abonnement Unibet Coolblue
  zondag 14 september 2003 @ 19:46:06 #151
3936 ThE_ED
engu twiekur
pi_13165098
quote:
Op zondag 14 september 2003 19:36 schreef Wacko-Dreamer het volgende:

[..]

Zou er iemand zo vriendelijk willen zijn om de lyrics van Dance of Death (het nummer zelf) te willen posten of is dat teveel werk?

ohoh je hebt hem niet gekocht?

[KNE]-Mod
pi_13165116
quote:
Op zondag 14 september 2003 19:33 schreef Wacko-Dreamer het volgende:
Wat is het probleem van bekende elementen die terugkomen?

Ik vind het echt helemaal geen probleem... de rest van de nummers zijn gewoon goed (degene die ik ken)

Ik heb liever dat ze hun eigen nummers recyclen dan dat ze half nummers gaan jatten van anderen...

vinden jullie het nou echt zo'n probleem of valt het gewoon op

Ligt helemaal aan de persoon in kwestie. Bij het uitkomen van Tailgunner riepen sommigen ook dat het Aces High II was. Maar ik vond dat het nog origineel genoeg klonk.

En op dit album hoor ik ook wel dat No More Lies iets wegheeft van the Clansman, maar niet zoveel dat het stoort ofzo.

Er is maar 1 Maiden-nr dat ik echt teveel op een ander nummer vind lijken, nl No Prayer For The Dying. (en wie niet weet welk origineel ik bedoel is een wannabe fan.... )

pi_13165126
quote:
Op zondag 14 september 2003 19:46 schreef ThE_ED het volgende:

[..]

nog niet
pi_13165163
quote:
Op zondag 14 september 2003 19:46 schreef ThE_ED het volgende:

[..]

hij is nog aan het sparen hoop ik...
pi_13165218
quote:
Op zondag 14 september 2003 19:49 schreef DaveM het volgende:

[..]

hij is nog aan het sparen hoop ik...

ja, idd ik zoek werk...

en moet ook nog een nieuwe versterker kopen...
daarom ben ik de laatste tijd wat zuinig...}:|

ik teer de komende tijd nog wel ff op wat MP3's en alst kan een kopietje... ()

FOK!-Schrikkelbaas zondag 14 september 2003 @ 20:13:47 #156
2057 Tokus
www.metalfan.nl
pi_13165843
wat lame.
Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change
pi_13166801
quote:

[..]

MOOI !

ik was al bang dat ie alleen te beluisteren was tijdens on the roxx...

Zou er iemand zo vriendelijk willen zijn om de lyrics van Dance of Death (het nummer zelf) te willen posten of is dat teveel werk?

Je moet gewoon heel goed naar het nummer luisteren, en woord voor woord opschrijven, kom je er vanzelf wel achter
  FOK!-Schrikkelbaas zondag 14 september 2003 @ 21:09:00 #158
2057 Tokus
www.metalfan.nl
pi_13167161
quote:

Let me tell you a story 'bout cakes and pies
about things that I saw
One night wandering in Baker Street, I'd one eat but no more

I was rambling, enjoying the creamy moonlight, gazing up at those cakes
not aware of the sweets so near to me, watching my every move

Feeling hungry and I fell to my knees as something rushed me from the trees
took me to the baker's place and that is where I fell from grace

Then they wanted me to join them to eat with them, to the dance of the bread
Into a circle of cakes and cream I followed them and that's where they put it in my head

As if time had stopped still I had enough but I wanted to eat
and the cream of the pies was so sweet to me, it even fell on my feet

And I ate and I munched and I laughed with them, all had cream in their eyes
Lifeless doughnuts they were un eaten all of them, they had ascended from the oven

When you're hungry in your sleep you will eating in your bed
and you wake from your dreams to go dancing with the bread

To this day I guess I'll never know just why I ate so much
But I'll never go eating no more 'till I bake some new bread

pi_13168589
LOL @ Tokus
Everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon
(Ik scrobbel ook audio)
pi_13169556
Haha.
  zondag 14 september 2003 @ 22:35:26 #161
13783 Anthraxx
When you see the robot, drink!
pi_13169604
!
  maandag 15 september 2003 @ 09:09:53 #162
45563 Djaser
Holy monk yorp
pi_13174481
Heb je dat nou zelf bedacht
  maandag 15 september 2003 @ 09:40:31 #163
3936 ThE_ED
engu twiekur
pi_13174848

ROFL!!

[KNE]-Mod
  FOK!-Schrikkelbaas maandag 15 september 2003 @ 10:04:10 #164
2057 Tokus
www.metalfan.nl
pi_13175083
quote:
Op maandag 15 september 2003 09:09 schreef Djaser het volgende:
Heb je dat nou zelf bedacht
nee.
  maandag 15 september 2003 @ 22:11:16 #165
25957 Reddiablo
Football Manager Researcher NL
pi_13193721
WAt een fucking geweldige CD..... briljant weer! Wel wat 'bekende riffs' maar zeker genieten!

Leuke alt. lyrics

Don't ask me, I only use my brains to keep my ears apart!
www.3voor12denhaag.nl
http://www.last.fm/user/Reddiablo
pi_13202591
quote:
Op zondag 14 september 2003 18:52 schreef ThE_ED het volgende:
Ik hoor net op de radio dat de nieuwe CD geheel is uitverkocht?!
Waar was dat dan? Kan er nergens iets over terugvinden.
  dinsdag 16 september 2003 @ 11:13:57 #167
3936 ThE_ED
engu twiekur
pi_13202898
quote:
Op dinsdag 16 september 2003 11:02 schreef Seborik het volgende:

[..]

Waar was dat dan? Kan er nergens iets over terugvinden.

Zondag-Avondland op Kink, ze zeiden er ook niet bij of het de Single was of het Album... Maar gezien het feit dat ze niet erg positief warem over maiden in General lijkt het me raar dat ze nu wel ineens als grap iets positiefs melden. (De single leek trouwens wel in de smaak te vallen...)

Op de maiden site wordt alleen gesproken over "vinyl shortage" door "pressing problems"

[KNE]-Mod
pi_13211288
Wacko, Op www.sing365.com staan alles lyrics van Dance of Death. suc6 ermee
CIVIII: Conquests addict
pi_13228172
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1478237/09152003/iron_maiden.jhtml
quote:
In concert, Iron Maiden vocalist Bruce Dickinson grabs a huge, tattered Union Jack flag and waves it in the air while perched atop one of the stage risers. This is nothing new. He did it for years before quitting the band in 1993 and continued without missing a beat when he returned in 2000 for Brave New World. But this time it's different.

Iron Maiden are at war.

The band has always addressed combat and animosity, creating songs that marched with the force and intensity of an army about to plunder a small village. But their new album, Dance of Death, seems more epic, valiant and militaristic than anything they've written since 1984's Powerslave.

"Face in the Sand" confronts the fear and tension that escalated after the attacks of 9-11, "Paschendale" is about a bloody World War I battle, and "Montségur" addresses the massacre of a religious sect called the Cathars in the Middle Ages. In addition, Maiden are fighting to prove they're still relevant in an age of crunk, garage rock and edgy pop.

"The album is not a statement about war, but some of the album takes on the feel of war," guitarist Dave Murray said. "You can't help it. You read about it in the paper and watch it on TV, so it has to touch you at some point, and that expression comes out of you and goes into the music. But it's not a doom and gloom album at all. It's uplifting."

Indeed, the songs on Dance of Death are too fast and energetic to be depressing. Even the single, "Wildest Dreams," in which bassist Steve Harris reflects on his divorce, is filled with high-octane rhythms, motivational riffs and unconstrained soloing.

"There's more guitar on this album than on anything we've done before," Murray said. "And I think the guitars are mixed very upfront so they really strike out at you. When we did it, everyone threw themselves into the songs and then got inspired to keep adding different little touches to the tracks that make them more interesting."

Dance of Death features multifaceted arrangements and grandiose constructions, with more than half of the 11 songs passing the six-minute mark, and two lasting longer than eight minutes. It's almost as if Maiden are consciously looking at the most complex songs in their back catalog "Rime of the Ancient Mariner," "The Klansman," "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son" and trying to top themselves.

"I think it's good to want to do songs that are very deep and complex and have a lot of time changes," Murray said. "That way you're always trying to push yourselves a little bit more and stretch yourself a little bit further."

Adding to the majestic journey are swirling, sweeping strings that wouldn't sound out of place in a Peter Jackson film. Yet as dramatic as "Rainmaker" and "Age of Innocence" sound, the embellishments never detract from the heaviness of the songs.

"They make it more musical and heavier," Murray said. "In a lot of Maiden songs in the past, you can imagine an orchestra playing them without the band. So this time we decided to add orchestration to some of the melodies and riffs to make them sound bigger and grander to make them like Cecil B. DeMille epics."

Considering how complex much of Dance of Death is, it's easy to imagine the members of Iron Maiden fine-tuning the album for eons, but after writing from their respective homes, the bandmembers needed only six weeks at Psalm Studio in London to record. An additional six weeks were spent mixing the disc.

"It was really easy," Murray said. The whole thing had a great vibe to it. We did it where [Led] Zeppelin recorded 'Stairway to Heaven,' and [Jimi] Hendrix used to live there. It was really easy. We just spent the day putting down music and then we went home, and we did that for five or six days a week. I wish all of our albums were that easy."

pi_13228219
quote:
IRON MAIDEN's "Dance Of Death" has reportedly been certified gold in Sweden for sales in excess of 30,000 copies. The CD, which was released internationally on September 8, debuted at No. 1 on the Swedish Album chart.

IRON MAIDEN guitarist Adrian Smith recently spoke to MTV.com about the band's approach during the songwriting and recording process for the follow-up to 2000's "Brave New World".

"There's more guitar on this album than on anything we've done before," Smith said. "And I think the guitars are mixed very upfront so they really strike out at you. When we did it, everyone threw themselves into the songs and then got inspired to keep adding different little touches to the tracks that make them more interesting."

"I think it's good to want to do songs that are very deep and complex and have a lot of time changes," he added. "That way you're always trying to push yourselves a little bit more and stretch yourself a little bit further."

"[The musical embellishments] make [the sound] more musical and heavier," Smith said. "In a lot of MAIDEN songs in the past, you can imagine an orchestra playing them without the band. So this time we decided to add orchestration to some of the melodies and riffs to make them sound bigger and grander to make them like Cecil B. DeMille epics."

Haha, Blabbermouth is verkeerd aan het copy-pasten geweest?
pi_13236884
Bij allmusic.com krijgt dance of death 4 sterren.

Wat wel (mijns inziens) in de lijn der verwachting lag.

FOK!-Schrikkelbaas woensdag 17 september 2003 @ 16:23:22 #172
2057 Tokus
www.metalfan.nl
pi_13238651
IRON MAIDEN's 'Dance Of Death' Enters BILLBOARD Album Chart At No. 18! - Sep. 17, 2003

IRON MAIDEN's "Dance Of Death" has sold 40,308 copies during its first week of release to debut at No. 18 on The Billboard 200 chart. This number is in line with the first-week tally of the group's last album, "Brave New World", which moved 37,618 copies in June 2000 to land at No. 39 on The Billboard 200 chart.

The following are the first-week chart positions for "Dance Of Death" in various countries around the world:

Argentina: #3
Australia: #12
Brazil: #12
Finland: #1
France: #3
Greece: #1
Iceland: #1
Ireland: #6
Italy: #1
Netherlands: #11*
Norway: #3
Portugal: #4
Spain: #2
Sweden: #1
U.K.: #2
USA: #18

* kwam op 51 binnen, en een week later naar nr 11. niet slecht

woensdag 17 september 2003 @ 16:43:36 #173
45563 Djaser
Holy monk yorp
pi_13239288
Wow dat is zeker niet slecht
Maar ik het ook wel leuk gevonden als ie in de top 10 terecht was gekomen
pi_13239361
Nr. 11

en dan komt de clip niet eens op tv...

(the box wel maar daar zie je 'm ook niet vaak)

woensdag 17 september 2003 @ 16:49:42 #175
45563 Djaser
Holy monk yorp
pi_13239444
Moet je de dvd maar kopen
spoiler:
of hem gewoon op de site bekijken

Ik ga echt MTV/TMF hier niet voor in de gaten houden hoor.

abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')