn ben ik bang... Kidding, hoop echt dat je nog iets vindt

Oh ja, morgennacht de premiere van nieuwe seizoen CSI, met John. Hou de komende dagen dus zeker Score in de gaten...
pi_41984046
quote:
Op woensdag 20 september 2006 14:48 schreef Numbie het volgende:

[..]

Als je daar op blijft wachten kun je wel alvast beginnen te dreamen met een broken heart, om vervolgens heel lang in repair te zijn ben ik bang... Kidding, hoop echt dat je nog iets vindt
Ik heb de hoop wel lichtelijk opgegeven. Als je die prijzen ziet, die gaan niet meer onder de 100 euro per kaartje. Maar wie weet dat er nog wat geplaatst wordt als de datum nadert...
pi_41985107
quote:
Jensen....

Maar ja, beter ergens dan nergens. Eigenlijk heb je niet zoveel programma's met muziekoptredens. De Wereld Draait Door zou meer zijn ding zijn denk ik, maar ja, die doen nooit dit soort dingen.
Vroeger had Barend & van Dorp nog wel bekende buitenlandse artiesten, maar er is nog niet echt een opvolger op dit programma.
pi_41985802
In de 'Wereld draait door' zou wel mooi zijn. Misschien moeten we eens voor hem gaan lobbyen. Ik denk dat met de richting die John gekozen heeft het misschien wel leuk is. Of hij moet snel nog iets ludieks verzinnen voor in Nederland zodat het program er wel naar moet kijken. Meneer Mayer is toch zéér begaafd in het bedenken van ludieke acties?
pi_41986425
Mailen dus, even in mn mailtje alle woorden van Jensen in DWDD veranderen .
pi_41986722
quote:
Op woensdag 20 september 2006 14:48 schreef Numbie het volgende:

Oh ja, morgennacht de premiere van nieuwe seizoen CSI, met John. Hou de komende dagen dus zeker Score in de gaten...
Jeeh en nieuwe Grey's Anatomy...word vrijdag weer een hoop downloaden!
pi_41990344
Ik vond Robbie Williams toch beter bij Paul de Leeuw passen dan bij Jensen (Hij zou misschien naar Jensen gaan)

Dus van mij mag hij ook best een optreden doen bij Paul de Leeuw
pi_41996426
Ja Stanley, dat album volgt nog

Heb het album! Wat een stijl zeg; wel ff wat anders dan die lolbroekerij van HT. En de treintickets naar Londen zijn ook binnen
pi_41996721
En ander nieuws: op John's site staan nu nieuwe data. Maar niet in Europa.

October 26, 2006 - Dubai, UAE
Desert Rhythm Festival
Dubai Country Club
Al Quoz Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Tickets on sale now here.

November 9, 2006 - Tokyo, JAP
Ebisu Garden Hall
1-13-2 Mita
Meguro-ku, Tokyo 153-0062

Tickets on sale 9/30 here.

In other international touring news, the October 17 show at the Melkweg sold out in 3 minutes, a venue record.

Further information will be added to the TOUR page as it is confirmed.
pi_41997781
quote:
Op woensdag 20 september 2006 21:35 schreef Numbie het volgende:
Ja Stanley, dat album volgt nog

Heb het album! Wat een stijl zeg; wel ff wat anders dan die lolbroekerij van HT. En de treintickets naar Londen zijn ook binnen
Heb je het nu over TRY! ?
pi_41997829
Val ik herhaling als ik zeg dat ik freaking duitsland data wil? Die luie ass gaat toch niet serieus bijna een week vrij nemen tussen A'dam en London? En die dikgedrukte regel zou toch ook bij hem een belletje moeten doen rinkelen dat een extra optreden hier geen overbodige luxe is
pi_41998826
quote:
Op woensdag 20 september 2006 22:00 schreef nemesis4 het volgende:

[..]

Heb je het nu over TRY! ?
John zei laatst in een blog het volgende:

"We discussed it tonight, and I'm happy to announce that the Trio will enter the studio to record an album before very long... Continuum, indeed."

Snap alleen niet of hij nou Continuum het album bedoelt; of dat hij dit volgende album ziet als een soort van logisch gevolg op Continuum...
Dat dikgedrukte heb ik trouwens gedaan
pi_42000599
Met de trein naar London? Vanaf het vliegveld neem ik aan? Of ga je met de boot?
pi_42001036
Ja, via Brussel en dan onder het kanaal door. Kost net zoveel als vliegen, en duurt net zo lang in totaal, alleen zit je dan wel meteen in het centrum van Londen
pi_42001723
Duurt net zo lang? Zal toch iets van 5 of 6 uur duren met de trein? Nouja ik zit natuurlijk binnen een uur op Schiphol moet je vanuit andere delen van NL komen dan zal je iid wel voordeel hebben.
Je moet even laten weten hoe het is geweest met de trein....ik voorziel namelijk een zeer goede manier om onder het vliegen uit te komen
pi_42001843
Ik ben nog steeds aan het hopen op nog een concert in nederland. (tegen beter weten in waarschjnlijk maja....)
Koning.
pi_42001845
Met de trein duurt het idd 5 1/2 uur, maar daar zit een klein uur pauze tussen in Brussel, en dan zit je meteen in Waterloo station. En heb het al eens gedaan, dit voorjaar nog. Erg comfortabel, je gaat zitten en je laat je gewoon rijden. Heb een hekel aan al dat inchecken en zo wat perse meer dan een uur van te voren moet met vliegen. En we kunnen nu vanaf Amsterdam vertrekken, terwijl we anders naar Eindhoven moesten...
abonnement bol.com Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')