abonnement Unibet Coolblue
pi_23848371
quote:
Cincinnati's WCPO-TV has issued the following update on the shooting that occurred at the DAMAGEPLAN concert in Columbus, Ohio:

A man opened fire in a crowded nightclub during a rock concert Wednesday night, killing at least four people and wounding at least two others before he was shot to death by police, authorities said.

A man walked on stage during the show at the Alrosa Villa and opened fire on band members, killing four people and wounding at least two others, said Columbus police spokesman Sgt. Brent Mull, adding that more people could have been shot and left the scene before authorities arrived.

Mull said a police officer shot and killed the gunman. It wasn't immediately clear whether the officer was already at the show or had responded to an emergency call.

Columbus resident Chris Couch, 22, said the shooting occurred about 30 seconds after the show's headliner, DAMAGEPLAN, had begun playing.

Couch, who was standing about 30 feet away from the stage, noticed a man wearing a hooded sweatshirt and hockey jersey walk up to the stage, followed by a bouncer and another club employee.

The man in the jersey climbed onto the stage, started yelling and shot the guitarist five or six times at close range, Couch said.

Couch said the gunman also shot a bouncer who pulled him off the musician.

At that point, Couch and a friend headed for the exit along with a tide of hundreds of fans.

It appeared the gunman purposely sought out the guitarist, whom Couch identified as a performer who went by the name "Dimebag Darrell."

Authorities didn't immediately provide the identities of the victims.

"It was definitely a grudge. It was against something," Couch said.

Amanda Stankus, 19, who attended the show with Couch, said she initially thought the shooting was part of the show.

"I just saw the guitarist fall down, and we decided to get out of there," said Stankus, of Columbus.

Stankus said she didn't see any metal detectors or uniformed police officers at the venue and that she wasn't searched or frisked on her way in.
quote:
The following report was issued by Columbus television station WCMH:

At least five people died and two others were wounded after a shooting at a Columbus, Ohio nightclub on Wednesday night.

Two members of the heavy metal band DAMAGEPLAN were reportedly shot and killed, including Dimebag Darrell, formerly with the band PANTERA, WCMH reported. The other bandmember's name was not released, but it . The alleged gunman also died at the scene, according to police.

Shortly after the band began playing its first song, a man reportedly ran onto the stage and began shooting, according to a witness who identified himself as Sean. Some members of the audience reportedly thought the man running onto the stage with a gun was part of the band's act, the television station reported.

Witnesses said that several shots were fired at the band. Witnesses said that a bouncer at the club tackled the alleged gunman before that person was shot and killed. It was unclear as to who shot the alleged gunman.

Alrosa Villa is a popular north Columbus nightspot for young adults, featuring rock and heavy metal bands, WCMH reported.

According to the band's Web site, DAMAGEPLAN was touring nationally. It performed in Buffalo, N.Y., on Tuesday night and had a concert scheduled in Flint, Mich., on Thursday.

DAMAGEPLAN featured former PANTERA artists Dimebag Darrell and Vinnie Paul. The pair were joined by vocalist Patrick Lachman and bassist Bobzilla, according to their web site.
Vinnie schijnt okay te zijn, evenals Bobzilla. Patrick schijnt ook bij de doden te horen. Dit is echt heel bizar...
In a dream I'm a different me with a perfect you, we fit perfectly.
And for once in my life I feel complete and I still want to ruin it.
pi_23848526
OWJA, dit meen je.
  donderdag 9 december 2004 @ 08:21:05 #3
1124 Mark
Awesome dad from hell
pi_23848545
Wow, ben geen Pantera-fan, maar dit is wel freaky
We used to hate people - Now we just make fun of them - It's more effective that way
Elk jaar Towel Day!(2)](3)
Dommage arachide-fromage
pi_23848630
Damn, ik dacht dat het alleen Dimebag was. Damn. RIP
  donderdag 9 december 2004 @ 08:35:34 #5
43172 crN
The Excessum
pi_23848657
Dude, dit is bizar.....................
  FOK!-Schrikkelbaas donderdag 9 december 2004 @ 08:35:49 #6
2057 Tokus
www.metalfan.nl
pi_23848662
las het ook net toen ik CNN.com doornam. tering!
Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change
  donderdag 9 december 2004 @ 08:48:01 #7
37966 TimoBasso
Vai Vai,we need Bayliss
pi_23848765
goddamn ... Rip
SKB | Michel Fabrizio | Noriyuki Haga
MotoGP | World Champion 2006 Nicky Hayden | World Champion 2007 Casey Stoner
Alice Team | Mika Kallio | Niccolò Canepa
  donderdag 9 december 2004 @ 08:49:14 #8
68083 Broodjevlees
Boulimia Alcoholica
pi_23848777
Dat is kut zeg, damageplan was niet veel aan, maar dimebag was zon rete coole gitarist.......RIP
Trying is the first step towards failure
pi_23848779
It's a bloody shame.
  donderdag 9 december 2004 @ 08:49:29 #10
32597 ShaoliN
*BLiNg bLiNG*
pi_23848782
Er zijn toch ook andere manieren om iemand duidelijk te maken dat je zn muziek niet goed vind.

Trieste zaak dit.
pi_23848989
Meer info: http://www.nbc4i.com/news/3983630/detail.html

Ooggetuigeverslag: http://64.247.23.87/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5550

Gewoon vijf kogels point blank door z'n hoofd, hoe ziek ben je dan...
In a dream I'm a different me with a perfect you, we fit perfectly.
And for once in my life I feel complete and I still want to ruin it.
pi_23849069
Snik
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last.
pi_23849243
My God

RIP
pi_23849404
Jezus zeg...
Gimme whiskey, give me bourbon, gimme gin..
'Cause it don't matter what I'm drinkin', Lord, as long as it drowns this sorrow I'm in.
  FOK!-Schrikkelbaas donderdag 9 december 2004 @ 09:47:43 #17
1012 Doc
Loves C, M & R
pi_23849424
Iemand was een beetje boos op de heer Dimebag ...

Damn.
OG X BC - Orange Goblin Beer Core: Straight Edge - 'til the bar opens
Liverpool - JFT 96 - Never forgotten
pi_23850114
Tering.
pi_23850206
echt ernstig, dimebag was een fucking geniale gitarist! jammer dat hij zo vroeg dood moest. Hij had net een nieuw endorsement contract met Dean en Krank opgesteld....
  donderdag 9 december 2004 @ 10:41:15 #20
29429 Dissection
King of all kings
pi_23850269
...world full of killers & psychos.
pi_23850379
Damn RIP Dimebag...
Iemand enig idee wat het motief was dan....???
I've decided to keep this taperecorder with me at all times, maybe 1 day I can explain all the strange things happening to me, the lack of sleep, the loss of time, but most of all the sensational never being lonely, always being watched...
pi_23851269
Onwerkelijk .
A gentleman is a man who can play Jump on an Oberheim and chooses not to.
  Moderator donderdag 9 december 2004 @ 11:39:27 #24
32436 crew  belsen
Young, gifted and black
pi_23851303
Erg leip dit...
Geef angst en haat een stem
Ranja: "mijn bukgeit begrijpt mj niet. "
pi_23851403
RIP
Drie vrouwtjes bakken samen een dikke vette pannekoek.
Wat ruikt dat heerlijk!
Ineens springt de pannekoek de pan uit en verdwijnt rollerdebol het bos in.
Allerlei dieren willen de pannekoek graag tegenhouden, maar of dat lukt...?
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')