abonnement Unibet Coolblue
  dinsdag 9 augustus 2011 @ 20:54:26 #76
123869 Merkie
Surprisingly contagious
pi_100525992
quote:
Hmmm... Zo na de eerste keer luisteren vind ik 'm wel oké, maar niet meer dan dat. Misschien wordt 'ie beter na een aantal keer luisteren. Het is ook 'slechts' een B-side, dus fair enough ;)
pi_100527559
Pfoei, laten we zeggen dat hij na 20 jaar geleerd heeft om de B-kanten voor de B-kant te bewaren...
  dinsdag 9 augustus 2011 @ 22:43:25 #79
32622 Elusive
Mad Fer It!!
pi_100530358
ff wennen :P
was blijkbaar een demo voor Heathen Chemistry ?
zo te horen geschreven voor Liam!
"theeee raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiinn"

is iig goed mee te bléren
pi_100545362
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 9 augustus 2011 00:01 schreef Aisumasen het volgende:
http://www.rollingstone.c(...)ds-of-music-20110808

"I'm only playing songs that I've written," he says. "It's not like I'm Morrissey and I'm playing a song that somebody else wrote for me. I wrote all these songs with all those words. They're my songs. I'm not doing songs from the Oasis catalog that you associate with Liam. I can't sing like he sings. I'm not even doing that many Oasis songs, to be honest. Out of an hour and a half total, there'll be 10 minutes of Oasis. So maybe four songs. I don't ever see a day where I don't play Oasis songs. I've always thought most bands should play Oasis songs, anyway. The Foo Fighters should definitely do a couple. Green Day could do even more than one or two. Radiohead? I mean, let's face it. It'd be a better night out."

_O-
Noel.
Amen.
pi_100547689
quote:
0s.gif Op dinsdag 9 augustus 2011 21:55 schreef Aisumasen het volgende:
Pfoei, laten we zeggen dat hij na 20 jaar geleerd heeft om de B-kanten voor de B-kant te bewaren...
Nou, inderdaad ja. Pff. Herhalende bende! Bring on the actual record, please! :)
pi_100547979

HAHA, OH NOELY G....
pi_100571895

zowaar een nieuw filmpie op de officiële Oasis youtube chan!
voorproefje van de DVD? :9~ O+ O+
kiek die johnny mar gaan _O_
pi_100579403
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 10 augustus 2011 22:43 schreef Elusive het volgende:

Een gastenlijst van 7000 namen _O-
pi_100618697
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 10 augustus 2011 22:43 schreef Elusive het volgende:

_O_
" If I knew I couldn't win races, I would have stayed in the States."
  donderdag 11 augustus 2011 @ 21:50:03 #86
139330 TNA
For the stars that shine
pi_100619307
quote:
Vind 'm niet zo geweldig. Gezien de historie van de b-kantjes van Oasis had ik beter verwacht.
pi_100657482
Hoort hier eigenlijk ook wel thuis, de eerste post-Oasis muzikale contributie van Noel Gallagher:

Achtergrondsvocalen.
  vrijdag 12 augustus 2011 @ 22:13:24 #88
159761 Arn0
Abbey Road
pi_100657518
Haha, elk excuus is goed om Miles Kane te posten hé :P
By hook or by crook, I'll be last in this book.
pi_100657751
Zolang we het moeten doen met een halfbakken B-kantje en een video die beter is dan het liedje zelf nog wel, ja ;).
  zondag 14 augustus 2011 @ 14:27:32 #90
139330 TNA
For the stars that shine
pi_100711893
quote:
I took a lot of drugs in the 1990s, but it never really got a grip on me like that where I was like, "I fucking need to go to rehab." I'd literally done all the drugs that I'd had. There was none left in London. I'd done them all. And I was like, "Right, well, that fucking was interesting. Okay, I've done that now. Can we buy me a bike?"
:') _O-
  dinsdag 23 augustus 2011 @ 00:45:48 #91
139330 TNA
For the stars that shine
pi_101067697
Drie nieuwe Engelse data voor de tour, verkoop start donderdagochtend.

quote:
Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds tour dates are as follows:

October 23rd - Dublin, Olympia Theatre
October 26th - Manchester, O2 Apollo (NEW DATE)
October 27th - Edinburgh, Usher Hall
October 29th - London, HMV Hammersmith Apollo
October 30th - London, HMV Forum (NEW DATE)
October 31st - London, Roundhouse (NEW DATE)

Tickets for Noel's additional shows are on sale this Thursday, August 25th at 9am.
  dinsdag 23 augustus 2011 @ 22:42:47 #92
32622 Elusive
Mad Fer It!!
pi_101106572
tickets gaan donderdag al in de verkoop!

comedy genius :D _O-

hij speelt wel in mooie venues.
Nu nog een .nl datum... in carré ? _O_
pi_101106864
ik ben voor de oosterpoort
pi_101108351
Zal wel inclusief orkest komen... Zie ook nog wel eens stoelen geplaatst worden bij gigs van Noely. ;)
pi_101109337
"He said we had a year to come up with a band name and came up with Beady Eye. He had three and came up with the 'High Flying Turds'. I don't know who dressed him but he looks like something out of Westlife."

...ik hoef niet te vermelden van wie deze quote afkomstig is, neem ik aan :D?
pi_101162144
* La-Vache-Qui-Rit heeft een ticket voor HMV Forum! Heel blij mee _O_
pi_101162200
Leuk! :)
Wer lesen kann, ist klar im Vorteil.
pi_101162214
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 25 augustus 2011 10:04 schreef Felixa het volgende:
Leuk! :)
:)!
Lijkt erop dat het nu al uitverkocht is :o Of iig onmogelijk om doorheen te komen...
  vrijdag 26 augustus 2011 @ 14:37:45 #99
139330 TNA
For the stars that shine
pi_101217378
quote:
All Access is affiliated with Mediabase, one of the biggest music industry services in the USA that deals with radio airplay and charts.

All Access shows that Noel Gallagher's 'If I Had A Gun' going out to radio starting on September 13th.
  zaterdag 27 augustus 2011 @ 14:51:00 #100
139330 TNA
For the stars that shine
pi_101253653
Eerste review van een deel van het album, donderdagavond gepresenteerd in New York.

quote:
Is Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds the album fans have been waiting for? After a preview listen to most of the cuts, we'd say so - definitely not maybe!

Noel Gallagher strolled out onto the rooftop of New York's swanky Mondrian Soho Hotel last evening (25 August), exuding the sangfroid cool of a guy without a care in the world.

The singer-songwriter and guitarist, casual chic in jeans and a fitted plaid shirt, his hair closely cropped, was in the Big Apple to say hello to an intimate gathering of label execs and journalists who had just heard a six-song preview of his upcoming solo album, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds.

'Much-anticipated' solo album, that is. In a pre-playback speech, Mercury Records President David Massey, who during his time at Epic Records signed Oasis to the US, alluded to the fact that a Noel Gallagher disc was something that fans had clamored for since the band's debut in the early '90s. "But Noel was quite clear that there would would never be a solo album from him as long as there was Oasis," Massey said.

A few minutes later, with glasses clinked and good cheers exchanged all around, we were treated to a generous helping of the ten tracks that make up Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds. What follows are MusicRadar's general impressions of the songs - and it should be stressed that what we heard was in a group setting, with several chatty Cathy's nearby.

1. Everybody's On The Run

A rousing opener. Epic in nature, recalling the grandeur of George Harrison's All Things Must Pass, with soaring background vocals and heart-tugging strings that blend for a massive dramatic sweep. Throughout, Noel sings like a desperate, impassioned soul, weaving melodies that swirl around one's head but stick like glue. The bridge has a classic rock feel, a symphonic build-up. Acoustic guitars overwhelm and lead into the last resounding chorus. Gradually, the music drifts away, leaving Noel, alone on a hilltop, singing the title hook. That's one smashing song!

2. Dream On

No, not a cover of the Aerosmith classic, but on first listen it's a big-time sing-along. A jaunty, pounding beat joined by briskly strummed acoustics, it's something of a more aggressive She's Electric, but Noel, in a more throaty vocal, brings a new kind of charm to the proceedings. Brass dominates the middle section, with a trumpet solo that transports one to New Orleans. "Dream on/ shout it out to me," Noel pleads in the final chorus as drums and brass build, only to be overtaken by electric guitars that conclude the song with a rocking flourish.

3. If I Had A Gun

Ever since leaked soundcheck demos of this song appeared on the internet, much interest has attended its studio rendering, and the results don't disappoint. After a bare bones, acoustic-and-vocal, quasi-Wonderwall opening, the song blossoms into just what might become a modern-day rock standard. Gallagher's vocals are emotional but never mawkish. The bridge and solo sections are stirring, with acoustic guitars and strings piling up. But it's Noel's double or triple-tracked harmonies, haunting and vulnerable, that really hit the target. Hands-down winner on this one.

4. The Death Of You And Me

Being that it's the first single from High Flying Birds, the capoed acoustic intro that ushers in Noel's gentle falsetto is already familiar to millions. The overall mood is laid-back, '70s era Kinks, with a melancholy Gallagher singing, "High time, summer in the city/ kids are looking pretty/ but isn't it a pity in the sunshine." And, of course, he draws out that last word, making it almost a sneer - "sunshiiiiine." While the track bears an unmistakable resemblance to The Importance Of Being Idle, it gradually takes on its own form, looming larger, with another taste of New Orleans-style brass creeping in.

5. (I Wanna Live In A Dream In My) Record Machine

An endearing, wondrous cut. Over an acoustic guitar and a Phil Spectorish jingle stick, Noel begins singing what might be his own teenage symphony to God. Bass and electrics climb aboard, with Noel's double-tracked voice becoming mega. And then there's strings as he sings the title big and bold in a chorus that is bound to stick - we're talking cell-phones in the air. Whether it's an homage to the Wall Of Sound or not, the sonics increase, and before long Noel is at the top of his lungs, open-hearted and open-throated - it's a delirious feeling. After a brief, gentle break, the song breaks away into a grand gallop. Here's one pony that can't be tamed.

6. AKA... What A Life!

A four-on-the-floor tom beat drives this incessant rocker. Noel, cynical and evil, sings with a world-weariness, and as he hammers home the chorus he again draws out the last word, making it "liiiiiiife." Piercing guitars link the verse and chorus sections, but it is with this song that an honest-to-goodness six-string solo finally breaks out - and it's ripping, barking and snarling. A final elongated verse ends the song on an ominous note, but it's one that leaves the listener breathlessly waiting for more.
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')