abonnement Unibet Coolblue
pi_199924002
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 17 juni 2021 11:27 schreef speknek het volgende:
[ twitter ]

[ afbeelding ]

8)7.
Ja, in een tijd dat wij partij kiezen tussen democraten en republikeinen vergeten we nog wel eens dat het Amerikanen blijven. Hypocriet 101 :)

In ander nieuws: Chomsky & doom & gloom ;(

https://truthout.org/arti(...)val-to-retake-power/
beter een knipoog dan een blauw oog
  Overall beste user 2022 donderdag 17 juni 2021 @ 14:19:55 #152
3928 Ulx
you aint no punk you punk
pi_199926645
Mag nieuwe feestdag Juneteenth worden uitgelegd op school of valt dat onder critical race theory?
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
pi_199927671
Wat zijn gifjes toch mooi he.
pi_199928383
Toch beweging in de Manchin's starheid tov de filibuster?

twitter

quote:
"That's that's one of many good, good suggestions I've had," he said of lowering the cloture total from 60 to 55. Manchin went on to discuss the last time the cloture threshold was lowered, in the 1970s.

"I looked back ... when it went from 67 votes to 60 votes, and also what was happening, what made them think that it needed to change. So I'm open to looking at it, I'm just not open to getting rid of the filibuster, that's all," he said.

Manchin acknowledged that publicly he had drawn a line at 60, but said that he was open to other ideas. "Right now, 60 is where I planted my flag, but as long as they know that I'm going to protect this filibuster, we're looking at good solutions," he said. "I think, basically, it should be [that] 41 people have to force the issue versus the 60 that we need in the affirmative. So find 41 in the negative. ... I think one little change that could be made right now is basically anyone who wants to filibuster ought to be required to go to the floor and basically state your objection and why you're filibustering and also state what you think needs to change that'd fix it, so you would support it. To me, that's pretty constructive."

As an example, Manchin said that he was prepared to specify his objections to S. 1, the For the People Act. In the voting rights and democracy reform bill, he said, he opposed automatic voter registration because some rural voting locations don't have internet access to check a voter's eligibility. He also opposed a provision in the bill that restricted a state's ability to purge voter rolls, which he said would make the rolls less reliable. And he expressed reservations related to some of the campaign finance reform provisions, arguing they needed to apply equally to labor and business.

"I'm telling you why I'm against something. So I'm going to send to [No Labels leaders] Margaret [White] and to Nancy [Jacobson], everybody on the voting thing, what I support, and the voting changes that need to be made and what I oppose in S. 1. So at least I'm saying I'm against it for this reason, and here's the things I think can make a piece of legislation better. I think we all should do that. We should be responsible for that," he said.

Those specific objections, notably, were absent from a second Charleston Gazette-Mail opinion column written by Manchin last week, stating his opposition to the For the People Act. In the piece, Manchin argued that the bill was done in a "partisan manner" and that he objected to such a sweeping bill that is "solely supported by one party."

The column made no mention of Manchin's specific concerns about preserving the ability to purge voter rolls and same-day registration -- the objections that were given to No Labels and its audience of wealthy donors.

[ Bericht 59% gewijzigd door Kijkertje op 17-06-2021 15:57:15 ]
“The fundamental cause of the trouble in the modern world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.”— Bertrand Russell
pi_199928576
Interessante mogelijkheid wat geopperd wordt in die quote en wel vaker aan de orde is gekomen hier, is denk ik het omdraaien van de filibuster, zodat je niet meer 60 stemmen voor moet verzamelen, maar 41 tegen. Het is maar de vraag of het echt veel uit zou maken, maar je kunt je dan niet meer zo makkelijk verschuilen achter een ander.
  Moderator donderdag 17 juni 2021 @ 16:36:27 #156
54278 crew  Tijger_m
pi_199929211
De ACA heeft weer een horde genomen:

quote:
Affordable Care Act survives third Supreme Court challenge, as case from Trump administration and GOP-led states is rejected

The Supreme Court on Thursday dismissed the latest challenge to the Affordable Care Act, saying Republican-led states do not have the legal standing to try to upend the law.

Justice Stephen G. Breyer wrote the court’s 7 to 2 decision that preserves the law that provides millions of Americans with health coverage.

Justices Samuel A. Alito Jr. and Neil M Gorsuch dissented.

The decision meant the attempt to derail President Barack Obama’s landmark domestic achievement met the fate of past legal challenges, in 2012 and 2015.

The key issue this time was whether a 2017 decision by Congress to remove the penalty for not buying health insurance — the so-called individual mandate — meant that the law was unconstitutional and should be wiped from the books.

That would end popular provisions such as keeping young adults on their parents’ insurance policies, and ensuring coverage for those with preexisting medical conditions.

https://www.washingtonpos(...)5230cfac2_story.html
7-2 is een behoorlijk overtuigend met een conservatieve meerderheid in het SC. Dat is toch wel een doodsteek voor verdere pogingen om de ACA onderuit te halen.
"The enemy isn't men, or women, it's bloody stupid people and no one has the right to be stupid." - Sir Terry Pratchett.
  donderdag 17 juni 2021 @ 17:46:32 #157
384435 klappernootopreis
Pleens treens en ottomobile
pi_199930446
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 17 juni 2021 14:19 schreef Ulx het volgende:
Mag nieuwe feestdag Juneteenth worden uitgelegd op school of valt dat onder critical race theory?
Het is een zoethoudertje. Je krijgt een vrije dag, maar je moet dan wel je stemrecht inleveren.
Mag ik je vandaag weer eens irriteren?
  donderdag 17 juni 2021 @ 17:58:42 #158
384435 klappernootopreis
pi_199930626
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 17 juni 2021 16:36 schreef Tijger_m het volgende:
[..]

7-2 is een behoorlijk overtuigend met een conservatieve meerderheid in het SC. Dat is toch wel een doodsteek voor verdere pogingen om de ACA onderuit te halen.
Allicht. De ACA is bedoeld voor de mensen, niet om een semi-commercieel zorgsysteem in leven te houden. De hele weerstand tegen ACA heeft grotendeels te maken omdat een afroamerikasn dit heeft ingevoerd. Obamacare. Klinkt bedreigender dan ACA. Maar het is hetzelfde. Toen enkele jaren geleden mensen werden interviewd over ACA zeiden die dat dit stukken beter was dan Obamacare. 8)7
pi_199935760
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 17 juni 2021 16:36 schreef Tijger_m het volgende:
[..]

twitter

twitter
“The fundamental cause of the trouble in the modern world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.”— Bertrand Russell
  Overall beste user 2022 vrijdag 18 juni 2021 @ 18:57:21 #160
3928 Ulx
you aint no punk you punk
pi_199947976
twitter

Republikein die tegen onderzoek naar de aanval op het congres stemde wil een onderzoek naar de aanval op het congres nadat Carlson met een nieuw complot aan kwam kakken.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
  vrijdag 18 juni 2021 @ 20:29:41 #161
323401 Kijkertje
met filter
pi_199949692
Het wordt steeds gekker 8)7

twitter

quote:
In the latest development in the partisan Republican “audit” of Arizona presidential votes, voting system data has been taken to a secret hideout in Montana.

An unsupervised driver transported copies of ballot data in a truck to a cabin in the community of Bigfork in northwest Montana, several media outlets reported.

The state Senate Republican liaison has “confirmed that copies of voting system data was sent to a ‘lab’ in Montana,” an observer wrote earlier this month on an “SOS” website set up by the office of Arizona Secretary of State Katie Hobbs (D). “He did not specify what security measures were in place, or what the lab in Montana will do with the data, or how long it will be in possession of the copies,” added the note.

Hobbs, who’s running for governor, called the Montana operation “madness.” She said audit organizers promised a “transparent” operation with cameras. “There was no camera in a cabin in Montana,” she said.

“You can’t make this stuff up,” Hobbs told CNN, which refers to the operation as a “fraudit.” “If it wasn’t happening right in front of our eyes, we wouldn’t believe it was happening.” (Check out the video above.)

Arizona Republic journalist Jen Fifield discovered that the cabin now holding the records is the residence of Ben Cotton, founder of digital company CyFIR, which is a subcontractor of the company running the recount. CyFIR’s parent company, Cyber Technologies, also run by Cotton, appears to have the same address in the Montana woods, which was tracked down by CNN this week.
pi_199949789
quote:
81s.gif Op vrijdag 18 juni 2021 20:29 schreef Kijkertje het volgende:
Het wordt steeds gekker 8)7

[ twitter ]
[..]

Dit begint meer als data harvest te klinken dan als een 'audit'... :{
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
pi_199949878
De ballot data mogen toch niet eens de staat it 8)7
pi_199950003
quote:
0s.gif Op vrijdag 18 juni 2021 20:36 schreef Barbusse het volgende:

[..]

Dit begint meer als data harvest te klinken dan als een 'audit'... :{
Dat gevoel bekroop me ook.
  vrijdag 18 juni 2021 @ 21:21:08 #165
384435 klappernootopreis
pi_199950794
quote:
0s.gif Op vrijdag 18 juni 2021 18:57 schreef Ulx het volgende:
[ twitter ]

Republikein die tegen onderzoek naar de aanval op het congres stemde wil een onderzoek naar de aanval op het congres nadat Carlson met een nieuw complot aan kwam kakken.
Doet het je wel afvragen in hoeverre fox news de touwtjes in handen heeft bij de GOP.
  Moderator zaterdag 19 juni 2021 @ 01:27:29 #166
54278 crew  Tijger_m
pi_199954865
quote:
0s.gif Op vrijdag 18 juni 2021 21:21 schreef klappernootopreis het volgende:

[..]

Doet het je wel afvragen in hoeverre fox news de touwtjes in handen heeft bij de GOP.
Het is meer een symbiotische relatie, denk ik.
"The enemy isn't men, or women, it's bloody stupid people and no one has the right to be stupid." - Sir Terry Pratchett.
pi_199968773
twitter

pi_199969842
Helaasch voor de familie.

Overigens als dit het enige bericht is van de afgelopen 24 uur.
Dat waren nog eens tijden, bijv. 1 jaar geleden.
  zondag 20 juni 2021 @ 00:20:03 #169
323401 Kijkertje
met filter
pi_199969965
quote:
1s.gif Op zondag 20 juni 2021 00:09 schreef AnneX het volgende:
Helaasch voor de familie.

Overigens als dit het enige bericht is van de afgelopen 24 uur.
Dat waren nog eens tijden, bijv. 1 jaar geleden.
Nou er gebeurt zat hoor. Wel allemaal van hetzelfde en nog steeds vanuit de Democraten geen daadkrachtig besluit hoe een eind te maken aan de ondemocratische wetgeving die de Republikeinen aan het doorvoeren zijn ;(

twitter

En dan heb je natuurlijk de narratieven die ze in het kader van de volgende midterms al aan pushen zijn zoals:

twitter
  zondag 20 juni 2021 @ 00:28:54 #170
323401 Kijkertje
met filter
pi_199970054
Pence is iig uitgerangeerd. Good riddance!

twitter
pi_199970075
quote:
6s.gif Op zondag 20 juni 2021 00:28 schreef Kijkertje het volgende:
Pence is iig uitgerangeerd. Good riddance!

[ twitter ]
Mja, de reden dat hij uitgejouwd is, is klaarblijkelijk dat hij weigerde om de verkiezingsuitslag niet te aanvaarden. Ik weet niet hoe vrolijk je daarover moet zijn.
  zondag 20 juni 2021 @ 00:34:36 #172
323401 Kijkertje
met filter
pi_199970102
quote:
0s.gif Op zondag 20 juni 2021 00:31 schreef SnertMetChoco het volgende:

[..]

Mja, de reden dat hij uitgejouwd is, is klaarblijkelijk dat hij weigerde om de verkiezingsuitslag niet te aanvaarden. Ik weet niet hoe vrolijk je daarover moet zijn.
Ja en daarna weigerde hij ook maar iets in het nadeel van Trump te zeggen qua verantwoordelijkheid voor het oproer bij het Capitol en nu wordt hij uitgejouwd :D

Net goed! :6
  zondag 20 juni 2021 @ 00:36:47 #173
323401 Kijkertje
met filter
pi_199970121
Oh en Trump wil ook wel Speaker worden :D

twitter
  zondag 20 juni 2021 @ 00:53:52 #174
323401 Kijkertje
met filter
pi_199970264
Tja dat krijg je dan met zo'n gouverneur:

twitter

twitter
pi_199970496
quote:
15s.gif Op zondag 20 juni 2021 00:53 schreef Kijkertje het volgende:
Tja dat krijg je dan met zo'n gouverneur:

[ twitter ]
[ twitter ]
quote:
All five who contracted the virus were known not to be vaccinated and had a sore throat as their initial primary complaint.
Heeft niets met de gouverneur te maken. Mensen moeten gewoon hun vaccins halen.
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')