abonnement Unibet Coolblue
pi_182008930
Ook Graham heeft enorme haast deze benoeming erdoor te douwen :')

LindseyGrahamSC twitterde op woensdag 19-09-2018 om 13:47:22 It is imperative the Judiciary committee move forward on the Kavanaugh nomination and a committee vote be taken ASAP. reageer retweet
“The fundamental cause of the trouble in the modern world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.”— Bertrand Russell
  woensdag 19 september 2018 @ 17:11:42 #127
44703 ExtraWaskracht
Laat maar lekker draaien
pi_182009051
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 19 september 2018 16:59 schreef Monolith het volgende:

[..]

Hiervoor geldt natuurlijk wel exact hetzelfde. :P
Het is voor zover ik weet de eerste en enige poll waarin O'Rourke op voorsprong staat.
Obligaat:
NateSilver538 twitterde op woensdag 19-09-2018 om 16:09:59 I suppose I feel obligated to point out that Beto's back to 1 in 3 now after a new Ipsos poll showing him ahead by 2 points. (This is the problem with tweeting about individual polls.) https://t.co/xgjtOxrzdZ reageer retweet
pi_182009140
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 19 september 2018 15:05 schreef clumsy_clown het volgende:
Ondertussen gooit Trump Sessions nog maar eens voor de bus.

[..]

https://thehill.com/hillt(...)tter_impression=true
En noemt de FBI "truly a cancer in our country" :')

quote:
President Trump in an exclusive interview with Hill.TV said Tuesday he ordered the release of classified documents in the Russia collusion case to show the public the FBI probe started as a “hoax” and that exposing it could become one of the “crowning achievements” of his presidency.

“What we’ve done is a great service to the country, really,” Trump said in a 45-minute, wide-ranging interview in the Oval Office.

“I hope to be able to call this, along with tax cuts and regulation and all the things I’ve done ... in its own way this might be the most important thing because this was corrupt,” he said.

Trump also said he regretted not firing former FBI Director James Comey immediately instead of waiting until May 2017, confirming an account his lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, gave Hill.TV earlier in the day that Trump was dismayed in 2016 by the way Comey handled the Hillary Clinton email case and began discussing firing him well before he became president.

“If I did one mistake with Comey, I should have fired him before I got here. I should have fired him the day I won the primaries,” Trump said. “I should have fired him right after the convention, say I don’t want that guy. Or at least fired him the first day on the job. ... I would have been better off firing him or putting out a statement that I don’t want him there when I get there.”

Trump has offered different reasons in the past for his firing of the FBI chief, blaming Comey’s handling of the Clinton case but also linking it to Comey’s actions in the Russia investigation.

The president also called into question the FBI’s handling of the Russia investigation, again criticizing it for surveilling his campaign.

He criticizing the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) court’s approval of the warrant that authorized surveillance of Carter Page, a low-level Trump campaign aide, toward the end of the 2016 presidential race, suggesting the FBI misled the court.

“They know this is one of the great scandals in the history of our country because basically what they did is, they used Carter Page, who nobody even knew, who I feel very badly for, I think he’s been treated very badly. They used Carter Page as a foil in order to surveil a candidate for the presidency of the United States.”

As for the judges on the secret intelligence court: “It looks to me, just based on your reporting, that they have been misled,” the president said, citing a series of columns in The Hill identifying shortcomings in the FBI investigation. “I mean I don’t think we have to go much further than to say that they’ve been misled.”

“One of the things I’m disappointed in is that the judges in FISA didn’t, don’t seem to have done anything about it. I’m very disappointed in that Now, I may be wrong because, maybe as we sit here and talk, maybe they’re well into it. We just don’t know that because I purposely have not chosen to get involved,” Trump said.

The president spared no words in criticizing Comey, former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, counterintelligence agent Peter Strzok, lawyer Lisa Page and other FBI officials who started the probe. He recited specific text messages Page and Strzok traded while having an affair and investigating his campaign, arguing the texts showed they condoned leaks and conducted a bogus probe.

Those texts are to be released as a result of Trump’s announcement on Monday.

“It’s a hoax, beyond a witch hunt,” he said.

Trump cited one text released recently in which Strzok and Page appear to discuss getting McCabe to approve an expansion of the Russia case right after Comey is fired.

“Comey was a bad guy. He gets fired. They only have Andy left because they know they’re doing wrong,” the president said in describing how he felt wronged by the FBI.

He denounced the FBI for leaking to create what he said was a false narrative against him, saying it appeared to be an “insurance policy” to destroy his presidency if he won.

“Number one, how illegal is it? And number two, how low is it?” he said.

“What we have now is an insurance policy,” the president said. “But it has been totally discredited, even Democrats agree that it has been discredited. They are not going to admit to it, but it has been totally discredited. I think, frankly, more so by text than by documents.”

Trump said he had not read the documents he ordered declassified but said he expected to show they would prove the FBI case started as a political “hoax.”

“I have had many people ask me to release them. Not that I didn’t like the idea but I wanted to wait, I wanted to see where it was all going,” he said.

In the end, he said, his goal was to let the public decide by seeing the documents that have been kept secret for more than two years. “All I want to do is be transparent,” he said.

Asked what he thought the outcome of his long-running fight with the FBI, the president said: “I hope to be able put this up as one of my crowning achievements that I was able to ... expose something that is truly a cancer in our country.”

The Hill
“The fundamental cause of the trouble in the modern world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.”— Bertrand Russell
pi_182009261
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 19 september 2018 16:01 schreef westwoodblvd het volgende:
De FBI kan letterlijk in één week de betrokkenen interviewen (en liegen tegen FBI is strafbaar) en dan een rapport instellen. Dan heb je een feitelijke basis voor een hearing. Maar het moet allemaal snel, snel, snel.
Waarom is dit een zaak voor de FBI en niet voor lokale politie? Is aanranding of verkrachting een federal crime?

Edit: de FBI zou achtergrondinformatie kunnen vergaren voor de hoorzitting, blijkbaar.

[ Bericht 6% gewijzigd door #ANONIEM op 19-09-2018 17:27:53 ]
pi_182009305
quote:
7s.gif Op woensdag 19 september 2018 17:25 schreef Sloggi het volgende:

[..]

Waarom is dit een zaak voor de FBI en niet voor lokale politie? Is aanranding of verkrachting een federal crime?

Edit: de FBI zou achtergrondinformatie kunnen vergaren voor de hoorzitting, blijkbaar.
Omdat het een federale benoeming betreft. Strafrechtelijk is het sowieso al verjaard.
pi_182009314
quote:
7s.gif Op woensdag 19 september 2018 17:11 schreef ExtraWaskracht het volgende:

[..]

Obligaat:
NateSilver538 twitterde op woensdag 19-09-2018 om 16:09:59 I suppose I feel obligated to point out that Beto's back to 1 in 3 now after a new Ipsos poll showing him ahead by 2 points. (This is the problem with tweeting about individual polls.) https://t.co/xgjtOxrzdZ reageer retweet
Als je het gemiddelde neemt kom je op het RCP average van Cruz +3/4 uit. Zal wel ongeveer kloppen.
pi_182009684
‘Carter Page Is a Very Unlikely GOP Hero’

President Trump and House Republicans are declassifying documents to allege the campaign aide was spied on by Hillary Clinton partisans, but the FBI had been investigating Page’s ties to Russian intelligence for years.

quote:
Intelligence and law-enforcement veterans broadly agree that President Donald Trump’s latest directive to the FBI and Justice Department—issued after much urging from a small group of his GOP supporters in Congress—to declassify portions of a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (fisa) warrant and other documents that are part of the ongoing Russia investigation is remarkable.

“This appears to be an unprecedented use of the president’s discretionary authority to declassify information for purely partisan political reasons,” said David Laufman, a former high-ranking DOJ official who served as the chief of the Counterintelligence and Export Control Section before leaving in February. “I believe it raises the resignation issue more forcefully than anything the president has done so far,” said John McLaughlin, a former acting director of the CIA.

But one of the more bizarre subplots in the ongoing saga of Trump and House Republicans condemning alleged “deep state” corruption has been the martyrdom of Carter Page—a former Trump campaign adviser suspected by the FBI of acting as a foreign agent for Russia, and the subject of the fisa warrants that Trump and his allies now want declassified. “Carter Page is a very unlikely GOP hero,” Democratic Congressman Adam Schiff, the ranking member of the House Intelligence Committee, told me. “But there’s a desperation by Republicans to cast the initiation of the Russia investigation as illegitimate. And that includes creating a completely different story around Carter Page.”

One month before the 2016 election, the FBI applied for a fisa warrant to surveil Page, which House Republicans—led by Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes—have tried repeatedly to characterize as but one part of a politically motivated spying operation targeting innocent Trump campaign associates carried out by the Obama administration and its holdovers, justified by nothing more than raw intelligence collected by a former British intelligence agent named Christopher Steele. The warrant application needs to be fully declassified, Nunes told Fox News on Monday, so that the public can “really understand just how broad and invasive this investigation has been to many Americans, and how unfair it has been.”

SPOILER
Om spoilers te kunnen lezen moet je zijn ingelogd. Je moet je daarvoor eerst gratis Registreren. Ook kun je spoilers niet lezen als je een ban hebt.
pi_182010483
quote:
1s.gif Op woensdag 19 september 2018 17:29 schreef westwoodblvd het volgende:

[..]

Als je het gemiddelde neemt kom je op het RCP average van Cruz +3/4 uit. Zal wel ongeveer kloppen.
Daarbij is dan weer de vraag in hoeverre zo'n gemiddelde recente trends oppakt. Het kan zijn dat één van de twee recente outliers die trend wel goed oppikt bijvoorbeeld. Als het LV's zijn is het de vraag in hoeverre de modellen dat accuraat voorspellen, wat ook een fors verschil op kan leveren in peilingresultaten.
Volkorenbrood: "Geen quotes meer in jullie sigs gaarne."
pi_182010592
quote:
1s.gif Op woensdag 19 september 2018 18:32 schreef Monolith het volgende:

[..]

Daarbij is dan weer de vraag in hoeverre zo'n gemiddelde recente trends oppakt. Het kan zijn dat één van de twee recente outliers die trend wel goed oppikt bijvoorbeeld. Als het LV's zijn is het de vraag in hoeverre de modellen dat accuraat voorspellen, wat ook een fors verschil op kan leveren in peilingresultaten.
Iedere trend begint natuurlijk met een outlier. Alleen kunnen we nu nog niet weten wat die trend (if any) is. :?
pi_182010690
quote:
1s.gif Op woensdag 19 september 2018 18:42 schreef westwoodblvd het volgende:

[..]

Iedere trend begint natuurlijk met een outlier. Alleen kunnen we nu nog niet weten wat die trend (if any) is. :?
Dat klopt, maar het ging mij meer om het feit dat daarmee niet direct gezegd is dat het gemiddelde van de polls over de afgelopen één of twee maanden de meest accurate indicator zou zijn van hoe de zaak er nu voor staat.
pi_182010791
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 19 september 2018 18:48 schreef Monolith het volgende:

[..]

Dat klopt, maar het ging mij meer om het feit dat daarmee niet direct gezegd is dat het gemiddelde van de polls over de afgelopen één of twee maanden de meest accurate indicator zou zijn van hoe de zaak er nu voor staat.
Nee, true. Alhoewel ik +9 en -2 voor Cruz allebei wat extreem vind 'voelen' gebaseerd op alle andere feiten dus dan kom je wel ongeveer ergens daar uit.
pi_182011472

8-)
pi_182011597
quote:
Op dinsdag 18 september 2018 23:23 schreef Ulx het volgende:
Kavanaughty?
Kavanova.
pi_182012756
SethAbramson twitterde op woensdag 19-09-2018 om 16:50:02 (THREAD) Trump's allies in Congress desperately want reporters to start asking questions about Carter Page's time on the Trump campaign. As it happens, so do I. Please RETWEET this thread—which asks some of the major outstanding questions about Page and Trump and demands answers. https://t.co/ZKKGDaqwaj reageer retweet
pi_182014263
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 19 september 2018 14:00 schreef Ulx het volgende:
reinabori twitterde op dinsdag 18-09-2018 om 15:52:47 I graduated from Holton Arms, and knew both Brett Kavanaugh and Mark Judge. Christine Blasey Ford was a year or so behind me, I remember her. I signed this letter. The incident was spoken about for days afterwords in school. Kavanaugh should stop lying, own up to it and apologize https://t.co/Ah24yKuMpz reageer retweet
Als dit klopt -en waarom niet- is het logisch dat de GOP geen onderzoek door de FBI wil. Die zullen uiteraard met schoolgenoten gaan praten om te kijken of dit inderdaad al rond 1980 besproken werd.

quote:
King has since taken down her Facebook post, which NBC News verified as having appeared on her account. She said on Twitter that she deleted it "because it served its purpose and I am now dealing with a slew of requests for interviews … Organizing how I want to proceed. Was not ready for that, not sure I am interested in pursuing. Thanks for reading."

NBC
pi_182014304
nytimes twitterde op woensdag 19-09-2018 om 18:30:16 When Trump announced the U.S. would withdraw from the Iran deal, experts feared it would hurt the economy and leave Iran free to restart its nuclear program. But, so far, the policy has been effective without either of those consequences. https://t.co/vIRLdv4gSd reageer retweet
Trump had het toch weer even beter bekeken dan... de rest van de wereld.
  woensdag 19 september 2018 @ 21:10:34 #142
44703 ExtraWaskracht
Laat maar lekker draaien
pi_182014343
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 19 september 2018 21:08 schreef Nintex het volgende:
nytimes twitterde op woensdag 19-09-2018 om 18:30:16 When Trump announced the U.S. would withdraw from the Iran deal, experts feared it would hurt the economy and leave Iran free to restart its nuclear program. But, so far, the policy has been effective without either of those consequences. https://t.co/vIRLdv4gSd reageer retweet
Trump had het toch weer even beter bekeken dan... de rest van de wereld.
Dankzij de rest van de wereld ja, die de deal nog intact houden. Waar is Trumps betere deal dan?
pi_182014357
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 19 september 2018 21:10 schreef ExtraWaskracht het volgende:

[..]

Dankzij de rest van de wereld ja, die de deal nog intact houden.
Dat was ook mijn eerste gedachte.
in a crowd you lose humanity
  woensdag 19 september 2018 @ 21:27:02 #144
273703 MangoTree
I wish I had...
pi_182014761
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 19 september 2018 19:22 schreef Nintex het volgende:
[ afbeelding ]

8-)
:D
2019: The Great Awakening
pi_182014917
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 19 september 2018 21:27 schreef MangoTree het volgende:

[..]

:D
quote:
“Got it?” Trump said as he handed two meals to a person in a car, adding: “Have a good time.”

The comment caused one MSNBC reporter to speak out off camera.

“I think he just said have a good time!” the reporter gasped.
_O-

JStein_WaPo twitterde op woensdag 19-09-2018 om 14:46:43 Congress votes 93-7 to approve $607B military budget, a $17B increase, @ericawerner reportsThis appears to be the biggest military budget outside height of the Iraq WarNo votes: 6 conservatives (Paul, Toomey, Sasse, Lee, Flake, Perude), & Sen. Sandershttps://t.co/0gOTkZsMRt reageer retweet
ART OF THE DEAL

Biggest military budget in 'peace time'. :7

[ Bericht 41% gewijzigd door Nintex op 19-09-2018 21:37:35 ]
pi_182015105
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 19 september 2018 21:10 schreef ExtraWaskracht het volgende:

[..]

Dankzij de rest van de wereld ja, die de deal nog intact houden. Waar is Trumps betere deal dan?
Het stuk gaat ook alleen over het feit dat de olieprijzen niet fors zijn gestegen. Dat was toch ook helemaal niet waarom men bezwaar maakte tegen de nieuwe sancties?
  woensdag 19 september 2018 @ 21:43:55 #147
44703 ExtraWaskracht
Laat maar lekker draaien
pi_182015281
quote:
1s.gif Op woensdag 19 september 2018 21:38 schreef Monolith het volgende:

[..]

Het stuk gaat ook alleen over het feit dat de olieprijzen niet fors zijn gestegen. Dat was toch ook helemaal niet waarom men bezwaar maakte tegen de nieuwe sancties?
Volgens mij was de hoofdzaak van het zijn tegen de sancties dat het de bestaande deal onder druk zou zetten. Echt economische problemen voor onze eigen economie of die van de VS kan ik me zo geen mening van herinneren... hoewel dat in deze tijd niet veel zegt.
pi_182015332
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 19 september 2018 21:32 schreef Nintex het volgende:

[..]

[..]

_O-

JStein_WaPo twitterde op woensdag 19-09-2018 om 14:46:43 Congress votes 93-7 to approve $607B military budget, a $17B increase, @ericawerner reportsThis appears to be the biggest military budget outside height of the Iraq WarNo votes: 6 conservatives (Paul, Toomey, Sasse, Lee, Flake, Perude), & Sen. Sandershttps://t.co/0gOTkZsMRt reageer retweet
ART OF THE DEAL

Biggest military budget in 'peace time'. :7
zo even wat aandacht voor Nintex. Nu lekker slapen hoor.
pi_182015372
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 19 september 2018 21:43 schreef ExtraWaskracht het volgende:

[..]

Volgens mij was de hoofdzaak van het zijn tegen de sancties dat het de bestaande deal onder druk zou zetten. Echt economische problemen voor onze eigen economie of die van de VS kan ik me zo geen mening van herinneren... hoewel dat in deze tijd niet veel zegt.
Ging hoofdzakelijk om de Irandeal ja en dan met name om zaken als de controle en grip op het Iraanse kernprogramma.
  woensdag 19 september 2018 @ 21:49:35 #150
44703 ExtraWaskracht
Laat maar lekker draaien
pi_182015446
quote:
1s.gif Op woensdag 19 september 2018 21:46 schreef Monolith het volgende:

[..]

Ging hoofdzakelijk om de Irandeal ja en dan met name om zaken als de controle en grip op het Iraanse kernprogramma.
Opvallend genoeg is dit van dezelfde auteur: https://www.nytimes.com/2(...)=4&pgtype=collection

Dus naja, hij is er in ieder geval niet vies van om terug te komen op wat hij zelf eerder geschreven heeft I guess?
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')