abonnement Unibet Coolblue
pi_1889491
Wie is het? Ik hij is gefeatured op de laatste single van Redman, maar wat doet hij precies? Producer? Ghostwriter?
  zaterdag 13 oktober 2001 @ 13:28:59 #2
14509 reem
Correspondent in Buenos Aires
pi_1889538
Adam F is een van de meest gerespecteerde JUNGLE / DRUM N BASS producers, hij maakt dus de beats etc [check zijn COLOURS LP en je begrijpt wat ik bedoel], en maakt nu ook Hiphop. Hij heeft een heel album gemaakt samen met rappers zoals MOP, REDMAN, PHARAOH MONCH en vele anderen... Album heet KAOS [Anti Accoustic Warfare]

Check het maar uit, die gozer is dope! Zal ff een biootje poberen te vinden..

DNB BIO

The U.K.'s drum and bass scene is without doubt today's most innovative musical force. This vibrant genre has produced few real stars. Until now that is. When someone like Liverpool born ADAM F creates music people sit up and take notice. He has already made a huge impact on the underground circuit with seminal tracks such as "Aromatherapy" and "Circles" which were released through record label Section 5...
...Adam F's presence on stage at nights like Goldie's legendary Metalheadz club and Promised Land at The End has given him a reputation second to none. So much so, that even without thinking a major deal his live work has already spurred requests from Germany, Holland and Japan.

Take into account Adam's musical background, and it's easy to understand why he's been able to develop such a unique sound. In his teens he had the invaluable experience of going on tour around America playing keyboards for the Moody Blues. On his return Adam found his musical influences growing. "Although I grew up listening to people like Peter Gabriel and Sting, I remember a girlfriend at the time introducing me to Marvin Gaye, Roy Ayers and Sly and the Family Stone - I was blown away." By the late 80's Adam was singing and playing with his own funk band.

Adam's quest for the perfect platform for his music continued. The turning point was on hearing a track by LTJ Buken. Setting to work on his own track "Circles", he emerges from the studio with a spellbinding slab of hypnotic drum and bass. Even though in a notoriously cliquey scene Adam found himself the centre of considerable praise. Adam's manifesto is simple, "The main thing is to make music for yourself, music that you enjoy. That's why it the key for me to incorporate live musicians in to my music. It immediately gives your sound an individuality" insists Adam. "The main appeal for drums and bass for me is that you can maintain a certain amount of funk and soul in whatever you do."

As Adam started releasing further tracks on the underground circuit his reputation widened even further. Goldie being the first on line to request a contribution for his burgeoning Metalheadz label. With interest from several major record companies reaching fever pitch, tragedy struck when Adam was involved in a serious car crash which left him in hospital for several months. Thankfully, Adam emerged from hospital unscathed and signed a prestigious album/label deal with Positiva.

Over the next few months Adam F will be busying himself with finishing his debut album for his label imprint FJAM'S, and also getting into full on rehearsal mode for a set of live dates. Not a man to sit down for one moment, Adam is also liaising with Everything But The Girl regarding future projects. Talking about his forthcoming album, Adam states "Drum and bass is an ever evolving genre. The album will take you on a journey of my emotions and musical taste."

With that in mind prepare yourself for uncharted territory!

HIPHOP BIO

"I think that Adam F is one of the most blazin' upcoming producers out there on the hip hop side. He knows what he's doing. He's official. I think he has the potential to become a Dr Dre." LL COOL J

Following his 1998 MOBO award winning debut album 'Colours' (featuring the top 20 hits 'Circles', 'Brand New Funk' and 'Music In My Mind'), Adam F presents 'KAOS', a brand new US-made LP. Full to the brim with superstar collaborations: LL Cool J, Redman, MOP, Capone 'n' Noreaga, De La Soul, Beenie Man, Siamese, Pharaoh Monch, Carl Thomas and Guru. Adam F makes records that both define and defy the times. 'KAOS' is visionary stuff.

Adam started with a handful of demos that Def Jam fell in love with, passed onto LL Cool J who enlisted Adam to produce 'Take It Off' for his recent 'G.O.A.T.' LP. LL was so rapt with the results that he demanded the LP's title track be re-recorded with Adam even though that meant the albums release was delayed three weeks. The result led to LL saying Adam was the next Dr Dre while Tim Westwood had to rewind 'G.O.A.T' five times on his Radio 1 Rap show.

"I produced a track for LL called 'Take It Off' for his album, and the 'G.O.A.T.' was initially something I'd produced for my album," Adam recalls. "But when he first heard it, he said 'I gotta rock to this! I gotta have it!'" with the result that it ended up on Adam's new album 'KAOS' and LL Cool J's first US Billboard No. 1 album. Def Jam were so impressed with Adam that it led to him working with Missy Elliot and Lady Luck.

Next, armed with a tape of a new track he'd been working on which featured a 70-piece orchestra and a 60-strong choir singing the notorious emcee's name, Adam met Redman after the rapper's gig in Los Angeles. "He'd just come off stage, he had a towel round his head and he was smoking a blunt."

"And he was like, 'What the fuck they saying?' I explained they were singing 'Redman, Redman'. And he says, 'How the fuck they know my name?! This shit is crazy!'. By the time the track was finished Redman knew he wanted it for a single on his new album 'Malpractice'. 'Smash Sumthin' will also be Adam's first single with a video shot in LA by Dave Myers (director for the likes of Missy Elliot and Sisqo).

"When people hear this in a club it's gonna be like whoa, that shit's bananas! It's like. it's over man!" REDMAN

Sessions progressed in a familiar pattern, with Adam crafting the beats in studios in London and the southeast, flying with the tapes to New York where vocals were laid down before returning to his 48-track studio at home for mixing. The vocalists had very different approaches: CNN and Beenie Man had their crews in the studio jumping around to create an atmosphere, whereas the De La Soul and Pharoah Monch sessions were more personal, just 1-on-1 artist and producer.

"The consistency in 'KAOS' is a visual thing which comes from the drama in the production," says Adam. "There is a whole vibe to the album - Redman's talking about a Frankenstein monster version of himself being brought to life by electricity; Huggybear and Beenie Man take you through this idea of the Dirty Harry that's inside everyone and Guru and Carl Thomas sing about karma - what goes around comes around. The album is called 'KAOS' because the year and a half putting it together has been a complete creative KAOS.

"I make music from within, from my emotions and moods. And the way I see it, when you buy an artist's album, you buy into the last two or three years of that person's life, what they've been inspired by and how they want to express it."

'KAOS' sounds like Puffy meets Rockwilder via Timbaland. Chuck in a few Steven Spielberg movie soundtracks and some special FX and you're halfway there.

"What can you say about Adam F? He's the bomb producer. 2001? It's over, believe it." BEENIE MAN

"From the 'KAOS' project this Redman joint is ridiculous. Five weeks at No.1 on the Westwood chart, this is the hottest beat blazing up the streets right now from Funkmaster Flex in NYC to UK...Adam F...this shit is big baby." TIM WESTWOOD

"This shit is crazy! Adam F be doing it! The 'KAOS' project is BIG!!" ROCKWILDER

[b]@RemiLehmann[/b]
pi_1889583
quote:
Op zaterdag 13 oktober 2001 13:28 schreef reem het volgende:
Adam F is een van de meest gerespecteerde JUNGLE / DRUM N BASS producers, hij maakt dus de beats etc [check zijn COLOURS LP en je begrijpt wat ik bedoel], en maakt nu ook Hiphop. Hij heeft een heel album gemaakt samen met rappers zoals MOP, REDMAN, PHARAOH MONCH en vele anderen... Album heet KAOS [Anti Accoustic Warfare]

Check het maar uit, die gozer is dope! Zal ff een biootje poberen te vinden..

<knip>

Interesting, ik zal eens wat van dat KAOS album opzoeken. Blend van Puffy, Rockwilder en Timbaland, klinkt wel beetje club-achtig voor mijn smaak though.
  zaterdag 13 oktober 2001 @ 13:46:08 #4
12499 Hooghoudt
Spassig und überraschend
pi_1889605
Colours is goed

Jammer dat op dat nieuwe album van die rappers erbij zitten

Nicht ärgern, nur wundern!
pi_1889643
'van die rappers'?!

Pharoahe Monch, Redman, M.O.P.. Hij heeft wel smaak hoor!

pi_1889796
update: ik heb ff wat gedownload, en het is idd erg goed. Ik zie de Drum 'n Bass invloed niet zo, maar dat vind ik niet erg Hij houdt wel erg van gigantische koren zeg.. Ik ook!

Vooral die nummers met Pharoahe Monch en M.O.P zijn vet.

pi_5425837
Hij's goed!

*luister*

pi_5425846
Ik heb die cd waar Circles ('...check check check') op staat, dat is wel een goede plaat. Die andere cd heb ik ook nog steeds niet gehoord.
Like a steam locomotive, rollin' down the track
He's gone, gone, and nothin's gonna bring him back
pi_5425880
quote:
Op zondag 18 augustus 2002 14:54 schreef Zander het volgende:
Ik heb die cd waar Circles ('...check check check') op staat, dat is wel een goede plaat. Die andere cd heb ik ook nog steeds niet gehoord.
Hahaha, 'check check check' ja
'k Ben nooit zo goed in al die genre-namen... 't Is wel een ehm... spacey nummer ofzo. Combi van drum'n'bass & triphop?
pi_5425917
quote:
Op zondag 18 augustus 2002 14:58 schreef DennisMoore het volgende:
Hahaha, 'check check check' ja
Als je Colours draait op een feest met veel mensen gaan er altijd wel een stuk of 3 "check check check" meebrullen

Vond 't eerlijk gezegd wel een tegenvaller toen bleek dat Adam F nu alleen nog maar hip-hop maakt... Dat genre trekt me toch minder dan jungle.

pi_5427294
Een paar weken geleden had ik eindelijk Colours aangeschaft. Een erg goede cd mag ik wel zeggen.
pi_5427470
Aardig niet-muzikaal weetje: z'n pa heeft wat hits gescoord als Alvin Stardust. Volgens mij was Pretend een van zijn grootste hits. Ergens in de jaren 80 ofzo.
Life is like a stanleyknife: cut, cut, cut!
pi_5428725
Adam F is weer bezig met Drum&Bass Produceren..( ) hij heeft zijn hiphop uitstapje afgesloten.. dat las ik in een interview met hem, van een random UK magazine een paar weken geleden!
pi_5428744
quote:
Op zondag 18 augustus 2002 17:37 schreef Miss het volgende:
Aardig niet-muzikaal weetje: z'n pa heeft wat hits gescoord als Alvin Stardust. Volgens mij was Pretend een van zijn grootste hits. Ergens in de jaren 80 ofzo.
Ik las in een oude OOR dat Adam F. ook nog een tijdje de toetsenist van de oude symfo-rockers The Moody Blues is geweest op een van hun tournees in de jaren 80 of 90.
Like a steam locomotive, rollin' down the track
He's gone, gone, and nothin's gonna bring him back
  zondag 18 augustus 2002 @ 21:04:40 #15
12499 Hooghoudt
Spassig und überraschend
pi_5429480
quote:
Op zondag 18 augustus 2002 19:49 schreef Tiim het volgende:
Adam F is weer bezig met Drum&Bass Produceren..( ) hij heeft zijn hiphop uitstapje afgesloten.. dat las ik in een interview met hem, van een random UK magazine een paar weken geleden!
Beter! Dumpen die rappers...

* Hooghoudt wacht in spanning

Nicht ärgern, nur wundern!
pi_5429986
sommige van die nummers van die hip hop plaat klinkt onwijs gaaf, vooral het eerste nummer is met een compleet symfo orkest opgenomen... alleen vind ik het net als een paar andere hier dat die rappers het met hun... 'yo ik ben veel stoerderder dan die andere rapper' een beetje jammer is.. Goed te horen dat hij weer terug in de d&b is
pi_5433666
quote:
Op zondag 18 augustus 2002 19:49 schreef Tiim het volgende:
Goede zaak!
pi_5478761
Ik vond het wel bewonderenswardig dat hij zo veelzijdig was.
Aangezien ik zowel hip-hop fan als DnB liefhebber ben vond ik het wel jammer dat het project geen mengeling van beide stijlen was.
Alles mag zolang je niet betrapt wordt
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')