abonnement Unibet Coolblue
  zaterdag 6 juni 2009 @ 16:49:56 #226
226007 Darkestrah
telefoonhijger.
pi_69772424
Iemand naar For A Minor Reflection vanavond in Utrecht? Of misschien al ergens anders deze week naar ze wezen kijken? Ik ga vanavond.
FAMR was het voorprogramma in de HMH in november.
pi_69782037
Leuke band

In Brussel spelen ze samen met EF ---> SUPERBAND !! Zelfde genre als For a Minor Reflection maar veel beter vind ik!

http://www.myspace.com/ef

Mijn band http://www.myspace.com/substraction maakt ook iets dat in dat genre ligt (hoewel nog net iets anders)
  zaterdag 6 juni 2009 @ 23:49:50 #228
254702 Newde
Ricky Fitts
pi_69783827
quote:
Op zaterdag 6 juni 2009 22:42 schreef Snotboebel het volgende:
Leuke band

In Brussel spelen ze samen met EF ---> SUPERBAND !! Zelfde genre als For a Minor Reflection maar veel beter vind ik!

http://www.myspace.com/ef

Mijn band http://www.myspace.com/substraction maakt ook iets dat in dat genre ligt (hoewel nog net iets anders)
Ef is geniaal! Waarom kom ik hier nu pas achter!
  zondag 7 juni 2009 @ 01:13:52 #229
226007 Darkestrah
telefoonhijger.
pi_69785434
quote:
Op zaterdag 6 juni 2009 23:49 schreef Newde het volgende:

[..]

Ef is geniaal! Waarom kom ik hier nu pas achter!
Newfag.
  zondag 7 juni 2009 @ 13:39:36 #230
254702 Newde
Ricky Fitts
pi_69792392
quote:
Op zondag 7 juni 2009 01:13 schreef Darkestrah het volgende:

[..]

Newfag.
Ik bedoel erachter komen dat er een concert is heh.
En idd een beetje nieuw ben ik wel, maar geen fag

For a Minor Reflection vond ik trouwens niet echt denderend in de HMH.
  vrijdag 19 juni 2009 @ 23:16:38 #231
23267 Roel_Jewel
Gobbledigook
pi_70183278
Beelden @ Sigur Rós - Live on The Interface
quote:
Sigur Ros, in the first live session of its kind for the band, joined us in The Interface studios. Supporting their newest album Med sud i eyrum vid spilum endalaust, the band played four songs: "Vid Spilum Endalaust", “Fljotavik", “Inni Mer Syngur Vitleysingur", and “Illgresi" Co-produced by the band and Flood (U2, Depeche Mode, PJ Harvey).
pi_70184570
quote:
Op vrijdag 19 juni 2009 23:16 schreef Roel_Jewel het volgende:
Beelden @ Sigur Rós - Live on The Interface
[..]

zaterdag 27 juni 2009 @ 20:31:05 #233
23267 Roel_Jewel
Gobbledigook
pi_70433321
In de mailbox:
quote:
To mark the 10th anniversary of the Icelandic release of their breakthrough album 'Agaetis Byrjun', Sigur Ros have made available two exclusive live performances from the original launch party concert at the Icelandic Opera House on the night of June 10, 1999 - back when few people outside Reykjavik hadn't the foggiest clue who they were.

Watch it here..

'Nyja Lagid' video - filmed originally for Icelandic TV and unseen for years, this shows the boys when they really were still boys, performing a song that never made it onto Agaetis Byrjun (or any subsequent album) and disappeared from their set-list shortly after this date. The film also records the last show by original drummer Gusti. The audio of this live recording was featured on Sigur Ros's first ex-Iceland release, the 'Svefn-G-Englar' EP.

Download 'Hafssol' here. (mailadres invullen)

'Hafssol' audio - a fascinatingly transitional rendition of the seminal 'Hafssol' (later 'Hafsol'), which has been one of the true survivors in the band's live show, having appeared in almost unrecognisably nebulous form on their debut album 'Von', and then gone through endless transmogrification year by year until its arrival on 2007's 'Hvarf/Heim' double pack. (If you follow the link above you can sign up to download the song.)
Hope you enjoy them both. They'll be further celebrations to mark the 10th anniversary of the release of 'Agaetis Byrjun' outside Iceland in due course, but we will of course let you know.
  maandag 6 juli 2009 @ 17:13:27 #234
71333 BUG80
Stop making sense
pi_70706900
Nieuws over het sideproject van Jónsi:

quote:
"A yearning, almost devotional quality... file alongside Talk Talk’s Spirit Of Eden and Henryk Gorecki’s Third Symphony.” - Mojo

Jonsi & Alex's gorgeous 'Riceboy Sleeps' album will be released around the world the week of July 20, and you can get a free download of the track 'Boy 1904' right now by clicking here.
Several years in gestation, the Riceboy Sleeps project was first conceived as an outlet for Jonsi and his boyfriend Alex's visual art, resulting in the highly covetable 1,000 limited edition A6 book, printed in Iceland to highly exacting spec. Gallery shows and video installations followed, and with them the creation of the first dream-like soundscapes towards what would become this album.
Recorded at home in between Sigur Rós commitments, the music took shape slowly, and suffered a near fatal setback when the computer on which it was all stored was dragged from the kitchen table in the days before Apple had magnetic power leads. Fortunately some nifty and painstaking keyhole surgery effected during a sojourn in Hawaii resulted in complete recovery of the splendid specimen soon to be before you.
We will send you details of the different formats available in due course, but for now immerse yourself in 'Boy 1904', which features the buried treasure of the only known recording of the last ever castrato singer. No wonder this music seems beamed in from another time and place.
www.jonsiandalex.com
Als je je opgeeft voor hun nieuwsbrief kun je de song Boy 1904 gratis downloaden!
pi_71168101
Het album van Jónsi en Alex, Riceboy Sleeps, is eindelijk uit. Het is helemaal te beluisteren op de (prachtige) site van Jónsi & Alex: www.jonsiandalex.com.

Het is niet als Sigur Rós, maar ik vind het erg mooi.
  dinsdag 21 juli 2009 @ 12:00:07 #236
71333 BUG80
Stop making sense
pi_71174920
Ik heb hem nu ook helemaal geluisterd, ik kreeg een downloadlink omdat ik de deluxe-versie heb besteld. Het klinkt erg mooi allemaal, (nog) sferischer dan Sigur Rós.

Pitchfork is ook weer lekker bezig, daar krijgt de plaat een 5.3 (link). De recensie is duidelijk geschreven door iemand die uberhaupt niets van Sigur Rós begrijpt...
  woensdag 22 juli 2009 @ 12:27:13 #237
167302 teirnon
6 times 7 is...
pi_71210517
Ik heb ook de deluxe versie besteld. De levertijd kon ik trouwens niet terugvinden, weet iemand dat wel?
Ah, a battle of wits? I'm glad to see you've come unarmed!
  vrijdag 31 juli 2009 @ 18:22:56 #238
23267 Roel_Jewel
Gobbledigook
pi_71496128

Van dit soort album-uitvoeringen word ik erg enthousiast.
pi_71496702
Mooi hoor. Wat maken die mensen overal toch veel werk van.
Wer lesen kann, ist klar im Vorteil.
  vrijdag 31 juli 2009 @ 19:47:33 #240
167302 teirnon
6 times 7 is...
pi_71498161
Ik heb het nog steeds niet binnen.
Ah, a battle of wits? I'm glad to see you've come unarmed!
pi_71511841
Is iemand bereid(lees: zo gek om) zijn/haar deluxe versie aan mij te verkopen? Ik was tot een paar dagen terug op rondreis in IJsland , maar heb daardoor helaas achter het net gevist Daarentegen kwam ik dan wel weer een week geleden Jonsi zo maar tegen op straat in Reykjavik Dat is dan nog een kleine pleister op de wond
Het leven is een spel, speel het! (moeder Theresa) * Play is the highest form of research. (Albert Einstein) * Alles wat je aandacht schenkt, groeit. * En zo niet? Dan toch!
pi_71521650
http://www.icelandmusic.i(...)-Giants/default.aspx
quote:

Riceboy Sleeps - Sleeping Giants

Known primarily for his haunting falsetto and other-worldly presence as the singer in Sigur Rós, Jón Þór (Jónsi) Birgisson has - together with his partner Alex Somers - been exhibiting artwork and staging exhibitions under the name Riceboy Sleeps for two or three years now.

A couple of months back the early fruits of the musical side of this collaboration surfaced in physical form for the first time, with the track ‘Happiness’, on the exemplary ‘Dark Was The Night’ Red Hot compilation. Now the full-length ‘Riceboy Sleeps’ album is finished and ready for release.

‘Riceboy Sleeps’ is a 68-minute ambient odyssey, that embraces the cerebral and the human in equal measure. Played solely on acoustic instruments in Iceland (and featuring long-time Sigur Rós string collaborators Amiina, as well as the Kópavogsdætur choir) and then endlessly toyed with on solar-powered laptops in a raw food commune in some far corner of Hawaii, ‘Riceboy Sleeps’ has a suitably “organic feel” to it.

Alex - you’re known predominantly as a visual artist. How long have you been making music?
I’ve been making music for a long time, actually since before the visual stuff. I have been in bands since I was 15, mostly rock and roll bands, so making music and collaborating is not new for me. This is the first album I’ve released or published though…

When did you both get into “quieter” music?
Alex: When I was 18 or 19. I used to make music with my brother, which was always quieter. I immediately liked it. It felt somehow like it was my roots. If felt right to lose the pulse. Before Riceboy sleeps I’d been making stuff by myself at home, with good friends or again with my brother.

Jónsi: When I was young I used to put on ambient music. I used to listen to it intensely, it really did something for me. If I was feeling blue and sad it would actually soothe me. As you get older and more boring you tend to put it on and keep it in the background. The challenge for us was to make something quiet but still interesting. I was listening to [our album] recently and was surprised at how intense it is in places. It’s not like a pure ambient album. It’s not really all that relaxing sometimes.

Is this music is intimately tied up with your combined visual art aesthetic?
Alex: Definitely. They are one and the same for me. When Jónsi and I make photos or video projects, they come from exactly the same place as the songs. We’re always hoping to create the same kind of atmosphere.

When did the two of you first start making music?
Alex: We’ve been making music since we met in 2005, on and off. In fact we’ve been working on this project since then. We didn’t know we had an album until recently though. When we realized this, we took a month off and went to Hawaii to mix the album there.

And the whole album was recorded at your home in Reykjavik?
Alex: Yes, in our apartment we have all the instruments - harmonium, celeste, glockenspiels, piano, guitars…we wrote the whole thing on acoustic instruments.

Jonsi: It was really drawn out and involved time spent in our living room and kitchen. It was great.

How did the song-writing process work for this project?
Alex: Often the songs would grow from a sample or something, and just evolve. They very often became something else than they were intended to be. I personally like playing piano, guitar and harmonium. They are my three favourites. I also love the sampler, recording sounds and then playing with them and processing them.

Jónsi: We put in equal amounts. It was such a casual and lengthy project that no one can say what anyone else did. We had no deadline and no pressure. I would maybe fiddle around on a piano, then we’d leave it for half a year and then discover it and think “that sounds nice”. Some songs came quickly, some slowly. The last song, Sleeping Giant, took all five years and was one of the last songs that we finished.

Is the project influenced by any ‘ambient’ producers in particular, Eno for example?
Alex: Hm, nothing that I can think of. I personally think Eno is cool and I like his music. But really it was us doing our own thing. We never sit around listening to ambient music together or anything.

The album spans your entire relationship. Does it feel like some kind of personal archival document to you?
Alex: It is a bit like that. Most couples don’t get the opportunity to share their relationship in this way, and it sounds like the two of us at home to me for sure.

Jónsi: I think so too, but it needs more time to sink in. When you’ve just finished albums you want to get away from them. Only after some time can you think back to the special moments and atmospheres.

Some ambient albums are created electronically but this is way more acoustic
Alex: All the instruments were acoustic, and we added a string section and choir to help give it that feel. Sometimes with ambient bands it sounds too electronic. There’s mistakes here and it sounds rough in places. I mean we’re not the best engineers.

Jónsi - what crossovers were there between this project and your work with Sigur Rós?
There are always going to be parallels with music projects. It was a little bit like Sigur Rós sometimes in the working method and the way we slowed things down, reversed things and tweaked them. And of course we worked with amiina, the string quartet that play with Sigur Rós. You can’t help but have it be similar in some ways.

You went to the jungle in Hawaii to mix it all down. Why there?
Alex: We just wanted to go somewhere warm and to have some real undisturbed focus. We just took our laptops and speakers. Jónsi found out about a raw food community, like 12-15 people living together living off the land and using only solar power. So we had this small hut in the middle of the jungle and had dinners with these people from all over world and for all ages. It was a great way to finish an album. Sometimes we had the music up loud and it was quite amusing one evening to find this hippy lady called Humming Bird meditating outside our hut and making these spiritual comments…

Will you be doing anything live?
Jónsi: Maybe next year we will. It depends on the schedule. We’d want to do it with maybe a small string section or a choir, and of course some visual elements. We haven’t gotten that far yet though….
pi_71522189
quote:
Mooi interview! Klinkt erg interessant, zo'n raw food community. En die foto.
pi_71583770
quote:
Mooi, Hopelijk gaan ze weer richting het niveau van Agaetis en Von
pi_71900584
quote:
Op zaterdag 1 augustus 2009 12:14 schreef myxomatosekonijn het volgende:
Is iemand bereid(lees: zo gek om) zijn/haar deluxe versie aan mij te verkopen? Ik was tot een paar dagen terug op rondreis in IJsland , maar heb daardoor helaas achter het net gevist Daarentegen kwam ik dan wel weer een week geleden Jonsi zo maar tegen op straat in Reykjavik Dat is dan nog een kleine pleister op de wond
Iemand nu van gedachten veranderd toevallig?

Het leven is een spel, speel het! (moeder Theresa) * Play is the highest form of research. (Albert Einstein) * Alles wat je aandacht schenkt, groeit. * En zo niet? Dan toch!
pi_72935904
Was dit al gepost?

Tiësto en Jónsi hebben een nummer opgenomen: Kaleidoscope.
http://soundcloud.com/lucidpr/tiesto-kaleidoscope

Die stem van Jónsi.
pi_74144370
Zou iemand even op zijn hoesje van Med Sud I Eyrum Vid Spilum Endalaust willen kijken om te zien wie de cd hier in Nederland heeft uitgebracht? EMI of XL?

Moet het uitzoeken voor m'n werk, maar internet geeft conflicterende resultaten.
pi_74144659
sigur ros under exclusive licence to EMI records Ltd.

+ een mooi rondje met schuin EMI erin. niks over XL
pi_74144778
quote:
Op woensdag 28 oktober 2009 12:07 schreef portie het volgende:
sigur ros under exclusive licence to EMI records Ltd.

+ een mooi rondje met schuin EMI erin. niks over XL
Thank you.
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')