abonnement Unibet Coolblue
pi_46555395

Danny Murphy

Positie: middenvelder
Nationaliteit: Engels
Geboren: 18 maart 1977 te Chester (Engeland)
Lengte: 1.78cm
Gewicht: 70kg

Onder contract sinds: juli 1997
Transferbedrag: £3.000.000
Vorige clubs: Crewe Alexandra

Vertrokken bij Liverpool:10 aug 2004
Vertrokken naar: Charlton Athletic
Transferbedrag: £ 2.500.000

Debuut: 9 augustus 1997 Wimbledon 1-1 Liverpool (Premier League)
Eerste doelpunt: 14 september 1999 Hull City 1-5 Liverpool (League Cup). Murphy maakt in de 10de minuut de openingstreffer. In de 30ste minuut zou hij ook de 0-2 maken.
Erelijst Liverpool: 2001 Uefa Cup, FA Cup,Worthington Cup,Super Cup, Charity Shield,2002/2003 Fans' Poll Player of the year, 2003 Worthington Cup.

Danny Murphy werd in 1997 door Roy Evans gehaald. Op het jeugd WK maakte Danny naast Michael Owen zoveel indruk dat hij voor maar liefst £3 miljoen van Crewe Alexandra werd overgenomen. Ondanks zijn snelle debuut bleek de concurrentie te groot. Ook was zijn houding niet goed, zodat hij weer op loonbasis terug ging naar Crewe. Zijn dagen bij Liverpool leken alweer geteld.

Na wat gesprekken met Houllier kreeg Murphy een nieuwe kans in het elftal. In 1999 zou hij zich weer bij het eerste team voegen. Houllier zag het duidelijk zitten in Murphy. Het grote talent Thomas Rosicky kon naar Liverpool, maar Houllier had hem niet nodig. Dat zou tenslotte ten koste van de ontwikkeling van Danny Murphy gaan.

Murphy zou het vertrouwen van zijn manager niet beschamen. In het seizoen van de Treble was hij een vaste kracht. Dat seizoen zou hij 10 maal scoren, waaronder zijn fabelachtige vrije trap op Old Trafford.

In 2001 zou Murphy ook het Nationale elftal halen. Hij debuteerde tegen Zweden. Een blessure zorgde er helaas voor dat hij niet meekon naar het WK in 2002.

Danny Murphy zou in het seizoen 2002/2003 door de fans bekroond worden tot voetballer van het jaar.

1st team games: 249
1st team goals: 44
England caps with Liverpool: 9
International goals: 1

Loopbaan

1993 - 1997
Crewe Alexandra
1997 - 1998 Liverpool
1998 - 1999 Crewe Alexandra op huurbasis
1999 - 2004 Liverpool (rugnummer 13)
2004 - 2006
Charlton Athletic

2006-
Tottenham Hotspur

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgO_rAuAJfU

Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone...
You'll never walk alone.
pi_46555427
quote:
Op donderdag 22 februari 2007 12:25 schreef venomsnake het volgende:
[afbeelding]

[afbeelding]

Doelpunten van Pool..
You'll never walk alone.
  Moderator / Redactie Sport donderdag 22 februari 2007 @ 12:52:19 #3
92686 crew  borisz
Keurmeester
pi_46555647
goede overwinning gister
winnaar wielerprono 2007 :) Last.FM
pi_46569477
quote:
Op donderdag 22 februari 2007 12:21 schreef DIGGER het volgende:

[..]

Was ook mijn MOTM ja. Fantastisch op dreef.
Alleen jammer van die gele prent, maar ja, Deco

Wedstrijd deed me denken aan die in 2001, toen Liverpool ook Barca vrijwel totaal wist te verlammen. Tactisch gewoon uitzonderlijk goed gespeeld.
Deed Ronaldinho mee? 7 spelers waren vaker aan de bal voor Barca dan hij, totaal uit de wedstrijd gespeeld.

En nog lachen na afloop, de DSF had een studio vlak bij het uitvak, de nabeschouwing werd vrijwel onmogelijk gemaakt door het harde gezang van de aanhang na afloop toen de spelers al weer snel op het veld verschenen voor een cooling down en bedankrondje richting eigen aanhang.
Commentator en Effenberg moesten telkens stoppen in hun analyse omdat ze zo goed als onverstaanbaar waren.
Do you lead, or are you led?
Are you sure that you don't care?
pi_46571333
voor 1,5 miljoen kan Mascherano toch nooit een miskoop worden.
pi_46571637

pi_46571677
pi_46576290
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.
pi_46577240
LIVERPOOL
"Vanity, definitely my favorite sin. . . ."
  FOK!-Schrikkelbaas donderdag 22 februari 2007 @ 22:36:48 #10
1012 Doc
Loves C, M & R
pi_46577414
Outside the Shankly Gates
I heard a Kopite calling
Shankly they have taken you away
But you left a great eleven
Before you went to heaven
Now it's glory round the Fields of Anfield Road.

All round the Fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and he could play)
We had Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
Of the glory round the Fields of Anfield Road

Outside the Paisley Gates
I heard a Kopite calling
Paisley they have taken you away
You led the great 11
Back in Rome in 77
And the Redmen they are still playing the same way
All round the Fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and he could play)
We had Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
Of the glory round the Fields of Anfield Road
OG X BC - Orange Goblin Beer Core: Straight Edge - 'til the bar opens
Liverpool - JFT 96 - Never forgotten
pi_46580377
quote:
Op donderdag 22 februari 2007 20:44 schreef vitessezuid113 het volgende:
[afbeelding]

"Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve" Napoleon Hill
pi_46584590
OP Anfield Barca nogmaals een klap geven !
pi_46584816
quote:
Op donderdag 22 februari 2007 20:44 schreef vitessezuid113 het volgende:
[afbeelding]

Mooi gemaakt
O mamma mamma mamma, O mamma mamma mamma. Sai perche mi batte il corazon?
Ho visto Maradona, ho visto Maradona. Eh, mammà, innamorato son!
A Guinness a day keeps the doctor away
pi_46586648
heeft ie niet gemaakt. Was vorige week al in de krant te zien
You'll never walk alone.
pi_46604143
quote:
Op vrijdag 23 februari 2007 07:48 schreef DIGGER het volgende:
Mooi gemaakt
quote:
Op vrijdag 23 februari 2007 10:06 schreef stevengerrard het volgende:
heeft ie niet gemaakt. Was vorige week al in de krant te zien
idd niet zelf gemaakt , heb het ook maar ergens gevonden
pi_46605065
Mooi trouwens, Benitez die vertelt dat hij Barça op dezelfde manier bestreed als in zijn Valencia-tijd
Tijden gaan voorbij, maar de passie blijft!
Winnaar Serie A-toto 2008-2009
Ja, eind april 2007, de mooiste dag van heel m'n leven!
En daarom zing ik nu, bedankt Phillip Cocu!
  FOK!-Schrikkelbaas zaterdag 24 februari 2007 @ 00:16:23 #17
1012 Doc
Loves C, M & R
pi_46612252
Aansluitend op dndiek - een aardig stukje over de gang van zaken bij LFC onder Rafa da Gaffer
quote:
Rafa was interviewed by De la Morena on the programme 'El Larguero' of Cadena Ser, Spain, after the match. He talks about the game, the second leg, Algarve and his players. Hope the translation makes sense

Rafa?

- Yes?

Good evening

- Good evening

Congratulations

- Thank you very much

Well, even if it?s a foreign team?it?s coached by a Spanish manager and with all the Spanish immigrants and that seems to ease the pain a bit?

- Yes, I think it helps to soothe the pain a bit, no?

Yes. Did everything play out the way you dreamed it?

- No, the truth is that we went through a phase where we couldn?t control the ball well and I didn?t like how the team was doing?

Don?t tell me that you?re going to complain now!!!

- No, no?I think that? we did well but it?s just that phase that we didn?t control and then we were better in the second half?the team reacted well, we had a bit more possession and we had better plays on the counter-attack.

What didn?t you like at the beginning?

- We were losing the ball too easily?not the first few minutes, we were good then?but after?I don?t know, 15?between 15 and 30 minutes we didn?t have much possession and we weren?t threatening much, no?

What called my attention a lot at the beginning was the ?pressing? you did, the first 10 or 12 minutes?you had the ball almost as much as Barça?

- Yeah, that was the idea at the beginning, no? And we did well but it?s very difficult to maintain a high level of pressure against Barcelona because they have a lot of quality and a lot of danger, no? And you know that if you press them too high up the pitch and they get away then you leave them with much open space to run and to make through passes?and if you stay too far back they can create you a lot of problems on dead ball situations.

Of course?But I was expecting something else, I thought that you were going to play Barça the same way Valencia did?sitting back?but I saw you come out, pressing high up the pitch and?yes they were coming forward with open spaces but then it?s been a match where you?ve played Barça face to face, eh?

- Well, we tried, at least?like I said? in the second half, after we spoke at half time about not being afraid to play the ball, we had to try to keep possession and we were surely going to find some gaps, no?... Although, of course, when Barça have the ball and start passing it around they make you run a lot and it?s not easy then to get there at the appropriate time, no?

And now you?re going to have to start studying how to prepare the second leg?because now it?s going to be a completely different match and approach?How to play Barça at home but?counter-attacking, no?

- Well, the truth is that we have to analyze it, like you said, because?it?s not easy, no?...they are good at counter-attacking?and the norm would be for us to attack at Anfield but then the result is to your advantage and perhaps you don?t have to go forward all out?they have players like Giuly or Messi who are very fast and with a couple of long balls towards them they can create a dangerous situation with one strike of the ball, no?

I get the feeling that your team get along very well?however, I read that you have ?arrested? 15 of them!

- [Laughs] No, no. The team get along very well, the atmosphere is very good?and during our training camp in Portugal the atmosphere was sensational?what happened is that, well, in our last day they got a bit disoriented?but then the next day they?

They got confused and they couldn?t find their way back, no!!!???

- [Laughs] Yes, what happened is that there were two vans?and it?s true? there were two vans and the players that got on the first one got there on time and the ones that waited for the second van got there late, so?

So then you should fine the driver!!!???

- [Laughs]Yes, him too?but he was a Portuguese?but then they said themselves that they understood the consequences and that they took responsibility and they fined themselves? so I didn?t have to tell them anything?in fact?

What, they fined themselves???

- Yes, the players themselves said that?since they have an internal regime?that they fined themselves and that?s it?in fact, in fact I?ll tell you more, I said to one player ?I?m thinking X amount and he said ?No, no, no?more? and they upped the fine themselves, so I?m telling you that the atmosphere, and the players have behaved very well, despite those problems, no?

But, is the fine related to the vandalizing or that?s separate?

- There was no vandalizing. A lot of things were said that aren?t true?like Carra was singing with Gerrard and Carra wasn?t even there?Carra was in Liverpool because he had to leave early?nothing was destroyed there, I mean there were no incidents on the streets regarding any cars and broken glass, like I?ve heard out there?

I heard that also, that they broke?destroyed this and than?

- No, I?m telling you that?s not true and I tell you that later when I was at the Hotel and they got to the Hotel and the police was there?there was nothing too serious because I spoke to the police and everything was sorted out?and the truth is that it?s unlucky because this sort of incident is not uncommon and other times it doesn?t escalate and this time it was on the press and obviously you can?t deny it but it wasn?t as big as it was made out to be.

The two goalscorers?Bellamy and Riise?were two of the ?arrested??

- [Laughs] Yes it?s two of the ones that everyone was pointing their fingers at and I think it?s important for them to have scored?and, well, it?s a satisfaction because at least?many people were talking about them playing or not and I think that in this case the punishment was more a disciplinary issue?and on the sporting side it was down to getting the best team out there.

Hey, what are you doing tomorrow?do you give them the day off or not?

- No. We?re going to arrive and rest at our training complex and we?ll have a training session early in the morning?

So, tonight you get there and you stay?

- At our training facility?

You make them sleep over there?

- But it was their call. They?d rather do it like this because this way they train early?rest more hours and then get the rest of the day off because then we have another match on Saturday.

But, wait?I don?t want to hold you for too long because I know that it?s late and you have to go but you?re telling me they asked you to do it this way? That sort of thing here in Spain?either it?s not fashionable or there is a different kind of ?professionals? because?

- No, they understand it because they know they need to rest and they prefer to stay there instead of driving for half an hour or an hour to get home?and they?d rather stay there and get some rest, then train and then they have the rest of the day off?

Rafa, be safe, eh?

- Okay, thank you.

Goodbye

- Goodbye.
pi_46634717
Goede overwinning van Pool vandaag.

Het vertrouwen is goed.
  zondag 25 februari 2007 @ 19:08:02 #19
146874 DANILXL
timeo danaos et dona ferentes
pi_46666321
lekker hoor 4-0 klop, zelfs robbie fowler speelde weer eens en scoorde zowaar twee keer!
woensdag 24 juni 2008 01:51 schreef clumsy_clown het volgende:
Je topics zijn kut. Die klacht bijvoorbeeld, is pure vervuiling.
  FOK!-Schrikkelbaas zondag 25 februari 2007 @ 21:14:32 #20
1012 Doc
Loves C, M & R
pi_46671705
Wat was eigenlijk het laatste velddoelpunt van Robbie? Dit seizoen zijn al zijn 3 de PL doelpunten pingels tegen SUFC
pi_46679131
vorig seizoen ergens
pi_46685296
Arsenal B thuis dit seizoen.... bal achter de hak
You'll never walk alone.
pi_46688119
Ow ja.
Ik dacht in de competitie ergens vorig seizoen
  FOK!-Schrikkelbaas woensdag 28 februari 2007 @ 13:16:20 #24
1012 Doc
Loves C, M & R
pi_46769114
3 en 5 augustus LFC in R'dam. Eerste wedstrijd tegen Chinezen, tweede tegen F'noord. Ik ga denk ik wel een of beide dagen.
pi_46774387
Tegen Feyenoord lijkt me wel leuk om te gaan.
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')