pi_47047055

BIOGRAPHY
Stage Name: John Mayer
Birth date: October 16, 1977
Hometown: Bridgeport, CT
Nowadays: NYC & LA.
quote:
"With any trilogy," says John Mayer, "the third in the series blows it open."

On CONTINUUM the singer/songwriter/guitar slinger meets that challenge head-on. Mayer's third studio album follows the multi-platinum ROOM FOR SQUARES (2001) and HEAVIER THINGS (2003) and marks his first turn as producer. It is his most soulful, cohesive collection yet and he says it's no accident that this project is where all of his efforts, his potential, and his disparate influences fully come together.

"The night I was recognized for 'Daughters' at the Grammys was the night this record started," he says. "I knew I had bought the time to learn everything I needed before I started this one. CONTINUUM is not a shot in the dark, it's not a guesstimation. This is the first endeavor in my entire life, music or otherwise, that I did not cop out for a second on."

The last few years have seen Mayer maintaining a frantic pace. In addition to his own writing, recording, and touring, he has collaborated with icons and contemporaries alike - Eric Clapton, B.B. King, Buddy Guy, and Herbie Hancock, as well as Kanye West, the Dixie Chicks, and Alicia Keys. In doing so, Mayer says his own interests have grown and his perspectives expanded.

Mayer also credits his collaboration with Steve Jordan and Pino Palladino (collectively known as the John Mayer Trio) and the intimate-venue tour that produced the 2005 live album TRY! with helping to recalibrate his musical priorities. "As a songwriter, the Trio helped me focus on being more raw," he says. "As a guitar player, it helped me get a lot out of my system. If it wasn't for the Trio, CONTINUUM would have been less accessible. It let me settle up with my needs as a musician, and get to a point somewhere between the Trio record and ROOM FOR SQUARES - and that's a really good place to be."

While the Trio tour showcased Mayer's blazing fretwork, he says he learned lessons from those shows about restraint. "When I made my first record, there was no trust in space because it was all me, everything was just on those six strings," he says. "With Steve and Pino, it was all about space, using a whole different palette. When your tone is good on the guitar you need, like, four notes. The more concise and right you have it, the less you need around it."

Mayer points to one song in particular as the turning point for CONTINUUM. "I wrote 'Gravity' last summer, and it changed everything," he says. "You talk less when you trust that people understand you. 'Gravity' had to be sparse. And when I listened to it - for the first time, holding back - then it was a whole new game. That might be the most important song I ever wrote."

Armed with this outlook, Mayer knew CONTINUUM would tackle larger ideas than those that defined his previous albums. "A big challenge was writing about big themes," he says. "I'm not a better writer in terms of sitting down in front of a pad, but I'm better in terms of receiving inspiration and converting it into something 'real' quicker. I'm better equipped to deal with those moments."

With "Waiting on the World to Change", Mayer shot for something even more ambitious - something like an attempt to explain his generation's attitudes about politics. "It's meant to shed a little light on inactivity and inaction," he says, "because I don't believe that inaction is disinterest, I think inaction is preservation - nobody wants to get involved in a debate in which the rules and the facts will change so that they'll lose. So we end up with this other option, which is, I guess we'll just have to wait for things to get better.

Having just announced a co-headlining tour with Sheryl Crow to help launch CONTINUUM, Mayer is raring to start playing his new material for an audience. "This record is infinitely playable," he says. "I built so many corners into these songs I cannot wait to play them live."

Ultimately, CONTINUUM represents maturity, both musically and thematically, for John Mayer - a concept that he wasn't comfortable with until now. "A lot of these songs are about coming to terms with getting older, " he says. "My generation was never told we were going to get older. We thought we were going to hear our names on 'Romper Room' for the rest of our lives. For a long time, I was really upset about getting older, worried that things were just going to level out.

"But then I realized that everyone around me was all getting older at the same time. We're all fighting it together, and we're always going to be those kids, the first really emotionally aware generation. When I realized that, I could relax about it a little bit. And I thought that maybe I can be the guy to sing about it."
DISCOGRAPHY
Albums
Inside Wants Out (EP)
Room For Squares
Heavier Things (tevens als Dual Disc)
Any Given Thursday (live-record)
As/Is (live record)
TRY! (credit als John Mayer Trio, live-record)
Continuum (dualdisc staat gepland voor februari 2007)
The Village Sessions (EP - acoustic)

01. Waiting On The World To Change (Ben Harper version)
02. Belief (acoustic version)
03. Slow Dancing In A Burning Room (acoustic version)
04. Good Love Is On The Way (acoustic version)
05. I'm Gonna Find Another You (acoustic version)
06. In Repair (acoustic version)

DVD
Any Given Thursday

SINGLES (Nederland)
No Such Thing
Your Body is a Wonderland
Bigger Than My Body
Clarity
Daughters
Clarity (re-release)
Waiting On The World To Change
Gravity

Trivia
* De platen worden voornamelijk geplugged door 3FM.
* Sinds Waiting On The World To Change worden andere radiozenders ook wakker.
* Bij Johns eerste promotour in Nederland was hij bij Claudia de Breij in de uitzending (3FM). Hier speelde hij No Such Thing.
* Tijdens de promotour van Continuum was hij te gast bij Edwin Evers (538) en Claudia de Breij (3FM).
* Waiting On The World To Change was de eerste single van Continuum, en Gravity de tweede. Laatstgenoemde was de eerste week van december 2006 released.
* John date met Jessica Simpson momenteel.
* John heeft twee Grammy's dit jaar binnengesleept; Best Male Vocal Pop Performance, Best Pop Album. In totaal heeft John 5 Grammy's inmiddels, waarvan drie voor Best Male Pop Vocal Performance ('Your Body Is A Wonderland', 'Daughters', 'Waiting On The World To Change').

Gig Geschiedenis
Melkweg Amsterdam
17 oktober 2006

Setlist:
Belief
Vultures
Stormy Monday
Why Georgia
Slow Dancing in a Burning Room
Good Love is On the Way
Daughters
I Don't Trust Myself (With Loving You)
Waiting on the World to Change
Gravity
Clarity
No Such Thing
-- toegift --
Dreaming With A Broken Heart
In Repair

SITES
www.johnmayer.com (officiele site)
www.j-mayer.org (fansite)
www.mystupidmouth.com (fan forum)
www.myspace.com/johnmayer (blog)
http://blog.honeyee.com/john/ (blog)
www.local-83.com (official fanclub)

[ Bericht 0% gewijzigd door Numbie op 08-03-2007 11:58:39 ]
pi_47047075
Ben nog bezig met aanpassen van OP
pi_47047367
En done
pi_47047566
John.
pi_47048773
teeveepeee

kom nou is terug naar Nederland !!!
you might aswell do the white line
pi_47048786
tvp
pi_47049092
tvp
I'm an assassin and I had a job to do
pi_47061622
tvp....
pi_47063746
Nouja zal ik dan maar wat leesbaars posten inplaats van de tvp's

alweer een tijdje oud maar wel leuk om door te lezen, 50 Worst Songs Ever (volgens Blender) met op nummer 28:

JOHN MAYER
“Your Body is a Wonderland” 2001
Get this man a cold shower

“Ohhh,” the women of the world sigh, “why can’t I just find a nice guy — you know, someone who’ll compare my breasts to a theme park?” Yearn no more, ladies! Drool never sounded as sweet as it does on this slow-stirred ode to daytime sex — but even from the otherwise charming Mayer, it’s still drool. What’s more, sunny acoustic guitars belie some creepy undertones: When Mayer rasps “Discover me discovering you” and “I’ll use my hands,” it sounds as though he’s sitting in a dark room, playing pocket pool to a camera he planted in the women’s lavatory.

Worst Moment Mayer describes the “deep sea of blankets” on his bed. Ewww!

(Mmm I actually like songs on that list )
pi_47110968
James Morrison gaat gewoon openen voor John deze zomer... Met als support Ben Folds!!! Mijn goeie god; heb never nooit gedacht dat dromen werkelijkheid konden worden
pi_47113331
En dan is de man in Europa (like now met Jessica in Rome) speelt'ie geen shows...
pi_47118686
quote:
Op vrijdag 9 maart 2007 23:08 schreef Numbie het volgende:
James Morrison gaat gewoon openen voor John deze zomer... Met als support Ben Folds!!! Mijn goeie god; heb never nooit gedacht dat dromen werkelijkheid konden worden
Hoe geweldig is het als je daarbij kunt zijn.
pi_47121676
Ik ben de afgelopen weken echt weer verslaafd aan In Repair. Zo relaxed vind ik die op het moment.
pi_47126157
quote:
Op vrijdag 9 maart 2007 23:08 schreef Numbie het volgende:
Voor mij is dat pas een droom die werkelijkheid wordt op 't moment dat die tour HIER naartoe komt. Tot die tijd is het gewoon WREED en cru
Duidelijk gevalletje van WWWH (Waarom Wonen Wij Hier?) syndroom
pi_47126511
Zijn eerdere cd's zijn veel leuker.
pi_47127399
Als je van pop houdt wel ja
pi_47156456
quote:
Op zaterdag 10 maart 2007 16:17 schreef Gosjke het volgende:

[..]
Duidelijk gevalletje van WWWH (Waarom Wonen Wij Hier?) syndroom
*zucht* idd ja
pi_47164101
Die Stripped zooi klinkt fijn
pi_47181257
pi_47183880
quote:
Some people call this trip a "Roman Holiday" but I call it a very expensive way to get new desktop pictures for my Mac
LMAO
pi_47189522
De man is weer op dreef...
pi_47202240
Hey Jill.. die foto is een beetje jij op de Rocca
pi_47225740
En hij heeft nog een blog gepost met een foto van het uitzicht in Rome....
pi_47229069
Deze foto is meer mij op de Rocca

Zal die pic eens opzoeken.
pi_47249186
Roddeldingen lezen? Wie ik?

John & Jessica Have “Public Affair”
Jessica Simpson and John Mayer show their love is undeniable as they step out together holding hands on Thursday afternoon in Rome, Italy. The canoodling couple arrived at the Leonardo da Vinci Airport this morning and were then driven by van to their hotel in the center of town. Acting very much like an affectionate couple, John and Jessica lingered over a romantic lunch at the upscale Dal Bolognese restaurant. Jessica, 26, and John, 29, have been spotted out together for months but made their romance official last month, posing together for pictures at a Grammy afterparty.

http://justjared.buzznet.com/gallery/photos.php?yr=2007&mon=03&evt=john_mayer_jessica_simpson_holding_hands&pic=john-mayer-jessica-simpson-holding-hands-01.jpg

When in Rome… Do as John & Jessica Do
Lovebirds Jessica Simpson and John Mayer continue their romance in Rome on Saturday with a shopping trip to Yves Saint Laurent and a dinner date. Right before dinner, Jessica signed a few autographs for fans as the singer couple left their luxurious suite at Hotel De Russie. For more pictures from John and Jessica’s Dinner Date in Rome:

http://justjared.buzznet.com/gallery/photos.php?yr=2007&mon=03&evt=jessica_simpson_john_mayer_rome&pic=jessica-simpson-john-mayer-rome-01.jpg

John & Jessica: Pizza! Pizza!
John Mayer and Jessica Simpson continue their vacation in Rome, Italy on Sunday afternoon with a lunch date at a pizzeria Da Sabatino (Le Cave di S. Ignazio). Jessica does not look to happy with the choice of restaurant — perhaps she prefers Pizza Hut and those cheesy bites! (Jessica was/is a Pizza Hut spokesperson.) John later goes out alone to capture the essence of Rome by snapping a few photographs of his own.

http://justjared.buzznet.com/gallery/photos.php?yr=2007&mon=03&evt=john_mayer_jessica_simpson_italy&pic=john-mayer-jessica-simpson-italy-01.jpg

Mayer & Simpson: It’s Over!
Their European sojourn comes to an end!

John Mayer and Jessica Simpson cut their week-long vacation short, arriving at Fiumicino Airport on Monday afternoon in Rome, Italy. Ever the gentleman, John handles the luggage. John even helps Jessica repack her Louis Vuitton toiletries case. Coin slot alert!!

http://justjared.buzznet.com/gallery/photos.php?yr=2007&mon=03&evt=john_mayer_jessica_simpson_rome_italy&pic=john-mayer-jessica-simpson-rome-italy-01.jpg

[ Bericht 22% gewijzigd door Jill-RMC op 13-03-2007 23:44:42 ]
abonnement bol.com Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')