abonnement Unibet Coolblue
pi_66880840
Over het nieuwe album;

Van WIkipedia ff snel:
quote:
When asked about the direction of the album, frontman Tom Meighan explained, “It all joins together which is beautiful, there’s no gaps in it, it’s very psychedelic, there’s very much elements of the first but it’s a more distant sounding Kasabian than we have been with the last two albums.” He also spoke of the title, “It’s a loony title mate, but we have a couple of titles and we have picked one that has lots of words, it’s a tongue twister!” [9] The band also headlined the Main Stage at Creamfields in Daresbury,England, debuting 'Fire', a contender for the new record. This was followed by a set at the Hydro Connect festival in Inverary, Scotland.

The album had been scheduled for an early 2008 release but its release has now been pushed forward until 1st June 2009. The album is set to feature the tracks 'Take Aim', 'West Rider/Silver Bullet', 'Where Did All The Love Go', 'Underdogs', 'Happiness', along with first single 'Vlad the Impailer' and the aforementioned 'Fast Fuse', 'Thick As Thieves' and 'Fire'. It has been announced that Kasabian will play in several places across Britain between June to July 2009 (see dates below) in support of Oasis. They will be supporting them at a number of concerts along with West midlands band, The Enemy.

For this album the band has recruited American hip hop and electronica producer Dan The Automator, who is best known for his work on the first Gorillaz album. Guitarist Sergio Pizzorno told BBC 6 Music; It's a real journey and it also will fill a dance floor. It's about people joining in and I think that's what we're about. There's a couple of songs that kind of went New York [Rolling] Stones and there's definitely one song that sounds like Daft Punk and The Clash together, which is quite interesting. We've always been really funky and we've always had a real groove, and I think he helped with pulling things out and being more rhythmic rather than throwing loads of instruments at it. I think it's definitely got more rhythm. [10]

Fans will get the chance to preview songs off their new album as they are set to play a number of intimate warm up gigs before their Teenage Cancer Trust performance at the Royal Albert Hall, starting in Margate March 23rd, Preston March 24th and Leeds March 25th. They will play on March 27th, 2009 at Royal Albert Hall for the Teenage Cancer Trust.

On March 5th 2009 albumvote.co.uk revealed that the album title would be 'West Rider Pauper Lunatic Asylum' with the release date set for 8th June 2009. The opening track of the album will be Underdog. [1]
  maandag 9 maart 2009 @ 23:39:11 #52
128155 Fir3fly
Goodnight everybody!
pi_66880955
quote:
, it’s very psychedelic
And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last
When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
  Admin maandag 9 maart 2009 @ 23:54:55 #53
725 crew  Breuls
Bad Wolf
pi_66881458
8 juni. Nice.
I am a leaf on the wind.
Watch how I soar.
  zaterdag 25 april 2009 @ 14:43:57 #54
32622 Elusive
Mad Fer It!!
pi_68366434
Underdog en Fire zijn gewoon mega-platen

echt van die nummers waarbij het volume op 10+ moet
alleen met deze 2 nummers kan het album al niet meer tegenvallen

vlad the impaler is live ook heerlijk, die bas

begint om 3.03
pi_68367862
Naar mijn mening klinkt Fire live nog veel beter dan de album versie.

En hetzelfde geldt eigenlijk ook voor Fast Fuse.

En nog een liedje dat op het nieuwe album staat is Thick As Thieves.

Jammer dat de release van dit album een jaar is uitgesteld en we zo lang hebben moeten wachten. En nog erger is het dat het alweer zo lang geleden is dat ze hier een concert hebben gegeven. Ik heb weinig betere concerten gezien dan Paradiso ruim twee jaar geleden.

[ Bericht 13% gewijzigd door Steffie op 25-04-2009 16:04:04 ]
With the sun and the moon on either side of his helmet, a new star is born in the name of Valentino Rossi.
pi_68368048
Van Vlad the Impaler is er een officiele clip, die grappig is
pi_68455002
Leuke video is dat inderdaad. Afgelopen weekend is ook voor het eerst de video van Fire uitgezonden, maar op YouTube wordt die stelselmatig verwijderd door Sony BMG. Hier kan je de video al wel zien:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article2398268.ece?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Bizarre
With the sun and the moon on either side of his helmet, a new star is born in the name of Valentino Rossi.
  zaterdag 2 mei 2009 @ 12:18:57 #59
38070 Kabouter_Krulleput
Kabouter_Krulleput
pi_68587220
Fire, Underdog en Vlad beloven wel wat. Drie briljante nummers
I don't really come from outer space || Last.fm
pi_68588602
Ik vind die lange haren van die zanger echt lelijk staan
  woensdag 6 mei 2009 @ 11:49:11 #61
37966 TimoBasso
Vai Vai,we need Bayliss
pi_68724099
quote:
Op zaterdag 2 mei 2009 12:18 schreef Kabouter_Krulleput het volgende:
Fire, Underdog en Vlad beloven wel wat. Drie briljante nummers
Idd.. ik herkende de sound via de *geweldige* sony reclame..
Dat kon niet anders zijn dan Kasabian,Underdog
SKB | Michel Fabrizio | Noriyuki Haga
MotoGP | World Champion 2006 Nicky Hayden | World Champion 2007 Casey Stoner
Alice Team | Mika Kallio | Niccolò Canepa
pi_68848268
*minikickje*

Tot een paar dagen geleden was dit voor me een totaal onbekende band. Toen gaf een maat me Empire.

Fuck yeah, i'm a true believer Kan niet wachten op het nieuwe album van ze, en wil ze snel live meemaken. Nummers als Last Trip, Apnoea en Empire staan al een week bijna nonstop te draaien. Heerlijke cd
A king in the making, and the throne is for the taking
So I climb the mountain top and put my stake in
Got the weight of the world on my shoulder
Not a nigga nor a hoodrat bitch can stop me from taking it over
pi_68848370
tvp
Wer lesen kann, ist klar im Vorteil.
  zondag 24 mei 2009 @ 17:18:38 #64
32622 Elusive
Mad Fer It!!
pi_69355329
album is inmiddels gelekt...
geweldig hoor, heerlijke sound!
where did all the love go is super, fast fuse is nu nog beter, klinkt wat "schoner" en volgens mij met een extra gitaar riedeltje
oh en vlad, underdog en natuurlijk fire jesus argh wat moet ik zeggen, wat een tering goed album
pi_69356306
Ah yes ik ga hem meteen beluisteren
pi_69357279
Ben nu bij t 4e nummer

Ik vind dat Where did all the love go wel okay is maar eh, ik wordt een beetje moe ondertussen van dat gewaahaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwowwwwwwwahwwwwwwwhhhh zeurige wat die zanger er altijd op de achtergrond bij moet doen
  zondag 24 mei 2009 @ 18:15:23 #67
38070 Kabouter_Krulleput
Kabouter_Krulleput
pi_69357343
Hij bevalt me ook goed. Maar misschien net een traag nummer teveel.. Fast Fuse, Underdog, Vlad en Fire kenden we al. Veel meer van dat soort staat er niet op.
I don't really come from outer space || Last.fm
pi_69360570
inderdaad weer een prachtig album
pi_69368148
Heb het album 3x geluisterd.
Maar hij pakt me nog niet echt. Staan ook teveel rustige nummertjes op denk ik ofzo...

Maja, geef het morgen nog een kans
pi_69368232
Nja ik vind de al bekende nummers ook de tofste denk ik.

Thick as Thieves vond ik al gaaf, die had ik ergens eerder gehoord, die is wel echt leuk
  zondag 24 mei 2009 @ 23:20:34 #71
230788 n8n
Pragmatisch
pi_69368254
Ik ken ze van een introsong van een Tony Hawk-game, kon de artiest niet achterhalen en nu een tijd later stuitte ik er weer op. Vind dat nummer in ieder geval erg lekker de rest moet ik nog een beetje ontdekken.

edit, dit nummer gaat het om:

Specialization is for insects”.—Robert Heinlein
  maandag 25 mei 2009 @ 01:05:56 #72
128155 Fir3fly
Goodnight everybody!
pi_69370972
Ik vind vooral Take Aim erg lekker.
And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last
When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
  Redactie Games maandag 25 mei 2009 @ 01:27:31 #73
52557 crew  Mr.Noodle
Offtopic in geleuter...
pi_69371178
Whehe, ik gebruik dit voor tijdens het hardlopen..
How do you get precisely 4 Gallons of water with a 3 Gallon and 5 Gallon Can...
  maandag 25 mei 2009 @ 02:13:35 #74
53267 TC03
Catch you on the flipside
pi_69371439
A breath of fresh air.
Ten percent faster with a sturdier frame
pi_69380853
Het nieuwe album klinkt best fris, tussen al dat andere wat ik recentelijk heb zitten luisteren. Zeer onder de indruk, ik ben alleen bang dat ik snel uitgekeken ga raken, net als met Empire toentertijd.
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')