abonnement Unibet Coolblue
pi_175760962
Sorry for the English...

Can anybody tell me how to take apart the steel frame for the glass window above my door frame - it's an internal door with the window above which seems to be popular in dutch houses? I'm trying to get the glass out, preferably without breaking it. I've taken the retaining strips from the side of the frame out but I have no clue how the rest of it comes apart..
pi_175760998
quote:
0s.gif Op zaterdag 16 december 2017 13:46 schreef Nietvanhere het volgende:
Sorry for the English...

Can anybody tell me how to take apart the steel frame for the glass window above my door frame - it's an internal door with the window above which seems to be popular in dutch houses? I'm trying to get the glass out, preferably without breaking it. I've taken the retaining strips from the side of the frame out but I have no clue how the rest of it comes apart..
Maybe a picture will help us understand it better.
pi_175761279
Normally if you take out the strips that hold the glass, you can just take out the glass itself. Maybe it's a bit stuck after all these years, but it should just come out without too much effort.
Don't let my username fool you...
pi_175761609
quote:
1s.gif Op zaterdag 16 december 2017 13:47 schreef mootie het volgende:

[..]

Maybe a picture will help us understand it better.
I'll see if I can upload somthing.
pi_175761648
quote:
0s.gif Op zaterdag 16 december 2017 13:59 schreef Metalfreak het volgende:
Normally if you take out the strips that hold the glass, you can just take out the glass itself. Maybe it's a bit stuck after all these years, but it should just come out without too much effort.
It's definitely not stuck - the glass is loose, but it seems the edge strips weren't really doing anything. The glass is locked into the top and bottom strips of steel frame. It looks like one of these needs to come out to take the glass out. But I have no idea how they come out and am trying not to break anything in the process of finding out! Perhaps the top strip just falls out but is still in place from years of accumulated paint...
pi_175761693
Why not putting a piece of thinn plywood mdf at both sides?h
The road goes on forever
pi_175761746
quote:
0s.gif Op zaterdag 16 december 2017 14:21 schreef Nietvanhere het volgende:

[..]

It's definitely not stuck - the glass is loose, but it seems the edge strips weren't really doing anything. The glass is locked into the top and bottom strips of steel frame.
There could be springs in the bottom strip. Try pulling/sliding the glass down. If it comes down far enough you can tilt the window out.

It's possible the top strip isn't attached at all, so beware it may come loose with the glass.

If this doesn't work, try pushing/sliding the glass to the top.
pi_175761781
quote:
1s.gif Op zaterdag 16 december 2017 14:28 schreef XanderH het volgende:

[..]

There could be springs in the bottom strip. Try pulling/sliding the glass down. If it comes down far enough you can tilt the window out.

It's possible the top strip isn't attached at all, so beware it may come loose with the glass.

If this doesn't work, try pushing/sliding the glass to the top.
I've looked for that already, as that would be the normal way these things are done. But can't find that doesn't appear to be the case here. I'm really thinking the top needs to be removed directly...
pi_175761927
Best pics I can do. Not sure if they will embed so have linked as well..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YZDkxPaJCMvCe60U2

zaterdag 16 december 2017 @ 14:40:52 #10
132767 lipje
zeg maar nee, krijg je er twee
pi_175761945
Try slidings the top side pieces a luttele bit. In the sides you can loosen the steel frame, then slude down the top part of the side and you can take out the glass with the top beam.
Return of the Unox-muts
Bezitter van een burgerbak Voorheen Alfist
verrekte koekwaus :')
Pappa van Aafke en Onno
pi_175762019
Don't worry - I got it! It took a hammer on the top strip and it slowly slid out. It seems the side retaining strips are there to prevent the whole assembly coming out but it was glued in by the paint!

Thanks for all your help anyway - at least it made me think about it a little more!
pi_175762088
Well done!
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')