abonnement Unibet Coolblue
  FOK!-Schrikkelbaas maandag 19 juni 2006 @ 15:16:45 #1
2057 Tokus
www.metalfan.nl
pi_39003582
Nieuw album, nieuw topic

Iron Maiden plan to release their new studio album entitled A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH, in early September.

The band started writing songs at the end of 2005 after a short break from their hugely successful festival appearances in Europe and the USA. After Christmas the songs were completed and rehearsed when the band then got together with producer Kevin 'Caveman' Shirley at Sarm West Studios in London to start work on recording the backing tracks.

Kevin Shirley has now co-produced three of the bands studio albums alongside Steve Harris, as well as two of their recent Live DVD's and albums. From this the working relationship between Kevin and the band seems to get stronger and stronger. Says Kevin, 'The Beast is back! I feel from the outset we all clicked on this one. We spent two months in the studio, from Go to Whoa - from Nicko's 'tubs up' to final mixes and sequenced master! That's a tiny gestation period for an album. Producing Iron Maiden is like sitting in the head and driving one of those mammoth automatons from Star Wars or Saturday morning cartoons! And there's nothing that can stop it!'

'I feel incredibly privileged to have been around to see this album born and breathe life. There have been only a couple of occasions in my career when the ENTIRE process of recording felt so complete - and it is on display here.'

As on previous projects all of the tracks were performed live and together in one room. No click tracks or computer tightening or manipulation has happened at any stage of the recording.

Says Steve Harris,' I think in many ways this has been the easiest album in terms of recording that we've ever done. The whole process of writing through to recording was very natural. I think in terms of the material we've also pushed our boundaries yet again and I think it will please our fans but also really surprise a lot of people as well. The sound we've managed to get is very powerful for a Maiden record and all of us have pushed ourselves in our own ways to create something that we're all immensely proud of and I think working as quickly as we did with Kevin really was part of that process. We simply can't wait to take this out on the road. We've played some great shows and had a lot fun recently introducing some of our older songs to a new generation of fans. However for us personally we're incredibly excited about getting out and performing these new tracks.'

Says Bruce Dickinson,'This album has to be our best since working with Kevin. There is such a wide scope of musicianship on this album and in parts this album is truly epic. I thought with the likes of Paschendale from the last studio album that we could only hope to surpass that but having now heard the album back as well as sitting with a few select people and hearing their reactions as well I truly believe we have managed it. Every one of us has put everything into this record and it's really paid off. However we've had such fun making it that it's almost difficult to believe what we've managed to achieve in the time it took.'

The full track listing is as below.

A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH

1. Different Worlds (Smith/Harris) 4.17
2. These Colours Don't Run (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) 6.52
3. Brighter Than a Thousand Suns (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) 8.44
4. The Pilgrim (Gers/Harris) 5.07
5. The Longest Day (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) 7.48
6. Out Of the Shadows (Dickinson/Harris) 5.36
7. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg (Murray/Harris) 7.21
8. For The Greater Good of God (Harris) 9.24
9. Lord Of Light (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) 7.23
10. The Legacy (Gers/Harris) 9.20

The band have just announced tour dates in Japan and the majority of the European dates at the end of 2006 are already sold out.
However please check the details of all of these on www.ironmaiden.com for latest information on ticket availability and for details of tickets just released from Production holds.
Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change
  maandag 19 juni 2006 @ 18:48:00 #2
45563 Djaser
Holy monk yorp
pi_39009355
Jammer dat er maar weer een compleet Harris nummer op staat maar verder heb ik er wel alle vertrouwen in dat dit goed komt.

Ook leuke topics:
Iron Maiden - 27.11.06 - Brabanthallen
Iron Maiden - Dance Of Death (Deel VII)
Iron Maiden, deel 4 alweer
  maandag 19 juni 2006 @ 19:27:33 #3
115209 NASDAQbastardo
Slaafzwepende blasfemie
pi_39010615
Wat is dat nou voor kutlogo? Een mislukte M16 met het magazijn op de plek waar je je linkerhand hebt, een mislukte helm, en zo kan ik nog wel even doorgaan.
|: Emadd9 | Am6 :|
An amateur practices something until he can play it right, a pro practices it until he can't play it wrong
  maandag 19 juni 2006 @ 19:29:03 #4
45563 Djaser
Holy monk yorp
pi_39010679
quote:
Op maandag 19 juni 2006 19:27 schreef NASDAQbastardo het volgende:
Wat is dat nou voor kutlogo? Een mislukte M16 met het magazijn op de plek waar je je linkerhand hebt, een mislukte helm, en zo kan ik nog wel even doorgaan.
Nou en? Is dit dan de officiële album cover?
  maandag 19 juni 2006 @ 19:44:29 #5
118784 denka
Vrijheid! Blijheid!
pi_39011182
quote:
tjesus...waar mensen zich al druk om maken...
Actually I don't remember being born, It must have happened during one of my black outs..
  maandag 19 juni 2006 @ 19:45:57 #6
115209 NASDAQbastardo
Slaafzwepende blasfemie
pi_39011222
Was het niet Iron Maiden die laatst zo'n wedstrijd had voor zo'n nieuw logo?
An amateur practices something until he can play it right, a pro practices it until he can't play it wrong
  maandag 19 juni 2006 @ 19:55:48 #7
45563 Djaser
Holy monk yorp
pi_39011567
Ik denk dat je in de war bent met Megadeth. Maiden was het niet, tenzij ik winterslaap was.
  maandag 19 juni 2006 @ 20:08:28 #8
115209 NASDAQbastardo
Slaafzwepende blasfemie
pi_39011962
Oh ja, die hebben ook zo'n poppetje he. Dat zal het dan geweest zijn
pi_39017346
Ah mooi. Wanneer komt het uit? Kan het in de OP niet vinden, en geen zin om heel die lap tekst te lezen.
'Expand my brain, learning juice!'
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/crossover1" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Last.fm</a>
  FOK!-Schrikkelbaas maandag 19 juni 2006 @ 22:11:45 #10
2057 Tokus
www.metalfan.nl
pi_39017491
quote:
Op maandag 19 juni 2006 22:08 schreef crossover het volgende:
Ah mooi. Wanneer komt het uit? Kan het in de OP niet vinden, en geen zin om heel die lap tekst te lezen.
1e zin van het artikel, lamstraal.
  maandag 19 juni 2006 @ 22:28:26 #11
9613 Seborik
I, Voyager
pi_39018228
quote:
Ik hoop dat het het logo wordt. Dan vindt iedereen het weer kut, en neem ik er wederom de grootste promotieposter van die ik kan vinden.
pi_39019399
Kan je doen, maar dan zit je wel met een matige poster.
Ik vind het ook een beetje beneden niveau, zoiets kan iedereen maken bij wijze van spreken. Veel te simpel.
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/crossover1" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Last.fm</a>
pi_39036099
VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
Ik kijk er nu al naar uit dat er een nieuwe plaat komt
Hopelijk lijkt 'ie op Brave New World of Dance of Death...
Brutal. Fucking. Metal.
  FOK!-Schrikkelbaas dinsdag 20 juni 2006 @ 14:50:40 #14
2057 Tokus
www.metalfan.nl
pi_39036131
quote:
Op maandag 19 juni 2006 22:48 schreef crossover het volgende:
Ik vind het ook een beetje beneden niveau, zoiets kan iedereen maken bij wijze van spreken. Veel te simpel.
dit is een simpel promoplaatje, wat ze waarschijnlijk her en der zullen zetten, net als de simpele Eddie op Rock In Rio (en voorafgaande tour). Geen normale albumcover-tekening.
  dinsdag 20 juni 2006 @ 14:52:11 #15
9613 Seborik
I, Voyager
pi_39036199
quote:
Op maandag 19 juni 2006 22:48 schreef crossover het volgende:

Deze is best mooi wanneer hij twee meter groot is hoor.
pi_39036399
quote:
Op dinsdag 20 juni 2006 14:52 schreef Seborik het volgende:

[..]

[afbeelding]

Deze is best mooi wanneer hij twee meter groot is hoor.
2 meter?
Wat kost zoiets?
Brutal. Fucking. Metal.
  FOK!-Schrikkelbaas dinsdag 20 juni 2006 @ 15:11:14 #17
2057 Tokus
www.metalfan.nl
pi_39036957
niet overdrijven, sebbo. Anderhalve meter hoog, 1 meter breed.
  dinsdag 20 juni 2006 @ 16:15:28 #18
45563 Djaser
Holy monk yorp
pi_39039450

Fake?
  dinsdag 20 juni 2006 @ 16:52:34 #19
9613 Seborik
I, Voyager
pi_39040764
quote:
Op dinsdag 20 juni 2006 15:11 schreef Tokus het volgende:
niet overdrijven, sebbo. Anderhalve meter hoog, 1 meter breed.
Ok, 1,5m en 1m breed, maar dan ziet het er nog altijd tof uit.
pi_39063595
quote:
Op dinsdag 20 juni 2006 16:52 schreef Seborik het volgende:

[..]

Ok, 1,5m en 1m breed, maar dan ziet het er nog altijd tof uit.
1,5 x 1 = 1.5 m2. Naar boven afgerond 2m2
  † In Memoriam † woensdag 21 juni 2006 @ 09:05:15 #21
21290 NorthernStar
Insurgent
pi_39063691
Weer eentje om naar uit te zien
quote:
Op maandag 19 juni 2006 15:16 schreef Tokus het volgende:
The sound we've managed to get is very powerful for a Maiden record
  FOK!-Schrikkelbaas woensdag 28 juni 2006 @ 22:48:43 #22
2057 Tokus
www.metalfan.nl
pi_39337050
quote:
IRON MAIDEN recently spoke exclusively to the U.K.'s Kerrang! magazine (web site) about their upcoming 14th studio offering, "A Matter of Life and Death", due in September. The CD was recorded at Sarm West Studios in London with producer Kevin Shirley, who also worked on the last two MAIDEN albums, 2000's "Brave New World" and 2003's "Dance of Death".

"'Brave New World' and 'Dance Of Death' were both good records," frontman Bruce Dickinson told Kerrang! "But they weren't anywhere near as good as this one! This one is 'Dance of Death' without the effort. This whole album feels effortless. It's like driving a big, gas-guzzling motor car. You just put your foot down and there's limitless power under the bonnet."

"It's been unbelievable," added bassist/founder member Steve Harris. "We booked the studio for three months and we finished the whole thing in two. I think the preparation was good. We didn't have the rows we usually have! We really focused on each song and it was a very positive experience."

"The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg", which will be the first single to be taken from the record, is described by Kerrang! as "an intricate seven-minute epic that starts with a creepy, ominous intro before erupting into a crushing, almost LED ZEPPELIN-esque riff and a powerful, emotive chorus."

"It's very different for us." admitted Harris. "It's very riffy. The intro has an almost nursery rhyme eeriness. Sometimes you try to create a mood and sometimes it's just there. Everyone's going to ask who Benjamin Breeg is, but you'll just have to find out for yourself!"

With regards to whether "A Matter Of Life And Death" marks a fresh lease of life for MAIDEN, Harris said, "Five years ago we were thinking about possibly retiring at this point, but now we're at this stage there's no way! Why should we? I don't know why, but I always had it in my head that we'd do fifteen studio albums, so we've got at least one more to go!"
1e single wordt dus blijkbaar The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
pi_39337799
Whoa !
Ik kijk er al naar uit
  donderdag 29 juni 2006 @ 02:28:09 #24
121217 Soli
Still I am...
pi_39343362
Ja dat wordt echt flink genieten.... heb ook al kaartjes voor het optreden in de brabanthallen.

Trivium staat in het voorprogramma, heb ze afgelopen weekend op graspop gezien. Wel goede muziek, maar voor menige maidenfan misschien iets te hard/lomp...
Though I\'ve reached a signpost, It\'s really not the end.
Like Old Sol behind the mountain I\'ll be coming up again.
Mijn Last.fm
  FOK!-Schrikkelbaas dinsdag 4 juli 2006 @ 14:05:55 #25
2057 Tokus
www.metalfan.nl
pi_39505800

Following the announcement of the forthcoming early September release of their new studio album A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH, Iron Maiden reveal their front cover artwork!

Also announced is the news that THE REINCARNATION OF BENJAMIN BREEG will be released as a very special single on 14th August.

Says Steve Harris, “This is a very intense album in many ways and we really wanted to go with a lead track that demonstrated that in the best way, rather than going for a shorter track on the album just to please the chart rules. Benjamin Breeg is a great example of the feel of the album in it’s really heavy riff and lyrically it’s a very dark, atmospheric and powerful song which really epitomizes what the album is all about for us. So it made a natural choice for us.”

In true Maiden style, the single will be released in two special Limited Edition formats, which by content will not be eligible for the UK singles chart. Manager Rod Smallwood explained, “There are various chart rules compliant to number of tracks, the maximum running time, price structure and all the rest of it. As for the new Maiden single - its simple - we’re putting out a two track CD - THE REINCARNATION OF BENJAMIN BREEG and HALLOWED BE THY NAME (Legends Session) and if it’s too long to qualify for the charts, then so be it. We have no problem with it being non-chart eligible.

EMI will also release a special 7” picture disc with collectable sticker of the ‘Crossed Guns’ Logo. B sides to both formats are from last years amazing ‘Radio 1 legends session recorded especially for the Zane Lowe show.

Limited Edition 2 track CD
The reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
Hallowed be thy Name (Radio 1 ‘Legends’ Session)

Limited Edition 7” picture disc
(To include ‘Crossed Gun Logo’ sticker)
The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
c/w Run To The Hills (Radio 1 ‘Legends’ Session)
The Trooper (Radio 1 ‘Legends’ Session)

THE REINCARNATION OF BENJAMIN BREEG is taken from the forthcoming album, A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH full track listing as below.

1. Different World - Smith/Harris - 4.17
2. These Colours Don't Run - Smith/Harris/Dickinson - 6.52
3. Brighter Than a Thousand Suns - Smith/Harris/Dickinson - 8.44
4. The Pilgrim - Gers/Harris - 5.07
5. The Longest Day - Smith/Harris/Dickinson - 7.48
6. Out Of the Shadows - Dickinson/Harris 5.36
7. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg - Murray/Harris - 7.21
8. For The Greater Good of God - Harris - 9.24
9. Lord Of Light - Smith/Harris/Dickinson - 7.23
10. The Legacy - Gers/Harris - 9.20

Iron Maiden undertake a massive Winter European Tour that opens in Denmark on 9th November, culminating in eight UK arena dates at the end of December (including two nights at Earls Court Arena). They will play to nearly 100,000 people in the UK alone! The majority of these shows are already sold out. Please check for details on www.ironmaiden.com for the latest information on ticket availability and for details of tickets just released from Production holds.
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')