abonnement Unibet Coolblue
pi_51498194
Een van de beste rechtsbacks en zeker de beste van de laatste 10 jaar heeft geen eigen topic terwijl hij die natuurlijk wel moet hebben

Javier Zanetti
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Javier Zanetti

Personal information
Full name Javier Adelmar Zanetti
Date of birth August 10, 1973 (1973-08-10) (age 33)
Place of birth Buenos Aires, Argentina
Height 178 cm (5ft 10 in)
Playing position Right Back / Midfielder Right,Left,Centre
Club information
Current club Internazionale
Number 4
Senior clubs1
Years Club App (Gls)*
1992-1993
1993-1995
1995- Talleres (RE)
Banfield
Internazionale 17 (1)
66 (4)
389 (11)
National team2
1994- Argentina 110 (5)
1 Senior club appearances and goals
counted for the domestic league only and
correct as of 28 May 2007.
2 National team caps and goals correct
as of 11 July, 2007.
* Appearances (Goals)

Javier Adelmar Zanetti (born August 10, 1973) is an Argentine football player. He has been a member of Serie A club Internazionale since 1995 being the team captain since 1999. He has also played in two World Cups for Argentina. Zanetti is the second most capped player ever for Argentina behind Roberto Ayala (113).

Known as Pupi in Argentina, he was nicknamed Il Trattore (The Tractor) after moving to Italy because of his strength, resilience, and his ability to run past opposing defenders when joining the attack from his right back position. Since becoming captain he is also known as Il Capitano (The Captain).

He is also notable for his charitable work, running a foundation to benefit disadvantaged children in Argentina.

Contents [hide]
1 Early life
2 Club career
2.1 Club Atlético Talleres
2.2 Banfield
2.3 Internazionale
3 National team
4 Honours
5 Personal life
5.1 Charity work
6 References
7 External links

[edit] Early life
Zanetti, born in Buenos Aires, grew up in the harbour area, in the Dock Sud district. He combined scholastic and working commitments, helping his bricklayer father without neglecting his passion for football, He began playing football on a pitch in the suburbs of the city, and personally took care of pitch maintenance.

[edit] Club career

[edit] Club Atlético Talleres
Zanetti, after being rejected by the youth divisions of Argentina's giants Independiente, signed for Talleres de Remedios de Escalada (a second division team at the time) but soon moved in 1993 to Argentine First Division 's Banfield.

[edit] Banfield
His debut for Banfield occurred on September 12, 1993 in a home match against River Plate, His first professional goal for Banfield was on September 29, 1993 against Newell's Old Boys in a match that ended 1-1. His outstanding performances for Banfield led him to not only being Taladro 's fans one of most loved players but also getting a place in the National side. In 1994 he was requested by both giants River Plate and Boca Juniors but stayed on for another year at the club and in 1995, Zanetti finally moved to Italy's F.C. Internazionale Milano, becoming team owner Massimo Moratti's first-ever purchase.

[edit] Internazionale
His debut for Inter occurred on August 27, 1995 against Vicenza Calcio at Milan. He has since appeared in over 500 official club matches. Throughout his stay with the club, he has won 7 trophies: the UEFA Cup in 1998 – scoring the second goal for the final with a shot outside the penalty area –, the 2005 and 2006 Coppa Italia, the 2005 and 2006 Italian Super Cup, and the 2005-2006 2006-2007Scudetto.

Zanetti's qualities has made him a respected footballer all around the world. He is sometimes criticized for being too soft-spoken on the pitch, but he makes up for this by being one of Inter's most consistent, reliable and trusted players. As such, he was rewarded with the club captaincy, taking over from legendary defender Giuseppe Bergomi. Being a part of the squad since the last 12 seasons, he is currently the team's longest-tenured player, and the fifth overall behind Giuseppe Bergomi (758), Giacinto Facchetti (634), Sandro Mazzola (565), and Giuseppe Baresi (559) in the all-time list of most present Inter players. To Inter fans, Zanetti is one of the greatest players ever to have ever worn the colors of the black and blue. He is nowadays known as Il Capitano ("the captain").

"Inter means a lot to me," Zanetti said, "It was the first team to open the doors of European football. I was very young when I came here and I think not many teams could have had so much faith and patience with a boy in his early 20s from the very first day like Inter did with me. I will always be grateful for that. For some reason I have always felt at home here at Inter and this is why I have never thought of leaving".

As of June 2007, Zanetti has not been sent off in more than eight years. The last time he was sent off was on February 17, 1999 in a Coppa Italia match against Parma F.C.

Zanetti said "I haven't argued with Referees, but I was very disappointed when Braschi showed me my first red card in an against Parma a few years ago. I had nothing to do with it and he sent me off."

Zanetti ended a 4-year goal drought when he scored on November 5, 2006[1] at a home match against Ascoli, having previously scored on November 6, 2002, at an away match against Empoli F.C.

On September 27, 2006, against Bayern Munich, Zanetti played his 500th professional match for Inter.[1] and on November 22, 2006 he appeared in his 100th UEFA match against Sporting Clube de Portugal[2]

Since the arrival of Maicon, Zanetti has moved from the his right back position and now plays in midfield.[3].

At Inter, Zanetti has had 14 differents coachs (list), remaining the only player to survive such different administrations.

His current contract with Internazionale runs until 2010.

[edit] National team
For Argentina, he has 110 caps (as of July 2007) and played for his country at the 1998 and 2002 FIFA World Cups. He was also part of the team that won the silver medal at the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta, USA.

He made his debut for the National team on November 16, 1994 against Chile under coach Daniel Passarella

In the 1998 World Cup, he scored against England on a pre-planned play.

After Roberto Ayala suffered a last minute injury which left him out of the tournament, Zanetti captained Marcelo Bielsa's Argentine national squad in the 2002 World Cup.

Javier Zanetti celebrated his 100th cap by helping Argentina win their FIFA Confederations Cup Germany 2005 semi-final over Mexico on Sunday 26th June 2005, in which he won the Man of the match award [4].

After having been part of the team during the qualification rounds, Zanetti was not called up for the 2006 FIFA World Cup by coach José Pekerman in a controversial decision [5], instead Lionel Scaloni was given a surprise selection, a move that bewildered many fans and media.

"I don't know if there are any footballing or non-footballing reasons. But I can sleep peacefully because I have given so much to my national team, and I still feel a player of the Argentine national team. I'm certainly not Pekerman's kind of player," Zanetti commented after being omitted from the final squad.

Zanetti, won the last of his 102 caps in a 3-2 defeat by England in a friendly in November 2005 before falling victim to Pekerman's decision to revamp his squad with younger players for the World Cup

With new coach Alfio Basile, Zanetti was called for a friendly match against France on February 7th. 2007. He played brilliantly and helped Javier Saviola to score the only goal of the game that gave Argentina the first victory under Basile 's second management.[6].

In June 2007, Zanetti was vice-captain of the Argentine Squad for the Copa América 2007, having previously appeared in the 1995, 1999 and the 2004 editions of the tournament.

This section stub requires expansion.

[edit] Honours
Olympic medal record
Competitor for Argentina
Men’s Football
Silver 1996 Atlanta Team competition
UEFA Cup winner: 1998
Coppa Italia winner: 2005, 2006
Italian Super Cup winner: 2005, 2006
Serie A champion: 2005-2006, 2006-2007.
Internazionale's best player of the year 1996 (Pirata d'oro)[7]
Named by Pelé as one of the top 125 greatest living footballers in March 2004[8].
National "Giuseppe Prisco" Award for Sport loyalty, correctness and sympathy.[9]

[edit] Personal life
In 1992 at the age of just nineteen he met Paula, who became his wife seven years later. Today, Paula Zanetti, daughter of a university teacher, dedicates herself to photography with good results, She enjoys 'immortalising' Javier from the touchline during Inter's home matches.

On June 11, 2005 Zanetti's wife Paula gave birth to a baby girl Sol Zanetti. The Inter captain commented "I'm very happy about this baby girl who has come into my life. It was a beautiful experience with my wife. My daughter will have all the happiness she deserves."

Zanetti's elder brother Sergio is a former football defender as well.

[edit] Charity work
Zanetti has also proven that he has a highly-developed social conscience. In response to Argentina's economic crisis of 2001, which threw millions of people into poverty, Zanetti, with his wife Paula, created the Fundación PUPI (PUPI foundation) in Argentina for the social integration of poor children. The aim of the organization is to help children by giving them educational opportunities, as well as taking care of their nutritional requirements who were left impoverished by the country's economic crisis.

"Even though I don't live in my country at present, I'm well aware of what's going on there and the devastating effect it's having on our poorest children. I've always believed that our public actions need to take account of our social responsibility," he explains.

In 2005 The Milan townhall awarded Zanetti with the Ambrogino d'Oro for his social initiative.

Zanetti is also the FIFA ambassador for the SOS Children's Villages project in Argentina [10] , and has declared his support for the Mexican Zapatista rebels.[2]

[edit] References
^ Match Formations. Football-Lineups.com. Retrieved on January 17, 2007.
^ tactical Formations. Football-Lineups.com. Retrieved on January 17, 2007.
^ tactical Formations. Football-Lineups.com. Retrieved on January 25, 2007.
^ "Centurion Zanetti celebrates in style", www.fifa.com, 2005-06-26. Retrieved on 2007-06-26.
^ "World Cup snub for Zanetti", Skysports.com, 2006-05-15. Retrieved on 2007-07-11.
^ "Saviola sinks Les Bleus in Paris" - Yahoo sports.
^ A CAMBIASSO IL "PIRATA D'ORO" - Inter.com (Italian)
^ "Pele names his top 100 players", Skysports.com, 2004-03-04. Retrieved on 2007-07-11.
^ "Premio Prisco: i vincitori della V edizione" (Italian)
^ "J.ZANETTI NEW FIFA AMBASSADOR FOR SOS", Inter.it, 2006-05-04. Retrieved on 2007-06-07.

[edit] External links
Javier Zanetti profile, detailed club and national team statistics, honours (palmares) and timeline
Player profile at Internazionale's official web site - inter.it
Javier Zanetti's international profile - AFA
Official site of the PUPI Foundation- FundacionPUPI.org, founded by Javier and Paula Zanetti
(Spanish) Banfield Interview
Forza Inter Forums- The biggest English speaking Internazionale Forum on the internet.

Wikipedia

Tot op heden helaas nog geen suces met Argentinie, maar daar gaat hopelijk snel verandering in komen. Verder was Pekerman een ................. om Sorin/Burdisso te verkiezen boven Zanetti

[ Bericht 0% gewijzigd door rubbereend op 15-07-2007 19:52:59 (doe ff normaal) ]
"We moeten ons bewust zijn van de superioriteit van onze beschaving, met zijn normen en waarden, welvaart voor de mensen, respect voor mensenrechten en godsdienstvrijheid. Dat respect bestaat zeker niet in de Islamitische wereld".
pi_51498346
Zanneti _0_
pi_51498396
Goed topic .

Fotootje dan maar:

pi_52380422
Hij gaat de 500 bij Inter halen
"We moeten ons bewust zijn van de superioriteit van onze beschaving, met zijn normen en waarden, welvaart voor de mensen, respect voor mensenrechten en godsdienstvrijheid. Dat respect bestaat zeker niet in de Islamitische wereld".
pi_52395874
De man met 3 longen
pi_54692097
En nu ook met 116 interlands of meer dan Ayala en Cholo
pi_54698197

pi_54698363
Eindelijk een topic waarmee ik het eens ben.
trotse eigenaar van post nr. 52m
Op zaterdag 22 december 2007 00:29 schreef Alexxxxx het volgende:
Mods met een x zijn tof.
pi_54700741
En nog wel als linksback, maar dat deed ie ook gewoon goed

Stichting Pupi
  zondag 18 november 2007 @ 19:53:18 #10
194154 BigKahuna
De Eindbaars.
pi_54701184
Geweldige voetballer, jammer dat hij bij Inter speelt.
><(({°>
pi_54704470
Een fantastische staat van dienst, wel een vrij kleurloze persoonlijkheid. Een uitstekende back natuurlijk.
That's all folks!
pi_57021604
Wat is ie goed he

Denk dat ie 2010 makkelijk haalt
pi_85083512
Weer effe kicken maar deze opa heeft tot 2013 bijgetekend. De teller staat op 919 wedstrijden, die 81 wedstrijden moet lukken
pi_85093434
quote:
Op dinsdag 10 augustus 2010 08:53 schreef DiegoArmandoMaradona het volgende:
Weer effe kicken maar deze opa heeft tot 2013 bijgetekend. De teller staat op 919 wedstrijden, die 81 wedstrijden moet lukken
WTF, hij is 37 jaar. :o
  dinsdag 10 augustus 2010 @ 14:20:08 #15
302138 HuffTheTalbot
Checking the Basement for Bugs
pi_85093851
Ik zag hem eind vorig seizoen als linksback 90 minuten lang rennen tot hij erbij neerviel. Alleen: hij viel er niet bij neer. Nee, hij rende na het laatste fluitsignaal direct door naar de kleedkamer, trok een strak broekje en noploze schoenen aan, en liep de marathon van Milaan, die toevallig voorbij kwam.

Het schijnt dat hij daarna nog boodschappen heeft gedaan voor zijn oma, en aangezien ze de hamlapjes graag voor halfzes wilde hebben moest hij een beetje voortmaken. Deze man kan rustig tot zijn vijftigste mee.
Look behind you! It's your ass!
pi_85097527
Maicon :{w
pi_85100897
Zou wat zijn als hij op zijn 40ste daar nog mooi rond loopt in het veld, held _O_
pi_85104220
Als hij niet door Pekerman en Diego was gepasseerd had hij dan al 170 interlands of zo gespeeld?
pi_125912814
quote:
'Terugkeer Zanetti pas in 2014 na achillespeesoperatie'

Javier Zanetti is dinsdag geopereerd aan de afgescheurde achillespees, waarvan aanvankelijk werd gedacht dat die het einde van de carrière van de Argentijnse aanvoerder van Internazionale zou betekenen.

Waar Zanetti dat eerder al ontkende, liet dinsdag ook Inter-voorzitter Massimo Moratti weten dat hij geloof heeft in de clubicoon, die op 10 augustus zijn veertigste verjaardag viert en onlangs zijn zeshonderdste Serie A-duel voor de Nerazzurri speelde.

'Dit is erg spijtig en ik leef met hem mee', vertelde Moratti over Zanetti, die in 1995 op 22-jarige leeftijd de overstap maakte van Banfield naar Inter. 'Maar iemand als hij, met zo'n karakter, zal terugkomen. Daar twijfel ik niet aan.'

Volgens Italiaanse media heeft Zanetti liefst acht maanden nodig om weer fit te geraken. Hij zal alleen al bijna een maand op krukken moet lopen voor hij kan beginnen met revalideren. Als alles goed gaat maakt Zanetti hoogstwaarschijnlijk in januari 2014 zijn rentree, al behoort volgens medici ook een terugkeer binnen zes maanden tot de mogelijkheden.

Hoewel El Tractor tegen die tijd 40,5 jaar oud is, bestaat er bij Moratti geen twijfel over dat hij weer op zijn oude niveau terugkeert. 'De fans zullen misschien wel denken dat ze hem niet meer terugzien. Dat zullen ze wel. En hij zal weer spelen als in zijn beste jaren.'

Ook de arts die de ingreep bij Zanetti heeft verricht ziet enkele reden tot zorgen. 'Hij heeft bewezen dat hij op deze leeftijd nog steeds in een geweldige vorm steekt. Er is wel het risico dat zijn spierkracht afneemt, maar de fysio's van Inter hebben al voor hetere vuren gestaan.'
pi_125940565
Wat een baas deze man! _O_
  woensdag 1 mei 2013 @ 15:23:21 #21
131800 Tarado
capô de fusca
pi_125943226
tancredipalmeri twitterde op woensdag 01-05-2013 om 15:13:52 Brilliant.Zanetti's friends bought today a Gazzetta page to cheer him up, lining all his historic armbands captaincy http://t.co/KToIObmVOp reageer retweet
pi_125943932
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 1 mei 2013 15:23 schreef Tarado het volgende:
tancredipalmeri twitterde op woensdag 01-05-2013 om 15:13:52 Brilliant.Zanetti's friends bought today a Gazzetta page to cheer him up, lining all his historic armbands captaincy http://t.co/KToIObmVOp reageer retweet
[ afbeelding ]
^O^
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')