abonnement Unibet Coolblue
  woensdag 1 september 2004 @ 10:36:48 #26
82154 P0RN0STAR
Fluffers gezocht...
pi_21679102
Voor de Spurs een opvallend rustige "deadline-day" één toekomstige aankoop wer er bekend gemaakt:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/september/englishnews9010904.html
quote:
Tottenham bring forward Swiss kid deal
tribalfootball.com - September 1, 2004

Tottenham have swooped for Grasshoppers Zurich teenager Reto Ziegler.
They had agreed the deal for the 18-year-old would take place in January.

But the Switzerland Under-21 midfielder was allowed to move before the closure of last night's transfer window.
De spelers zijn nu gekocht door Frank Arnesen, nu is het de taak van Jaques Santini en Martin Jol om er een team van te maken!
Waarom heeft Noach die twee kakkerlakken niet doodgetrapt???
pi_21679126
Ze zijn tot nu toe aardig bezig
I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away.
  donderdag 2 september 2004 @ 09:02:48 #28
82154 P0RN0STAR
Fluffers gezocht...
pi_21700717
Nog wat nieuws over de mooiste club van Engeland:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/september/engnews3020904.html
quote:
Tottenham chief: We will try to bring in English players
By Ian Ferris - September 2, 2004

Tottenham's Director of Football Frank Arnesen has assured fans that he will continue to pursue English players whenever possible.

No other Premiership club has seen as much transfer activity as White Hart Lane this summer, with 14 signings by the new boss.

"This is an English club and in the dressing room we have to keep up the culture if it's possible, so if we can get the England players that we want, we go for them," said Arnesen. "On the other side, I would never not take a foreign player if we think he's good and he can bring us that level higher.

"We are not signing names because they are big names, you sign them if they suit Tottenham. If they are big names, it is a plus, but first of all we go for players who can take us to a higher level."
http://www.tribalfootball.com/september/englnews9020904.html
quote:
Tottenham's Carrick scores against West Ham
tribalfootball.com - September 2, 2004

New Tottenham signing Michael Carrick says he'll be fit for the club's next match against Norwich.
Carrick netted his first goal against his former club West Ham during a 2-0 reserve win on Tuesday - a week after leaving Upton Park for £3million.

Despite lacking match fitness, the England midfielder played 90 minutes and impressed head coach Jacques Santini.

Now Carrick, 23, is relishing the prospect of playing in the televised clash at White Hart Lane.

He said: "I'm fit and have been training for about nine weeks now. All I need is games."
Zondag 12 september staat de eerstvolgende wedstrijd op het programma, thuis tegen promovendus Norwich City, opnieuw drie punten zou een geweldige start van het seizoen betekenen...
  donderdag 2 september 2004 @ 09:17:24 #29
82154 P0RN0STAR
Fluffers gezocht...
pi_21700832
Frank Arnesen spreekt op de site van THFC (http://www.spurs.co.uk) zijn tevredenheid uit over afgelopen zomer:
quote:
Window closes on super summer
1 Sep 2004 14:57

Frank Arnesen has declared himself delighted with our summer transfer activity - but insisted it's just the start of the Spurs revolution.

Our Sporting Director has overseen 13 arrivals and Head Coach Jacques Santini in his first two months at the club.

Throw goalkeepers Paul Robinson and Marton Fulop into the mix - they arrived in May - and we've made a total of 15 new signings since the end of last season.

Seven of those new recruits have already made their debuts in a fine start to the Premiership season - unbeaten and fourth after four games.

With the transfer window officially closed, Frank finally had time to reflect on our dealings so far.

"First of all, I wasn't the only arrival on the management side, Jacques, Martin Jol and Dominique Cuperly were all new as well," said Frank. "We all knew that we had let a lot of players go and that we needed players.

"It was a big challenge for us from the beginning and I'm delighted with what we have done up to now.

"I think we have signed good players with a lot of skill, talented young players and there is a lot of ambition in the squad.

"It is just the start. Once you have the players in they have to adapt to the new style of coaching and being Tottenham players.

"Then it's about building a team. At the moment we have 11 individual players and they have to get used to being Tottenham players and the way we like to play football. That is the next step and what we are doing every day, whether we are winning or losing. That's how you learn players' strengths and weaknesses.

"A big part is already done and that's getting the players in.

"It's been very busy but I knew that would be the case. I knew it would be like that until transfer deadline day and now I can concentrate more on Tottenham, the club, not just players in and out. It has been a lot of work but at the same time, it's been fantastic."

Here is Frank's rundown of our arrivals this summer:

Noureddine Naybet: "He's not just a very experienced player at the highest level but also a very good player. He's one who will not just take the role as a player but also as a mentor and that's what we want him to do. So far, so good."

Sean Davis: "Sean was the first signing for me and he's already proved his
importance to the team. Strong, technically an all-round player who has high ambitions and I expect that not just to be with Tottenham but with the English
national team as well."

Pedro Mendes: "A player who came in as a champion from FC Porto after winning the Champions League last season. He knows how it is to win and that's important in any squad, players who have won something and have a lot of ambitions to
win more."

Erik Edman: "Erik has proved himself over the last couple of years playing at Heerenveen where I knew him very well. He's a consistent international from Sweden and a left-footed player. A good man for the squad."

Eddie Silva Sousa: "Eddie's a different story. He's a young striker and he has to look to the future, to prove himself, get into the squad and be part of Tottenham's future."

Thimothee Atouba: "A player who we know has already had good experience playing in Europe after playing in Switzerland for five years. He has played Champions League, internationals for Cameroon and is still only 22. Very strong, fit and that combined with his skill makes him suitable for English football."

Michael Carrick: "When we have the chance to make the squad better we have to
do it and when it's an English or British player even better because they know the game. I'm sure we'll be very happy with Michael. With him here we are stepping up a little."

Noe Pamarot: "He was a special signing because we needed a tough, strong, quick right-back who could defend. That's what we want to see from him."

Rodrigo Defendi: "Once again, he covers two parts where we are going - the
team now and also the future. A very skilful player but he has to prove himself."

Leigh Mills: "The same story as Defendi. He's a stopper with character and
leadership. He plays in the England Under-16 national team and is a very promising player. If he goes step by step he will develop and we want to see
him as soon as possible in the first team squad."

Calum Davenport: "Calum falls in-between in that he's a young player, an England
Under-21 international but already with a lot of experience in the First Division. It's two paths, one for the first team, one for the future and he is in-between both. It's our aim to get him into the first team as soon as possible."

Reto Ziegler: "Reto is a very young player who has played at the highest level
in Switzerland and has been in the Grassshoppers first team despite being only 18 years old. He is a left-back with the capacity to play in midfield. He holds a lot of promise."

Spase Dilevski: "We're delighted to sign him. Spase is a midfielder who has already played international football for Australia's youth teams. He also was the youngest member of the Australia squad at the Olympics. A player who will start in our reserves and we'll be looking for him to step up from there."

Paul Robinson (signed in May): "One of the biggest goalkeeping talents I've seen and already proved that he's a big player for Tottenham."

Marton Fulop (signed in May): "We need goalkeepers and I'm delighted we have
Paul Robinson and the experience of Kasey Keller but after them someone like Marton, a Hungary Under-21 international who is progressing well."
  maandag 6 september 2004 @ 15:17:35 #30
82154 P0RN0STAR
Fluffers gezocht...
pi_21785897
http://www.tribalfootball.com/september/englshnews6060904.html
quote:
Palace rejected Spurs bid for Routledge
tribalfootball.com - September 6, 2004

Tottenham failed with a deadline day bid for Crystal Palace winger Wayne Routledge.
The England U21 ace is rated alongside Manchester United's Wayne Rooney as England's most talented youngster.

The People says Spurs had a £2 million offer turned down flat by Palace last Tuesday.
http://www.tribalfootball.com/september/englisnews9030904.html
quote:
Coventry furious with Spurs over Davenport
tribalfootball.com - September 3, 2004

Coventry City are furious with Tottenham over reports that new signing Calum Davenport could immediately leave the club on-loan.
"Once they have bought him he is their player," said McGinnity. "We certainly won't be happy if Calum goes out on loan somewhere else.

"If this is correct then I find it absolutely diabolical. We asked Tottenham to let us have him back on loan ourselves until the end of the season and they said 'No'."
  maandag 13 september 2004 @ 10:07:44 #31
82154 P0RN0STAR
Fluffers gezocht...
pi_21918537
Redelijk teleurstellende 0-0 in de thuiswedstrijd tegen promovendus Norwich City, eigenlijk had de goede lijn doorgezet moeten worden, door opnieuw drie punten toe te voegen. Tóch zijn de Spurs nog ongeslagen, het verslag van Spurs.co.uk:

http://www.spurs.co.uk/article.asp?hlid=225220
quote:
Match report Spurs 0-0 Norwich City 12 Sep 2004 16:01

Jermain Defoe knocked and knocked again but couldn't find a way past Norwich City's determined defence - not least the outstanding Robert Green.

The Canaries and England's current number three goalkeeper pulled out all the stops in this entertaining goalless draw.

But it was only one-way traffic in the first half. Darren Huckerby came to the party in the second half and caused us a few problems - forcing Paul Robinson into a couple of saves and Ledley King into the defensive play of the season so far.

All eyes were on our England trio, particularly Defoe, and it seemed only a matter of time before the livewire striker delivered.

He hit the base of the post from 25 yards in the 17th minute and just a few minutes later watched in amazement as Youssef Safri cleared his volley off the line.

In-between those chances, Adam Drury somehow prevented Fredi Kanoute from getting a clean shot at goal from Defoe's pass and 10 minutes later, Jamie Redknapp poked agonisingly wide from Thimothee Atouba's flick.

Norwich were barely in it as an attacking force apart from a header from the returning Gary Doherty that Robinson saved comfortably.

We continued on the front foot at the start of the second half before Huckerby started to find his feet.

The warning signs were there with a dribble in the 57th minute and five minutes later he latched onto a clearance from our corner, stepped on the gas and eventually forced a fine save from Robinson, out quickly and bravely to block.

A minute later, as the game opened up, Defoe was back in the action, taking a pass from Atouba before letting fly from 25 yards - Green was there to tip over.

Green's best save was reserved for Atouba. Simon Davies, back in the action as substitute for Michael Brown, worked his way to the byline and the Cameroon international met his deep cross on the volley only for Green to plant a hand on the ball by the foot of his post and see the ball stick.

Robinson beat away another Huckerby effort before the moment of the match as Huckerby raced onto Safri's pass, toed the ball past Robinson and had an empty goal to tap into - enter King, who made up a couple of yards to block the goalbound effort.

Green saved well from Robbie Keane as we threw everything forward but, on this occasion, it wasn't to be.
  woensdag 15 september 2004 @ 10:09:53 #32
82154 P0RN0STAR
Fluffers gezocht...
pi_21963594
Opnieuw tegenvaller voor nieuwe aankoop Michael Carrick:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/september/englnews9150904.html
quote:
New setback for Tottenham's Carrick
tribalfootball.com - September 15, 2004

Tottenham midfielder Michael Carrick has suffered a fresh injury setback.
Carrick, 23, completed a £3million move from West Ham only two weeks ago, and was hoping to make his bow against Norwich last Sunday.

But the midfielder picked up a knee injury in training and then twisted his ankle over the weekend in another session.

Physio Geoff Brown said: "Michael has been a bit unfortunate.

"He got back into training and unfortunately rolled his ankle, sustained a sprain and will be out for a period of time."
Jermaine Defoe ziet toekomst in de Spurs:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/september/englinews4140904.html
quote:
Defoe: I can handle Spurs expectation
tribalfootball.com - September 14, 2004

Tottenham star Jermain Defoe accepts that more is expected from him this season.

"I think I have grown as a player and it helps when you are playing with good players as well," said Defoe, who was denied by a post and a goal-line clearance in Sunday's goalless draw with Norwich at home.

"I was here for the second half of last season and in that time all you want to do is play well, get to know everyone and get the crowd on your side. It's been a good start for me and I'm really enjoying my football at the moment. All I can do is look forward to the next game and score as many goals as I can.

"As a forward there is nothing better than scoring goals and at the minute it is going well for me. When you are out there and doing it it's all very instinctive."
Mauricio Taricco in verband gebracht met stadsgenoot West Ham Utd:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/september/englisnews5140904.html
quote:
West Ham linked with Tottenham's Taricco
tribalfootball.com - September 14, 2004

West Ham have been linked with Tottenham wing-back Mauricio Taricco.
The Argentine has dropped off the first team map at Spurs this season and Hammers boss Alan Pardew has admitted he is still keen to strengthen.

"I feel more comfortable as West Ham manager now than ever before," he said.

"We've made some very useful additions to the squad in the past couple of weeks and there could still be one more signing."
Jamie Redknapp wil vechten voor zijn kans bij de Spurs:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/september/englsnews1130904.html
quote:
Redknapp will stay and fight for Spurs place
tribalfootball.com - September 13, 2004

Jamie Redknapp insists he doesn't intend to quit Tottenham.

The midfielder returned to the Spurs line-up in yesterday's 0-0 draw with Norwich and said before the game: "There's good competition at the club. It's what you need and you always want good players.

"I think the team is doing well. We've had a great start and we've just got to keep it going now.

"Personally I am pleased with my start. I've been involved in the first four games but I've still got to be a bit careful if I play every game.

"I can't afford to think I'm 21 again so I think the manager was very sensible with me, and we had a chat about it before the Birmingham game."
Oud-speler Stephane Dalmat laat zich negatief uit over zijn Londonse periode:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/september/englsnews8130904.html
quote:
Dalmat accuses Tottenham players of bullying

French midfielder Stephane Dalmat has blasted his former Tottenham teammates.
Dalmat, who played for Spurs last season on-loan from Inter Milan, told the News of the World that the London club's English players made his life unbearable and insulted him.

The midfielder left Inter over the summer and is currently in his native France with Toulouse.
Chelseas' Glen Johnson in verband gebracht met de Spurs, na Kanouté, Carrick en Defoe wéér een Hammer naar de Spurs??? Who's next??? Joe Cole???

http://www.tribalfootball.com/september/englshnews6130904.html
quote:
Tottenham eye Chelsea fullback Johnson

Tottenham boss Jacques Santini is considering a move for Chelsea fullback Glen Johnson.
The People says Spurs plan to approach their London rivals in January to sign the England international on-loan to the end of the season.

Johnson has been frozen out at Stamford Bridge since the arrival of Portugal international right-back Paulo Ferreira.
Opnieuw Engels talent in verband gebracht met overgang naar de Spurs:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/september/englhnews1130904.html
quote:
Tottenham to try again for Palace's Routledge

Tottenham will make a bid in January for Crystal Palace winger Wayne Routledge.
Palace boss Iain Dowie confirmed last week that Spurs failed with a deadline day offer for Routledge a fortnight ago.

The Sunday Mirror says Spurs will try again over the New Year with a £2 million and are confident of landing the youngster if he continues to baulk at signing a new contract.
Pedro Mendes spreekt mooie woorden over de Spurs:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/september/englinews120904.html
quote:
Mendes insists Tottenham isn't a step down
tribalfootball.com - September 12, 2004

Pedro Mendes insists he did not take a step down to join Tottenham from European champions Porto.

"I don't think it is climbing down," he told the Independent. "It's a step above. I was playing in the Portuguese championship and now I'm playing Premier League.

"I'm pleased to be here. But I sincerely hope that Tottenham can get into the Uefa Cup in the near future. That's why I'm here, to help to get one of those places."

Mendes also insists he will win a place back in the Portugal squad.

"I was at Vitoria Guimares and I was an international," states the midfielder, who has two caps. "I moved to Porto and won the Champions' League, I was a champion, but I didn't play any internationals.

"I'm here now and I know that the chances are going to come again."
  vrijdag 17 september 2004 @ 19:26:54 #33
89728 Plastic_Power
Vegetable rights & peace
pi_22023415
Zondag tegen Chelsea. Wordt uiteraard een lastige pot, maar ik koester een stiekeme hoop dat we minstens een gelijkspel uit het vuur gaan slepen...
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
  zondag 19 september 2004 @ 22:50:05 #34
89728 Plastic_Power
Vegetable rights & peace
pi_22069209
0-0, keurig resultaat. De verdediging staat echt behoorlijk goed!
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
pi_22075272
Wat een zeikerd is die Mourinho zeg. Blaten over dat Spurs alleen maar verdedigde.
Jammer dat Keane die grote kans er niet in kreeg
House is a feeling. And if you don't feel it, it can't be house
Nu ook Zuid Afrika
  maandag 20 september 2004 @ 09:08:14 #36
82154 P0RN0STAR
Fluffers gezocht...
pi_22075473
quote:
Op zondag 19 september 2004 22:50 schreef Plastic_Power het volgende:
quote:
Op maandag 20 september 2004 08:42 schreef ChAoZ het volgende:
Wat een zeikerd is die Mourinho zeg. Blaten over dat Spurs alleen maar verdedigde.
Toen Santini kwam en zijn verwachtingen bekend maakte, zei hij nog dat de aanval al op sterkte was en hij van achter uit wilde gaan bouwen aan een goede organisatie. Met slechts twee tegendoelpunten in de eerste zes wedstrijden en een vijfde plaats, kan men verder bouwen...
pi_22076323
quote:
Op zondag 19 september 2004 22:50 schreef Plastic_Power het volgende:
Yep, alleen maar 4 goals gemaakt. Als dat nog verbeterd kan worden, doe je mee voor Europa.
  maandag 20 september 2004 @ 10:48:53 #38
82154 P0RN0STAR
Fluffers gezocht...
pi_22076587
Jermaine Defoe spreekt zijn vertrouwen uit in de toekomst van de Spurs, onder de nieuwe coach Jacques Santini:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/september/englnews9200904.html
quote:
Defoe praise for Spurs coach Santini
tribalfootball.com - September 20, 2004

Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe is ready to challenge England's top strikers for a regular start in Sven Goran Eriksson's team.

''My confidence is very high right now and I am more ambitious than ever,'' Defoe told the News of the World. ''The way I am thinking is that I want to play in every game for my club and country.

''I know that means getting in the England team ahead of Michael (Owen) and Wayne (Rooney) and that is a big challenge.

''They are both world class and it is going to be difficult to earn a place but that is the aim.

''That is the target and standard I have set myself.''

On Spurs coach Jacques Santini, Defoe added: ''He is very organised and every player knows what he has to do.

''We operate very well as a unit. But, at the same time, he encourages individuals.

''Before a game he will put his arm around me and tell me to be disciplined but, in the final third of the field, he tells me to express myself.''
Chelsea-coach Jose Mourinho toont zich een slecht verliezer:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/september/englishnews2200904.html
quote:
Chelsea boss Mourinho blasts defensive Spurs
tribalfootball.com - September 20, 2004

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho blasted Tottenham's tactics after yesterday's 0-0 bore draw.

Mourinho accused Tottenham of negative tactics and time-wasting, barking: "It was a frustrating afternoon - frustrating for me, my players and for any real football supporter.

"People don't pay money to see one team play and the other team defend, just kick balls away and fall down and get the medical staff on and take five minutes to change a player.

"They didn't play football, they just defended, defended, defended, We played fantastic moments of attacking football and the result is not fair for the football we played.

"Mentally, it's very difficult to play against a team that plays like this as they don't want to play and we do. In the second half, there was only 25 minutes' play out of 45 minutes.

"I finished with four players up. Normally, that would have been impossible if there had been two teams trying to win the game.

"But if I could have put more players up, I would have done. Maybe next time on the bench, instead of William Gallas and Alexei Smertin, I can have Adrian Mutu and Arjen Robben, when he's fit.

"I don't need defenders!"

"Sometimes when you're the coach of a big team, you have to understand how a small team plays, coming to a stadium just for that. But I'm surprised to see it in the Premiership," added Mourinho.

"If I'm a supporter and pay money to come here, I don't come. But as I'm a manager, I have to work with my team to try and get past this kind of team.

"We had five minutes of injury time, but it should have been 15 minutes if you had stopped your watch every time they fell over or their medical staff came on.

"Thimothee Atouba took five minutes just to walk off. The referee should have protected against this, but he only gave it five minutes - not five seconds more.

"In the last 15 minutes, they were just kicking the ball away. They stopped playing completely and, every time the ball came back, there was wave after wave of our attacks."
Ook lovende woorden van het Chelsea-kamp:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/september/englinews5190904.html
quote:
Chelsea boss: Arnesen right man for Tottenham
tribalfootball.com - September 19, 2004

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has praised Tottenham technical chief Frank Arnesen and his signing of former Porto midfielder Pedro Mendes.

"Pedro plays in Claude Makelele's position, plus we have Smertin and Scott Parker, so I didn't really need to sign him," said Mourinho.

"But he's a technically fantastic player, a good signing for them, and now he's playing against me instead of for me."

He added, "Sometimes people just buy players without knowing what they are buying but Frank Arnesen doesn't make many mistakes.

"He knows what he wants and the profile of players he is looking for. I bought Pedro on the cheap and within a year he was European champion."
Frank Arnesen lijkt erg invloedrijk bij de Spurs:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/september/englisnews1190904.html
quote:
Spurs chief Arnesen: I chose Santini
tribalfootball.com - September 19, 2004

Tottenham technical chief Frank Arnesen says he chose Jacques Santini to coach the club this season.
Its been suggested the relationship between the pair is strained, but Arnesen told the Evening Standard: "Jacques was my choice as manager.

"I didn't know him and he didn't know me but the chairman Daniel Levy and I thought he was the right choice. It's important that I have good communication with the coach. I see this as a big opportunity for all of us to do something special here."
Kan niet wachten op 13/11 nu al gedenkwaardig!
pi_22079919
quote:
Op maandag 20 september 2004 08:42 schreef ChAoZ het volgende:
Vond ik ook opvallend van Mourinho. Alsof hij zelf wel attractief loopt te voetballen?

En Paul Robinson hield er toch wat mooie ballen uit. Op de goal bij Engeland dus!
  donderdag 23 september 2004 @ 09:00:17 #40
82154 P0RN0STAR
Fluffers gezocht...
pi_22145674
Overtuigende 6-0 overwinning uit bij Oldham Athletic voor de League Cup, Robbie Keane vierde zijn rentree met een treffer, de overige kwamen op naam van Frederic Kanouté (tweemaal) Jermain Defoe, Goran Bunjevcevic en Anthony Garder.

Stond het achterin al érg goed, nu begint ook de aanval te lopen. Zondag gaat Man Utd eraan!
  donderdag 23 september 2004 @ 09:08:13 #41
82154 P0RN0STAR
Fluffers gezocht...
pi_22145749
Wedstrijdverslag van Spurs.co.uk (http://www.spurs.co.uk/article.asp?hlid=227234)
quote:
Carling Cup - Oldham 0-6 Spurs - 22 Sep 2004 13:36

Our Special K's got back on the scoresheet before a late flurry of goals saw us home with a flourish in the Carling Cup at Oldham on Wednesday night.
Fredi Kanoute and Robbie Keane both opened their accounts for the season to put us in the driving seat at Boundary Park.

Those goals - Kanoute's powerful header, Keane's cool finish - were the difference between the sides in what was a relatively tight encounter for 65 minutes.

Jermain Defoe entered the fray for Keane after the Irish striker made it 2-0 and it took just five minutes for him to make his mark with a smart finish to make the tie safe at 3-0.

The game then looked to be petering out before an amazing finale.

Goran Bunjevcevic bagged his first goal for the club since joining at the start of the 2001-02 season when he capitalised on Oldham keeper Craig Mawson's error from Pedro Mendes' corner after 87 minutes.

Anthony Gardner followed up two minutes later with only his second goal for the club - a sweet 25-yard drive into the bottom corner to make it 5-0.

And with cries of 'we want six' from a healthy Spurs following, the half-dozen was delivered by Kanoute, rifling the ball into the roof of the net after being played in by Rohan Ricketts.

It was a little harsh on an Oldham side who were always in the tie until Keane's strike just after the hour.

They had threatened Kasey Keller's goal without really carving out a clear-cut chance - a couple of wayward shots the sum total of a robust first half display.

With seven changes from Sunday's draw at Chelsea including the return of Keller in goal and first starts of the season for OJ Mabizela, Goran Bunjevcevic and Anthony Gardner, it was no surprise we took a little while to get going.

Kanoute eventually opened the scoring after 37 minutes with a classic header from Keane's corner before roles were reversed and Keane volleyed Kanoute's knock down over from six yards just before the break.

It wasn't too long before Keane notched his first of the season though as he capitalised on a defensive mix-up before slotting home from a tight angle.

If that goal knocked the stuffing out of the home side, his replacement Defoe ended it as a contest five minutes later, sliding home one-on-one.

That looked just about that until the mad last five minutes turned 3-0 into 6-0.

The victory extended our unbeaten start to the season to seven matches with three wins, four draws, five clean sheets and just two goals conceded.

MINUTE BY MINUTE

1min: Moment of concern as Keller darted out of box to meet Johnson, slight indecision with Gardner but eventually able to clear.
5mins: Deep free-kick from Eyres, Arber climbing at far post but header never a danger.
7mins: Keane attempted dink from edge of box easily collected by Mawson.
15mins: Kanoute burst down left, cross looking for Keane, angle too tight to do anything but volley back across six-yard line.
16mins: Appleby onto ball as Redknapp stumbled, 30-yarder flew wide.
19mins: Decent move across pitch, Redknapp eventually played in Davies, cross to far post missed by Brown but fell to Jackson at far post who drove across box, ball managed to evade everyone.
20mins: Keller out quickly to clear as Johnson went for ball over the top.
29mins: Corner played to edge of box to Eyres, cut inside Brown but shot high and wide.
37mins: GOAL. Kanoute powered home Keane's corner from eight yards. 1-0.
45mins: MISS. Redknapp floated ball into Kanoute, he headed down to Keane who lifted ball over the bar from six yards.

Half-time: Oldham 0, Spurs 1

48mins: CLOSE. Best move of match involving Davies, Keane and Jackson ended with Brown curling just wide from edge of box.
51mins: CLOSE. Killen pounced on loose ball and snapped volley just wide.
53mins: Johnson tricks on edge of the box but low shot always going wide.
60mins: Kanoute spun away from two defenders and fired just over from 20 yards.
61mins: SUB. Mendes for Redknapp.
63mins: SUB. Jack for Killen.
65mins: GOAL. Jackson pass, Keane took advantage of mix up between Mawson and Arber and slotted home from tight angle. 2-0.
67mins: SUB. Defoe for Keane.
70mins: CHANCE/SAVE/OFF LINE. Keller saved point-blank from Arber, ball fell twice to Holden eight yards out but Gardner and King blocked both attempts.
70mins: GOAL. Quick break from that Oldham attack, Brown and Jackson involved, Defoe suddenly one on one and finished in style.
71mins: SUB. Ricketts for Davies.
85mins: Defoe so lively in the box after good work from Bunjevcevic, turned away from Haining before striking into side-netting.
87mins: SUB. Barlow for Eyre.
87mins: GOAL. Mawson spilled Mendes corner and Bunjevcevic volleyed in his first goal for the club. 4-0.
89mins: GOAL. Gardner picked ball up in space before drilling low shot into corner from 25 yards. 5-0.
Injury time: SAVE. Eyres effort heading for top corner but Keller tipped over at full stretch.
Injury time: GOAL. Knocking ball around now, Mendes involved heavily, Ricketts into Kanoute who smashed into roof of net. 6-0.

Line-ups:

Oldham: Mawson, Holden, Griffin, Haining, Arber, Boshell, Appleby, Eyre (, Eyres, Killen (Jack, 63), Johnson. Subs: Treacy, Lomax, Hall.
Spurs: Keller, Mabizela, King, Gardner, Bunjevcevic, Davies (Ricketts, 71), Redknapp (Mendes, 61), Brown, Jackson, Kanoute, Keane (Defoe, 67). Subs: Robinson, Pamarot.

Referee: R Beeby.

Attendance: 8,548.
  donderdag 23 september 2004 @ 09:16:15 #42
50936 The_Hives
Is nu tripple oom Hives O+ !!!
pi_22145827
quote:
Op vrijdag 27 augustus 2004 10:58 schreef Suijk het volgende:
Heb wel sympathie voor deze club.
Hoe zal dat nou komen
AFC AJAX Kampioen 2012-2013
Fok! Federatie
1918,1919,1931,1932,1934,1937,1939,1947,1957,1960,1966,1967,1968,1970,1972,1973,1977,1979,1980 1982,1983,1985,1990,1994,1995,1996,1998,2002,2004,2011,2012,2013
  donderdag 23 september 2004 @ 10:03:07 #43
17897 Cart_man
Love to be hated
pi_22146236
Bah, yids.
A.M.A.B
  donderdag 23 september 2004 @ 11:10:18 #44
82154 P0RN0STAR
Fluffers gezocht...
pi_22147201
http://www.tribalfootball.com/september/englishnews230904.html
quote:
Santini: Spurs want Carling Cup
tribalfootball.com - September 23, 2004

Tottenham coach Jacques Santini wants to win the Carling Cup.
After seeing his team romp to a 6-0 win over Oldham Athletic last night, Santini declared: "This was a good result for the team and our fans.

"This game was good for me because it allowed me to play three or four players who have not yet figured in the Premiership this season. It was important for those players to get a game.

"This competition I am taking very seriously because we are a new team with new players, a new manager and new assistant coaches. So it is important for us."
http://www.tribalfootball.com/september/englishnews6220904.html
quote:
Defoe urges Spurs to try again for Man City's SWP
tribalfootball.com - September 22, 2004

Jermain Defoe has urged Tottenham to try again for Manchester City winger Shaun Wright-Phillips.
Defoe said: "I'd love us to sign Shaun. I don't think there is another winger like him in the country.

"He is quick and aggressive. He scores goals and he is strong for his size. Shaun is my mate as well so I would definitely sign him if I was manager!"
  vrijdag 24 september 2004 @ 11:00:34 #45
82154 P0RN0STAR
Fluffers gezocht...
pi_22169388
Stond niet helemaal achter de aankoop van Nourredine Naybet, maar zijn spel is aardig en ook in de media laat hij van zich spreken:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/september/engnews7240904.html
quote:
Tottenham's Naybet: Man Utd reign is over
tribalfootball.com - September 24, 2004

Tottenham defender Nourredine Naybet is convinced Manchester United's reign as a top club is over.

He declared: "I've played United in Europe very often and this is not the same team I used to know.

"The fact is Manchester United's cycle of glory is over and Arsenal's has begun.

"I think they are at a low point and they have lost a lot of the qualities which made them so great.

"Roy Keane is their leader on and off the pitch and I've been following all that he's had to say about his team-mates and it's impossible not to agree with what he says.

"When we play them we can't afford to allow the type of comeback they managed against Spurs in that 5-3 game, or the one which we saw against Manchester City last season."

The Moroccan added: "This is a tougher, tighter Spurs side already - if we are 3-0 up this time there will be no coming back.

"Some United players have moved on, they have signed a lot of youth and they will need three or four years to build a great team again.

"In order to build such a side they need to go through the process of renovation. And, having played in France, Portugal and Spain, I can tell them it is the same in every one of those countries.

"The big test for United is that they need to avoid changing ideas or changing wholesale the players they have, because any further change could slow down the process of building back up to the top that Sir Alex Ferguson is engaged in."
http://www.tribalfootball.com/september/engnews5240904.html
quote:
Naybet: Tottenham are building a great team
tribalfootball.com - September 24, 2004

Tottenham defender Nourredine Naybet admits he is loving life in the Premiership.

He said: "I've been dreaming my whole life of playing in England because that was the soccer I grew up watching.

"Nobody had to push me to sign for Spurs. I jumped at the chance and turned down other opportunities which were more financially lucrative.

"Now I'm proud of being here and I'm clear about my aims. We are here at Tottenham, under Jacques Santini, to build a great side.

"When I was young this was a club with a huge and honoured history.

"In those days, everybody knew Tottenham as the reference English team in Europe - great football, great players and regular trophies.

"I was well aware of the great tradition at White Hart Lane before I arrived here and the aim now is to give the supporters something to really cheer again.

"I think we have a mix of youth and veteran players under an exceptional coach which can bring the glory days back to Spurs.

"My aim is that we will take Spurs to a European qualifying place this season - and I won't settle for less."
pi_22171804
Kut, ze zijn de live wedstrijd van zaterdagmiddag tegen die wankers van SCUM
O mamma mamma mamma, O mamma mamma mamma. Sai perche mi batte il corazon?
Ho visto Maradona, ho visto Maradona. Eh, mammà, innamorato son!
A Guinness a day keeps the doctor away
pi_22174846
Wat een copy/paste topic is dit zeg, ik zie liever wat meer meningen.
That's all folks!
pi_22174894
quote:
Op vrijdag 24 september 2004 14:59 schreef -Vaduz- het volgende:
ik zie liever wat meer meningen.
Tottenham the greatest!!

Zo goed?
pi_22174970
Lekkere binnenkomer ja. Maar je mag best eens wat vaker zeggen wat je van zo'n nieuwsbericht vind.

[ Bericht 0% gewijzigd door -Vaduz- op 24-09-2004 15:11:34 ]
That's all folks!
  vrijdag 24 september 2004 @ 15:05:42 #50
43763 DutchGooner
naar het andere forum!
pi_22174984
quote:
Op vrijdag 24 september 2004 15:01 schreef aldostuta het volgende:

[..]

Tottenham the greatest!!

deze uitspraak berust op onjuistheden
NAAR HET ANDERE FORUM!