abonnement Unibet Coolblue
  PR en moderator vrijdag 27 maart 2020 @ 21:55:41 #276
288245 crew  Moira
Heeft al lang geen punt meer.
pi_192310949
quote:
14s.gif Op vrijdag 27 maart 2020 20:56 schreef Cobra4 het volgende:
Zondag a.s. 29 maart:

We know a lot of you will be stuck at home during this worrying time, and it's hard not to feel anxious and unsettled. So, we'd like to invite you to join us in a ritual we have followed for over 25 years, a small distraction to hopefully bring a little bit of comfort and cohesion. Watching Time Team at teatime. Let's all get together (online of course) and watch an episode - we'll announce which one 24 hours before. It'll be free, and we are going to run a Q&A on Facebook afterwards from 7pm, so that you can send us your questions about the show. Carenza Lewis and Neil Holbrook will be featuring, as well as Tim Taylor, with lots of unseen photos and some stories! Give this a share so that your friends and family can join in too! Stay safe x

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialTimeTeam/
omg _O_
Op zondag 12 maart 2023 00:29 schreef Nova het volgende:
Haha, Moira heeft gelijk!
  Eindredactie Frontpage / Forummod zondag 29 maart 2020 @ 00:17:58 #277
168091 crew  Cobra4
mr. Dkut
pi_192330717
❗TIME TEAM TEA TIME ANNOUNCEMENT ❗

We will be watching Cirencester: The Mosaic at the Bottom of the Garden (Series 7 Episode 2) at 6pm BST (not GMT, sorry!)

If you are in the UK, here is the link:
https://www.channel4.com/programmes/time-team/on-demand/27818-002

Worldwide fans will need to check the streaming services available in your specific territories. A simple online search should bring up available options. If that fails, the episode is on Youtube. However we are not allowed to share the direct link, as it is not an official source- but a quick search of 'Time Team S07E02 cirencester' should bring it up...

Meet us back here at 7pm for a live Q&A, behind the scenes exclusives and more from Carenza Lewis and Neil Holbrook!
"Any officer who goes into action without his sword is improperly dressed." - "Mad Jack" Churchill DSO MC
  Eindredactie Frontpage / Forummod zondag 29 maart 2020 @ 12:32:25 #278
168091 crew  Cobra4
mr. Dkut
pi_192335080
How To Do Archaeology (April 2020)

Always wanted to try archaeology? We’ve decided to open up our Virtual Fieldschool so that archaeology-fans around the world can come together and learn the ins and outs of archaeological excavation for FREE!

With so many of us stuck at home, we wanted to make sure that all you have-a-dig-heroes can still get down and dirty with your archaeological field skills. There’s plenty of try-at-home activities to keep you busy, plus you’ll get to chat with the DigVentures team and join forces with other students around the world to work your way through the six stages of an excavation – from choosing where to dig, to what happens to everything you find.

It’s endorsed by the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists, so as well as having loads of fun, you’ll actually come away equipped with the basic knowledge that underpins every excavation!

Starts: Tuesday, 14th April 2020
Duration: Six weeks. Each week, you’ll get an email prompting you to start a new chapter and you’ll be able to access all the content until 31 May 2020.
Cost: FREE! Please note our booking system may still ask for payment details, but won’t charge you anything – we promise!

Learn Core Skills

What do you need to do before, during, and after your dig to ensure the proper standards and methods are used? What’s the point of drawing in the age of digital? What’s with all the string, and funny red and white sticks in the trenches?

Digging is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to doing archaeology, and this course will also provide guidance on pre-excavation research, planning an excavation, running your dig, and the all-important post-excavation responsibilities and long-term care of your site archive. There’s helpful videos, hints and tips in every chapter, plus a section to help you dig deeper into each topic.

You can access the course materials from your desktop, tablet or smartphone

What will I learn?

Endorsed by the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists and based on the Archaeology Skills Passport, this course is tailored to teach you the end-to-end process of actually doing archaeology. How do you get started? What happens on site? What do you need to do after the trenches are closed and you’re done in the pub? We’ll explain:

What happens before excavationhow to locate and identify archaeological sitesthe different stages of an archaeological projectwhat happens in pre-excavation planning and researchwhat should be included in an archaeological Project DesignWhat happens during excavationhow to set up a trenchwhich tools to use, and what techniques are best practicehow to identify and recording what you findhow to recover artefacts and take environmental samplesWhat happens after the digging is finishedanalysis of the data and archaeological materialsinterpretation of the sitemaking the archaeological record accessiblewhat to do with an archaeological archiveHow does it work?

This six week course begins on the course start date at the top of the page – that’s when we’ll unlock your first chapter, and send you details of how to login.

After that, we’ll unlock a new chapter every Tuesday, and nudge you when it’s ready. You can do your chapters in bite-sized chunks, or in one whopper weekend sitting – whichever you prefer! At the end of each one, you’ll be able to prove your newfound knowledge in a quick quiz.

To help you along the way, we’ve also set up a Facebook Study Group for everyone on the course – it’s where you can say hello to your fellow classmates, discuss what you’re learning together, share your ideas and even call on the DigVentures team for help. It’s entirely optional, but we recommend joining – it will help you get the most out of the course!

*This course is endorsed by the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists

Course chapters

The course is structured into six chapters, taking you from the initial research to the operation of the archaeological site, backfilling, and beyond!

Chapter 1 - First steps

Chapter 2 - Stratigraphy starter

Chapter 3 - In context

Chapter 4 - Section perfection

Chapter 5 - Fabulous finds

Chapter 6 - Are you ready?

https://digventures.com/shop/how-to-do-archaeology/
"Any officer who goes into action without his sword is improperly dressed." - "Mad Jack" Churchill DSO MC
  Eindredactie Frontpage / Forummod donderdag 2 april 2020 @ 16:39:06 #279
168091 crew  Cobra4
mr. Dkut
  Eindredactie Frontpage / Forummod zondag 5 april 2020 @ 13:57:34 #280
168091 crew  Cobra4
mr. Dkut
pi_192461578
Time Team's Helen Geake on Metal Detecting

Once upon a time, archaeologists were against metal detecting and frowned upon it. Today, things are completely different and many now see detecting (and detectorists) as allies in the pursuit of uncovering the past.

This fascinating talk by Time Team's Helen Geake looks at what changed their minds, and why so many now embrace it.

It's showing tonight on our YouTube channel and is the perfect Sunday treat.

Tonight at 18:30 BST (GMT+1)

Eindredactie Frontpage / Forummod vrijdag 15 mei 2020 @ 17:22:06 #281
168091 crew  Cobra4
mr. Dkut
pi_193144739
  vrijdag 15 mei 2020 @ 17:36:06 #282
159092 Tyr80
Nani ka hoka ni?
pi_193144894
Staan allemaal op Youtube tegenwoordig he, kanaal van Reijer Zaaijer.

Die met die gouden munt was wel een verassing. En ben nog altijd op zoek naar die aflevering dat Phil lollig doet over dat Stewart zei dat ze iig geen steen gingen vinden en hup, is een leuk stukje...

Dank voor de presentaties, ziet er interessant uit, ga er 1 kijken.
"We aren't people, we are text." - Japanman Sakyusan -
pi_193356533
Leuk dat hier een (stormloop)topic voor is :Y Vorig jaar vanaf de zomer tot in het najaar de hele mik achter elkaar gekeken. Het was een stuk leuker dan ik had verwacht ^O^
  donderdag 28 mei 2020 @ 19:20:27 #284
159092 Tyr80
Nani ka hoka ni?
pi_193357692
Hier de voornoemde gold coin aflevering, eindelijk eens geen “three bricks makes a wall” etc.

"We aren't people, we are text." - Japanman Sakyusan -
  Eindredactie Frontpage / Forummod zondag 31 mei 2020 @ 16:45:18 #285
168091 crew  Cobra4
mr. Dkut
pi_193402968
  Eindredactie Frontpage / Forummod dinsdag 28 juli 2020 @ 17:11:21 #286
168091 crew  Cobra4
mr. Dkut
pi_194296696
  Eindredactie Frontpage / Forummod zaterdag 5 december 2020 @ 10:17:00 #287
168091 crew  Cobra4
mr. Dkut
pi_196560750

Nieuw leven voor Time Team!
  Moderator zaterdag 5 december 2020 @ 12:24:08 #288
42184 crew  DaMart
pi_196562684
quote:
4s.gif Op zaterdag 5 december 2020 10:17 schreef Cobra4 het volgende:

Nieuw leven voor Time Team!
*O*.

Zou leuk zijn als het plan lukt :Y.
Winterwonderland (een kerstverhaal) | Gevangen in sepia (kort verhaal)
Forumsmileys | Het is patat!
  Eindredactie Frontpage / Forummod zaterdag 5 december 2020 @ 15:45:52 #289
168091 crew  Cobra4
mr. Dkut
pi_196565632
quote:
1s.gif Op zaterdag 5 december 2020 12:24 schreef DaMart het volgende:

[..]

*O*.

Zou leuk zijn als het plan lukt :Y.
Ja! Zou geweldig zijn! O+
  Eindredactie Frontpage / Forummod zaterdag 5 december 2020 @ 19:26:10 #290
168091 crew  Cobra4
mr. Dkut
pi_196569013
twitter
pi_197720699
The £2million centrepiece of Henry VIII’s lost crown found under tree after 400 years

Paul Sims 29 Jan 2021, 21:30Updated: 30 Jan 2021, 7:20

The centrepiece of Henry VIII’s lost crown has been found under a tree by an amateur treasure hunter.
Kevin Duckett ended a 400-year-old mystery when he dug up the solid gold figurine in a Northamptonshire field.
The long-lost piece of the Tudor monarch's jewel-encrusted crown was found by an amateur metal detectorist
The 2½in-high, inch-wide piece, one of five on the Tudor crown, is now at the British Museum and could be worth £2million. Experts say the find is one of the most significant by an amateur.

The 500-year-old solid gold centrepiece of Henry VIII’s lost crown has been unearthed in a field

Thrilled Kevin, 49, unearthed it near Market Harborough and said: “At first I wondered if it was a crumpled foil dish from a 1970s Mr Kipling product, or even a gold milk bottle top. “I’d been there about 20 minutes and found nothing. “Then I got a very loud positive signal from my detector and started to dig down before spotting something. “It was lodged in the side of a hole just a few inches down. “I carefully removed it and knew by its colour and weight that it was solid gold. “I brushed off the soil and sat down in amazement. “The rush of adrenaline and the buzz of excitement started to flow through my body. “I was holding what appeared to be a heavy solid gold and enamelled figurine.”

Historians feared the relic was lost for good when Oliver Cromwell abolished the monarchy in 1649 and beheaded Charles I. Cromwell ordered the 7lb 6oz crown, valued by the then Parliament at £1,100, to be melted down, minted and sold as coins. Its 344 precious stones were sold separately while other parts of the crown were passed on intact never to be seen again. Kevin took his find home to Fleckney, Leics, cleaned it up and contacted his find liaison officer before starting his own research. He was certain the figure was of Henry VI, later proclaimed a Saint.

Kevin discovered SH — Saint Henry — inscribed on the bottom. By chance he had read an article detailing how Henry VIII altered his crown during his 36-year reign. Its five fleurs-de-lys — the decorative lily linked to royalty — were originally adorned with three figures of Christ, one of St George and one of the Virgin and Child.
Henry VIII removed the figures of Christ and replaced them with three saint kings of England: St Edmund, Edward the Confessor and Henry VI. He wore the crown at his 1509 coronation and when he married Anne of Cleves, the fourth of his six wives, in 1540. The headpiece was later used at the coronations of his children, Edward, Mary and Elizabeth, and then of James I and Charles I.

'SHEER EXCITEMENT'
Crucially, Charles I was stood with the crown in a 1631 portrait by artist Daniel Mytens. Charles fled Cromwell after the Battle of Naseby in 1645 and travelled the route where Kevin found his treasure. It is possible it became detached as Charles escaped, or he buried it to keep it from Cromwell.

In 2012, experts at the Historic Royal Palaces used the Mytens painting to create a replica of the crown and put it on display at Hampton Court Palace. Kevin said: “I’d seen the replica on YouTube and the tiny figures on the fleurs-de-lys but I couldn’t be sure. “I headed to the palace to find out. “I’ll never forget the sheer excitement as I got closer to the Grand Hall where the replica sat in all its glory. “I entered the room and my figurine’s identical twin was staring right at me.” Kevin, a detectorist for 20 years, said: “I’m very proud to have rediscovered it for the world to enjoy and study.

“Henry VIII is one of Britain’s most iconic kings.”
Lucy Worsley, chief curator at Historic Royal Palaces, said: “It’s great news that after centuries of subterranean slumber this little golden figure has been revealed once more. “It is tantalising to imagine its true history.”

Kevin’s find on the left compared to the one featured on the replica crown

The British Museum is continuing to research the piece. If verified, Kevin must offer it for sale to a museum at a price set by an independent board. The full story is featured in next month’s Treasure Hunting magazine.
Editor Julian Evan-Hart said: “It’s an extraordinary find. The case is pretty much cut and dried. All that’s required now is some form of official confirmation.”

link https://www.thesun.co.uk/(...)ound-tree-400-years/

Misschien niet het juiste topic, maar leek me wel gepast.
pi_197722922
Geweldige vondst! ^O^
Wie verwacht er nou echt iets van zulke historische waarde op zo'n praktisch willekeurige plek te vinden?

Hier is een filmpje over hoe in 2012 een replica is gemaakt van deze Tudor kroon, inclusief de drie heiligen. Het zijn best wel kleine figuurtjes eigenlijk.
  Eindredactie Frontpage / Forummod dinsdag 2 maart 2021 @ 17:30:28 #293
168091 crew  Cobra4
mr. Dkut
pi_198288009
  Eindredactie Frontpage / Forummod dinsdag 2 maart 2021 @ 17:31:17 #294
168091 crew  Cobra4
mr. Dkut
pi_198288019
  Eindredactie Frontpage / Forummod vrijdag 12 maart 2021 @ 21:33:36 #295
168091 crew  Cobra4
mr. Dkut
pi_198469336
twitter

Time Team set to return after fans of cult archaeology series raised funding for new episodes

*O* *O* *O* *O* *O* *O* *O*
  Moderator vrijdag 12 maart 2021 @ 21:47:05 #296
42184 crew  DaMart
pi_198469595
quote:
17s.gif Op vrijdag 12 maart 2021 21:33 schreef Cobra4 het volgende:
[ twitter ]

Time Team set to return after fans of cult archaeology series raised funding for new episodes

*O* *O* *O* *O* *O* *O* *O*
Ik las het op Facebook. Goed nieuws *O*.
  Eindredactie Frontpage / Forummod vrijdag 12 maart 2021 @ 22:10:35 #297
168091 crew  Cobra4
mr. Dkut
pi_198470106
quote:
0s.gif Op vrijdag 12 maart 2021 21:47 schreef DaMart het volgende:

[..]

Ik las het op Facebook. Goed nieuws *O*.
Ja! Super dat het gelukt is. Ik ben enorm benieuwd naar de eerste nieuwe aflevering.
  Moderator zaterdag 13 maart 2021 @ 20:04:07 #298
42184 crew  DaMart
pi_198482208
quote:
0s.gif Op vrijdag 12 maart 2021 22:10 schreef Cobra4 het volgende:

[..]

Ja! Super dat het gelukt is. Ik ben enorm benieuwd naar de eerste nieuwe aflevering.
Hier staat daar wat info over (gedeeltelijk achter betaalmuur):
https://www.thetimes.co.u(...)ess-castle-q068sb3bv
  Eindredactie Frontpage / Forummod donderdag 18 maart 2021 @ 17:06:14 #299
168091 crew  Cobra4
mr. Dkut
pi_198573392
  Eindredactie Frontpage / Forummod zondag 21 maart 2021 @ 19:43:36 #300
168091 crew  Cobra4
mr. Dkut
pi_198623930
En dan nu.....
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')