Mua, genoeg groeperingen die verboden zijn in Europa.quote:Op maandag 23 september 2013 16:21 schreef Breekfast het volgende:
[..]
Tot zover de democratie in Egypte.
quote:Representatives of the 'No to Military Trials for Civilians' group took part in a consultation session with the sub-committee regulating freedom and rights on behalf of the 50-member constitutional amendment committee on Monday.
Ragia Omran, a human rights lawyer and a founding member of the group, told Ahram Online that they demanded article 198 of the constitution be amended.
Article 198 of the currently dissolved 2012 constitution dictates that civilians are not to be tried before military courts, except for crimes that include direct assault on the armed forces, which are specified by law. The jurisdiction of military courts is also determined by law.
No to Military Trials are demanding that the law is altered, so that military courts are only concerned with crimes committed by members of the armed forces, a suggestion that Omran says was agreed on by some of the 20 members of the constitution committee in attendance at Monday's meeting.
“Some of the attendees agreed with our demand to prohibit military trials for civilians with no exception, however there were also others who agreed but said there should be an exception for those who attack military institutes or vehicles,” said Omran, who stressed that her group is vehemently against “exceptions,” as it is used to legitimise the military trials of civilians.
The human rights lawyer, who has been recently appointed as a member of the National Council for Human Rights, also pointed out that the controversial article was not included in the annulled 1971 constitution, and that it was added to the 2012 constitution drafted under the rule of Mohamed Morsi.
Omran added the group has requested a new article is added to the constitution to grant compensation, including the right to sue, to civilians who have faced military trial since the rule of Hosni Mubarak until today.
Several Egyptian human rights organisations have condemned the military trials of civilians, saying that around 60 convictions have been passed by army tribunals since Morsi's ouster on 3 July this year.
On 3 September a military court sentenced a Muslim Brotherhood member to life in prison for violence targeting the army in the port city of Suez last month. Forty-eight other members received sentences of between 5 to 15 years in prison.
In addition, Sinai-based reporter Ahmed Abu Deraa is currently on trial in a military court for charges of photographing the Suez Canal and other prohibited sites, in addition to trespassing on military land without a permit.
On Monday, Egyptian Foreign Minister Nabil Fahmy assured his American counterpart John Kerry that civilians arrested during recent protests across Egypt would not face military trials.
NU.nlquote:Tientallen doden en reeks arrestaties Egypte
Zeker 34 mensen zijn zondag gedood bij botsingen tussen aanhangers van de Moslimbroederschap, die op de hand zijn van de afgezette president Mohamed Mursi, en veiligheidstroepen. Ruim 200 mensen raakten gewond.
Bovendien zijn circa 200 aanhangers van de Moslimbroederschap aangehouden, aldus de Egyptische autoriteiten.
Zowel aanhangers als tegenstanders van Mursi zijn de straat opgegaan om de Jom Kippoeroorlog tegen Israël van 1973 te herdenken.
De autoriteiten hadden vooraf aangekondigd dat ze een nieuwe confrontatie niet uit de weg zouden gaan, als de moslimbroeders de wet zouden overtreden of geweld zouden gebruiken. De meeste doden vielen in de hoofdstad Caïro.
Abdel Fattah al-Sisi
De tegenstanders van de afgezette president liepen onder meer met portretten van legerleider Abdel Fattah al-Sisi op het Tahrirplein in de hoofdstad Caïro. Aanhangers probeerden ook op het Tahrirplein te komen. De politie gebruikte traangas om de leden van de Moslimbroederschap uiteen te drijven. De aanhangers van Mursi bekogelden de ordetroepen vervolgens met stenen, aldus getuigen.
Ook in andere steden zijn mensen de straat opgegaan. In Delga, circa 300 kilometer ten zuiden van Caïro, viel een dode. Datzelfde gebeurde in Bani Suef, circa 80 kilometer van de hoofdstad.
Het leger moet eens leren dat ze niet meer in de jaren 60 leven. Hopelijk kunnen ze de rechten wegnemen van het leger.quote:A subcommittee created by Egypt's constitution-amending body to resolve outstanding disagreements regarding military related articles failed to complete its task within the allocated one-week timeframe and will meet again after the Eid Al-Adha holidays.
Hoda El-Sadda, head of the Rights and Freedoms Committee, said in a press conference that representatives from the 50-member constitutional committee and the Egyptian Armed Forces failed to reach an agreement on articles dealing with military trials and the appointment of the defence minister.
Army representatives have demanded that the constitution give the military the authority to name the defence minister through the next two presidential terms.
In September, constitutional committee members proposed to remove the article that requires the approval of the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces (SCAF) – the Egyptian military's governing body – in order to appoint a defence minister.
The thorny issue of military trials for civilians has also stalled the subcommittee's work. While the under-amendment 2012 constitution allows civilians to appear before military court, opponents within the committee are seeking to limit its clout or prohibit the practice altogether.
El-Sadda said both parties within the subcommittee are refusing to compromise, and that they have decided to continue the discussion after the Eid Al-Adha holidays this week.
Sources told Al-Ahram's Arabic website that military representatives refused a sub-committee proposal to create special civilian courts to prosecute attackers of military facilities. According to the 2012 charter, perpetrators of this crime would be tried in front of a military tribunal.
Military representatives also rejected suggestions that civilians face military trials only in the case of terrorism or direct assault on military personnel. Proposals that the constitution completely ban military trials for civilians were similarly rejected.
Representatives from the constitutional committee refused proposals by army representatives that the constitution explicitly detail potential crimes against the army. The constitutional committee representatives argued that this is unconventional in modern democratic constitutions, Al-Ahram's Arabic website reported.
Amr El-Shobaki, a member of the military-related articles subcommittee, said that the problem lies in the military's view that Egypt is facing abnormal circumstances.
The amended draft of the 2012 constitution was supposed to be completed this week, but has been postponed due to internal disagreements such as those regarding military articles.
After the popularly-backed military ouster of former Islamist president Mohamed Morsi in July, the interim government initiated a transitional roadmap to guide the country until presidential elections are held. The 2012 constitution, which was drawn up by an Islamist-dominated constituent assembly during Morsi's rule, is being amended as part of that roadmap.
quote:Negatief reisadvies voor Egypte
Nederland • Geplaatst door Redactie op 16-10-2013 @ 18:41
Het ministerie voor Buitenlandse Zaken heeft het reisadvies voor Egypte aangescherpt. Alle reizen naar de Sinaï en naar de kust van de Rode Zee en de Golf van Akaba worden 'ten sterkste ontraden' vanwege de kans op terroristische aanslagen.
Het ministerie meldt dat er 'een reële dreiging is van terroristische aanslagen in het gehele land'. Voor wat betreft reizen naar de Sinaï geldt daarbij in het bijzonder een dreiging voor het vliegverkeer naar en van hotelresorts gelegen aan de kust van de Rode Zee en de Golf van Akaba. Ook alle niet-essentiele reizen naar Egypte met een andere bestemming dan de Sinaï worden ontraden.
En dat net voor de herfstvakantie ...quote:
Ja echt he.quote:Op donderdag 17 oktober 2013 01:37 schreef Joost-mag-het-weten het volgende:
[..]
En dat net voor de herfstvakantie ...
Bronquote:Egypt's 50-member committee tasked with amending the suspended 2012 constitution adopted on Sunday a transitional article that will cancel existing restrictions regulating the building of new churches.
The committee also adopted article 47, which stipulates "absolute freedom of belief" for all Egyptian citizens and endows the state with the responsibility to ensure free practice of religion.
quote:Op zondag 27 oktober 2013 20:16 schreef rakotto het volgende:
Breaking: Constitution committee eliminates all barriers to building churches in Egypt
[..]
Bron
De meeste mensen in Egypte zal het niet boeien. De enigen die er problemen mee zullen hebben zullen misschien de Salafisten en de broederschap zijn.quote:Op zondag 27 oktober 2013 20:49 schreef Joost-mag-het-weten het volgende:
[..]![]()
(maar of dat algemeen goed ontvangen zal worden in Egypte is een andere vraag natuurlijk)
De redenering van het leger zal ook wel zijn: hoe meer kerken , hoe minder moslimbroeders , zeker ?quote:Op zondag 27 oktober 2013 20:56 schreef rakotto het volgende:
[..]
De meeste mensen in Egypte zal het niet boeien. De enigen die er problemen mee zullen hebben zullen misschien de Salafisten en de broederschap zijn.
quote:Egyptische rechters stappen uit proces Moslimbroederschap
Egyptische rechters hebben zich dinsdag teruggetrokken van het proces tegen leiders van de Moslimbroederschap. Volgens een medewerker van de rechtbank voelden ze zich "ongemakkelijk".
De advocaat van Mohamed Badie, de leider van de Moslimbroederschap, zei dat de rechters onder druk stonden om het proces te voeren in de Tora-gevangenis, waar de verdachten zijn opgesloten.
"De rechters hebben dit geweigerd, maar de druk hield aan", zei advocaat Mustafa Attiya. "Dit is geen proces, maar een farce", voegde hij eraan toe.
De rechters trokken zich dinsdag terug voor de tweede zitting in het proces. Door hun stap moet het proces weer van voren af aan beginnen.
Wilders is weer eens bezig.quote:Op zondag 24 november 2013 19:38 schreef Baklava95 het volgende:
Echt niemand reageert meer in het Egypte-topic. anders was het in zijn hoogtijdagen in juli en augustus.
Alleen is de angst-barriere weg onder de mensen en komt deze nooit meer terug.quote:
twitter:Farfahinne twitterde op dinsdag 26-11-2013 om 19:11:02الشرطة مش بس بتتحرش بالبنات وبالرجالة كمان #EgyPolice #pigs sexually harass a guy after harassing women protestors https://t.co/o54CDMdcG0 reageer retweet
Het regime van Sisi komt gaat ook wel een keer vallen. De vraag is niet of maar wanneer.quote:Op dinsdag 26 november 2013 19:09 schreef rakotto het volgende:
[..]
Alleen is de angst-barriere weg onder de mensen en komt deze nooit meer terug.
Mubarak, Tantawi en Morsi zijn door "veiligheid" ten onder gebracht. Als dit zo langer doorgaat, dan zal Sisi niet anders meemaken.
De MB zullen niet gauw weer een rol spelen in Egypte. De andere groepen buiten de Salafisten zullen ook niet gauw met de broeders gaan samenwerken denk ik zo.quote:Op dinsdag 26 november 2013 20:39 schreef Baklava95 het volgende:
[..]
Het regime van Sisi komt gaat ook wel een keer vallen. De vraag is niet of maar wanneer.
Maar niet onder het mom van "veiligheid" maar door een massale opstand van Moslimbroeders en Salafisten met nog een andere grote groep Egyptenaren die ontevreden zijn geworden over het bewind van Sisi
quote:A huge explosion hit the Daqahliya security directorate early on Tuesday in Mansoura, Nile Delta, killing at least eight and injuring 85 in what seems to be the worst explosion yet since the ouster of Islamist president Mohamed Morsi.
The injury and death tolls, which are expected to soar with eyewitnesses saying causalities are still inside the damaged building, were revealed by Hisham Masoud, General Manager of Mansoura’s hospitals.
The head of Mansoura's security directorate was among the injured, Daqahliya governor Omar El-Shawadfy told Egypt's state television.
Al-Ahram’s Arabic site quoted an anonymous security source as saying that two bombs went off almost at the same time. The first bomb, he says, was planted in a higher floor in the building, the second in a car next to the security directorate.
A third bomb planted in another car was defused, the source added.
Photos of the Daqahliya security directorate were posted on Al-Ahram’s Arabic site shortly after the blast, showing the exterior walls of the building badly damaged. Vehicles parked in the area were also destroyed.
A good number of bombings have been executed across Egypt since the ouster of Islamist president Morsi on 3 July.
On 24 July, an explosive device went off at a police station near the security directorate in Mansoura, killing at least one conscript and injuring 19.
On 5 September, Egypt's Interior Minister Mohamed Ibrahim survived an assassination attempt when a bomb detonated near his convoy in northeast Cairo.
Numerous police stations were also attacked across the country in the immediate aftermath of the bloody crackdown on pro-Morsi sit-ins in August. Attacks are always blamed on suspected Islamists incensed at his removal.
Ansar Jerusalem, or Ansar Beit al-Maqdis as the group is known, has claimed responsibility for some of the attacks, including the attempt to assassinate the interior minister.
| Forum Opties | |
|---|---|
| Forumhop: | |
| Hop naar: | |