4. Love And Peace Or Else
5. City Of Blinding Lights
6. All Because Of You
7. A Man And A Woman
8. Crumbs From Your Table
9. One Step Closer
10. Original Of The Species
11. Yahweh

'Fast Cars' is in sommige landen een bonustrack.
Recensie van NME in het vorige topic door eskimos_zijn_cool:
quote:
1e recensie van NME. En als je bedenkt dat ze altijd negatief schrijven over U2 dan is het een hele goeie cd geworden:

'It's one of the most eagerly anticipated albums of the year, is set to be one of the biggest-selling and NME has heard it first: it's U2's new album 'How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb'. There are only two copies in the country but we got our hands on one of them.

The album, the band's 11th studio collection, is the follow-up to 2000's 'All That You Can't Leave Behind' and is an all-guns-blazing-guitar album produced by Steve Lillywhite (sp?). Because of a security lapse in the summer when a CD containing the record was lost or stolen from a photo session in France, security around the album is tight. However, NME managed to pull some strings to get a sneak preiew of an unmastered copy.

Out on November 22, 'How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb' is direct, loud and often heavier than their previous album, with a couple of songs big enough to shake stadiums. The first taste will come in the form of a single, 'Vertigo', released on November 8, but until then here's NME's exclusive track-by-track guide to the record.

'Vertigo' (3:07)
The first single, and as you'd expect, it's a corker. 'Vertigo' features a riff from The Edge as big as 'Beautiful Day', perfectly complementing Bono's cries of "Feeeel!" throughout the chorus. "Hello, hello, we're in a place called vertigo", he sings. It's an anthem, probable Number One single and an electrifying opening to the album.

'Miracle Drug' (3:54)
After the punky 'Vertigo', 'Miracle Drug' is much slower but still heavy. "Want to trip inside your head/Spend the day there", Bono croons. It's a love song with tribal drums and a massive guitar-led chorus. Could be a single.

'Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own' (5:02)
After two all-out rock numbers, 'Sometimes....' is the first ballad. Backed by simple chiming guitar and drums reminiscent of 'Where The Streets Have No Name', Bono sings "You don't have to put up a fight/You don't always have to be right....let me take some of the punches for you tonight". The feel is a lot like REM's 'Everybody Hurts'.

'Love and Peace or Else' (4:47)
An industrial growl and host of Nine Inch Nails-style noises hide Bono's whispering intro, before the song evolves into a clapalong, glammy chorus "Give me love and peace", Bono sings. It's the first hint of his political side, with references in to "troops on the ground". A thumping bassline makes it all sound a bit like Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.

'City of Blinding Lights' (5:44)
The second Big Stadium moment. Pretty piano opens the song, which sounds like an updated 'With or Without You', Bono's in reflective mood, singing, "The more you see, the less you know".

'All Because of You' (3:37)
'Achtung Baby'-era guitars back one of Bono's most confessional songs ever. "I'm not broke but you can see the cracks", he sings. The lyrics suggest that he may walk the corridors of the UN, meet with Presidents and be able to call the Pope on his mobile, but sometimes he'd just like to be simple old Paul Hewson.

'A Man and a Woman' (4:25)
If the first half of the record is direct, simple rock, from here on in it gets more chilled. 'A Man and a Woman' is the last of the straight-ahead rock numbers dealing with similar themes of lost love.

'Crumbs From Your Table' (4:57)
Compared to 'Vertigo' and 'All Because of You', 'Crumbs...' is one of the more understated songs on the album. Could probably have been a B-side.

'One Step Closer' (3:50)
An ambient-sounding track their old producer Brian Eno would have been proud of is the stand-out song on the second half of 'How to Dismantle...'. Bono's dejected, or in his words has "crossed the road from hope", but is resigned to his fate. "A heart that hurts is a heart that beats", he sings. It'll be the lighters-in-the-air moment on next year's stadium tour.

'Original of the Species' (4:33)
In keeping with the calmer mood of the second half of the album, 'Original...' has subtle, cinematic strings backing a pretty piano. It builds into an epic ballad which is classic U2.

'Yahweh' (4:20)
The title is the transliteration of the Hebrew word for the name of God, so it's appropriate what the closing song is a plea for peace. "Take these hands, don't make a fist", Bono sings, "take this mouth, give it a kiss".

'Fast Cars' (bonus track)
Unlikely to appear on the UK version of the album, this track is currently slated for inclusion on the Japanese pressing only. That's a tragedy for UK U2 fans as it's by far the most exciting song here. With a distinct Middle Eastern influence in the music, it's also where the line 'How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb' comes from. NME says: put this track on the UK album!

NME verdict:
For fans looks for that classic U2 sound, 'How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb' is well worth the wait. Some strong tracks - particularly on the early part of the album - guarantee this will be a massive-selling record and will set them up for some monster live shows next year.'
Tour 2005-geruchten

U2tours.com
quote:
Reports that U2 are planning to play Croke Park next summer have been confirmed by a band source who tells hotpress.com that "the shows are more or less a done deal."

Speculation that the European leg of the band's world tour would kick off in the 79,500-capacity GAA stadium intensified last week when Bono said, "Men are climbing these walls as we speak trying to figure out if they can put a stage in there. It's where we should be. To play there would be incredible. We're looking into it."

Reccy subsequently completed, the U2 bandwagon will trundle into the Dublin venue on June 26 and 27, with provision for a third consecutive show if demand dictates.

Croker already has a special place in U2 folklore with the two dates they played there in 1986 rated among the Joshua Tree Tour's finest.

In the meantime, there's been an enthusiastic response to 'Vertigo' with BBC Radio One B-Listing the single a month ahead of its November 5 release.
http://www.u2tours.com/faq/ :
quote:
1. When does the tour start? Will U2 be playing my city?

There's been no official announcement of tour dates yet. Paul McGuinness told BBC radio in May that the tour would begin in Miami in March, 2005. More recently, a Chicago newspaper reported hearing Bono say the tour would begin in Boston in March. Until something official is announced, everything is speculation.
  woensdag 29 september 2004 @ 14:39:09 #2
73438 Prep2Fight
Noem me alsjeblieft Tim!
pi_22285082
Roel_Jewel, wil je het andere topic effe sluiten
Tim's LastFM Charts
' I want a easy plateau, some place to rest my head '
pi_22285446
Goeie opening Roel maar hoe zit het nou met dat andere topic?
Paan!
pi_22286080
quote:
Op woensdag 29 september 2004 14:57 schreef Werner_Koekoeksklok het volgende:
Goeie opening Roel maar hoe zit het nou met dat andere topic?
Die gooien de MUZ-mods wel dicht . Ik durf niet te modden in MUZ .
pi_22286376
Oei, word je onderdrukt jongen?
Paan!
pi_22287619
pi_22290970
Slim bedacht, die topictitel. Nu kan je hem tenminste vinden met de zoekfunctie!
Heeft Fok! verlaten, jeweetoch.
pi_22298938
goh die review is wel een vette teaser hoor, ik ben erg benieuwd...
Get on your boots!
16-11-09 Muse - Lanxess Arena Keulen
Last.fm | Twitter
pi_22299148
Bono heeft vandaag een speech gegeven op de Labour conferentie...
quote:
On our last day at the orphanage a man handed me his baby and said: take him with you. He knew in Ireland his son would live; in Ethiopia his son would die.
I turned him down.

In that moment, I started this journey.
In that moment, I became the worst thing of all:
a rock star with a cause.
quote:
Do we have the will to make poverty history?
Some say we can't afford to.
I say we can't afford not to.
Volledige tekst staat op DATA: http://www.data.org/archives/000604.php
pi_22302732
Ik hoop nog steeds op concerten in de Kuip
Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG! Zoom-Boing! Z'nourrwringmm
pi_22308501
quote:On our last day at the orphanage a man handed me his baby and said: take him with you. He knew in Ireland his son would live; in Ethiopia his son would die.
I turned him down.

In that moment, I started this journey.
In that moment, I became the worst thing of all:
a rock star with a cause.

Ja die tijd daar in Afrika heeft wel veel indruk op de beste man gemaakt. Volgens mij heeft hij daardoor nog vele albums aan inspiratie in de pen zitten. Misschien zouden we er allemaal eens heen moeten gaan, maar ja, het is zo'n gedoe he jongens...
Paan!
pi_22308725
tvp

pi_22325003
Wat betekent "een B-side" nou eigenlijk? Een xtra nummer bij een single?
  vrijdag 1 oktober 2004 @ 08:19:55 #14
44600 Dandelion
ZEKUR OUWE!!!!!!
pi_22325064
quote:
Op vrijdag 1 oktober 2004 08:06 schreef m021 het volgende:
Wat betekent "een B-side" nou eigenlijk? Een xtra nummer bij een single?
Vroeger (sprak opa) toen je nog singeltjes had, hadden die 2 kanten. De A-kant met de singel en de B--kant met een extra nummer. Een cd-tje hoef je niet om te draaien, maar heeft wel diezelfde b-kant.

Denk ik
Get on your boots!
Last.fm | Twitter
pi_22326048
Volgende week is Vertigo 3FM-Megahit
pi_22329938
Haha, ik snap wel dat er singeltjes zijn met A en B kanten. LP's zijn nog niet afgeschaft hoor.
Maar met "B-sides" wordt dus iets anders bedoeld.
pi_22333265
uit Q-magazine:

A few article highlights:

Las Christmas the band scrapped a year's work and replace original producer Chris Thomas with Steve Lillywhite.

Most U2-sounding album since The Joshua Tree.

Bono says he is the Atomic Bomb of the title!! Bono: "A bomb went off when my old man died and I had no idea how to deal with it."

'Vertigo'
U2 as garage band. Over power chords, Bono sings about boys who play rock and roll.
Adam Clayton: "It was originally called Native Son and had a very different feel. Bono and Edge rewrote it when we started work with Steve Lillywhite. The bass and drums have a little bit of Echo & the Bunnymen in there - a nice wink to where we came from."

'Miracle Drug'
The sort of wide-eyed anthem that should by now carry a U2 patent.
Bono: "It started off being about the Irish writer Christopher Nolan, who was at our school (Nolan, who was born with cerebral palsy, won the 1988 Whitbread Prize for his autobiographical novel 'Under The Eyes of the Clock'). But in a more oblique way it's probably as much about Aids and the drugs developed to arrest it. I couldn't write specifically about that without feeling an idiot."

'Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own'
Bono on his father's death. As stately and emotive as One.
Bono: "There's a line, 'You're the reason I have the operas in me.' My old man was a beautiful tenor. He was this working-class guy who loved opera. He used to sit conducting the stereo with knitting needles."

Love and Peace or Else
As close as U2 have come to being Led Zeppelin
The Edge: "I'm delighted about this one. It's been around since the last record. All we had was an amazing keyboard part of Brian (Eno)'s and a rhythm section Larry and Daniel (Lanois) had worked up. I fought for hours trying to figure out what to do with this fantastic raw track. We cracked it this time."

City of Blinding Lights
Back to the wide-open terrain of The Unforgettable Fire, via a vintage Edge motif.
Bono: "It's a New York song. About going there for the first time. We were the first band to play Madison Square Gardens after 9/11. During Where the Streets Have No Name the house lights came up and there were 20,000 people in tears. It was beautiful."

All Because of You
Three minutes of gleeful stomping and a likely single. Sample lyric: "I like the sound of my own voice."
Adam Clayton: "Often when we have something which is straight rock it never goes anywhere - we just keep churning it around. But this was one or two takes."

A Man and a Woman
Motown by way of The Rolling Stones' 'Waiting on a Friend'
Bono: "The sound of sitting on a stoop in New York in the summer. I wanted a song that rolled up The Clash and Marvin Gaye into one."

Crumbs from Your Table
The Edge breaks out I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For's ringing guitar. Bono rails at the Aids crisis.
Bono: "I went to speak to Christian fundamentalist groups in America to convince them to give money to fight Aids in Africa. It was like getting blood from a stone. I told them about a hospice In Uganda where so many people were dying they had to sleep three to a bed. Sister Anne, who I mention in the song, works at that hospice. Her office is a sewer."

One Step Closer
Bono ponders the meaning of death over a hushed backdrop
Bono: "Noel Gallacher gave me that line. We were in Birmingham on the last UK tour. I was telling Noel that my old man had lost his faith and didn't know where he was going. And Noel just said (adopts passable Mancunian drawl), Well, he's one step closer to knowing, isn't he?"

Original of the Species
A strident torch song. Contains the lines, "Some things you shouldn't get too good at/Like smiling, crying and celebrity."
The Edge: "The last time I cried was listening to that song. It was a song Bono started on the last record about my daughter Holly. He's her godfather. The lyric became more universal. About being young and full of doubt about yourself. He probably won't agree, but I think it has connotations for Bono, looking back to when he was 20."

Yahweh
Quintessentially U2 - from soaring chorus to a title that co-opts the Hebrew word for God.
Bono: "I had the idea that no one can own Jerusalem, but everybody wants to put flags on it. The title's an ancient name that's not meant to be spoken. I got around it by singing it. I hope I don't offend anyone."

Fast Cars
Bizarrely, U2 come on like the house band in a Morrocan bazaar.
Bono: "We did this on the very last day in the studio. It was really just for fun, but it came out so well it'll be an extra track on the record in some countries."
alleen als ie ijs en ijskoud is!
pi_22333689
Thanx eskimo, great stuff om over na te denken deze superquotes uit Q. Laat dat album maar snel komen.

Trouwens, Bono die over de dochter van Edge schrijft, does that ring a bell anyone? Hey Jude natuurlijk; dat schreef Paul over Johns zoon Julian!
Paan!
pi_22335220
Bono:
quote:
Girls tend to be the best DJs and, let's be honest, The Edge is a girl with a moustache"

De rest van het artikel in Q staat volgens mij al in z'n geheel op interference:

http://forum.interference(...)page=15&pagenumber=1
pi_22349658
Edge een meisje met snor, grappig. Het ons aller bekende boekwerk van wijlen Pimm-Jal de la Parra inspireerde mij om een eveneens Engelstalige concertdocumentaire over Madness (topic '25 Jaar Madness en 2-Tone') te schrijven, alleen zal het niet officieel worden uitgebracht. Weet iemand of de update van U2 Live; The Concert-documentary nog verschijnt en wanneer ?
pi_22349877
Die is er al hoor, sinds eind 2003.

http://www.amazon.com/exe(...)946?v=glance&s=books
pi_22350079
Ik zal nog eens kijken of ie ook offline te verkrijgen is.
pi_22369371
grrrrrrr, ik wil niet wachten tot 22 november, ik wil het nieuwe album nu al hebben!
pi_22375386
Ik heb nog geen album van ze, maar deze wil ik wel even luisteren.
pi_22393799
Net 'U2 Live 2003' 'offline' gekocht.
pi_22397316
In Q van deze maand:

quote:
NEW Q OUT NOW!
"My old man died and I started drinking," Bono tells Q this month in a world exclusive interview. "I went to Bali for a drink." U2 explain why their new album may be their best ever and ruminate on life, love loss and why The Edge is a big girl.
  maandag 4 oktober 2004 @ 16:07:25 #27
81237 releaze
best of both worlds
pi_22397697
yay nieuwe cd! daar zitten we op te wachten!!
de reviews klinken goed!

moet toch wel eerlijk zeggen dat POP mn favo album is.. terwijl niet veel fans dat zeggen.. maar goed, ik ben jong
  Licht Ontvlambaar maandag 4 oktober 2004 @ 19:12:17 #28
94264 Uzumaki_Naruto
Fearless Vampire Killer
pi_22413554
Nog steeds geen bevestigingen over de tour he?
Verdorrie, laten ze nou nu alles bekend maken, het slaapt nu nog lekker voor een postkantoor, straks is het echt koud om voor het postkantoor te slapen!
pi_22413946
pi_22418585
quote:
Op dinsdag 5 oktober 2004 08:44 schreef Kleintje het volgende:
Nog steeds geen bevestigingen over de tour he?
Verdorrie, laten ze nou nu alles bekend maken, het slaapt nu nog lekker voor een postkantoor, straks is het echt koud om voor het postkantoor te slapen!
Als ze maar lang genoeg wachten word 't vanzelf weer beter
pi_22419839
ben bang dat het hartje winter wordt, zo rond jan-feb
pi_22419973
Ik dacht eigenlijk dat ik totaal was uitgekeken op de muziek van U2, maar 'Vertigo' vind ik toch wel een erg aardig nummer. Een positieve verrassing, derhalve.
Like a steam locomotive, rollin' down the track
He's gone, gone, and nothin's gonna bring him back
pi_22432059
quote:
Op maandag 4 oktober 2004 13:08 schreef J_TM het volgende:
Net 'U2 Live 2003' 'offline' gekocht.
Voor hoeveel, als ik vragen mag?
Dat boek staat nl. ook hoog op mijn verlanglijstje..
pi_22442177
Geen leuke nieuwe feitjes aan het feitjesfront?
Paan!
pi_22442557
Ik heb niets interessants meer opgevangen .
pi_22442994
quote:
Op dinsdag 5 oktober 2004 14:37 schreef Zander het volgende:
Ik dacht eigenlijk dat ik totaal was uitgekeken op de muziek van U2, maar 'Vertigo' vind ik toch wel een erg aardig nummer. Een positieve verrassing, derhalve.
Idem, toch maar in juni of juli volgend jaar maar eens naar een concert gaan

afsluiter glastonbury? nu nog wat gekken vinden om mee te gaan
pi_22468308
Stil hier....
Paan!
pi_22469494
Ik kwam net iets raars tegen op bol.com:
een Japanse import van Vertigo, nu al verkrijgbaar met bonus DVD erbij.

link
pi_22469526
quote:
Op donderdag 7 oktober 2004 16:54 schreef m021 het volgende:
Ik kwam net iets raars tegen op bol.com:
een Japanse import van Vertigo, nu al verkrijgbaar met bonus DVD erbij.

link
Die stond een tijdje geleden ook al op nlstore.nl .
pi_22472057
OK, wist ik niet, maar goed, dan blijft de vraag natuurlijk: wat is het?
pi_22477303
[quote]Op dinsdag 5 oktober 2004 23:24 schreef Murray het volgende:

[..]

Voor hoeveel, als ik vragen mag?
Dat boek staat nl. ook hoog op mijn verlanglijstje..
Voor 35,65 euro bij WH Smith. Genoeg leesvoer voor de komende maanden.
pi_22487271
quote:
Op donderdag 7 oktober 2004 18:59 schreef m021 het volgende:
De single zoals die in Japan te koop zal zijn?
Wat bedoel je?
pi_22487409
quote:
Op donderdag 7 oktober 2004 18:59 schreef m021 het volgende:
quote:
CD (ALBUM) | Japanse Import | Bonusitem: + book
er zou toch een versie komen met een boek met foto's door Anton Corbijn? Die cd-titel klopt niet; ga er maar vanuit dat het 't album is met dat boek .
pi_22488044
quote:
Op vrijdag 8 oktober 2004 12:28 schreef Roel_Jewel het volgende:
er zou toch een versie komen met een boek met foto's door Anton Corbijn? Die cd-titel klopt niet; ga er maar vanuit dat het 't album is met dat boek .
OK, weet ik dat ook weer. Bedankt.
pi_22488395
Levertijd 4 - 6 weken
  vrijdag 8 oktober 2004 @ 13:21:49 #47
44600 Dandelion
ZEKUR OUWE!!!!!!
pi_22488412
quote:
Op vrijdag 8 oktober 2004 13:21 schreef Mister_Slide het volgende:
Levertijd 4 - 6 weken
Geduld is een schone zaak.
Get on your boots!
Last.fm | Twitter
pi_22488853
quote:
Op vrijdag 8 oktober 2004 13:21 schreef Mister_Slide het volgende:
Levertijd 4 - 6 weken
Da's niet zo raar als het album pas in november uitkomt ......
  zaterdag 9 oktober 2004 @ 14:03:53 #49
17114 Pistol_Pete
Hard to be a saint in the city
pi_22510290
Vertigo vind ik een best wel ok nummer. Pas 2 keer gehoord ofzo, maar ben erg nieuwsgierig naar de rest van het nieuwe album dus alvast maar een bestelling geplaatst
[b]Stay Hard, Stay Hungry, Stay Alive[/b]
pi_22511502
quote:
Op zaterdag 9 oktober 2004 14:03 schreef Pistol_Pete het volgende:
dus alvast maar een bestelling geplaatst
Waar heb je een bestelling geplaatst dan?
  zaterdag 9 oktober 2004 @ 15:25:55 #51
17114 Pistol_Pete
pi_22511581
quote:
Op zaterdag 9 oktober 2004 15:21 schreef m021 het volgende:

[..]

Waar heb je een bestelling geplaatst dan?
CDWOW, maar tis een pre-release order natuurlijk.
pi_22512365
Best goedkoop nog bij cdwow!
pi_22519318
quote:
Op vrijdag 8 oktober 2004 13:41 schreef Roel_Jewel het volgende:

[..]

Da's niet zo raar als het album pas in november uitkomt ......
pi_22524105
http://www.stereoboard.com/artistnews/news-654.html
quote:
U2 Pull Plug On Online Ticket Shop

Lawyers for U2 have stopped an online ticket shop from selling tickets for a tour the band claim is not happening.

Earlier in the week the site was selling tickets for huge stadium shows in Dublin (Croke Park, June 26-27), London (Twickenham Park, July 2) and Paris’ Stade De France (early July, 2005).

However, the tickets - which ranged in price from £125 to £295, were removed when the site received a "letter" refuting the dates.

Speaking with NME.com. John Giddings, the band’s live booker, said that the band had not confirmed anything.

"There have been no decisions taken," he said. "There are no venues confirmed, there are no ticket prices confirmed."

Giddings said "every venue in the world" was being looked at for an upcoming tour, but could not say when an announcement would be made about that tour. He also said he would be "very surprised" if ticket prices were as high as those advertised on the website.

Meanwhile, a spokesperson for the online agency said the dates had been confirmed to them, but after receiving a "letter" they had withdrawn the tickets from sale.

Rumours of U2 shows in Croke Park, Dublin, have been circulating for several months.
  zondag 10 oktober 2004 @ 11:01:03 #55
17114 Pistol_Pete
pi_22529032
quote:
Op zaterdag 9 oktober 2004 16:11 schreef m021 het volgende:
Best goedkoop nog bij cdwow!
zeker met alle kortingslinkjes en coupons Heb ik de nieuwe U2 voor net iets meer dan 10 Euro op de deurmat liggen
pi_22530700
Zullen de tickets voor de tour trouwens ook online te koop zijn (ticketservice bijvoorbeeld)?
Ik ben niet echt iemand die voor de deur van het postkantoor zou gaan liggen.
  zondag 10 oktober 2004 @ 13:15:03 #57
62182 Georges
That's the shit
pi_22530827
22 november dus.
Een van de weinige bands waar ik nog blind de cd's van koop. Ik hoop dat ze naar de Kuip komen, lijkt me een stuk beter dan het Gelredome en het is nog dichterbij ook.
Volgens de policy worden proletarische discussies niet aangegaan
pi_22549613
Nog maar 41 dagen.

pi_22549650
Nóg 41 dagen .
pi_22553078
quote:
Op zondag 10 oktober 2004 11:01 schreef Pistol_Pete het volgende:

[..]

zeker met alle kortingslinkjes en coupons Heb ik de nieuwe U2 voor net iets meer dan 10 Euro op de deurmat liggen
Reviews zijn veel belovend, dus heb gisteren ook even een pre-order bij CD WOW! en idd met korting coupon krijg je hem voor iets meer dan ¤10 thuisgestuurd
pi_22557148
quote:
Op maandag 11 oktober 2004 11:05 schreef Roel_Jewel het volgende:
Nóg 41 dagen .
En hoeveel dagen tot download-tijd? 20? Nee hoor geintje, ik koop em natuurlijk gewoon...
Paan!
pi_22563192
http://www.star-ecentral.(...)igio&date=10/11/2004
quote:
U2's Religious Music

Mega rock band U2's music will be the subject of a religious course run by a church in Iowa.
The Spirituality of U2 programme, which runs by four weeks, is being conducted by the Westminster Presbyterian Church in Des Moines.

The course will illustrate parallels between U2's music and religion through the study of subliminal meanings in their lyrics and concerts.

Reverend Amy Miracle, who is in charge of the course, said that the vocal delivery of preachers and rock performers are similar, while church services and rock gigs were similar as well.

Miracle, a self-proclaimed lifelong U2 fan, said a U2 gig she attended at New York's Madison Square Garden was "one of the great evenings of my life".

U2's long-awaited new album, How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb will be released on November 22nd.
  dinsdag 12 oktober 2004 @ 07:24:09 #63
44600 Dandelion
ZEKUR OUWE!!!!!!
pi_22568517
quote:
Op maandag 11 oktober 2004 22:16 schreef Roel_Jewel het volgende:
http://www.star-ecentral.(...)igio&date=10/11/2004
U2's Religious Music
Tja, hier kan ik me best wel wat bij voorstellen, er zijn zonder goed te zoeken al verwijzingen zat, laatstaan wanneer je dr een beetje je best voor doet en dingen ziet die je wil zien
Get on your boots!
Last.fm | Twitter
pi_22577334
De kracht van U2 is juist dat het religieuze muziek is die nooit storend wordt voor mensen die niet geloven, zoals ondergetekende. Andere liefhebbers die er ook zo over denken?
Paan!
pi_22579455
Ja inderdaad. De muziek weegt meestal ruim op tegen de teksten. "If God Would Send His Angels" heeft bijvoorbeeld een slechte tekst als je niet gelovig bent (zoals ikzelf), maar de muziek is dermate goed dat de tekst weinig uitmaakt.
pi_22581866
u2 site: (na horen van melding aankomende tour op mtv news)

U2 To Tour in '05... But Don't Buy Tickets Yet!
Paul McGuinness has confirmed that U2 will tour next year but urged fans not to buy tickets until details are confirmed.

U2 manager Paul McGuinness today confirmed that the band will set out on a major tour next year but urged the band's fans not to part with any money for concert tickets until the tour details are confirmed.

An announcement is expected in the coming months. Some web sites are currently offering tickets for speculative dates.

"We are still very much in the planning stages of our tour for next year which will visit the US, Canada, Europe, Japan and Australia, and the band is really looking forward to getting out on the road." said McGuinness today.

"As soon as we have finalised the plans, the tour will be announced on U2.Com as usual and purchase instructions will be clearly available. Nothing is confirmed until the official tour announcement, no tickets will be released by Universal Island Records on 22nd November.

'Vertigo', the first single from the album, is currently Number 1 on the download chart and hits shops on 8th November.
pi_22582981
Heb Q magazine binnen .
U2 op de cover, en een artikel van 8 pagina's (4 pagina's tekst) binnenin . Esclusieve foto's (van Anton Corbijn vanzelfsprekend).

Ik ga vanavond maar es ff lezen .

Owja, bij de Preview albums over How To Dismantle enz.:
quote:
From its grainy cover shot to the widescreen music, this echoes the Joshua Tree's tone and scale. It may have a similar globe-gobbling impact.
pi_22609728
U2 gaat in zee met iTunes

op http://www.apple.com/itunes/u2/ad/ kun je een 30 sec advertentieclip van 'Vertigo' downloaden en voor de lucky b******s die over een iPod beschikken: via iTunes is de volledige clip (30Mb) gratis en voor niks te downloaden
  woensdag 13 oktober 2004 @ 23:52:43 #69
52543 Timo20
RODA JC FOREVER!!
pi_22610628
Net "Vertigo" voor t eerst gehoord nu pas ja . Erg goede plaat . lekker stevig
  donderdag 14 oktober 2004 @ 00:15:27 #70
62182 Georges
That's the shit
pi_22611239
Is er eigenlijk wel eens een U2 tournament gehouden? Beste nummers.
pi_22611313
Jawel, maar dat is alweer een of twee jaar geleden. Een nieuwe kan altijd.
pi_22615395
quote:
Op donderdag 14 oktober 2004 00:18 schreef Seborik het volgende:
Jawel, maar dat is alweer een of twee jaar geleden. Een nieuwe kan altijd.
In de vorige waren geloof ik ook niet alle nummers opgenomen. Alleen de nummers die op de albums staan, maar niet bijvoorbeeld de xtra nummers op singles. Misschien een idee om deze keer wel alle nummers mee te nemen?
  donderdag 14 oktober 2004 @ 11:20:32 #73
62182 Georges
That's the shit
pi_22616556
Ik zou best wel een tournament willen organiseren, maar heb er weinig ervaring mee en ook niet super veel tijd dus als iemand wil helpen dan kunnen we beginnen.
pi_22618255
Simpel:
1. Je zoekt ergens een lijst (of maakt er een) van alle U2 nummers ooit gemaakt.
Dat is dus inclusief xtra tracks op singles, muziek die ze voor films hebben gemaakt, etc.
2. Je start een nieuw topic en volgt het voorbeeld van de oude tournament
pi_22621464
Lijkt me een goed idee! Wie weet wat voor juweeltjes er nog tussen al het onbekende materiaal wordt gevonden. daar kunnen we dan weer allemaal ons voordeel mee doen toch?
Paan!
  donderdag 14 oktober 2004 @ 18:28:55 #76
44600 Dandelion
ZEKUR OUWE!!!!!!
pi_22624710
hmmm
op de pagina van de u2 fanclub (www.u2fanclub.nl) lees ik de data 1,3 en 5 juni in de amsterdam arena.
Dat is niet best...
Die data zijn okay, maar hoe kunnen ze in godsnaam in die ontzettende galmbak gaan staan...

hopen maar dat het niet waar is...

[ Bericht 0% gewijzigd door Dandelion op 14-10-2004 21:23:29 ]
Get on your boots!
Last.fm | Twitter
  donderdag 14 oktober 2004 @ 20:22:10 #77
62182 Georges
That's the shit
pi_22627219
Ik wil best een tournament beginnen, maar ik snap niet helemaal hoe die face off gedaan wordt.
Hoe krijg je die pairings van 2 nummers? Is dat geheel willekeurig?
pi_22635199
Dat snap ik ook niet helemaal, misschien moet je het aan de maker van de vorige tournament vragen.
  vrijdag 15 oktober 2004 @ 08:27:47 #79
44600 Dandelion
ZEKUR OUWE!!!!!!
pi_22635311
Loting? Alle nummers in een hoge hoed, en dan maar @ random tegen over elkaar zetten.
Ofzo?
Get on your boots!
Last.fm | Twitter
pi_22635702
http://www.vanleest.nl/pages/productview.asp?productid=651549
How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb (Very Limited CD + DVD + Book)
pi_22642614
Waar blijft die tournament nou?
Paan!
pi_22643742
quote:
Op donderdag 14 oktober 2004 18:28 schreef Dandelion het volgende:
hmmm
op de pagina van de u2 fanclub (www.u2fanclub.nl) lees ik de data 1,3 en 5 juni in de amsterdam arena.
Dat is niet best...
Die data zijn okay, maar hoe kunnen ze in godsnaam in die ontzettende galmbak gaan staan...

hopen maar dat het niet waar is...
Waar wil jij ze zien dan? (gezien het feit dat er een hooop bezoeker tegelijk in moeten kunnen)
pi_22644819
Check Top of the Pops (BBC 1) vanavond tussen 20.30 en 21.00: U2 speelt Vertigo live op een parkeerterrein bij de BBC's studio's...

Woonde ik nu maar in Londen.
pi_22645886
quote:
Op vrijdag 15 oktober 2004 09:17 schreef Roel_Jewel het volgende:
http://www.vanleest.nl/pages/productview.asp?productid=651549
How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb (Very Limited CD + DVD + Book)
Hij staat in de bestelling

Nu gaan we weer verder met aftellen
Er gaat niks boven een groot wit poederveld ....
  vrijdag 15 oktober 2004 @ 20:13:41 #85
62182 Georges
That's the shit
pi_22646520
quote:
Op vrijdag 15 oktober 2004 08:27 schreef Dandelion het volgende:
Loting? Alle nummers in een hoge hoed, en dan maar @ random tegen over elkaar zetten.
Ofzo?
En hoe doe je zo'n loting?
pi_22647100
Allereerst zou een lijstje met alle U2 nummers wel handig zijn voor een tournament lijkt me.

Allemaal geschreven door U2 en afkomstig van een officiële release (U2 album, single, soundtracks, tribute albums etc.):

1 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
2 40
3 4th of July
4 A Celebration
5 A Day Without Me
6 A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel
7 A Sort of Homecoming
8 Acrobat
9 Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk / Korova 1
10 All I Want Is You
11 Always
12 An Cat Dubh
13 Angel of Harlem
14 Another Day
15 Another Time, Another Place
16 Babyface
17 Bad
18 Bass Trap
19 Beautiful Day
20 Big Girls Are Best
21 Boomerang I
22 Boomerang II
23 Boy/Girl
24 Bullet the Blue Sky
25 Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
26 Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
27 Deep in the Heart
28 Desire
29 Dirty Day
30 Discothèque
31 Do You Feel Loved
32 Drowning Man
33 Electrical Storm
34 Elevation
35 Elvis Presley and America
36 Endless Deep
37 Even Better Than the Real Thing
38 Exit
39 Fire
40 Gloria
41 God Part II
42 Gone
43 Grace
44 Hallelujah Here She Comes
45 Hawkmoon 269
46 Heartland
47 Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
48 Holy Joe (Garage Mix)
49 I Fall Down
50 I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
51 I Threw a Brick Through a Window
52 I Will Follow
53 I'm Not Your Baby
54 If God Will Send His Angels
55 If You Wear That Velvet Dress
56 In a Little While
57 In God's Country
58 Indian Summer Sky
59 Into the Heart
60 Is That All?
61 Johnny Swallow
62 Kite
63 Lady with the Spinning Head
64 Last Night on Earth
65 Lemon
66 Like a Song
67 Love Comes Tumbling
68 Love is Blindness
69 Love Rescue Me
70 Luminous Times (Hold on to Love)
71 Miami
72 Miss Sarajevo
73 MLK
74 MOFO
75 Mothers of the Disappeared
76 Mysterious Ways
77 New Year's Day
78 New York
79 North and South of the River
80 Numb
81 October
82 One Tree Hill
83 One
84 Out of Control
85 Peace on Earth
86 Please
87 Pride
88 Promenade
89 Race Against Time
90 Red Hill Mining Town
91 Red Light
92 Rejoice
93 Running to Stand Still
94 Salomé
95 Scarlet
96 Seconds
97 Shadows and Tall Trees
98 Silver and Gold
99 Slow Dancing
100 So Cruel
101 Some Days Are Better Than Others
102 Spanish Eyes
103 Staring at the Sun
104 Stateless
105 Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
106 Stories for Boys
107 Stranger In a Strange Land
108 Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
109 Summer Rain
110 Sunday Bloody Sunday
111 Surrender
112 Sweetest Thing
113 The Electric Co.
114 The Hands That Built America
115 The First Time
116 The Fly
117 The Ground Beneath Her Feet
118 The Ocean
119 The Playboy Mansion
120 The Refugee
121 The Three Sunrises
122 The Unforgettable Fire
123 The Wanderer
124 Tomorrow
125 Touch
126 Trash, Trampoline and the Party Girl
127 Treasure (Whatever happened to Pete the Chop)
128 Trip Through Your Wires
129 Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World
130 Twilight
131 Two Hearts Beat as One
132 Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad
133 Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
134 Until the End of the World
135 Van Diemen's Land
136 Vertigo
137 Wake Up Dead Man
138 Walk On
139 Walk to the Water
140 When I Look at the World
141 When Love Comes to Town
142 Where the Streets Have No Name
143 Where Did It All Go Wrong
144 Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
145 Wild Honey
146 Wire
147 With a Shout
148 With or Without You
149 Your Blue Room
150 Zoo Station
151 Zooropa

Covers:

152 All Along the Watchtower
153 Beat On The Brat
154 Can't Help Falling In Love (Triple Peaks Remix)
155 Dancing Barefoot
156 Everlasting Love
157 Fortunate Son
158 Happiness is a Warm Gun (The Gun Mix)
159 Helter Skelter (Denver, November 8, 1987)
160 I've Got You Under My Skin
161 Jesus Christ
162 Night + Day
163 Paint It Black
164 Satellite of Love
165 Unchained Melody

Volgens mij is dit lijstje redelijk compleet...
  vrijdag 15 oktober 2004 @ 20:39:52 #87
62182 Georges
That's the shit
pi_22647170
Dank je, nu nog de loting. Dan open ik een tournament.
pi_22647303
BBC1

Kut volgens mij begonnen ze met een andere nieuw nummer... waarom zenden ze dat ook niet uit?
  vrijdag 15 oktober 2004 @ 20:54:41 #89
62182 Georges
That's the shit
pi_22647447
Is zeker net afgelopen dan, zie niks.
pi_22649392
quote:
Op vrijdag 15 oktober 2004 20:39 schreef Georges het volgende:
Dank je, nu nog de loting. Dan open ik een tournament.
Wacht! Hoewel dit er al een hoop zijn, zijn het nog niet alle nummers.
Neon Lights bijvoorbeeld staat er nog niet in.

Ik zal zelf ook nog eens zoeken wat ik nog kan vinden.

edit: wat ik nog heb kunnen vinden:

- Neon Lights
- alle tracks van het album Passengers

Neon Lights was wel al uit, op een andere single ergens geloof ik.

[ Bericht 7% gewijzigd door m021 op 15-10-2004 22:35:57 ]
pi_22649578
quote:
Op vrijdag 15 oktober 2004 22:25 schreef m021 het volgende:

[..]

Wacht! Hoewel dit er al een hoop zijn, zijn het nog niet alle nummers.
Neon Lights bijvoorbeeld staat er nog niet in.

Ik zal zelf ook nog eens zoeken wat ik nog kan vinden.
En Are You Gonna Wait Forever ook niet... die nummers zijn nl. nog niet officeel uit.
(Ok, Vertigo ook niet, maar die's al wel te horen op de radio)

Ben wel benieuwd hoeveel je er nog kan vinden...
pi_22649746
quote:
Op vrijdag 15 oktober 2004 22:25 schreef m021 het volgende:
- alle tracks van het album Passengers
Nou niet allemaal dan. Miss Sarajevo bijvoorbeeld stond al in de lijst en nog een paar andere. Maar er zijn toch nog zeker een stuk of 5 nummers van Passengers die niet in de lijst staan.
pi_22649911
quote:
Op vrijdag 15 oktober 2004 22:39 schreef m021 het volgende:

[..]

Nou niet allemaal dan. Miss Sarajevo bijvoorbeeld stond al in de lijst en nog een paar andere. Maar er zijn toch nog zeker een stuk of 5 nummers van Passengers die niet in de lijst staan.
Passengers is geen album hé, het is een band.. en dus geen U2.
Alleen staan Miss Sarajevo en Your Blue Room wel op een officiële U2 release ( The Best Of '90 - '00) dus die heb ik er wel ingezet...

Neon Lights is nog niet uit.. is in 2001 opgenomen voor een Kraftwerk Tribute album, maar dat album is nooit gereleased.
pi_22649985
quote:
Because the sound was a departure for U2 and the record label didn't want fans to confuse it with the new U2 album, the artists released the album under the pseudonym Passengers.
Dus Passengers == U2. Daarom zouden de nummers imho moeten worden opgenomen in de lijst.
quote:
Passengers is geen album hé
My mistake, het album heet inderdaad "Original Soundtracks 1".
  zaterdag 16 oktober 2004 @ 07:44:33 #95
44600 Dandelion
ZEKUR OUWE!!!!!!
pi_22656133
quote:
Op vrijdag 15 oktober 2004 20:13 schreef Georges het volgende:

[..]

En hoe doe je zo'n loting?
Nou wat ik zeg, alle nummers in een hoge hoed, en dan twee trekken en die staan tegen over elkaar.
(ik roep ook maar wat, nog nooit een tournament gehouden, maar zo doen ze het bij de UEFA ook )
Get on your boots!
Last.fm | Twitter
  zaterdag 16 oktober 2004 @ 07:45:49 #96
44600 Dandelion
ZEKUR OUWE!!!!!!
pi_22656135
quote:
Op vrijdag 15 oktober 2004 17:48 schreef mrkoenz het volgende:

[..]

Waar wil jij ze zien dan? (gezien het feit dat er een hooop bezoeker tegelijk in moeten kunnen)
Als ze denken 3 maal de arena te kunnen vullen dan is de Kuip natuurlijk ook een optie. Dat zou ik dan liever zien.
Get on your boots!
Last.fm | Twitter
pi_22665117
NME:
quote:
U2 TAKE OVER TOP OF THE POPS

U2 surprised fans in LONDON last night (October 15) when they played a short set after making a brief television appearance for TOP OF THE POPS.

The band performed their new single‘Vertigo' and the Roy Orbison classic 'She’s A Mystery To Me' live in the pouring rain at BBC’s Television Centre before treating the crowd to a series of new tracks and old classics, off air.

Around 400 fans queued outside the gates for several hours before they finally had a chance to see the band play on a stripped down stage in the car park.

At the start of the show Bono, who was dressed in a leather jacket and a cowboy hat, spotted Doctor Who’s Tardis by the stage and shouted to the crowd: “Wow it’s the Tardis. Exterminate, exterminate, pop music,” before he launched into their new single.

When they finished their TV appearance, the group carried on playing and treated fans to the U2 classic ‘Desire’ and gave an exclusive preview of two new tracks from their forthcoming album ‘How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb’.

They performed new track ‘All Because of You’ before Bono addressed the crowd and said: “This next song is about how we used to come to cities like London and New York when we were younger and naïve and how over time our innocence has disappeared and how experience has kind of kicked in especially when you’re smoking 40 cigarettes."

He added: “We played this amazing show after September 11 and we remember all these blinding lights after playing ‘Where The Streets Have No Name’. People were crying and it was an amazing thing to see.”

The band then ended the show with new song ‘City Of Blinding Lights’ and Bono said: “We’ll see you next summer. It’ll still be raining,” before he left the stage.

U2 fan Rob Cole, 33, from Shepherd’s Bush said he was surprised the band carried on playing after their TV appearance.

He said: “It was amazing. I really didn’t expect that. You don’t get to see the biggest band in the world play at the bottom of your street for free very often. It is good to see they are just as good as they always have been and I’m looking forward to seeing them tour next year.”

U2 played:

‘Vertigo’
‘All Because Of You’
‘Desire’
‘She’s A Mystery’
‘City Of Blinding Lights’
  zaterdag 16 oktober 2004 @ 19:38:31 #98
62182 Georges
That's the shit
pi_22665876
Mooi stuk.
Dat zouden bands in het algemeen wel eens wat vaker mogen doen, spontaan ergens optreden.
pi_22665973
De limited edition van de CD (+DVD+Fotoboek) is bij www.play.com al uitverkocht

Gelukkig had ik 'm al besteld voor 12 pond
pi_22666065
Volgens Willie Williams zal het 1e deel van de tour in de VS beginnen in Maart, zal een mix van outdoor/indoor zijn.... Europese gedeelte zal helemaal outdoor zijn...

De Kuip?
  zaterdag 16 oktober 2004 @ 20:22:30 #101
62182 Georges
That's the shit
pi_22666781
Laten we hopen dat het de Kuip wordt. Liever geen Arena of Gelredome.
pi_22667250
quote:
Op zaterdag 16 oktober 2004 19:43 schreef calvobbes het volgende:
De limited edition van de CD (+DVD+Fotoboek) is bij www.play.com al uitverkocht

Gelukkig had ik 'm al besteld voor 12 pond
ik ook ja . Nu staat ie bij play voor 17 pond (en dus uitverkocht).
Bij Van Leest vragen ze er 38 euro voor .
  dinsdag 19 oktober 2004 @ 14:45:42 #103
24361 Neva
Mania lovin'
pi_22724278
hmm je lijstje is niet geheel compleet hoor ik wil wel een lijstje ook maken if u want?

U2
pi_22749356
Leuk dat ze door beleven spelen na dat tv-optreden. Ik dacht trouwens dat Bono zelf die 'Roy Orbison Classic' had geschreven, maar ik kan het mis hebben natuurlijk.
Paan!
  woensdag 20 oktober 2004 @ 16:20:28 #105
35602 NatasTriplesix
Do You Believe ?!
pi_22750254
je hebt het niet mis, she's a mystery to me is ook geschreven door bono
Als men je niet opmerkt kun je net zo goed niet bestaan.
pi_22750276
Gelukkig!
Paan!
pi_22768798
quote:
Op vrijdag 15 oktober 2004 17:48 schreef mrkoenz het volgende:

[..]

De kuip! De kuip! De kuip!

pi_22772665
quote:
Op donderdag 21 oktober 2004 12:05 schreef Mister_Slide het volgende:

[..]

De kuip! De kuip! De kuip!

Dat was toch net zo'n galmbak als die andere galmbakken in Arnhem en Amsterdam?
Paan!
pi_22786341
Oeh!! Dat klinkt heeellll veelbelovend!!!!!
  vrijdag 22 oktober 2004 @ 13:02:05 #111
7457 Chilly_Willy
Coitus ergo sum...
pi_22793651
quote:
Op donderdag 21 oktober 2004 15:15 schreef Werner_Koekoeksklok het volgende:

[..]

Dat was toch net zo'n galmbak als die andere galmbakken in Arnhem en Amsterdam?
Kuip '96 vond ik VEEL beter klinken dan Gelredome '01 (dak was dicht). Nou heeft Willie Williams verteld dat europa helemaal open air word.

Hier nog extra info over HTDAAB:
1. Vertigo 3.11 (Steve Lillywhite)
2. Miracle Drug 3.54 (Steve Lillywhite)
3. Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own 5.05 (Chris Thomas)
4. Love & Peace 4.48 (Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois)
5. City of Blinding Lights 5.46 (Flood)
6. All Because of You 3.34 (Steve Lillywhite)
7. A Man & A Woman 4.27 (Steve Lillywhite)
8. Crumbs From Your Table 4.59 (Steve Lillywhite)
9. One Step Closer 3.48 (Chris Thomas and Daniel Lanois)
10. Original of the Species 4.34 (Steve Lillywhite)
11. Yahweh 4.22 (Chris Thomas)

De tweede single komt 5 februari 2005 uit, de derde 16 mei 2005. De tour start 1 maart 2005 in Miami.

[ Bericht 1% gewijzigd door Chilly_Willy op 22-10-2004 13:27:26 ]
God gave man a penis and a brain, and enough blood to operate one at a time.
pi_22809355
Thanx 4 the info Willy. Ben trouwens wel blij met wat je zegt, want die hele 2001 tour heb ik gemist maar in 1996 in Rotterdam was ik er bij! Toch een beter geluid dus, ondanks dat de plaat en tour destijds behoorlijk veel kritiek kregen.
Paan!
  zaterdag 23 oktober 2004 @ 00:22:23 #113
24606 edsuit
kind of blue
pi_22809678
is er al bekend wat er op die bonus-DVD (die bij de cd zit) zal staan?
pi_22814451
Wil ik een ipod kopen....komt er volgens de geruchten een zwarte U2 ipod met daarop de nieuwe cd en een overzicht van hun carriere preinstalled.
Deze wordt waarschijnlijk 26 oktober bekendgemaakt, want er is dan een persconferentie van Jobbs, Bono en The Edge.
Waarschijnlijk wordt Apple ook de grote sponsor van de nieuwe tour
PSN: Poekimammi_nl
pi_22819204
Ben ik een week op vakantie, kom ik terug, is die tournament er nog steeds niet!
pi_22825656
www.u2fanclub.nl
12 oktober, een bron van mojo concerts heeft laten weten dat U2 voor 1, 3 en 5 juni in the fucking amsterdam arena gepland staat.
  zondag 24 oktober 2004 @ 12:14:39 #118
52543 Timo20
RODA JC FOREVER!!
pi_22837972
quote:
Op zaterdag 23 oktober 2004 19:57 schreef Kleintje het volgende:
www.u2fanclub.nl
12 oktober, een bron van mojo concerts heeft laten weten dat U2 voor 1, 3 en 5 juni in the fucking amsterdam arena gepland staat.
laten we hopen dat t klopt
houd ons op de hoogte
  zondag 24 oktober 2004 @ 12:18:35 #119
17114 Pistol_Pete
pi_22838044
quote:
www.u2fanclub.nl
NEE!!! Geen Arena

Het moet gewoon in De Kuip of als het echt niet anders kan in het Gelredome, maar geen Arena
  zondag 24 oktober 2004 @ 12:20:11 #120
23267 Roel_Jewel
Gobbledigook
pi_22838072
dat bericht op u2fanclub is al van 12 oktober. Volgens mij is dat hier al eerder aangehaald.
  maandag 25 oktober 2004 @ 09:57:31 #121
7457 Chilly_Willy
Coitus ergo sum...
pi_22859653
quote:
www.u2fanclub.nl
Jammer dat het niet de Kuip is.

Over de fanclub gesproken. Ik wil nog steeds lid worden, maar kan niets vinden op de site. Iemand een idee?

Menu valt weg in Opera.. site is gemaakt met M$ Frontpage

[ Bericht 12% gewijzigd door Chilly_Willy op 25-10-2004 10:06:12 ]
pi_22860583
Waarom zegt iedereen dat U2 in '96 in de Kuip stond.
Het was toch '97?
pi_22862444
quote:
Op maandag 25 oktober 2004 11:06 schreef Mister_Slide het volgende:
Het was toch '97?
Volgens mij ook.
  maandag 25 oktober 2004 @ 13:09:17 #124
24606 edsuit
kind of blue
pi_22863024
bah, de Arena zou echt rampzalig zijn..
  maandag 25 oktober 2004 @ 13:16:11 #125
44600 Dandelion
ZEKUR OUWE!!!!!!
pi_22863164
quote:
Op maandag 25 oktober 2004 13:09 schreef edsuit het volgende:
bah, de Arena zou echt rampzalig zijn..
tjee nou, bij de Red Hot Chili Peppers voor het eerst in die UFO geweest. Wat een gegalm en gedoe. Dat zou echt niet okay zijn...
Get on your boots!
Last.fm | Twitter
pi_22863695
Vertigo is koel zeg! Nu een paar keer gehoord, ben geen U2 fan, maar 't klinkt toch best lekker! .
pi_22865321
quote:
Op maandag 25 oktober 2004 13:16 schreef Dandelion het volgende:

[..]

tjee nou, bij de Red Hot Chili Peppers voor het eerst in die UFO geweest. Wat een gegalm en gedoe. Dat zou echt niet okay zijn...
Dus. massaal mailen naar Mojo
pi_22865403
http://www.southflorida.c(...)y?coll=sfe-news-wire
quote:
U2 fans furious at group's iPod deal

Angry fans have accused U2 of "selling out" after the veteran band signed a deal with global corporation Apple.

The group teamed up with Apple Computer to pre-load their new album How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb onto new iPod mp3 players bought the week after the disc's Nov. 23 release.

Also pre-loaded will be a significant portion of U2's back catalog and, unlike the standard iPods, the special edition U2 version will be black instead of trademark white.

Carrie Alison, editor of the largest U2 fan Web site, confirms some fans are furious at the band's decision.

"Some pockets of U2 fans will rankle at the band aligning themselves with a major corporation such as Apple, but yet also aligning themselves with AIDS charity work," Alison said.

The deal will be announced next week at a special conference in San Jose, Calif., with the band's lead singer Bono and Apple founder Steve Jobs.
  maandag 25 oktober 2004 @ 16:30:17 #129
44600 Dandelion
ZEKUR OUWE!!!!!!
pi_22866371
quote:
Op maandag 25 oktober 2004 15:55 schreef Roel_Jewel het volgende:
http://www.southflorida.c(...)y?coll=sfe-news-wire
[..]
Ik wordt zo moe van zulke mensen he...
Je hoeft geen ipod te kopen, ook niet als er U2 op staat.

En waarom zou U2 geen deals mogen sluiten met Apple? Ik snap niet waarom iemand de link legt tussen de deal met Apple en het AIDS charity werk...
Get on your boots!
Last.fm | Twitter
pi_22880623
http://www.livedaily.com/news/7236.html?t=98
quote:
U2 readies four versions of 'Atomic Bomb'

"How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb," U2 (news | CDs)'s first new album since 2000's "All That You Can't Leave Behind," will be available in four different configurations, the band has announced.

In addition to a standard CD, the group will also issue a CD/DVD version that will include a documentary titled "U2 and 3 Songs." The DVD features band interviews and footage of the group performing new songs at its Dublin recording studio.
A third version, tagged as the "Deluxe Limited Edition," will include the CD and DVD, as well as a full-color, hardbound book containing "extracts from the band members' note books, original paintings, illustrations and photography along with quotes and statistics," according to U2's website.

The group also plans to issue a vinyl version of the set.

Due in stores on Nov. 22, "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" features U2's latest hit, "Vertigo." The cut, which has been available via Apple's iTunes Music Store since last month, will be available in stores as a hard-copy release on Nov. 8.

"Vertigo" sits at No. 6 on Billboard's latest Mainstream Rock Tracks chart.

U2 plans to support the new album with a world tour next year.
  dinsdag 26 oktober 2004 @ 09:54:21 #131
52543 Timo20
RODA JC FOREVER!!
pi_22880850
Oeh die derde met dat boek erbij klinkt erg goed
weet iemand misschien toevallig waar die al te pre-orderen is??
  dinsdag 26 oktober 2004 @ 09:55:10 #132
105769 Zapp
Pim, Theo...jij?
pi_22880869
tering vier versies van 1 cd hoe commercieel kun je worden bono??
Van Aartsen zegt dat nu zichtbaar is geworden waar Hirsi Ali en ook de VVD al zo lang op hebben gewezen. "Ik hoop dat we in Nederland de ontkennende fase voorbij zijn. Wat past bij een weerbare democratie is werkelijk tot actie overgaan."
  dinsdag 26 oktober 2004 @ 09:58:53 #133
52543 Timo20
RODA JC FOREVER!!
pi_22880924
quote:
Op dinsdag 26 oktober 2004 09:55 schreef Zapp het volgende:
tering vier versies van 1 cd hoe commercieel kun je worden bono??
is toch slim bekeken
hij moet zeker zoiets gedacht hebben van: als ze 4 verschillende versies van n film kunnen uitbrengen, kan ik dat ook met m`n cd`s!

dinsdag 26 oktober 2004 @ 10:00:35 #134
105769 Zapp
Pim, Theo...jij?
pi_22880952
en dan straks na de tour nog een keer de 4 versies maar nu met bonus live materiaal en dan de dvd in zes versies.... nee, ik download wel...
Van Aartsen zegt dat nu zichtbaar is geworden waar Hirsi Ali en ook de VVD al zo lang op hebben gewezen. "Ik hoop dat we in Nederland de ontkennende fase voorbij zijn. Wat past bij een weerbare democratie is werkelijk tot actie overgaan."
pi_22881526
quote:
Op dinsdag 26 oktober 2004 09:54 schreef Timo20 het volgende:
Oeh die derde met dat boek erbij klinkt erg goed
weet iemand misschien toevallig waar die al te pre-orderen is??
Die wás te preorderen bij Play.com (voor 12 pond ), maar die is al uitverkocht.
CDWOW heeft 'm nu wel in de catalogus voor 17 pond: http://www12.cd-wow.com/detail_results.php?product_code=14689
pi_22881591
quote:
Bonus DVD:
Interview with Neil McCormick
Vertigo
Vertigo (Remix)
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (Studio)
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (Acoustic)
Crumbs From Your Table
pi_22881600
U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday @ Live Aid: * klik *

Hoe sla je MMS streams op?
  dinsdag 26 oktober 2004 @ 10:44:07 #138
7457 Chilly_Willy
Coitus ergo sum...
pi_22881626
quote:
Op maandag 25 oktober 2004 11:06 schreef Mister_Slide het volgende:
Het was toch '97?
Je hebt helemaal gelijk. Ik '96 leerde ik mijn vrouw kennen en zij was de volgende zomer, tijdens de U2 concerten, in de VS. Daarom vergis ik me.
pi_22881702
quote:
Op dinsdag 26 oktober 2004 10:42 schreef Murray het volgende:
U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday @ Live Aid: * klik *

Hoe sla je MMS streams op?
Programma Net Transport downloaden .
pi_22881724
Overigens heeft CDWOW de Live Aid 4dvd box (NTSC) voor 18 pond liggen:
http://www12.cd-wow.com/detail_results_2.php?product_code=14457
pi_22890657
pi_22890750
quote:
Op dinsdag 26 oktober 2004 20:53 schreef Zeiksnor het volgende:
OMG!!!!!
http://www.apple.com/ipod/u2/

Zie ook hierboven .
pi_22890849
Hij is wel erg blits, maar ook duur.
Dat wordt wel erg veel rugkriebelen bij mijn vriendin om het goed te maken.
pi_22890866
U2.com:
quote:
How To Download Over 400 U2 Songs!
From the ‘Unbelievable But True Department’ : a Digital Boxed Set of ‘The Complete U2’ is set for release through iTunes.

As part of the emerging partnership between U2, Apple and Universal Music, Apple has created the online music industry's first-of-its-kind ‘Digital Box Set.’

‘The Complete U2’, will contain over 400 tracks including all of the band's albums and over 25 rare and unreleased tracks , including material from ‘Hasta La Vista’ and ‘Melon’ - the two CD’s previously only ever made available to subscribers to the official U2 magazine Propaganda.

Fans will be able to purchase and download ‘The Complete U2’ with just one click on the iTunes Music Store in the U.S. and Europe beginning in late November for just $149 (US).

The announcement was made this morning when Bono, Edge and Steve Jobs of Apple revealed the all-new ‘U2 iPod’, set for release next month. (See our earlier story).

More gobsmacking stories as we get them!
pi_22890939
Zou het beter zijn om het te bestellen voor $349 of wachten op een euo-prijs?
pi_22890984
HIj kost ¤ 379 in Nederland, lekker hoor
pi_22891029
quote:
Op dinsdag 26 oktober 2004 21:04 schreef Zeiksnor het volgende:
Zou het beter zijn om het te bestellen voor $349 of wachten op een euo-prijs?
Ik zou ff wachten totdat meer prijzen bekend zijn .
pi_22891057
quote:
Op dinsdag 26 oktober 2004 21:06 schreef Zeiksnor het volgende:
HIj kost ¤ 379 in Nederland, lekker hoor
Ah, daarbij is weer de exacte omrekenkoers gehanteerd. NOT.

Let wel op verzendkosten, btw + evt douaneheffingen vanuit de VS.
pi_22892178
IK hem toch maar besteld
De beheersing was er gewoon niet meer
pi_22892318

Zo bijzonder vind ik die ipod eigenlijk niet.
Hij is zwart en de handtekeningen staan erop... dat is het toch wel?

En ik vraag me af hoe ze aan 400 nummers komen, zoveel heeft U2 er helemaal niet. Denk dat er ook concerten bij zitten.

Wel jammer dat je dat weer apart moet kopen, had verwacht dat je dat bijgeleverd kreeg op die ipod.
pi_22895410
Grmbl

Net een maand terug een Ipod gekocht
pi_22899219
De video van Vertigo is te bekijken op AOL:

http://mp.aol.com/dalaill(...)ORM=w604.h305.p7.R37
Onder 'First view'

Hij's wat apart!
  woensdag 27 oktober 2004 @ 10:40:54 #153
52543 Timo20
RODA JC FOREVER!!
pi_22900525
quote:
Op woensdag 27 oktober 2004 09:08 schreef Murray het volgende:

http://mp.aol.com/dalaill(...)ORM=w604.h305.p7.R37
Onder 'First view'

Hij's wat apart!
Vind m erg goed
pi_22901764
Vanavond ff kijken .
  woensdag 27 oktober 2004 @ 12:57:32 #155
44600 Dandelion
ZEKUR OUWE!!!!!!
pi_22903467
ik vind em eerlijk gezegd een beetje saai-ig...
Maar het nummer rockt gelukkig
Get on your boots!
Last.fm | Twitter
pi_22904384
Een beetje twijfel na de bestelling van de U2 ipod, want ik had wel het vermoeden dat de nieuwe cd preinstalled erop zou staan, maar dit is niet het geval.
Deze zit gewoon bij het ¤ 150 U2 pakket van Itunes.
Dus alleen voor de kleurtjes betaal ik een vermogen en tja.......ik ben wel een grote fan, maar dit is toch een domper.
Zeker ook omdat er al veel ipods van 40Gb 2dehands worden aangeboden i.v.m. de ipod photo.
pi_22904785
Beetje jammer als die er idd niet op staat.
pi_22907422
quote:
Op woensdag 27 oktober 2004 13:34 schreef Zeiksnor het volgende:
Een beetje twijfel na de bestelling van de U2 ipod, want ik had wel het vermoeden dat de nieuwe cd preinstalled erop zou staan, maar dit is niet het geval.
Deze zit gewoon bij het ¤ 150 U2 pakket van Itunes.
Dus alleen voor de kleurtjes betaal ik een vermogen en tja.......ik ben wel een grote fan, maar dit is toch een domper.
Zeker ook omdat er al veel ipods van 40Gb 2dehands worden aangeboden i.v.m. de ipod photo.
Dat staat er toch duidelijk bij?
pi_22907662
quote:
You don’t have to put up a fight
You don’t have to always be right
Let me take some of the punches
For you tonight

Listen to me now
I need to let you know
You don’t have to go it alone

And it’s you when I look in the mirror
And it’s you when I don’t pick up the phone
Sometimes you can’t make it on your own

U2tour.de heeft de complete lyrics van HTDAAB:
http://www.u2tour.de/news/article1736.html
pi_22908582
quote:
Op woensdag 27 oktober 2004 15:42 schreef Murray het volgende:

[..]

Dat staat er toch duidelijk bij?
Er waren eerst aanwijzingen dat het nieuwe album er wel op zou staan en eerlijk gezegd lijkt mij dat ook het meest voor de hand liggende.
Maar gisteren in mijn euforie vergeten het nog een keer te checken, maar inmiddels al besloten om het podje toch tot mij te laten komen
pi_22908853
quote:
Op woensdag 27 oktober 2004 09:08 schreef Murray het volgende:
Hij rockt.

Je link klopt trouwens niet, het moet zijn:
http://mp.aol.com/video.i(...)FORM=w656.h395.p7.R1
pi_22936397
http://stream.qtv.apple.c(...)s_300_100_56_ref.mov
Scroll door naar 23 minuten, daar staat een uitvoering van het nieuwe nummer "original of the species"!

Nou heb ik wel een probleem: hoe sla je een stream op op je harde schijf? Mijn internet is te traag om het te kunnen streamen.
pi_22954493
In het novembernummer van UnCut (engels muziekblad) staan 13 pagina's vol met U2 . Inclusief foto's van - hoe kan 't ook anders - Anton Corbijn .
pi_22974855
quote:
Op vrijdag 15 oktober 2004 16:49 schreef Werner_Koekoeksklok het volgende:
Waar blijft die tournament nou?
  zondag 31 oktober 2004 @ 14:35:38 #165
23267 Roel_Jewel
Gobbledigook
pi_22975128
Mss is het handig om die tournament over een paar maanden te doen. Dan kunnen de nummers van het nieuwe album ook meedoen .
  zondag 31 oktober 2004 @ 22:09:52 #166
23267 Roel_Jewel
Gobbledigook
pi_22985667
Nu op VH1 Classic een uur lang videclips van U2 .
pi_22986173
Vertigo is
pi_22986281
quote:
Op zondag 31 oktober 2004 22:25 schreef keijz het volgende:
Vertigo is
Zeer goed nummer ja
  zondag 31 oktober 2004 @ 22:34:56 #169
23267 Roel_Jewel
Gobbledigook
pi_22986434
* Roel_Jewel meeblèrt met One .
  zondag 31 oktober 2004 @ 23:20:57 #170
23267 Roel_Jewel
Gobbledigook
pi_22987593
En nóg een uur U2 . U2 Legens, de geschiedenis vanaf het prille begin.
  zondag 31 oktober 2004 @ 23:33:03 #171
24361 Neva
Mania lovin'
pi_22987882
waar woon jij kan hier nie vh1 classic aan

tis nie eerluk
  zondag 31 oktober 2004 @ 23:36:54 #172
23267 Roel_Jewel
Gobbledigook
pi_22987981
digitale tv .

Overigens lijkt 't dat die documentaire al wat ouder is. Bono enz. zien er nog een stukkie jonger uit .
  zondag 31 oktober 2004 @ 23:44:44 #173
23267 Roel_Jewel
Gobbledigook
pi_22988176
Leesvoer .

http://www.vh1.com/artists/interview/1493155/102704/u2.jhtml

Rock critic by Neil McCormick has written a fascinating book on growing up in the pop world. Read an excerpt
quote:
Killing Bono: A True Story

Elton John says it's the best book he's ever read "about trying to make it in the music business." Blender magazine says it "multi-tasks as an affectionate coming-of-age memoir, an intimate rock biography and a Nick Hornsbyish mediation on growing up." Neil McCormick's Killing Bono finds an aging rock scribe not only wondering how his old schoolmate and current U2 vocalist conquered the pop world, but how similar lives can follow different trajectories. The pair were pals in their early Dublin days, and have kept in touch throughout the years. As the author wittily describes the parallels and intersections of their respective paths, he creates an insightful meditation on how music and art can radically overtake a person. Bono - no, he's not dead - deems it a "great book." We've excerpted the introduction and second chapter below.

PROLOGUE

I always knew I would be famous.

By the time I left school at 17, my life was planned down to the finest detail. I would form a rock band, make a series of epoch shifting albums, play technologically mind-blowing concerts in the biggest stadiums on the planet until I was universally acknowledged as the greatest superstar of my era. And I would indulge in all manor of diversions along the way: make films, write books, break hearts, befriend my idols ... oh, and promote world peace, feed the poor and save the planet while I was at it.

You might think I was just another arrogant teenage airhead with fantasies of omnipotence. Indeed, there were plenty around me at the time who did their best to persuade me this was the case. But I wasn't about to be put off by lesser mortals jealous of my talent. Because I knew, deep, deep in the very core of my being, that this wasn't just another empty dream. This was my destiny ...

So there I was, 35-years old, sitting in a shabby, unheated little excuse for an office above a bookie's in Piccadilly, watching the rain drizzle down my single, grimy window, wondering where it had all gone wrong. I wanted to be a rock star and wound up becoming a rock critic. To compound my torment, I was suffering from a bad case of writer's block with my newspaper deadline looming and the fucking telephone hadn't stopped ringing all morning with a succession of PRs pestering me about their shitty rock bands, all of whom I secretly resented for, I suppose, just being more famous than me. But at least talking on the phone gave me an excuse for not writing my column.

"It better be good," I snapped into the receiver.

"This is the voice of your conscience," announced my caller in a gravelly, wasted Dublin accent that reeked of smoke, late nights and fine wines.

"Bono," I said, in recognition.

"You can run but you can't hide," he laughed.

"The way I feel right now, I don't think I could even run," I sighed.

It was, indeed, Bono: rock legend, international superstar, roving ambassador for world peace and (though it is unlikely to feature prominently on his CV) a school friend of mine from Mount Temple Comprehensive.

"Where are you?" I enquired, listening to the echo of global distance bouncing down the phone line.

"Miami," he said. "Playground of America. Ever been to Miami? The gangsters look like fashion designers. Or maybe the fashion designers look like gangsters. Sometimes it's hard to tell..."

There was a time when we had both been singers in schoolboy bands, playing every toilet in Dublin, convinced against all the odds that we were the chosen ones, bound for glory. We moved in different circles these days. I wrote for a newspaper. He was the news. But every now and then, when something brought me to mind, Bono would call up out of the blue to fill me in on his latest adventures in the stratosphere of superstardom.

"I was out at a club last night," he said, slipping into raconteur mode, his voice an intimate whisper. "I think it was owned by some kind of mafiosi but, like I said, maybe it was just a fashion thing. Lots of men with moustaches and models draped over their shoulders, you know? Every man and woman in the place was puffing on enormous cigars. Clouds of smoke everywhere. Smoke rings rising up to the ceiling. There's something about a beautiful woman and a cigar, it's a very powerful combination, don't you think?"

"Until you kiss them and find out they taste like an ashtray," I grunted.

"You're such a romantic," said Bono. "So I'm led into this room at the back which is just filled with hundreds of little drawers, floor-to-ceiling. And each little drawer has a little plaque with a name on it. So I go up to one and see the name Madonna. Then I look at another one and it says Schwarzenneger. I'm still not that impressed. Then I look at another one and it says Sinatra! That's when I know this is the real deal. It's like a walk in humidor. All these personal stashes of illegally imported Cuban cigars maintained at perfect temperature and humidity for whenever they want to drop in and have a puff. I was looking for the president's name, cause I'm sure he has his own drawer in there somewhere. It was pure Miami. This whole city's like the shop window for the American dream."

As I listened, occasionally making encouraging noises, I watched a pigeon splashing about in a puddle that was building up on the ledge outside my rotting window frame. Miami seemed a long way away. Bono sounded woozy and happy after his night on the tiles but I had a strange feeling welling up in my chest, a disturbing swirl of conflicting emotions. I was pleased that Bono had called me. Flattered even. I liked and admired the man as much as anyone I had ever known. So why did his voice have the power to send a sharp stab of insecurity running right through my heart?

"I thought of you, cause I know you've always been a big fan of Frank," said Bono. "Did I ever tell you about our duet?"

That was it. Something popped in my head. "Stop!" I spluttered. "Enough! I should be doing a duet with Frank Sinatra! What's Sinatra to you? Just another famous scalp! I love Frank Sinatra. Leave him alone! Next you'll be telling me you've been asked to play James Bond."

There was a moment's uneasy silence, then Bono laughed. "Actually, the Edge and me have written the new Bond theme for Tina Turner."

"Oh, Fuck off!" I snapped. "The problem with knowing you is that you've done everything I ever wanted to do. I feel like you've lived my life."

Laughter echoed back down the line. "I'm your doppelganger," Bono said. "If you want your life back, you'll have to kill me."

Now there was a thought...

When I put down the phone I started to brood. Was Bono really my evil twin? Or was I his? Now that I thought about it, our careers had diverged early on and just kept on getting wider and wider apart. As he rose to the highest realms of fame and fortune, I had plummeted to the depths of anonymity, a rock and roll casualty, leaving only the briefest of traces in the margins of pop history, and that for being the first person to leave U2.

Oh yes. I didn't mention that, did I? But we'll get to it.

Perhaps I was the Yang to Bono's Yin. The dark counterbalance to his life of success and good fortune, absorbing all the bad luck and mischance that never seemed to go his way.

I pulled down a decaying, much-thumbed, hardback antique Oxford English Dictionary from my overcrowded bookshelves. Doppelganger: (ad. Ger. Double-ganger) The apparition of a living person; a double, a wraith. That's me alright, I thought. Just a phantom reflection of everything I ever wanted to be. And everything I ever wanted to be was personified by a bloke I had gone to school with. How cruel was that?

"Bono Must Die!" I typed into my computer. I blew it up, 72 point, bold, and printed it out. It looked good. I knew a few people who would wear that T-shirt.

"I, Bono," I typed. Perhaps I could sell my story to the National Enquirer. Bono Stole My Life.

Not that I hadn't achieved things in my own right. Deep inside, I knew that to be true. But in the blinding glare of superstardom, the small triumphs of ordinary existence don't always register. Instead you can easily become a footnote in somebody else's story.

So let me get something straight from the start. Contrary to what you may have read elsewhere, I do not have the dubious distinction of being to U2 what Pete Best was to the Beatles: the man who missed the gravy train. I know, it is right there in black and white in the group's authorised biography, 'The Unforgettable Fire'. In Chapter Four, biographer Eamon Dunphy informs his readers of the first fateful gathering of the band that would become U2, to which Bono, apparently, 'turned up with another Mount Temple pupil, Neil McCormick who, like everyone else present, fancied being lead guitarist'. However, after a few grim renditions of rock standards including 'Brown Sugar' and 'Satisfaction', 'Neil decided to bale out'.

That rather trivial little tale seems to follow me around wherever I go, the source of many other biographical presumptions. I still wince whenever I see myself described in print as an 'original member of U2', or worse, 'ex-U2', as if the defining moment of my entire life was petulantly stomping out of a rehearsal room back in my schooldays. So please read the following carefully: I wasn't there and even if I had been, any ambitions to become lead axeman in the nascent combo would surely have been hampered by the fact that I had only ever mastered three chords on my daddy's Spanish guitar, and I wasn't even sure which chords they were.

But if something is printed often enough it becomes the truth, or at least the official version. I think the members of U2 actually believe it themselves at this stage. Certainly, backstage in Miami at the launch of their 2001 world tour, manager Paul McGuinness kept introducing me as a member of the original line-up. The fact that a former alumni of his band might now be a music critic for conservative British broadsheet The Daily Telegraph seemed to amuse him immensely.

The pouting and gorgeous Andrea Corr was there, somehow looking even more desirable than usual with a pint of Guinness in one hand and a lit cigarette in the other. "Did you really walk out on U2?" she asked, sounding suitably impressed.

"I told Bono the band wasn't big enough for the both of us," I replied. "If they'd have stuck with me, they could have really gone places." (Come on. What was I supposed to say to the most beautiful woman in Ireland? It was just a misprint?)

"How does it feel seeing them on stage?" Andrea asked. "Do you think, 'that could have been me up there?'"

Now that was cutting a little too close to the bone.

I looked around the room, crowded with familiar faces. The sleek uber rock figure of Lenny Kravitz lingered in a corner, dressed in fake fur entirely inappropriate for the climate, his expression hidden behind omnipresent, impenetrable reflective shades. He was silently accompanied by someone who appeared to occupy the role of mobile phone roadie. Lenny would hold out a hand and a gleaming, mettallic phone would miraculously appear in it. When his conversation was over, he would hold it out again and the roadie would slip it back into his pocket.

Elvis Costello, an entity from a different end of the rock spectrum, portly, bespectacled and dressed like he had just been for a rummage in a charity shop, mopped his sweaty brow, engrossed in musical conversation with chrome domed producer Brian Eno.

There were old friends of the band such as the extravagantly talented singer-songwriter and one man art installation Gavin Friday (who had an arm wrapped around one of the beautiful Corr sisters) and eternally poised press officer Regine Moylett. There was the red blazered Irish aristocrat Lord Henry Mountcharles, perhaps slightly the worse for wear, directing his conversation into the unconvincingly inflated cleavage of one of Miami's beach babe set. The small but perfectly formed figure of supermodel Helena Christiansen flitted by in a flimsy summer dress while Christy Turlington posed resplendently on the other side of the room. There were members of U2's crew and management, familiar faces from Dublin, many of them looking red and puffy following a few days on the tear in the Miami sunshine. There were wives, girlfriends, children. And there were a smattering of tanned and immaculately attired local worthies who had succeeded in blagging a coveted Access All Areas Pass.

Upstairs somewhere, a party was in full swing in an enormous ballroom with superstar DJ Paul Oakenfeld spinning discs and scantily clad waitresses serving free drinks for several hundred regular, common or garden VIPs. But this was where the real insiders could be found, crammed into a narrow corridor behind the stage, basking in the presence of the band.

Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen, the four members of U2, were scattered about the room, sweaty and exhausted after a two hour tour de force performance, graciously accepting fulsome praise from this ragged assembly of celebrities, family, friends, colleagues, freeloaders, liggers and assorted hangers on.

I watched it all and wondered: where exactly did I fit in? This was the very life I had imagined for myself all those years ago but here I was only by an accident of acquaintance. I caught Bono's eye. He was, as usual, the centre of a huddle of activity: rock stars and supermodels hanging on his every word. He winked at me and grinned.

I remembered a conversation we had, late one night, many, many years ago. We were talking about U2's first ever performance, playing cover versions on some rickety school tables held together by sticky tape in the Mount Temple gymnasium.

"That gig changed my life," I admitted to him.

"It changed mine too!" he excitedly replied.

The difference was, it changed his for the better.

Buy The Book Here

CHAPTER 2

Paul Hewson was in my sister's class, a year ahead of me, but we soon established something that was more than a nodding acquaintance if less than a friendship, falling into conversation at choir practice and morning assembly and during brief encounters as we made our way to separate classes. It was a passing relationship fuelled by one characteristic we have always had in common: a capacity to talk about anything as if we were experts on the subject, no matter how limited our actual knowledge.

My rapport with Paul did not much impress my sister, who was proprietorial about such matters and did not think I should be fraternising with any of her contemporaries. Indeed, in normal circumstances, there tended to be little socialising between pupils from different years. When you are young, even a year in age difference is usually perceived as an unbridgeable chasm. But, long before the days of his A list celebrity, Paul was already something of a star in the school corridor, known to one and all.

Even now, I think of Bono as The Man Who Knows Everyone. His visage is inescapable in modern media. Open a newspaper or magazine and there he is, standing shoulder to shoulder with world leaders and political agitators, poets and pop stars, showbusiness legends and flavours of the month. I've seen him pictured with his arms around presidents, glad-handing prime ministers, quaffing wine with Nobel prize winners and swapping sunglasses with the pope. Mention his name to movie and music stars and you are almost guaranteed to hear an amusing anecdote about their friend Bono, with a coda about what a nice guy he is. He was always a gregarious charmer, loping about Mount Temple like a stray dog, sniffing out interesting conversations and activities, making sure he was part of whatever was going on. There was a lot of mischief in his smile and he had a stubborn, jaw-jutting, bull-headed streak that emerged whenever he felt put upon but at his core there was a tangibly gentle, compassionate aspect that made him popular with girls (who always seemed to be fluttering about) and tolerant of younger pupils, such as myself. You felt honoured when Paul spoke to you.

He could often be found hanging out in our Common Room because Paul was engaged in a vigorous, amorous pursuit of Alison Stewart, one of the most beautiful and universally admired girls in our year. Alison had thick, black hair; smooth, olive skin; dark, warm eyes and deliciously curled lips. Being a hormonally charged fifteen year old boy, I could not help but notice these things. She was also smart, kind, good humoured, strong-willed and, frankly, way out of my league. Actually, at that stage in my adolescent development, pretty much any member of the opposite sex seemed out of my league. But some, at least, you felt you might have half a chance with. Alison had a sort of aura of impermiability about her. I never really felt she belonged in the same world as an ungainly youth like me. On principal, I was against older boys going out with girls in our class, since their seniority and bullish air of experience seemed to grant them unfair advantage, but Alison and Paul seemed to fit. He wooed her over the course of a long year, until, when you saw them nestle intimately amongst the stark arrangement of chairs and lockers in the common room, it became apparent that they were an item.

One of our principal topics of conversation at that time was God (the existence or non-existence thereof) and, indeed, this was to remain a subject of vigorous debate between us over the next twenty five years. My personal problems with the deity had not subsided, but my confidence in challenging the religious order imposed by Irish society was growing daily. To be fair, Religious Education in Mount Temple was a very different proposition than under the Christian Brothers. A consequence of it being the only non-denominational state school in mainly Catholic Ireland was that most pupils were drawn from Dublin's Protestant minority. The school itself, however, towed no sectarian line, offering RE classes characterised by a kind of woolly Christian liberalism, presided over by a well-meaning but, as far as I was concerned, drippily ineffective young teacher named Sophie Shirley. There would be bible readings and class discussions in which Jesus took on the character of a beatific hippy while God seemed to be personified as an avuncular old geezer who only wanted the best for his extended family, in which case, I wondered, why was I being kept awake at night wondering if the torments of hell awaited me when I died? I would fire this and related questions at my long suffering teacher but I never received satisfactory answers, just platitudes about Jesus loving me.

While the school's official policy on religious matters seemed nebulous at best, there was a curious, almost fundamentalist, born-again style sub-culture amongst a section of pupils known as the Christian Movement. Loosely organised in an unofficial capacity by Miss Shirley, they held regular prayer meetings to which a sign on the door announced that everyone was invited. Everyone except me, that was. One day when I stopped by to see what was going on, I was informed by a literally holier-than-thou classmate (one of Miss Shirley's leading disciples) that my confrontational approach to matters of the spirit meant that I would not be welcome at their mysterious jamboree.

"That's very Christian of you," I commented as he barred my way at the door.

"Ah now, Neil, don't be like that," said my flustered class mate. "You know you'd only sit at the back making trouble." Which was, to be fair, my intention but I still felt it was hypocritical not to give me the benefit of the doubt.

Excluded from an organisation I had no intention of joining, I made it my business to antagonise them at every opportunity. The thing that really perplexed me, and indeed intellectually infuriated me, was that many of my closest friends were members, not to mention some of the most attractive girls and coolest guys in the school. Paul and Alison occasionally attended the meetings, where they apparently studied the Gospels, unencumbered by secular ritual, and found solace, harmony and truth there. Yet when I read these same books, I found nothing but illogic and contradiction, fairy tales passed off as history. The apostle I identified most with was Doubting Thomas. While his scepticism about the appearance of the risen Christ was presented to us as a weakness of character, I always thought that insisting on poking his fingers through his ghostly leader's stigmata was the only sensible course of action under the exceedingly strange circumstances.

I was genuinely baffled as to how such a dynamic and evidently intelligent individual as Paul Hewson could be so committed to these ancient myths. He never became infuriated by my regular challenges to his convictions, however, always indulging my penchant for argument. "I like a good fight," was one of his mantras. "It's good to ask questions," he told me once. He would listen to my barrage of misgivings and criticisms of Christianity in all its guises and try to persuade me that the leap of faith required to open yourself up to God was worth it. "When you look around," he insisted, "you see the oceans, you see the sun, you see a storm, don't you think there must be something above man?" He would keep coming back to the issue of faith, although he himself was not immune to doubt. He didn't like organised religion or empty ritual and seemed to be engaged in a struggle to quell his own demons. Paul had a temper which could suddenly flare up, his face going red with rage, although I never felt it directed towards me. In the aftermath of his mother's death the year before, there had, apparently, been little explosions in class, with tables being tipped over and chairs kicked across the room. He told me once that there was a period of two weeks when he could not remember anything that happened. He had a total blank. He was undergoing some kind of existential crisis and almost buckled under the psychological pressure. "I faced ideas of suicide," he admitted. "I was very unhappy, my mind was speeding."

The school's response had been exemplary. Paul was told he could attend whatever classes he wanted, coming and go as it suited him until he found his feet again. One teacher in particular made himself available to talk and listen: Jack Heaslip, a counsellor to the pupils who oversaw classes in career guidance and social issues. Heaslip was a gentle, thoughtful, soft spoken, bearded man with strong spiritual leanings, who would eventually leave teaching to become a Protestant minister. Now Paul evidently had some strong childhood experience of "otherness", a sense that there was something bigger than mankind. He once told me he had been full of questions about existence and had called out, as he put it, and a voice answered from inside. But it had not been enough to change his life. "I just wandered on," he said. "I refused to believe in God, why should I? I'd go to church and there just seemed to be people there, singing psalms of glory but they didn't seem to feel anything, it seemed all wrong."

The death of his mother is undoubtedly what tipped the balance. "It shocked me into the insignificance of human life," he said. "One minute you can be alive, the next you're gone. I could not accept that people would just disappear. If life meant being on the earth for sixty or seventy years, I'd rather go now!" It is an argument never impressed me. The notion that 'there has to be a God because otherwise what is the point?' is not rational but emotive. But I hear myself saying this and I can see Bono gently smiling, chiding me about my preference for logic over faith. Somehow Paul had made a huge leap of faith and found himself standing on a rock of belief. He didn't have to question the past. He didn't have to let his own mind chase him round in circles of torment. He could pick himself up move forward. God, in a sense, became the defining ground to his character.

Oddly enough, my RE teacher was unable to demonstrate quite the same sense of equable conviction. I would sit at the back of the class, flicking through a bible, seeking out anomalies to bring to her attention. Miss Shirley would be in the middle of some happy clappy sermon when my hand would shoot up. "Miss! Miss!" She would visibly stiffen while my fellow denizens of the back row stifled their giggles.

"Yes, Neil?"

She had a way of saying my name that conveyed both long suffering irritation and nervous apprehension. I never got the impression that she much enjoyed the cut and thrust of scriptural debate. One day, faced with another unanswerable contradiction from the good book on which she had based her life's work, she simply burst into tears. We all sat staring at her in stunned silence, a few of my more devout classmates casting dirty looks in my direction. Miss Shirley eventually managed to control herself enough to say, "If you don't want to be here, Neil, you should feel free to spend these periods in the library."

Well, cast thee out, Satan! I didn't know whether to feel triumphant or disappointed because I did actually enjoy the hurly burly of these classes, where I got to pit my sceptical wits against a member of the religious establishment, however lowly. On the other hand, a free library period every week was not to be sniffed at. I gathered up my books and made for the door. Whereupon the malcontents from the back row started sticking up their hands and asking if they could go too. "Anyone who wants to spend R.E. in the library should feel free to do so," declared Miss Shirley, sharply.

One by one we filed out of the class, leaving a rather forlorn looking teacher preaching to the converted, all six of them.

I spent a lot of time in the library, and not just because I was a voracious reader who had been dismissed from RE classes. I was also excused from Gaelic, which was a relief, since under the nationalistic ordinances of the era, if you failed your Irish exams, you failed everything.

The library is where I became properly acquainted with Dave Evans, the boy who would become known to the world as iconic guitar hero, musical boffin and the coolest bald man in rock'n'roll: The Edge. Having been born in London of Welsh parents, Dave had also managed to wangle his way out of Irish classes, although, since his family had relocated to Dublin when Dave was still a babe in swaddling, strictly speaking he should have been trying to get to grips with the ancient language of Eire along with the rest of the poor native born suckers. Raised in Malahide, north of Dublin, since the age of one, Dave nonetheless convincingly masqueraded as a Welshman, born and bred.

I have to say there was nothing particularly Edgy about Dave in those days. He had hair, a big, dark mop of it as I recall, but this would not have been considered worthy of note at the time. We all had hair, most of it pomped up in appalling, blow-dried Seventies bouffants that made our heads look twice the size they actually were. Dave was quiet and somewhat studious, more inclined to use his library time to do his homework than to sit and argue with me about whatever was the latest controversial concept percolating in my hyperactive brain. I remember him being respectful to adults, poised and serious, but with a quirky and sometimes cutting sense of humour. We were civil rather than intimate. I was probably too rebellious and argumentative for his disposition, while, for my part, I felt intimidated by his perpetual air of intellectual superiority. I felt certain that he took a dim view of many of my antics, such as my prank of loosening the library book shelves so that they would collapse whenever somebody returned a weighty volume. Dave's scepticism towards me was probably not much helped by the fact that he held strong religious beliefs and was close to the school's Christian movement, where, for some reason, I had a bad reputation.

Dave and I were rivals for the affections of certain school mates of the female persuasion. He caused me considerable torment when he succeeded in snogging Denise McIntyre, the unwitting object of my adoration, who I made a point of sitting next to in most classes. My distress when Denise blithely informed me of their brief encounter was only mildly mollified by her appraisal of my rival as a "sloppy kisser".

Adam Clayton arrived at Mount Temple in 1976 and made an immediate impact. There was his dress sense for one thing. The school did not have a uniform policy but amongst the pullovers and anoraks that passed for teen fashion in Dublin in the late seventies, Adam's long, afghan coat with shaggy trimmings and decorative stitched flowers certainly stood out. He would, from time to time, sport a kaftan beneath this beloved garment and went through a phase of wearing a yellow workman's helmet on top of his mop of blonde curls.

Adam was a gangly, upper middle class English boy with an insouciant line in faux sophistication that seemed to implicitly suggest he had already "been there, seen that, done it" at the age of not-so-sweet sixteen. He had certainly been more places, seen and done more than most of his contemporaries at Mount Temple, arriving at school fresh from a holiday in Pakistan, where he had hung out with hippies, smoked joints and engaged in a torrid romantic affair (or so he claimed). Adam had a rebellious, confrontational attitude towards authority that was only mildly disguised by his broad smile and impeccable manners. He carried a flask of coffee around with him, from which he would pour himself cups during lessons. Asked by exasperated teachers what he thought he was up to, he would politely explain that he was having a cup of coffee, always remembering to add "sir" or "miss" where appropriate. Adam was unfailingly courteous but determined to go his own way ... which was often straight to detention.

The last of the future superstars was Larry Mullen. He was in the year below mine, a handsome, self-contained blonde kid who, at that stage, simply did not register on any of our consciousnesses. But Larry was the start of it all.

In Autumn 1976, during my second year in Mount Temple, a notice appeared on the board in The Mall, the corridor that ran the length of the principal school building where we used to hang out. Drummer looking for musicians to form band. Contact Larry Mullen, third year. At thirteen, my brother was a year below Larry, but as the proud posessor of a Teisco Stratocaster Copy electric guitar, Ivan was invited to audition. On Saturday, September 25th, 1976, he turned up at Larry's modest, semi-detached house in Artane along with Paul, Adam, Dave and his elder brother Dick Evans.

So that's Ivan McCormick, right? Despite spending most of his life as a musician, being present at the early rehearsals for the group that would become U2 is Ivan's sole claim to anything approaching fame. And then a sloppy biographer handed it to his older brother, robbing him of even this footnote in rock history. So I am happy to have this opportunity to set the record straight. My brother was the loser who let superstardom slip through his careless fingers, not me.

The assembled ranks of would be rock stars crowded into the Mullen's kitchen to discuss their plans over tea and crackers. It was, as Ivan recalls, quickly agreed by everyone present that they were ready and willing to form a group. Names like Led Zepplin, Deep Purple and Fleetwood Mac were bandied about as worthy influences, groups who Ivan only had the faintest conception of. Ivan felt nervous and out of his depth, being by some way the youngest person present, but his trump card was that he had the most handsome guitar, clean and modern with a bright white and red body, which everyone admired. Dave Evans, on the other hand, had a small white acoustic which his mother had bought second hand for the princely sum of £1 (without strings). But, borrowing Ivan's electric, Dave demonstrated that he could play the solo from Irish rock hero Rory Gallagher's 'Blister On The Moon', which put him in pole position for the role of lead guitarist.

His brother, Dick, was the eldest, at 17. He had left school the previous year and, as if to signify his adult status, sported an outcrop of facial hair which he unconvincingly attempted to pass off as a beard. He had brought along a strange looking object with a body shape that was apparently supposed to resemble a swan in flight, hand painted bright yellow. Dick had constructed this instrument himself in the shed at the bottom of his garden, following instructions in an issue of Everyday Electronics magazine. The resulting instrument sounded about as convincing as it looked but at least Dick could play chords and hold down a rhythm. This was more than could be said for Paul, who also had a big, battered acoustic which he tackled with energy and gusto rather than anything approaching skill or finesse. But Paul made up for his lack of musical skills with his sense of passion and conviction, already talking as if they were a band and not just an ill-sorted gathering of schoolboys.

With four guitarists squeezing in between the fridge and the bread bin, the designated rhythm section was Adam (who owned a cheap Ibanez Copy bass, which he couldn't actually play but could certainly talk about) and Larry, who had opened the kitchen doors to create space to set his drum kit up, half in the kitchen and half in a small conservatory precariously attached to the back of the house. In these odd circumstances the meeting concluded with a chaotic jam session involving wobbly renditions of Rolling Stones classics 'Brown Sugar' and 'Satisfaction'. There were too many guitarists, not enough amplification and no consensus as to the correct chord sequences of the songs being played but none of that seemed to matter. A new star had appeared in the rock and roll firmament. For these plucky individuals, nothing would be the same again. Well, for some of them, anyway.

Ivan returned home on the 31 bus to announce that he had joined a new band. They were going to be called Feedback (allegedly a reference to the whining noise that emerged when Adam plugged his bass into a guitar amp). I noted this news with only a modicum of concern. If the name was anything to go by, this lot were going to be even less impressive (if perhaps more audibly so) than Electronic Wizard.

My thespian career was advancing, albeit at a much slower pace than I would have liked. I attended drama classes on Saturday afternoons and experienced a moment of encouragement when I won an acting competition known as the Father Matthew Feis (pronounced 'fesh', gaelic for 'entertainment'. I have no idea who Father Matthew was but presumably he liked to have a good time). It was a hideous affair, characterised by rampant overacting, with starry eyed juveniles racing energetically about every inch of the stage as if convinced the theatrical arts were a branch of the Olympics. When it came to my turn I stood stock still in the central spotlight. I would like to say this was a carefully contrived dramatic device but actually, my legs were trembling so much, I was afraid that if I moved I would fall over. It was my first time in front of a large audience and when the applause began my ego took a direct hit from a bolt of lightning. I staggered off dazed with happiness, physically buzzing from the adrenalin rush. This was everything I had ever dreamed about, especially when the results were announced and I was beckoned back on stage to receive a medal for first prize. The principal judge, an obscure drama critic whose authority was undisputed simply on the grounds that she had come all the way from England, whispered to me that my performance was the only interesting thing she had seen all day. Could it get any better than this? Well, yes, actually. On the citation I received, she had written: 'a performance of powerful understatement and great control. This boy has immense talent – please look after him.'

But nobody did look after me. Nobody ever would look after me. Not that I guessed that then, otherwise I might have had the good sense to jack it all in and concentrate on my technical drawing or some other useful subject. I remained convinced stardom was my destiny, although I was a little disillusioned to discover that a commendation from Father Matthew counted for very little in Hollywood.

Ivan continued to attend rehearsals for Feedback in the school music room after hours. Ivan was tolerated by the older boys primarily because of his guitar, which Dave would liberate him of for the duration of the session, leaving Ivan to strum inaudibly on Dave's cheap acoustic. Dick had been told he could remain in the fold on condition he got himself a decent instrument, preferably one not constructed in his garden shed. Adam had his bass and therefore his position was assured, all he had to do was learn how to play it. But Adam, at least, had attitude, confidence and all the right buzz words. With cigarette dangling from his bottom lip, he would talk about sorting out some "gigs" by making the right "connections". They needed "good management" and to "go on the road", apparently, if they were ever going to "land a deal". It all sounded good to the others, even if they only had the vaguest idea what he was banging on about.

Paul was another matter. He was really a frustrated musician. He could simply not get his guitar to do anything he wanted it to do, so would quickly abandon it, instead expending his considerable energy attempting to almost magically summon, coax and cajole music from the others. During an endless jam of Deep Purple's 'Smoke On The Water' (a song Ivan was hearing for the first time), Ivan was astonished to see Paul get down on his hands and knees in front of Dave as he played the famous riff, holding his fingers in front of Dave's fingers, as if he was trying to play the guitar himself without actually touching it. Paul assumed the role of organiser, telling everyone what they were going to play and how they would tackle it, although actually contributing little himself. He would sing along as best he could, struggling to find the right notes but, without a microphone, his vocal limitations were not immediately apparent to anyone other than himself. As the biggest character in the group he began to assume the role of frontman.

Excited about the band, Ivan decided to invest in a new amplifier, blowing his entire savings of £12 on a second hand Falcon combo. That very evening, as he sat at home fiddling with his new purchase, sending feedback howling through the house, he was summoned to the telephone by our mother. There was a very well spoken young man on the line who urgently needed to talk to him, apparently. It was Adam. He wanted to know if Ivan had the amp because of the group.

"Yes," said Ivan.

"I wish you'd spoken to me first," said Adam, improvising wildly. "You see, the band has got a gig ..."

"That's great," said Ivan, enthusiastically. On the road at last.

"The thing is, it's in a pub," said Adam. "And, you know, you're too young to get into pubs."

"Oh," said Ivan.

"In fact, all the gigs we'll be getting will be in pubs," said Adam. "And you won't be able to play any of them."

"I see," said Ivan.

"I knew you'd understand," said Adam. "Look, no hard feelings, eh?"

Even at 13, Ivan knew when he was being given the elbow, however diplomatically. He put the phone down in a state of utter dejection and went back to his guitar and amp, turning the volume up to the max and losing himself in a wall of noise.

There was, of course, no pub and certainly no gig. The group could barely string a whole song together, so attempting to deliver an entire set would have been premature to say the least. But as rehearsals began to illuminate everyone's strengths and weaknesses, so the band began to settle into a core line up of Larry on drums, Adam on bass, Paul on vocals, Dave on lead guitar and Dick on rhythm guitar. In fact, Dick, too, was not really wanted by his band mates but he simply ignored any intimations that he might be surplus to requirements, continuing to attend rehearsals until he had established himself as a member.

His pride wounded, Ivan neglected to inform the family of this new development. The truth did not emerge for weeks, until Stella asked Paul how he was getting along with her little brother and Paul, rather embarrassed, admitted they had kicked him out. "Why didn't you tell us?" asked my astonished father.

"It doesn't matter, anyway," said Ivan, defensively. "They're crap. I'm going to start my own group."

My acting career was not progressing any better. My parents like to proudly tell people their son was once in a play in the prestigious Gate Theatre with the venerable Irish thespian Cyril Cusack. What they neglect to add was that I was sacked after two performances for missing my cue. I thought the part was beneath me, anyway. I was a glorified stage hand with no lines whose sole purpose was to move furniture for the other actors. As far as I was concerned, anybody could have done it (well, anybody apart from me, it would seem). I craved the physical rush of performing in front of an audience, the ego buzz of recognition by other human beings allied to the strange sense of power that coursed through your body as you held strangers in your spell by sheer force of will. I wanted to utter speeches that resonated in my soul and made sense of my complex internal world. "To be or not to be?" That was the question I wanted to ask, almost the only question that mattered. I wanted to be Hamlet. But I couldn't even land a part in a burger commercial, when it was deemed that my mixed Scottish and Irish accent might be confusing to viewers. The director was not impressed when I suggested that the phrase "Mmm, deeeee-licious!" would have sounded equally lame in any accent.

I resolved to solve my casting problems by writing plays myself. As the Autumn 1976 term drew to a close, it was announced that a talent contest would be staged in the gymnasium. This, I decided, would be the ideal opportunity to demonstrate my writing and acting skills. And so, with a couple of friends, I concocted a short comic play, which involved our teachers being put on trial for crimes against humanity. The parts were filled by various class mates, with the juicy role of judge being kept for myself. Banging my gavel to sentence unpopular teachers to a variety of extravagant punishments was sure to prove a crowd pleaser. We had a run through the week before for our avuncular form tutor, Mr Moxham, who was sufficiently impressed to schedule our production as the grand finale, on condition we went gently on his character and removed certain of our more cruel and tasteless gags.

I gathered with my small cast at the side of a makeshift stage of jammed-together tables, as a succession of pupils larked about, singing, dancing, playing accordions, telling jokes. The large audience of school kids heckled the performers mercilessly but most took it in good humour, shouting back insults. Mr Moxham cheerfully patrolled the gymnasium, patting pupils on the back, uttering words of encouragement.

"Ready for your moment of glory, lads?" he enquired of my little crew.

"We're ready, sir," I reported.

"And you have made those changes we discussed?"

"Do we really have to lose the gag about Mrs Prandy's dog, sir?" I asked.

"Only if you want to live through another term," replied Mr Moxham.

Four members of Feedback stood around their amps and drum kit, waiting to make their live debut. Dick was absent, since he was not a pupil at the school, but Paul, Dave, Adam and Larry were going to do a ten minute set, scheduled as the penultimate act, just before our play.

"Alright, Dave?" I enquired, feeling every inch the seasoned professional comforting a nervous debutant. Dave looked as if he was going to be sick from stage fright, clinging to his guitar and staring anxiously at the crowd. The others appeared considerably more at ease. Larry had played plenty of shows before, albeit with such less than rocking outfits as the Artane Boys Band and the Post Office Workers Band. Adam lounged about, effecting his usual "seen-it-all-before" cool. Paul was practically jumping up and down with anticipation, firing encouraging smiles and nods at his colleagues.

When their slot came, the group started to hoist their equipment onto the stage. It took them about ten minutes to set up, an extended period of inactivity in which any last remnants of discipline in the room evaporated. Kids were running about the gym in all directions, yelling at the tops of their voices, climbing the climbing frames. I was marshalling my cast, instructing them that as soon as the band were finished, we were going to get onto the stage and launch straight into our play. I really had no idea what was coming.

An electric hum began to sound in the room as the amps were turned on. Paul stood centre stage at his microphone, guitar slung around his neck, looking defiantly over the boisterous crowd. Dave and Adam stood either side of him. Larry clicked his sticks together and the group launched into a coarse, speeded-up version of Seventies pretty boy rock star Peter Frampton's 'Show Me The Way', kicking off with a roaring D chord that sent a shockwave through the room.

With the wisdom of hindsight, I know this debut performance of the group who would one day rock the world must have been, in truth, a fairly dubious affair. There was nothing remotely cool about their selection of songs, for a start. They played, of all things, a singalong version of the Bay City Roller's pop anthem 'Bye Bye Baby' and a Beach Boys medley. They had no soundcheck, no experience, nothing to go on but hope and desire. But I was completely stunned. Absolutely floored. This was the first live, electric band I had ever heard and a rush of adrenaline shot through my body, apparently disabling my central nervous system and rearranging my entire molecular structure. At least, that's what it felt like. Dave's guitar was splintering in my ears. The pounding of Larry's drums and Adam's bass shook the tables they were standing on and seemed to make the whole room vibrate. I had listened to records in my room, headbanging in headphones, but nothing prepared me for the sheer visceral thrill of live rock 'n' roll. When Paul stomped across the shaky stage, grabbing his microphone stand, yelling 'I want you ... show me the way!", the little girls from the junior classes started screaming.

And that was it for me. I turned to my fellow would-be thespians and announced there was absolutely no way I was going on after that. It was quickly and unanimously agreed that our play should be cancelled. Mr Moxham, as I recall, seemed quite relieved.

Feedback belted through their bizarre set and then stood there, stupid grins plastered across their faces, as the crowd roared for more. Their repertoire being rather limited in those days, they had to resort to a repeat version of 'Bye Bye Baby'. The gym was in complete uproar, with kids singing, yelling, screaming, clapping, dancing. I looked about me in a daze. A new vision of my future was forming in my feverish adolescent brain.

Forget about becoming a fabulously famous, multi-hyphenated actor-writer-director.

I was going to be a rock star.
  zondag 31 oktober 2004 @ 23:52:48 #174
24361 Neva
Mania lovin'
pi_22989065
Mooi om te lezen!
pi_22999627
Dit boek moet ik lezen! Ik neem aan dat het al overal te koop is, of moeten we daar nog op wachten?
Paan!
pi_22999660
Bij amazon.com enz. zal 't vast te krijgen zijn .
pi_22999728
Niet gewoon in de winkel??
Paan!
pi_23100461
Are You Gonna Wait Forever is nu ook uitgelekt....

Geen al te opvallend nummer.

Songtekst

[ Bericht 44% gewijzigd door Murray op 05-11-2004 17:01:56 ]
  vrijdag 5 november 2004 @ 21:43:50 #180
71545 Tooheys
What's the rush?
pi_23107325
kreeg net bericht dat mijn Vertigo pakketje morgen al zal arriveren per post . Had een pre-ordertje op de 2 cds en de dvds voor totaal 6 pond bij HMV. Heb die Jacknife Lee mix van Vertigo al gehoord op de radio, die is echt geweldig
Don't move, Don't talk out of time, Don't think, Don't worry, Everything's just fine...
...Don't project, Don't connect, Protect, Don't expect, Suggest, I feel numb...
pi_23119888
En hij is geleakt. Op Bittorrent en Usenet zweeft ie sinds 13.00 uur rond.
pi_23120103
quote:
Op zaterdag 6 november 2004 14:22 schreef eskimos_zijn_cool het volgende:
En hij is geleakt. Op Bittorrent en Usenet zweeft ie sinds 13.00 uur rond.
Het hele album?
pi_23120192
JAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
pi_23120284
Hoe de neuk download ik iets van een nieuwsgroep?
pi_23120348
quote:
Op zaterdag 6 november 2004 14:44 schreef Murray het volgende:
Outlook Express gebruiken .
pi_23120375
Dan opent hij die bestand en krijg ik verneukte text te zien.... maar ik ben het al op een andere manier aan het downen...

All Because of You is goooooeeeeeed!
pi_23120414
quote:
Op zaterdag 6 november 2004 14:44 schreef Murray het volgende:
http://www.binaries4all.nl/
pi_23120461
quote:
Op vrijdag 5 november 2004 21:43 schreef Tooheys het volgende:
kreeg net bericht dat mijn Vertigo pakketje morgen al zal arriveren per post . Had een pre-ordertje op de 2 cds en de dvds voor totaal 6 pond bij HMV. Heb die Jacknife Lee mix van Vertigo al gehoord op de radio, die is echt geweldig
De CDS en DVS zijn dé twee versies?
pi_23120464
quote:
Op zaterdag 6 november 2004 14:50 schreef Murray het volgende:
All Because of You is goooooeeeeeed!
Dat wisten we al .... (van dat optreden dat ze voor Apple deden).
pi_23121054
Lang leve internet, ik heb het hele album binnen

Nu eens luisteren, heb alleen nog maar All Because of You gehoord.. en die klonk erg goed...

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own... wow...

[ Bericht 15% gewijzigd door Murray op 06-11-2004 15:46:17 ]
pi_23121372
Ik zit bij @Home dus klotenewsserver (bestanden staan er maar heel kort op) .
Zo eDonkey es ff aanslingeren .
pi_23121476
quote:
Op zaterdag 6 november 2004 15:46 schreef Roel_Jewel het volgende:
Ik zit bij @Home dus klotenewsserver (bestanden staan er maar heel kort op) .
Zo eDonkey es ff aanslingeren .
Of je checkt het forum van een van de grotere en bekendste u2 fansites...

Begin van Love en Peace is erg Achtung Baby....
pi_23123240
quote:
Op zaterdag 6 november 2004 15:51 schreef Murray het volgende:

[..]

Of je checkt het forum van een van de grotere en bekendste u2 fansites...
Welke van de tien?
  zaterdag 6 november 2004 @ 19:17:13 #194
32622 Elusive
Mad Fer It!!
pi_23126239
Love and Peace! OR ELSE....
  zaterdag 6 november 2004 @ 19:37:14 #195
81237 releaze
best of both worlds
pi_23126756
So far so good, dat album. Had vertigo nog niet gehoord, eigenlijk alleen maar slechte reacties op gelezen enzo.. maar ik vind em best goed!! Klinkt wel als een album wat ik heel erg ga waarderen!
pi_23132361

Dat album is zeker niet door te msn'en of dat iemand mij als leek er even doorheen gidst?
pi_23132393
quote:
Op zaterdag 6 november 2004 23:44 schreef Waxxer het volgende:

Dat album is zeker niet door te msn'en of dat iemand mij als leek er even doorheen gidst?
Moet je je MSN wel aan hebben staan hé
  zaterdag 6 november 2004 @ 23:49:04 #198
24361 Neva
Mania lovin'
pi_23132429
[verkapte help mij post] boehoe

ik wil ook krijg potjandosie of meldingen fout in file en bij de ander downlaod die niks [/verkapte help mij post]
pi_23132501
  zondag 7 november 2004 @ 00:21:35 #200
24361 Neva
Mania lovin'
pi_23136615
Wat heeft iedereen toch opeens?

Van wij-zijn-echte-U2-fans-want-we-hebben-alle-albums-origineel zijn jullie opeens overgestapt naar yay-het-nieuwe-album-is-uitgelekt-illegaal-downloaden-maar! ?

* m021 gaat wachten tot hij 'echt' uit is
  zondag 7 november 2004 @ 10:09:21 #202
67478 Radjesh
Dire Straits!
pi_23136816
* Radjesh luister het album en vind het best wel relaxed
  zondag 7 november 2004 @ 11:41:04 #203
23267 Roel_Jewel
Gobbledigook
pi_23137742
quote:
Op zondag 7 november 2004 09:37 schreef m021 het volgende:

Van wij-zijn-echte-U2-fans-want-we-hebben-alle-albums-origineel zijn jullie opeens overgestapt naar yay-het-nieuwe-album-is-uitgelekt-illegaal-downloaden-maar! ?

* Roel_Jewel gaat wachten tot hij 'echt' uit is
De singles en het limited edition-album zal uiteindelijk toch op mijn adres afgeleverd worden .

Heb nu een paar nummers goed kunne luisteren. Damn, lekker wakker worden op zondagmorgen . Miracle Drug . Sometimes You Can't Make It On .
pi_23137766
Take on the situation, but not the torment ...
pi_23138024
pi_23139057
Goed, ik heb hem nu een paar keer gehoord en ik ben onder de indruk.
Album werd al behoorlijk de hemel ingeprezen in reviews en als je het mij vraagt is dat volkomen terecht. Hij klinkt toch anders dan dat ik verwacht had, het is in ieder geval geen album vol met Vertigo's!
Als ik het met een vorig album zou moeten vergelijken dan is dat All that you can't leave behind, maar dan dieper, subtieler en met meer duidelijke invloeden van vorige albums, soms hoor je er echt Joshua Tree, Unforgettable Fire en Achtung Baby in terug.
ATYCLB vond ik goed, HTDAAB ga ik volgens mij beter vinden.

Vraag me af wat U2 nu gaat doen na dit lek, album komt pas over twee weken uit. Zal mij niets verbazen als het binnen een paar dagen legaal te downloaden is op iTunes.

Even een paar nummers:

Miracle Drug:
Volgens sommigen op interference het beste wat U2 ooit gemaakt heeft, ben ik het nog niet echt mee eens....
Ik moet het denk ik nog vaker horen, intro vind ik wel geweldig maar daarna wordt het op de een of andere manier een ingewikkeld nummer. Wennen.

Sometimes you can't make it own your own:
Na een paar keer luisteren was ik verliefd.
Prachtige emotionele ballad, doet mij denken aan With or without you, of aan Stuck in a moment maar dan 100 keer emotioneler....Begint wat rustig maar groeit ontzettend. Lijkt mij een single.
And it's you when i look in the mirror...
Kippenvel.

Love and peace of else:
Donker en zwaar intro.... geen typisch U2 nummer.
Doet me denken aan Salome.

All because of you:
Heeeeerlijk nummer! Gitaarmuziek! Lekkere solo van Egde, Bono schreeuwt het uit: Whaaaa! I'm alive!
Vergelijkbaar met Vertigo.. ik kan het hele nummer nu al woord voor woord meezingen.
Ook een single?

A man and a woman:
Deze had zo maar op 'The best of '80 - '90 The B-sides' kunnen staan.
Een soort Wild Honey, maar dan liever en subtieler. Mooi.

Yahweh:
Hier hoor ik duidelijk The Joshua Tree in terug.
Geen typische afsluiter, meer up-tempo.
Het refrein 'jaaweeeeee! jaweeee!' vind ik nog niet zo geweldig.
  zondag 7 november 2004 @ 13:16:28 #207
23267 Roel_Jewel
Gobbledigook
pi_23139382
Ik ben 't helemaal met je eens, Murray .
Ik heb trouwens het gevoel redelijk wat gevoel van ATYCLB terug te horen in het HTDAAB.

Ook Q Magazine zegt in haar review van HTDAAB: "There are many highlights" en "With their 11th studio album, they've succeeded in not becoming crap quite admirably."
Maar: "There's nothing as direct as One here" als het over de lyrics gaat.

Q noemt Original of The Species the essential track op het album. En If you like HTDAAB, try these:
Siouxsie and The Banshees - The Scream
Muse - Absolution
Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to The Head
Bruce Springsteen - Darkness on The Edge of Town
Echo & The Bunnymen - Ballyhoo: The Best Of
pi_23142317
Hij is echt super!!!!!!!!!!! Hoe vaker ik hem luister, hoe mooier het album wordt. Dankzij Murray!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Je kan bij mij niet meer stuk vat het niet te op hoor maar echt super dat je de link gisteren gegeven hebt!!
Met de koptelefoon op gisteren dacht ik, hij is helemaal niet zo "bombastisch" als dat ik verwacht/gehoopt heb, maar gewoon in de cd-speler met volume hoog klinkt het heel anders en veel beter. Ik luister nog ff door voordat ik mijn favorieten benoem
  zondag 7 november 2004 @ 16:46:53 #209
24361 Neva
Mania lovin'
pi_23143917
even my 2 cents : de zijn mijn rating sterretjes

Vertigo : en een half : lekkere beat, mooi gitaar spel, goede tekst!! de uithalen van: your love is teaching me how to kneeel .. kneeeeel

Miracle drug: : wederom goede tekst, mooie zachte gitaar

City of blinding lights: en een half : appart intro niet echt U2 maar lieflijk.. een der favorieten op het album..

Sometimes u can't make it on your own: ( ) !!! : het eerste nummer ( buiten vertigo die ik al kon ) wat ik luisterde.. het bezorgde mij kippevel en tranen.. de tekst zo prachtig.. voor mij nu al een van de beste U2 songs!! .. and it's you when i look into the mirror..

a mand and a woman : : luisterd lekker, mooie love ballad

crumbs from your table : : mooie gitaar intro luisterd zeer lekker

One step closer: en een half : donker nummer.. ludduvudu liedje ( kan er nog niet super mijn mening over geven

love and peace or else: : moest er erg ana wennen.. swingy.. Niet echt U2 maar

All because of you : : lekkere edge intro , ik moer bij denken aan all along the watchtower en dancing barefoot .. zou me niet bezaen als dit de nieuwe single gaat worden leuk sarcasme kippevel nummer !

yahweh: : niet mijn ding

original of the species: : hierbij is de ruwe stem van Bono het beste te horen ook de tekst is mooi.. wederom kippevel en tranen

Een verassend album, mooi, U2 maar toch ook weer niet... zijn invloeden uit verschillende albums te halen.. ik denk dat dit album een van mij favorieten gaa worden
Mis alleen de mooie uithalen van Vertigo in de overige nummers.. en de rauwe stem.. Wel is de stem van Bono erg mooi zuiver.. alleen ofdat ik daar blij mee ben.. weet ik nog niet..

Mijn helden..
they have done it again

zondag 7 november 2004 @ 17:06:51 #210
23267 Roel_Jewel
Gobbledigook
pi_23144361
  zondag 7 november 2004 @ 17:22:37 #211
24361 Neva
Mania lovin'
pi_23144685

pi_23144698
quote:
Op zondag 7 november 2004 17:22 schreef Neva het volgende:
wat lach je nou
Die !

zondag 7 november 2004 @ 17:26:52 #214
24361 Neva
Mania lovin'
pi_23144762
ja er zijn geen sterretjes dan maar ratings
  zondag 7 november 2004 @ 17:29:41 #215
24361 Neva
Mania lovin'
pi_23144816

mijn held
wat doe je :')

ik heb een coole avatar thanx murray

[ Bericht 28% gewijzigd door Neva op 07-11-2004 17:40:01 ]
  zondag 7 november 2004 @ 18:24:17 #216
23267 Roel_Jewel
Gobbledigook
pi_23145907
quote:
Op zondag 7 november 2004 17:22 schreef Neva het volgende:
wat lach je nou
wat Murray zegt
quote:
Op zondag 7 november 2004 17:23 schreef Murray het volgende:

[..]

Die !

pi_23146429
Vanavond in het Veronica programma Countdown:
quote:
Zondag 7 november
ERIC PRYDZ - Call On Me
LANGE FRANS & BAAS B - Zinloos
GERI HALLIWELL
ROBBIE WILLIAMS - Radio
OZARK HENRY - Indian Summer
U2 - Vertigo
Niets nieuws, maar toch leuk om weer een nieuwe uitvoering van Vertigo te zien.
Vanavond, 19:55 u.
  zondag 7 november 2004 @ 19:44:32 #218
7457 Chilly_Willy
Coitus ergo sum...
pi_23147637
quote:
Op zondag 7 november 2004 18:47 schreef m021 het volgende:
Vanavond in het Veronica programma Countdown:
[..]

Niets nieuws, maar toch leuk om weer een nieuwe uitvoering van Vertigo te zien.
Vanavond, 19:55 u.
He bedankt man!! Ik was het al weer vergeten.
pi_23148753
Aargh! Is er iemand die hem kan rippen (dvd-recorder o.i.d.), want iemand anders wil per sé tv kijken hierzo.
  zondag 7 november 2004 @ 20:30:03 #220
24361 Neva
Mania lovin'
pi_23148885
hij kan nog steeds niet dansen maar klonk goed.. sopt hier weg dor de zwoele blikken van haar held..
  zondag 7 november 2004 @ 20:30:13 #221
7457 Chilly_Willy
Coitus ergo sum...
pi_23148893
OMG.. Ze zijn altijd zo super goed live...
  zondag 7 november 2004 @ 20:32:01 #222
24361 Neva
Mania lovin'
pi_23148950
quote:
Op zondag 7 november 2004 20:30 schreef Chilly_Willy het volgende:
OMG.. Ze zijn altijd zo super goed live...
heb je ze zelf al live gezien?
  zondag 7 november 2004 @ 20:34:41 #223
81329 MadMaster
Schots en scheef...
pi_23149039
Ik heb het album nu 2 keer beluisterd en het valt me behoorlijk tegen.
Ik had gehoopt dat het meer een rock-album zou worden, afgaande op de uitspraken die Bono en kornuiten vooraf hebben gedaan, maar helaas...
Een echte opvolger van ATYCLB, niets meer en niets minder, zonder hoogtepunten.

Hebben ze in die afgelopen 4 jaar nou niets beters kunnen bedenken?
Jammer...
  zondag 7 november 2004 @ 20:39:11 #224
24361 Neva
Mania lovin'
pi_23149183
quote:
Op zondag 7 november 2004 20:34 schreef MadMaster het volgende:
Ik heb het album nu 2 keer beluisterd en het valt me behoorlijk tegen.
Ik had gehoopt dat het meer een rock-album zou worden, afgaande op de uitspraken die Bono en kornuiten vooraf hebben gedaan, maar helaas...
Een echte opvolger van ATYCLB, niets meer en niets minder, zonder hoogtepunten.

Hebben ze in die afgelopen 4 jaar nou niets beters kunnen bedenken?
Jammer...
definitie van rock :

rock·mu·ziek (de ~ (v.))
1 popmuziek, ontstaan uit de samensmelting van country-and-westernmuziek en blues => rock

aan al deze eisen voldoet het album zekers wel dus.. tis toch echt een rock album..
Als jij de PUNKROCK van welleer verwacht.. dat gaat het niet worden t zijn geen wilde tieners meer
  zondag 7 november 2004 @ 22:27:11 #225
81329 MadMaster
Schots en scheef...
pi_23152668
quote:
Op zondag 7 november 2004 20:39 schreef Neva het volgende:

[..]

definitie van rock :

rock·mu·ziek (de ~ (v.))
1 popmuziek, ontstaan uit de samensmelting van country-and-westernmuziek en blues => rock

Ja, zo is alles uit te leggen. Gelukkig zet je er een smiley bij....
Je hebt rock en je hebt rock. Vertelde Bono niet dat Edge als gefrustreerde gitarist zich helemaal had laten gaan voor dit album? Ik vind er niet veel van terug, althans niets vernieuwends....
quote:
aan al deze eisen voldoet het album zekers wel dus.. tis toch echt een rock album..
Als jij de PUNKROCK van welleer verwacht.. dat gaat het niet worden t zijn geen wilde tieners meer
Hoe je de stijl van welleer ook wilt noemen, dat hoeft van mij niet persé meer, alhoewel dat t/m 1989 wel mijn favoriete periode's zijn. Vandaar ook wel mijn teleurstelling over dit nieuwe, in mijn oren te softe, album. Zeker na ATYCLB, wat ik ook al zo'n slap album vond.
Als je slechts 3 van de 11 nummers op een album een wat stevigere inhoud geeft, dan vind ik het geen rockalbum in absolute zin, maar meer een popalbum en daar hebben we er al genoeg van.

Maarre...... ieder zijn meug, ben benieuwd wat anderen er van vinden.
  zondag 7 november 2004 @ 22:30:05 #226
24361 Neva
Mania lovin'
pi_23152755
quote:
Op zondag 7 november 2004 22:27 schreef MadMaster het volgende:

-knip-
Vertelde Bono niet dat Edge als gefrustreerde gitarist zich helemaal had laten gaan voor dit album? Ik vind er niet veel van terug, althans niets vernieuwends....
-knip-
Er zitten wel degelijk veel mooie gitaarsolo's in en degelijk vernieuwende effecten.. maar goed zoals je zegt ieder zijn meug

verdedigt haar helden tot op het bot
pi_23152822
Mja hij is wel 'softer' dan ik had gedacht ook. Had het er gisteren nog met Murray over

Dat maakt het album niet minder goed. Veel van de muziek en teksten passen ook nog eens in mijn huidige gemoedstoestand. Het is een heel 'emotioneel' album ipv opzwepend. Ik moet nog even beter luisteren. Achtung Baby en War zijn tot nu toe mijn persoonlijke favoriete albums geweest.
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own vind ik echt een heeeeeeeellll geweldig kipenvelnummer...
  zondag 7 november 2004 @ 22:32:56 #228
81329 MadMaster
Schots en scheef...
pi_23152857
quote:
Op zondag 7 november 2004 22:30 schreef Neva het volgende:

verdedigt haar helden tot op het bot
Ik wou dat ik dat nog kon zeggen...
  zondag 7 november 2004 @ 22:34:47 #229
24361 Neva
Mania lovin'
pi_23152917
quote:
Op zondag 7 november 2004 22:31 schreef Waxxer het volgende:
Mja hij is wel 'softer' dan ik had gedacht ook. Had het er gisteren nog met Murray over

Dat maakt het album niet minder goed. Veel van de muziek en teksten passen ook nog eens in mijn huidige gemoedstoestand. Het is een heel 'emotioneel' album ipv opzwepend. Ik moet nog even beter luisteren. Achtung Baby en War zijn tot nu toe mijn persoonlijke favoriete albums geweest.
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own vind ik echt een heeeeeeeellll geweldig kipenvelnummer...
War is mijn favo album ( tevens het eerste U2 album waardoor ik op mijn 6 een groot fan werd )
  zondag 7 november 2004 @ 22:35:53 #230
24361 Neva
Mania lovin'
pi_23152959
quote:
Op zondag 7 november 2004 22:32 schreef MadMaster het volgende:

[..]

Ik wou dat ik dat nog kon zeggen...
makkelijk zat... als je al 17 jaar idolaat van ze bent
  zondag 7 november 2004 @ 22:39:38 #231
81329 MadMaster
Schots en scheef...
pi_23153080
quote:
Op zondag 7 november 2004 22:35 schreef Neva het volgende:

[..]

makkelijk zat... als je al 17 jaar idolaat van ze bent
Dat bedoel ik, ik heb ze in 1981 in Paradiso zien spelen.
Tel maar uit....

Maar daarom mag je als fan best wel kritiek hebben en hoef je niet alles wat je favoriete band uitbrengt te waarderen.
  zondag 7 november 2004 @ 22:40:53 #232
81412 Werner_Koekoeksklok
Tikt nog steeds...
pi_23153121
Ik hoop niet dat je gelijk hebt Madmaster, maar ik ga toch maar even wachten met downloaden tot het ding in de winkels ligt. Twee weken nog?
Paan!
  zondag 7 november 2004 @ 22:41:13 #233
60704 LeonH
Fuck the Reputation Game!
pi_23153129
quote:

* LeonH gaat wachten tot hij 'echt' uit is
Uhm heb 'm al gedownload maar denk je nou echt dat ik het daarbij laat? Tuurlijk ga ik de L.E. halen van dat briljante schijfje!
11-9 Muse @ Wembley Stadium / 27-9 Brandon Flowers @ Ancient Brussel / 3-12 Simply Red @ Gelredome, Arnhem
  zondag 7 november 2004 @ 22:43:38 #234
24361 Neva
Mania lovin'
pi_23153199
quote:
Op zondag 7 november 2004 22:39 schreef MadMaster het volgende:

[..]

Dat bedoel ik, ik heb ze in 1981 in Paradiso zien spelen.
Tel maar uit....

Maar daarom mag je als fan best wel kritiek hebben en hoef je niet alles wat je favoriete band uitbrengt te waarderen.
toen werd ik pas geboren hihihi

Tuurlijk is er ook kritiek Op u2 uit te brengen.. alleen kan ik dat niet

zondag 7 november 2004 @ 22:46:18 #235
24361 Neva
Mania lovin'
pi_23153282
quote:

* Neva gaat wachten tot hij 'echt' uit is
zodra je kon reserveren is dat gebeurt.. maar wil niet zeggen dat ik niet alvast mag genieten toch?
Ik heb elk album origineel van ze zelfs nog 6 LP's
Ik vind het alleen onnodig om nou van alles te halen.. staat mijn budget me ook niet toe moet ik zeggen..

Een echte u2 fan is niet per definitie die alles maar dan ook alles wat met U2 te maken heeft bezit.. een U2 fan ben je met je hart !
pi_23153289
quote:
Op zondag 7 november 2004 22:27 schreef MadMaster het volgende:

Je hebt rock en je hebt rock. Vertelde Bono niet dat Edge als gefrustreerde gitarist zich helemaal had laten gaan voor dit album? Ik vind er niet veel van terug, althans niets vernieuwends....
Ja, maar Bono die roept wel vaker wat.
Zelfs Pop zou een rock album worden geloof ik.

Maar heeft Edge zich niet kunnen uitleven op dit album dan?
Of kan dat per definitie alleen maar in 'punk rock made from venus'-nummers?
Hij is ontzettend bepalend voor dit album als je het mij vraagt, veel meer dan op ATYCLB.
pi_23153306
quote:
Op zondag 7 november 2004 22:34 schreef Neva het volgende:

[..]

War is mijn favo album ( tevens het eerste U2 album waardoor ik op mijn 6 een groot fan werd )

Naaahhh.... Bij mij is het zo gegaan. Mijn zus had een cassettebandje met allemaal zelf opgenomen muziek van de radio (die goede oude jaren '80, met de charme van cassette- en videobanden ). Daar stond een onwijs goed nummer op, dat ik steeds terugspoelde en opnieuw draaide.
Even een sprong vooruit in de tijd: in de brugklas kregen we muziek en volgens de docent kon je aan de hoes van muziekalbums zien wat voor muziek erop stond. In die tijd vond ik de cover van Achtung Baby helemaal geweldig en testte dat uit (was 11 hoor ). Omdat ik tot die tijd vooral de Beatles en Rolling Stones van mijn ouders luisterde was het eerst wel erg heftig in mijn oren, maar ik draaide het meer en meer. Dus ik ging meer luisteren en zelfs kopen. Boy eerst, en October. Toen dacht ik ineens, hey, ik ken die stem.... het zal...
En toen kocht ik War en daar stond dat nummer op van dat bandje!!! Sunday Bloody Sunday!!!
Mijn fam vond toen dat ik op zo'n jonge leeftijd 'depressieve muziek' luisterde, maarja, op een gegeven moment ontgroei je Kinderen Voor Kinderen ook Tegenwoordig vindt iedereen bij mij thuis U2 erg goed

U2
pi_23153329
quote:
Op zondag 7 november 2004 22:31 schreef Waxxer het volgende:

Met jou kan ik praten!

pi_23153392
quote:
Op zondag 7 november 2004 22:43 schreef Neva het volgende:

[..]

toen werd ik pas geboren hihihi

Tuurlijk is er ook kritiek Op u2 uit te brengen.. alleen kan ik dat niet

Ze lopen me altijd te stangen als ik over U2 begin!!! Gevoelig punt!
  zondag 7 november 2004 @ 22:50:36 #240
24361 Neva
Mania lovin'
pi_23153436
quote:
Op zondag 7 november 2004 22:49 schreef Waxxer het volgende:

[..]

Ze lopen me altijd te stangen als ik over U2 begin!!! Gevoelig punt!
ik ken het

erg irritant kan ook helemaal woest worden als iemand u twee zegt
of Bono Boner noemen

U2
pi_23153550
quote:
Op zondag 7 november 2004 22:50 schreef Neva het volgende:

[..]

ik ken het

erg irritant kan ook helemaal woest worden als iemand u twee zegt
of Bono Boner noemen

U2

Of fuck U2

Of Bono heel raar uitspreken

Of opeens zogenaamd diepzinnig te willen discussieren door te zeggen dat U2 een overschatte band is

Of zeggen dat het oue lullen zijn die jong willen lijken
  zondag 7 november 2004 @ 22:54:11 #242
24361 Neva
Mania lovin'
pi_23153552
quote:
Op zondag 7 november 2004 22:47 schreef Murray het volgende:

[..]

Met jou kan ik praten!

jij bent eng
pi_23153608
quote:
Op zondag 7 november 2004 22:47 schreef Murray het volgende:

[..]

Met jou kan ik praten!

Ja daar kwam ik achter Ik denk die is heel stoer en alles enzo, dus ik was op alles voorbereid, maar ik voelde me opeens niet meer zo'n histerische fan als at ik dacht dat ik was
  zondag 7 november 2004 @ 22:56:26 #244
81329 MadMaster
Schots en scheef...
pi_23153621
quote:
Op zondag 7 november 2004 22:46 schreef Murray het volgende:

[..]

Ja, maar Bono die roept wel vaker wat.
Zelfs Pop zou een rock album worden geloof ik.

Maar heeft Edge zich niet kunnen uitleven op dit album dan?
Of kan dat per definitie alleen maar in 'punk rock made from venus'-nummers?
Hij is ontzettend bepalend voor dit album als je het mij vraagt, veel meer dan op ATYCLB.
OK, er zit meer gitaar in dan op ATYCLB, maar de nummers zelf zijn te veel ballads naar mijn mening en ik had het graag iets steviger gezien. Iets meer Vertigo en iets minder Original of the Species, zal ik maar zeggen.....

En voor de rest, nogmaals, ieder zijn meug en ik respecteer de mening van anderen.
Alleen is dat nu niet mijn mening.
pi_23153632
quote:
Op zondag 7 november 2004 22:54 schreef Neva het volgende:

[..]

jij bent eng
is hij dus ab-so-luut niet
  zondag 7 november 2004 @ 22:58:13 #246
24361 Neva
Mania lovin'
pi_23153673
quote:
Op zondag 7 november 2004 22:56 schreef Waxxer het volgende:

[..]

is hij dus ab-so-luut niet
als je nummers gaat bespreken en dan telkens bij dezelfde quotes uitkomt.. en dat meerdere malen.. dat is eng
pi_23153746
quote:
Op zondag 7 november 2004 22:56 schreef MadMaster het volgende:

[..]

OK, er zit meer gitaar in dan op ATYCLB, maar de nummers zelf zijn te veel ballads naar mijn mening en ik had het graag iets steviger gezien. Iets meer Vertigo en iets minder Original of the Species, zal ik maar zeggen.....

En voor de rest, nogmaals, ieder zijn meug en ik respecteer de mening van anderen.
Alleen is dat nu niet mijn mening.
ik had zelf ook meer 'rock' verwacht, zeker na Vertigo gehoord te hebben... maar als ik dan een nummer als Original hoor dan heb ik er eigenlijk geen probleem mee, vind ik juist een sterk nummer.

Maar nee, het is geen 'punk rock made from venus', die Bono eerst beloofd had, klopt.
quote:
Op zondag 7 november 2004 22:55 schreef Waxxer het volgende:

[..]

Ja daar kwam ik achter Ik denk die is heel stoer en alles enzo, dus ik was op alles voorbereid, maar ik voelde me opeens niet meer zo'n histerische fan als at ik dacht dat ik was
!
Hoezo ben ik niet stoer?
pi_23153977
quote:
Op zondag 7 november 2004 23:01 schreef Murray het volgende:

!
Hoezo ben ik niet stoer?

Nou ja, je bent msn-technisch iig geen yoooowww man type en je zei houdoe ipv mazzel. Dusdaar valt mee te communiceren

Maargoed, stel dat ik je zou zien, zal ik vast wel heel overkomen hoor

Maaaaaaarrrrgoed, we dwalen af

Ik zal zsm ook een eigen recensie schrijven
  zondag 7 november 2004 @ 23:34:40 #249
104233 Rubber_Soul
Vulva in de gloria
pi_23154442
Hello, hello I'm at a place called Vertigo
  zondag 7 november 2004 @ 23:40:52 #250
23267 Roel_Jewel
Gobbledigook
pi_23154612
Ik heb net de DVD van Slane maar weer es opgezet. Wat blijft dat ont-zet-tend gaaf .
  zondag 7 november 2004 @ 23:44:54 #251
24361 Neva
Mania lovin'
pi_23154714
ik heb vannacht rattle and hum video opgezet bono met lang haar
ben benieuwd of die litho van van leest wta is.. dalijk is het met bono en strooien hoed
pi_23161185
quote:

* Mister_Slide gaat wachten tot hij 'echt' uit is
Nee hoor

Ik wacht met je mee
pi_23165019
Hmm, dit is wel wennen. Had toch een iets ruiger album verwacht na het horen van Vertigo, maar dat valt me wel tegen. De rest van het album is toch vrij rustig, dromerig. Niet dat per definitie slecht hoeft te zijn, maar daar moet ik 'm toch nog iets vaker voor luisteren.
pi_23167160
Dit is duidelijk mijn favoriet van het album:

Original Of The Species

pi_23175966
Goed, dit is mijn oordeel! Ik heb de nrs ook een rating gegeven

kunnen worden opgevuld met een
Een is een halve

Vertigo

Hoewel ik ondertussen al een overdosis krijg, terwijl het nummer vandáág pas op single is verschenen, blijft het een lekker nummer. Geeft een positieve oppepper voor als je ingekakt bent!

Miracle Drug

Lekker ouderwets no-nonsense U2-nummer. Niet iets aparts, maar gewoon lekker me de typische U2-riedeltjes.

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Geweldig nummer. Echt super. In ieder geval het allermooiste gevoelige nummer dat U2 in mijn ogen ooit gemaakt heeft.

Love And Peace Or Else

Ik hou wel van donkere bass-geluiden enz in het begin! Daarna bluest het lekker door! Beetje uit de Rattle and Hum periode achtig : )

City Of Blinding Lights

Ik weet niet wat het is, maar ik heb helemaal niks met dit nummer. Te dertien-in-een-dozijn denk ik.

All Because Of You

Een must voor de auto en een must om vooral hárd te draaien!

A Man And A Woman

Heeeerrrlijk nummer. Ik vind het zo’n snelweg-nummer, als je op een regenachtige dag op vakantie gaat en je rijdt in Duitsland en dat dan af en toe een auto je met een noodgang voorbij sjeest. Oftewel: lekker dromerig. Stomme bijgedachte misschien maargoed, soms zit ik zó vréémd in elkaar….

Crumbs From Your Table

Super!!! Dit is de oude U2 zoals de mensen hen willen zien denk ik, die het album te rustig (en saai?) vinden. In mijn ogen een singlekandidaat en het knalt er zó in, dat ik best durf te gokken dat ze de concerten met dit nummer starten en niet met het dan voor de hand liggende Vertigo. En in het begin de belletjes uit Electrical Storm

One Step Closer

Eentje voor de moeite van het inzingen. Vind het een beetje een ‘geforceerd’ rustig nummer. Niet mijn ding.

Original Of The Species

Lekker nummer, de echte U2 geluiden weer (eigenlijk heel vaak idd), hou er wel van. Niet echt een sterke tekst, dat is weer jammer. Althans, qua tekst hebben ze al zovéél nummers als deze geschreven. Maar ook lekker dromerig en als muziek mij weg kan laten zinken in mijn gedachten, dan zit het echt goed.

Yahweh

Mwoah, had dan een wat heftiger nummer als laatste op de cd gezet, het nummer heeft wel wat, maar vind het nét een ballad te veel.

Eindconclusie:

Een erg, erg goed album en zeker beter dan All That You Can Leave Behind. Een album dat gevoel en emotie uitstraalt en je aan het denken zet. Als het niet de tekst is, dan wel de muziek of een combinatie ervan. Steeds ontdek ik weer andere dingen. Kan me voorstellen dat niet iedereen kapot is van dit album. Het is maar net hoe je zelf muzikaal in elkaar steekt! Er zitten in ieder geval meer dan genoeg typische U2-geluiden in, van zowel de jaren ’80 als ’90. Nu eens een keer niet vernieuwend, maar eigenlijk een soort verzameling van wat ze kunnen. Ach, ze zijn de 40 ook al gepasseerd, zullen we maar zeggen.
pi_23177451
http://www.ultimate-guita(...)it.html?200411080641
quote:
U2 Drummer To Quit

U2 drummer Larry Mullen is considering leaving the Irish band to become an actor, reports Ananova. Mullen said: "I might take on a new challenge of doing some acting. I like the idea of going to it late.

"But the band is all I've ever wanted, and I get paid for it. I don't want to sound smug, but I've got the best job in the world. But different things come into play now that we've all got families. We don't have the freedom we once had."

U2's latest single Vertigo is released today.
pi_23177478
http://icwales.icnetwork.(...)-gold-name_page.html
quote:
We love ...U2's sonic gold Nov 8 2004
David Williamson, Western Mail

THE biggest event this November was the US presidential election. Yes, it's been the most interesting such contest in quite a while, but for millions of people on every continent it is the promise of a new U2 album which has cloaked this month in an anticipatory aura.

On November 22 How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb will be released, and within minutes its lyrics will be the subject of Shakespearean levels of literary criticism on internet sites.

It's four years - an Olympic wait - since the Irish band last brought out a full CD's worth of new songs. If releases are staggered to starve fans into excitement, this is a tactic which works.

There was a three-year gap between All That You Can't Leave Behind and the puzzling Pop, which came four years after the fin de siecle sounds of Zooropa. During these long periods, children can be conceived, born and sent into education, and U2's salvos of songs are listened to, interpreted and discussed into the early hours.

Few bands enjoy such a trusted relationship with their fans. Even if an album is a "grower" and needs months of listening before its subterranean levels of sound and literary allusions can be mined, by the time tour comes around these listeners will feel content they possess sonic gold.

Buying the latest album is what it must have been like for the first readers of the Lord of the Rings saga when a new epic appeared on shelves. U2 fans this month have the pleasure of finding where a band once known as the conscience on eight legs have journeyed artistically, spiritually and politically.

A close reading of the lyrics and watching of the videos would also reveal an admiration for Wim Wenders's film about angels in Berlin, Wings of Desire. Other cultural icons whose fingerprints are found in the U2 canon include authors Salman Rushdie and Raymond Carver, and New York graduate of The Velvet Underground, Lou Reed. Being an ardent U2 fan is thus a bit like enrolling on a correspondence course designed to take the student on a ride through civilisation's most glittering moments, in which no distinction is drawn between old or new or low or high art.

Although they remain one of the three most recognisable bands on this planet, somehow U2 have not been ensnared in the bonds of celebrity. Bassist Adam Clayton's brief romance with model Naomi Campbell was well-documented by the tabloids, but since then the four men seem quite untroubled by paparazzi.

Edge, the guitarist, has been left alone to invent new sounds, and the details of the private life of drummer Larry Mullen are better hidden than a leprechaun's proverbial pot.

Bono's campaigning for justice in Africa has been so effective and relentless he can seem more of an radical advocate than a recording artist, but his speech at the last Labour party conference shocked the political class with its understated passion.

As ambassadors for modern Ireland, they emerged from a society plagued by a sense of inferiority to England and bedeviled with mediocre politicians and the spectre of terrorism. Somehow they did not become The Chieftains with louder amps, but forged a vision of an Ireland where faith was not a prison but a prism through which to gaze, and where diversity did not mean dilution.

Their journey is far from finished. At a time when the static on the radio is more interesting than many of the tunes, it's a cause for joy we can look forward to the return of the kings.
  maandag 8 november 2004 @ 22:21:56 #258
24361 Neva
Mania lovin'
pi_23177931
quote:
Op maandag 8 november 2004 22:08 schreef Roel_Jewel het volgende:
[..]
dat die ut maar laat sgop hem eigenhandig trug
pi_23180202
http://www12.cd-wow.com/detail_results.php?product_code=14689

voor degenen die 'm nog niet hebben besteld:
U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb (Limited Edition With Bonus DVD & Booklet) voor 16,99 pond.
pi_23192241
Ha! De redactie van ... is zo lief om de nieuwe U2 te downloaden! Klinkt niet verdomd slecht, zeg ik met een ietwat kromme zin!
pi_23193088
quote:
Op maandag 8 november 2004 22:08 schreef Roel_Jewel het volgende:
[..]
waaaaaaaaah, maar hopen dat Ananova te hard aan zijn duim gezogen heeft
pi_23193432
Hm valt me nu pas op dat Edge ook een deel van Miracle Drug zingt...
  dinsdag 9 november 2004 @ 15:51:31 #263
24361 Neva
Mania lovin'
pi_23193644
quote:
Op dinsdag 9 november 2004 15:44 schreef Murray het volgende:
Hm valt me nu pas op dat Edge ook een deel van Miracle Drug zingt...
spuit elf...
pi_23201890
Neva... of iemand anders... ik wil ook!
Ja, ik koop ook het origineel... maar dat is nog zooooo lang wachten.
Dus... wie ow wie kan hem naar me mailen of morgen via MSN naar me versturen?
je kan me mailen op alleswatjijwiltvoorhetapenstaartje at het-kleintje.nl

Alvast tnxie!
pi_23202015
Ben benieuwd wat m'n ma (toch behoorlijk U2-fan, of iig dat was ze wel geloof ik) van de cd vindt. Heb em maar alvast even gedownload voor der. Ik zelf vond het wel erg goed klinken, al is het niet helemaal mijn muziek. Live staat het vast als een huis, I'm sure of that tho

Wanneer kwamen ze ook alweer in NL? Denk dat ik maar es kaartjes ga halen dan.
pi_23202535
Klinkt goed
Niet echt de ruige rock/gitarenplaat die ik had verwacht. Hoor er wel diverse oudere U2 stijlen in
  dinsdag 9 november 2004 @ 22:16:58 #267
24361 Neva
Mania lovin'
pi_23203944
quote:
Op dinsdag 9 november 2004 21:13 schreef Kleintje het volgende:
Neva... of iemand anders... ik wil ook!
Ja, ik koop ook het origineel... maar dat is nog zooooo lang wachten.
Dus... wie ow wie kan hem naar me mailen of morgen via MSN naar me versturen?
je kan me mailen op alleswatjijwiltvoorhetapenstaartje at het-kleintje.nl

Alvast tnxie!
kleintje je hebt mail
pi_23205923
quote:
Op dinsdag 9 november 2004 21:17 schreef =HellFire= het volgende:
Denk dat ik maar es kaartjes ga halen dan.
Als de kaartjes al te koop waren, had het vast wel in dit topic gestaan...
  dinsdag 9 november 2004 @ 23:45:42 #269
44600 Dandelion
ZEKUR OUWE!!!!!!
pi_23207403
quote:
Op dinsdag 9 november 2004 23:08 schreef m021 het volgende:

[..]

Als de kaartjes al te koop waren, had het vast wel in dit topic gestaan...
En dan waren ze ook al wel op...
Get on your boots!
Last.fm | Twitter
pi_23209343

,,Nou eeehhh... morgen eehhh... maar eens naar het postkantoor he rond een uurtje of elf.... dan...."
pi_23210577

Zijn dat soort tickets eigenlijk ook online te koop? Ik ben eigenlijk meer een 's ochtends-vroeg-achter-de-compu persoon dan een 's ochtends-vroeg-bij-het-postkantoor persoon.
  woensdag 10 november 2004 @ 08:17:08 #272
44600 Dandelion
ZEKUR OUWE!!!!!!
pi_23210794
dat heeft juist wel wat hoor, om een uurtje of 5 a 6 met je thermos kannetje naar het postkantoor.
Zak chips dr bij, vernikkelen van de kou.
En dan om 9 uur door het dolle omdat jij wel kaartjes hebt, of omdat de computer van de ticketservice het niet doet...
Get on your boots!
Last.fm | Twitter
pi_23210946
Ach, dat vernikkelen van de kou hoeft van mij niet. Ze hadden het beter van de zomer in de voorverkoop kunnen doen. Fuck, het is nu 's morgens vroeg echt ijskoud!
pi_23212005
Er is nog niks bekend van een voorverkoop he?
pi_23212130
quote:
Op woensdag 10 november 2004 09:52 schreef Toffe_Ellende het volgende:
Er is nog niks bekend van een voorverkoop he?
Nope. Want er zijn ook nog geen data bekend .
pi_23212399
Dacht al dat ik iets gemist zou hebben.
pi_23215269
quote:
Op woensdag 10 november 2004 08:17 schreef Dandelion het volgende:
dat heeft juist wel wat hoor, om een uurtje of 5 a 6 met je thermos kannetje naar het postkantoor.
Zak chips dr bij, vernikkelen van de kou.
En dan om 9 uur door het dolle omdat jij wel kaartjes hebt, of omdat de computer van de ticketservice het niet doet...
Maar zijn ze nou online te koop of niet?
pi_23215452
quote:
Op woensdag 10 november 2004 12:16 schreef m021 het volgende:

[..]

Maar zijn ze nou online te koop of niet?
ticketservice.nl zal ze vast aanbieden . Maar je moet er dan wel weer door komen natuurlijk .
pi_23223135
quote:
Op woensdag 10 november 2004 12:24 schreef Roel_Jewel het volgende:
ticketservice.nl zal ze vast aanbieden . Maar je moet er dan wel weer door komen natuurlijk .
Wat bedoel je? Hebben ze een site die vaak vastloopt ofzo?
pi_23224752
quote:
Op woensdag 10 november 2004 18:53 schreef m021 het volgende:

[..]

Wat bedoel je? Hebben ze een site die vaak vastloopt ofzo?
Wel als weet ik hoeveel mensen tegelijk op die site proberen te komen ja..
pi_23227013
Neva, mijn mail ligt er de hele dag al uit, dus doe ik het hier maar even!
TNX!

De cd is toppie. Heb hem vandaag gelijk besteld inclusief de dvd.
Maar heerlijk om hem nu al te kunnen horen.
pi_23238458
Mozeskriebel. ik hoor net voor de 1e x het nr Mercy wat niet op HTDAAB is gekomen.
Wat een goed nr Onbegrijpelijk waarom ze wel voor andere nummers hebben gekozen en niet voor Mercy. Als jullie hem ook willen luisteren: op Interference vind je diverse links
pi_23238602
Echt een goede plaat.
pi_23238748
ik kan de link niet vinden in het oerwoud van topics daar....
pi_23239415
kijk even in de sectie Your Blue Room --> Where The Album Has A Name
pi_23239999
pfff is ff zoeken op die site daar..

nog niet gevonden.. wel verdere topics daarover..
  donderdag 11 november 2004 @ 13:08:05 #287
52543 Timo20
RODA JC FOREVER!!
pi_23240281
FF gedownload, es luisteren of t wat is
pi_23240661
Hm, vind Mercy eigenlijk nog niet zo bijzonder.
pi_23240739
Vanuit welk Topic dan??
  donderdag 11 november 2004 @ 13:31:36 #290
81329 MadMaster
Schots en scheef...
pi_23248825

Hey bedankt man!!!

Hee maar..... het lijkt wel een U2-versie van iets van Fleetwood Mac
pi_23261022
quote:
Thanks to Eric at U2vl.org for sorting out and letting us know what versions of HTDAAB will have the bonus track "Fast Cars". Here's the answer, straight from Dublin:

"Fast Cars" will be included on
* ALL box set versions of the album worldwide
* the deluxe CD & DVD set in the UK, Ireland, and Japan
* the standard CD in the UK, Ireland, and Japan
* the vinyl
Daar hoopte ik al op.

quote:

NEW @U2 U2 TO CHAT TO ROSS
November 11, 2004
posted by: DG
U2 will be appearing on Jonathon Ross's TV chat show, Friday Night with Jonathon Ross, on December 3rd. The show usually airs between 10.35pm and 11.35pm on BBC1.
pi_23294185
quote:
Nine Days To Go Until The Real Thing!
Incomplete versions of the new album turned up online at the weekend – thanks to the help of fans, many have now come down.

U2 fan sites have been a great help in identifying online pirates distributing dodgy versions of new recordings - keep up the good work!

bron: u2.com
En terecht!
  zondag 14 november 2004 @ 22:20:59 #294
24361 Neva
Mania lovin'
pi_23317272
quote:
Op woensdag 10 november 2004 21:15 schreef Kleintje het volgende:
Neva, mijn mail ligt er de hele dag al uit, dus doe ik het hier maar even!
TNX!

De cd is toppie. Heb hem vandaag gelijk besteld inclusief de dvd.
Maar heerlijk om hem nu al te kunnen horen.
asjeblieft
pi_23329671
http://www.ultimate-guita(...)ur.html?200411150820
quote:
U2 have revealed that they will kick off their world tour on March 1 in Florida, reports NME. The band will play around 35 arena shows across the US for the first leg of the jaunt, then 30 stadium gigs in Europe before returning to North America for a further 35 arena dates. The group will then head to Japan and Australia.

Snow Patrol and Scissor Sisters are rumoured to be the support acts. U2 manager Paul McGuinness told Billboard that no decision has been made, but added: “We love Snow Patrol. Their producer Jacknife Lee, also worked on U2’s album and they’re Irish. There’s a close connection.”

The tour will support the band’s latest album ’How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb’, which is set for release on November 22.
pi_23330121
http://icwales.icnetwork.(...)harts-name_page.html
quote:
U2 storm to top of charts Nov 15 2004

Karen Attwood

Irish rockers U2 have stormed into first place in the singles chart with their new single Vertigo.

The track - taken from their forthcoming album How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb - knocked rap star Eminem down to third place with Just Lose It.
  maandag 15 november 2004 @ 16:14:31 #297
60704 LeonH
pi_23330617
Nu op 538 track 9 van HTDAAB, klinkt heeeeel anders dan track 9 van de "download cd" hoor!
11-9 Muse @ Wembley Stadium / 27-9 Brandon Flowers @ Ancient Brussel / 3-12 Simply Red @ Gelredome, Arnhem
  maandag 15 november 2004 @ 16:22:21 #298
44600 Dandelion
ZEKUR OUWE!!!!!!
pi_23330800
quote:
Op maandag 15 november 2004 16:14 schreef LeonH het volgende:
Nu op 538 track 9 van HTDAAB, klinkt heeeeel anders dan track 9 van de "download cd" hoor!
shit net te laat om te luisteren.
Toch kan ik het me niet voorstellen, dat ze een andere cd gaan uitbrengen dan die nu te downloaden is. Ik vind het kreng wat ik nu binnen heb nu al zo goed (minstens het beste sinds achtung baby!) dat ze wel met iets heel sterks moeten komen op de ' echte' cd....

Maar het zou wel een goede stunt zijn natuurlijk. Zo van ja, we hadden eigenlijk een dubbel cd, dus hebben we er maar 1 laten lekken...

[ Bericht 0% gewijzigd door Dandelion op 15-11-2004 16:23:05 (typo) ]
Get on your boots!
Last.fm | Twitter
pi_23330875
quote:
Op maandag 15 november 2004 16:14 schreef LeonH het volgende:
De nummers hoeven natuurlijk niet in dezelfde volgorde te staan . Leek 't ook niet op een van de andere nummers?
  maandag 15 november 2004 @ 16:35:28 #300
60704 LeonH
pi_23331125
Nou of Ruud De Wild heeft zich vergist in het nummertje op de cd of ze staan in de verkeerde volgorde van de download cd, want het was Original of the Species!!! Prachtplaat!

Vinden jullie sommige ook zo net als andere albums klinken. Zo vind ik Vertigo weer wat weghebben van ATYCLB en dan vooral Beautiful Day, Love and Peace weer op de Ratlle and Hum en was nog een nummer wat dan weer een beetje op The Joshua Tree tijd leek, maar weet ff niet uit de kop welke dat was.

Weet iemand trouwens of de Media Markt ook de superspecialeditie krijgt? Dus CD, DVD en het boek? Of moet ik deze echt gaan bestellen ergens?
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')