abonnement Unibet Coolblue
pi_138269012

Op zondag 12 augustus 2012 04:06 schreef Geo4kant het volgende:
kijg een zikete jonge kut negerinnte gezicht met je kut torll van kutpsv :'0 ophoerE
pi_138276513
FrontRowBrian twitterde op donderdag 27-03-2014 om 21:50:06 --Exclusive-- Leaked from the UFC offices. A preview of the new UFC uniform. Looks pretty good. Clean. http://t.co/6CV0nQwaVA reageer retweet
kijg een zikete jonge kut negerinnte gezicht met je kut torll van kutpsv :'0 ophoerE
  zaterdag 29 maart 2014 @ 01:15:39 #3
380557 RipMcPants
STEEDS! MAAR! WEER!
pi_138287906
Ellenberger vs Lawler @ UFC 173 _O_
pi_138288364
quote:
0s.gif Op zaterdag 29 maart 2014 01:15 schreef RipMcPants het volgende:
Ellenberger vs Lawler @ UFC 173 _O_
pi_138291178
quote:
3s.gif Op vrijdag 28 maart 2014 20:55 schreef Hooidraad het volgende:
FrontRowBrian twitterde op donderdag 27-03-2014 om 21:50:06 --Exclusive-- Leaked from the UFC offices. A preview of the new UFC uniform. Looks pretty good. Clean. http://t.co/6CV0nQwaVA reageer retweet
#care
  zaterdag 29 maart 2014 @ 11:01:22 #6
153201 Tazmaniac
Mixed Martial Arts
pi_138292472
quote:
0s.gif Op vrijdag 28 maart 2014 11:24 schreef incognitoomuch het volgende:
Francis Carmont will face CB Dollaway at UFC Fight Night Berlin on May 31st!
Redelijk :)

Card tot nu toe laat veel te wensen over...
quote:
Mark Muñoz vs. Gegard Mousasi
Francis Carmont vs. CB Dollaway
Luke Barnatt vs. Sean Strickland
Nick Hein vs. Drew Dober
Peter Sobotta vs. Pawel Pawlak
Magnus Cedenblad vs. Krzysztof Jotko
Attended: UFC 99 - UFC 167 - UFC 175 - TUF 19 Finale - Invicta 13 - UFC 189 - Fight Night 84 / 87 / 90 - TUF 23 Finale - UFC 200 - UFC 205
4 time, 4 time, 4 time, 4 time TUP champion!!!
  zaterdag 29 maart 2014 @ 12:16:51 #7
153201 Tazmaniac
Mixed Martial Arts
pi_138294006
UFC: Too much of a good thing

quote:
My guess is that if you're reading this post on an MMA blog, you're probably a fan of the sport that we cover here. Each and every one of you likely took a different path to becoming a fan and eventually discovering a place like this - some have been entranced since the very first UFC event; some came across the threshold as dreaded TUF noobs; and others have just recently caught onto the phenomenon known as mixed martial arts. Regardless of when you came along, you're getting more MMA right now than at any point in the history of the sport. And it kind of sucks, to be honest.

Before you get all outraged at me having the audacity to take a potshot at your baby, hear me out. My personal journey into the spider web we're all stuck in started a long time ago, and I've been happily (for the most part) trapped here ever since. My passion for what happened inside that octagon (or decagon/ring/yamma pit, take your pick) had never waned for a single second during all of the ups and downs in my life and during the evolution of the sport until recently. I've been trying to figure out why that is, and after a while, the real reason became apparent.

Oversaturation. Nothing feels special any more.

I will freely admit that I'm one to talk about the good ol' days a lot in many aspects of my life, and MMA is no different. I remember being nervous all day before a UFC event, and avoiding internet spoilers like the plague until I could track down a Pride event to watch. I remember sitting up all night with adult beverages and the odd energy drink to follow along with Dream and Sengoku events with a bunch of fellow weirdos right here on Bloody Elbow. And I remember the thousands of articles I've authored about everything from Strikeforce brawls to Chael Sonnen verbally decimating a few Brazilians. It's been a big part of my life, and I'm perfectly okay with that.

Then 2014 came along.

I started the year in style, waking up at 3am to watch an Asian UFC event. Normally I would have just stayed up all night out of excitement, but gone are the days of Shinya Aoki and Super Hluk tournaments (yes, that is spelled correctly). I roused myself from a blissful sleep to watch a 2-0 Royston Wee lay on another guy I had never heard of for three rounds. Yee haw. About the only excitement I could muster during the entire show was in regards to one of my favorite fighters, Tatsuya Kawajiri, making his UFC debut. He won, and I was happy. I'll freely admit I was much happier when I was able to go back to sleep after the main event though.

That was just under 11 weeks ago. There have been nine UFC events since then. Nine. Who has time for Bellator or WSOF or TUF or tag-team MMA in DEEP when the overlord is hijacking TVs and the interwebs every single weekend?

I was always the optimistic fan that wanted more to consume. I was the Cookie Monster of MMA. Whenever anyone complained about the UFC running too many events, I told them to shut their dirty traps and be happy to have more of what they love in their life. But it turns out that those people were right. When you were a kid and your parents stopped for awesome ice cream on a road trip a few times a year, you remember that ice cream. It was something to look forward to when you set out on your long journey. But when the ice cream store opens franchises all over the place and you can get it anywhere and at any time, the allure is lost. Suddenly it doesn't taste as good. You can even get sick of it after a while.

Don't get me wrong - I still get excited for the events that I consider important. I wanted the clock to move faster all day before UFC 171, for instance. I completely understand why the UFC is expanding and what they're trying to accomplish, and I'm cool with it from a business sense. I also have absolutely no problem paying for Fight Pass. As Bleacher Report's Jonathan Snowden wisely put it - I have 10 dollars and I like MMA. Easy decision. I'll continue to buy the PPV's too. I have been the UFC's dream customer.

But on the other hand, all the balance is gone. There are no shows that are stacked top-to-bottom any more. Remember UFC 167, the 20th anniversary show? The one that Dana White promised would have top-level fights all the way from the opener to the main event? A dude nicknamed "The Recipe" made his UFC debut on that card. No disrespect to Lapsley, but I didn't envision seeing him on this huge, crazy UFC event when White made his speech. That wasn't a late replacement. That was a bout actually scheduled for the card from the start.

Most of the non-PPV cards in 2014 feature a solid headliner with a co-main event with at least one name people recognize. And generally it's all downhill from there. Yes, I'm getting these events for cheap or free. I realize that my expectations shouldn't be through the roof for these. But even the last Fox card featured Adriano Martins on the main card. C'mon, son. Really? Fox is paying somewhere near a 100 million a year for Gabriel Gonzaga in the co-main event? I'd let the check bounce if I was handling the finances on that.

The reason I even decided to write this is because of something I felt when I saw that there are no UFC events for the next two weekends. That feeling wasn't sadness, or longing. It was elation. I suddenly became happy at the idea of not being chained to my living room to watch the sport I supposedly loved so much for a little while. It's not because I work for this fine website and I'd have to write about a potential event. Someone else can do that. It's because of the stupid catch 22 of being an addicted UFC fan - I can't bring myself to skip events, but I'm getting less and less out of watching most of the ones that do get put on.

I'm going to stay optimistic and I will hope that this mini-vacation from the UFC will allow me to come back with renewed vigor when the promotion goes to Abu Dhabi on April 11th. And Quebec City on the 16th. Oh, don't forget Orlando on the 19th. What's that, Baltimore on the 26th too?

Yikes. I can't say that I'd hold it against you if you decided to put down the cookies and walk away.
Attended: UFC 99 - UFC 167 - UFC 175 - TUF 19 Finale - Invicta 13 - UFC 189 - Fight Night 84 / 87 / 90 - TUF 23 Finale - UFC 200 - UFC 205
4 time, 4 time, 4 time, 4 time TUP champion!!!
pi_138296834
quote:
0s.gif Op zaterdag 29 maart 2014 09:59 schreef Geo4kant het volgende:

[..]

#care
/care dat jij #care't
pi_138297128
Vannacht de BJJ-rematch tussen Eddie Bravo en Royler Gracie bij Metamoris 3 (zonder jury dus submission only):

Eddie Bravo vs. Royler Gracie (No-Gi)
Clark Gracie vs. Rafael "Rafa" Mendes (Gi)
Keenan Cornelius vs. Vinny Magalhaes (No-Gi)
Renato "Babalu" Sobral vs. Dean Lister (No-Gi)
Guilherme "Gui" Mendes vs. Samir Chantre (Gi)
Sean Roberts vs. Zak Maxwell (Gi)

En iemand gaat een been verliezen:

zondag 30 maart 2014 @ 01:19:57 #10
419342 PSYCHEV
The Answer
pi_138318378
Benieuwd hoe lang Paul Harris dat been zal vasthouden.
TwitchTV: PSYCHEV TWITCH
pi_138319514
Carl vs. Palhares:
SPOILER
Om spoilers te kunnen lezen moet je zijn ingelogd. Je moet je daarvoor eerst gratis Registreren. Ook kun je spoilers niet lezen als je een ban hebt.

Next challenger: Jon Fitch.
pi_138322990
Niet normaal die kerel. Blijft wel fascinerend om te zien.
pi_138324818
quote:
0s.gif Op zondag 30 maart 2014 01:19 schreef PSYCHEV het volgende:
Benieuwd hoe lang Paul Harris dat been zal vasthouden.
De ref trekt gewoon zijn handen er vanaf _O-
pi_138325939
Hij gaat wel heel awkward zijn als champ, z'n post fight interview was al lachwekkend genoeg :')

Paul krijgt zijn belt, de commentator stelt een simpele vraag, Paul komt met een lang en monotoon verhaal in het Braziliaans (wat de vertaler dan maar even kort samenvat in het Engels) waarna de commentator het interview meteen afrondt.
pi_138326539
Bravo vs. Gracie 2:

SPOILER
Om spoilers te kunnen lezen moet je zijn ingelogd. Je moet je daarvoor eerst gratis Registreren. Ook kun je spoilers niet lezen als je een ban hebt.
pi_138331835
Geen mma, maar Jorina Baars heeft Cris Cyborg even kickboksles gegeven!
Andrei Arlovski is a Belarusian heavyweight who has been in the MMA game for quite some time. His first professional fight dates back to 540 B.C. where Leonidas won as the underdog in Sparta
  zondag 30 maart 2014 @ 22:15:35 #17
20925 n00cL30n
..::RSTRCTD::..
pi_138344084
Cyborg kon anders nog aardig meekomen, was niet erg technisch maar geen slecht optreden tegen een muay thai-champ.
  maandag 31 maart 2014 @ 08:00:30 #19
20925 n00cL30n
..::RSTRCTD::..
pi_138353220
Veeg Cyborg haar eigen roots ook niet uit. ;)
pi_138369223
Damn wat een bagger tot nu toe bij TUF3, net episode 3 gezien... Die fokking volleybal en basketbalwijven zijn superirritant en voegen niks toe (volgende episode gaan ze het team motiveren schijnbaar :') ), je hebt die ring-girlverkiezingen en zo'n grietje dat heel erg zenuwachtig is 'voor haar debut in de octagon' :'), de rivaliteit tussen Wandy en Sonnen begint me ook al de keel uit te hangen, en het gevecht was een snoozefest galore.
American ninja, Ninja Gaiden, Real Motherfucking ninja shit.
pi_138369526
quote:
13s.gif Op maandag 31 maart 2014 17:38 schreef Miauw_Zedong het volgende:
Damn wat een bagger tot nu toe bij TUF3, net episode 3 gezien... Die fokking volleybal en basketbalwijven zijn superirritant en voegen niks toe (volgende episode gaan ze het team motiveren schijnbaar :') ), je hebt die ring-girlverkiezingen en zo'n grietje dat heel erg zenuwachtig is 'voor haar debut in de octagon' :'), de rivaliteit tussen Wandy en Sonnen begint me ook al de keel uit te hangen, en het gevecht was een snoozefest galore.
Volgende keer gewoon weer kijken dus?
pi_138369549
quote:
6s.gif Op maandag 31 maart 2014 17:48 schreef Hooidraad het volgende:

[..]

Volgende keer gewoon weer kijken dus?
Zeker, aan het eind zie je een voorstuk van het gevecht tussen Wandy en Sonnen *O*
American ninja, Ninja Gaiden, Real Motherfucking ninja shit.
pi_138370438
Gaan er nog mensen naar UFC in Berlijn en weet iemand wat de tickets ongeveer gaan kosten?
pi_138370621
quote:
0s.gif Op maandag 31 maart 2014 18:19 schreef Opperkwal het volgende:
Gaan er nog mensen naar UFC in Berlijn en weet iemand wat de tickets ongeveer gaan kosten?
Ik wil dit jaar wel een eventje meepikken, liefst Berlijn of Dublin.

Denk dat je rond de 200 euro moet rekenen voor een redelijke plaats, de goedkoopste tickets zijn meestal tussen 50 en 100 euro. Overmorgen begint trouwens de verkoop voor Berlijn.
pi_138370672
quote:
6s.gif Op maandag 31 maart 2014 17:49 schreef Miauw_Zedong het volgende:

[..]

Zeker, aan het eind zie je een voorstuk van het gevecht tussen Wandy en Sonnen *O*
Gelukkig zitten er heavyweights in deze TUF, het moet raar lopen als er niet een paar snoeiharde KO's uit voortkomen :)

SPOILER
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')