18413 Summoner
Posterboy of the Apocalypse
pi_26313555
Trekunited heeft de strijd opgegeven.
  maandag 18 april 2005 @ 01:35:39 #277
18413 Summoner
pi_26313577
Tim can not get into the chat room. Seems someone has been up to some dirty tricks there. So here is the announcement. Tim can also not log onto the forum for some reason.

Paramount has agreed to do a release on our combined efforts proving that we were involved with these talks, negotiations or whatever you choose to call them. This is supposed to come from Mr. Wentworth?s office. We will see if they stay true to this. I have NO doubts that many of you will contact him. Please feel free to do so.

First, let me start off by saying that the way that most fans have united here is astounding. Most have all pulled together to try and keep Enterprise and Star Trek alive. I would also like to add that I am not sure why some on other forums were so mistrusting of what we as fans we were trying to do. It really saddens me that we could not all pull together in this to try and make a positive impact on the future of Enterprise and Star Trek.

Although non of our members that have contributed to the campaign have complained, most everyone else has. It boggles the mind that people do not have at least some trust in the fellow fans. It does not matter what series you are a fan of. They all push for unity as well as peace and that is not what all of the fans here on the internet have made this about. It has turned into a total concept of who is going to win and who is going to loose.

That has been wrong from the start and should not have come down that way by either side. If you were not happy with the way we were doing things. OFFER suggestions not criticism. Not one of the people putting down our efforts even tried to offer advice or contacted me personally to say ?try this? or you might want to run this by your staff.

Here are the facts. We have been in talks with Paramount. We have brought millions and millions to the table to keep the show going. We have had two companies in Canada that were involved in trying to move it to Canada. We also proposed another way of keeping it in the U.S so that no one would have to move. This was all thought out very well in advanced and pushed forward not by just the staff at Trek United but by the other Canadian Companies as well.

We had many people involved in this outside of Trek United. We are NOT producers, directors or know anything about the television business. This is why we got in touch with people who were. We made a proposal to these companies in Canada and they wanted to take it to the next level which was Paramount.

The main problem here seems to be us accepting fan money. This will no longer be an issue. Starting Monday or Tuesday. Andrew our attorney and I will start the forms and refunding all money that our members have contributed to this campaign as per the TOS.

With this being said. The money from the fans was meant to make a point and that is what happened. People stood up and took notice. The media ate it up. Paramount has noticed us to say the least. We have taken this campaign to new heights beyond any other. We let them know that we would not go quietly into the night without speaking our mind.

A lot of our staff and members have taken a lot of abuse from others on forums and various places for standing up for what they believe in and something that they hold dear which is this wonderful world of Star Trek. Most of our members stand for what Star Trek is all about. Unity, peace and working together for a common cause and we did this against incredible odds which to be honest I thought was Paramount. I never dreamed that we would be fighting fans in this battle as well. This is NOT what Star Trek is all about.

For the people that have supported us from the start and for the ones that continue to do so. Please hang tight. You have done everything that you could to try and make this happen. It is plain to see that this is not about money, ratings and or anything else other than politics with UPN and Paramount or somewhere else.

Our final proposal was knocked down by Paramount. We will not see a season five for Star Trek Enterprise. All money as I stated earlier will be refunded starting Monday or Tuesday of this week. We will not allow people bashing our efforts on our own forums. Please keep in mind that our members are fans just like you are. If you feel the need to rejoice over this.. Please direct your email to me. Tim@trekunited.com

For the members that have supported us Thank you. We are all winners. We had the dream that we could make this happen. Trek United will continue to be here and we will explore new ideas, but the fan donation part if it has made the point we intended it to .

Tim
  maandag 18 april 2005 @ 01:51:07 #278
87436 ThunderChild
Mighty pirate!
pi_26313738
Komt niet echt als een verrassing . . .
Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me
  maandag 18 april 2005 @ 02:03:56 #279
45 SiGNe
Uitspraak: Sign
pi_26313849
Wel jammer, Enterprise werd steeds beter...
  maandag 18 april 2005 @ 03:39:59 #280
18413 Summoner
pi_26314348
quote:
Meanwhile, sources involved with the production indicated that no matter how sweet the deal was, Paramount was unlikely to put Enterprise back into production. When asked about a rumor that the studio had been quietly planning since the middle of season two on ceasing production after season four, an executive involved with Enterprise said they couldn't comment specifically on that rumor but that it was "very likely".
http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/604/604625p1.html
pi_26314407
quote:
Op maandag 18 april 2005 01:35 schreef Summoner het volgende:
It is plain to see that this is not about money, ratings and or anything else other than politics with UPN and Paramount or somewhere else.
Dit is de belangrijkste reden waarom ik weinig heil zag in de reddingspoging, maar je blijft stiekem toch hopen...

Het is misschien een schrale troost, maar gelukkig hebben ze 'Veronica Mars', dat qua kijkcijfers teleurstelde (maar goede kritieken kreeg), nog een tweede seizoen gegeven.
  maandag 18 april 2005 @ 09:43:16 #282
81237 releaze
best of both worlds
pi_26316199
wat ik dan nogsteeds een beetje jammer vind, maar dan misschien ook wel begrijpelijk, is dat de series voornamelijk om archer, trip en tpol hebben gedraaid, met een beetje reed hier en daar. als ze in het tweede seizoen zoiets hadden van, de stekker gaat er binnenkort uit, we willen nog wat character development, laten we vooral gaan focussen op hun drie. ofzo.

het is aardig uitgepakt, maar ik vind het jammer van de anderen.
pi_26317862
quote:
Op zondag 17 april 2005 19:18 schreef ThunderChild het volgende:

[..]

Je moet 'm ook via een torrent plukken, die zijn wel goed . . .
Doet 't bij mij niet!!!
Die pagina laadt bij mij als een verzameling hele rare symbolen. Ik doe vast iets fout ik weet alleen niet wat.

Mja ik ben eigenlijk best teleurgesteld nou wat betreft het naderende einde van Enterprise. Het was leuk de laatste tijd. Van seizoen 1 waren eigenlijk bijna alleen de andorian episodes te kijken, maar het was zo veel beter geworden daarna.
  maandag 18 april 2005 @ 12:38:39 #284
37895 Sharkdoggie
Made of chocolate
pi_26319878
quote:
Op maandag 18 april 2005 09:43 schreef releaze het volgende:
wat ik dan nogsteeds een beetje jammer vind, maar dan misschien ook wel begrijpelijk, is dat de series voornamelijk om archer, trip en tpol hebben gedraaid, met een beetje reed hier en daar. als ze in het tweede seizoen zoiets hadden van, de stekker gaat er binnenkort uit, we willen nog wat character development, laten we vooral gaan focussen op hun drie. ofzo.

het is aardig uitgepakt, maar ik vind het jammer van de anderen.
Het is jammer van de anderen, maar daar hadden wel meer Star Trek series last van. Er zijn altijd ongeveer drie keyfigures en op de rest wordt wat minder gefocused.

Ook van jammer Trek United. Maar ik vroeg ook af in hoe verre geld een rol speelde. Paramount heeft geld zat en met de verkoop van dvd's, uitzendrechten, merchandise, etc had Enterprise misschien wel rendabel kunnen zijn.
Op zondag 29 augustus 2004 03:57 schreef nikky het volgende:
*drukt Sharkdoggie stevig tegen haar boezum aan en kroelt een beetje in zijn haren*
  maandag 18 april 2005 @ 13:20:40 #285
25301 Gorro
Reject False Icons
pi_26320965
Ik heb wat berichten over bittorrent/mail/ICQ afspraken verwijderd. Ook dit is niet de bedoeling van dit subforum. (warez/offtopic)
pi_26322652
Manny Coto, de man die zo'n beetje eigenhandig heel Enterprise in het 4e seizoen geweldig goed heeft gemaakt, word vanaf volgend tv seizoen producent bij het vijfde seizoen 24

Lijkt me fantastisch!
lekker faxen heel de dag echt genot
  maandag 18 april 2005 @ 18:53:30 #287
17807 Skimmer
Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
pi_26329248
quote:
Op maandag 18 april 2005 14:26 schreef wolfrolf het volgende:
Manny Coto, de man die zo'n beetje eigenhandig heel Enterprise in het 4e seizoen geweldig goed heeft gemaakt, word vanaf volgend tv seizoen producent bij het vijfde seizoen 24

Lijkt me fantastisch!
Mij niet... ik kijk geen 24... en eigenlijk heb ik ook geen zin om daar aan te gaan beginnen.
Nu weer met nieuwe Avatar!
For in the future, we will all fall silent.
War
Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
pi_26330222
quote:
Op maandag 18 april 2005 18:53 schreef Skimmer het volgende:

[..]

Mij niet... ik kijk geen 24... en eigenlijk heb ik ook geen zin om daar aan te gaan beginnen.
Idem
  maandag 18 april 2005 @ 20:04:55 #289
18413 Summoner
pi_26331012
quote:
Op maandag 18 april 2005 18:53 schreef Skimmer het volgende:
Dan maar wachten op Coto's nieuwe Trek serie, he.
  maandag 18 april 2005 @ 20:54:35 #290
9568 Witchfynder
/dev/bassguitar
pi_26331812
Zijn er nog nieuwe scifi-series aangekondig eigenlijk? Anders wordt het enkel Stargate:SG-1 en Stargate: Atlantis volgend jaar (in dit type scifi)! Andromeda is ook geanulleerd (terecht na dit barslechte seizoen).
Mijn band: Conorach || MySpace || Twitter || Lastfm
"The band makes it rock. The crew makes it roll" - Dave Mustaine
There are two kinds of people in the world: those who like Heavy Metal and those who hate music.
pi_26332101
Ik verwachtte een nieuwe Enterprise aflevering, maar Veronica gooit er eerst weer een ander baggerprogramma tussendoor
Op zondag 6 mei 2012 16:24 schreef Tamashii het volgende:
Dat kan niet. Dit stond in de Volkskrant. :'(
  maandag 18 april 2005 @ 21:43:56 #292
37895 Sharkdoggie
Made of chocolate
pi_26333326
Ik heb nu last van de maandagavond-waar-the-fuck-zijn-scfi-series-op-veronica probleem. Zou niet weten wat er verder nog boeiends op tv is.
*drukt Sharkdoggie stevig tegen haar boezum aan en kroelt een beetje in zijn haren*
pi_26333600
Kijk op SBS6, The Time Machine. Mooie film
Op zondag 6 mei 2012 16:24 schreef Tamashii het volgende:
Dat kan niet. Dit stond in de Volkskrant. :'(
  maandag 18 april 2005 @ 21:55:56 #294
37895 Sharkdoggie
Made of chocolate
pi_26333705
quote:
Op maandag 18 april 2005 21:53 schreef Cerbie het volgende:
Kijk op SBS6, The Time Machine. Mooie film
Heb ik al vaak gezien. Wel mooi, maar een beetje matig.

Hoe moet dat gaan na de laatste aflevering van ENT?
  maandag 18 april 2005 @ 21:57:12 #295
18413 Summoner
pi_26333746
In a Mirror, Darkly

Ik heb mooi een wallpaper van de USS Defiant in drydock als desktopachtergrond.
  maandag 18 april 2005 @ 22:00:03 #296
18413 Summoner
pi_26333850
quote:
Op maandag 18 april 2005 21:55 schreef Sharkdoggie het volgende:
Hoe moet dat gaan na de laatste aflevering van ENT?
Even wachten op de DVD's en dan voor het eerst een échte algehele Trek marathon doen.
  maandag 18 april 2005 @ 22:13:02 #297
37895 Sharkdoggie
Made of chocolate
pi_26334334
quote:
Op maandag 18 april 2005 21:57 schreef Summoner het volgende:
In a Mirror, Darkly

Ik heb mooi een wallpaper van de USS Defiant in drydock als desktopachtergrond.
Moet je die hier wel posten. Mijn favo. Star Trek wallpapier is nog steeds die van de Defiant (Ships of the Line).

http://www.fabuloussavers(...)Trek_wallpaper_x.jpg

[ Bericht 1% gewijzigd door Sharkdoggie op 18-04-2005 22:19:07 ]
  maandag 18 april 2005 @ 22:13:44 #298
9613 Seborik
I, Voyager
pi_26334363
Wat een heerlijke TOS-aflevering was die laatste.
  maandag 18 april 2005 @ 22:17:16 #299
37895 Sharkdoggie
Made of chocolate
pi_26334493
quote:
Op maandag 18 april 2005 22:00 schreef Summoner het volgende:

[..]

Even wachten op de DVD's en dan voor het eerst een échte algehele Trek marathon doen.
Ik vraag me af hoeveel uur aan Star Trek materiaal in totaal is geschoten.
pi_26335130
quote:
Op maandag 18 april 2005 20:54 schreef Witchfynder het volgende:
Zijn er nog nieuwe scifi-series aangekondig eigenlijk? Anders wordt het enkel Stargate:SG-1 en Stargate: Atlantis volgend jaar (in dit type scifi)! Andromeda is ook geanulleerd (terecht na dit barslechte seizoen).
Het tweede seizoen van Battlestar Galactica... en ik hoop dat ze dit jaar eindelijk gaan beginnen met de productie van het vervolg op 'V', 'V: The Second Generation'. Maar de reactie van NBC op het script van Ken Johnson stemt me weinig hoopvol:
quote:
"Do the aliens really need to arrive in all those big spaceships?
Because it'll look like you ripped off Independence Day."
Wie heeft hier nu wie geript?!

Op www.thefutoncritic.com staat een overzicht van alle lopende tv-projecten.

Ik hoop niet dat we tot het volgende decennium moeten wachten totdat we weer iets van Trek te zien krijgen op tv.
abonnement bol.com Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')