abonnement bol.com Unibet Coolblue
pi_10758676
quote:
Op donderdag 29 mei 2003 17:21 schreef Pea het volgende:
Er circuleren trouwens al (live?)opnames van het nummer 'The World's Wildest Dream' op internet, schijnt wel baggerkwaliteit te zijn, maar ben toch wel benieuwd...
da's een diskwalificatie voor de term bagger!

Door alle ruis is er trouwens wel een aardige melodie lijn te ontdekken, maar de opname kwaliteit is zo vreselijk slecht, dat je je de moeite kan besparen die track te downloaden

Winnaar FOK! VBL Voor Rood-Wit Gezongen-Award
PSV, de logische kampioen
Proud To Be VBL User
Hiphop Purist
  donderdag 29 mei 2003 @ 18:00:52 #27
38812 ProPHeT0
Jiu-Jitsuka
pi_10758684
Fear Of The Dark zelf is volgens mij het enige nummer op die CD wat ik echt vet vond.
"Though it was not our intention to disrupt the lives of millions of Poseurs, we consider it a Testament to Heavy Metal Might and Thunder that one power chord from our steeled hands could wreak such havoc in the lives of mortals." - Manowar
pi_10758719
quote:
Op donderdag 29 mei 2003 18:00 schreef ProPHeT0 het volgende:
Fear Of The Dark zelf is volgens mij het enige nummer op die CD wat ik echt vet vond.
Welke cd heb je over
Proud To Be VBL User
Hiphop Purist
  donderdag 29 mei 2003 @ 18:04:15 #29
9613 Seborik
I, Voyager
pi_10758728
quote:
Op donderdag 29 mei 2003 18:03 schreef Tony_Montana67 het volgende:

[..]

Welke cd heb je over

Welke cd staat Fear of The Dark?
pi_10758855
quote:
Op donderdag 29 mei 2003 18:04 schreef Seborik het volgende:

Welke cd staat Fear of The Dark?

Sorry, ikke beedju slegt nedrlanz schrijve, morregu wer less

edit:

Fear Of The Dark
Edward The Great
Live At Donnington
Live At Rock In Rio

Zo uit m'n hoofd

Proud To Be VBL User
Hiphop Purist
  donderdag 29 mei 2003 @ 18:15:58 #31
38812 ProPHeT0
Jiu-Jitsuka
pi_10758916
Toen ik die reply begon te typen was de laatste reply ene van jouw waar je het tegen Seborik had over Fear Of The Dark. Die reply was dus over Fear Of The Dark. Als het een live-versie was geweest had ik dat er wel bij gezegd.
"Though it was not our intention to disrupt the lives of millions of Poseurs, we consider it a Testament to Heavy Metal Might and Thunder that one power chord from our steeled hands could wreak such havoc in the lives of mortals." - Manowar
  donderdag 29 mei 2003 @ 18:18:57 #32
29890 Graveworm
All is Silent
pi_10758955
quote:
Op donderdag 29 mei 2003 15:42 schreef Tokus het volgende:Dit keer met orkest, en ze hebben zelfs een acoustische versie van een nummer opgenomen
Hmm ze gaan toch niet de kant op van metallica? (s&m)
[b]De oorlog is voorbij, tijd voor het proces. Chirac, Schroder en Putin in de beklaagdenbank in Den Haag[/b]
  donderdag 29 mei 2003 @ 18:20:24 #33
29890 Graveworm
All is Silent
pi_10758977
quote:
Op donderdag 29 mei 2003 18:12 schreef Tony_Montana67 het volgende:
Fear Of The Dark
Edward The Great
Live At Donnington
Live At Rock In Rio

Zo uit m'n hoofd

A Real Live Dead One
Ed Hunter (cd1)
The Best of the Beast (cd1)
[b]De oorlog is voorbij, tijd voor het proces. Chirac, Schroder en Putin in de beklaagdenbank in Den Haag[/b]
  FOK!-Schrikkelbaas donderdag 29 mei 2003 @ 18:20:48 #34
2057 Tokus
www.metalfan.nl
pi_10758980
quote:
Op donderdag 29 mei 2003 18:18 schreef Graveworm het volgende:

[..]

Hmm ze gaan toch niet de kant op van metallica? (s&m)

nee. vele bands gebruiken wel 's een orkest op een album hoor. En ook Metallica was daarin echt niet de 1e om dat live te doen.
Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change
  donderdag 29 mei 2003 @ 20:38:43 #35
45563 Djaser
Holy monk yorp
pi_10761129
IK vrees echt voor het nummer van Nicko, hij is een goede drummer maar om zich nu opeens aan muziekschrijven te gaan wagen
Ik hoop trouwens niet dat ze te braaf zijn geworden nu hij ook een Christen is geworden. En ik hoop natuurlijk dat de cd op zn minst zo goed is als Brave New World
  FOK!-Schrikkelbaas donderdag 29 mei 2003 @ 20:58:04 #36
2057 Tokus
www.metalfan.nl
pi_10761427
quote:
Op donderdag 29 mei 2003 20:38 schreef Djaser het volgende:
IK vrees echt voor het nummer van Nicko, hij is een goede drummer maar om zich nu opeens aan muziekschrijven te gaan wagen
Ik hoop trouwens niet dat ze te braaf zijn geworden nu hij ook een Christen is geworden. En ik hoop natuurlijk dat de cd op zn minst zo goed is als Brave New World
Nicko is al jaren christen hoor. En tot dusver heeft dat de geen negatieve gevolgen gehad voor de band.

ik ben eigenlijk erg benieuwd naar dat nummer waar hij aan meegeschreven heeft. Ik vrees er niet voor, want als het niet aan de verwachtingen van de rest v/d band (en vooral Steve) zou voldoen zou het echt niet op het album komen.

donderdag 29 mei 2003 @ 21:06:48 #37
45563 Djaser
Holy monk yorp
pi_10761566
This article is from a christian web site:

IRON MAIDEN Drummer Nicko McBrain Gives His Life To Christ - June 4, 2002:

The drummer with million-selling heavy rock band IRON MAIDEN has become a Christian. Nicko McBrain, who recently finished an 18-month world tour in support of the band's Brave New World album, is now a part of the worship team at Spanish River Church in Florida, USA. The 48-year-old musician became a Christian through the witness and prayers of his wife Rebecca. McBrain, while visiting the Spanish River Church, found himself weeping. "I just sat there thinking, 'I didn't drink last nightwhy can't I stand?' " he told Willow Creek Association News. After praying to receive Christ, he began to read the Bible hungrily. "I had this love affair with Jesus going on in my heart."

An IRON MAIDEN fan became a Christian after McBrain shared his testimony at a church sponsored coffee house. "The way the Holy Spirit touched that room that night was immense," McBrain said. "I've never felt that way, before or since." Though he has played before 250,000 people, McBrain said he was more nervous when he began playing with the church worship team. McBrain told the News that after praying, he felt that he should remain with IRON MAIDEN, but "there's a greater calling on my life." He is considering enrolling in some seminary classes. "Without this church and this relationship with God, I don't know where I'd be right now. I just know that I want to be able to use my life for God.

Cross Rhythms editor Tony Cummings commented, "It's wonderful news about the conversion of Nicko McBrain but also somewhat ironic. Back in the '80s and '90s all these books from evangelicals were appearing denouncing the music of heavy rock bands like IRON MAIDEN, ANTHRAX and MEGADETH as 'satanic'. Now in the last couple of years we've seen IRON MAIDEN's Nicko McBrain, ANTHRAX's Daniel Spitz and MEGADETH's Dave Ellefson all become Christians! Thankfully, some Christians were praying rather than playing the Pharisee."

In related news, THE REBECCA MCBRAIN BAND, featuring Nicko's wife Rebecca, have made available an eight-song CD for purchase via their official web site at this location. Currently unsigned, the group's music is being described on the site as "a combination of powerful rock laced with unique contemporary stylings. With Rebecca's thoughtful, heartfelt lyrics, and fresh style, she is a truly moving performer. Backed up by smashing percussion and frenetic fret action on both guitar and bass, they have managed to create a brand new sound of their own."

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Das duidelijk dus nog niet echt lang

pi_10761600
Is toch hardrock gedoe??
Nee, daar hou ik niet zo van.
  donderdag 29 mei 2003 @ 21:11:35 #39
29890 Graveworm
All is Silent
pi_10761628
quote:
Op donderdag 29 mei 2003 21:09 schreef schatje het volgende:
Is toch hardrock gedoe??
  vrijdag 30 mei 2003 @ 00:51:28 #40
9613 Seborik
I, Voyager
pi_10765660
quote:
Op donderdag 29 mei 2003 21:09 schreef schatje het volgende:
Is toch hardrock gedoe??
Your loss.
  vrijdag 30 mei 2003 @ 08:11:44 #41
14677 Fegisje
I love America
pi_10767152
quote:
Op donderdag 29 mei 2003 17:21 schreef Pea het volgende:
Ik ben HEEL erg benieuwd... Als het een beetje lijkt op Brave New World dan zal het een goed album worden. Er circuleren trouwens al (live?)opnames van het nummer 'The World's Wildest Dream' op internet, schijnt wel baggerkwaliteit te zijn, maar ben toch wel benieuwd...
Die opnames zijn verschrikkelijk slecht. Veel van dat snelle spaanse gebrabbel er tussendoor.. "bla bla bla bla bla iron maiden bla bla bla bla bla" Dat ze gewoon naar de muziek luistern! Er moeten toch wel beter bootlegs te vinden zijn, denken jullie niet?

Anyways.. ik kan niet wachten tot het album uitkomt!!! Ik kijk er ontzettend naar uit! Ook de DVD die als het goed is een dag na mijn verjaardag uitkomt, lijkt me verschrikkelijk tof!!

Up the irons!

I Love America
  vrijdag 30 mei 2003 @ 09:21:14 #42
9568 Witchfynder
/dev/bassguitar
pi_10767510
quote:
Op donderdag 29 mei 2003 17:51 schreef Seborik het volgende:
Oeh nee, alsjeblieft geen Fear of The Dark... een mooi langzaam nummer erop als Blood Brothers zou wel leuk zijn.
Nou, niet als Blood Brothers. Dan liever iets als The Clansman ofzo.
Mijn band: Conorach || MySpace || Twitter || Lastfm
"The band makes it rock. The crew makes it roll" - Dave Mustaine
There are two kinds of people in the world: those who like Heavy Metal and those who hate music.
  vrijdag 30 mei 2003 @ 09:25:49 #43
9568 Witchfynder
/dev/bassguitar
pi_10767546
quote:
Op donderdag 29 mei 2003 21:06 schreef Djaser het volgende:
Now in the last couple of years we've seen IRON MAIDEN's Nicko McBrain, ANTHRAX's Daniel Spitz and MEGADETH's Dave Ellefson all become Christians!
Dat is echt bullshit. Danny Spitz is altijd al een Christen geweest. Dat is een van de dingen die hem en de rest van de band uit elkaar dreef. Ze vonden hem een beetje te. David én Dave van Megadeth zijn al een hele leven Christenen. Misschien niet altijd zondags naar de kerk en naar bijbelstudie en het om de zin noemen in een interview, maar volgens Tolstoj hoeft dat ook helemaal niet.

Echt weer zo'n vervelend aangedikt stuk tekst.

Mijn band: Conorach || MySpace || Twitter || Lastfm
"The band makes it rock. The crew makes it roll" - Dave Mustaine
There are two kinds of people in the world: those who like Heavy Metal and those who hate music.
  vrijdag 30 mei 2003 @ 10:01:54 #44
45563 Djaser
Holy monk yorp
pi_10767920
quote:
This article is from a christian web site:
Ja duuh alhoewel ik zelf Christen ben/was heb ik het niet zo op die overdreven literatuur. Laatst las ik toevallig in de EO gids dat Heavy metal heksen/wicca muziek is. Humor hebben ze toch wel
  FOK!-Schrikkelbaas zondag 1 juni 2003 @ 00:35:36 #45
2057 Tokus
www.metalfan.nl
pi_10798263
De titel: Dance Of Death
aantal songs: 11
producer: Kevin Shirley
release: september 2003.

Tracklist:
1. Wildest Dreams
2. Rainmaker
3. No More Lies
4. Montsegur
5. Dance Of Death
6. Gates Of Tomorrow
7. New Frontier
8. Paschendale
9. Face in The Sand
10. Age Of Innocence
11. Journeyman

FOK!-Schrikkelbaas zondag 1 juni 2003 @ 00:40:07 #46
2057 Tokus
www.metalfan.nl
pi_10798320
kom op sebbo je mag de topictitel veranderen
  zondag 1 juni 2003 @ 09:38:56 #47
45563 Djaser
Holy monk yorp
pi_10801351
quote:
Op zondag 1 juni 2003 00:35 schreef Tokus het volgende:
De titel: Dance Of Death
aantal songs: 11
producer: Kevin Shirley
release: september 2003.

Tracklist:
1. Wildest Dreams
2. Rainmaker
3. No More Lies
4. Montsegur
5. Dance Of Death
6. Gates Of Tomorrow
7. New Frontier
8. Paschendale
9. Face in The Sand
10. Age Of Innocence
11. Journeyman

Geweldig, het zal niet hun laatste album zijn ook
Volgens mij word het super dark en heavy
Nicko heeft meegeschreven aan 'New Frontier'

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door Djaser op 01-06-2003 09:45]

zondag 1 juni 2003 @ 09:46:35 #48
45563 Djaser
Holy monk yorp
pi_10801386
31/05/2003: Iron Maiden Announce New Album

Iron Maiden frontman Bruce Dickinson took the bands headlining performance at the Download festival as an opportunity to announce the long-awaited details of their new album. Iron Maiden are currently performing on their 'Give Me Ed...Til I'm Dead' Tour, headlining dates throughout Europe and the USA.

The new album, entitled 'Dance Of Death', is the band's thirteenth studio album and is due for release in September 2003. Work began on the album late in 2002 when Iron Maiden reconvened from a break to start putting the album together. They teamed up again with producer Kevin Shirley who co-produced their last album, Brave New World with Steve Harris. The album was recorded and mixed at Sarm Studios in West London during the spring.

Kevin Shirley has been even more impressed working with Iron Maiden this time round. 'The band are so in sync with each other its incredible. There is very little friction in the studio, and the sessions couldn't have been any more fun and productive, and they rock so fucking hard too! It all augers well for the finished product, and whatever period in Maiden's history is your favourite, I doubt whether they've all played as together as this before.

In the Zeppelin tradition of Tight But Loose, this is a band which moves - pushing the beat, pulling it back, and that's real rock! No click tracks, no ProTools computer tightening and manipulation - what you hear is what they play. I'm just saying it like it is, and Maiden are the last and the best of the naturally moving rock bands.

Vocalist Bruce Dickinson is equally as pleased with the results on Dance Of Death. I think Brave New World was only a stepping stone to what we have managed to achieve on this record for everyone. Recording this album was almost like being back when Number Of The Beast was recorded in that the speed and the energy that went into the writing and recording was phenomenal. Everything has come together on this album and I think everyone that hears this record will be moved in different ways from the epic sound of songs like Paschendale through to the more heavy tracks like Rainmaker and Montsegur. This album will open a lot of eyes and ears to the world or Iron Maiden.'

The full track listing is -

1. Wildest Dreams
2. Rainmaker
3. No More Lies
4. Montsegur
5. Dance Of Death
6. Gates Of Tomorrow
7. New Frontier
8. Paschendale
9. Face in The Sand
10. Age Of Innocence
11. Journeyman

The 11 tracks represent the work from all band members including for the first time drummer Nicko McBrain on the track 'New Frontier'.

Another first for the band is that the album has also been mixed to 5.1 Surround which will take those who have 5.1 Home Cinema to a whole new level of hearing the album. Comments Steve Harris, 'When I was working with Kevin on the audio for our Rock In Rio DVD the whole 5.1 mixing process really opened my eyes to what could be achieved. I decided there and then that the new album had to be mixed the same way when it was finished. That's not to say that we wrote any specific songs which can only be heard properly in 5.1, I simply wanted to take the listener right into the middle of the studio so they could close their eyes and imagine themselves there. We've really managed to capture that feeling.'

bron: www.ironmaiden.com

pi_10803440
Cool in dolby 5.1, dat zal de buurt leuk gaan vinden
Proud To Be VBL User
Hiphop Purist
  maandag 2 juni 2003 @ 02:00:50 #50
9613 Seborik
I, Voyager
pi_10818296
Cool!