abonnement Unibet Coolblue
  donderdag 30 oktober 2008 @ 12:35:07 #1
67640 SaintOfKillers
Hold me closer, Tony Danza
pi_62807902
quote:
Mendes does Preacher!

It was starting to seem more likely that the Rapture would happen before a live-action version of the incredible comic series PREACHER would become flesh.

But Jesse Custer and his merry lunatic band might be coming after all, courtesy of director Sam Mendes and Columbia Pictures. The Oscar-winner (AMERICAN BEAUTY) will tackle the enthusiastically blasphemous DC/Vertigo comic (from by writer Garth Ennis and artist Steve Dillon), with an assist from producer of deafening entertainment Neal Moritz (STEALTH, XXX). Mendes is on the hunt for writers to adapt the sordid tale.

The PREACHER series, unquestionably one of the most compelling comic titles ever published, involves a rough-and-tumble Texan preacher who becomes imbued with the power of Genesis (the offspring of angel and demon). When he finds out God has left his post in Heaven, he takes off with his amateur assassin ex-girlfriend and an Irish vampire named Cassidy on a mission to make the Lord answer for his transgression. During their bizarre adventures they encounter various murderers and sodomites, the immortal Saint of Killers, and a secret paramilitary organization dedicated to protecting the bloodline of Christ.

A feature film version has literally been in the works for years, with TANK GIRL director Rachel Talalay long set to lens from an Ennis draft that incorporated the first few issues of the series to tell the origin of the characters and introduce the Saint of Killers and Arseface. Everyone from Ben Affleck to Johnny Depp to James Marsden had been rumored for the lead role of Jesse Custer, with names like Gary Oldman, Cameron Diaz and Sam Jackson being tossed around for the secondary players. It was most recently in the works as an HBO series (which it really needs) from GHOST RIDER director Mark Steven Johnson (which it really doesn't).
Ik voelde me geroepen om dit topic te openen aangezien ik hier toch mijn nick vandaan haalde .

Een Preacher-adaptie werd uiteraard al even vaak aangekondigd als een Watchmen film, dus zolang ze niet beginnen draaien, is dit allemaal onder voorbehoud, maar het is leuk nieuws, zeker met een naam als Mendes erbij.

Nu leent het bronmateriaal zich misschien wel beter tot een serie, maar als ik moet kiezen tussen een serie door die Johnson of een film van Mendes, dan kies ik toch dat laatste.
The average burglar breaks in and leaves clues everywhere. But not me. I'm completely clueless.
pi_62807925
Preacher = prediker = gelovig = wat ik niet ben = poes.
  donderdag 30 oktober 2008 @ 13:27:37 #3
69957 Lonewolf2003
Cool. Cool, cool, cool
pi_62809439
Goed nieuws. Al zag ik liever die HBO serie. Nu moeten ze zoveel leuks, wat er niet voordoet voor het grote verhaallijn, weglaten. Maar Mendes is natuurlijk een naam, die veel vertrouwen schept.

Preacher
  donderdag 30 oktober 2008 @ 14:10:46 #4
15132 SigmundFreud
...vertelt u wie u bent
pi_62810696
Ik ben benieuwd of in de film net zo veel zal worden gerookt als in de boeken.
Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit.
pi_63189322
quote:
Op donderdag 30 oktober 2008 12:35 schreef SlowCat het volgende:
Preacher = prediker = gelovig = wat ik niet ben = poes.
Preacher = total hardcore coolness!
There Is No Gravity.
The Earth Sucks.
--Brett Easton Ellis
pi_63191556
Preacher is echt iets wat ik al een heeele poos wil lezen maar nog nooit aan begonnen ben.

Zijn de verhalen handig verzamelt en goed verkrijgbaar in het engels? Of het de moeite waard is hoef ik niet te vragen
(phew for a minute there i lost myself i lost myself
  donderdag 13 november 2008 @ 15:07:10 #7
69957 Lonewolf2003
Cool. Cool, cool, cool
pi_63191702
Er zijn 9 tbp's. Die kan je vast wel bij bekende sites bestellen.
pi_63191943
Preacher rules!! Saddam Hopper dicks them all!!!
MANTRONIX???
Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation
  zaterdag 7 november 2009 @ 18:44:51 #9
67640 SaintOfKillers
pi_74488162
Nadat er een jaar helemaal niets is gebeurd met deze film, is er nu nieuws.

Nou ja, eigenlijk is ' t geen echt nieuws . John Cusack beweert dat hij een script voor deze film heeft gezien en dat hij wel geïnteresseerd is om Jesse of Cassidy te spelen. Wat dus eigenlijk helemaal niets betekent, maar het gaat over deze film, dus vooruit.

Iemand als Cusack lijkt me toch een hippe naam voor dit project. Zou ook voor Cusack zelf wel tof zijn, 10 jaar terug een hoop leuke rollen gehad, maar sindsdien een beetje in de middelmatigheid weggezakt en kan wel een boost gebruiken.
The average burglar breaks in and leaves clues everywhere. But not me. I'm completely clueless.
  dinsdag 13 april 2010 @ 08:22:40 #10
67640 SaintOfKillers
pi_80252536
quote:
AN UPDATE ON THE PREACHER MOVIE, NOW WITHOUT A DIRECTOR

Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon's comic PREACHER is easily one of the greatest self-contained stories ever to exist in the format, but it's been a hard road to feature film.

In the past decade or more, an adaptation was in the works with Rachel Talalay (TANK GIRL) directing, Kevin Smith producing and James Marsden starring. When that languished in the fiery pits of Development Hell, it ultimately resurfaced as a planned HBO series that would theoretically deliver the entire 66-issue run rather than just a condensed version. That fell apart, but Oscar-winning director Sam Mendes (AMERICAN BEAUTY, ROAD TO PERDITION) and screenwriter John August (CHARLIE'S ANGELS, most of Tim Burton's recent output) picked up the pieces for another crack at a movie.

Now producer Neal Moritz (THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS) gives an update to Collider, pointing out that the director's chair is now unoccupied: "We now have a terrific script that John August wrote. We were originally talking with Sam Mendes about doing the movie. Sam Mendes is going to go off and do the Bond movie, so there’s another director that we’re talking to right now."

"We’ve got a great script," Moritz continues. "John August wrote a script that I think is terrific. The hardest thing was with all the books-the Preacher books-was how to distill it down. And what he made the smart decision instead of trying to cram everything into one, there’s plenty of room for 2 or 3 movies. So that’s what he’s done and he’s done a really faithful adaption but made it probably more accessible to a broader audience right now. That movie’s definitely R-rated and it’s an amazing central character."

Moritz also drops a hint that August himself is keen to direct (he made his debut on the Ryan Reynolds indie THE NINES), but that it's only a discussion at the moment.

For those unfamiliar, the DC/Vertigo book followed a pugilistic young Texas preacher Jesse Custer, who loses his faith, becomes infused with the power of angel/demon offspring, meets up with his amateur assassin ex-girlfriend Tulip and Irish vampire Cassidy, and sets off on a road trip in order to kick God's ass. The initial part of the PREACHER run introduces the mismatched trio and begins their bizarre adventures as they encounter various murderers and sodomites, a mangled rocker nicknamed Arseface, the immortal Saint of Killers, and a secret paramilitary organization dedicated to protecting the bloodline of Christ.
Het gesukkel met de film blijft maar duren. Ik weet ook niet of ik "Geschreven door de schrijver van Charlie's Angels!" wel een goed idee vind, laat staan dat hij 'm ook nog zou regisseren.
  dinsdag 8 juni 2010 @ 11:23:35 #11
67640 SaintOfKillers
pi_82486760
Nadat Mendes heeft beslist dat hij liever Bondfilms maakt, heeft weer iemand anders interesse getoond om de film te maken.

Deze keer is het Joe Carnahan (Smokin' Aces en The A-Team).

Het gaat nog langer duren om deze film te maken dan het bij Watchmen duurde
  dinsdag 15 februari 2011 @ 17:38:33 #12
67640 SaintOfKillers
pi_92827174
Weer een kick.

Nu zou DJ Caruso (Eagle Eye, Disturbia en binnenkort I Am Number Four) gaan regisseren. Het zou de eerste film van een reeks zijn.
  maandag 21 maart 2011 @ 19:32:34 #13
67640 SaintOfKillers
pi_94433741
Caruso wil trouwens Shia LaBeouf als Arseface :')
  maandag 21 maart 2011 @ 19:37:32 #14
69957 Lonewolf2003
Cool. Cool, cool, cool
pi_94434069
quote:
10s.gif Op maandag 21 maart 2011 19:32 schreef SaintOfKillers het volgende:
Caruso wil trouwens Shia LaBeouf als Arseface :')
:D _O-
  dinsdag 9 september 2014 @ 16:35:45 #15
67640 SaintOfKillers
pi_144354051
Nu zou dit weer een TV-serie gaan worden, op AMC.

Het script zou worden geschreven door Seth Rogen & Evan Goldberg, blijkbaar in samenwerking met de originele schrijver Garth Ennis.
pi_147277905
quote:
AMC ORDERS PILOT FOR FAMED COMIC BOOK
FRANCHISE “PREACHER”

NEW YORK, NY – December 3, 2014 – AMC today announced that it has ordered a pilot for a series based on the popular comic book franchise “Preacher.” The Sony Pictures Television and AMC Studios co-production was developed for TV by Sam Catlin (“Breaking Bad”) and Seth Rogen & Evan Goldberg (“This Is The End,” “Superbad,” “Neighbors”). Rogen & Goldberg will produce through their Point Grey banner, along with Neal Moritz’s Original Film. The pilot was written by Sam Catlin. Rogen & Goldberg are attached to direct.

“Every once in a while you find a project where all the elements line up beautifully. With ‘Preacher,’ it starts with a bold, compelling, and thought-provoking comic book series from Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon and a whole lot of fans who already know Jesse Custer, Cassidy, and Tulip,” said Joel Stillerman, AMC’s executive vice president of original programming, production and digital content. “Add to that the passionate and talented Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, and Sam Catlin, an incredible producing team in Neal Moritz, the Original Film team and our good friends at Sony Pictures Television, and we have everything we need to be VERY excited to move forward on ‘Preacher.’”
“Preacher has been our favorite comic since it first came out,” Rogen & Goldberg said. “Garth Ennis is one of our idols and it’s an incredible honor to be working on this. We promise we won’t make too many dick jokes and ruin it.”
“Thanks to AMC for completely losing their minds and letting us do this,” Catlin said. “I’m so excited to bring Garth Ennis’ bloody, amazing and bloody amazing universe to TV.”
Garth Ennis said: “Steve Dillon and I are extremely pleased to know AMC has taken ‘Preacher’ to pilot. We have had an ongoing voice in the efforts of the writers whom Sony TV and Original Film entrusted with this project, Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, and Sam Catlin, and have been most gratified that they continue to include us, and that they have tackled the project with the type of unwavering commitment and courage needed to present the material as Steve and I intended. This has been a long time coming, but that it continues apace, and with the chance to be delivered episodically, gives ‘Preacher’ an opportunity to be seen in its best possible medium, not previously possible. And many thanks indeed to Ken Levin and Neal Moritz for their never flagging commitment to ‘Preacher,’ and for never giving up well past the point when I myself grew skeptical -- we have principally gotten to where we are today because of Neal and Ken.”
Based on Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon’s twisted ‘90s comic book series, “Preacher” is about Jesse Custer, a conflicted Preacher in a small Texas town who merges with a creature that has escaped from heaven and develops the ability to make anyone do anything he says. Along with his ex-girlfriend, Tulip, and an Irish vampire named Cassidy, the three embark on a journey to literally find God.

The pilot will be produced in the summer of 2015 for series consideration in 2016.

Credits:
EP: Sam Catlin
EPs: Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg and James Weaver for Point Grey Pictures?
EP: Neal Moritz, Vivian Cannon and Ori Marmur for Original Film?
EPs: Ken Levin, Jason Netter
Co-EPs: Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon

http://tvbythenumbers.zap(...)ise-preacher/335285/
You're are forgetting I was a professional twice over, an analyst and a therapist. The worlds first analrapist
pi_151783733
quote:
It's Official: Dominic Cooper to Star in AMC's 'Preacher'

He'll play Jesse Custer in the controversial comic book adaptation.

Based on Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon's controversial 1990s series from DC Comics imprint Vertigo, Preacher revolves around the Rev. Jesse Custer, a badass Texas preacher who, after losing his faith, learns that God has left heaven and forsaken his duties. Jesse becomes the only one who is able to track down God and hold him responsible for his abdication. Tulip O'Hare (Ruth Negga), Jesse's beer-guzzling vampire ex-girlfriend, accompanies him on his quest for answers. But the story doesn't end there: The Saint of Killers, an immortal killing machine and Western lone-gunman type, is hot on their trail, with his sights set on Jesse (Cooper).

Cooper joins a cast that also includes True Blood's Lucy Griffiths as Emily Woodrow, a church organist and Jesse's loyal right hand; This Is England's Joseph Gilgun as Irish vampire Cassidy and Ian Colletti as Eugene Root (aka Arseface).
You're are forgetting I was a professional twice over, an analyst and a therapist. The worlds first analrapist
pi_155960399
:) :)

Preacher - Ordered to Series by AMC

Sethrogen twitterde op woensdag 09-09-2015 om 21:24:37 Preacher is coming to AMC! @evandgoldberg @SamCatlin123! The beginning is nigh!!! http://t.co/xVgqYrkEK9 reageer retweet
pi_155970859
Ben benieuwd. Hoe zijn de regels mbt schelden en explicit content op AMC? Want ik zit niet te wachten op een PG-13 versie van Preacher.
pi_157178329
Aanstaande zondag tijdens de extra lange uitzending van TWD wordt de eerste trailer uitgezonden. Ben benieuwd.

pi_157268922
A Robin Redbreast in a Cage Puts all Heaven in a Rage.
pi_157269105
Ik zag het vanochtend en vond het een beetje een rare trailer. Mensen die niet bekend zijn met de comics gaan hier niet uithalen waar het verhaal over zou moeten gaan. Wat dus óf betekent dat ze enorm afwijken van de comics óf dat ze bang zijn dat er anders niemand kijkt. Hierdoor lijkt het een beetje een 13-in-dozijn serie.
  Moderator dinsdag 15 maart 2016 @ 13:16:00 #23
1212 crew  Mike
Excellent!
pi_160683305
De premièredatum is bekend: zondag 22 mei a.s.
In some matters there's no reality, only perception. Truth exists, but people have a vested interest in not knowing it.
  dinsdag 15 maart 2016 @ 15:10:46 #24
102865 One_conundrum
zeg maar Conundrum
pi_160685183
Niiiiiiiiiiiiice.
"Vanity, definitely my favorite sin. . . ."
  zaterdag 26 maart 2016 @ 20:40:12 #25
67640 SaintOfKillers
pi_160964501
Erg goede reviews voor de pilot.
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')