abonnement Unibet Coolblue
pi_46825234
De NOAA heeft een Major Severe Weather Outbreak' waarschuwing uitgegeven voor vanavond en vannacht. In de staten Ohio, Mississippi, Alabama en Georgia zwaar weer verwacht met kans op veel en langdurige tornado's.

De NOAA heeft speciaal een uitgebreide waarschuwing gepubliceerd met alle details.

Kijk op weather.gov

En CNN

VWK

Ze verwachten heel wat daar.

[ Bericht 6% gewijzigd door #ANONIEM op 01-03-2007 22:56:03 ]
pi_46825978
Hmmm.... het woord "weeralarm" komt ons nu ondertussen ook wel bekend (en vertrouwd) voor
Maar is het daar nu niet tornado season?
pi_46826624
quote:
Op donderdag 1 maart 2007 22:40 schreef Locusta het volgende:
Hmmm.... het woord "weeralarm" komt ons nu ondertussen ook wel bekend (en vertrouwd) voor
Maar is het daar nu niet tornado season?
Klopt...het tornadoseizoen is ongeveer van maart tot en met juli.
pi_46827004
quote:
Op donderdag 1 maart 2007 22:54 schreef aloa het volgende:

Klopt...het tornadoseizoen is ongeveer van maart tot en met juli.
Timing! Nou, goed begin is het halve werk he
Dus het seizoen is nog maar net begonnen en het gedonder begint al weer....
  donderdag 1 maart 2007 @ 23:22:47 #5
29444 RemcoDelft
4 8 15 16 23 42
pi_46827950
Hahaha "weeralarm" krijgen wij bij 5 cm sneeuw of windkracht 7 ...
censuur :O
pi_46832544
quote:
Op donderdag 1 maart 2007 23:03 schreef Locusta het volgende:

[..]

Timing! Nou, goed begin is het halve werk he
Dus het seizoen is nog maar net begonnen en het gedonder begint al weer....
Het seizoen was "al langer geopend"

[ Bericht 73% gewijzigd door okee6 op 02-03-2007 01:39:02 ]
  vrijdag 2 maart 2007 @ 01:33:29 #7
60922 Big_Boss_Man
Subtiel labiel
pi_46832576
halve werk is een goed begin
feest
pi_46832622
Nu is het officieel zullen we maar zeggen.
quote:
Tornadoes kill 13 in Alabama town, 1 Missouri girl
Updated 3/1/2007 6:19 PM ET
Enlarge By Danny Tindell, Dothan Eagle via AP
From staff and wire reports
Apparent tornadoes killed at least 13 people in Alabama on Thursday, including eight at a high school where students were trapped under a collapsed roof, state officials said. State Emergency Management Agency spokeswoman Yasamie Richardson said eight fatalities "are in relation to the high school but whether they are all students or some students and teachers we're not sure." House Speaker Seth Hammett, at the statehouse in Montgomery, announced that five people had died at Miller's Ferry in west Alabama, where another apparent tornado tore into mobile homes.

Martha Rodriquez, a 15-year-old sophomore, said she had left the school about five minutes before the storm hit. When she returned, a hall at the school had collapsed, she said. "The stadium was destroyed and there were cars tipped over in the parking lot and trees were ripped out. There were trees and wood everywhere. It was just horrible," she said. More than 40 people were brought in to an Enterprise hospital as a violent storm front crossed the state. The same system was blamed for a tornado that killed a 7-year-old girl in Missouri.

Several school systems across Alabama closed or dismissed students early Thursday as the storm front approached from the west, extending the length of the state. "The clouds were so dark that all the lights out here came on," said Walter Thornton, who works at Enterprise Municipal Airport. The severe storm system, created by the collision of moist Gulf air and a frigid air mass below an unusually strong jet stream, packed hail and high winds as it rolled across Missouri, Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia.

In Caulfield, Mo., law enforcement officers said a young girl died after a tornado hit a mobile home in a rural area 16 miles southwest of West Plains, Mo. Howell County Sheriff Robbie Crites identified the victim as Elizabeth Croney, whose mother, father and a brother were injured when the twister struck. It took paramedics about an hour to reach the home, and they had to use chain saws to cut through wooded debris blocking the road. "It was a single mobile home, but it was in a salvage yard with scrap metal," said Dennis Crider, sports editor for the West Plains Daily Quill, who arrived at the scene about an hour after the twister hit. "It looks like a bomb was dropped in there. Stuff is spun everywhere in the trees." Deputies said four mobile homes, two houses and two service stations were damaged by the twisters. A tornado also touched down near an elementary school, but the building was not damaged.

Wednesday night, a twister struck in Linn County, Kan., along the Missouri state line, destroying a power substation. Roofs and siding were torn from buildings, according to Linn County Emergency Management Director David Yates. He said some minor injuries were reported. "It's a total loss," said Paul Norris, operations manager for Heartland Rural Electric Cooperative. He said the storm also ripped out poles and electric lines, but power was expected to be restored by the end of the day. The tornadoes were spawned by a collision of moist Gulf air and a frigid air mass whipped by an unusually strong jet stream.

The National Weather Service warned of a "potentially very dangerous situation" from more tornadoes and high winds from Missouri to Florida throughout the day. The NWS said eastern Mississippi and Alabama were considered a "high risk" for severe weather into the afternoon, especially from strong and sustained tornadoes. The forecasters said strong tornadoes were possible later today across portions of Tennessee and Georgia along with damaging winds and isolated tornadoes across much of the lower Ohio Valley. Severe thunderstorms were also possible in the lower Mississippi valley, the Gulf area and south Atlantic coastal states.

[ Bericht 2% gewijzigd door okee6 op 02-03-2007 01:45:02 ]
  vrijdag 2 maart 2007 @ 01:35:06 #9
71919 wonderer
Hung like a My Little Pony
pi_46832628
Fun. Hoop dat het staartje ons deze keer links laat liggen.
"Pain is my friend. I can trust pain. I can trust pain to make my life utterly miserable."
"My brain is too smart for me."
"We don't need no education." "Yes you do, you just used a double negative."
  vrijdag 2 maart 2007 @ 02:04:00 #10
34663 SpeedyGJ
Zo snel als de bliksem O+
pi_46833267
http://www.nu.nl/news/993(...)kt_slachtoffers.html

itgegeven: 1 maart 2007 23:50
WASHINGTON - Een tornado in de Amerikaanse staat Alabama heeft zeker acht doden veroorzaakt. Dat meldden Amerikaanse media donderdagavond.

De tornado trof de plaats Enterprise.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPueUwKfPaGH7v48LZlltkg" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">WSDokkum Youtube</a>
pi_46835189
Blizzard hits Midwest, Plains

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -- Heavy, wet snow and blizzard conditions hit the Plains and Midwest on Thursday, shutting down hundreds of miles of interstate.

Schools closed in several states, and hundreds of flights were canceled.

Two people were killed when their car overturned on a slick road in North Dakota, and snowplows were pulled off the roads in western Minnesota because of strong wind and unrelenting snow.

The storm moved into Iowa with rain and sleet but changed to snow around dawn.

The western part of the state was hit with a blizzard that dropped visibility to a quarter-mile or less for at least three hours.

By midday, as much as a foot of snow covered the town of Atlantic.

A blizzard also hit eastern Nebraska, with a foot of snow in the Omaha area and up to 15 inches of snow expected in some areas before it dies off Friday.

Interstate 80 was closed for nearly 200 miles from York, Nebraska, to Des Moines; I-35 was shut down for 115 miles from Ames, Iowa, to Albert Lea, Minnesota; and I-90 was closed from Albert Lea to the South Dakota line, about 150 miles to the west.
pi_46835197
quote:
Op vrijdag 2 maart 2007 01:35 schreef wonderer het volgende:
Fun. Hoop dat het staartje ons deze keer links laat liggen.
Een tornado is wat anders dan een orkaan. Een tornado is een (soort) wervelwind.
pi_46835219
Tornado’s Alabama: 13 doden te betreuren

Het weeralarm dat gold voor delen in de Verenigde sStaten heeft niet mogen voorkomen dat mensen slachtoffer werden van het natuurgeweld in de vorm van krachtige en verwoestende tornado's.

Hevige onweersbuien trokken door Alabama in de middag vergezeld door tornado’s.
Ondanks de uitgebreide waarschuwingen kon niet voorkomen worden dat leerlingen van een school – Enterprise High School - getroffen werden doordat een hal waarin veel leerlingen toevlucht hadden gezocht in elkaar stortte als gevolg van een tornado die langs de school trok.

5 slachtoffers vielen bij Wilcox County town of Miller’s Ferry, waar 20 huizen aan een meer werden getroffen, doordat een tornado overtrok. Alle bomen en huizen daar zijn totaal vernield.

VWK
  Moderator vrijdag 2 maart 2007 @ 12:10:58 #14
8781 crew  Frutsel
pi_46841192
ENTERPRISE, Ala. — Tornadoes and violent storms roared Thursday across Alabama, killing at least 7 people, including 5 at Enterprise High School, where students were reportedly trapped after a roof collapsed on them.

More than 50 people were hospitalized across the state, according to the Associated Press.

Meanwhile, the system of powerful tornadoes passed from Alabama into southwest Georgia, hitting a hospital and causing at least nine deaths, a state official said.

A fire chief reported six deaths caused by the storm in Baker County in southwest Georgia, said Buzz Weiss of the Georgia Emergency Management Agency.

In Sumter County, two people were reported killed and an undetermined number injured by the storm, which damaged the county's main hospital, Weiss said late Thursday.

Sumter County deputy sheriff Eric Brown said he could not confirm the fatalities but that the storms had knocked out power to the entire city and part of the rest of the county. He said there were injuries but he did not know how many.

Weiss said it appeared that a tornado hit Sumter Regional Hospital in Americus, but that officials there were unsure whether the injured and the dead were inside the building at the time.

Weiss said that farther north in Taylor County, there was one death reported and four injuries, but he had no details on exactly how the injuries occurred — just that they were storm-related.

"We also have reports of injuries in Muscogee County. We have no details on nature of injuries or the number," he said. A Taylor County sheriff's dispatcher said there was extensive storm damage in the county but the number of deaths or injuries was unknown.

Weiss said between 40 and 60 homes were damaged in Clay County, south of Muscogee along the Chattahoochee River on the Alabama line.

In Muscogee County, the National Weather Service said a twister struck about 6 p.m.

The storm knocked out power to 15,000 homes in Columbus and another 3,200 across the Chattahoochee in Phenix City, Ala., damaged some buildings and toppled trees into streets.

In Alabama, State Emergency Management Agency spokeswoman Yasamie Richardson said it wasn't clear whether the deaths at the high school were all students or a mix of students and teachers.

Enterprise Police Chief T.D. Jones said students remain trapped inside the school and workers are attempting to move a wall that is acting as a barrier between the workers and the students, according to a report in the Enterprise Ledger newspaper.

"The number could very well increase as the search effort continues through the night," state emergency management spokeswoman Yasamie Richardson said.

Gov. Bob Riley ordered more than 100 National Guard troops sent to Enterprise, with additional troops standing by.

There are also representatives from the Alabama Department of Emergency Management on the scene, along with a search and rescue team from nearby Dothan, Ala. Rescue squads from around the Wiregrass, Ala, have also responded.

FOX News confirmed that President Bush has offered federal assistance to Riley and Missouri Gov. Matt Blunt and is "deeply saddened by the loss of life," according to Whtie House aides.

Lights and generators are being taken to the high school to continue the search and recovery effort into the evening.

vrijdag 2 maart 2007 @ 12:31:57 #15
34663 SpeedyGJ
Zo snel als de bliksem O+
pi_46841805
Wow wat een tornado al niet kan doen bizar.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPueUwKfPaGH7v48LZlltkg" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">WSDokkum Youtube</a>
  vrijdag 2 maart 2007 @ 13:34:00 #16
10763 popolon
Fetchez la vache!
pi_46843933
quote:
Op donderdag 1 maart 2007 23:22 schreef RemcoDelft het volgende:
Hahaha "weeralarm" krijgen wij bij 5 cm sneeuw of windkracht 7 ...
Denk dat het woord 'alarm' nu wel op z'n plaats is.

't Is nog niet voorbij, er worden er nog meer verwacht. Die beelden zijn best angstig: De lucht wordt zwart en dan *BEMM*
Patience is not one of my virtues, neither is memory. Or patience for that matter.
  Moderator vrijdag 2 maart 2007 @ 16:38:49 #17
8781 crew  Frutsel
pi_46851002
Die ravage is echt enorm zeg

vrijdag 2 maart 2007 @ 16:46:11 #18
71919 wonderer
pi_46851293
quote:
Op vrijdag 2 maart 2007 05:57 schreef nummer_zoveel het volgende:

[..]

Een tornado is wat anders dan een orkaan. Een tornado is een (soort) wervelwind.
Maar tornado's ontstaan niet zomaar en meestal heeft zo'n situatie toch wel effect hier.
"Pain is my friend. I can trust pain. I can trust pain to make my life utterly miserable."
  Moderator vrijdag 2 maart 2007 @ 17:33:48 #19
8781 crew  Frutsel
pi_46852668
quote:
Op vrijdag 2 maart 2007 16:46 schreef wonderer het volgende:

[..]

Maar tornado's ontstaan niet zomaar en meestal heeft zo'n situatie toch wel effect hier.
Nee
Tornado's zijn niet te vergelijken met orkanen, die 1000 maal groter zijn en ook een veel breder gebied zullen treffen.
Een tornado bestaat vaak maar een halve minuut, uitzonderlijke gevallen enkele minuten en komen voort uit 'normale' onweersbuien. Echter wel zeer zware onweersbuien. Deze buien lossen na enkele uren, hooguit een dag weer op en hebben geen gevolgen voor gebieden duizenden kilometers verderop Een orkaan kan dat echter wel hebben
  vrijdag 2 maart 2007 @ 17:36:12 #20
10763 popolon
Fetchez la vache!
pi_46852736
quote:
Op vrijdag 2 maart 2007 17:33 schreef Frutsel het volgende:

[..]

Nee
Tornado's zijn niet te vergelijken met orkanen, die 1000 maal groter zijn en ook een veel breder gebied zullen treffen.
Een tornado bestaat vaak maar een halve minuut, uitzonderlijke gevallen enkele minuten en komen voort uit 'normale' onweersbuien. Echter wel zeer zware onweersbuien. Deze buien lossen na enkele uren, hooguit een dag weer op en hebben geen gevolgen voor gebieden duizenden kilometers verderop Een orkaan kan dat echter wel hebben
Ik denk eerder dat ze bedoelt dat er tornadowaarschuwingen voor vele plekken gelden, ook in het oosten.
Patience is not one of my virtues, neither is memory. Or patience for that matter.
  vrijdag 2 maart 2007 @ 17:39:35 #21
71919 wonderer
pi_46852823
Hm, okee dan. Ik heb ook niet veel verstand van weer Maar wat je op onderstaande map ziet, rechtsboven heeft niets te maken met de stormen in Alabama enzo? Hoge of lage druk gebieden?

vrijdag 2 maart 2007 @ 17:40:46 #22
10763 popolon
Fetchez la vache!
pi_46852854
http://kamala.cod.edu/svr/ Alle waarschuwingen.

Grand Rapids stond er gisteren ook bij met een 'severe thunderstorm warning'.
  vrijdag 2 maart 2007 @ 17:42:04 #23
71919 wonderer
pi_46852885
Hier ligt intussen weer 6"
pi_46852988
Fucked up, even in de gaten houden.
  Moderator vrijdag 2 maart 2007 @ 17:52:03 #25
8781 crew  Frutsel
pi_46853212
quote:
Op vrijdag 2 maart 2007 17:39 schreef wonderer het volgende:
Hm, okee dan. Ik heb ook niet veel verstand van weer Maar wat je op onderstaande map ziet, rechtsboven heeft niets te maken met de stormen in Alabama enzo? Hoge of lage druk gebieden?

[afbeelding]
Oops.. USA Based... ik dacht dat je met 'hier' bedoelde West Europa

Het regenfront etc zal wel doorschuiven naar het Noord Oosten idd... maar de echt zware buien waar tornado's uit voorvloeien zal dan niet meer zijj effect hebben..

Ik neem maar een break denk ik
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')