abonnement Unibet Coolblue
  vrijdag 2 juni 2006 @ 19:29:00 #201
14505 OProg
A Life in Music
pi_38483934
Moonchild net opgezet. Ze knallen er meteen flink in zeg.
"Het is oorlog, bedankt Vannoppen, bedankt Van der Linden. Dit is het laatste dat ik voor de Belgische ploeg gedaan heb. Ze kunnen allemaal de boom in."
Improv: Rich Tapestry of Life
  Moderator vrijdag 9 juni 2006 @ 19:47:20 #202
27682 crew  Bosbeetle
terminaal verdwaald
pi_38704288
Jul. 14, 2006 Dour, Belgium Dour Festival
w/ Mercury Rev, Fischerspooner, etc.
Jul. 15, 2006 Suffolk, England Latitude Festival
w/ Patti Smith, etc.
Jul. 17, 2006 London, England Astoria
w/ Dub Trio
Jul. 20, 2006 Costa Mesa, CA Orange County Fair - Pacific Ampitheater
w/ Gnarls Barkley
Jul. 23, 2006 Los Angeles, CA Avalon
w/ Gnarls Barkley
Jul. 24, 2006 Los Angeles, CA Avalon
w/ Gnarls Barkley
Jul. 27, 2006 Chicago, IL tba
w/ Dub Trio
Jul. 28, 2006 Twin Lakes, WI Hedgpeth Festival

en weer dour
En mochten we vallen dan is het omhoog. - Krang (uit: Pantani)
My favourite music is the music I haven't yet heard - John Cage
Water: ijskoud de hardste - Gehenna
  Moderator zaterdag 10 juni 2006 @ 20:13:25 #203
27682 crew  Bosbeetle
terminaal verdwaald
pi_38731427
De cd van otto von schirach staat nu ook aangekondigd op ipecac

nu missen alleen numertje 72 en 74 nog

peeping tom vinyl ???
  Moderator maandag 26 juni 2006 @ 18:49:54 #205
27682 crew  Bosbeetle
terminaal verdwaald
pi_39258718
hmm ik lees op blabbermouth dat peeping tom op de family values tour staat

en dat estradasphere bij the end records heeft gesigned en met een nieuwe cd komen
  maandag 26 juni 2006 @ 19:32:20 #206
9362 Dubbelzuurrr
Humanistisch misantroop
pi_39260970
quote:
Op maandag 12 juni 2006 11:22 schreef mr_cucumber het volgende:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTCliDUJQ90&search=mr%20bungle

amusant filmpje waarin Mr Bungle de RHCP op de hak neemt
Dat is een nummer uit een Bungle-optreden dat uitsluitend bestaat uit nummers van RHCP, een minuut of 40 - Ze worden daar met elk denkbaar typerend trekje de grond in geboord... en dan is het optreden ook nog van betere kwaliteit
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society..
pi_39261335
quote:
Op vrijdag 9 juni 2006 19:47 schreef Bosbeetle het volgende:
Jul. 14, 2006 Dour, Belgium Dour Festival
w/ Mercury Rev, Fischerspooner, etc.
Jul. 15, 2006 Suffolk, England Latitude Festival
w/ Patti Smith, etc.
Jul. 17, 2006 London, England Astoria
w/ Dub Trio
Jul. 20, 2006 Costa Mesa, CA Orange County Fair - Pacific Ampitheater
w/ Gnarls Barkley
Jul. 23, 2006 Los Angeles, CA Avalon
w/ Gnarls Barkley
Jul. 24, 2006 Los Angeles, CA Avalon
w/ Gnarls Barkley
Jul. 27, 2006 Chicago, IL tba
w/ Dub Trio
Jul. 28, 2006 Twin Lakes, WI Hedgpeth Festival

en weer dour
Als het goed is heeft een vriend van me vandaag kaartjes voor Astoria besteld.
Semi0n is dead, long live Stress Techniques. New project: LLB - JG
http://http://llbinc.bandcamp.com/
  dinsdag 27 juni 2006 @ 10:19:55 #208
119963 Paradigm_shift
Knight of Damcar
pi_39276782
Veel nieuws uit het Secret Chiefs 3 kamp:

Happy Solstice! We tip the chalice towards our brothers and sisters celebrating Litha, Alban Hefin, Day of Sayyidna Yahya al-Sabi-yun, Sankt Hans. A day of rejoicing and of tears, coincident with a rarely exalted Moon.

Commencing Arc of Descent, mid 2006 (Year of Yang Red Fire Dog), Year of Changes at Mimicry Recordings.

Secret Chiefs 3.
Yes, seemingly dormant for long periods, this dragon is about to begin to whip its tail like never before:

A slew of SC3 related 7" records slated for Fall:

Anticipating the Secret Chiefs 3 "Book of Souls", this Fall we will be putting out several 7" recordings --- these will include offerings from SC3 satellite bands, the Electromagnetic Azoth. Ishraqiyun, UR (at least three, maybe four of them!) and Traditionalists. These recordings will NOT be on the upcoming SC3 album (except for an alternate version of one song, maybe a second), and will be limited to 1000 copies each! We'll try not to slay you too bad on the price just for the 'rarity'; but they'll be on good vinyl and printed extra nicely, so they won't exactly be cheap either. A lot of this shit will NEVER be available on CD. We seek to respect and promote the 7" medium as never before! So no, the material here is anything but "throwaway", as sometimes is the prevailing habit.

A SC3 retrospective CD with bonus rare tracks etc. gears us up for "Book of Souls":

Gearing up for the "Book of Souls" release will be a retrospective CD of SC3 music over the years, called "Path of Most Resistance", which will feature selections from the previous albums and some rare tracks and video. Not neccesarily essential for hardcore fans (except for the bonus material), but it will definately be useful to introduce new listeners to the daunting output of the SC3 (finally an answer to "which one should I start with?"). It's also going to be a good promotion tool on the cusp of the SC3 next mega opus.

In all, around around eight SC3 related releases slated for Fall, and it's just the beginning! Take a peek at what's in store for 07:

Book of Souls, early 07. Also hitting ground in early 07 will be the new UR album. (It's actually closer to being bagged than the SC3!!!) An Ishraqiyun album is also getting close. Bang! A Masada release for Zorn from Secret Chiefs 3 is tentatively slated for May.

That's right...

And before anyone asks about Holy Vehm, and Electromagnetic Azoth full lenghths, the answer is "yes" -- recording began on those last June. After completion of SC3 and UR, final work will commence in full on those in late Fall.

Still waiting on musician availability for a SC3 mini-tour of the eastern U.S. this Fall. Cross the fingers! The West Coast tour w/Sleepytime in January definately went spectacularly, and it'd be good to make it happen again in that band-member configuration once more before the shapeshifting Draconian Chiefdom wrests itself off the Pole, tearing the Tzimtzum a new Borea in Septentrion 07. What we mean is that the SC3 will definately be on the road behind the new album (early 2007) in a myriad of configurations -- you'll want to keep an eye on this website to know which one(s) are headed your way...

Eyvind Kang:
Another Fall 7" release (we're not fucking around with this!): Hallelujah -- we have an Eyvind Kang one on the way!:

Eyvind's 7" will feature live performances of orchestral compositions: one side was recorded in Italy with a large orchestra & with Kala Ramnath soloing on violin (!!); and the other was recorded in Seattle with Jessika Kenney (voice) soaring an unforgettable melody over a more eclectic rock / orchestral ensemble -- this is some of Eyvind's strongest stuff, no joke!

Sleepytime Gorilla Musem / Estradasphere:
Congratulations are in order both for Sleepytime Gorilla Museum and for Estradasphere (as well as for The End Records, who have had the good fortune of signing both of these bands!). We give %100 support to both bands moving on to the bigger and greener pastures at The End; and we give The End salutations for being indeed a great label with a vision perfectly suited to this insane music. When WoM comes upon fellow musicians who deserve more notice and success than they are getting, and we have a hand in helping them find it, we definately take special pride in that! Besides helping some friends, we feel we've fulfilled our charter as a label here... good luck to everyone involved!

Things do have a way of turning out the way they should - and nothing could make that more clear than perfect timing! Read here to find out about the long-developing shift in basic values at Mimicry Recordings, now made completely official by the launching of these two great bands from our overly-modest lily-pad:

We'll see how this 7" thing goes after all the stuff happening now. But these releases reflect a long-approaching shift in values at Mimicry Recordings:

"How so? Taking valiant works and isolating them in difficult formats, and then burying them further under a suicidally inappropriate sheen of avant gardeism constitutes a 'shift in values'"?

Yeah, well... But we're mainly just getting in the habit of freeing our limited resources to support only what we feel are truly "special case" instances in music. Kang's acoustic recordings of actual ensembles is a good start. We've learned a lot in our EIGHT FUCKING YEARS as a label. If in the last year we've been intentionally getting
lighter of releases, it's because we intend to re-awaken a space (probably often outside of the usual band format) where the disappearing art of compositional mastery is most highly valued -- and/or where a true "exceptional-ness" of some sort really shows, be it on an order approaching Beethoven, GG Allin, or Bernard Parmegiani; its important that a certain poetic / philosophical explosiveness be seen THRIVING here in all its innate madness...

Besides the fact that in general things like we are dreaming of don't seem to be happening in music on the artistic side of the spectrum very much (yet / anymore), we do see fewer and fewer obstacles to fulfilling our objective as a label. In order to be a good host whenever this muse should authentically strike, we'll stubbornly wait in silence for her, and only her. Our Halls (and the gaping void in our release schedule) will henceforth be filled only with the Maenads of extraordinary compositional /philosophical acumen, or with the mad fucking shrieks
of Dionysus himself.

And above all, thanks for paying attention to what we're up to around here...

Een Masada release door Secret Chiefs, een hele berg aan SC3 subband releases en Book of Trtug deel 2!! 3 Expensive times are ahead of us!
A pseudo-individual is a resource to be mined
like any other product only, this one sells itself
http://www.last.fm/user/paradigm__shift/
  Moderator dinsdag 27 juni 2006 @ 16:59:32 #209
27682 crew  Bosbeetle
terminaal verdwaald
pi_39289403
quote:
Op dinsdag 27 juni 2006 10:19 schreef Paradigm_shift het volgende:
Expensive times are ahead of us!
Zeg dat !
  Moderator zaterdag 1 juli 2006 @ 03:16:02 #210
27682 crew  Bosbeetle
terminaal verdwaald
pi_39415321
dr is al een 2de plaat van moonchild

dit zegt patton erover :
quote:
You just finished up a John Zorn album as well.

Two, actually—I just did another one last week. I was in New York rehearsing with the X-Ecutioners—we did a gig in Portugal the other day—and Zorn had already written the second installment of this Moonchild project. Just like the first one, we recorded it in a day, and it’s amazing—even crazier than the last one. He gave me one of the most severe studio workouts I think I’ve ever had. It was nine hours straight of screaming at the top of my lungs in every possible register. I got some really intense migraines, actually—it got a little scary.

bron : http://www.decibelmagazine.com/features_detail.aspx?id=4244
  Moderator dinsdag 11 juli 2006 @ 23:43:26 #211
27682 crew  Bosbeetle
terminaal verdwaald
pi_39738769
quote:
Next to "An Inconvenient Truth" , what is the most important movie of the last 10 years? Ok, not counting "Death To Smoochy". "Firecracker" perhaps? Maybe not, but you can get it on Dvd straight from the creators at: http://www.dikenga.com/merchandise/default.htm
This is of course the movie that Mike Patton makes his film acting debut in playing 2 parts! Hey, Roger Ebert loved it, maybe you will too. Own it today!!!!!
ipecac nieuws alleen amerika jammer genoeg ... (ik ben er niet lang genoeg meer)
  Licht Ontvlambaar zaterdag 29 juli 2006 @ 23:27:34 #212
94264 Uzumaki_Naruto
Fearless Vampire Killer
pi_40309983
http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/o/ogonbat.htm

Ogon Bat is a protector sent forward in time from Atlantis, and charged with helping defend the modern world against evil forces which might threaten it. He was placed into suspended animation, and buried in an Egyptian tomb

Aliases: Golden Bat (translation of name), Phantoma (U.S.name), Fantaman (Italian name), Fantasmagórico (Mexican name), Fantomas (Brazilian name)
  Moderator zaterdag 29 juli 2006 @ 23:45:50 #213
27682 crew  Bosbeetle
terminaal verdwaald
pi_40310430
quote:
Op zaterdag 29 juli 2006 23:27 schreef Uzumaki_Naruto het volgende:
http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/o/ogonbat.htm

[afbeelding]

Ogon Bat is a protector sent forward in time from Atlantis, and charged with helping defend the modern world against evil forces which might threaten it. He was placed into suspended animation, and buried in an Egyptian tomb

Aliases: Golden Bat (translation of name), Phantoma (U.S.name), Fantaman (Italian name), Fantasmagórico (Mexican name), Fantomas (Brazilian name)
Haha volgensmij komt de naam fantômas van

boeken van marcel allain
  Licht Ontvlambaar zaterdag 29 juli 2006 @ 23:54:48 #214
94264 Uzumaki_Naruto
Fearless Vampire Killer
  Moderator dinsdag 15 augustus 2006 @ 17:14:01 #215
27682 crew  Bosbeetle
terminaal verdwaald
pi_40834548
quote:
Wow! Just when you think things can't get any cooler or weirder. We are very happy to announce that PEEPING TOM have been asked to open the first 7 US shows for the freakin' WHO in September!!!!!! First Gnarls Barkley, then the WHO???? This is fun! I'm not talking about the Guess Who. We're talking "Won't Get Fooled Again". Pete and Roger. Madison Square Garden. Hot damn. Look for dates listed in calendar section. To be honest, not sure if any tickets are left.
ghehe patton in het voorprogramma van the who
  dinsdag 15 augustus 2006 @ 17:30:41 #216
24054 search64
Avec le grande
pi_40835057
quote:
Op zaterdag 29 juli 2006 23:54 schreef Uzumaki_Naruto het volgende:
kan alle 2
Als je nou eens gewoon op Ipecac zou kijken;

"The brainchild of Mike Patton, Fantômas is an anti-hero from a series of pre-WWI French crime novels, sometimes dubbed the “lord of terror.”
"He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man."
  dinsdag 15 augustus 2006 @ 17:34:32 #217
47295 Angel_of_Dth
Enjoy the silence
pi_40835176
En ik baal er nog steeds van dat ik jaren geleden niet het geld had om verder te bieden (op Ebay) op een van de boeken (in het Engels, eerste of tweede druk, in prima staat). Maar het was uiteindelijk toch wel te duur geworden, ook door hoge verzendkosten.
Vows are spoken to be broken
Feelings are intense, words are trivial
Pleasures remain, so does the pain
Words are meaningless and forgettable
  maandag 4 september 2006 @ 20:30:42 #218
24054 search64
Avec le grande
pi_41492105
Nieuwe site van ipecac en;

Nieuwe plaat van the Melvins
  donderdag 7 september 2006 @ 14:51:25 #219
42636 TheSeeker_NL
Damn fine coffee
pi_41584375
tvp
  Moderator donderdag 7 september 2006 @ 15:08:49 #220
27682 crew  Bosbeetle
terminaal verdwaald
pi_41584922
quote:
Op maandag 4 september 2006 20:30 schreef search64 het volgende:
Nieuwe site van ipecac en;

Nieuwe plaat van the Melvins
Die stond ook al op de oude site

er is trouwens nogsteeds 1 ontbrekend nummer wat zou daar komen nr 72 mss die nieuwe tomahawk ?
  donderdag 7 september 2006 @ 15:23:01 #221
24054 search64
Avec le grande
pi_41585369
quote:
Op donderdag 7 september 2006 15:08 schreef Bosbeetle het volgende:

[..]

Die stond ook al op de oude site

er is trouwens nogsteeds 1 ontbrekend nummer wat zou daar komen nr 72 mss die nieuwe tomahawk ?
De nieuwe van Faith No More, ongetwijfeld

Stond idd al op de oude site, maar was hier nog niet gemeld
  Moderator donderdag 7 september 2006 @ 15:32:05 #222
27682 crew  Bosbeetle
terminaal verdwaald
pi_41585651
quote:
Op donderdag 7 september 2006 15:23 schreef search64 het volgende:

[..]

De nieuwe van Faith No More, ongetwijfeld
is dat een split met mr. bungle ?
  donderdag 7 september 2006 @ 15:40:27 #223
24054 search64
Avec le grande
pi_41585887
Nee dat doet ie er gewoon bij. Best een leuk bandje, moet je eens luisteren anders.
  Moderator dinsdag 3 oktober 2006 @ 12:27:44 #224
27682 crew  Bosbeetle
terminaal verdwaald
pi_42332230
wow op Trouble - The Jamie Saft Trio Plays Bob Dylan zingt patton balad of a thin man. Ik vind dat al zo'n geweldig nummer en nu helemaal..

(ik weet niet of er nog meer nummers met patton op staan)
  dinsdag 3 oktober 2006 @ 12:29:15 #225
24054 search64
Avec le grande
pi_42332267
Dankje

[ Bericht 92% gewijzigd door search64 op 03-10-2006 12:59:19 ]
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop: