abonnement Unibet Coolblue
  dinsdag 1 april 2008 @ 11:23:17 #1
145755 kahaarin
You are my sunshine......
pi_57757042
Madeleine McCann

De vrienden van de McCanns die bij hen waren de bewuste derde mei 2007, de dag waarop Maddy verdween worden nu door Britse agenten verhoord in het bijzijn van de PJ van Portugal.

Er zijn nog een aantal dingen die tegenstrijdig zijn in de verklaringen van de Tapas 7, vandaar dat de Portugese justitie heeft besloten een verhoorronde aan te vragen waar zij bij aanwezig mogen zijn.
Die verhoren gaan binnenkort plaatsvinden.

De McCanns zelf,

Gerry en Kate, zullen deze ronde nog niet gehoord worden, daar zijn 2 mogelijke redenen voor, ze beroepen zich op hun zwijgrecht of de PJ heeft de bewijzen rond en wil de zaak sterker maken door eventuele discrepanties aan te tonen en zo de getuigenissen van de Tapas 7 onderuit te halen.
quote:
Detective Superintendent Stuart Prior, who heads the British arm of the probe, is likely to lead the interviews. Police chief Paulo Rebelo, the man in charge of the investigation, is also likely to make the high-profile trip to Britain.

Detectives want to clear up any “inconsistencies” in the group’s stories about what happened the night Madeleine went missing.

Says McCanns’ spokesman Clarence Mitchell:

“Kate and Gerry and their friends see this as an important chance to help the police. The friends are more than happy to co-operate as are Kate and Gerry although, in this case, the couple will not be interviewed. We hope that the police will realise there is no evidence to link Kate and Gerry with Madeleine’s disappearance in any way and that they will be rapidly eliminated from the inquiry.”
http://www.anorak.co.uk/madeleine-mccann/182598.html

[ Bericht 2% gewijzigd door kahaarin op 02-04-2008 12:30:16 ]
be nice or go away
  dinsdag 1 april 2008 @ 11:30:15 #2
145755 kahaarin
pi_57757176
Uit het vorige topic:
quote:
Op maandag 31 maart 2008 20:29 schreef Suko het volgende:

En dat ongelofelijk onzin-gebep van Clarence Mitchell op Sky News, hoe verzint hij het toch: "Mr Mitchell said the McCanns welcomed the new questioning and there had been no request for them to be re-interviewed. "There were some reports from Portugal last week that police were not going to question Kate and Gerry because they thought they would not co-operate. This is utterly ridiculous and completely baseless." Nee druiloor, dat was omdat de McCanns zich omringen met top-lawers en de PJ houdt er al rekening mee dat de McCanns zich beroepen op hun zwijgrecht, en de moeite niet eens meer neemt, zo wordt beweerd...> (maar ik vermoed dat de PJ genoeg belastend materiaal in handen heeft) Anders hadden ze trouwens allang hun medewerking toch gegeven...ze hebben alleen maar tegengewerkt en druk druk druk met hun publiciteitscampagne!

Interessante (felle) beschouwingen van Joana Morais, maar persoonlijk hou ik daar wel van, niet van dat weke gebabbel....
Inderdaad, eerst maar eens zien of alle getuigenverslagen accuraat zijn en dan eens zien wat ze met de verdachten van plan zijn, nogmaals, ook al hebben ze Maddy zelf niet vermoord, haar verdwijning had nooit kunnen gebeuren als er een babysitter of in elk geval een babyfoon mee was, maar nee, 3 kinderen onder de 4 jaar alleen in een onafgesloten appartement achter laten is echt verantwoordelijk ouderschap.

Hopelijk komt er aan het licht dat ze niet regelmatig hebben gecheckt en dat daardoor een ontvoerder zijn kans schoon heeft gezien, het alternatief dat de McCanns zelf verantwoordelijk zijn blijf ik een enge gedachte vinden, met oog op de tweeling, maar ja we zullen zien.
In mijn ogen blijven de McCanns in elk geval verantwoordelijk voor het creëren van de mogelijkheid tot ontvoering van hun dochter, op zijn minst, het is nu afwachten wat er uit de verhoren komt.
be nice or go away
  dinsdag 1 april 2008 @ 17:05:28 #3
145755 kahaarin
pi_57763082
Nothing to hide?

http://www.truthformadele(...)an-Called-Jones.aspx
quote:
Today I thought I'd call the Madeleine Fund and ask questions about the company because I'm not satisfied with the way they are spending donated funds. I didn't get very far. The media telephone number listed on the Find Madeleine Fund website went through to a voice message system that gave an alternate mobile number for Clarence Mitchell.

I tried Bates Wells - the company solicitors. That proved useless as well and all I got was a voice mail recording telling me that the person I wanted was out of the office. Finally I tried calling John McCann. After getting the addresses of the directors of the Fund, it was possible to obtain some phone numbers of the directors. The information is in the public domain so could hardly be classed as prying or invading privacy. As a customer of the company, I figured it would be a normal thing to do to ask for the complaints department as I wasn't happy with the way things were being handled. Plus, as a bona fide customer it doesn't seem unreasonable to ask for updates on how things are progressing with the money being spent on trying to find Madeleine. After all, that's why it was donated.

I got through to John McCann. Or at least I got through to the person who has the same number as him. I could hear football on the TV in the background. This was a good sign - John McCann is affiliated with an amateur football team in the Glasgow area. He listened. I talked. I said I was interested in getting information on the Madeleine Fund. He said "this is a private residence". He asked what I wanted again. I told him again. He repeated that it was a private residence and he also said that he was a "Jones".

In short, I got nowhere.

But later on I pondered why he told me he was called Jones. When you want to make up a name on the spot, don't you use the name "Smith"? Isn't that the defacto false name?

I thought so.

Since when has a Glaswegian had a WELSH name?
Ik weet niet of het helemaal kies is om iemand op zijn huisadres te bellen om vragen te stellen over het Maddyfund maar toch, de verdwijning is niet het enige dat mysterieus is......
be nice or go away
  dinsdag 1 april 2008 @ 17:15:07 #4
145755 kahaarin
pi_57763223
quote:
Madeleine: parents may have access to police case against them this month
The Associated PressPublished: April 1, 2008

LISBON, Portugal: A lawyer says the parents of missing British girl Madeleine McCann may be entitled to see the Portuguese police case against them within two weeks.

The official secrecy period covering the ongoing police investigation expires April 14.

The McCanns' lawyer, Rogerio Alves, says the secrecy period can be extended only in major cases such as terrorism and organized crime.

Police not said if they intend to bring charges or drop the case against Kate and Gerry McCann. Police named both the McCanns as suspects in the girl's disappearance from a Portuguese vacation apartment in May. They deny any wrongdoing.
http://www.iht.com/articl(...)gal-Missing-Girl.php

Als de McCanns de zaak mogen inzien dan zou je zeggen dat de politie in GB dat ook zou mogen, er is tenslotte een deel van het onderzoek door hen uitgevoerd en de verhoren worden ook door hen afgenomen, zou dit betekenen dat er ook een statement komt van de PJ over de details van deze zaak? Dat hoop ik wel.
be nice or go away
pi_57766681
quote:
Op dinsdag 1 april 2008 17:15 schreef kahaarin het volgende:

[..]

http://www.iht.com/articl(...)gal-Missing-Girl.php

Als de McCanns de zaak mogen inzien dan zou je zeggen dat de politie in GB dat ook zou mogen, er is tenslotte een deel van het onderzoek door hen uitgevoerd en de verhoren worden ook door hen afgenomen, zou dit betekenen dat er ook een statement komt van de PJ over de details van deze zaak? Dat hoop ik wel.
Oh berichten van dat persbureau The Associated Press én één van hun Portugese advocaten moet je wantrouwen. Ook de Telegraph komt met dat 'nieuws met een reactie van....: "Clarence Mitchell, the couple's spokesman, welcomed the lawyer's comments and called for the "arguido" status to be lifted. Mr Mitchell said: "We would hope that the police will do the decent and proper thing and open up the files. "I would go further than that, and say once they have completed the interviews with the the friends, they should go back to Portugal and assess the evidence and eliminate Kate and Gerry and allow everyone once again to concentrate on the search for Madeleine."

Een gevalletje spin IMO. Bovendien is toch onlangs gemeld dat de files tot september op slot blijven, uit een eerdere post, een artikel uit de Correio da Manha: "SECRECY OF JUSTICE Access to the whole process of the case Maddie and the work of PJ in research to McCann is forbidden until September - in secret of justice." Correio da Manha (SEGREDO DE JUSTIÇA O acesso a todo o processo do caso Maddie e ao trabalho da PJ na investigação aos McCann está vedado até Setembro – em segredo de justiça)

Maar wat lees ik net, verraad in het spel???? Duurde het misschien daarom zolang voordat er toestemning werd gegeven wat betreft die 'verhoren' , lekker eerst de vragen bestuderen en bedenken wat de antwoorden zullen/moeten zijn...en daarom de verwachting is dat de files mogelijk openbaar worden, de inhoud is dus misschien al bekend!

Secret was not respected

The goal by Portuguese police with the questioning of several witnesses on British soil, in the case known as the McCann Tapas 7 ", would be seriously compromised by the disclosure of the contents of the letters rogatory and part of The English version of the dossier.

The information is put forward by a source of Leicestershire Constabulary and confirmed by a copy of that document to SOS Madeleine able to gain access. According to the same source, the content of the letters rogatory and parts of the dossier had been copied and sent to a former police officer, now in the private sector, close to a witness and interested in the progress of investigations.

After a few months of waiting, used by witnesses to prepare for the next interrogation, the Judicial Police is supposed to travel to the United Kingdom during the month of April in order to continue its investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Several witnesses, and not least, have received from lawyers and former officers of the British police, and information on how to deal with questions prepared by the team of Paulo Rebelo.

(More) sosmaddie.dhblogs.be Ook op het 3arguidoforum gaan ze over de rooie... En als dat echt waar is, dan weten we zeker hoeveel er op het spel staat, nothing to hide...bollocks!

(Dat belletje naar John McCann over dat fonds heb ik eerder gelezen, mogelijk domweg gecopieeerd dus ik twijfel aan de echtheid hiervan, maar misschien is het dezelfde persoon en is het nogmaals gepost. )

Heb me rot gezocht naar een nieuw topic in deze reeks, 'k rekende op Kahaarin, die is daar goed in. Nu dus in MIS, waarvan ik eerst niet wist wat dat nu betekende, dacht aan een afkorting of zo...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
> The REAL Madeleine McCann Story < filmpje.
pi_57774849
Anyway, een artikel uit de Correio da Manhã met wat spicey comments van Joana Morais:
quote:
McCanns: Secrecy of Justice up to August If there was no understanding of when the period began to count in September, the secrecy of justice would be lifted in April, but having this agreement the secrecy in the process will only end in August. “In declarations, to the CM, Rogério Alves, lawyer of the McCanns, contradicts the news circulating yesterday in the UK press, according to which the process of the inquiry to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann from Praia da Luz, in the 3rd of May of last year, would be available for consultation after the 14th of April.

“It is out of question", said also to the CM a source close to the investigation. According to several English newspapers, quoting an interview of Rogério Alves to the news agency Associated Press [you can read his interview and see the differences in the UK tabloids for yourself], the former bar of the Order of the Lawyers, would have informed his clients that they might try the consultation to the process from the 14th of April. “What I speak with my clients I do not speak in public ", said to the CM Rogério Alves, explaining that "the secrecy will only be lifted in August".

In the count down for the investigations to the friends who were on vacation with the McCanns in the Praia da Luz, predicted to begin day 8 of this month, in Leicester and in the presence of elements of the PJ , Rogério Alves also said to the CM: "I was not notified of anything, neither were my clients." Kate and Gerry, who are preparing a documentary to be exhibited on the 30th of April, about an alert system for missing children, might not be, for the moment, questioned by the police. Source: Correio da Manhã

Maybe, and knowing for a fact that Team McCann spin has previously 'modified' what people say, like Mr. Alípio Ribeiro comments, and others, Mr. Rogério Alves should take the advice given to Hugo Chávez by His Majesty Juan Carlos, the King of Spain: ¿Por qué no te callas? [Why don't you Shut Up?] (dat zei de koning van Spanje idd tegen de Venezolaanse president Hugo Chávez: "Hou je waffel eens dicht." telegraaf.nl)

Yesterday, once again spinning, Clarence Mitchell had this to say:

Clarence Mitchell, the couple’s spokesman, welcomed the lawyer’s comments and called for the arguido status to be lifted. Mr Mitchell said: “We would hope that the police will do the decent and proper thing and open up the files."

“I would go further than that, and say once they have completed the interviews with the friends, they should go back to Portugal and assess the evidence and eliminate Kate and Gerry and allow everyone once again to concentrate on the search for Madeleine.”

"Kate and Gerry and their friends have long expected this visit by Portuguese police officers." "It comes as no surprise to them at all that some reports in the Portuguese papers in the last few days have been speculating about the arrival date."

" I am not in a position to confirm any dates or give any details about the re-interviewing of the friends and all matters will have to go to Leicestershire police to be dealt with." "However, Kate and Gerry and their friends welcome the police interviews. The friends are more than happy to co-operate fully, as are Kate and Gerry, although in this case Kate and Gerry will not be re-interviewed."

"This has not been requested but Kate and Gerry would have agreed to answer any questions had they police wished to put anything to them. "There were some reports from Portugal last week that police were not going the question Kate and Gerry because they thought they would not co-operate. This is utterly ridiculous and completely baseless."

"Kate and Gerry and their friends see this as an important chance to help the police." " We hope that the police will realise that there is no evidence to link Kate and Gerry with Madeleine's disappearance in any way and that they will be rapidly eliminated from the inquiry and the arguido status, which was imposed too hastily as the head of the Portuguese admitted, will be lifted as soon as possible"

Source: The UK Tabloids, Sky News aka the McCann's Media.
Dat vermoedde ik dus ook al in m'n voorlaatste post. Mitchell manipuleert met de feiten en alle Britse kranten plaatsen dat geblaat braaf, zonder ook maar even zelf te onderzoeken wát die advocaat wel en niet heeft verklaard.

pi_57775251
Nu ik er toch ben, journo Paulo Reis is weer terug, was en is nog ziek maar schrijft over de McCanns wetenschap qua inhoud wat betreft die Rogatory letters:
quote:
Looking at the most recent news – the fact that the Tapas Group had access to the content of the rogatory letters and part of the police files about the investigation of Madeleine’s disappearance – I must say that this shouldn’t be a surprise, for those who have been following this case.

On January 2008, Clarence Mitchell revealed that “British police and child protection officers do not suspect Madeleine McCann's parents of involvement in her disappearance”. And he was clear about the source of this information, when he said: “I have also had briefings privately from the police and the Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) centre that also gave me complete reassurance that the authorities, in this country certainly, are treating this as a case of rare stranger abduction, as they call it."

At the end of November 2007, the seven friends that were having diner at the Tapas restaurant, with Gerry and Kate McCann, met for the first time after the events at Praia da Luz. It was an emotional meeting, as the British Press referred, two weeks after the meeting took place, at a hotel in Rothley. But it wasn’t only the group of friends that were present. Some of the advisers of the McCann family were there, also.

It’s good to remember that on January 2008, the Foreign Secretary confirmed that he “has communicated with the McCann family on a number of occasions. However any further details relating to this have been withheld under Section 36 (2) (c) of the FOIA - information which, if disclosed, would or would be likely to, prejudice the effective conduct of public affairs. Section 36 is a qualified exemption and therefore a public interest test to determine whether or not the information should be released had to be applied.”

Another strange detail has emerged, on October 2007, on an interview of Alex Woolfall, the Media management crisis expert that was at Praia da Luz 48 hours after Madeleine vanished. He told “The Times” that “he heard no suggestion in the early days that the girl had been snatched. ‘Certainly I did not hear any discussion that this could be a paedophile or an aggravated robbery. All the time I was around it was whether she could have wandered off and had an accident or somebody had actually taken her in, perhaps not with ill-intent.”

But Kate McCann was clear – and in total contradiction – about this subject, in several interviews to British newspapers: 'There wasn't a shadow of a doubt in my mind she'd been taken”, Kate McCann told "The Independent", on August 5th, referring to the moment when she went inside the apartment and realized that Madeleine wasn’t there.

Now, let’s wait and see what course events will take. But going back to the beginning of this case, allow me to quote Piers Morgan, former editor of “News of The World” and “Daily Mirror”: "Nobody I know says they would ever have left three kids aged under four on their own to go out with their mates at night on holiday. NOBODY."
Oh, da's een gemeen steekje maar wie wordt er niet cynisch/sarcastisch van dit hele gebeuren, wat mij betreft heeft Madeleine nooit een hoofdrol gespeeld maar was meer een kruiwagen voor wát precies...daar ben ik nog niet geheel achter eigenlijk. Ik hoop het nog mee te maken dat de PJ kan zeggen: "We've got them!" (variant van Bush na de vangst van Saddam Hoessein)

woensdag 2 april 2008 @ 13:27:09 #8
145755 kahaarin
pi_57778382
quote:
Op dinsdag 1 april 2008 20:45 schreef Suko het volgende:

Oh berichten van dat persbureau The Associated Press én één van hun Portugese advocaten moet je wantrouwen. Ook de Telegraph komt met dat 'nieuws met een reactie van....: "Clarence Mitchell, the couple's spokesman, welcomed the lawyer's comments and called for the "arguido" status to be lifted. Mr Mitchell said: "We would hope that the police will do the decent and proper thing and open up the files. "I would go further than that, and say once they have completed the interviews with the the friends, they should go back to Portugal and assess the evidence and eliminate Kate and Gerry and allow everyone once again to concentrate on the search for Madeleine."
Ah, okay, ik vond het ook al zo haaks op eerdere berichten staan, McCann propaganda dus, vandaar.
quote:
Een gevalletje spin IMO. Bovendien is toch onlangs gemeld dat de files tot september op slot blijven, uit een eerdere post, een artikel uit de Correio da Manha: "SECRECY OF JUSTICE Access to the whole process of the case Maddie and the work of PJ in research to McCann is forbidden until September - in secret of justice." Correio da Manha (SEGREDO DE JUSTIÇA O acesso a todo o processo do caso Maddie e ao trabalho da PJ na investigação aos McCann está vedado até Setembro – em segredo de justiça)
Precies, dat dacht ik ook gelezen te hebben, vandaar mijn voorzichtige commentaar bij deze link.
quote:
Maar wat lees ik net, verraad in het spel???? Duurde het misschien daarom zolang voordat er toestemning werd gegeven wat betreft die 'verhoren' , lekker eerst de vragen bestuderen en bedenken wat de antwoorden zullen/moeten zijn...en daarom de verwachting is dat de files mogelijk openbaar worden, de inhoud is dus misschien al bekend!

Secret was not respected

The goal by Portuguese police with the questioning of several witnesses on British soil, in the case known as the McCann Tapas 7 ", would be seriously compromised by the disclosure of the contents of the letters rogatory and part of The English version of the dossier.
Nou ja zeg, dat is toch wel het toppunt, tegenwerken van een vreemd land is discutabel maar nog enigzins te begrijpen maar de poten onder een onderzoek weg zagen is echt het uiterste.....
quote:
(More) sosmaddie.dhblogs.be Ook op het 3arguidoforum gaan ze over de rooie... En als dat echt waar is, dan weten we zeker hoeveel er op het spel staat, nothing to hide...bollocks!
Dat kan ik me voorstellen, dit is niet meer een onderzoek maar een complot.
quote:
(Dat belletje naar John McCann over dat fonds heb ik eerder gelezen, mogelijk domweg gecopieeerd dus ik twijfel aan de echtheid hiervan, maar misschien is het dezelfde persoon en is het nogmaals gepost. )
Bij gebrek aan nieuws heb ik maar even op de fora rondgesnuffeld, daar kwam ik het tegen, het was gister gepost misschien een herpost idd.
quote:
Heb me rot gezocht naar een nieuw topic in deze reeks, 'k rekende op Kahaarin, die is daar goed in. Nu dus in MIS, waarvan ik eerst niet wist wat dat nu betekende, dacht aan een afkorting of zo...
Na de aankondiging van Buzzer:
quote:
Op vrijdag 28 maart 2008 16:07 schreef buzzer het volgende:
---> MIS
zag ik dat het kopje naast de tt: Index / Misdaad
Maddy, the plot thickens.
bovenaan het vorige topic Misdaad was, bij het openen van een nieuw topic ging hij daar automatisch heen, bedankt!
be nice or go away
  woensdag 2 april 2008 @ 13:30:15 #9
145755 kahaarin
pi_57778467
quote:
Op woensdag 2 april 2008 10:12 schreef Suko het volgende:
Anyway, een artikel uit de Correio da Manhã met wat spicey comments van Joana Morais:

Dat vermoedde ik dus ook al in m'n voorlaatste post. Mitchell manipuleert met de feiten en alle Britse kranten plaatsen dat geblaat braaf, zonder ook maar even zelf te onderzoeken wát die advocaat wel en niet heeft verklaard.
Natuurlijk, de kranten wachten ook op bewijs, niet op statements van louche sources close to, dat kan verkeerd aflopen zoals we gezien hebben.
be nice or go away
  woensdag 2 april 2008 @ 13:36:12 #10
145755 kahaarin
pi_57778595
quote:
Op woensdag 2 april 2008 10:38 schreef Suko het volgende:
Nu ik er toch ben, journo Paulo Reis is weer terug, was en is nog ziek maar schrijft over de McCanns wetenschap qua inhoud wat betreft die Rogatory letters:
[..]

Oh, da's een gemeen steekje maar wie wordt er niet cynisch/sarcastisch van dit hele gebeuren, wat mij betreft heeft Madeleine nooit een hoofdrol gespeeld maar was meer een kruiwagen voor wát precies...daar ben ik nog niet geheel achter eigenlijk. Ik hoop het nog mee te maken dat de PJ kan zeggen: "We've got them!" (variant van Bush na de vangst van Saddam Hoessein)
Who-ever they may be.

Dat is imho geen gemeen steekje maar de botte waarheid, 3 kids onder de 4 alleen laten in een onafgesloten app is vragen om problemen, vooral omdat Maddy groot genoeg was om zelf uit bed te komen, maar goed dat is zo langzamerhand mijn stokpaardje, ik kan er gewoon echt niet bij dat Kate en Gerry woorden als 'naive' en 'responsable parenting' in de mond durven te nemen.

Dat het al lang niet meer om Maddy draait waren we geloof ik een slordige 5 à 6 topics terug al over uit, dit is niet meer een verdwijning maar een prestigezaak die, als hij niet zo groot was opgeklopt, geruisloos onder het tapijt had gekund, nu niet meer, gelukkig.
be nice or go away
pi_57779624
Zo hé, wat een posten Kahaarin, altijd spannend de retourposten lezen. Jammer eigenlijk dat wij vrijwel de enige nog zijn die dat doen... Tja, posters op fora/blogs zijn eigenlijk de enige die verder kijken dan de Britse neus lang is, ik vind het nog steeds, naast het Madeleine-drama, ook journalistiek gezien een ongelofelijk dieptepunt! Terecht dat in het begin artikelen die geschreven werden door kennelijk alleen de vinger in de lucht te houden, met potten zout moesten worden gelezen. Thans zijn we aanbeland met geneuzel van ene Clarence Mitchell met de backing van 's lands beste advocaten, klakkeloos door de pers afgedrukt.

Anyway, even een mededeling mijnerzijds: ik wilde een artikel zoeken en wat schetst mijn verbazing, sommige artikelen uit de Daily Mail (en zusterblad thisislondon) zijn óf verdwenen óf aangepast, zelfs maanden later. Ook Sky News flikt dat. Voorbeeldje uit een oud topic, gestart in September 2007, vanaf deze post op 9 september Madeleine McCann: mogelijk binnenkort arrestaties? (3) Dat artikel uit de Daily Mail is in december aangepast. En zo heb ik er tig gevonden. Geloof dus alleen wat wij hier en andere posten letterlijk op fora plaatsen. Alleen een link naar het artikel, zoals soms wel op het 3arguidoforum gebeurd is niet voldoende, want mogelijk is het nieuws allang alweer 'aangepast'. De ratten!

(Het meisje Shannon Mattews is nog steeds in 'care' en kan wel tot januari 2009 duren, mams heeft haar nog maar 1x ff gezien, er is daar heel wat mis in die familie, stiefvader (22jr) is net gearesteerd wegens bezit van kinderporno op diverse pc's, overigens geen afbeeldingen Shannon en de andere kids)

woensdag 2 april 2008 @ 15:16:59 #12
145755 kahaarin
pi_57780896
quote:
Op woensdag 2 april 2008 14:20 schreef Suko het volgende:
Zo hé, wat een posten Kahaarin, altijd spannend de retourposten lezen. Jammer eigenlijk dat wij vrijwel de enige nog zijn die dat doen... Tja, posters op fora/blogs zijn eigenlijk de enige die verder kijken dan de Britse neus lang is, ik vind het nog steeds, naast het Madeleine-drama, ook journalistiek gezien een ongelofelijk dieptepunt! Terecht dat in het begin artikelen die geschreven werden door kennelijk alleen de vinger in de lucht te houden, met potten zout moesten worden gelezen. Thans zijn we aanbeland met geneuzel van ene Clarence Mitchell met de backing van 's lands beste advocaten, klakkeloos door de pers afgedrukt.
Grappig toch, bericht terug, idd zijn er niet veel meer, ik mis Moussy, Jane, Nadine, Gert, Milagro, Voyeur e.v.a., jammer dat die niet meer posten.
Ik snap het wel, er is al zo lang geen echt nieuws meer, alleen dat gespin van Clarrie en consorten, halve waarheden suggesties en gemopper over en weer, tel daar de andere vermiste/teruggevonden/helaas vermoorde kinderen bij op en het is ook om moe van te worden, alleen eigenwijs als ik ben denk dat het toch wel ooit opgelost gaat worden, ik ga iig door totdat er een uitspraak is of Maddy terug is gevonden.
quote:
Anyway, even een mededeling mijnerzijds: ik wilde een artikel zoeken en wat schetst mijn verbazing, sommige artikelen uit de Daily Mail (en zusterblad thisislondon) zijn óf verdwenen óf aangepast, zelfs maanden later. Ook Sky News flikt dat. Voorbeeldje uit een oud topic, gestart in September 2007, vanaf deze post op 9 september Madeleine McCann: mogelijk binnenkort arrestaties? (3) Dat artikel uit de Daily Mail is in december aangepast. En zo heb ik er tig gevonden. Geloof dus alleen wat wij hier en andere posten letterlijk op fora plaatsen. Alleen een link naar het artikel, zoals soms wel op het 3arguidoforum gebeurd is niet voldoende, want mogelijk is het nieuws allang alweer 'aangepast'. De ratten!
Dat zal voortvloeien uit die rechtzaken en schikkingen, ik denk dat dit een randvoorwaarde was van de deal die getroffen is met de McCanns, gelukkig hebben we hier nog een hoop staan, misschien een beetje versnipperd maar toch.
quote:
(Het meisje Shannon Mattews is nog steeds in 'care' en kan wel tot januari 2009 duren, mams heeft haar nog maar 1x ff gezien, er is daar heel wat mis in die familie, stiefvader (22jr) is net gearesteerd wegens bezit van kinderporno op diverse pc's, overigens geen afbeeldingen Shannon en de andere kids)
Bah wat sneu, dan ga je je toch afvragen of het meisje niet is "verhuurd" door haar stiefvader.
be nice or go away
  woensdag 2 april 2008 @ 15:23:48 #13
145755 kahaarin
pi_57781082
quote:
The parents of missing British girl Madeleine McCann may be entitled to see the Portuguese police case against them within two weeks, one of their lawyers said.

The official secrecy period covering the ongoing police investigation expires April 14 and can be extended only in major cases such as terrorism and organised crime, Rogerio Alves said.

"If there is no decision on whether to bring charges or drop the case by April 14, in principle ... the suspects are entitled to consult the case file," Alves said.

Police have given no indication whether they intend to bring charges or drop the case against Kate and Gerry McCann, named as suspects in Madeleine's disappearance from a Portuguese vacation apartment in May last year, shortly before her fourth birthday. They deny responsibility.

Due to Portugal's secrecy law covering open police investigations, "we don't know why" police consider the McCanns as suspects, Alves said.

Portuguese police have declined to speak publicly about the case.

Clarence Mitchell, the McCanns' spokesman in London, said gaining access to the police file is "an absolute priority" for Madeleine's parents because it would help them to defend themselves. He said they would take advice from their lawyers on whether to travel to Portugal to view the police evidence.

British police said that Portuguese detectives planned to travel to Britain next week to re-interview friends of Madeleine's parents who had dinner with the couple on the night the girl went missing.

The public prosecutor could still bring charges after April 14 and the investigation could go on for years.

Alves said the status of official suspect is designed to ensure fair treatment of people under investigation. They are granted rights unavailable to witnesses, such as the right to silence and to legal assistance.

However, being named an official suspect has become an "irrational label" that brings "a social stigma ... a presumption of guilt," he said.

Kate and Gerry McCann last month accepted an apology and 550,000 pounds ($A1.2 million) in damages over British tabloid newspaper stories suggesting they had caused their daughter's death.

Alves is one of two renowned lawyers hired by the McCanns to represent them in Portugal. They also have a legal team in London.

The head of the Portuguese police's detective branch said in February that investigators acted hastily in naming the parents as suspects.

Kate and Gerry McCann mounted an international campaign to find their daughter, drawing worldwide attention and sympathy.
http://news.sbs.com.au/wo(...)e_police_case_544054

Het is toch blijkbaar zo dat ze de files mogen inzien, wellicht hebben ze die secrecy met succes aangevochten, in theorie als de McCanns het in mogen zien dan zijn de PJ en de rechercheurs ook niet meer gebonden aan de zwijgplicht toch?
Dan gaan we via b.v. 24Horas nog een hoop modder gooien krijgen, natuurlijk weer via sources close to of zoiets maar ik geloof nooit dat ze dit in Portugal over hun kant laten gaan zonder slag of stoot.
Koekje erbij?

Hmm, de Britse pers is wat meer terughoudend.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=553010&in_page_id=1770&ito=newsnow
quote:
Mr Mitchell said: "We would hope that the police will do the decent and proper thing and open up the files."

"I would go further than that, and say once they have completed the interviews with the friends, they should go back to Portugal and assess the evidence and eliminate Kate and Gerry and allow everyone once again to concentrate on the search for Madeleine."
be nice or go away
  woensdag 2 april 2008 @ 17:24:05 #14
145755 kahaarin
pi_57783617
quote:
Madeleine suspect Robert Murat back in Britain to see his five-year-old daughter
Last updated at 15:28pm on 2nd April 2008

Robert Murat has returned to Britain for an emotional reunion with his daughter, it was revealed today.

It is understood Mr Murat had not seen five-year-old Sofia since being named an official suspect in the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann almost a year ago.

Two weeks ago he informed police he wanted to visit the UK and see Sofia - and was allowed to do so. The fact that Portuguese authorities did not stand in his way suggests there is no evidence against Mr Murat.

Emotional trip: Robert Murat, the first suspect in the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, returned to the UK to be reunited with his daughter, five

The move comes after the decision by police last month to return items of clothing and computers seized when he was made a suspect - or arguido - on 19 May, 16 days after Madeleine vanished from her parents' apartment in the resort of Praia da Luz in the Algarve.

Mr Murat's uncle, Ralph Everleigh, said: "Robert has been back to the UK for an emotional reunion with his daughter. He loves his little girl and has missed her so much this past year."

Mr Everleigh, who runs a guesthouse just outside Praia da Luz, said he thought Mr Murat was now on his way back to Portugal. Mr Murat was not available for comment today.

Mr Murat has always denied any involvement in Madeleine's disappearnce.

Despite searches of his mother Jenny's villa - about 150 yards from where Madeleine went missing - and forensic science tests on his car and other extensive inquiries, no evidence has been found to connect him to the disappearance.

Missing: Madeleine McCann

Mrs Murat, 42, who lives in Hockering, Norfolk, said in a recent interview that Sofia had become the subject of kidnap threats.

She said: "There are a lot of weird people out there and if something happens to one innocent child they think an eye for an eye. They want to harm another innocent child - my daughter. We are living in constant fear."

She has said she has "no doubt" of her estranged husband's innocence, adding: "All he wanted to do was help the McCanns."

Portuguese detectives will visit the UK on Monday to re-interview friends of Madeleine's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, who were dining at a tapas bar when the girl vanished.

In September, the McCanns were also made arguidos before being allowed to return to their home in Rothley, Leicestershire. They also protest their innocence.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=554191&in_page_id=1770&ito=newsnow

Mooi dat hij zijn meisje weer eens mag zien en die gekken die haar bedreigen zijn echt helemaal gestoord.

[ Bericht 3% gewijzigd door kahaarin op 02-04-2008 17:47:51 ]
be nice or go away
pi_57787552
Yep, ik mis de door jou genoemde posters ook, al was het maar om andere meningen te lezen, houdt de geest scherp! Maar misschien lezen ze mee. Anyway, ik dacht ergens gelezen te hebben dat ergens eind vorig jaar een officer een dik dossier naar Rothley heeft gebracht, ik kan zelfs de foto met hem en dat dikke pak papier nog voor de geest halen, ik kan het alleen nergens meer vinden, Pfffffffff. Toevallig weer....? Wel is het zo dat halverwege september de strikte Portugese wet op de secrecy iets versoepeld zou worden, stukkie uit The Times Monday, Sep. 17, 2007: "Changes to Portugal's secrecy laws over the weekend give suspects and third parties — who were previously not allowed to know the details of a police investigation — greater access to case files, meaning the McCanns' legal team could get hold of the 4,000-page police file on Madeleine's parents sooner than anticipated." Ik denk zomaar dat het team McCann meer weet als dat ze via Clarence Mitchell naar de buitenwereld laten weten. En dan daarna die samenkomst (hotel in Rothley) in november met die Tapas-vrienden, met al die advocaten....Tja. Laat het publiek maar denken dat ze in het luchtledige zitten en dat is zo onrechtvaardig...ach ach. My ass, ik geloof er geen bal van. Jeetje, dat Robert Murat zolang z'n dochter niet heeft gezien, dat is toch wel erg, alhoewel ik wel nog ergens geloof dat hij de McCanns kent en een aantal Tapas-vrienden uit Exeter, zou kunnen dat hij er verder niets mee te maken heeft, ik hou een paar procentjes qua ietsje wantrouwen in gedachten... En die bedreigingen, te triest voor woorden!

> The REAL Madeleine McCann Story < filmpje + Reminder: Blood clue puts McCann parents in crosshairs
  donderdag 3 april 2008 @ 13:02:15 #16
145755 kahaarin
pi_57802781
quote:
Op woensdag 2 april 2008 20:15 schreef Suko het volgende:
Yep, ik mis de door jou genoemde posters ook, al was het maar om andere meningen te lezen, houdt de geest scherp! Maar misschien lezen ze mee. Anyway, ik dacht ergens gelezen te hebben dat ergens eind vorig jaar een officer een dik dossier naar Rothley heeft gebracht, ik kan zelfs de foto met hem en dat dikke pak papier nog voor de geest halen, ik kan het alleen nergens meer vinden, Pfffffffff. Toevallig weer....? Wel is het zo dat halverwege september de strikte Portugese wet op de secrecy iets versoepeld zou worden, stukkie uit The Times Monday, Sep. 17, 2007: "Changes to Portugal's secrecy laws over the weekend give suspects and third parties — who were previously not allowed to know the details of a police investigation — greater access to case files, meaning the McCanns' legal team could get hold of the 4,000-page police file on Madeleine's parents sooner than anticipated." Ik denk zomaar dat het team McCann meer weet als dat ze via Clarence Mitchell naar de buitenwereld laten weten. En dan daarna die samenkomst (hotel in Rothley) in november met die Tapas-vrienden, met al die advocaten....Tja. Laat het publiek maar denken dat ze in het luchtledige zitten en dat is zo onrechtvaardig...ach ach. My ass, ik geloof er geen bal van. Jeetje, dat Robert Murat zolang z'n dochter niet heeft gezien, dat is toch wel erg, alhoewel ik wel nog ergens geloof dat hij de McCanns kent en een aantal Tapas-vrienden uit Exeter, zou kunnen dat hij er verder niets mee te maken heeft, ik hou een paar procentjes qua ietsje wantrouwen in gedachten... En die bedreigingen, te triest voor woorden!

> The REAL Madeleine McCann Story < filmpje + Reminder: Blood clue puts McCann parents in crosshairs
Dat hebben ze vast al gezien idd, nu nog zorgen dat ze het legaal en officieel mogen gebruiken, die zijn echt wel op de hoogte van alle ins en outs.

Murat was imho op het verkeerde moment op de verkeerde plek, hij is immers helemaal door de mangel gehaald, zijn spullen zijn onderzocht en hij heeft alles netjes terug gekregen, bovendien heeft hij toestemming gekregen om zijn kind te bezoeken, dat krijg je niet als er ook maar de schijn van schuld bestaat in Portugal, waarom denk je dat de McCanns anders met grote spoed en heel plotseling zijn vertrokken uit Portugal terwijl ze eerst nog hadden gezegd dat ze zouden blijven totdat Maddy terug was gevonden, die voelden de bui al hangen.
be nice or go away
pi_57803467
quote:
Op donderdag 3 april 2008 13:02 schreef kahaarin het volgende:

[..]

Dat hebben ze vast al gezien idd, nu nog zorgen dat ze het legaal en officieel mogen gebruiken, die zijn echt wel op de hoogte van alle ins en outs.

Murat was imho op het verkeerde moment op de verkeerde plek, hij is immers helemaal door de mangel gehaald, zijn spullen zijn onderzocht en hij heeft alles netjes terug gekregen, bovendien heeft hij toestemming gekregen om zijn kind te bezoeken, dat krijg je niet als er ook maar de schijn van schuld bestaat in Portugal, waarom denk je dat de McCanns anders met grote spoed en heel plotseling zijn vertrokken uit Portugal terwijl ze eerst nog hadden gezegd dat ze zouden blijven totdat Maddy terug was gevonden, die voelden de bui al hangen.
Absoluut Kahaarin, alhoewel de McCanns na de Arguido-status wel mochten vertrekken. Wel staat vast dat ze ook bang waren voor Social Services in de UK, onbegrijpelijk dat ze zonder meer de twins mochten houden, of er onderzoek is geweest is niet bekend. Overigens had de ex van Murat met dochtertje ook naar Portugal kunnen komen maar misschien was dat om de een of andere reden niet mogelijk of waren ze bang voor Metodo 3. En misschien hebben die laatste ook iets van doen met die bedreigingen, ik acht de PI's van dat bureautje tot alles in staat, iov van wie??? Verder geen nieuws gezien, zal wel te maken hebben met de inachtneming van een media-stilte rondom de verhoren...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pi_57804417
Toch nog even maar het verhoor-gebeuren, vandaag gelezen in The Times, iets pro-McCann in de regel en niet alles is per se ook precies zoals het hier staat beschreven:
quote:
British police ready to question 'Tapas Seven' over Madeleine disappearance British police investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann are to interview more than 30 people who could help to prove that her parents were not involved in her abduction.

The interviews will begin next Tuesday with the first of the seven British friends who were on holiday with the McCanns when Madeleine was reported missing in Portugal. A different couple will be interviewed each day in the presence of Portuguese detectives at the headquarters of Leicestershire Police.

The officers will concentrate on alleged inconsistencies in the timelines of events on May 3. None of the witnesses will be made arguidos (official suspects under Portuguese law) and detectives will not seize evidence or search homes. Madeleine's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, both doctors from Rothley, Leicestershire, have offered to be reinterviewed but will not be questioned. British officers will then begin interviews with more than two dozen other people who were at the Ocean Club resort in Praia Da Luz on May 3 last year or who were later connected to the case.

The witnesses include other holidaymakers, nannies at the Ocean Club, people who claim to have seen Madeleine being abducted, the psychologist who comforted Kate McCann and the McCanns' official spokesmen, Clarence Mitchell and Justine McGuinness. The list of people to be interviewed has been provided by Kate and Gerry McCann as part of their rights as arguidos to demand that police speak to people who could prove their innocence.

Paulo Rebelo, the chief investigator in the Polícia Judiciária investigation into Madeleine's disappearance, will fly to Britain with two other detectives on Monday. They will stay until Friday to watch the interviews with the so-called “Tapas Seven” who were at a restaurant on the Ocean Club with Mr and Mrs McCann when Madeleine went missing.

Jane Tanner, 36, claimed she saw a man carrying a girl from the McCanns' apartment at about 9.15pm - when another witness says he was outside the flat at the same time but did not see her or the mystery man. Her partner, Dr Russell O'Brien, 36, from Exeter, was away from the group for up to 45 minutes in the period that Madeleine was taken from her bed.

Dr Matthew Oldfield, 37, a hospital consultant from London, and his wife Rachel, 36, a recruitment consultant, were also at the tapas restaurant. David Payne, 41, a cardiovascular researcher from Leicester, was the last person outside the McCann family to see Madeleine. His wife, Fiona, 34, and her mother, Diane Webster, will also be interviewed.

The McCanns' Portuguese lawyers have requested the police case against them be made made public on the eight-month anniversary of the day they were made official suspects. However, detectives can request a three-month extension, as granted in the case of the other official suspect, Robert Murat, in January.

Because of the change in Portuguese law, the court could rule that the eight-month limit actually started in September last year. And the evidence could remain sealed indefinitely if police rule that the case is a major crime, such as international child trafficking.

Mr Murat, 34, has recently returned to Britain to see his five-year-old daughter, Sofia, for the first time since he was made an official suspect in Madeleine's disappearance. Mr Murat, who lives with his mother in a villa about 100 yards from the McCanns' holiday apartment, has strenuously denied any involvement. Police last month returned computers and clothing they had seized during the search of his home in an indication that they no longer believed he was a suspect.
  donderdag 3 april 2008 @ 14:36:16 #19
145755 kahaarin
pi_57804607
quote:
Op donderdag 3 april 2008 13:38 schreef Suko het volgende:

[..]

Absoluut Kahaarin, alhoewel de McCanns na de Arguido-status wel mochten vertrekken. Wel staat vast dat ze ook bang waren voor Social Services in de UK, onbegrijpelijk dat ze zonder meer de twins mochten houden, of er onderzoek is geweest is niet bekend. Overigens had de ex van Murat met dochtertje ook naar Portugal kunnen komen maar misschien was dat om de een of andere reden niet mogelijk of waren ze bang voor Metodo 3. En misschien hebben die laatste ook iets van doen met die bedreigingen, ik acht de PI's van dat bureautje tot alles in staat, iov van wie??? Verder geen nieuws gezien, zal wel te maken hebben met de inachtneming van een media-stilte rondom de verhoren...
Als ik de ex van Murat was dan was ik ook niet naar Portugal gekomen, al die pers en detectives die daar rondspoken, het meisje had dan waarschijnlijk alleen maar persfotografen gezien, lijkt me niet echt handig, wel goed dat ze dat niet hebben gedaan, sneu voor haar vader dat ze elkaar bijna een jaar niet irl hebben gezien, lijkt me echt zwaar.

Heb jij ook het gevoel dat bijna iedereen in GB hun adem inhoudt totdat er nieuws komt over de verhoren? Nieuwe feiten en statements is volgens mij waar iedereen op zit te wachten, speculeren is gevaarlijk geworden, alhoewel ik een beetje het gevoel heb dat die claims een vooropgezet plan waren, het Maddyfund was bijna leeg en het zou me niet verbazen dat dmv de contacten die Gerry heeft met de pers via Clarrie er een soort opzetje is gemaakt om daar wat aan te doen.
Wat natuurlijk echt een klap is in het gezicht van de persvrijheid.

Wat betreft je andere post, bla, spin, en geruchten, niets nieuws, alleen 'stating the obvious'.

Edit: niets tegen jou persoonlijk, enkel tegen dit "nieuws"
be nice or go away
pi_57809149
quote:
Op donderdag 3 april 2008 14:36 schreef kahaarin het volgende:

[..]

Als ik de ex van Murat was dan was ik ook niet naar Portugal gekomen, al die pers en detectives die daar rondspoken, het meisje had dan waarschijnlijk alleen maar persfotografen gezien, lijkt me niet echt handig, wel goed dat ze dat niet hebben gedaan, sneu voor haar vader dat ze elkaar bijna een jaar niet irl hebben gezien, lijkt me echt zwaar.

Heb jij ook het gevoel dat bijna iedereen in GB hun adem inhoudt totdat er nieuws komt over de verhoren? Nieuwe feiten en statements is volgens mij waar iedereen op zit te wachten, speculeren is gevaarlijk geworden, alhoewel ik een beetje het gevoel heb dat die claims een vooropgezet plan waren, het Maddyfund was bijna leeg en het zou me niet verbazen dat dmv de contacten die Gerry heeft met de pers via Clarrie er een soort opzetje is gemaakt om daar wat aan te doen.
Wat natuurlijk echt een klap is in het gezicht van de persvrijheid. Yep, allemaal de bek gesnoerd, lijkt potdomme het voormalige Oostblok wel! Het opzetje is wat mij betreft gemaakt door Clarence Mitchell tijdens die LSE-lezing. Ook toen was de bodem van het Madeleine-fonds zichtbaar. Ik hoop het nog mee te maken wát er allemaal aan de hand is want ergens klopt er iets niet, dat alle journo's één kant op kijken, en zo ook de McCanns&Co, naar de andere kant. Nog nooit vertoond.

Wat betreft je andere post, bla, spin, en geruchten, niets nieuws, alleen 'stating the obvious'.

Edit: niets tegen jou persoonlijk, enkel tegen dit "nieuws" Nee, dat weet ik wel hoor!
En dit stukje uit The Times uit mijn eerdere post is toch wel vreemd: "The officers will concentrate on alleged inconsistencies in the timelines of events on May 3. None of the witnesses will be made arguidos (official suspects under Portuguese law) and detectives will not seize evidence or search homes. Madeleine's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, both doctors from Rothley, Leicestershire, have offered to be reinterviewed but will not be questioned. British officers will then begin interviews with more than two dozen other people who were at the Ocean Club resort in Praia Da Luz on May 3 last year or who were later connected to the case. "

Hoe weet The Times dat nou? Gespin van Mitchell. Net zoals dit artiklel uit de Daily Mail:
quote:
McCanns could return to Portugal for anniversary of missing daughter Madeleine Kate and Gerry McCann are poised for a dramatic return to Portugal to mark the first anniversary of their daughter Madeleine's disappearance. The couple are prepared to defy their lawyers and risk arrest in an attempt to revive the search for the four-year-old.

The McCanns, who deny any involvement in her disappearance, were named official suspects – or arguidos – by Portuguese police in September, prompting them to leave Praia da Luz, the resort where Madeleine disappeared, and return to their home in Rothley, Leicestershire.

On Monday, Portuguese detectives will fly into the UK to re-interview the friends – but not the McCanns – at police headquarters in Leicestershire. The outcome will determine whether the couple, both doctors, return to the Algarve.

The McCanns' spokesman Clarence Mitchell said today: 'Kate and Gerry are currently deciding whether to return to Portugal. It is being discussed 'Going to Portugal would send out the strongest possible message that Madeleine could still be alive and the search for her should continue. The family feel the focus should be on finding Madeleine.

'Next week's interviews will help in gauging the police attitude. In an ideal world they would not be arguidos and their lawyers have always warned them not to return while they have that status. But they want to be in Praia da Luz for the first anniversary,' he said.
No way! Gaan we zielig zoen zeker. Niemand in Praia da Luz, behalve wat Britse vriendjes aldaar, willen ze daar zien, bewoners zijn ze echt spuugzat. En bovendien moeten ze misschien wel terug maar dan niet vrijwillig, dit nav de uitkomst qua verhoren...ha!

Ik kan deze prent niet weerstaan...

Bron

pi_57813868
En aangezien er geen hot nieuws is, behalve het gebruikelijke geblaat van pinky boy Clarence Mitchell, een recensie van Joana Morais en wat snippers uit het onlangs verschenen boek van Paulo Pereira Cristóvão ‘The Star of Madeleine’ Het onderstaande leest gemakkelijk weg dus.... Het meeste heb ik in de loop van de tijd al gelezen. Het is natuurlijk geen waarheidsvinding, maar omdat hij Portugees is geef/gun ik hem het voordeel van de twijfel, met een terechte opsteker voor die luitjes aldaar die hebben gezocht, against all odds, en mogelijk, weliswaar in kleinere groep, nog steeds met de zaak bezig zijn.
quote:
The key to a Mystery

Paulo Pereira Cristóvão, who had already published ‘A Estrela de Joana’, a bestseller about the case of Joana Cipriano Guerreiro – an investigation in which Mr Cristóvão had been directly involved, as one of the Policia Judiciaria inspectors that helped break the case – recently published a book about the case of Madeleine McCann, titled ‘A Estrela de Madeleine’ or ‘The Star of Madeleine’.

This novel, where fact and fiction are deliberately intertwined, as the author states in the foreword, invites us to reflect upon the various possible theories behind the disappearance of Madeleine. It does reach a conclusion of some sort, while leaving an open door into other solutions. The exploration of several theories is done almost exhaustively, presenting arguments in favour and against several possibilities.

All of this thinking is carried out using the two main characters as ‘vehicles’. Francisco Meireles, a young PJ inspector, and his chief, João Tavares, are fictional characters that we follow through several months of an investigation that is yet to be concluded. The narrative begins on the evening of May 3, 2007, and ends at an undefined point in time, with both colleagues looking out into the deep blue ocean, in Praia da Luz. Throughout the novel, a few real-life persons enter the action – Gonçalo Amaral, Guilhermino Encarnação and Luis Neves, the Policia Judiciaria ‘triad’ that was at the core of the investigation until October, as well as the McCann couple.

For most of us, who have followed the twists and turns of this case attentively, the ‘Star of Madeleine’ does not add any new information. It uses some fictional solutions as a stand-in for what we perceive as the real developments of the investigation. It also becomes obvious that the author is not ready to completely discard Mr Murat from the case, suggesting that there was some prior form of acquaintance between him and the McCanns. This was one of the angles that I personally found most intriguing in the novel, although it is confirmed that absolutely no trace of the missing child’s presence was ever found in or around Casa Liliana.

What does stand out very clearly from this book, is that the author wanted to make a strong defense of the Policia Judiciaria, of its work, and of Portugal and the Portuguese people in general. The book is dedicated to the men and women that serve the PJ, oftentimes with great personal sacrifice, and Mr Cristovão does not hide his sorrow over the non-existent defense that the higher instances of the Policia Judiciaria, and of the Portuguese State made of their judicial police, when confronted with the humiliating and offensive remarks that were published by a significant part of the British press.

In my personal opinion, this is not a masterpiece of literary expertise, but then again, it was never supposed to be. While being an easy read, at little more than 150 pages that are managed on the fly, with a narrative that is fluent and rarely comes to a slow, the most interesting aspect is precisely the ability that the author has to convey the rationale, the train of thought that policemen follow to reach one or another conclusion.

Mr Cristóvão reinforces the notion that professional investigators do not fixate their eyes on one solution, but rather consider several options and work their way through them, eliminating one thread after another, until they remain with one or more lines of investigation that are credible. He states rather clearly that, in the case at hand, it was not the investigators that actively chose to consider the McCanns as suspects and then looked for the evidence to match the theory, but that the evidence pointed the investigators into that direction.

As a matter of fact, if there is some criticism directed at the PJ’s work in this case, it is precisely that the investigators were too slow to respond to their own instincts: that they set their usual way of working aside, to concentrate on one theory – the abduction theory – that was being imposed on them from the outside in. According to this book, there are no doubts left as to the fact that there was active interference from external agents, in this investigation.

After spending many weeks trying to pursue the abduction theory, hitting one dead end after another, there is a turning point in the investigation, with the appearance of Daniel Krugel, a South-African former investigator, followed by the intervention of British sniffer dogs Eddie and Keela. The rest, as it is usually said, is history.

The ‘Star of Madeleine’ is harsh on the McCann couple. While the author does not spend a lot of sentences on Kate and Gerry McCann, the few that are actually dedicated to them, are unsympathetic to say the least. Mrs McCann is portrayed as a cold, tough person, and Mr McCann is pictured as a man who chooses to protect his wife, his remaining children and his way of life, when he is confronted with the deadly result of a domestic accident, rather than taking what the author considers to be the appropriate action.

Towards the end of the book, there is a rather poignant ‘Thank you’ chapter dedicated to Madeleine. The author thanks her for bringing people together over a common cause, and for reminding us of so many other missing children that had slowly but surely slipped into oblivion for the general public.

This is a book that, if nothing else, is clearly written from the heart of a man who cares deeply about children, about his former colleagues at the Policia Judiciaria, and about his home country. It is obviously pro-Portugal, a fact that Mr Cristóvão never makes an effort to hide. It is also obviously pro-Madeleine. Whether it is anti-McCann, is another matter entirely – it is certainly against trying to manipulate public opinion, against trying to interfere with a criminal investigation, and against trying to derail the due course of justice.

Finally, João Tavares leaves his young colleague – and the reader – with a challenge. He mentions a key, a sequence of four numbers that would enable him to win the ‘game’ of Praia da Luz. If you can make anything of the numbers 5, 2, 3 and 1, then you, too, might crack the case of a lifetime.

………………………….

Some snippets from ‘The Star of Madeleine’:

[What the detectives observe when they arrive at Apartment 5A on the night that Madeleine disappeared:] The furniture is impeccably aligned against the walls, as if someone had tried to make as much room as possible, in the centre of the living room. In the bedroom, the bed where the child was sleeping is on the opposite side of the window. Under the window, there is another bed that had not been in use. Whomever entered through the window, would have left foot marks on the bed, which in that position resembled a trap. But that had not happened.

Throughout the entire scene, the twins slept undisturbed. They were eventually carried away into another apartment, and never woke up.

……….

In the meantime, the inspector had been at the Tapas Bar; he had been sitting at the table where the group had also been, and he had talked to the waiters. They had told him that the group usually drank significant amounts of alcohol. On the night that Madeleine disappeared, they had consumed twelve bottles of wine, and some appetizers.

The investigators have gathered informal statements, and they start to compare them. They soon realise that something is wrong. The couple's friends stated that they got up several times to check on the children, while the waiters from the Tapas bar say they did not get up that often at all. But even within the group of friends, there are contradictions.

Two English people, one of them Jane Tanner, say that they saw a man carrying a child that could be the missing infant. The description given by Jane is very vague and carries a factor of doubt, as Gerry and a friend whom he was talking to, standing on the same location as Jane when she passed, saw nobody. The friend confirmed this.

……….

On the last day of July, the intuition of the investigators and the results from Krugel find two powerful allies that confirmed the scenario that had begun to form: the death of Madeleine McCann, on the evening of May 3.

Eddie's handler opens the door to apartment 5A, and lets the dog in, to walk freely as usual. The dog sniffs around, followed by his handler, the policemen, experts from the scientific police, and a video technician, who registers the procedure on tape. At a given moment, in the living room, Eddie signals the presence of a cadaver to his handler. According to the laws of forensics, it's a cadaver that has been in that condition for at least two hours.

On the next day, it is Keela who is put into action. After several minutes sniffing around the house, she detains herself next to a sofa in the living room. The investigators move the sofa aside, and Keela shows them two tiny spots of dry blood: one on the floor, the other one on the wall. The material is collected, and a decision is made, against the opinion of Francisco, and João Tavares. The samples are sent into a lab in Birmingham.

On the next day, early in the morning, Eddie is called back to service, to investigate the surroundings of the apartment. The dog stops here and there, marking a path that is referenced by apartment 5A and the beach of Luz. Without knowing, Eddie has just confirmed Krugel's findings.

……….

These two canines, without knowing it, were at the core of a volcano, when in three separate moments, they "accused" Madeleine's parents of, at least, not saying the whole truth about what happened to their daughter.

First, when they were given plenty of time and space to sniff through Robert Murat's house and all of his belongings, and did not discover anything that could minimally incriminate him.

Second, when they detected the odour of death on the key of the car that they used, which was rented more than twenty days after the little girl went missing. In the same car where they found traces of blood and hair under the spare tire.

Third, when, already in the new house where the couple was staying, Eddie once again smelled the characteristic odour of death on a pair of jeans and on a blouse that belong to Kate. The soft toy that the mother carried with her every time they went out, also presented a smell of death that was detected by the same dog. What the heck do we have here, then? - he thought, intrigued. - Did the parents stage this entire circus to hide the truth?

……….

Francisco continues:

- We went to dinner that evening, leaving our children who had been asleep since 7.30. An hour later, we were sitting at the table, with our friends who had equally left their children asleep in their bedrooms. We left the door unlocked, in case there might be an emergency. At some point, shortly after 9 p.m., the father went to the apartment and did not see his daughter where she had been sleeping, but he thought that she might be in the parents’ bedroom. He did not check if that was the case. Their friend Russell also went to check on his children, but he returned only an hour later, at the time when Kate, the mother, went into apartment 5A and did not find her daughter. Hence the despair… The child had been abducted by some stranger who had entered the bedroom and had taken her. This is it, chief!

João Tavares replies:

- Let’s see: according to the neighbour upstairs, mother and daughter had been yelling at each other. It seems that the child was hyperactive. The parents, despite the fact that they are doctors with three small children, did not bring any medication, not even a single tablet for a headache… or at least we didn’t see any. There were babysitters on offer for free, but they were dismissed that evening, for whatever reason. Among the group of friends, there are checks to suit every taste, according to their statements: every 15 minutes, every half hour, etc. Some only check on their own, others check on all the children, others only listen at the door… In the case of the twins, they didn’t even need to bother, they simply could not wake up, even in the midst of the turmoil that was generated that night. The caring mother told the neighbour upstairs that the police had been called when the alarm was raised, but she was lying. The first people that called the GNR were the employees of the Ocean Club. The same neighbour said she never saw the mother in a panic, which would be normal for a mother under the circumstances… As far as I know, nobody ever said that the lady was lying! The father, who was a lot more worried about gathering support in England, made one phone call after another, which were more political than anything else. And why was the child’s father wandering around, in the early hours of the morning, asking for the way to the church, when he had passed it so many times, on the way to the beach? And why did the English friends immediately send out the marketing and public relations heavyweight experts? Hum? And… if there were that many checks, when was the break that allowed the abductor to enter the apartment? And then there is the mother, saying that someone entered through the children’s bedroom windows, but the GNR people said that the shutters had never been forced… And then there are the doggies, that never missed a case over 200 times, and now supposedly have got it all wrong?

……….

You know, Madeleine, many of those people who work as policemen, did everything they could to solve the mystery of your disappearance, and to bring you back to the coziness of your bed. Then they continued, never stopping, to do everything they could to clarify what had happened to you. Hundreds of men and women dedicated themselves to trying to understand what had been your destiny. They never looked at their meager salaries or at their non-existent overtime payments. They gave up time with their families and with their “Madeleines” to search for you, to try to understand what might have happened to you.

If you’d ask them today if they would do it all over again, whether there was a microscopic chance of returning you into your bed or not, I assure you that all of them would respond to the calling again, and get back to work. Come rain or sunshine, against whomever they might have to go, they would do it all over again.

Just for the fact that you are a child, innocent, small and helpless, they would go into all the deserts of Morocco to search for you. They would lift the world’s carpet to see if you where underneath it.

These people are not always perfect in everything they do, but I can guarantee you one thing: they are committed, they are stubborn, and they also don’t like losing one bit, especially when children like you are at stake. That is when they dedicate themselves even more to the services that other men assign them to. Not only because of the justice of men, but essentially because of the justice that your name deserves. They did everything they could so you could laugh at the end. So you were not gone in vain. You certainly aren’t.
De clou weet ik nog niet echt:
quote:
Finally, João Tavares leaves his young colleague – and the reader – with a challenge. He mentions a key, a sequence of four numbers that would enable him to win the ‘game’ of Praia da Luz. If you can make anything of the numbers 5, 2, 3 and 1, then you, too, might crack the case of a lifetime.
Ik ben daar geen held in, zal wel iets te maken hebben tussen de McCanns en die Tapas-vrienden. In dit topic op het 3arguidoforum gaat men nog even door op de mogelijke betrokkenheid van Murat én z'n moeder, ook beschreven in het boek. Oeps...

En wat staat er o.a. op de agenda van het Europees Parlement, The Week Ahead – 7-13 April 2008 (van een poster op het 3arguidoforum) "Missing child hotline. A meeting to consider prospects for a Europe-wide alert system for missing or abducted children will hear from Gerry and Kate McCann, whose daughter Madeleine has been missing since May 2007 (Thursday)." (Amber Alert dus)

vrijdag 4 april 2008 @ 13:24:47 #22
145755 kahaarin
pi_57827837
quote:
Op donderdag 3 april 2008 18:09 schreef Suko het volgende:

En dit stukje uit The Times uit mijn eerdere post is toch wel vreemd: "The officers will concentrate on alleged inconsistencies in the timelines of events on May 3. None of the witnesses will be made arguidos (official suspects under Portuguese law) and detectives will not seize evidence or search homes. Madeleine's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, both doctors from Rothley, Leicestershire, have offered to be reinterviewed but will not be questioned. British officers will then begin interviews with more than two dozen other people who were at the Ocean Club resort in Praia Da Luz on May 3 last year or who were later connected to the case. "

Hoe weet The Times dat nou? Gespin van Mitchell. Net zoals dit artiklel uit de Daily Mail:
In het kader van als we maar hard genoeg roepen dan luisteren ze vast wel, ontkennen tot in de kist.
quote:
No way! Gaan we zielig zoen zeker. Niemand in Praia da Luz, behalve wat Britse vriendjes aldaar, willen ze daar zien, bewoners zijn ze echt spuugzat. En bovendien moeten ze misschien wel terug maar dan niet vrijwillig, dit nav de uitkomst qua verhoren...ha!
Precies!
quote:
Ik kan deze prent niet weerstaan...
quote:
MADDYWATCH - Anorak’s at-a-glance guide to press coverage of Madeleine McCann

THE SUN: “McCanns risk arrest over visit”

KATE and Gerry McCann may risk arrest by returning to Portugal for the one-year anniversary of their daughter’s disappearance.

The couple are prepared to take the chance in a last ditch attempt to revive interest in four-year-old Maddie, missing since May 3.

Any facts?

The doctors, both 39, left the Praia da Luz resort last September – 48 hours after being made official suspects over the mystery.

Gerry and Kate McCann are Doctors. Such are the facts.

Says the McCanns’ spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: “They want to be there for the first anniversary. Going out there would send the strongest possible message that Madeleine could still be alive and the search for her should continue.”

SYDNEY MORNING HERALD: “Turning the tabloids”

Ben Affleck is Gone Baby Gone:

Almost as troublesome was the story’s unforeseen and unintended resemblance to a real-life case of child kidnapping that hit the headlines in the months it was being filmed. That was the disappearance in Portugal last year of British girl Madeleine McCann, who was of a similar age and appearance to the film’s kidnapping victim and had a name eerily similar to the character in the Lehane novel, Amanda McCready.

McCready has disappeared amid the squalor of her south Boston neighbourhood. The police are out in formation, as are the television news vans, antennas raised high, all but trembling for blood.
Rondje anorak is het met je eens btw.

http://www.anorak.co.uk/madeleine-mccann/182716.html
be nice or go away
pi_57832857
Wat een arrogantie toch hé van die McCanns, verschrikkelijk, maar dat ze in het Europees Parlement, zie eerdere post onderaan, het nieuw op te zetten Europees alert-systeem persoonlijk mogen komen toelichten als nog steeds formeel verdachten vind ik onbegrijpelijk...

In de Daily Mail wordt melding gemaakt van een nog leeg Praia da Luz, dan kan al gauw volgens mij, het is nog vroeg in 't seizoen maar het is stiller als gebruikelijk. Dit stukje is toch een duidelijke (van The Ocean Club) sneer naar de McCanns: "Holidaymakers staying at the Ocean Club now receive three separate printed sheets warning about security and safety. One headed: 'Security and Safety Alert' states: 'Please may we repeat to all parents that children under the age of 12 must be accompanied and supervised at all times.' Another states: 'We ask guests for their own security to always close windows (or security shutters) whenever they leave their accommodation, even if it is only for a few minutes.'

Eén tourcompany is wel optimistisch: "'The tour operators tell me they have been selling very well in the Algarve. What happened last year is not an issue. 'When people go to New York, they visit the site of the Twin Towers. Now people come here to visit where Madeleine went missing. It is morbid tourism.' Eerder zie iemand: "the "Maddy effect".

------------------------------------------

En verder geeft Clarence Mitchell commentaar op het stil gehouden tripje van de MacCanns van onlangs naar Washington: ""When Kate and Gerry went to see officials in Washington, we saw the national Amber co-ordinator who said there was no reason it couldn't happen in Europe, if the political will was there. "In principle, such a system would mean that if a child went missing in Portugal, every other country would know about it. "In our case, the Spanish border was not informed for 12 hours, which was totally unacceptable." Leicester Mercury
Ach ja, als ouders hun kids bewust alleen laten helpt er echt geen wet tegen! (ook niet als ze hun kind zelf 'vermist' hebben gemaakt...)

--------------------------------------------------

Nog even over die ontmoeting met het Europees Parlement. sosmaddie.dhblogs.be
quote:
Miliband brings McCann to the European Parliament
Kate and Gerry McCann, arguidos in the investigation with the disappearance of their Madeleine daughter, will be next Thursday in the European Parliament in Brussels, or they will take part in a meeting in connection with the creation of a European alarm system to announce the disappearance of children.

According to a source within the permanent representation of the United Kingdom at the European Parliament, it is the cabinet of David Miliband, Foreign Minister, whom the participation of McCann would have intervened in order to allow

In spite of the importance of the subject, several members of Parliament already expressed their surprise with the participation of the couple, considering their statute of suspects in an investigation which is always in hand vis-a-vis the justice of one of the Member States.

The meeting coincides with the adjournment of a declaration written in connection with the European co-operation in the searchs for missing children. At the origin of the meeting have finds the British Glenys Kinnock, Edouard McMillan-Scott, Struan Stevenson and Diana Wallis. After the meeting, Gerry and Kate McCann, give a press conference with several British members of Parliament.
(Oveirgens vind ik het jammer dat dit topic met nieuws en de verdere ontwikkelingen wat betreft Madeleine McCann verplaatst is naar de sectie Misdaad, wereldwijd is het nog steeds veelal voorpagina-nieuws, hier verstopt in een sectie die het nieuws niet laat zien...)

pi_57836811
Ik las net een commentaar van Paulo Reis (iets wat ik mij zelf ook al eerder afvroeg) op het aritikel in de The Times: “None of the witnesses” to be questioned by British Police in the presence of Portuguese detectives “will be made arguidos (official suspects under Portuguese law)”, according to The Times. Says who? – I asked myself. Because I thought that this kind of decisions, in a case that is classified as a crime, occurred in Portugal (a sovereign country) and has a Portuguese police investigation pending, belongs to Portuguese legal authorities. But there is another point. How is it possible to give this kind of assurances, before the questioning? How is it possible to guarantee that a suspect will not be charged, even before he is submitted to a police interrogation? How is it possible to know the lottery numbers before the draw?"

En Blogster Joana Morais (die ik ook regelmatig citeer) reageerde op zijn site: "You're absolutely right, Paulo. Why would the Portuguese Police request mutual legal assistance to the British authorities if no more arguidos/suspects are to be constituted? For all we know there could be even a request for extradition. Why did the McCanns choose this exact timing to go to Brussels? Is Clarence Mitchell, who is going to be questioned along with the 'Tapas Friends' and the former McCann's spokesperson, going to miss this visit to the European Parliament? Have the Portuguese MEP's forgotten MEP Roger Knapmann, Piers Merchant, which accused Portugal of being a corrupted State? And now MEP Edward McMillan-Scott is backing the McCanns who are formal suspects and broke the Law (Article 138º of the Portuguese Penal code) in a child alert system? The hypocrisy of this couple, the lack of morals of this wanna be celebrities/ambassadors of missing children, and the constant cover up in the Uk press makes me want to puke!"

Ik begin mij werkelijk toch af te vragen of alles al niet is bekokstoofd. Hoe kan The Times dát nou schrijven, (None of the witnesses will be made arguidos (official suspects under Portuguese law) and detectives will not seize evidence or search homes) is dat wetenschap? Meestal bij een gevalletje spin staat er 'could' dus het zou kunnen maar hier wordt het als feit beschreven. En waarom gaan de McCanns volgende week naar het EP in Brussel, net als de verhoren aan de gang zijn? Een tijd geleden al riep er iemand van de PJ dat het publiek zich moest voorbereiden, maar voor wat werd toen niet duidelijk. Zou zomaar kunnen dat de McCanns er mee wegkomen en dat we idd maar aan dat idee moeten wennen. Op het 3arguidoforum roepen ze op je eigen MP te vinden in het EP, aanschrijven en zo, dat gaat mij te ver, vooral omdat een aantal MP's hun zorg/verrassing al hebben uitgesproken.

> The REAL Madeleine McCann Story < filmpje + Reminder: Blood clue puts McCann parents in crosshairs.
  zaterdag 5 april 2008 @ 11:36:29 #25
145755 kahaarin
pi_57846543
quote:
Op vrijdag 4 april 2008 20:58 schreef Suko het volgende:

Ik begin mij werkelijk toch af te vragen of alles al niet is bekokstoofd. Hoe kan The Times dát nou schrijven, (None of the witnesses will be made arguidos (official suspects under Portuguese law) and detectives will not seize evidence or search homes) is dat wetenschap? Meestal bij een gevalletje spin staat er 'could' dus het zou kunnen maar hier wordt het als feit beschreven. En waarom gaan de McCanns volgende week naar het EP in Brussel, net als de verhoren aan de gang zijn? Een tijd geleden al riep er iemand van de PJ dat het publiek zich moest voorbereiden, maar voor wat werd toen niet duidelijk. Zou zomaar kunnen dat de McCanns er mee wegkomen en dat we idd maar aan dat idee moeten wennen. Op het 3arguidoforum roepen ze op je eigen MP te vinden in het EP, aanschrijven en zo, dat gaat mij te ver, vooral omdat een aantal MP's hun zorg/verrassing al hebben uitgesproken.

> The REAL Madeleine McCann Story < filmpje + Reminder: Blood clue puts McCann parents in crosshairs.
Dit kan imho 2 kanten op gaan, of ze hebben zich zo ingegraven dat de zaak openblijft en ze arguido af zijn binnenkort of ze hebben juist door al dat gespin in het nieuws er voor gezorgd dat ze dat nooit kunnen maken en ze zijn inderdaad de komende 20 jaar arguido.

Hoe dan ook, er is blijkbaar geen sluitend bewijs voor de schuld/onschuld van de ouders, de bewijzen in dat app zijn grondig om zeep geholpen door die kudde 'helpers' die door de kamer is gebanjerd, de pers is monddood gemaakt, de PJ zo tegengewerkt dat het me verbaasd dat er nog actie ondernomen wordt, volgens mij is de enige oplossing het vinden van, waarschijnlijk, het lijkje van Maddy. Dan weten ze iig wat haar is overkomen en kunnen ze vandaaruit verder rechercheren.
be nice or go away
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')