abonnement Unibet Coolblue
pi_182737795
kylegriffin1 twitterde op donderdag 25-10-2018 om 16:50:10 Mother Jones has apparently obtained text messages that show Roger Stone was working to get a presidential pardon for WikiLeaks' Julian Assange earlier this year. https://t.co/h6OBqnsPF2 reageer retweet
“The fundamental cause of the trouble in the modern world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.”— Bertrand Russell
  Overall beste user 2022 donderdag 25 oktober 2018 @ 17:45:36 #252
3928 Ulx
you aint no punk you punk
pi_182738822
quote:
6s.gif Op donderdag 25 oktober 2018 16:59 schreef Kijkertje het volgende:
kylegriffin1 twitterde op donderdag 25-10-2018 om 16:50:10 Mother Jones has apparently obtained text messages that show Roger Stone was working to get a presidential pardon for WikiLeaks' Julian Assange earlier this year. https://t.co/h6OBqnsPF2 reageer retweet
Dan heeft Mueller die ook.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
pi_182740057
Trump obliterates his one-week record for dishonesty in a wave of pre-midterm appearances

quote:
He’s talking so much. He’s lying so much.

U.S. President Donald Trump made 170 false claims in the second week of October, obliterating his previous record of 133, which he set in August.

The 170 false claims took him past 3,000 false claims for his term, up to 3,086.

The frequency of his dishonesty has continually increased over time. He took 343 days to utter his first 1,000 false claims, 197 to utter his second 1,000, and just 92 days to utter his third 1,000.

Trump makes more false claims the more he talks, and he has never talked more as president than he did in that record-setting October week. As the November midterm elections came into view, Trump uttered 78,542 words, according to the website Factba.se, beating his previous record — the week prior — by 22,000 words.

In addition to four campaign rallies, Trump did interviews with 60 Minutes, Fox News, the Washington Examiner, Time, New York magazine and with local media wherever he travelled; a speech to police chiefs; multiple events at the White House; multiple brief interactions with the White House press corps; and a highly dishonest op-ed in USA Today.

As always, some of Trump’s false claims were minor exaggerations. But many of them were whoppers — complete fabrications that appeared to be intended to scare people into voting Republican. On separate occasions, Trump lied that Democrats plan to abolish America’s borders, dismantle law enforcement, and kick seniors off of their Medicare health insurance.

He also gave some of his supporters a personal experience with his self-aggrandizing lying.

Speaking at his campaign rally in Richmond, Kentucky, Trump declared that “25,000” or “35,000” people were outside the venue watching the speech on a screen. That was news to the couple hundred people, tops, who were actually out there watching, with a Washington Post reporter watching them.

Trump’s 3,086 false claims for the first 633 days of his term give him an average of 4.9 per day.

If Trump is a serial liar, why call this a list of “false claims,” not lies? You can read our detailed explanation here. The short answer is that we can’t be sure that each and every one was intentional. In some cases, he may have been confused or ignorant. What we know, objectively, is that he was not telling the truth.

Read the Star's complete, interactive list of Trump's false claims

“The fundamental cause of the trouble in the modern world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.”— Bertrand Russell
  Overall beste user 2022 donderdag 25 oktober 2018 @ 19:05:36 #254
3928 Ulx
pi_182740255
En dan moet hij nog in B E A S T M O D E gaan.

Ik heb gehoord dat Trump de eerste man op de maan was.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
  Overall beste user 2022 donderdag 25 oktober 2018 @ 19:13:17 #255
3928 Ulx
pi_182740395
quote:
BREAKING: GOP Sen. Chuck Grassley said he's referring Michael Avenatti and Kavanaugh accuser Julie Swetnick to DOJ for criminal investigation.
Met als reactie van Avenatti:

quote:
It is ironic that Senator Grassley now is interested in investigations. He didn’t care when it came to putting a man on the SCOTUS for life. We welcome the investigation as now we can finally get to the bottom of Judge Kavanaugh’s lies and conduct. Let the truth be known.
Al die getuigen die onder ede gehoord hadden kunnen worden (maar genegeerd werden) door de FBI in het Ford gebeuren kunnen nu wel onder ede hun verhaaltje doen.
  donderdag 25 oktober 2018 @ 19:16:35 #256
460259 kladderadatsch
MAKEaMEricAGREATaGAIN
pi_182740461
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 25 oktober 2018 19:05 schreef Ulx het volgende:

LOL! Bedenk me trouwens dat de enige keer dat ik hem de waarheid heb horen spreken was toen hij Ted Cruz een leugenaar noemde, go figure... :+
An apatheist is someone who is not interested in accepting or rejecting any claims that gods exist or do not exist.
  Overall beste user 2022 donderdag 25 oktober 2018 @ 19:17:34 #257
3928 Ulx
pi_182740487
quote:
10s.gif Op donderdag 25 oktober 2018 19:16 schreef kladderadatsch het volgende:

[..]

LOL! Bedenk me trouwens dat de enige keer dat ik hem de waarheid heb horen spreken was toen hij Ted Cruz een leugenaar noemde, go figure... :+
He called him a Lion.
  donderdag 25 oktober 2018 @ 19:30:05 #258
44703 ExtraWaskracht
Laat maar lekker draaien
pi_182740777
Updates t/m gister.

Florida, in-person voting aantallen vergeleken met 2014 (inclusief vote by mail staat de GOP zo'n 3% voor):

North Carolina, verhouding vergeleken met 2016:

Nevada:
quote:
—About 90,000 Democrats have voted so far (including by absentee ballot) and by the time the rurals come in, there will be about 84,000 Republicans. Dem turnout is at 15 percent; GOP turnout is at 16 percent. If that 1 percent difference was to grow, that’s very problematic for the Dems, whose 5 percent statewide registration edge can’t sustain them if it does. (About 40,000 non-major party voters have cast ballots, and they could well decide races. People keep asking me whether they lean Dem or R. Polling has shown the former, but it’s just impossible to tell right now.)

For comparison’s sake — and this cycle seems sui generis so I am not sure how relevant this is: In 2014, 10.9 percent of Republicans had turned out by now and only 8 percent of Democrats, presaging the red wave; in 2010, it was 11.7 percent GOP and 10.3 percent Dem. So we are not that far from 2010, percentage-wise, and just slightly better for Dems (insert Lyon County caveats….)

[ Bericht 1% gewijzigd door ExtraWaskracht op 25-10-2018 19:43:15 ]
  donderdag 25 oktober 2018 @ 19:42:11 #259
44703 ExtraWaskracht
Laat maar lekker draaien
pi_182741092
quote:
1s.gif Op donderdag 25 oktober 2018 19:13 schreef Ulx het volgende:

[..]

Met als reactie van Avenatti:

[..]

Al die getuigen die onder ede gehoord hadden kunnen worden (maar genegeerd werden) door de FBI in het Ford gebeuren kunnen nu wel onder ede hun verhaaltje doen.
Nog een reactie:
MichaelAvenatti twitterde op donderdag 25-10-2018 om 19:40:14 Maybe if Grassley was actually a lawyer that knew something about the law, he would realize what he has done. He just opened up Pandora’s box as it relates to Justice Kavanaugh’s conduct. It is Christmas in October! reageer retweet
  donderdag 25 oktober 2018 @ 19:55:23 #260
65394 Montov
Dogmaticus Irritantus
pi_182741388
quote:

Dat verklaart die 239 pounds tijdens zijn medische controle.
Géén kloon van tvlxd!
  Overall beste user 2022 donderdag 25 oktober 2018 @ 20:03:32 #261
3928 Ulx
pi_182741610
quote:
10s.gif Op donderdag 25 oktober 2018 19:42 schreef ExtraWaskracht het volgende:

[..]

Nog een reactie:
MichaelAvenatti twitterde op donderdag 25-10-2018 om 19:40:14 Maybe if Grassley was actually a lawyer that knew something about the law, he would realize what he has done. He just opened up Pandora’s box as it relates to Justice Kavanaugh’s conduct. It is Christmas in October! reageer retweet
Ik denk dat een kruisverhoor van Bartje wel nodig zal zijn in zo'n zaak. Dat kan echt episch worden. Niet dat laffe gedoe van de Senaat, en we zagen hoe hij toen reageerde, maar echt het vuur aan de schenen gelegd krijgen....

En nee, een rechter heeft geen immuniteit.
  donderdag 25 oktober 2018 @ 20:08:53 #262
44703 ExtraWaskracht
Laat maar lekker draaien
pi_182741738
quote:
1s.gif Op donderdag 25 oktober 2018 20:03 schreef Ulx het volgende:

[..]

Ik denk dat een kruisverhoor van Bartje wel nodig zal zijn in zo'n zaak. Dat kan echt episch worden. Niet dat laffe gedoe van de Senaat, en we zagen hoe hij toen reageerde, maar echt het vuur aan de schenen gelegd krijgen....

En nee, een rechter heeft geen immuniteit.
Maarehm, de kans is natuurlijk wel levensgroot dat de republikeinen hiermee de base wat wil opvuren om toch maar vooral te gaan stemmen, vanwege het grote onrecht wat de democraten Kavanaugh aangedaan zouden hebben.
  Overall beste user 2022 donderdag 25 oktober 2018 @ 20:19:35 #263
3928 Ulx
pi_182742027
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 25 oktober 2018 20:08 schreef ExtraWaskracht het volgende:

[..]

Maarehm, de kans is natuurlijk wel levensgroot dat de republikeinen hiermee de base wat wil opvuren om toch maar vooral te gaan stemmen, vanwege het grote onrecht wat de democraten Kavanaugh aangedaan zouden hebben.
Voorlopig niet. Eerst moet het OM een beslissing nemen. Dit is eerder een poging Avenatti te intimideren. Alvast dirt op te graven. Noem maar op.
Dit gaat echt geen strafzaak wordsn voor de midterms.
  donderdag 25 oktober 2018 @ 20:29:58 #264
44703 ExtraWaskracht
Laat maar lekker draaien
pi_182742253
quote:
1s.gif Op donderdag 25 oktober 2018 20:19 schreef Ulx het volgende:

[..]

Voorlopig niet. Eerst moet het OM een beslissing nemen. Dit is eerder een poging Avenatti te intimideren. Alvast dirt op te graven. Noem maar op.
Dit gaat echt geen strafzaak wordsn voor de midterms.
Geen idee wat er gaat gebeuren, maar Grassley en zijn staffers acht ik niet dom. Er zal vast wat achter zitten, althans, ervanuitgaande dat het niet slechts gaat om een vermeende leugen.
  donderdag 25 oktober 2018 @ 20:34:20 #265
44703 ExtraWaskracht
Laat maar lekker draaien
pi_182742320
Weet iemand trouwens hoe het zit qua openingstijden? Er wordt nu al melding gemaakt van updates vanuit Arizona en Nevada voor vandaag:

Garrett_Archer twitterde op donderdag 25-10-2018 om 20:25:40 Today's ballots were slightly more Democratic and female than the sum of the whole. There was a +10 R advantage. A full point higher than the previous day's report. reageer retweet
RalstonReports twitterde op donderdag 25-10-2018 om 19:54:36 Most of early voting data in from Day 5, and the bottom line is Dems lost ground in NV on Wednesday. Still have statewide lead, but it's not big. Details on the most-read blog in the universe: https://t.co/q4LOMuJRv1 https://t.co/L8VoL4i9i3 reageer retweet
Kortom, Democraten lopen in in Arizona, Republikeinen lopen in in Nevada.
  Overall beste user 2022 donderdag 25 oktober 2018 @ 20:34:37 #266
3928 Ulx
pi_182742325
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 25 oktober 2018 20:29 schreef ExtraWaskracht het volgende:

[..]

Geen idee wat er gaat gebeuren, maar Grassley en zijn staffers acht ik niet dom. Er zal vast wat achter zitten, althans, ervanuitgaande dat het niet slechts gaat om een vermeende leugen.
Ik kan geen enkele mogelijkheid zien waar er geen getuigen en geen Kavanaugh worden opgeroepen.
Dus trekt Chuck zijn keutel in of het wordt vuurwerk. En het kan best dat Avenatti en zijn client verliezen, maar is Kavanaugh daarmee een winnaar?
  donderdag 25 oktober 2018 @ 20:35:13 #267
44703 ExtraWaskracht
Laat maar lekker draaien
pi_182742337
quote:
1s.gif Op donderdag 25 oktober 2018 20:34 schreef Ulx het volgende:

[..]

Ik kan geen enkele mogelijkheid zien waar er geen getuigen en geen Kavanaugh worden opgeroepen.
Dus trekt Chuck zijn keutel in of het wordt vuurwerk. En het kan best dat Avenatti en zijn client verliezen, maar is Kavanaugh daarmee een winnaar?
Who knows, maar misschien de republikeinen wel in de midterms.
  Overall beste user 2022 donderdag 25 oktober 2018 @ 20:36:30 #268
3928 Ulx
pi_182742353
quote:
Brandon Judd of the National Border Patrol Council is right when he says on @foxandfriends that the Democrat inspired laws make it tough for us to stop people at the Border. MUST BE CHANDED, but I am bringing out the military for this National Emergency. They will be stopped!
A CHAND is gonna come! The times they are a-CHANDING!
  Overall beste user 2022 donderdag 25 oktober 2018 @ 20:40:34 #269
3928 Ulx
pi_182742450
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 25 oktober 2018 20:35 schreef ExtraWaskracht het volgende:

[..]

Who knows, maar misschien de republikeinen wel in de midterms.
Braafjes hoor. Maar het kan ook vrouwen over de streep trekken om toch maar Dem te stemmen. Die kans acht ik eigenlijk groter dan het "energize the base" verhaal.

"Beschuldig een machtige man en je gaat de gevangenis in, dames! Weet je plek!"
  donderdag 25 oktober 2018 @ 20:43:08 #270
44703 ExtraWaskracht
Laat maar lekker draaien
pi_182742515
quote:
1s.gif Op donderdag 25 oktober 2018 20:40 schreef Ulx het volgende:

[..]

Braafjes hoor. Maar het kan ook vrouwen over de streep trekken om toch maar Dem te stemmen. Die kans acht ik eigenlijk groter dan het "energize the base" verhaal.

"Beschuldig een machtige man en je gaat de gevangenis in, dames! Weet je plek!"
Kan, maar je zag wel dat republikeinen wat terrein leken te winnen, in ieder geval voor wat betreft de senaat. Zelfs een hoog opgeleide persoon als Lyrebird viel voor dat verhaal naar eigen zeggen.
  Overall beste user 2022 donderdag 25 oktober 2018 @ 20:54:00 #271
3928 Ulx
pi_182742761
Maybe, maar is de machtige Senator die nu de aanval kiest. En Avenatti gaat haar alleen verdedigen. Als je daar al tegen bent houdt het hele begrip "rechtsstaat" wel een beetje op voor je.

Bovendien spint Fox het toch wel.
  donderdag 25 oktober 2018 @ 20:56:14 #272
44703 ExtraWaskracht
Laat maar lekker draaien
pi_182742816
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 25 oktober 2018 20:54 schreef Ulx het volgende:
Maybe, maar is de machtige Senator die nu de aanval kiest. En Avenatti gaat haar alleen verdedigen. Als je daar al tegen bent houdt het hele begrip "rechtsstaat" wel een beetje op voor je.

Bovendien spint Fox het toch wel.
Ik zeg toch niet dat ik er tegen ben? Ik vind het alleen wat verdacht vanuit Grassley die het niet zoveel lijkt uit te maken of iemand de waarheid weergeeft aan de Senaat.
  Overall beste user 2022 donderdag 25 oktober 2018 @ 21:02:54 #273
3928 Ulx
pi_182742983
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 25 oktober 2018 20:56 schreef ExtraWaskracht het volgende:

[..]

Ik zeg toch niet dat ik er tegen ben? Ik vind het alleen wat verdacht vanuit Grassley die het niet zoveel lijkt uit te maken of iemand de waarheid weergeeft aan de Senaat.
Ik denk dat je Grassley overschat. Hij probeert Avenatti te intimideren omdat hij onder de huid van Trump zit. Of omdat hij en zij nog steeds een risico kunnen zijn voor Kavanaugh, helemaal als er een blue wave komt.

Dat lijken me de simpelste verklaringen. Gewoon een banzai charge en hopen op een wonder.
pi_182743934
Saudi Spy Met With Team Trump About Taking Down Iran

quote:
Mueller’s investigators examined a series of meetings between an Israeli social media strategist, the general blamed for Jamal Khashoggi’s murder, and Trump adviser Michael Flynn.

Gen. Ahmed Al-Assiri, the Saudi intelligence chief taking the fall for the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, hobnobbed in New York with Michael Flynn and other members of the transition team shortly before Trump’s inauguration. The topic of their discussion: regime change in Iran.

Mohammed bin Salman, the powerful Saudi crown prince, dispatched Assiri from Riyadh for the meetings, which took place over the course of two days in early January 2017, according to communications reviewed by The Daily Beast. The January meetings have come under scrutiny by Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s office as part of his probe into foreign governments’ attempts to gain influence in the Trump campaign and in the White House, an individual familiar with the investigation told The Daily Beast. A spokesperson for Mueller declined to comment.

The New York meetings were attended and brokered by George Nader, a Lebanese-American with close ties to leaders in the United Arab Emirates who is currently cooperating with Mueller’s team. Also present at the meetings was Israeli social media strategist Joel Zamel, who has been questioned by Mueller for his role in pitching top campaign officials on an influence operation to help Trump win the election—overtures that could have broken federal election laws.

Steve Bannon was involved as well in conversations on Iran regime change during those two days in January, according to the communications.

The communications show that participants in the meetings discussed a multi-pronged strategy for eroding, and eventually ending, the current Iranian regime—including economic, information, and military tactics for weakening the Tehran government. Earlier this year the New York Times reported Nader was promoting a plan to carry out economic sabotage against Iran and pitched the plan in the Spring of 2017 to Saudi, UAE, and American officials. It’s unclear if that plan ever moved forward or if it was part of the larger project for regime change discussed in these January 2017 meetings.

Either way, former CIA acting director John McLaughlin told The Daily Beast, the get-togethers as described were very unusual.

SPOILER
Om spoilers te kunnen lezen moet je zijn ingelogd. Je moet je daarvoor eerst gratis Registreren. Ook kun je spoilers niet lezen als je een ban hebt.
  Overall beste user 2022 donderdag 25 oktober 2018 @ 22:08:35 #275
3928 Ulx
pi_182744351
Voor het geval je het hebt gemist: Er liggen weer wat territories van de VS in puin na een storm. Saipan en Tinian dit keer.

https://www.vox.com/energ(...)slands-saipan-tinian
pi_182747349
kylegriffin1 twitterde op vrijdag 26-10-2018 om 01:30:22 ! Newt Gingrich said that if Democrats re-take control of the House and subpoena Trump's tax returns, it would likely force a fight in the Supreme Court. "And," Gingrich said, "we'll see whether or not the Kavanaugh fight was worth it." (via WaPo) https://t.co/SSCGR2GZuE reageer retweet
Filmpje in tweet
  Overall beste user 2022 vrijdag 26 oktober 2018 @ 01:47:31 #277
3928 Ulx
pi_182747425
quote:
.@ChuckGrassley - let’s start the investigation tonight. I will make my client available for a sworn interview and you can make Judge Kavanaugh available for a sworn interview. We also have 9 other witnesses we want interviewed and specific documents we want requested. Let’s go.
Ja, waarom niet Chuck? Dan ben je af van dit gedoe. Jouw advocaat mag Julie Swetnick ondervragen, haar advocaat mag Brett Kavanaugh en heel wat oude bekenden van hem ondervragen. Allemaal onder ede, net als toen bij de Senaat. Brett moet zijn verhaal overigens wel op orde hebben, want geheid zal er naar uitspraken van toen worden verwezen. Maar nu dus met getuigen opgeroepen door de verdediging.....

Ik sla chips in. Dit wordt leuk. }>

(Ik kan me echt niet voorstellen dat Kavanaugh hier blij mee is. Ik denk dat hij Grassley wel kan wurgen nu.)
  Overall beste user 2022 vrijdag 26 oktober 2018 @ 01:57:34 #278
3928 Ulx
pi_182747514
quote:
6s.gif Op vrijdag 26 oktober 2018 01:40 schreef Kijkertje het volgende:
kylegriffin1 twitterde op vrijdag 26-10-2018 om 01:30:22 ! Newt Gingrich said that if Democrats re-take control of the House and subpoena Trump's tax returns, it would likely force a fight in the Supreme Court. "And," Gingrich said, "we'll see whether or not the Kavanaugh fight was worth it." (via WaPo) https://t.co/SSCGR2GZuE reageer retweet
Filmpje in tweet
Naast dat Newt hier toegeeft dat Kavanaugh daar is geplaatst als belangenbehartiger van de GOP:

Ik betwijfel ten eerste of andere conservatieve rechters zich hiervoor laten misbruiken en ten tweede wie zegt dat een simpele opvraag van belastinggegevens door het Huis bij de IRS -dat recht hebben ze- bij het SC komt?
  Overall beste user 2022 vrijdag 26 oktober 2018 @ 02:08:25 #279
3928 Ulx
pi_182747590
pi_182747763
En Papadopoulos is verhoord achter gesloten door wel 3 leden van de HJC

Meadows (R):

quote:
“What we’re finding without talking about specifics of what’s going on is that the whole reason that this investigation was opened up was certainly not one built on a solid foundation,” Meadows told reporters. He added that some Justice Department and FBI staffers should be referred to the DOJ’s Office of Professional Responsibility "to determine whether proper protocol was followed, and I’m certainly willing to encourage that.”
Raskin (D):

quote:
Raskin, meanwhile, reminded reporters of Papadopoulos’ conviction — he pleaded guilty last month to lying to the FBI about his communications with a foreign professor and was sentenced to 14 days in federal prison — suggesting his testimony should be taken with a grain of salt.
Politico
pi_182747807
Trump Proposes to Lower Drug Prices by Basing Them on Other Countries’ Costs

quote:
President Trump proposed on Thursday that Medicare pay for certain prescription drugs based on the prices paid in other advanced industrial countries — a huge change that could save money for the government and for millions of Medicare beneficiaries.

As part of a demonstration project covering half the country, Medicare would establish an “international pricing index” and use it as a benchmark in deciding how much to pay for drugs covered by Part B of Medicare.

“This is a revolutionary change,” Mr. Trump said in a speech on Thursday at the Department of Health and Human Services. “Nobody’s had the courage to do it, or they just didn’t want to do it.”

Mr. Trump’s announcement was part of a flurry of initiatives emerging from the White House ahead of next month’s midterm elections, in which Democrats hope to take control of the House and possibly the Senate. Democrats have focused their campaigns on health care, hammering Republicans on the high cost of prescription drugs and asserting that Republicans would undo protections for people with pre-existing medical conditions — one of the most popular provisions of the Affordable Care Act.

On Thursday, the Trump administration offered an answer — but the drug proposal would take effect in late 2019 or early 2020 at the earliest.

Trump administration officials said they had the authority to use the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation created by the Affordable Care Act to carry out the proposal. That agency has wide discretion to conduct demonstration projects. The Trump administration will accept public comments before starting the project. But the proposal will most likely face fierce political resistance from drug makers, some health care providers and some Republicans in Congress, and it could also be subject to legal challenges.

“The administration is imposing foreign price controls from countries with socialized health care systems that deny their citizens access and discourage innovation,” said Stephen J. Ubl, the president and chief executive of the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America, the main trade group for the industry. He said the proposal would “threaten patient access to innovative lifesaving medicines.”

Democrats had their own reasons for skepticism.

“It’s hard to take the Trump administration and Republicans seriously about reducing health care costs for seniors two weeks before the election when they have repeatedly advocated for and implemented policies that strip away protections for people with pre-existing conditions and lead to increased health care costs for millions of Americans,” said Senator Chuck Schumer of New York, the Democratic leader.

SPOILER
Om spoilers te kunnen lezen moet je zijn ingelogd. Je moet je daarvoor eerst gratis Registreren. Ook kun je spoilers niet lezen als je een ban hebt.
SecAzar twitterde op donderdag 25-10-2018 om 12:06:35 In fact, Medicare was found to be paying the highest price for 19 out of the 27 drugs studied compared to these other countries. There was only a single case in which the US was paying lower than the international average. reageer retweet
Medicare beneficiaries are generally responsible for 20 percent of the cost of drugs covered by Part B of the program. So if Medicare reduces its payment, the cost to beneficiaries will be “similarly proportionately reduced,” the administration said.

However, most beneficiaries now have supplemental insurance, such as a Medigap policy or retiree health benefits, to help pay their share of the bill for drugs covered under Part B of Medicare.

The new method of payment proposed by the Trump administration would be phased in from 2020 to 2025. “Overall savings for American taxpayers and patients are projected to total $17.2 billion over five years,” Mr. Azar said.

Among the drugs included in the study were Aranesp, for patients with anemia caused by chemotherapy or chronic kidney disease; several cancer medicines, such as Avastin, Herceptin and Keytruda; Lucentis, for eye conditions that can cause vision loss; and Rituxan, for rheumatoid arthritis and certain types of cancer. The list prices for Keytruda and many other new cancer medicines are substantially more than $100,000 a year.

As an example, Mr. Trump said: “One common cancer drug is nearly seven times as expensive for Medicare as it is for other countries. This is a highly used and very effective drug.” The president was apparently referring to Treanda, a cancer treatment sold by Teva Pharmaceutical Industries.

The report was notable for several reasons.

It uses foreign drug prices as a reference or benchmark to judge prices in the United States. In many foreign countries, officials negotiate prices with drug manufacturers. While Democrats have long pushed for such negotiations, Republicans in this country have blocked them, fearing Medicare could eventually dictate prices or restrict access to drugs deemed to be too expensive.

Mr. Trump campaigned for president on the promise of allowing the government to negotiate drug prices, but then backed away from that position when he unveiled his first drug-price proposals last spring. The new proposal moves back toward that plan, not by having the federal government negotiate drug prices directly, but by piggybacking on price negotiations in other countries.

Foreign countries “use their national health systems to negotiate lower prices in exchange for market access,” the Trump administration said in its report.

Democrats were still pushing a more direct route. “On the eve of the midterm elections, the president is proposing a small step on drug price relief when a giant leap is urgently needed,” said Representative Peter Welch, Democrat of Vermont. “Instead of nibbling around the edges, he should demand in his State of the Union speech that Congress send to his desk within 30 days a broad price negotiation bill that applies to all drugs in the Medicare program.”

Medicare has historically paid 106 percent of the “average sales price” for drugs that patients receive by infusion or injection in doctors’ offices. Medicare drug spending has been growing rapidly — at an average rate of about 9.5 percent a year since 2009, according to the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission, an independent agency that advises Congress.

The Trump administration said the current payment formula could provide financial incentives for some doctors and hospitals to use “the highest-priced clinically beneficial product.”

The new report acknowledged many “limitations” in the data used for its international price comparisons. The formulation of drugs, their dosage and their strength may differ from country to country, it said.

Prices cited in the study “may not accurately reflect the actual amount paid in the U.S. or abroad,” because they generally do not show the effects of rebates offered by drug manufacturers, the report said.

Obama administration officials were also troubled by the rapid growth of spending for drugs covered by Part B of Medicare. In March 2016, they proposed a nationwide experiment to reduce payments for many of these drugs. But they scrapped the plan nine months later after it was criticized by pharmaceutical companies, doctors, patients and members of Congress from both parties, who said it could jeopardize access to important medicines.

Mr. Azar said the Trump administration proposal was “more radical” than Mr. Obama’s.

About two-thirds of Part B drug spending is for biotechnology drugs known as biologics.

Countries included in the Trump administration’s drug price comparisons, besides the United States, were Austria, Belgium, Canada, the Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
  vrijdag 26 oktober 2018 @ 09:19:07 #282
384435 klappernootopreis
Pleens treens en ottomobile
pi_182749418
quote:
Naar mate de midterms dichterbij komen, komen de leugens ook sneller. Vooralsnog kunnen die nog worden bijgehouden, maar op gegeven moment gaan ze zo snel dat de verkiezingen voorbij zijn voor de waarheid bekend wordt.
Mag ik je vandaag weer eens irriteren?
  vrijdag 26 oktober 2018 @ 09:20:37 #283
384435 klappernootopreis
pi_182749432
quote:

Van mij mag hij, hij mag er ook blijven: Trump! loop naar de maan!
  vrijdag 26 oktober 2018 @ 09:28:54 #284
384435 klappernootopreis
pi_182749546
quote:
1s.gif Op donderdag 25 oktober 2018 15:50 schreef Ulx het volgende:

[..]

En deze markt reageert gewoon op tegenvallende kwartaalcijfers, het weinig mogelijkheden tot verbetering hebben en een stijgende rente.

Niets bijzonders dus, ware het niet dat Trump met zijn taxgrab de mogelijkheid tot succesvol ingrijpen -indien nodig- heeft verkleind. Daar reageert de markt ook op.
En sneller dan de GOP lief is.. ;)
  vrijdag 26 oktober 2018 @ 10:24:48 #285
52811 DustPuppy
The North Remembers
pi_182750329
quote:
Mexico may be next to legalize cannabis: incoming FM

MONTREAL (AFP) - Mexico "absolutely" could follow Canada's lead in legalizing marijuana as a way to reduce violence generated by a war on drugs that "doesn't work," its incoming foreign minister said Tuesday.

Marcelo Ebrard, who will become foreign minister when Mexico's president-elect Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador takes office December 1, said he discussed Ottawa's experience Monday with Canadian Foreign Minister Chrystia Freeland.

Asked whether Mexico might follow Canada's example, Ebrard told reporters, "Sure, absolutely."

"We think it is a very interesting option in the short term for Mexico," he said. "We think there are two options: the Canadian model or the Uruguay model."

"It doesn't make sense to have a law forbidding the possession or production of cannabis and we have 9,000 people in jail for that, we have a huge amount of violence in the country," Ebrard said.

"You spend a huge amount of money (on policing), you cause suffering for a lot of people and it doesn't make sense."

Prohibition, he added, "doesn't work, you have the cannabis anyway."

Canada legalized cannabis on October 17, becoming the first major economy to do so. Uruguay legalized recreational use of the drug in 2013.

Mexico has long been a major supplier of marijuana and other illegal drugs to the US market, spawning powerful drug cartels and violent struggles for control of drug routes.

Since 2006, when the government deployed the army to fight the cartels, more than 200,000 people have been murdered, including a record 28,702 last year.

Another 37,000 people are reported missing.

Bron: France24
Stoners to the south of me, potheads to the north. Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.
"The north remembers, Lord Davos. The north remembers, and the mummer’s farce is almost done.”
  vrijdag 26 oktober 2018 @ 10:33:12 #286
384435 klappernootopreis
pi_182750448
quote:
0s.gif Op vrijdag 26 oktober 2018 10:24 schreef DustPuppy het volgende:

[..]

Stoners to the south of me, potheads to the north. Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.
|:( Nu zit ik weer met die song van Stealers Wheel in mijn hoofd..

Bedankt. :(
  Overall beste user 2022 vrijdag 26 oktober 2018 @ 10:50:38 #287
3928 Ulx
pi_182750740
https://www.apnews.com/e1b4e441d4a448b98f129fcde0556a98

Dodge City, met dat ene stemlokaal buiten de stad in the middle of nowhere....

Nieuw geregistreerde kiezers krijgen een opkomstbrief met het verkeerde adres...
  Overall beste user 2022 vrijdag 26 oktober 2018 @ 11:07:43 #288
3928 Ulx
pi_182751118
https://nypost.com/2018/1(...)tter_impression=true

quote:
Donald Trump had no choice but to blow $10,000 in charity money on a giant painting of himself — because no one else wanted it, his lawyers claimed in court Thursday.

Trump picked up the infamous painting — now at the center of a lawsuit brought by the state attorney general who alleges suspect spending by the charity — during a 2014 auction benefiting The Unicorn Foundation at his Mar-a-Lago country club in Florida.

“So Mr. Trump donates $10,000 to start the bidding, and then when the bidding goes on and no one else bids, they’re stuck with the painting,” his attorney Alan Futerfas told Manhattan Supreme Court Judge Saliann Scarpulla as he asked for the case to be dismissed.

And so the “Art of the Deal” author got the raw end of the deal and wound up having to plunk down $10,000 on the portrait. But rather than fork over the dough himself, Trump billed his own Donald J. Trump Foundation for the cost.

Prosecutors say Trump also used charitable foundation money to pay off his creditors, decorate one of his golf clubs with the portrait, and boost his presidential campaign.

“They’re making a mountain out of a molehill,” Futerfas said of the allegations.

Beyond the painting, Assistant Attorney General Yael Fuchs said that in 2016, the foundation was “used to collect and distribute funds at the direction and for the benefit of the Trump campaign.”

The foundation and the campaign worked hand in hand to stage a televised “Trump for Vets” event in Iowa a week before the state’s caucuses. The event brought in $5.6 million of tax-free donations — $2.8 million of which went straight into foundation coffers while the remainder went to charitable groups, according to the AG.

“I think it’s beyond dispute that these were improper self-dealing transactions,” Fuchs said.

But Futerfas countered that “every dime, every penny” from the fundraiser went to veterans charities.

“Candidates can go out and raise money for charity. That’s absolutely proper,” Futerfas said.

The judge said the question was whether the Trump campaign directed payment of the proceeds from the foundation to specific charities in order to curry favor with voters — which would be illegal.

Scarpulla said she’d wait to rule on the case until a Manhattan appeals court determined whether a sitting president could be sued in state civil court.
"Niemand wilde een portret van mij, dus moest ik wel geld van het goede doel gebruiken om het zelf te kunnen kopen....", aldus meneer de Miljardair.
  vrijdag 26 oktober 2018 @ 11:19:15 #289
466498 Chivaz
pi_182751340
quote:
0s.gif Op vrijdag 26 oktober 2018 10:50 schreef Ulx het volgende:
https://www.apnews.com/e1b4e441d4a448b98f129fcde0556a98

Dodge City, met dat ene stemlokaal buiten de stad in the middle of nowhere....

Nieuw geregistreerde kiezers krijgen een opkomstbrief met het verkeerde adres...
Wat de VS nodig heeft is een waterdicht systeem op landelijk niveau.
Dus vaste stemlokalen met een persoonlijke stempas inclusief een bijbehorende id kaart.
Lijkt mij wel iets waar beide partijen achter zouden moeten staan.
  vrijdag 26 oktober 2018 @ 11:34:32 #290
105963 doppelgänger
huilen met de kraan open
pi_182751618
https://www.geenstijl.nl/(...)e-migrantenkaravaan/

GS roept Nederlanders in Texas op om zich te melden als ze een Hitachi-kraan of stalen hekken e.d. hebben.
Voor één of andere verkiezingsstunt? :{ Mij benieuwen wat die rukkers nu weer bekokstoven.
Fun game: try to post a YouTube comment so stupid that people realize you must be joking. (Hint: this is impossible)
"Stel je drinkt Starbucks koffie maar je vergeet een foto te maken en te delen op Social media. Heb je dan wel koffie gedronken?"
  vrijdag 26 oktober 2018 @ 11:39:21 #291
33189 RM-rf
1/998001
pi_182751703
quote:
0s.gif Op vrijdag 26 oktober 2018 10:33 schreef klappernootopreis het volgende:
Nu zit ik weer met die song van Stealers Wheel in mijn hoofd..
Ik met het beeld het dansje van Michael Madsen in Reservoir Dogs
"Whatever you feel like: Life’s not one color, nor are you my only reader" - Ausonius, Epigrammata 25
  vrijdag 26 oktober 2018 @ 11:49:44 #292
359444 Ludachrist
pi_182751937
quote:
0s.gif Op vrijdag 26 oktober 2018 11:34 schreef doppelgänger het volgende:
Mij benieuwen wat die rukkers nu weer bekokstoven.
Dat is toch wel duidelijk? Ze willen wat mensen daar die particulier een stukje hek gaan plaatsen.

Daar maken ze dan een verhaal van waarin ze genuanceerd de voor- en nadelen van migratie bespreken om samen met input van hun reaguurders tot een prachtig stukje onderzoeksjournalistiek te komen.
Hoeren neuken, nooit meer werken.
  Overall beste user 2022 vrijdag 26 oktober 2018 @ 12:34:31 #293
3928 Ulx
pi_182752678
quote:
1s.gif Op vrijdag 26 oktober 2018 11:19 schreef Chivaz het volgende:

[..]

Wat de VS nodig heeft is een waterdicht systeem op landelijk niveau.
Dus vaste stemlokalen met een persoonlijke stempas inclusief een bijbehorende id kaart.
Lijkt mij wel iets waar beide partijen achter zouden moeten staan.
Wat bedoel je? Dat negers, spics, roodhuiden en dergelijke makkelijk kunnen stemmen?
Daar gaat de GOP nooit voor zijn.

Je hebt wel gelijk. Verkiezingen voor een federale positie --> overal gelijke regels.
  vrijdag 26 oktober 2018 @ 13:01:11 #294
154335 Knipoogje
*smile*
pi_182753108
Voorlopig nog niet onder de indruk van de opkomst. Heel Amerika is politiek in vuur en vlam en nog zijn ze te lui om zich te informeren. Wat dat betreft zijn Amerikanen zo'n beetje het meest ongeinformeerde volk ter eerste wereld. Leven hun leventje van paycheck naar paycheck en geven hun geld uit. Je zou verwachten dat democraten met zo'n 60-70% zouden komen opdagen, maar nope. Nog steeds komen er meer trouwere republikeinen opdagen dan democraten.

Ze verdienen Republikeins beleid. :')
beter een knipoog dan een blauw oog
  vrijdag 26 oktober 2018 @ 13:31:30 #295
359444 Ludachrist
pi_182753706
Korte bommenupdate: men verwacht dat alles vanuit Florida verstuurd is, en dat alle pakketjes dus ook met de post gegaan zijn, geen koeriers zoals eerder verondersteld.

Dat is heel vreemd, want iemand hier wist al te vertellen dat die pakketjes niet genoeg postzegels hadden én niet gestempeld waren. De FBI zet zichzelf hier dus weer mooi voor schut.
Hoeren neuken, nooit meer werken.
  vrijdag 26 oktober 2018 @ 13:35:42 #296
-1 #ANONIEM
pi_182753817
Ah, Floridaman strikes again.
  vrijdag 26 oktober 2018 @ 13:35:59 #297
154335 Knipoogje
*smile*
pi_182753823
quote:
0s.gif Op vrijdag 26 oktober 2018 13:35 schreef clumsy_clown het volgende:
Ah, Floridaman strikes again.
Floridsman
  vrijdag 26 oktober 2018 @ 13:44:32 #298
-1 #ANONIEM
pi_182754003
quote:
0s.gif Op vrijdag 26 oktober 2018 13:01 schreef Knipoogje het volgende:
Voorlopig nog niet onder de indruk van de opkomst. Heel Amerika is politiek in vuur en vlam en nog zijn ze te lui om zich te informeren. Wat dat betreft zijn Amerikanen zo'n beetje het meest ongeinformeerde volk ter eerste wereld. Leven hun leventje van paycheck naar paycheck en geven hun geld uit. Je zou verwachten dat democraten met zo'n 60-70% zouden komen opdagen, maar nope. Nog steeds komen er meer trouwere republikeinen opdagen dan democraten.

Ze verdienen Republikeins beleid. :')
Huh? Het duurt nog twee weken voordat de verkiezing is, de huidige cijfers zijn slechts de absentee ballots en early voters. Desondanks zijn er al meerdere staten waarin het huidige aantal stemmers al hoger is dan het totale aantal stemmers in 2014. De algemene opkomst in Amerika is erbarmelijk slecht ja, maar dat is hij in Nederland bij bij de Provenciale Staten of gemeenteraadsverkiezingen ook, terwijl het hier aanzienlijk makkelijker is om te stemmen.

[ Bericht 0% gewijzigd door #ANONIEM op 26-10-2018 13:47:55 ]
  vrijdag 26 oktober 2018 @ 13:50:18 #299
154335 Knipoogje
*smile*
pi_182754123
quote:
0s.gif Op vrijdag 26 oktober 2018 13:44 schreef clumsy_clown het volgende:

[..]

Huh? Het duurt nog twee weken voordat de verkiezing is, de huidige cijfers zijn slechts de absentee ballots en early voters. Desondanks zijn er al meerdere staten waarin het huidige aantal stemmers al hoger is dan het totale aantal stemmers in 2014. De algemene opkomst in Amerika is erbarmelijk slecht ja, maar dat is hij in Nederland bij bij de Provenciale Staten of gemeenteraadsverkiezingen ook, terwijl het hier aanzienlijk makkelijker is om te stemmen.
Maar hier is er geen 24/7 politieke carrousel aan de gang. Ik denk dat bij ons de opkomst verdubbelt als we hier ook een dergelijk polarisatie kennen.
  Overall beste user 2022 vrijdag 26 oktober 2018 @ 14:26:08 #300
3928 Ulx
pi_182754833
quote:
0s.gif Op vrijdag 26 oktober 2018 13:50 schreef Knipoogje het volgende:

[..]

Maar hier is er geen 24/7 politieke carrousel aan de gang.
Volgens mij is het sinds Fortuyn een kermis.
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')