Singles (Nederland)
No Such Thing
Your Body is a Wonderland
Bigger Than My Body
Clarity
Daughters
Clarity (re-release)
Waiting On The World To Change

* De platen worden voornamelijk geplugged door 3FM.
* John is eenmaal in Nederland verschenen, namelijk bij Claudia de Breij in de uitzending.
* Waiting On The World To Change is de eerste single van het album Continuum.

Upcoming
Continuum
Release is 16 oktober 2006

Tracklist:
Waiting On The World To Change
I Don't Trust Myself (With Loving You)
Belief
Gravity
The Heart of Life
Vultures
Slow Dancing in a Burning Room
Stop This Train
Bold As Love
Dreaming With A Broken Heart
In Repair
I'm Gonna Find Another You
quote:
"With any trilogy," says John Mayer, "the third in the series blows it open."

On CONTINUUM the singer/songwriter/guitar slinger meets that challenge head-on. Mayer's third studio album follows the multi-platinum ROOM FOR SQUARES (2001) and HEAVIER THINGS (2003) and marks his first turn as producer. It is his most soulful, cohesive collection yet and he says it's no accident that this project is where all of his efforts, his potential, and his disparate influences fully come together.

"The night I was recognized for 'Daughters' at the Grammys was the night this record started," he says. "I knew I had bought the time to learn everything I needed before I started this one. CONTINUUM is not a shot in the dark, it's not a guesstimation. This is the first endeavor in my entire life, music or otherwise, that I did not cop out for a second on."

The last few years have seen Mayer maintaining a frantic pace. In addition to his own writing, recording, and touring, he has collaborated with icons and contemporaries alike - Eric Clapton, B.B. King, Buddy Guy, and Herbie Hancock, as well as Kanye West, the Dixie Chicks, and Alicia Keys. In doing so, Mayer says his own interests have grown and his perspectives expanded.

Mayer also credits his collaboration with Steve Jordan and Pino Palladino (collectively known as the John Mayer Trio) and the intimate-venue tour that produced the 2005 live album TRY! with helping to recalibrate his musical priorities. "As a songwriter, the Trio helped me focus on being more raw," he says. "As a guitar player, it helped me get a lot out of my system. If it wasn't for the Trio, CONTINUUM would have been less accessible. It let me settle up with my needs as a musician, and get to a point somewhere between the Trio record and ROOM FOR SQUARES - and that's a really good place to be."

While the Trio tour showcased Mayer's blazing fretwork, he says he learned lessons from those shows about restraint. "When I made my first record, there was no trust in space because it was all me, everything was just on those six strings," he says. "With Steve and Pino, it was all about space, using a whole different palette. When your tone is good on the guitar you need, like, four notes. The more concise and right you have it, the less you need around it."

Mayer points to one song in particular as the turning point for CONTINUUM. "I wrote 'Gravity' last summer, and it changed everything," he says. "You talk less when you trust that people understand you. 'Gravity' had to be sparse. And when I listened to it - for the first time, holding back - then it was a whole new game. That might be the most important song I ever wrote."

Armed with this outlook, Mayer knew CONTINUUM would tackle larger ideas than those that defined his previous albums. "A big challenge was writing about big themes," he says. "I'm not a better writer in terms of sitting down in front of a pad, but I'm better in terms of receiving inspiration and converting it into something 'real' quicker. I'm better equipped to deal with those moments."

With "Waiting on the World to Change", Mayer shot for something even more ambitious - something like an attempt to explain his generation's attitudes about politics. "It's meant to shed a little light on inactivity and inaction," he says, "because I don't believe that inaction is disinterest, I think inaction is preservation – nobody wants to get involved in a debate in which the rules and the facts will change so that they'll lose. So we end up with this other option, which is, I guess we'll just have to wait for things to get better.

Having just announced a co-headlining tour with Sheryl Crow to help launch CONTINUUM, Mayer is raring to start playing his new material for an audience. "This record is infinitely playable," he says. "I built so many corners into these songs I cannot wait to play them live."

Ultimately, CONTINUUM represents maturity, both musically and thematically, for John Mayer – a concept that he wasn't comfortable with until now. "A lot of these songs are about coming to terms with getting older," he says. "My generation was never told we were going to get older. We thought we were going to hear our names on 'Romper Room' for the rest of our lives. For a long time, I was really upset about getting older, worried that things were just going to level out.

"But then I realized that everyone around me was all getting older at the same time. We're all fighting it together, and we're always going to be those kids, the first really emotionally aware generation. When I realized that, I could relax about it a little bit. And I thought that maybe I can be the guy to sing about it."

www.johnmayer.com
SITES
www.johnmayer.com (officiele site)
www.j-mayer.org (fansite)
www.mystupidmouth.com (fan forum)
http://www.myspace.com/johnmayer (exclusieve tracks + blog)
pi_41626818
Tadaaaa!
pi_41626905
jeeeeh...

Valt me tegen dat je de TT niet: Nee John treedt niet op 17 oktober op in de melkweg, hebt genoemd

Dr staat trouwens weer een erg grappig artikel in de Rolling Stone van deze maand als ik zo de comments op zn myspace lees:
quote:
I just read your article in "Rolling Stone" magazine and I have to say that I'm very disappointed. I admired you for not drinking or doing drugs in a business where that is prevalent. To read that you are now doing both disturbs me greatly. It's not so much the drinking as it is the drugs. I really thought you had more sense than that. After all, who in their late 20's all of a sudden decides to fuck up their brain on drugs? I really hope this is a short phase. Until then, you've lost a fan in me. I was really looking forward to your album coming out next week, but I have lost all respect for you at this point. I sincerely hope you get it together.
*hihi*
pi_41626964
Wat een stelletje onzinnige lui zeg... :s

En kreeg het vriendelijke verzoek vlak hiervoor om dat vooral niet te doen
pi_41627019
Daarom juist

Ik kan trouwens echt nog geen zak vinden aan andere europese data.
Das net zoals toen met Gavin. Nederland gooit die data maar meteen online en de rest van europa komt echt een week of 2 later eens met owja laten we ze een op een ticketsite zetten.
  vrijdag 8 september 2006 @ 20:16:12 #6
102865 One_conundrum
zeg maar Conundrum
pi_41627312
ideale date, zijn concert, nu hopen dat ik die kaarten kan fixen
"Vanity, definitely my favorite sin. . . ."
pi_41627605
vanaf woensdag 13 september in de voorverkoop
pi_41627748
Nice...ben dan vrij dus dat is mooi.
pi_41627813
Ik niet maja frs zit 100 meter van mijn werk vandaan dus mag vast wel even 5 minuutjes heen en weer
  vrijdag 8 september 2006 @ 20:32:44 #10
102865 One_conundrum
zeg maar Conundrum
pi_41627853
kun je ze ook bij elke FRS regelen?
pi_41628062
Waar heb je die info vandaan? Dat is komende woensdag dus; mooi, ben dan toch vrij
  vrijdag 8 september 2006 @ 20:39:49 #13
21410 Fliepke
Serieuze waarheid
pi_41628098
Hoe weet je dat stefannn?
  vrijdag 8 september 2006 @ 20:40:25 #14
102865 One_conundrum
zeg maar Conundrum
pi_41628122
groningen
pi_41628191
nieuw in de voorverkoop

vanaf woensdag 13 september in de voorverkoop:
Datum | aanvangstijd | prijs* | zaal
*lidmaatschap verplicht tenzij anders vermeld

do 28 & vr 29 september | ¤ 32,00 geen verpl. lidm.
Ghostface Killah & Appelsap combiticket

vr 29 september | 23.00 uur | ¤ 12,50 | The Max
Appelsap - Wu Tang Forever

ma 9 oktober | 21.00 uur | ¤ 18,00 | The Max
Tony Rebel & Warrior King with the C Sharp band

zo 1 oktober | 20.30 uur | ¤ 17,50 | The Max
Popcorn Revu (sounds of late 60th, soul, R/B and Boogaloo)

vr 13 oktober | 22.00 uur | ¤ 16,00
Superwoelig

di 17 oktober | 21.00 uur | ¤ 20,00 | The Max
John Mayer

do 19 oktober | 13.00 uur | ¤ 10,00 | The Max
Voorronde 1 The Global Battle of the Bands 2006

vr 20 oktober | 13.00 uur | ¤ 10,00 | The Max
Voorronde 2 The Global Battle of the Bands 2006

za 21 oktober | 19.00 uur | ¤ 10,00 | The Max
Finale The Gobal Battle of the Bands 2006

do 26 oktober | 22.00 uur | ¤ 6,00 | The Max & Oude Zaal
Poptrash 1 Year Disaster

wo 15 november | 21.00 uur | ¤ 12,00 | Oude Zaal
Stijn

vr 1 december | 20.15 uur | ¤10,00 | Oude Zaal
Agrésion (afscheidsconcert) Surf Malandros / Image Treason

vr 8 december | 20.30 uur | ¤ 10,00 | Oude Zaal
Alexisonfire

za 6 januari | 21.30 uur | ¤ 10,00 | Oude Zaal
Coparck

Melkweg site
pi_41628227
Toch ook gewoon via Ticketservice lijkt mij?
pi_41628351
Al

Ja, ik neem aan gewoon via ticketservice
pi_41628379
Het zal toch niet binnen een paar uur al uitverkocht zijn toch? Ik moet tot 1 uur werken.

Numbie, op de site bij Nieuws en dan Nieuw in de voorverkoop.
  vrijdag 8 september 2006 @ 20:47:54 #19
21410 Fliepke
Serieuze waarheid
pi_41628411
20 euro
Wat een grap. Dat wordt een leuk dagje dan, want dan blijft er geld over
pi_41628465
Ik weet het eerlijk gezegd niet; er zijn erg veel fans die niet zo fanatiek op het net zitten als wij volgens mij. Alleen al de john mayer hyve heeft meer dan 800 leden inmiddels...
pi_41628548
In ons voordeel spreekt dat het niet lang bekend is voor de voorverkoop begint. Ik gok maar op de telefoon, als de lijnen niet te lang bezet zijn.
  vrijdag 8 september 2006 @ 20:51:58 #22
102865 One_conundrum
zeg maar Conundrum
pi_41628553
hebben ze het nieuws daar al vernomen dan:?
pi_41628562
Stil houden
pi_41628576
Nee, met een reden mensen...

(heel gemeen weet het )
pi_41628681
PAs van de daken schreeuwen als de kaartjes binnen zijn
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar: