maandag 21 december 2009 @ 00:36:37 #1
1571 marky
Heerlijk.... sleur
pi_75863554
En hier dan nog maar even verder.
quote:
Op maandag 21 december 2009 00:17 schreef ElizabethR het volgende:

[..]

Inderdaad, eerder met doofheid, of muzikale onkunde. Vergeef me mijn foutje.
De doofheid geheel aan jouw zijde
quote:
Christmas is all the Rage this yearBy TIM NIXON

Published: Today

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE have beaten X Factor star JOE McELDERRY to the coveted Christmas No.1 spot.

The political US rockers' angry anthem Killing In The Name - originally released as a single in 1993 - chalked up over 50,000 more sales than Joe's cover of MILEY CYRUS ballad The Climb in the most competitive race for years.

It marks the first time since 2004 that a winner of SIMON COWELL's talent show hasn't sat unchallenged atop the festive singles chart.

The shock result comes after a Facebook campaign was launched to stop the X Factor's yuletide monopoly.

Runner-up ... X Factor winner Joe McElderry
And it clearly worked, with RATM selling over 500,000 downloads and Joe - whose song was also available in CD format - falling short with 450,000.

What's more impressive, Killing In The Name only charted at 25 in the UK when it was first released.

Despite the disappointment of missing out on No.1, Joe - mentored on the X Factor by CHERYL COLE - was gracious in defeat. He said: "Fair play to the guys who have organised the Facebook campaign - it's been exciting to be part of a much-hyped battle and they definitely deserve congratulations."

And he insisted losing out to Rage has done nothing to spoil the party, adding: "This time last year I never thought for one minute that I'd win The X Factor, never mind about having a debut single out, so I'm just delighted to be in the charts.
"It's been such an incredible couple of months and I got the best Christmas gift I could ever have asked for in winning The X Factor."

Boss Cowell praised Jon and Tracy Morter, the Essex couple behind the anti-X Factor online drive, for adding a feverish excitment to this year's battle.
He said: "I am gutted for Joe because a number one single meant a lot to him but I have to congratulate Jon and Tracy, who started the Facebook campaign.

"I called Jon on Saturday to congratulate the two of them that, win or lose, they turned this into a very exciting race for the Christmas number one.

"I am proud of Joe - he worked really hard this week, but he has a great year ahead of him."

HMV's Gennaro Castaldo said: "This is a truly remarkable outcome - possibly the greatest chart upset ever, which few people could have imagined when Joe claimed the X Factor crown last weekend.

"It's not so much that Joe lost the race - sales of his single have matched those of recent X Factor winners, and he shouldn't take this personally; this is all about the stunning impact of the Rage Against the Machine Internet campaign in galvanising music fans to protest against the dominance of the reality show in recent years."

Speaking about the Facebook campaign last week, Joe said: "I think it's more of an attack on the X Factor more than me.
"Anybody who would have won would have had the same thing happen to them."

Bron: The Sun.

[ Bericht 82% gewijzigd door marky op 21-12-2009 00:42:35 ]
  maandag 21 december 2009 @ 10:46:31 #2
193759 BartUlft
Working on a dream
pi_75870454
tvp
  dinsdag 22 december 2009 @ 20:15:00 #3
1571 marky
Heerlijk.... sleur
pi_75938348
quote:
X Factor
Joe now outselling RATMBy NADIA SAM-DALIRI

HE may have been left gutted after missing out on a No1 but Joe McElderry is now outselling Rage Against The Machine by two to one.
The X Factor champ this week had to deal with his cover of Miley Cyrus's The Climb being the only X Factor winner's single in five years not to bag the top spot.

But the internet campaign which saw rival track Killing In The Name Of knock out Joe has lost momentum and the expletive-ridden tune is now trailing behind.

While the rock group have sold 40,000 copies so far, the South Shields crooner has landed 80,000 sales.

The Los Angeles band's guitarist Tom Morello said the song's triumph was about "breaking the stranglehold" the X Factor has on the charts, adding: "Now they've been taught a lesson they'll never forget."

But despite admitting previously he'd be gutted if he didn't reach the top spot, Joe, 18, congratulated the band after his defeat and said he was "delighted" to be in the charts.

bron: The Sun
  donderdag 24 december 2009 @ 14:00:35 #4
44536 oYo
Coituri te salutant!
pi_76013060
RATM gewonnen, tof!! Echte muziek wint nog eens wat.
Zij zijn al een tijdje bezig, zolang zal Joe het niet volhouden, eindigt waarschijnlijk ergens in bed bij Will Young of george Michael na wat rolletjes in musicals.

Gaat al die richting op met High School Musical.
  donderdag 24 december 2009 @ 14:54:58 #5
1571 marky
Heerlijk.... sleur
pi_76015678
quote:
Op donderdag 24 december 2009 14:00 schreef oYo het volgende:
RATM gewonnen, tof!! Echte muziek wint nog eens wat.
Zij zijn al een tijdje bezig, zolang zal Joe het niet volhouden, eindigt waarschijnlijk ergens in bed bij Will Young of george Michael na wat rolletjes in musicals.

Gaat al die richting op met High School Musical.
Als je zo goed kan voorspellen wat zijn de winnende lotto getallen?
  zondag 27 december 2009 @ 20:12:54 #6
1571 marky
Heerlijk.... sleur
pi_76114855
quote:
X Factor's Joe McElderry clinches New Year No 1

Joe McElderry spoke of his delight tonight after bouncing back from his Christmas charts heartache to clinch the New Year No 1.
After missing out on the festive top spot to Rage Against The Machine after a high profile internet campaign, the X Factor champion hit back by selling more than two-and-a-half times more copies than its rival this week.

The Climb sold 196,000 copies in its second week, compared with 69,000 copies shifted by Rage Against The Machine's Killing In The Name, which slipped to second spot.

Lady Gaga's Bad Romance held onto third spot, while Cheryl Cole - McElderry's mentor from the series - enjoyed another festive boost as her single, Three Words, climbed from seventh to fourth.

3OH!3, featuring Katie Perry, and Black Eyed Peas took fifth and sixth positions respectively with Starstrukk and Meet Me Halfway.

Journey, Rihanna, Robbie Williams and Kesha completed the top ten.

McElderry, on being told the news, said he was "so happy".

The South Shields teenager said: "I am so happy that the single is No.1. Thank you so much to everyone that has supported me, this had been the best Christmas ever and I want to wish everyone a very Happy New Year."

In the album charts, Canadian crooner Michael Buble was celebrating as Crazy Love replaced Susan Boyle's I Dreamed a Dream as the week's best-seller.

Black Eyed Peas came in at third, while The Fame by Lady Gaga held on to fourth.

JLS's debut album remained at five, ahead of Reality Killed the Video Star, by Robbie Williams

Bron:Mirror
Leuk ook de vermelding van Journy in de top 10 met Don't Stop Believin. die heeft dit te danken aan het optreden van Joe Mcelderry tijdens X-factor

[ Bericht 2% gewijzigd door marky op 27-12-2009 20:33:39 ]
  zondag 3 januari 2010 @ 21:49:51 #7
1571 marky
Heerlijk.... sleur
pi_76377274
quote:
JOE MCELDERRY'S DISNEY TALKS
Joe McElderry is set for meeting with Disney studio chiefs 3rd January 2010
X FACTOR winner Joe McElderry is set to jet off to a multi-million pound meeting with Disney studio chiefs.

The young Geordie returned from a family holiday yesterday and will travel to Los Angeles next week in his bid to conquer the USA.

Joe will meet casting agents as X Factor boss Simon Cowell’s efforts to turn the singer into the next Zac Efron, 22, build momentum.

Clean-cut Joe, 18, could earn £5million next year if Disney bosses decide to take him down young star Zac’s High School Musical route.

Three major US TV networks and several Hollywood studios, including Disney, have contacted Simon, 50, about working with Joe.

And it is now believed a mega money-spinning deal could be thrashed out as early as next week.

A source close to the X Factor boss told us: “Joe has being adjusting to his new-found fame and fortune by taking his whole family to Austria on a ski-ing trip.

“The last few weeks have been incredibly stressful for the shy lad, so he wanted to escape all the pressure and just have fun with his family.

“But he returned to London yesterday knowing this is when the real hard work starts.

“Bagging a high-profile role in a Disney musical would guarantee huge success around the world. You only have to look at Miley Cyrus, Zac Efron and The Jonas Brothers to see that.

“He will be prepped on how to come across during his castings this week and could fly out as early as next week to audition.”

Speaking exclusively to the Daily Star Sunday Joe revealed: “It would be a dream to star in a Disney musical.

“I’ve grown up watching them, so to star in one would be incredible.

“It’s still crazy to think a few months ago no one knew who I was and now I’m going to fly to LA.”

This month will also see Joe start work on his debut album which is expected to be released in the autumn.

He said: “I have a meeting in the New Year to find out in what direction I’m going with the album and what my plans are for next year. So at the moment I’m a bit in the dark – but it’s a very exciting time.”

After beating Essex lad Olly Murs, 25, to the X Factor crown last month Joe was dragged into a battle for the Christmas No.1 with Rage Against The Machine.

His single The Climb – an original Disney hit for Miley, 17 – missed out on the Christmas top spot. But he hit it the following week.

The media frenzy surrounding the chart fight left the shy South Shields teen physically and mentally exhausted.

Joe revealed that his family had helped him cope with the pressure.
He said: “It was important for me to have a break with my family and have some normality.
“I needed to escape all the madness, sit down and try to understand everything and clear my head for what 2010 will bring.”

Bron: Daily Star
  woensdag 13 januari 2010 @ 22:21:29 #8
1571 marky
Heerlijk.... sleur
pi_76783451
quote:
JOE MCELDERRY: I WANT HITS LIKE LEONA AND BEYONCE

JOE McElderry has begged Simon Cowell to put him in a studio with the hitmaker behind No1s for Leona Lewis and Beyoncé.

The latest X Factor champ is a huge fan of Ryan Tedder, 30.
And the OneRepublic star wrote Bleeding Love for Leona, 24, and Halo for Beyonce, 28.

Joe, 18, told me: “I would love Simon to put me with Ryan Tedder for my album’s ballads because he is an amazing songwriter.” And the smiling Geordie from South Shields hopes it can happen as soon as the X Factor Live tour winds up in April. Joe revealed: “There are meetings about it now. The plan is for my album to come out after the tour. It’s going to be similar to what they’ve done for the past couple of years so it gives you time to do it.”

Simon Cowell, 50, is also a massive admirer of Tedder, who has delivered hits for Rihanna, 21, and Kelly Clarkson, 27.

A meeting between Joe and Ryan could happen as soon as next week when OneRepublic visit our shores to promote new single All The Right Moves on Monday.

And Joe hopes he may get a chance to get close to Beyoncé. He admitted: “I would love to do a collaboration with Beyoncé.”

Whoever he gets to work with on his debut record Joe is determined to make a success of it.

He said: “I’m going to try and break the curse of the male X Factor winner.”

The X Factor Live tour kicks off in Liverpool on February 15

Bron: Daily Star
  donderdag 14 januari 2010 @ 09:45:21 #9
1571 marky
Heerlijk.... sleur
pi_76797268
I’m Top of the Stops

X FACTOR champ Joe McElderry is making a stunning return to the pop front line at the National TV Awards next week.

The newly-crowned pop idol is ditching his tedious ballad The Climb - no offence Joe! - and singing Don't Stop Believin' instead.
Simon Cowell has picked the song for his new protégé to kick off the NTAs.
We told how the song by ancient rockers Journey was Simon's second choice for the winner's song.
It lost out to Hannah Montana song The Climb, which was then forced off the Christmas number one spot by Rage Against The Machine. TV Biz always, er, believed Don't Stop would have trounced Rage's campaign if Joe had released it because the song is fast becoming a modern classic.

Now Simon has caught on and is planning to make it Joe's second single later this year.
A Facebook campaign (of course) is already gathering steam, calling for him to make it happen.
Six thousand fans have signed up urging Si's record label Syco to put the song out.
Joe has already had success with it. He sang it on the X Factor and it shot back into the charts.
Two other versions of the song are in the current chart thanks to it being used on the new cult E4 show Glee on Monday night.

Joe is the second X Factor star to sign up to the NTAs. Jedward are also performing alongside '90s rapper Vanilla Ice.

Bron: The Sun
  zaterdag 16 januari 2010 @ 19:42:19 #10
1571 marky
Heerlijk.... sleur
pi_76899398
WHAT SIMON COWELL wants he usually gets.
But he met his match when veteran US rockers JOURNEY refused to let him release a cover of their anthem Don't Stop Believin' as X Factor winner JOE McELDERRY's first single.

The Geordie lad performed the 1981 ballad twice on The X Factor. And I'm not alone in thinking it could have got him the Christmas No1 if he'd released it. Instead, he recorded the MILEY CYRUS song The Climb and, following a Facebook protest campaign, got beaten to the festive top spot by RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE's Killing In The Name.

Journey guitarist NEAL SCHON exclusively revealed: "We knew about Joe's song because Simon had contacted our management as he wanted to re-do the song with a different kind of arrangement.
"We listened to it and we declined. We said there was nothing wrong with the original version. If it's not busted, let's not fix it. "My buddy RANDY JACKSON, who was on American Idol in the US with Simon, was stressing the fact that we should really let him do the new version because it would probably go to No1. But we stuck to our decision and now the song is doing well as it is."

Journey have allowed another cover version of their signature track to be released, which they did like.
The cast of US TV comedy Glee's version was at No6 in the midweek chart while the original is sitting pretty at No5.

Not that the rockers have anything against Joe. In fact, they'd be more than happy to share a stage with him.
Keyboard player JONATHAN CAIN, who wrote the track with former lead singer STEVE PERRY, said: "I wish Joe all the best. Maybe he will play with us when we come to Britain."

Jonathan was inspired to write the chorus of Don't Stop Believin' by his dad. He said: "That had come from my father. I had suffered a lot as a musician in LA. "I had some tough times, not having enough money to eat.
"And my father said to me, 'Stick to your guns, don't come back, don't stop believing.' And that kind of stuck in my mind."

It's advice that must have stuck in Simon's throat, too

Bron: the sun
  maandag 18 januari 2010 @ 22:56:06 #11
1571 marky
Heerlijk.... sleur
pi_76990778
Nominaties voor de brit awards

As well as JLS and Leona, X Factor stars ALEXANDRA BURKE and JOE McELDERRY have received nods from the 1,000-strong Brits Academy

Bron The sun
  woensdag 20 januari 2010 @ 22:05:26 #12
1571 marky
Heerlijk.... sleur
pi_77073057
Joe heeft vanavond de NTA awardshow geopend

http://www.johnnyikon.com(...)-opens-the-NTAs.html
  zaterdag 30 januari 2010 @ 23:33:47 #13
1571 marky
Heerlijk.... sleur
pi_77465396
It's the AXE Factor

30/01/2010

X FACTOR losers OLLY MURS, STACEY SOLOMON and DANYL JOHNSON have had their star dreams crushed after SIMON COWELL axed plans to give ANY of them a record deal.
So instead of topping the charts with the help of Cowell's millions, they've had to sign up to perform at BUTLINS instead.

A source revealed: "Simon has decided he won't have anything to do with them in a professional sense going forward.

"He doesn't have anything against the guys but wants to concentrate on turning JOE McELDERRY into a star. They've got a contract with Butlins to perform at summer school holiday gigs. And they're making £100,000 from The X Factor tour - but this is still a massive blow."

Last night a spokeswoman for Cowell's label Syco told me: "We never guarantee contracts for anyone other than the X Factor winner and this year we've decided to focus on Joe.

"However, we understand there is interest in other finalists from many parts of the musical industry and we hope they all do very well."

Bron: News of the World
  zondag 31 januari 2010 @ 00:30:12 #14
215192 iPat
Falling feels like flying
pi_77467174
Apatische man, die Simon Cowell...
It's never over..
my kingdom for a kiss upon her shoulder..
It's never over..
all my riches for her smile when I slept so soft against her..
  zondag 31 januari 2010 @ 09:24:18 #15
44536 oYo
Coituri te salutant!
pi_77470550
Logisch, weinig potentieel
pi_77600468
Het was maar een slecht seizoen, ik verwacht echt nog wel van 1 iemand wat te horen..
Rachel Adedeji!
  vrijdag 12 februari 2010 @ 23:07:57 #17
193759 BartUlft
Working on a dream
pi_77939454
Nu X Factor in NL weer op tv is zie je toch wel het grote verschil in kwaliteit met UK. Ik mis een John & Edward die toch voor spektakel zorgden, ik mis een écht toffe jury met Cowell, ik mis het prachtig gemonteerde camerawerk...

Iemand enig idee wanneer er weer een Britse talentenjacht-serie start?
  maandag 15 februari 2010 @ 13:58:32 #18
1571 marky
Heerlijk.... sleur
pi_78017250
quote:
Op vrijdag 12 februari 2010 23:07 schreef BartUlft het volgende:
Nu X Factor in NL weer op tv is zie je toch wel het grote verschil in kwaliteit met UK. Ik mis een John & Edward die toch voor spektakel zorgden, ik mis een écht toffe jury met Cowell, ik mis het prachtig gemonteerde camerawerk...

Iemand enig idee wanneer er weer een Britse talentenjacht-serie start?

De Audities beginnen meestal in de zomer de uitzending start ongeveer in oktober.

De singel van Jedward heeft een week lang op twee gestaan in de UK top 40 maar is in zijn tweede week afgezakt naar de 12e plaats.
pi_78019023
quote:
Op woensdag 3 februari 2010 18:38 schreef Deceit het volgende:
Het was maar een slecht seizoen, ik verwacht echt nog wel van 1 iemand wat te horen..
Rachel Adedeji!
Ja, want die was zo geliefd bij het publiek
  dinsdag 16 februari 2010 @ 08:13:19 #20
1571 marky
Heerlijk.... sleur
pi_78046786
Caught Live: X Factor Tour
Published: Today

WHEN little JOE McELDERRY appeared on a raised platform, arms outstretched, on the first night of The X Factor tour, it was the first time I thought he looked like a proper pop star.
There has been lots of talk that JEDWARD would steal Joe's thunder. But reports that the twins had ruffled a few feathers by being given more songs were unfounded and everyone got their chance to shine.

The night kicked off with all the former contestants, including OLLY MURS and STACEY SOLOMAN, belting out BLACK EYED PEAS hit I Gotta Feeling.

Jedward's first song was current single Under Pressure (Ice, Ice Baby) which they've had plenty of practice singing. No sign of VANILLA ICE though.

Their version of the Ghostbusters theme provided a moment of pure genius when they dangled above the audience on high wires with a gigantic inflatable marshmallow man in the background.

At this point, I started to fear for Joe.

But they always make you wait for the main attraction and Joe didn't take to the stage on his own until Olly, Stacey, DANYL JOHNSON, LUCIE JONES, LLOYD DANIELS and JAMIE ARCHER had sung first.

And the roof nearly came off when Joe finally appeared to sing No1 single The Climb.

A first-time performance of TAYLOR SWIFT's Love Story went down a storm.

The rest of Joe's pitch-perfect set included ELTON JOHN's Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word and proved that no amount of Jedward high-jinks can replace genuine star quality.

Bron: The Sun
pi_78311565
quote:
Op maandag 15 februari 2010 14:50 schreef -Strawberry- het volgende:

[..]

Ja, want die was zo geliefd bij het publiek
ze had wel de meeste votes toen ze proud mary zong!
  zaterdag 24 juli 2010 @ 00:37:58 #22
193759 BartUlft
Working on a dream
pi_84422842
Toch maar ff een kickje. :)

Nu een half jaar verder. Wat hebben de X-Factorkandidaten ons gebracht?

Om maar met het meest slechte te beginnen: Jedward heeft een album uitgebracht... Tenenkrommend slecht! Echt een baggerplaat! Had die jongens een kinderprogramma laten presenteren ofzo, dat zou zeker weten succesvoller zijn dan dit.

En de eerste single van Olly Murs is uit. Bekijk deze YouTube-video
Ook niet bepaald een topplaat imo. Ook ontzettend commercieel nummer.

Maar... Waar blijft Joe McElderry?? Iemand nog iets van 'm vernomen??
  zaterdag 24 juli 2010 @ 12:59:41 #23
15080 static
03.09.2006 - 11:35
pi_84433070
Een halfjaar verder hebben we hier een apart subforum voor: TAL. :)
Yvonne riep ergens: [b]Static is gewoon Static, je leeft met hem of niet.
Geen verborgen agenda's, trouw, grote muil, lief hartje, bang voor bloed, scheld FA's graag uit voor lul.[/b]
  zaterdag 21 augustus 2010 @ 00:41:07 #24
1571 marky
Heerlijk.... sleur
pi_85533103
quote:
Op zaterdag 24 juli 2010 00:37 schreef BartUlft het volgende:

Maar... Waar blijft Joe McElderry?? Iemand nog iets van 'm vernomen??
Voordat de live shows beginnen komt zijn plaat uit is nu druk aan het opnemen
  vrijdag 27 augustus 2010 @ 20:59:30 #25
1571 marky
Heerlijk.... sleur
pi_85784800
Ik had het even gemist maar Jep hij is gay
http://www.thesun.co.uk/s(...)-that-he-is-gay.html

Verder begint de promotie machine nu ook te draaien

abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar: