abonnement Unibet Coolblue
pi_182308456
Dat lijkt maar zo ;)
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”
― C.S. Lewis
pi_182308459
senjudiciary twitterde op dinsdag 02-10-2018 om 18:10:24 As part of Judge Kavanaugh’s nomination to #SCOTUS, the FBI conducted its SIXTH full-field background investigation of Judge Kavanaugh since 1993. As part of these 6 prior FBI investigations, the FBI interviewed nearly 150 different people who know Judge Kavanaugh personally. 1/2 reageer retweet
senjudiciary twitterde op dinsdag 02-10-2018 om 18:10:24 Nowhere in any of these six FBI reports, which the committee has reviewed on a bipartisan basis, was there ever a whiff of ANY issue – at all – related in any way to inappropriate sexual behavior or alcohol abuse. 2/2 reageer retweet
Uit de brief van Democraten naar aanleiding van deze tweets:

Blijkbaar is er in de eerdere onderzoeken wel degelijk ook iets gevonden?
“The fundamental cause of the trouble in the modern world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.”— Bertrand Russell
  donderdag 4 oktober 2018 @ 02:53:02 #103
3292 Tweek
Koffie graag!
pi_182308461
quote:
12s.gif Op donderdag 4 oktober 2018 02:51 schreef Eficaz het volgende:
Dat lijkt maar zo ;)
Hij kijkt alleen maar links en zegt dan dingen, is hij ziek ofzo?
  donderdag 4 oktober 2018 @ 02:53:50 #104
3292 Tweek
Koffie graag!
pi_182308465
Er is iets mis met Trump hij is aan het voorlezen, hij kan niet meer spreken van uit zich zelf.
  donderdag 4 oktober 2018 @ 02:55:17 #105
3292 Tweek
Koffie graag!
pi_182308466
Hij spreekt naar rechts en het gaat nergens over, hij kijkt naar links en ineens gaat het ergens over.
  donderdag 4 oktober 2018 @ 02:56:48 #106
3292 Tweek
Koffie graag!
pi_182308471
Magic wand referentie en Arnold referentie.
  donderdag 4 oktober 2018 @ 03:03:13 #107
3292 Tweek
Koffie graag!
pi_182308484
Trump schijt op de wapens van Israeal, dat is troep, die wapens hebben ze niet meer nodig.
pi_182308494
Djeez...

seungminkim twitterde op donderdag 04-10-2018 om 00:37:55 Tentative plan for how senators will read Kavanaugh FBI report, per a senior Senate official: --Only one copy of the report is available--Senators will have to read report in SCIF in the CVC, will get briefed by cleared committee staff .... reageer retweet
seungminkim twitterde op donderdag 04-10-2018 om 00:38:46 .... --Cleared staff will brief senators on report in one-hour shifts, i.e. Republicans will have access to the report from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. tomorrow. Then Dems get access at 9 a.m. Rs get it back at 10 a.m. Etc. --This is so multiple senators can read/learn about report at once reageer retweet
Wat een waanzin! 8)7
“The fundamental cause of the trouble in the modern world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.”— Bertrand Russell
  donderdag 4 oktober 2018 @ 03:06:58 #109
3292 Tweek
Koffie graag!
pi_182308495
Ik heb me altijd afgevraagd hoe Hitler aan de macht kwam, dat vraag ik me niet meer af.
pi_182308512
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 4 oktober 2018 03:06 schreef Tweek het volgende:
Ik heb me altijd afgevraagd hoe Hitler aan de macht kwam, dat vraag ik me niet meer af.
Ha ja ik heb me ook lange tijd afgevraagd hoe het zo ver heeft kunnen komen dat (in de jaren dertig van de vorige eeuw) zo'n groot deel van het Duitse volk als makke schapen Der Führer volgde. Blijkbaar hebben mensen behoefte aan dit soort demagogen in moeilijke tijden. In feite is het natuurlijk ook net als bij het volgen van een religieuze leider een kwestie van geloof.

In dat verband interessant artikel:

Trump's Appeal: What Psychology Tells Us

Behind his unforeseen success in the 2016 election was a masterful use of group psychology principles

quote:
- Donald Trump's rallies enacted how Trump and his followers would like the country to be. They were, in essence, identity festivals.

- Trump succeeded by providing a categorical grid--a clear definition of groups and intergroup relations--that allowed many Americans to make sense of their lived experiences.

- Within this framework, he established himself as a prototypical American and a voice for people who otherwise felt voiceless.

- His rivals did not deploy the skills of identity leadership to present an inclusive narrative of "us." In that context, Trump had a relatively free run.

[..]

[ Bericht 20% gewijzigd door Kijkertje op 04-10-2018 04:01:46 ]
  donderdag 4 oktober 2018 @ 03:20:48 #111
3292 Tweek
Koffie graag!
pi_182308515
quote:
15s.gif Op donderdag 4 oktober 2018 03:17 schreef Kijkertje het volgende:

[..]

Ha ja ik heb me ook lange tijd afgevraagd hoe het zo ver heeft kunnen komen dat (in de jaren dertig van de vorige eeuw) zo'n groot deel van het Duitse volk als makke schapen Der Führer volgden. Blijkbaar hebben mensen behoefte aan dit soort demagogen in moeilijke tijden. In feite is het natuurlijk ook net als bij het volgen van een religieuze leider een kwestie van geloof.
Het is vrij eng om een speech te zien en mensen te zien klappen.
pi_182308554
Judge blocks US from ending protections for some immigrants

quote:
A judge on Wednesday blocked the Trump administration from ending protections that allowed immigrants from four countries to live and work legally in the United States, saying the move would cause “irreparable harm and great hardship.”

U.S. District Judge Edward Chen in San Francisco granted a request for a preliminary injunction against the administration’s decision to discontinue temporary protected status for people from Sudan, Nicaragua, Haiti and El Salvador.

The judge said there is evidence that “President Trump harbors an animus against non-white, non-European aliens which influenced his ... decision to end the TPS designation.”

The ruling cited Trump’s 2015 campaign speech in which he characterized Mexican immigrants as drug dealers and rapists, his call to bar Muslims from entering the United States and his vulgar reference to African countries during a meeting about immigration at the White House in January.

It’s the latest case in which judges have cited Trump’s own comments to rule against his immigration policies. His words have been turned against him in lawsuits over decisions to separate families at the border, end legal protections for young immigrants and ban people from some Muslim-majority countries.

SPOILER
Om spoilers te kunnen lezen moet je zijn ingelogd. Je moet je daarvoor eerst gratis Registreren. Ook kun je spoilers niet lezen als je een ban hebt.
pi_182308557
AP_Politics twitterde op donderdag 04-10-2018 om 03:56:46 BREAKING: Senate GOP leader Mitch McConnell sets up key procedural vote on Brett Kavanaugh's nomination to the Supreme Court. reageer retweet
pi_182308688
SethAbramson twitterde op donderdag 04-10-2018 om 04:30:04 I think McConnell wants a vote on Kavanaugh. I'm unclear on whether he wants to *win* it. The worst thing that could happen to the GOP is they confirm Kavanaugh, the floodgate of allegations opens, they have to participate in impeaching their own guy. But the base *wants* a vote. reageer retweet
Hmmmm.....

En als er vrijdag een stemming komt en Kavanaugh haalt het niet kan het in november bij de midterms wel eens heel moeilijk worden voor de Democraten vrees ik...

Edit: de stemming is wsl zaterdag

[ Bericht 3% gewijzigd door Kijkertje op 04-10-2018 05:48:03 ]
pi_182308922
quote:
5s.gif Op donderdag 4 oktober 2018 04:51 schreef Kijkertje het volgende:
SethAbramson twitterde op donderdag 04-10-2018 om 04:30:04 I think McConnell wants a vote on Kavanaugh. I'm unclear on whether he wants to *win* it. The worst thing that could happen to the GOP is they confirm Kavanaugh, the floodgate of allegations opens, they have to participate in impeaching their own guy. But the base *wants* a vote. reageer retweet
Hmmmm.....

En als er vrijdag een stemming komt en Kavanaugh haalt het niet kan het in november bij de midterms wel eens heel moeilijk worden voor de Democraten vrees ik...
Voor de Democraten, hoezo dan lijkt me juist gunstig, zou je dat misschien willen uitleggen?
pi_182308996
quote:
1s.gif Op donderdag 4 oktober 2018 05:16 schreef Adrie072 het volgende:

[..]

Voor de Democraten, hoezo dan lijkt me juist gunstig, zou je dat misschien willen uitleggen?
Ik denk dat Republikeinen/Trumperds dan veel gemotiveerder zijn om te gaan stemmen?
pi_182309090
Republican Sen. Ben Sasse drops a bombshell on the debate over Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court

quote:
Republican Sen. Ben Sasse of Nebraska gave an impassioned speech on sexual assault and the #MeToo movement on the Senate floor Wednesday night.

Sasse also dropped a bombshell about where he stands on Brett Kavanaugh, President Donald Trump’s second nominee to the Supreme Court.

“I urged the president to nominate a different individual. I urged the president to nominate a woman,” Sasse said.

He recounted the experiences of two personal friends he said were raped, adding that the #MeToo movement has been “complicated,” but also a “very good thing.”

And then Sasse turned back to Trump: “We all know that the president cannot lead us through this time.”

SPOILER
Om spoilers te kunnen lezen moet je zijn ingelogd. Je moet je daarvoor eerst gratis Registreren. Ook kun je spoilers niet lezen als je een ban hebt.

Mooie toespraak ^O^

[ Bericht 6% gewijzigd door Kijkertje op 04-10-2018 07:13:32 ]
pi_182309171
JaneMayerNYer twitterde op donderdag 04-10-2018 om 05:03:31 New from us: The F.B.I. Ignores Testimonies from Kavanaugh’s Former Classmates - including a professor now on the record about Ramirez allegations https://t.co/C4Pkp7NmqW reageer retweet
The F.B.I. Probe Ignored Testimonies from Former Classmates of Kavanaugh

quote:
[..]

Appold reached out to the Bureau last weekend but did not hear back. Frustrated, he submitted a statement through an F.B.I. Web portal. During his first year at Yale, Appold lived in the basement of Lawrance Hall, one of the university’s freshman dormitories. He was in the same suite of bedrooms as Kavanaugh, sharing a common room. Appold said of Kavanaugh, “We didn’t hang out together, but there was no animosity between us either.” He said he believes that “there were two sides to Brett.” Those who have described the judge as studious and somewhat reserved or shy are correct, he said. He added, “that was true part of the time, but so are the other things that have been said about him. He drank a lot, and when he was drinking he could be aggressive, and belligerent. He wasn’t beating people up, but there was an edge and an obnoxiousness that I could see at the hearings. When I saw clips” of Kavanaugh’s Senate testimony, Appold said, “I remembered it immediately.”

Appold said that he learned about the alleged incident with Ramirez during the winter of the 1983-84 school year. He recalled being told that, during a party in a first-floor common room in Lawrance Hall, Kavanaugh went over to Ramirez, who had been participating in a drinking game, “and opened his pants, and pulled out his penis, and tried to put it in her face.” But she waved him away. Appold recalled hearing that Ramirez said something like, “It’s not a real penis.” He said that the remark made no sense to him at the time, and he understood it only after reading Ramirez’s allegation in The New Yorker and learning that people had been playing pranks with a fake plastic penis at the party.

[..]

In his statement, which his attorney also sent to several members of the Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday, he described Kavanaugh as part of a clique of high-school athletes, most of whom were on the football team, who "routinely picked on" less physically fit or popular students. He said that he never witnessed Kavanaugh physically attacking another student, but he recalled him doing "nothing to stop the physical and verbal abuse." Instead, he said, Kavanaugh "stood by and laughed at the victims." Both Ford and Ramirez have said they remembered Kavanaugh laughing during their ordeals. "It was so wrenching for me when I heard Dr. Ford mention how they were laughing," the Georgetown Prep classmate said, in a phone interview. "That really, really struck a chord. I can hear him laughing when someone was picked on right now."

[..]

But the classmate who submitted the statement said that he heard Kavanaugh "talk about Renate many times," and that "the impression I formed at the time from listening to these conversations where Brett Kavanaugh was present was that Renate was the girl that everyone passed around for sex." The classmate said that "Brett Kavanaugh had made up a rhyme using the REE NATE pronunciation of Renate's name" and sang it in the hallways on the way to class. He recalled the rhyme going, "REE NATE, REE NATE, if you want a date, can't get one until late, and you wanna get laid, you can make it with REE NATE." He said that, while he might not be remembering the rhyme word-for-word, "the substance is 100 percent accurate." He added, "I thought that this was sickening at the time I heard it, and it left an indelible mark in my memory."

[..]

Walker's declaration described attending a large house party with Georgetown Prep boys, where, she wrote, "A friend from Prep warned me not to go upstairs, where the bedrooms were, cautioning me that it could be dangerous."

[..]

[ Bericht 8% gewijzigd door Kijkertje op 04-10-2018 06:31:40 ]
pi_182309720
quote:
0s.gif Op woensdag 3 oktober 2018 10:24 schreef klappernootopreis het volgende:

ons concentreren op de echte schurk.
quote:
0s.gif Op donderdag 4 oktober 2018 03:06 schreef Tweek het volgende:
Zo, de lijn der discussie wordt hier wel gedicteerd zeg.
En een ieder die er anders over denkt is een trol. :')
  Overall beste user 2022 donderdag 4 oktober 2018 @ 08:02:31 #120
3928 Ulx
you aint no punk you punk
pi_182310121
quote:
1s.gif Op donderdag 4 oktober 2018 07:12 schreef Za het volgende:

[..]

[..]

Zo, de lijn der discussie wordt hier wel gedicteerd zeg.
En een ieder die er anders over denkt is een trol. :')
Kom eens aan met valide argumenten. (Tip: "jamaarhillary" is dat niet)
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
pi_182310179
quote:
1s.gif Op donderdag 4 oktober 2018 08:02 schreef Ulx het volgende:

Kom eens aan met valide argumenten. (Tip: "jamaarhillary" is dat niet)
Argumenten voor wat? Ik constateer.
  donderdag 4 oktober 2018 @ 08:34:24 #122
187810 Szura
Kijk eens aan!
pi_182310362
quote:
6s.gif Op donderdag 4 oktober 2018 05:24 schreef Kijkertje het volgende:

[..]

Ik denk dat Republikeinen/Trumperds dan veel gemotiveerder zijn om te gaan stemmen?
Dit is echt op niks gebaseerd
Lekker zuipen, lekker dansen en daarna lekker neuken.
  donderdag 4 oktober 2018 @ 08:36:53 #123
258333 Vis1980
Veni Vidi Vissie
pi_182310392
quote:
1s.gif Op woensdag 3 oktober 2018 20:31 schreef Belabor het volgende:

[..]

Dat zou je wel denken. De users die het hier alleen zo'n beetje altijd bij het verkeerde eind hebben, maar hun positie gelegitimeerd zien door het feit dat ze hadden aangegeven dat Trump het presidentschap zou winnen, hebben sindsdien nog nooit excuses aangeboden.

Ze zoeken vooral heel snel en andere hoax waar ze zich dan selectief over kunnen verontwaardigen. Dit is standaard tactiek voor die mensen. Uiterst rechts en uiterst links Amerika maken zich hier ook erg schuldig aan.

Mensen in het politieke centrum zijn de enige genuanceerde leden van de samenleving in de VS, lijkt het wel. Alleen doen zowel rechts als links constant alsof het politieke centrum niet bestaat.

You're either with us or against us. There is no neutral ground.

Amerikaanse politiek anno 2018 in een notendop.
Beide hebben echt een hekel aan het centrum. Ik kom nig wel eens oo Resetera (het nieuwe NeoGaf) en schrik daar vaak van links radicalen. Volgens hen nemen moderates geen standpunt in. Probleem is dat centristen vaak minder hard roepen.

Bestaat er zoiets als extreem gecentreerd?
Het antwoord op de belangrijkste vraag van alle vragen? 42!
pi_182310434
quote:
1s.gif Op donderdag 4 oktober 2018 08:34 schreef Szura het volgende:

[..]

Dit is echt op niks gebaseerd
Hmm dit hele gedoe met Kavanaugh doet de Democraten nu al geen goed heb ik begrepen

Poll: Amid Kavanaugh Confirmation Battle, Democratic Enthusiasm Edge Evaporates
  donderdag 4 oktober 2018 @ 08:42:08 #125
384435 klappernootopreis
Pleens treens en ottomobile
pi_182310467
quote:
1s.gif Op donderdag 4 oktober 2018 08:12 schreef Za het volgende:

[..]

Argumenten voor wat? Ik constateer.
Ik constateer dat er nu een president aan het bewind staat die door bedrog en deflectie probeert de mensen te overtuigen dat hij ergens onschuldig van is, iedereen heeft het gedaan, maar zich zelf als een heilige beschouwd. Dat komt op mij niet geloofwaardig over. Als hij dan ook nog een partijdige opperrechter wil benoemen die hem eventueel uit de narigheid kan helpen, waar hij zichzelf in gewrongen heeft, constateer ik dat bij mij de belletjes gaan rinkelen.
Mag ik je vandaag weer eens irriteren?
abonnement Unibet Coolblue
Forum Opties
Forumhop:
Hop naar:
(afkorting, bv 'KLB')