abonnement bol.com Unibet Coolblue
pi_212556961
quote:
0s.gif Op vrijdag 23 februari 2024 20:32 schreef Mortaxx het volgende:

[..]
dat kan niet zonder account.

Maar jij post hier deze twittert met de belangrijkste onthulling van 120 pagina's. En dan is het helemaal niets. Erg vreemd
Het is de 1e post van een draad van tweets.
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it
pi_212561918
I make it a thing, to glance in window panes and look pleased with myself.
pi_212563078
quote:
0s.gif Op vrijdag 23 februari 2024 20:23 schreef Mortaxx het volgende:

[..]
is uit 120 pagina's dit het meest belangrijke?
Er zitten meerdere interessante tussen.

Over energieverbruik:

quote:
Ironic if we end up having to choose between economic liberty and conservation.

Unfortunately, proof of work is the only solution I've found to make p2p e-cash work without a trusted third party. Even if I wasn't using it secondarily as a way to allocate the initial distribution of currency, PoW is fundamental to coordinating the network and preventing double-spending.

If it did grow to consume significant energy, I think it would still be less wasteful than the labour and resource intensive conventional banking activity it would replace. The cost would be an order of magnitude less than the billions in banking fees that pay for all those brick and mortar buildings, skyscrapers and junk mail credit card offers.
Hé, een Nederlander:

quote:
Martien van Steenbergen Martien at AardRock.COM
Thu Feb 12 08:40:53 CET 2009

Very interesting. Is this akin to David Chaum's anonymous digital money? His concept makes sure money is anonymous unless it is compromised, i.e. the same money spent more than once. As soon as it's compromised, the ‘counterfeiter’ is immediately publicly exposed.

Also, in bitcoin, is there a limited supply of money (that must be managed)? Or is money created exaclty at the moment of transaction?

Succes en plezier,

Martien.
Over de waarde per unit:

quote:
My choice for the number of coins and distribution schedule was an educated guess. It was a difficult choice, because once the network is going it's locked in and we're stuck with it. I wanted to pick something that would make prices similar to existing currencies, but without knowing the future, that's very hard. I ended up picking something in the middle. If Bitcoin remains a small niche, it'll be worth less per unit than existing currencies. If you imagine it being used for some fraction of world commerce, then there's only going to be 21 million coins for the whole world, so it would be worth much more per unit. Values are 64-bit integers with 8 decimal places, so 1 coin is represented internally as 100000000. There's plenty of granularity if typical prices become small. For example, if 0.001 is worth 1 Euro, then it might be easier to change where the decimal point is displayed, so if you had 1 Bitcoin it's now displayed as 1000, and 0.001 is displayed as 1.
Over Ripple:

quote:
Ripple is interesting in that it's the only other system that does something with trust besides concentrate it into a central server.

(...)

As trust systems go, Ripple is unique in spreading trust around rather than concentrating it.
Over de term "cryptocurrency":

quote:
Someone came up with the word "cryptocurrency"... maybe it's a word we should use when describing Bitcoin, do you like it?
Deze mail heeft wat aandacht gekregen vanwege het gebruik van "retarted" en het reconstrueren van een tijdlijn om de identiteit van Satoshi te achterhalen:

quote:
I know this sounds really retarded, but I still haven't been able to get the sourceforge login page to load, so I haven't been able to read it either. https://sourceforge.net/account/login.php

Hal isn't currently actively involved. He helped me a lot defending the design on the Cryptography list, and with initial testing when it was first released. He carried this torch years ago with his Reusable Proof Of Work (RPOW).

I'm not going to be much help right now either, pretty busy with work, and need a break from it after 18 months development.

It would help if there was something for people to use it for. We need an application to bootstrap it. Any ideas?

There are donors I can tap if we come up with something that needs funding, but they want to be anonymous, which makes it hard to actually do anything with it.
En nog meer informatie over de tijdlijn (deze mail is van 16 mei 2010):

quote:
I've also been busy with other things for the last month and a half. I just now downloaded my e-mail since the beginning of April. I mostly have things sorted and should be back to Bitcoin shortly. Glad that you've been handling things in my absence. Congrats on your first transaction!
Over "unix snobbery" :D:

quote:
I had been wondering why everyone keeps harping on no-UI, when already you can run it with only a small icon on the tray, which is common for server services on Windows. So I guess this is why. I had chalked it
up to unix snobbery if they couldn't abide a tiny little icon on a desktop they never see.
Over een eerste donatie:

quote:
BTW, it's looking like I may be able to get us some money soon to cover web host costs, back your exchange service, etc, in the form of cash in the mail. Can you receive it and act as the project's treasurer?

(...)

I got a donation offer for $2000 USD. I need to get your postal mailing address to have him send to. And yes, he wants to remain anonymous, so please keep the envelope's origin private.

(...)

I take it you haven't received anything from that donor yet? He seemed pretty certain he was going to send it, maybe more. (if you get anything, we need to keep private for him the fact that we got a donation)

(...)

I will try to think of a polite way to ask the donor if he sent it, but right now there are other higher priority things that are going to bump even that for a few days.

(...)

Good news: I received the donation of $3600. At least the hosting costs are no problem anymore.

(...)

That's great! I'll let him know it was received and thank him.

It might be a long time before we get another donation like that, we should save a lot of it.

Spend what you need on hosting. Email me a simple accounting when you take out money for expenses, like:
-$60 rackspace monthly
$2540 balance

(...)

I deposited the donation to a bank as euros. The donation was actually not $3600 but 3500$. I miscalculated it as it was packed in (18 + 17) * $100 instead of (18 + 18) * $100.

$3500 made 2608.28¤.

-750¤ to back up BitcoinExchange.com
-28.92¤ for the hosting in July
1829¤ balance
Over anonimiteit:

quote:
I think we should de-emphasize the anonymous angle. With the popularity of bitcoin addresses instead of sending by IP, we can't give the impression it's automatically anonymous. It's possible to be pseudonymous, but you have to be careful. If someone digs through the transaction history and starts exposing information people thought was anonymous, the backlash will be much worse if we haven't prepared expectations by warning in advance that you have to take precautions if you really want to make that work. Like Tor says, "Tor does not magically encrypt all of your Internet activities. Understand what Tor does and does not do for you."

Also, anonymous sounds a bit shady. I think the people who want anonymous will still figure it out without us trumpeting it.
In versie 0.3 van Bitcoin zat al een Nederlandse vertaling:

quote:
- German, Dutch and Italian translations (thanks to DataWraith, Xunie and Joozero)
Xunie lijkt ook een Nederlander te zijn:

quote:
(I don't know Xunie, but he hasn't posted for months and he was a goofball)
Satoshi schuift iemand anders (Gavin Andresen) naar voren om de pers te woord te staan:

quote:
> Satoshi, I assume you don't want to
> deal with press/PR/interviews ?

True

> We could decline to talk to the press-- Satoshi, I know you've
> expressed concern about bitcoin growing too big too fast, and being
> unable to keep up with traffic/attacks/feature requests/etc. But I
> don't think ignoring the press will make them go away; they'll just
> talk to somebody else. I think it is better to give a realistic
> impression of bitcoin (it is cutting-edge, beta software that is still
> being developed, it is not poised to replace PayPal or the Euro
> anytime soon, etc) rather than let somebody over-enthusiastic become
> "the unofficial bitcoin spokesperson."

You're the best person to do it.
Over een conferentie op 4-6 april 2011 in Amsterdam (uitnodiging van ene Douwe Lycklama):

quote:
Looks like an excellent opportunity to reach an important audience that doesn't follow Slashdot or Reddit. I'd recommend this job for Gavin or Bruce Wagner. Or maybe there can be two attendees. S3052 from the forum also seemed potentially competent.

Gavin, would you be interested in organizing this?
  zondag 25 februari 2024 @ 18:02:11 #54
139324 Plots
Luctor et Emergo
pi_212585455
Interessante e-mails.

Dat van die 21 miljoen BTC heb ik altijd willen weten, maar wat bedoelt hij met de waarde van "world commerce"?

quote:
If you imagine it being used for some fraction of world commerce, then there's only going to be 21 million coins for the whole world.
Deze vind ik ook mooi:

Over de hardheid van BTC als asset/ruilmiddel:
quote:
Historically, people have taken up scarce commodities as money, if
necessary taking up whatever is at hand, such as shells or stones. Each
has a kernel of usefulness that helped bootstrap the process, but the
monetary value ends up being much more than the functional value alone.
Most of the value comes from the value that others place in it. Gold,
for instance, is pretty, non-corrosive and easily malleable, but most of
its value is clearly not from that. Brass is shiny and similar in
colour. The vast majority of gold sits unused in vaults, owned by
governments that could care less about its prettiness.

Until now, no scarce commodity that can be traded over a communications
channel without a trusted third party has been available. If there is a
desire to take up a form of money that can be traded over the Internet
without a TTP, then now that is possible.
quote:
> I do not recall any economic history of a commodity subject
> to natural inflation ever being used as money

There's gold for one. The supply of gold increases by about 2%-3% per
year. Any fiat currency typically averages more inflation than that.
Over BTC minen:
quote:
> Since they can be created for free (or at the cost
> of computer power people have anyway for other reasons),
> monetizing them means simply giving away money.

You're still thinking as if the difficulty level will be so easy that
people will be able to generate all the bitcoins they want.

Imagine you have to run your computer 24/7 for a month to generate 1
cent. After a year, you could generate 12 cents. That's not going to
make it so people can just generate all the bitcoin they want for spending.

The value of bitcoins would be relative to the electricity consumed to
produce them. All modern CPUs save power when they're idle. If you run
a computational task 24/7, not letting it idle, it uses significantly
more power, and you'll notice it generates more heat. The extra wattage
consumed goes straight to your power bill, and the value of the bitcoins
you produce would be something less than that.

> Why would they, when they make money by generating
> new ones

No, they can't make money that way. It would cost them more in
electricity than they'd be selling the bitcoins for.
Over domeinnamen:
quote:
At first glance, bitcoinshop.com looks better. bitcoinexchange.com
might be better than bitcoinx.com.

Be careful where you search domain names, many will front-run you. Even
network solutions, although they've said they won't if you use their
whois page not the homepage. The only safe place is
http://www.internic.com/whois.html

That's a good domain. People rarely type domain names anymore, they use
autocomplete or click links on search engines.
  maandag 26 februari 2024 @ 13:03:19 #55
139324 Plots
Luctor et Emergo
pi_212595205
Plus deze van Satoshi:

quote:
Please promise me you won't make a switch now. The last thing we need
is switchover hassle on top of the slashdot flood of work we've got now.
I'm losing my mind there are so many things that need to be done.

Also, it would suck to be on a smaller, less reliable host just to save
a measly $20.

I will try to think of a polite way to ask the donor if he sent it, but
right now there are other higher priority things that are going to bump
even that for a few days.

Would a donation of bitcoins help in the short term?
En deze:

quote:
Oh great, now we're screwed.

We probably got spam blocked because we were allowing registrations
without e-mail verification. But now that we've enabled it, our
verification e-mails are blocked.

There could still be some existing user accounts created before the
registration requirement being used by spammers.

We're kind of in a jam here. Can you make sure there's nothing else you
can think of that might be acting as an open e-mail gateway or way for
spammers to use our system for putting out spam? Check the e-mail logs
and see if there's been a lot of traffic and what it's from. If you can
figure out what the problem was and shut it down, then after you're sure
it's fixed, request PBL to take us off the block list.

If there's a way to prohibit the forum from sending e-mail
notifications, maybe we should do that.
pi_212619570
Mooi die mails. :) Staan echt hele interessante dingen in.
Uitvinder van de biersmiley.
pi_212681365
quote:
0s.gif Op zondag 25 februari 2024 18:02 schreef Plots het volgende:
Interessante e-mails.

Dat van die 21 miljoen BTC heb ik altijd willen weten, maar wat bedoelt hij met de waarde van "world commerce"?

Wereldhandel. Hij moest een inschatting maken hoe intensief bitcoin gebruikt zou gaan worden. Werd het nauwelijks gebruikt, dan zou bitcoin qua prijs achterblijven bij bestaande valuta. Werd het zeer veel gebruikt (een zekere fractie van de wereldhandel) dan zou bitcoin qua prijs bestaande valuta gaan overstijgen.

Achteraf gezien heeft hij de impact dus zwaar onderschat, aangezien zijn doel eigenlijk was: "I wanted to pick
something that would make prices similar to existing currencies"
pi_212744074
Jammer eigenlijk dat bitcoin zoveel momentum heeft dat een cryptocoin met minder schimmige herkomst en kinderziektes eigenlijk geen kans meer maakt. Volgens mij zou het beter zijn als de cryptokoningen, regeringen en banken met elkaar aan tafel gaan om een goed systeem op te tuigen. Maar ik begrijp dat het nogal lastig is gezien de verschillende belangen bij alle partijen.

Uiteindelijk wil je van de wildgroei e.d. af.
beter een knipoog dan een blauw oog
pi_212744768
quote:
0s.gif Op vrijdag 8 maart 2024 18:30 schreef Knipoogje het volgende:
Jammer eigenlijk dat bitcoin zoveel momentum heeft dat een cryptocoin met minder schimmige herkomst en kinderziektes eigenlijk geen kans meer maakt. Volgens mij zou het beter zijn als de cryptokoningen, regeringen en banken met elkaar aan tafel gaan om een goed systeem op te tuigen. Maar ik begrijp dat het nogal lastig is gezien de verschillende belangen bij alle partijen.

De onstaansgeschiedenis van Bitcoin is juist zo uniek en bijzonder en valt eigenlijk niet te herhalen. Iemand ontdekt een consensusmechanisme die decentraal, censuurbestendig, digitaal geld/waarde mogelijk maakt voor het eerst in de historie en dat ook nog eens publiekelijk lanceert zonder zichzelf of anderen voor te trekken of te verrijken. Alles wat daarna is gekomen zijn copycats of onzuivere lanceringen terwijl juist iets bijzonders uitvinden en dat zuiver lanceren zo'n unieke gebeurtenis is. Het enige wat schimmig is is de identiteit van Satoshi maar die is uiteindelijk niet van belang voor het protocol zelf en waarschijnlijk had Satoshi problemen gehad met justitie in de eerste jaren als hij wel bekend was.geweest.

Banken en regeringen wil je juist niet betrokken hebben bij het optuigen van een crypto want dan krijg je gewoon hetzelfde als wat we al hadden. De wildgroei is wel irritant ja, maar is een beetje inherent aan de vrijheid van het internet en onze samenleving.
Op woensdag 25 april 2018 20:45 schreef Ronald-Koeman het volgende:
7e minuut Robben eraf met spierblessure.
pi_212745112
quote:
0s.gif Op vrijdag 8 maart 2024 19:05 schreef Ronald-Koeman het volgende:
Banken en regeringen wil je juist niet betrokken hebben bij het optuigen van een crypto want dan krijg je gewoon hetzelfde als wat we al hadden. De wildgroei is wel irritant ja, maar is een beetje inherent aan de vrijheid van het internet en onze samenleving.
Dat valt toch best mee? Microsoft heeft ook gewoon open source software terwijl het wellicht niet in hun best interest in. Er worden wel andere verdienmodellen verzonnen dan, net als er nu genoeg verdienmodellen om bitcoin heenzitten. Maar zoals ik al zei, ik snap dat ze andere belangen hebben.
beter een knipoog dan een blauw oog
pi_212746954
quote:
0s.gif Op vrijdag 8 maart 2024 18:30 schreef Knipoogje het volgende:

Schimmig herkomst, waar heb je het over? Was Satoshi een crimineel?

Als ik je posting lees, vrees ik dat je weinig van crypto's hebt begrepen. Diversiteit betekent keuzevrijheid. En hoe denk je dat een overheid het gaat vinden om geen geld bij te kunnen drukken? Maar dan brengen overheden toch een coin uit waar er mee van in omloop kan worden gebracht, hoor ik je denken. Dat kan en dan is meteen de belangrijkste reden verdwenen om zo'n coin aan te kopen.
pi_212823982
twitter

De rechtbank is er ook over uit. CSW is niet Satoshi.

quote:
0s.gif Op vrijdag 8 maart 2024 20:57 schreef Claudia_x het volgende:
Was Satoshi een crimineel?
Dus in ieder geval niet de crimineel CSW. :P
Uitvinder van de biersmiley.
pi_212824644
*O* *O* *O*
pi_212824744

twitter

_O-

[ Bericht 33% gewijzigd door Claudia_x op 14-03-2024 15:50:02 ]
abonnement bol.com Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')