abonnement Unibet Coolblue
pi_30626882
Ik heb al een tijdje een Sony VAIO laptop thuis maar hier zit een 5/6GB Harddisk in.. beetje klein dus. Deze wil ik graag vervangen door een iets grotere HDD (40GB). Nu heb ik gisteren alle schroefjes op de achterkant los gehaald, het toetsenboard kan dan los en ik kan een stukje van de 'onderkant' omhoog duwen maar blijkbaar zit het ergens goed vast... Is er iemand die weet hoe en wat je precies moet loshalen om de harddisk te vervangen?

Heb gezocht maar helaas niets gevonden... geheugen was simpel te upgraden maar de rest helaas niet iemand een idee?
Just say hi!
  vrijdag 16 september 2005 @ 09:15:40 #2
4118 ToMaSZ
Let the hammer fall!
pi_30627603
Welk type vaio is het?

En al in de manual gekeken?

Oh en de 2e google hit:
quote:
If you're looking at the monitor, on the left side will be a small screw that holds in the slat with the power button. Unscrew it, and slide the slat to the right. Don't try to slide it all the way off because it has a ribbon and speakers attached to it. Once you slide it over some, lift it up. There will be a little screw inside which holds the keyboard in place. Be very careful you don't strip it trying to unscrew it. Once you have the screw out, slide the keyboard up and liftup from the space bar and flip the keyboard over. You will now be able to see the harddrive, DVD/CD-RW, etc... There are two screws that hold the hdd mount in place, one one the upper right hand corner and bottom left hand corner (You will need a screwdriver with a very fine head). Unscrew those and then you should be able to detach the ide ribbon from the hdd. Now you can replace the HDD with another. One other note is, don't forget the adaptor on the pins of the old hdd have to go on the new drive.

This is how it's done on a VAIO PCG-FXA49. Hope that this will help you out. Good luck!
Scouting Rover Crofts Groep bouwt een nieuw clubhuis!
pi_30631059
het is de PCG-N5050X ennuh ik heb de manual nog niet bekeken maar wel contact opgenomen met Sony zelf... daarin kreeg ik dus geen antwoord; wel andere oplossingen waar ik niet om vroeg

De email:
quote:
Subj: Hello I've just purchased a SONY VAIO laptop from a friend. Model: PCG-N5050X... [Incident: 050915-001736]
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 01:04:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Sony Style Customer Care" <sonystyle@custhelp.com>
----------------------------------------------------------------
Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support
center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it
within the next 7 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

You may reply to this email by typing between the [===> symbols below.

[===> Please enter your reply below this line <===]

[===> Please enter your reply above this line <===]

You can view or edit your question and answer online here

Subject
---------------------------------------------------------------
Hello I've just purchased a SONY VAIO laptop from a friend. Model: PCG-N5050X...

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (Greg) - 09/16/2005 01:04 AM
Thank you for contacting Sony Online Support.

VAIO notebooks that ship with an internal hard drive are not designed to be removable by the end user and our service centers do not offer a hard drive upgrade program. Although third-party vendors or servicers may state the availability of internal hard drive models that are compatible with our systems, SONY does not support, or provide any assistance for these drives or their installation.

You may wish to consider an external hard drive. Although SONY does not offer an external hard drive, external hard drives can be found from various third-party hardware vendors using the following connections:

1. PC Card (PCMCIA)
2. USB
3. Parallel Port
4. i.LINK (IEEE-1394)

NOTE: Most third-party i.LINK hard drives require OHCI compliance
for compatibility. VAIO notebook systems manufactured prior
to November 1999 are not warranted to include OHCI. This
feature can not be added to systems after manufacturing as
it is a hardware function and can not be enabled through a
device driver update.

NOTE: The i.LINK standard uses a 4-pin port connection to transfer
data. Using a special 6-pin port connection, i.LINK ports can
also be used to supply power to an external device. Most
third-party external drives require this 6-pin port connection.
Not all VAIO models offer a 6-pin connector. If your VAIO does
not include a 6-pin port, please contact the third-party drive
manufacturer for alternative power options for their drive.

SONY does not and cannot make any warranty or representation with respect to the performance, suitability or compatibility of any product manufactured by third parties, other than those products originally included with your SONY computer.

TIP: If you want a more interactive support experience you may
want to try our LiveAssist Chat support available at:
http://www.iq.sony.com/srvs/conversation/liveassist.asp

Thank You,

Your Sony Email Response Team
CP72

This message and any attachments are solely for the use of intended recipients. They may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you received this email in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error please contact the sender and delete the message and any attachments associated therewith from your computer. Your cooperation in this matter is appreciated.

Customer - 09/15/2005 11:17 PM
Hello

I've just purchased a SONY VAIO laptop from a friend.

Model: PCG-N5050X
Serial: 28303050 5101180

Now this system has a 5/6GB harddrive installed and i would like to upgrade this one to a 40GB. I've already upgraded the memory but while the memory upgrade where successfull i can't get to the harddrive to upgrade that one.

Is there a tutorial available to upgrade the harddrive? or can you say wich parts have to be removed to gain access to the harddrive?

Thank you in advance,
Eric Bruggema out of the netherlands

Auto-Response - 09/15/2005 11:17 PM
Suggested answers displayed to customers
Just say hi!
pi_30632793
is reeds opgelost, zat een 6GB schijf in en die heb ik eventjes vervangen door een 40GB en nu kijken of winxp ook draait

trouwens moest veel meer schroefjes los draaien
Just say hi!
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')